PDA

View Full Version : Life KCTV5's Katie Horner...party girl?

Deberg_1990
06-21-2011, 11:03 AM
apparently shes single and on the prowl for all you young single KC guys....

http://www.kcconfidential.com/full_content.php?article_id=22749&full=yes&pbr=1

Sometimes stories rise from odd and unusual circumstances...

Take the latest on fading fast, KCTV weather wonk Katie Horner. I was recently asked to profile her for a local magazine. Nothing controversial, mind you, quite the opposite as a matter of fact. So I made several attempts to contact her at Channel 5 and at what I believed to be her home phone number.

Nada.

After not hearing back for more than a week, I thought the better of it and given the rumors that KCTV was not renewing her contract, left her a couple messages assuring her that there was no connection whatsoever to her leaving. That the story I wanted to write would be a little lively, but in no way a "Katie Is Getting Fired" affair.

Still nothing.

So on I moved where the profile was concerned, but my curiostity was piqued; why wouldn't Katie call me back?

A little digging was warranted. So I poked around. Hmmm, there's a "Save Katie Horner" page on Facebook. To go with all the Katie Horner scares me and fire Katie Horner pages. Only 31 fans, though.

Sounds about right.

"The people who complain about her are the same people who get sucked out of their house because they werent paying attention," offered Horner fan Arthur Floyd. "Katie is a goddess trying to keep us mere mortals safe."

Then it happened, I struck gold.

I stumbled onto Horner's unprotected, personal Facebook page. A page that not only revealed that the two-time wife and mommy was divorced and single again, but was maybe in full scale party mode.

Horner must have protected the page as I couldn't scare it up for the liefe of me yesterday. Until I found a link on KMBC weather wonk Bryan Busby's page this morning.

I can pass along a flashback regarding the now-former Mr. Horner from my column of October 5, 2003:

"About KCTV weather wonder woman Katie Horner's bambino-to-be with new hubby, Frank Armato. Here's a scoop for you, Horner hollers. His dad is delivering the baby. "I just figured you couldn't get a doctor to care more for a baby than his own grandfather," Horner told me. That would be North Kansas City Hospital ob-gyn David Myers."

I remember a number of women at the time being creeped out by the thought of a father-in-law delivering his son's wife's kid, but what the heck. It's a brave new world out there - even in 2003

Chazno
06-21-2011, 11:10 AM
I've heard stories that would confirm that.

Mr. Laz
06-21-2011, 11:10 AM
still waiting for anything that puts Horner in 'party mode' other than she's divorced.

blaise
06-21-2011, 11:26 AM
still waiting for anything that puts Horner in 'party mode' other than she's divorced.

On his blog there's one very non-scandalous photo of her, from what I can see.

4th and Long
06-21-2011, 11:26 AM
Someone I know who worked in an OB unit where she had one of her kids alleged that the bringer of weathers doom and gloom has a raging case of the herp.

gblowfish
06-21-2011, 11:29 AM
Man, the internets has everything!!!!
Daddy LIKEY!
http://www.sexyweathergirls.com/

beach tribe
06-21-2011, 11:44 AM
Here's our weather girl.
http://the305.com/2011/02/03/hottest-miami-weather-girl-ever-jackie-guerrido/http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh90/bbeal29/jackieguerrido1.jpg

Deberg_1990
06-21-2011, 11:59 AM
On his blog there's one very non-scandalous photo of her, from what I can see.

This one i guess could be considered semi-scandalous?

InChiefsHeaven
06-21-2011, 11:59 AM
Dang. She'd have me prayin' for bad weather...

durtyrute
06-21-2011, 12:13 PM
me so horner.... oh oh..... me so horner

HonestChieffan
06-21-2011, 12:28 PM
Of the Weather wonks in KC, she is the best forecaster especially for those who live rural and south of the city. Lezak is a dillwad who has no idea there is an area where people live south of Grandview, Busby couldn't tell the temperature with a digital gauge. Mike Thompson was right in 98. Once.

Pants
06-21-2011, 12:30 PM
Someone I know who worked in an OB unit where she had one of her kids alleged that the bringer of weathers doom and gloom has a raging case of the herp.

Nice HIPAA violation, douchebag.

Mr. Laz
06-21-2011, 12:34 PM
ooh ... Katie dancing at the xmas office party.

that whore!!

where's the red 'A' when you need it.

Brock
06-21-2011, 12:38 PM

What? Looks like a typical middle aged wedding guest.

Pitt Gorilla
06-21-2011, 12:47 PM
Man, the internets has everything!!!!
Daddy LIKEY!
http://www.sexyweathergirls.com/That is an outstanding site.

gblowfish
06-21-2011, 12:50 PM
KC Pitch Blog on 5/13 sez Katie's days may be numbered at KCTV5:
http://blogs.pitch.com/plog/2011/05/katie_horner_out_at_kctv5.php
http://bottomlinecom.com/katiehorneroutatkctv.html

Katie Horner on the way out at KCTV5? Weep for the end of the Katie Horner Drinking Game
By Justin Kendall Fri., May 13 2011 at 9:12 AM

​Looks like the folks at FireKatie.com are finally getting their wish. Bottom Line Communications is reporting that Katie Horner is getting shown the door at KCTV5 and should be gone by summer (so no more interruptions for How I Met Your Mother or NCIS).

Media watcher John Landsberg writes that the CBS affiliate "has been conducting secret focus-group tests with potential weather candidates around the country." He notes that KCTV5 wouldn't confirm or deny the story. If true, we may have seen our last Horner-gasm -- and played our last round of the Katie Horner Drinking Game.

Horner has been at KCTV5 since 1994; she became the station's chief meteorologist in 1998. She's best-known for breaking into programs with hysterical and overprotective weather news. (She once told children to wear bike helmets during severe storms.)

The Katie Horner Drinking Game was created by Adam Yarbrough one stormy night in 2009 when Horner interrupted regularly scheduled programming for another marathon forecast. So one last time, here's the game (just don't blame us when you're black-out drunk):

The Katie Horner Drinking Game

If Katie's wearing jeans, it's clearly casual day. All players must be in their underwear.

If Katie mentions a watch or a warning of any type, hold tight to your drink and sip nervously.

If Katie tells you it's hailing in your area, run outside to freshen the ice in your cup.

If Katie speaks directly to your children, give them a heavy dose of cough syrup. (If you don't have kids, drink it yourself.)

If Katie says, "Tonganoxie," everyone passes their drink to the person on the right and chugs.

If Katie says, "Take cover," top off your drink. It's gonna be a long night.

If Katie talks about being scared for your life, chug.

If Katie asks the audience to e-mail her rainfall totals or storm-damage reports, take a crazy party pic and send it to her.

If Katie references Newschopper 5, take 5 gulps.

If Katie announces a tornado warning, fire up the blender and make some pina coladas.

If Katie talks about Doppler coupling, make out with the person to your left.

If Katie walks off screen, take a long, steady chug until she returns.

If Katie talks about peace of mind, drink.

If Katie tells you that you're in the clear, the game ends.

If a tornado actually hits your house, move the party to KCTV5 and get Katie drunk with you!

keg in kc
06-21-2011, 12:50 PM
My ex used to work with her. She apparently got around before she "found Jesus" and got married (her second one, I think). We always called her Katie Horny (or at least I did).

Predarat
06-21-2011, 12:55 PM
This weather chic is pretty damn good!

tooge
06-21-2011, 02:36 PM
Mmmmm, katie. This gives me fantasy material. Bark like a dog you little monkey woman.

Dave Lane
06-21-2011, 02:44 PM
Of the Weather wonks in KC, she is the best forecaster especially for those who live rural and south of the city. Lezak is a dillwad who has no idea there is an area where people live south of Grandview, Busby couldn't tell the temperature with a digital gauge. Mike Thompson was right in 98. Once.

People still watch the news? Like on TV or something? God I thought my 85 year old dad was the last of them.

Titty Meat
06-21-2011, 02:55 PM
Dave Lane pretends his bar of soap is Katies snatch. The burning from the soap feels just like her herpes.

BigCatDaddy
06-21-2011, 02:57 PM
Dave Lane pretends his bar of soap is Katies snatch. The burning from the soap feels just like her herpes.

Soap and herpes burn?

Titty Meat
06-21-2011, 03:03 PM
Soap and herpes burn?

The dickhole is a sensitive area.

BigCatDaddy
06-21-2011, 03:11 PM
The dickhole is a sensitive area.

I'm still not sure about Herpes burning though. I think that's the Clap or something else.

Dante84
06-21-2011, 03:59 PM
I'd have lil' mami rainin' wet, fa sho.

CoMoChief
06-21-2011, 04:10 PM
I'd hit it..............without thinkin' twice.

Al Bundy
06-21-2011, 04:14 PM
I would make Katie find God again.... or at least make her say it 1000 times.

Pasta Little Brioni
06-21-2011, 04:20 PM
I would make Katie find God again.... or at least make her say it 1000 times.

I imagine after you blow your load a minute in, she'll be saying god damn it 1000's of times ;)

rocknrolla
06-21-2011, 04:23 PM
Thread title is deceiving. So the broad got divorced. Tits or GTFO.

Al Bundy
06-21-2011, 04:25 PM
I imagine after you blow your load a minute in, she'll be saying god damn it 1000's of times ;)

LMAO
No way... I would make her wait till the bottom of the 9th for me to blow it... just like the Royals bullpen :doh!:

Pasta Little Brioni
06-21-2011, 04:33 PM
LMAO
No way... I would make her wait till the bottom of the 9th for me to blow it... just like the Royals bullpen :doh!:

ROFL...Mexicutionher

Al Bundy
06-21-2011, 04:40 PM
ROFL...Mexicutionher

Caucasionher. I wonder if she does anal?

bevischief
06-21-2011, 05:46 PM
That explains a lot of things...

burt
06-23-2011, 06:50 AM
She got way too excited during bad weather. Doom and Gloom....interupting good shows. I hated her. BUT if slightly bad weather got her so excited....I imagine she's wild in the sack!

loochy
06-23-2011, 07:45 AM
I hope that Katie Horner doesn't party TOO hard because someone might poop on her face if she does.

dtebbe
06-23-2011, 08:05 AM
http://stopwatches.com/pix/hitittwice.jpg

Bowser
06-23-2011, 10:55 AM

Look at it as a positive - if anybody on here ever runs into her during a night of crazy binge drinking and gets tempted to hit it, they now can factor this into their thinking, and possibly save themselves a future Valtrex prescription.

bevischief
06-23-2011, 10:59 AM
So who is a Facebook friend of hers?

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-23-2011, 11:48 AM
I'd rather tap Faulkner...

Fish
06-23-2011, 11:59 AM
Yeah... it's really bizarre that many here would bump uglies with the Weather Beast. Is it just that she's a psycho local celeb or what?

I have to think that if you didn't know who she was, you wouldn't really give a second look...

4th and Long
06-23-2011, 12:15 PM
Look at it as a positive - if anybody on here ever runs into her during a night of crazy binge drinking and gets tempted to hit it, they now can factor this into their thinking, and possibly save themselves a future Valtrex prescription.
Not to mention the fact that she was never my patient nor do I have access to any of her medical records. This was merely a rumor. :)

Mr. Laz
06-23-2011, 04:21 PM
Yeah... it's really bizarre that many here would bump uglies with the Weather Beast. Is it just that she's a psycho local celeb or what?

I have to think that if you didn't know who she was, you wouldn't really give a second look...
wouldn't you want to just pound that ass so good she screams 'MicroBurst!!!' just one time? :fire:

o:-)

Fish
06-23-2011, 04:36 PM
wouldn't you want to just pound that ass so good she screams 'MicroBurst!!!' just one time? :fire:

o:-)

Maybe with a tire iron...

baitism
06-24-2011, 09:26 AM

Internet male spotted

vailpass
06-24-2011, 09:33 AM

How so? It wasn't him that was privy to her health records. He's just fulfilling the man duty of warning about tainted cooter.

phisherman
06-24-2011, 09:38 AM
How so? It wasn't him that was privy to her health records. He's just fulfilling the man duty of warning about tainted cooter.

Those of us that work in health care take HIPAA compliance very seriously.

gblowfish
06-24-2011, 10:05 AM
The weather chick on channel 9 is preggers, and about to drop any day now...

Fumblerooski
06-24-2011, 11:50 AM

Those of us that do not, also take HIPAA very seriously.. Except for us it stands for,

H erpes
I n
P ants?
A lert
A ll !!

Those that carry incurable diseases should have their records made public.

Pasta Little Brioni
06-24-2011, 11:56 AM
Those of us that do not, also take HIPAA very seriously.. Except for us it stands for,

H erpes
I n
P ants?
A lert
A ll !!

Those that carry incurable diseases should have their records made public.

It's part of the bro code

Bowser
06-24-2011, 12:04 PM

http://wiki.devicerandom.org/images/9/9d/Internet_serious_business_bush.jpg

vailpass
06-24-2011, 12:20 PM
http://wiki.devicerandom.org/images/9/9d/Internet_serious_business_bush.jpg

LMAO Indeed.

Deberg_1990
06-24-2011, 12:27 PM

HIPPA violation?

Just Passin' By
06-24-2011, 12:29 PM

HIPAA doesn't prevent people who aren't bound by the rules from talking about what they know.

raybec 4
06-24-2011, 03:12 PM

How dare you divulge private medical inormation

Brock
06-24-2011, 04:26 PM

Those of us that don't, don't care.

Al Bundy
10-25-2011, 12:50 PM
Looks like they have found Horner's replacement.
KCTV's long search for a chief meteorologist is over. KCTV has hired Chris Suchan from WTSP in Tampa, Florida. Suchan will join the station in time for November sweeps. He replaces Katie Horner, who had been on the way out since public relations blog Bottom Line Communications posted news of KCTV running secret focus groups on both Horner and other meteorologists.

Predarat
10-25-2011, 01:15 PM
What about Kate Bilo?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v336/Predarat5/1115-Kate_Bilo.gif

Easy 6
10-25-2011, 01:30 PM
What about Kate Bilo?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v336/Predarat5/1115-Kate_Bilo.gif

She looks that happy cuz i'm down on the muffin.