PDA

View Full Version : Life Saturday mornings

Over-Head
06-25-2011, 05:30 AM
WTF is up with TV stations anyway

I mean, when I was a kid I would dream of getting up and watching cartoons, (when my fanitical parents didn`t haul me out to go door pounding for the JW`s)

Heck I can still remember shows like `Wheelie and the chopper bunch, The Kroft Super show, Justice League, Yogie bear and the all star laugh Olympics, heck even teh Bay city rollers had a show. (we only had 3 channels)

cant forget thoses school house rock bits either..LOVED them things!!

Pretty sad when I look through 74 channels and
`The Rifelman`on AMC is the best thing on.
http://northfork.tripod.com/photos.html

On a side note, I always knew Michael Landon got his start on westerns, Never knew he did an episode of Rifel Man.

Dayze
06-25-2011, 05:32 AM
WTF is up with TV stations anyway

I mean, when I was a kid I would dream of getting up and watching cartoons, (when my fanitical parents didn`t haul me out to go door pounding for the JW`s)

Heck I can still remember shows like `Wheelie and the chopper bunch, The Kroft Super show, Justice League, Yogie bear and the all star laugh Olympics, heck even teh Bay city rollers had a show. (we only had 3 channels)

Pretty sad when I look through 74 channels and
`The Rifelman`on AMC is the best thing on.
http://northfork.tripod.com/photos.html

On a side note, I always knew Michael Landon got his start on westerns, Never knew he did an episode of Rifel Man.

holy crap, I forgot about that show! lol

rockymtnchief
06-25-2011, 05:39 AM
No love for Grape Ape? :D

I was always awake before the cartoons even started. You got 4 hours of cartoons for the whole week and I wasn't going to miss a single minute.

Dayze
06-25-2011, 05:46 AM
no joke; I was up by 6am every saturday.

loved watching the Tex Avery type cartoons; the Bugs Bunny & Tweety Looney Tunes Hour.....

I still love Tex Avery cartoons....lol. that dude was insane.

Over-Head
06-25-2011, 05:49 AM
holy crap, I forgot about that show! lol

Gotta be honest, I never knew about it, until this morning. Theres been 5 in a row episodes on.
I love that rifel of his.....

Would have put it in that Marshall thread, but couldn`t remember who posted it,(i`m thinking Frankie) or what the thread title was.

Over-Head
06-25-2011, 05:50 AM
Bugs and Tweetie starts in about 45 mins

cabletech94
06-25-2011, 07:03 AM
dude, now we've got the reality AND food network.

JW, huh? you and clay tight then? good for ya!

Over-Head
06-25-2011, 07:16 AM
dude, now we've got the reality AND food network.

JW, huh? you and clay tight then? good for ya! Former, I managed to see it for what it was 20 years ago, became what they call an Apostate 10 years ago when I became a Catholic.
And FTR me and Clay are anything but tight as you put it.

petegz28
06-25-2011, 07:20 AM
<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/UTFD1C4tVIg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

JD10367
06-25-2011, 08:26 AM
Early morning started up here with the kids' painting shows, and low-level stuff like Barbapapa. Then the traditional heavy-hitter network cartoons would come on. Scooby Doo, Super Friends, Bugs Bunny, Laffalympics, etc.,. Even between the cartoons we got cartoons (Time For Timer, Schoolhouse Rock). Rolled right up to almost noon, where I'd have to suffer through a short period of "bowling for dollars" (mom) before I could get the TV back for the Creature Feature. Hell, even on weekdays we got Japanese anime (Star Blazers, Force Five). Ah, childhood...

Gonzo
06-25-2011, 09:21 AM
Yep, now that I have a kid we have to either hop on Netflix to watch quality cartoons or I bought a butt-ton of WB bugs bunny cartoons. He doesn't like them yet, but he will.

He loves the fucking wiggles, unfortunately but spongebob is pretty good. Fyi: You ever notice that the filler music on Spongebob is the same as the Flintstones?
Posted via Mobile Device

Okie_Apparition
06-25-2011, 09:26 AM
The kids are glued to the tv honey...come'on....

big nasty kcnut
06-25-2011, 09:26 AM
what no love for deputy dawg but love the superfriends thou i was insulted by el dorardo gave half mexican like me a bad name.

Over-Head
06-25-2011, 10:39 AM
Yep, now that I have a kid we have to either hop on Netflix to watch quality cartoons or I bought a butt-ton of WB bugs bunny cartoons. He doesn't like them yet, but he will.

He loves the ****ing wiggles, unfortunately but spongebob is pretty good. Fyi: You ever notice that the filler music on Spongebob is the same as the Flintstones?
Posted via Mobile Device

I can somewhat tollerate the Wiggles, and sponge Bob, my 4 yr old loevs em, Its those ****en Doodleboops that are gonna do me in!!

Between Elmo'spotty time DVD,the Veggie Tails,Dora, Dieago,Dinasour Train, Handy Many,Rory the racing car, and 4 Squares my kid can count to 10 in spanish, name creatures I've never even heard of, and wipe his ass all by himself.

I'm all for the education value these shows bring, no doubt.....But them ****en doodleboops! :banghead::banghead: I've noticed since giving up weed a few months back, my hatred for those 3 freaks and a flying bus has really gotten bad.

cabletech94
06-25-2011, 11:07 AM
thank god my 4 y.o. hasn't met the doodleboops. thanks in advance.

KurtCobain
06-25-2011, 11:08 AM
Flinstones at noon no more.

Over-Head
06-25-2011, 11:22 AM
thank god my 4 y.o. hasn't met the doodleboops. thanks in advance. YOU LUCKY PRICK!!!
Their theam song will stick in your head worse than if you worked in "it's a small world" at Disney....

KurtCobain
06-25-2011, 11:24 AM
C'mon bop bop! Let's go be gay!

Predarat
06-25-2011, 01:56 PM
The Real Ghostbuters was good, even the Jackson5 had a decent one early in the morning. Some mornings I was up early enough to see the national anthem and the farm report lol. If I was lucky enough to be somewhere with cable there was the USA Cartoon Express.

go bo
06-25-2011, 02:18 PM
when i was a kid, we used to watch cartoons on the radio...

LiveSteam
06-25-2011, 02:32 PM
I've noticed since giving up weed a few months back, my hatred for those 3 freaks and a flying bus has really gotten bad.

Thats comedy gold right there LMAO