PDA

View Full Version : Life Just accepted a new job... in Austin, TX!

Dante84
07-01-2011, 11:00 AM
Not sure if any of you recall my sporadic posts about pining for a life in Austin over the course of the last three years, but it now has become official.

I start July 12th....so I've got a lot to do between now and then.

Feels good, man.

kepp
07-01-2011, 11:02 AM
Congrats!

Hydrae
07-01-2011, 11:04 AM
Welcome! Remember to stay hydrated at all times, we were at 95 or above every day in June this year. It is going to be a very long, hot, dry summer around here.

petegz28
07-01-2011, 11:05 AM
Grats man!

Dante84
07-01-2011, 11:07 AM
Welcome! Remember to stay hydrated at all times, we were at 95 or above every day in June this year. It is going to be a very long, hot, dry summer around here.

Will do. I try to drink a gallon a day at work, so hopefully that will continue down there.

Pants
07-01-2011, 11:07 AM

Better than the humid 100 we're experiencing right now over here in KC metro. Thank God for Olathe is all I can say.

BTW, grats, Dante. Getting a job in this market is not easy, getting a job where you WANT is a feat. Well done.

Dante84
07-01-2011, 11:14 AM
Better than the humid 100 we're experiencing right now over here in KC metro. Thank God for Olathe is all I can say.

BTW, grats, Dante. Getting a job in this market is not easy, getting a job where you WANT is a feat. Well done.

Thank you very much. I love my job here in town, but its about time.

I've been trying for 3 years to get down there.

Simply Red
07-01-2011, 11:15 AM
You should double-team some slut there, with Kyle, then make a thread about it.

Nice town, though - Grats.

JD10367
07-01-2011, 11:15 AM
Be careful there. Don't mention Apple products or the starship Enterprise.

Param
07-01-2011, 11:16 AM
Bone a UT girl.

Phobia
07-01-2011, 11:19 AM
Will do. I try to drink a gallon a day at work, so hopefully that will continue down there.

Not today, you don't. You're under boil order.

SuperChief
07-01-2011, 11:19 AM
Congrats dude. Party it up this weekend!

Dante84
07-01-2011, 11:22 AM
You should double-team some slut there, with Kyle, then make a thread about it.

Nice town, though - Grats.

Thanks!

A devil's three-way is fine by me, as long as there's no eye contact. Or warts. Or other guys.

wait.... maybe its not fine by me :(

Dayze
07-01-2011, 11:25 AM

ROFL

Dante84
07-01-2011, 11:27 AM

Apple because of Dell, but.... the fictional space stuff is lost on me....?

Bone a UT girl.
I will wear my K-state gear and yell "We own Texas (smack-smack-smacksmacksmack)" the whole time. I may even have her tell me "You own Texas!"

Yeah... yeaahh.....

Not today, you don't. You're under boil order.

I work next to a grocery store, so i fill my jug there. Clean as a whistle!

Deberg_1990
07-01-2011, 11:35 AM
Not sure if any of you recall my sporadic posts about pining for a life in Austin over the course of the last three years, but it now has become official.

Feels good, man.

Congrats dude! Welcome to Texas

SPATCH
07-01-2011, 11:44 AM
Nice bro...

Now explain how you plan on playing your part in "keep[ing] Austin weird"

Pants
07-01-2011, 11:55 AM
Apple because of Dell, but.... the fictional space stuff is lost on me....?

I think he's making references to Kyle but I could be wrong.

MahiMike
07-01-2011, 12:03 PM
congrats! Nicely named town...)

Dante84
07-01-2011, 12:10 PM
Nice bro...

Now explain how you plan on playing your part in "keep[ing] Austin weird"

I will do penis oragami.

With labias.

Dante84
07-01-2011, 12:11 PM
I think he's making references to Kyle but I could be wrong.

Ahh, i figured as such, but i wondered if there was any thing i should know just in case...

jAZ
07-01-2011, 12:13 PM

Hah... it's been 110 for 2 weeks now in Tucson.

RedNFeisty
07-01-2011, 12:14 PM
Congrats!

Predarat
07-01-2011, 12:14 PM
Congrats and best wishes!

Dante84
07-01-2011, 12:17 PM
Congrats!

Congrats and best wishes!

Thanks!!

Hydrae
07-01-2011, 12:41 PM
Hah... it's been 110 for 2 weeks now in Tucson.

The weatherman said we usually average 12 days at 100+. We have already surpassed that by a few days and we still have July, August, and even September to go. After 12 years, I am still not completely used to the heat.

dirk digler
07-01-2011, 12:49 PM
What are you going to be doing? I had a job inquiry from Dell in Austin but it was for 1 year contract only. I was very tempted to take it because I would like to move to Austin myself.

vailpass
07-01-2011, 12:57 PM
Congrats, Austin rocks.
Love those UT girls yes I do.
I keep gettin' older, they stay the saaaaame age.

vailpass
07-01-2011, 12:58 PM
What are you going to be doing? I had a job inquiry from Dell in Austin but it was for 1 year contract only. I was very tempted to take it because I would like to move to Austin myself.

Round Rock?

bevischief
07-01-2011, 12:59 PM

ROFL

Or the Death Star...

bevischief
07-01-2011, 01:01 PM
Congrats!

Deberg_1990
07-01-2011, 01:06 PM
After 12 years, I am still not completely used to the heat.

Im not sure anyone every really does. Sure it gets hot in the midwest and KC area too, but the sun is alot more intense down here. Its not even close.

From October to April its beautiful though....

NewChief
07-01-2011, 02:18 PM
Hipster scum. :p
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_e3szlek22RY/S22SdofV0aI/AAAAAAAAGKk/Mdvha1V0Ae0/s400/woodsman100208_560.jpg

dirk digler
07-01-2011, 02:48 PM
Round Rock?

I thought they said Austin but I see Round Rock is right next to it. I have a job and there was no way I was going to change for a contract position.

AustinChief
07-01-2011, 03:28 PM
congrats! Where in Austin?

|Zach|
07-01-2011, 03:31 PM
Congrats!

go bo
07-01-2011, 04:07 PM
congratulations...

don't vote for rick perry...

Dante84
07-01-2011, 04:57 PM
Thanks everyone!

I will be doing online ad sales (for an established company, thank god), which i have 2 years experience in.

The office is northwest of downtown, so Im going to do the extended stay for a week while I apartment hunt.

AustinChief
07-01-2011, 05:10 PM
Thanks everyone!

I will be doing online ad sales (for an established company, thank god), which i have 2 years experience in.

The office is northwest of downtown, so Im going to do the extended stay for a week while I apartment hunt.

How far northwest? There are a ton of cheap collegey apts. off of Far West.

BWillie
07-01-2011, 05:52 PM

How do you keep your electric bills under, like $500?

Dante84
07-01-2011, 06:21 PM
How far northwest? There are a ton of cheap collegey apts. off of Far West.

work is near mopac and braker??

Im using hotpads.com which is helpful, but i'd like to get it narrowed down to about 4-5 places before heading down so I dont have to stay in the hotel for too long.

I'm 25, so I'd like a rather younger area than a place filled with families of 8+ that share the same bed, ifyaknowwhatimean. Pool, gym are amenities I'd like, along with washer/dryer (which i know is a stretch, on my budget at least). Newer building rather than older would be nice as well.

AustinChief
07-01-2011, 06:48 PM
work is near mopac and braker??

Im using hotpads.com which is helpful, but i'd like to get it narrowed down to about 4-5 places before heading down so I dont have to stay in the hotel for too long.

I'm 25, so I'd like a rather younger area than a place filled with families of 8+ that share the same bed, ifyaknowwhatimean. Pool, gym are amenities I'd like, along with washer/dryer (which i know is a stretch, on my budget at least). Newer building rather than older would be nice as well.

I'm the guy to ask then! I have lived all over town and can let ya know the good spots.

The BEST spots are of course DOWNTOWN... but that gets pricey. You next best bets are areas where the college kids are...

Your work is right next to the Domain... DO NOT live there... that is basically a mini-Dallas, it is the opposite of Austin.

Far West is still my recommendation. It's basically half way between your work and downtown. (It is a $20 cab fare home from downtown)

Dante84
07-01-2011, 07:01 PM
I'm the guy to ask then! I have lived all over town and can let ya know the good spots.

The BEST spots are of course DOWNTOWN... but that gets pricey. You next best bets are areas where the college kids are...

Your work is right next to the Domain... DO NOT live there... that is basically a mini-Dallas, it is the opposite of Austin.

Far West is still my recommendation. It's basically half way between your work and downtown. (It is a $20 cab fare home from downtown)

Very cool. So is that a road? Area of town? I basically want to focus in on an area and find something in that zone.

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-01-2011, 07:12 PM

Feels good, man.

Congratulations!

Oh wait; Texas....:facepalm:

:D

AustinChief
07-01-2011, 07:13 PM
Very cool. So is that a road? Area of town? I basically want to focus in on an area and find something in that zone.

It's a street but also an area.

It just off from MoPac, which is key. If you're working off MoPac and Braker, you'll want to live off MoPac for convenience. I haven't lived in that area in over 15 years... but I imagine it's much the same.

If you find anyplace that is cheap and closer to downtown, you can't go wrong.. but Far West is the easy choice.

Dante84
07-01-2011, 07:29 PM
It's a street but also an area.

It just off from MoPac, which is key. If you're working off MoPac and Braker, you'll want to live off MoPac for convenience. I haven't lived in that area in over 15 years... but I imagine it's much the same.

If you find anyplace that is cheap and closer to downtown, you can't go wrong.. but Far West is the easy choice.

Awesome thank you!

Pasta Little Brioni
07-01-2011, 07:49 PM
You'll be struttin that ass in no time.

Dante84
07-19-2011, 05:30 PM
Well, I strutted my ass this weekend.

Good gravy. The ratio of women to men is.... splendid. Maybe the best I've ever seen.

I'm currently rocking an extended stay up north, but I sign my lease this week on the new spot.....

..... And its in Barton Springs right off the water! I lucked out big time. Found someone who needed a roomie. And SHE is pretty cool. SHE is also Bi. (not hot, but hey, if her friends come over... who knows what they look like?) Plus, I will now get to play the "He's so mature and open minded" card with the new babes I meet.

This is perfect timing, too. My gf, er, ex-gf, who was supposed to be moving down here with me from Seattle, dumped me for her ex three weeks ago, and it's had me pretty bummed, and kinda tarnished the whole "move down here" thing.This is a win that I needed.

Everyone has been really friendly, the sun is shining (almost too much, in fact...), I got out and had fun this past weekend, and ACL will be in my back yard in two months. Food is incredible, and I'm excited for what the future holds.

Hopefully things keep trending this way.

Pants
07-19-2011, 05:32 PM
Good on ya, Dante. Nothing like living in a college town to make you forget a stupid ex.

Deberg_1990
07-19-2011, 05:55 PM
Well, I strutted my ass this weekend.

Good gravy. The ratio of women to men is.... splendid. Maybe the best I've ever seen.

I'm currently rocking an extended stay up north, but I sign my lease this week on the new spot.....

..... And its in Barton Springs right off the water! I lucked out big time. Found someone who needed a roomie. And SHE is pretty cool. SHE is also Bi. (not hot, but hey, if her friends come over... who knows what they look like?) Plus, I will now get to play the "He's so mature and open minded" card with the new babes I meet.

This is perfect timing, too. My gf, er, ex-gf, who was supposed to be moving down here with me from Seattle, dumped me for her ex three weeks ago, and it's had me pretty bummed, and kinda tarnished the whole "move down here" thing.This is a win that I needed.

Everyone has been really friendly, the sun is shining (almost too much, in fact...), I got out and had fun this past weekend, and ACL will be in my back yard in two months. Food is incredible, and I'm excited for what the future holds.

Hopefully things keep trending this way.

Thats great Bro. Really happy for you!

SPATCH
07-19-2011, 06:07 PM
Those are SUPER sweet digs bro... Town Lake is a really cool place. Always plenty young, fit hotties on that jogging trail.

Prime location. Well done, my friend.

AustinChief
07-19-2011, 07:30 PM
Excellent news! I was also in town all weekend (Thursday-Today) and think I found my new place.

What bars have you hit up so far?

AustinChief
07-19-2011, 07:39 PM
Are the apts, Barton Hills Park Place? I stayed there one year and remember really liking it.

You are within a SHORT walk of Umlauf Sculpture Garden umlaufsculpture.org‎ so you can always use that as a post date excuse to get a girl home...

(although I think they close at 4:30 now so it better be an early date or she better be into risk taking)

Dante84
07-19-2011, 07:51 PM
Excellent news! I was also in town all weekend (Thursday-Today) and think I found my new place.

What bars have you hit up so far?

I met an old college buddy and his girl and brother at Hula Hut, then we went over to "Hangar?" then "Speakeasy" then to the dirty sixth, "Shakespeare" and then split up and I went off with a group to a techno bar called "Kingdom" or something until the night ended. The whole thing was pretty fun, and new, and I really like how some of the bars have 3 levels and are rooftop bars.

Are the apts, Barton Hills Park Place? I stayed there one year and remember really liking it.

You are within a SHORT walk of Umlauf Sculpture Garden umlaufsculpture.org‎ so you can always use that as a post date excuse to get a girl home...

(although I think they close at 4:30 now so it better be an early date or she better be into risk taking)

No, its not that place... I'm actually closer to the water. It backs up to Town Lake park. I'll have to keep that Garden in mind when it comes to closing the sale!

Deberg_1990
07-19-2011, 08:00 PM
So 6th street still the party place in Austin? I havent partied there since the mid to late 90's.....(showin my age here) LOL

AustinChief
07-19-2011, 08:34 PM
I met an old college buddy and his girl and brother at Hula Hut, then we went over to "Hangar?" then "Speakeasy" then to the dirty sixth, "Shakespeare" and then split up and I went off with a group to a techno bar called "Kingdom" or something until the night ended. The whole thing was pretty fun, and new, and I really like how some of the bars have 3 levels and are rooftop bars.

HANGAR is cool, Speakeasy was my hangout for YEARS, Shakespeare's is a little too "collegy" for me now but cool and I wouldn't be caught dead in Kingdom! (but then again I'm old and stuff)

Good stuff man, we'll have to grab a pint when I am back in town.

AustinChief
07-19-2011, 08:39 PM
So 6th street still the party place in Austin? I havent partied there since the mid to late 90's.....(showin my age here) LOL

It is, but it has expanded... the part you would know is now referred to as "dirty" sixth where it's mostly just college kids (it's 6th from Brazos to Red River) but now you also have West 6th which is a more mature crowd (slightly), you have the Warehouse district (4th and 5th) and Red River (basically 6th to 9th on Red River) .. oh and the newest area, Eastside which is mostly on 6th st east of I-35