Prep time: 103 seconds

bump:

Native American bow and 6 arrows

No backup knife

Prep time: 71 seconds

Venue:

Classic sandy arena

Starting distance: 23 feet

As always, recall that weapons are handed to the combatants at Time t=0, and that all weapons are loaded up and ready to go, but cannot be pre-aimed.

Ebolapox
07-02-2011, 02:36 PM
btlook1 in a laffer

Gadzooks
07-02-2011, 02:39 PM
Isn't Bump 80 yrs old? How's he gonna pull the bow?
That's just mean...:shake:
The AARP won't like this one bit!

Bugeater
07-02-2011, 02:43 PM
Isn't a flintlock rifle basically a musket? Those things take like a 1/2 hr to reload. btlook better be a good fucking shot, because he probably won't get a second one.

Old Dog
07-02-2011, 02:44 PM
here's another that is hard to judge as I don't know anything about the involved individuals. The flintlock isn't accurate worth a hoot, but at 23 feet should be OK, it also takes a while to reload. "Native American" is also a broad range of bows. I'm assuming one from one of the Plains tribes so in the area of 40-45 pounds of pull. If bump is proficient in the least, I think he takes the victory here.

Rain Man
07-02-2011, 02:48 PM
This is all going to come down to btlook1's first (and likely only) shot. If he makes it, he can run in and club bump to death. However, if he misses, bump basically gets six shots on him before he can reload, so he won't be reloading.

I think it'll be hard to hit bump starting at 23 feet apart, because bump will be running at the starting whistle. But I don't think bump will be able to hit btlook1, either, so this could turn into a fistfight to the death.

I think that if btlook1 misses, he charges in and uses the gun as a club, and therefore has an advantage. Given the distance and speed of the match, I think both sides get one shot and I think both sides will be really lucky if that shot hits.

Advantage btlook1 in the hand to hand, not knowing each guy's physical skills.

Fire Me Boy!
07-02-2011, 02:51 PM
This is all going to come down to btlook1's first (and likely only) shot. If he makes it, he can run in and club bump to death. However, if he misses, bump basically gets six shots on him.

I think it'll be hard to hit bump starting at 23 feet apart, because bump will be running. But I don't think bump will be able to hit btlook1, either, so this could turn into a fistfight to the death.

I think that if btlook1 misses, he charges in and uses the gun as a club, and therefore has an advantage. Given the distance and speed of the match, I think both sides get one shot and I think both sides will be really lucky if that shot hits.

Advantage btlook1 in the hand to hand, not knowing each guy's physical skills.

If I were bump, not having any experience shooting a bow and arrow, I'd use those arrows as jabbing tools. Since neither has a knife, I think that gives bump the edge.

Rain Man
07-02-2011, 02:53 PM
If I were bump, not having any experience shooting a bow and arrow, I'd use those arrows as jabbing tools. Since neither has a knife, I think that gives bump the edge.

Ah. Interesting strategy.

Pants
07-02-2011, 03:07 PM
Flintlocks are so unreliable and inaccurate and take so long to reload, I just have to go with the bow and arrows here.

07-02-2011, 03:11 PM
btlook1 didn't miss

Bump
07-02-2011, 10:18 PM
I would fuck shit up with a bow and arrow, rambo style. The dude and his musket don't stand a chance.

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-03-2011, 12:07 AM
Flintlocks are so unreliable and inaccurate and take so long to reload, I just have to go with the bow and arrows here.

This.

btlook1
07-03-2011, 02:25 AM
While I don't know bump I think I will get him with the first shot...I'm a good shot!! LOL.

patteeu
07-03-2011, 07:21 AM
btlook1 using his flintlock as a club.

Rain Man
07-03-2011, 04:39 PM
In one of our closest battles to date, cowboys beat indians as btlook1 comes home sporting a bumpskin cap.