PDA

View Full Version : Life Mark Ingram Foundation launched to help children with parents in jail

Okie_Apparition
07-04-2011, 11:34 AM
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on July 4, 2011, 1:01 PM EDT(PFT)

Saints rookie running back Mark Ingram is using his time “off” during the lockout to launch a foundation with a cause that is close to his heart. The Heisman winner wants to help kids that have parents in jail.

“The foundation is something that’s real important to me,” Ingram told WWLTV.com last week at its launch. ”It’s something I’m living, something I’m going through, something my sisters and I have experienced off and on throughout our lives.”

Ingram’s father, former Giants receiver Mark Ingram Sr., was sentenced to 92 months in prison on bank-fraud and money-laundering charges. The idea of the foundation will be to provide stability and lessons for kids who lose one or both of their parents to jail.

“There are so many negative statistics that come along with children or youth [who] have a parent or two parents that are incarcerated,” Ingram told Bradley Handwerger. “I just want to let them know that although you have a parent who is gone or he or she is incarcerated, you can still be whatever you want to be, do whatever you want to do. You just have to put your mind to it.”

His first activity was an outing with 100 kids Sunday at the Audobon Zoo in New Orleans. It’s great to see Ingram is wasting no time getting involved with his new community. (Which just so happens to be my favorite city.)

BossChief
07-04-2011, 12:07 PM
I like this guy more and more, I hope he does well in the league.

I saw a lot of Emmitt Smiff in his play.

Its easy to root for people that want to help people out of the goodness of their heart.

Thig Lyfe
07-04-2011, 12:14 PM
People who are in jail are criminals and deserve to drown in a river, especially if they are related to a professional football player. P.S. I'm old and white.

ThaVirus
07-04-2011, 12:14 PM
As a kid that grew up with a parent incarcerated at several different points in my life, I applaud you, Mark Ingram..

Backwards Masking
07-04-2011, 01:55 PM
Serious question :

Suppose this foundation comes to pass, a building goes up, along with a website and promotions - would the funding some strictly from volunteers or would the tax write offs for non profit status be paid for, at least in small part, by state or federal taxpayers?

ModSocks
07-05-2011, 09:50 AM
Serious question :

Suppose this foundation comes to pass, a building goes up, along with a website and promotions - would the funding some strictly from volunteers or would the tax write offs for non profit status be paid for, at least in small part, by state or federal taxpayers?

Are you fucking kidding me? Quit trying to make this about politics dick bag.