PDA

View Full Version : Life TXT'ING SUCKS BALLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

munkey
07-05-2011, 07:37 PM
I'm done with it...

BigMeatballDave
07-05-2011, 07:39 PM
Did you mistakenly sext your mother?

CoMoChief
07-05-2011, 07:41 PM
I'm done with it...

no you're not

Dr. Johnny Fever
07-05-2011, 07:42 PM
I'm done with it...

So I take it you read my text......

|Zach|
07-05-2011, 07:43 PM
I had a few issues today. Not once but twice when I was attempting to tell someone to have a "good day" I put in "hood day".

I am sure there was confusion.

munkey
07-05-2011, 07:44 PM
So I take it you read my text......

Yes...and I replied thinking you meant something else...only to make an ass of myself...sorry

munkey
07-05-2011, 07:45 PM
I had a few issues today. Not once but twice when I was attempting to tell someone to have a "good day" I put in "hood day".

that's the problem...it's the only way the kids and wife communicate now...

Dr. Johnny Fever
07-05-2011, 07:46 PM

A good friend of mine texts me "yo" nearly every morning (she's a girl so it's not gay) and her auto-correct almost always changes it to "up." So now I get up followed by yo. It's good fun.

|Zach|
that's the problem...it's the only way the kids and wife communicate now...

Yea, if thats the only way someone communicates that is annoying but...I still love texting.

Dr. Johnny Fever
Yes...and I replied thinking you meant something else...only to make an ass of myself...sorry

Meh blame it on auto-correct

munkey
07-05-2011, 07:48 PM
you guys are old...i get 25 word txt messages...i'm fucking done with it...

munkey
07-05-2011, 07:49 PM
my replies consists of paragraphs...not icu 2...

KurtCobain
07-05-2011, 07:49 PM
UP YO ASS

munkey
07-05-2011, 07:50 PM
UP YO ASS

UP YO ASS...MF ;)

Gonzo
07-05-2011, 07:52 PM
I cnt b-leve ur dun w/ txtng aftr all tht wev bn thru tgthr.
Posted via Mobile Device

Dr. Johnny Fever
07-05-2011, 07:53 PM
you guys are old...i get 25 word txt messages...i'm ****ing done with it...

I've gotten 14 "page" text messages lol. Fairly regularly from that person. Usually she warns me that a 10-15 page story is coming now heh.

KurtCobain
07-05-2011, 07:55 PM
I like texting because I hate talking to people.

"Was that a toilet flushing in the background?"
"No."
Click.

|Zach|
07-05-2011, 07:56 PM
Yea I don't do those little shortcut words. That is annoying.

Dr. Johnny Fever
07-05-2011, 07:57 PM
I don't use shortcuts either... in fact I even use proper punctuation. People make fun of me for it.

munkey
07-05-2011, 08:04 PM
it's the timing...for example...

I txt: What a shitty day...do you have a hot tub time machine so I can start it all over again?

Response: Why? Is your electricity out too?

WTF?

JD10367
07-05-2011, 08:04 PM
I don't text. And I find it humorous that we started with the telegraph, and evolved to the telephone (an instrument capable of sending our voices), and evolved to the cellular telephone, and now use the cellular telephone to send written messages. Wouldn't it be easier to just call the person and speak to them?

KurtCobain
07-05-2011, 08:07 PM
I don't text. And I find it humorous that we started with the telegraph, and evolved to the telephone (an instrument capable of sending our voices), and evolved to the cellular telephone, and now use the cellular telephone to send written messages. Wouldn't it be easier to just call the person and speak to them?

Most girls I can't call and say, coming over tonight, because then they would hold up a twenty minute conversation. Texting skips that.

|Zach|
07-05-2011, 08:07 PM
Wouldn't it be easier to just call the person and speak to them?

Easier?

No. It wouldn't be.

Crush
07-05-2011, 08:08 PM
If you have swype, there is absolutely no reason to abbreviate words.

Dr. Johnny Fever
07-05-2011, 08:09 PM

No, I don't want to make 30 calls a day for things that aren't really worth a real conversation. Tidbits, quick questions and comments, etc... texting is better for that imo.

Dave Lane
07-05-2011, 08:10 PM
my replies consists of paragraphs...not icu 2...

Shit I get 600 word essays sometimes I hate those like 10 dings on the phone.. Fuck I hate that

munkey
If you have swype, there is absolutely no reason to abbreviate words.

is that like dragon?

JD10367
Easier?

No. It wouldn't be.

Speed dialing: one press, two seconds.

Texting: multiple presses, much longer than two seconds.

Dr. Johnny Fever
07-05-2011, 08:11 PM

Not much longer and you skip the conversation bullshit... just get to the point.

|Zach|
07-05-2011, 08:12 PM

Ringing...waiting...maybe they pick up...maybe they dont...dont want to bother someone who is busy...listening to voicemail message...leaving voicemail message...or actually having conversation with all the little useless things added to normal conversation.

I got a text out and back at the word don't.

Crush
07-05-2011, 08:12 PM

No, because some people either whisper or yell in the fucking phone when I am attempting to converse with them. That is main reason why I prefer texting.

Crush
07-05-2011, 08:14 PM
is that like dragon?

It is the greatest keyboard ever.

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2xA64e3Txe8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

JD10367
07-05-2011, 08:15 PM
No, I don't want to make 30 calls a day for things that aren't really worth a real conversation. Tidbits, quick questions and comments, etc... texting is better for that imo.

To each his own, I guess. If it's not worthy of a real conversation, I don't see how it's worthy of your phone bleeping with a text message. Then again, I'm an old fart (over 40). I see people walking through the mall with their phones out, typing away, not watching where they're going, and I want to run through the mall knocking them out of everyone's hands. The more ways we find to interact, and the quicker they are, the less interacting we seem to actually do.

KurtCobain
07-05-2011, 08:20 PM
I just text to skip a conversation.

However, I used to not before the wife got me a phone with a keyboard. I didn't have the patience to do it. Sometimes I have a hard time with the little keyboard even. If someone sends me multiple texts and I'm having to reply over and over I'll just fucking call them, it's easier.

Dr. Johnny Fever
07-05-2011, 08:32 PM
To each his own, I guess. If it's not worthy of a real conversation, I don't see how it's worthy of your phone bleeping with a text message. Then again, I'm an old fart (over 40). I see people walking through the mall with their phones out, typing away, not watching where they're going, and I want to run through the mall knocking them out of everyone's hands. The more ways we find to interact, and the quicker they are, the less interacting we seem to actually do.

I'm 42 heh. People not watching where they are going is stupid... I don't do that. But I don't really like real human interaction all that much so that's probably where we're different. A person is good... people suck.

Btw... I interact with people for a living lol...... ah but not face to face mostly

JD10367
07-05-2011, 08:33 PM
I'm 42 heh. People not watching where they are going is stupid... I don't do that. But I don't really like real human interaction all that much so that's probably where we're different. A person is good... people suck.

Au contraire. You're going in the wrong direction. I hate people so much I don't even want to text them. :D

Dr. Johnny Fever
07-05-2011, 08:34 PM
Au contraire. You're going in the wrong direction. I hate people so much I don't even want to text them. :D

Story topper.

Groves
07-05-2011, 08:38 PM
You'll avoid be featured here, then. Or maybe you've already been prominently featured?

http://damnyouautocorrect.com/

Deberg_1990
07-05-2011, 08:41 PM
Anybody want my beeper number?

JD10367
07-05-2011, 08:43 PM
Anybody want my beeper number?

Does it just beep, or is it one of those newfangled ones that plays an audio message that someone left?

DaFace
07-05-2011, 09:00 PM
It is the greatest keyboard ever.

I loved Swype over the stock keyboard, but I've grown to like Swiftkey better myself.

SDChiefs
07-05-2011, 09:57 PM
I txt so I don't have to talk to ppl. Unless its long I avoid calling. Hell, even if ppl call me ill ignore it and txt them" what's up"?

BigMeatballDave
07-05-2011, 09:57 PM
Are you going to call someone every time you only have one thing to say to them?

Bugeater
07-05-2011, 09:59 PM
Are you going to call someone every time you only have one thing to say to them?
I do. :shrug:

luv
07-05-2011, 10:01 PM
Yea I don't do those little shortcut words. That is annoying.

The only time I do is when I am texting info to someone, and I'm over a single text by a few characters. I either try to reword, or I take the "yo" off of "you".

luv
07-05-2011, 10:05 PM

I text someone whenever I have a quick question and don't need a reply right away. Especially if I know they might be busy. Or especially if it's instructions or information they need. That way, they have it without having to take the time to write it down (and people are more likely to lose slips of paper than they are their phones). I hate it when someone tries to have a long, drawn out conversation via text. I usually end up calling them.

BigMeatballDave
07-05-2011, 10:10 PM
I don't use shortcuts either... in fact I even use proper punctuation. People make fun of me for it.Same here. I use predictive text.

Im using it right now, actually.

luv
07-05-2011, 10:12 PM
Same here. I use predictive text.

Im using it right now, actually.

There are times I put cant, wont, or dont just because I'm too lazy to press the Fn key...lol. People know what I mean.

BigMeatballDave
07-05-2011, 10:12 PM
I like texting for when I run to the store for someone. I just have them text me what they want.

munkey
07-05-2011, 10:17 PM
i have three girls on a family plan with ONLY 700 minutes and unlimited txting...they have NEVER gone over the minutes...it's ALL txt...ugh

BigMeatballDave
07-05-2011, 10:22 PM
i have three girls on a family plan with ONLY 700 minutes and unlimited txting...they have NEVER gone over the minutes...it's ALL txt...ugh
My son talks to his friends a lot. I have him on Boost. All unlimited. $50/mo.

Valiant
07-05-2011, 10:45 PM
phone with a full keyboard is a godsend..

Bump
07-05-2011, 10:52 PM
whatever, texting is the best invention EVER. I absolutely hate talking on the phone.

luv
07-05-2011, 10:54 PM

They're saving you money on not going over their minutes or having to go to a higher priced plan, and you're bitching?

munkey
07-05-2011, 11:09 PM
They're saving you money on not going over their minutes or having to go to a higher priced plan, and you're bitching?

you don't have kids...txt me when you have experience ;)

RippedmyFlesh
07-05-2011, 11:47 PM
Not much longer and you skip the conversation bullshit... just get to the point.

This.
No how's Betty and the kids...and aunt Emma.....because if you don't say that stuff some people think you're rude.

Ringing...waiting...maybe they pick up...maybe they dont...dont want to bother someone who is busy...listening to voicemail message...leaving voicemail message...or actually having conversation with all the little useless things added to normal conversation.

I got a text out and back at the word don't.

I am to the point where I believe text first is proper protocol and call if I have to.

BigMeatballDave
07-06-2011, 12:30 AM
whatever, texting is the best invention EVER. I absolutely hate talking on the phone.Best ever? Really?

Bump
07-06-2011, 12:34 AM
Best ever? Really?

YUP

BigMeatballDave
07-06-2011, 12:41 AM
YUPWouldn't be in my top 10.

Bump
07-06-2011, 12:46 AM
Wouldn't be in my top 10.

sliced bread is a close 2nd.

BigMeatballDave
07-06-2011, 12:57 AM
sliced bread is a close 2nd.Overrated. I can slice my own bread.

Bump
07-06-2011, 01:01 AM
Overrated. I can slice my own bread.

before texting, you had to call everyone all of the time and a simple "hey meet me at this bar" turned into a half hour conversation. The only person in this world that I dont text is my mom, that's the only person I talk to on the phone. Everyone else, I text and it's great. Yes, it's the best thing eVER.

Buck
07-06-2011, 01:16 AM
I hate texting because a phone conversation is a lot easier and you get your point across and you get the other person's point a lot quicker.

I also don't like talking on the phone. I've been told that on the phone I sound like I don't care about anything I'm talking about, but in person I'm much nicer.

Either way, I'd rather have a face to face conversation when possible.

Lzen
07-06-2011, 07:55 AM
you don't have kids...txt me when you have experience ;)

I do have kids and I also think you're bitching for no reason.

Texting is good for many things. Here are a couple of mine.
- Like others mentioned, a quick note that isn't worth a conversation.
- Also, if you're at a loud event like a concert, a text works much better.

Bob Dole
07-06-2011, 07:59 AM
Synchronous versus Asynchronous...

Bob Dole may not have time or be able to stop everything and talk to you at this moment, but you can communicate whatever is so fucking important and Bob Dole will get back to you when he can.

(And don't bother to leave a voicemail asking Bob Dole to return your call if you can't bother to leave an explanation regarding WHY Bob Dole should return your call.)

Mr. Plow
07-06-2011, 08:04 AM

I hate talking to people on the phone.