07-06-2011, 12:05 PM
Still scared of the Shockers.

Saulbadguy
07-06-2011, 12:07 PM

:ZZZ:

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
07-06-2011, 12:27 PM
So, they're playing 3 Div I and the rest Div I-AA schools.

Sounds about right for pre-season.

Mr. Plow
07-06-2011, 01:31 PM

Yes....the powerhouse WSU Shockers.

ChiTown
07-06-2011, 01:41 PM
So, they're playing 3 Div I and the rest Div I-AA schools.

Sounds about right for pre-season.

Other than the exhibition game vs. FT Hays, they are all D1 MBB teams.

Winters
07-06-2011, 06:43 PM
Wonder if the KSU Cats will have to play in D.C. with George Washington in a return game

kstater
07-06-2011, 06:46 PM
TBA in Hawaii consists of:

Auburn, Clemson, Hawaii, Long Beach State, Southern Illinois, UTEP, Xavier

Bambi
07-06-2011, 07:45 PM
I have to say, Maryland- Eastern Shore is a pretty cool name for a school.

Mr. Arrowhead
07-06-2011, 08:43 PM

Yup funny, they drive all the way down to Wichita, but not play the shockers, that scared if you ask me. O well, i guess it is what it is.

mikeyis4dcats.
07-06-2011, 08:55 PM
Yup funny, they drive all the way down to Wichita, but not play the shockers, that scared if you ask me. O well, i guess it is what it is.

what's the upside to it? We win, we beat WSU. We lose, we lose to WSU. What is the benefit to KSU? The smarter move is to continue taking the easy wins where they lie, and schedule teams who can challenge yet provide a respectable name should they prevail. Same formula every team uses when scheduling the non-con.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
07-06-2011, 10:15 PM
Other than the exhibition game vs. FT Hays, they are all D1 MBB teams.

True, but that's because Basketball doesn't separate the small universities from the larger ones like they do in football.

Big difference in playing George Washington, Howard and Maryland - Eastern Shore than playing Georgetown, Virginia and Maryland - College Park. Heck, the JuCo my daughter is going to this fall has more students than UMES and GW.

But, that's a very typical pre-conference schedule. I suspect most of the Big XII school's will be pretty close to that.

Not like I can talk much. Most of the MIAA schedules their pre-season against Div III/NAIA schools as warm-ups.

(UMES is about 60 miles from my house as the crow flies and almost a three hour drive to get there. Gotta love Maryland highways - either drive way south to cross the Chesapeake Bay at Annapolis or go way north to cross above the bay. No other way across.)

DomerNKC
07-06-2011, 10:33 PM
looks like snyder is setting up their schedule too.

ChiTown
07-07-2011, 07:00 AM
looks like snyder is setting up their schedule too.

:LOL:

I'll fathom a guess that our SOS will end up being top 25.

|Zach|
07-07-2011, 07:04 AM

Eh. Nobody asked you and nobody who isn't a Shocker thinks that.

ChiTown
07-07-2011, 07:24 AM

What that is, is the very definition of being insignificant - that being, Wichita State.

Mr. Plow
07-07-2011, 07:35 AM
What that is, is the very definition of being insignificant - that being, Wichita State.

No no no. KU & KSU are scared to play WSU. LMAO

HemiEd
07-07-2011, 08:19 AM

Actually, this argument has been going on for several decades that I am aware of.

IMO, neither school wants to pay WSU the respect to schedule them, as they fear they can only lose, and have nothing to gain in the recruiting battle.

It took WSU beating KU down in New Orleans, 1981 (Thank you Darnell Valentine and Mike Jones!) for KU to schedule the Shockers, but they waited until the Shockers were on probation, and had lost their stars.

The Shockers have pretty much sucked since the Eddie Fogler disaster, and only now deserve to play with the big boys. It has been a long road back to respectability, and I hate Eddie Fogler.

Roy Williams wanted 2 in Lawrence, for one in Wichita, and WSU wouldn't do it. IMO, if the Shockers continue to improve, the schedule will happen. They need to earn the respect, and they have a hell of a start.

HemiEd
07-07-2011, 03:09 PM
Actually, this argument has been going on for several decades that I am aware of.

IMO, neither school wants to pay WSU the respect to schedule them, as they fear they can only lose, and have nothing to gain in the recruiting battle.

It took WSU beating KU down in New Orleans, 1981 (Thank you Darnell Valentine and Mike Jones!) for KU to schedule the Shockers, but they waited until the Shockers were on probation, and had lost their stars.

The Shockers have pretty much sucked since the Eddie Fogler disaster, and only now deserve to play with the big boys. It has been a long road back to respectability, and I hate Eddie Fogler.

Roy Williams wanted 2 in Lawrence, for one in Wichita, and WSU wouldn't do it. IMO, if the Shockers continue to improve, the schedule will happen. They need to earn the respect, and they have a hell of a start.

So I win? Thread is dead?

ChiTown
07-07-2011, 03:10 PM

No. The thread became about WSU, so people just stopped caring........:p

Saulbadguy
07-07-2011, 03:15 PM

Scoreboard.

HemiEd
07-07-2011, 03:19 PM
No. The thread became about WSU, so people just stopped caring........:p

:LOL: Bazzinnga! Score one for ChiTown!

HemiEd
07-07-2011, 03:22 PM
Scoreboard.

Lets play that game. The last time K-State won a National title at anything was?

foot is tapping, while I wait.

ChiTown
07-07-2011, 03:28 PM
Lets play that game. The last time K-State won a National title at anything was?

foot is tapping, while I wait.

Debate, 2011. I win.

HemiEd
07-07-2011, 03:30 PM
Debate, 2011. I win.

Congratulations! I didn't stipulate sports, so you win. Go Cats!

ChiTown
07-07-2011, 03:31 PM
Congratulations! I missed that in the sports section.

You need to expand your reading horizon's
o:-)
http://www.k-state.edu/media/newsreleases/mar11/debate32411.html

HemiEd
07-07-2011, 03:35 PM
You need to expand your reading horizon's
o:-)
http://www.k-state.edu/media/newsreleases/mar11/debate32411.html

That is pretty cool, and the winners were Kansans.

mikeyis4dcats.
07-07-2011, 03:45 PM
Congratulations! I didn't stipulate sports, so you win. Go Cats!

http://www.kansascity.com/2011/06/10/2942055/k-state-has-two-champions-at-ncaa.html

Titty Meat
07-07-2011, 03:47 PM
http://www.kansascity.com/2011/06/10/2942055/k-state-has-two-champions-at-ncaa.html

ROFL

HemiEd
07-07-2011, 03:58 PM

I am impressed, congratulations again. Do the Cats have a Chess team?

mikeyis4dcats.
07-07-2011, 04:30 PM
I am impressed, congratulations again. Do the Cats have a Chess team?

no, but we do have several programs teaching pilots how to safely navigate an airplane....

WilliamTheIrish
07-07-2011, 05:50 PM
Looks like a great schedule to me. I was hoping the Qatz would play in the tourney in Mexico. Was all set to travel for that one.
Posted via Mobile Device

WilliamTheIrish
07-07-2011, 05:55 PM

It certainly is what it is. WSU plays in an insignificant conference. Nobody acknowledges them within the state and it makes some of their fans throw a tantrum like a 2 year old who is refused the sugary treat at the checkout counter.
Posted via Mobile Device

HemiEd
07-08-2011, 04:48 AM
no, but we do have several programs teaching pilots how to safely navigate an airplane....

That is pretty cold, but to be expected.

After learning what a dynasty the Wildcats have become, it is easier to understand why Nebraska ran off to the big 10ish.

mikeyis4dcats.
07-08-2011, 07:25 AM
That is pretty cold, but to be expected.

After learning what a dynasty the Wildcats have become, it is easier to understand why Nebraska ran off to the big 10ish.

sorry, too soon?

Rooster
07-08-2011, 07:41 AM
It certainly is what it is. WSU plays in an insignificant conference. Nobody acknowledges them within the state and it makes some of their fans throw a tantrum like a 2 year old who is refused the sugary treat at the checkout counter.
Posted via Mobile Device

LMAOLMAO

HemiEd
07-08-2011, 08:06 AM
sorry, too soon?

If you have to ask that, I got nothing for you. It probably happened well before you were born, maybe even before your parents were walking, but 41 years will not wash away that memory for many.

ChiTown
07-08-2011, 08:14 AM
If you have to ask that, I got nothing for you. It probably happened well before you were born, maybe even before your parents were walking, but 41 years will not wash away that memory for many.

My gym teacher in grade school was supposed to be on that flight, but was injured and did not make the trip. Wish I could remember his name.

Los Pollos Hermanos
07-08-2011, 08:18 AM
My dad was going to school at WSU when it happened.

HemiEd
07-08-2011, 08:23 AM
My gym teacher in grade school was supposed to be on that flight, but was injured and did not make the trip. Wish I could remember his name.

Wow, I bet that really left some scars for him, forever. On one hand, he feels really lucky, but had to be close to a lot of people that lost their lives. He probably wouldn't laugh at any jokes about it.

I was across the pond participating in the conflict at the time, but I know it affected a lot of lives in a negative way. It seemed everyone knew somebody that was devastated.

Ok, back to the Wildcat bashing. :D

WilliamTheIrish
07-08-2011, 08:27 AM
LMAOLMAO

You're laughing cuz yur skeered.. /

HemiEd
07-08-2011, 09:01 AM
You're laughing cuz yur skeered.. /

It is hard to believe that someone actually said that, but it is not the first time I have heard it.

To prove my point, that I made earlier, K State has been thrilled to play the Shockers in baseball, because the Cats have had something to gain, and they have.
The Shockers have been very relevant in that sport, winning a National championship when Stephenson was younger, and hungrier.

I know this doesn't compare to debate, or a couple of individual track honors, but:

Baseball:K-STATE vs WICHITA STATE
Overall: WSU leads 47-29

The WSU baseball team won the national championship in 1989 and was runner-up in 1982, 1991 and 1993. They play at Eck Stadium.

The men's basketball team reached the Final Four in 1965, the Elite Eight in 1981 and the Sweet Sixteen in 2006. The men's basketball team won the 2011 National Invitation Tournament Championship, beating the Alabama Crimson Tide. The men’s and women’s bowling teams have won numerous USBC Intercollegiate Team Championships , including the men’s 2003, 2008, 2009 and 2010 title and the women's 2005, 2007 and 2009 title.

They are not relevant. ROFL

The Cats had their chance to do something, maybe even win a championship in Football and blew it, they choked. We all hated it. But it is true. I still have the Purple T Shirt from the showdown with Texas A&M, ooops.

mikeyis4dcats.
07-08-2011, 09:03 AM
WSU is the winningest NCAA baseball program of the last 31 years. You've parlayed that into 1 championship? Congrats, I guess.