PDA

View Full Version : Misc More Police Dumbassery: Man Arrested for Filming Police From His Own Yard.

CoMoChief
07-07-2011, 08:54 PM
http://www.infowars.com/man-arrested-for-filming-police-from-own-yard/

Man Arrested for Filming Police from His Own Yard :shake:

Citizens' tax dollars hard at work ladies and gents. Of course the first idiot response will be something like "He shouldn't have said anything to the cop". Well, the cop was doing something he shouldn't have been doing and was being called out on it.

A Jonesboro, Arkansas man was arrested after filming police conduct a warrantless search of a woman’s vehicle and body who was his neighbor. Across the United States, police are adopting tactics not even seen in the worst Third World nations. Infowars.com has reviewed literally hundreds of videos which document the fact that police at routine traffic stops handcuff drivers with no probable cause and then search their cars and persons.

In a video making a stir on You Tube, an Arkansas man looks on in horror as officers handcuff an innocuous looking woman, and then conduct a TSA-style search of her breasts and other body parts before releasing her. The cameraman filming police across the street from his garage yells “Nazis,” continuing to warn the officers that they were violating the 4th Amendment.

Three police officers then march across the street, up the driveway and into the man’s garage to demand that he show his papers. They then begin to discuss what they’re going to charge him with: “disorderly conduct.” No, let’s charge him with “obstruction of justice.” The officers then decide to go with “racial slur.” They then grab the camera away from the man and clap on the cuffs. The camera is then turned off.

Here are just a few of the glaring issues that need to be addressed:

1. Why are police now routinely putting people in handcuffs, then conducting warrantless searches of their cars and bodies?

2. Even if calling police “Nazis” from your own yard offends some people, it is still protected speech under the First Amendment. Also, officers can’t just arrest you because their egos are bruised.

3. Europe and Canada have passed anti-free speech laws dubbed “hate speech” laws, but in the United States, ‘racial slurs’ are not illegal. On top of that, calling someone a “Nazi” is not a racial slur, it is a criticism of the fascistic policies of Adolf Hitler and his followers, and is a pejorative used in modern parlance for people engaged in tyrannical activity.

4. In the video posted above, we witness the police grasping at straws, looking for a reason to arrest the man; they even talk about his grass being too long, and that he’d better look out for the code enforcement bureaucracy.

Upon completion of this article, we learned that this incident took place 11 months ago and is just now garnering attention on the web. Below is the statement of the cameraman arrested in his own garage. First police clearly state on the video that they’re arresting him for a “racial slur,” but he was later booked on the charge of ‘felon in possession of a firearm,’ even though he was not a felon. The charge was dropped the next day.

****Excerpt from the man who was arrested****

On Tuesday, August 17th 2010 at around 7:45pm I returned home to find one cop interrogating a woman who was apparently pulled over across from my driveway.

I got out my video camera to record the incident happening across the street from within my garage. I was leaning on the back of my car (in garage) to steady the picture and recorded for several minutes. Two more patrol cars, now totaling three, had arrived.

The lady was standing outside her car, looking quite distressed at the situation. Cops then begin to search her vehicle and then let her go. One of the officers asked if I was “enjoying myself” from the road. I told him “you are a Nazi”. He cupped an ear like he couldn’t hear me, so I said it louder, “you’re a Nazi”.

One officer then pointed at me and said, “Arrest him for interfering”. Even though their traffic stop was complete and the lady driver was back in her vehicle preparing to leave. The cops were also preparing to leave when I spoke this.

Then he and his cohorts came up my driveway and into my garage. I told them all to leave and that they were not welcome. I repeated it several ways such as, “you are trespassing”, “leave my property”, etc…

One of three officers asked for my ID and I stated that I was on my property and had committed no crime. He quickly became aggressive and intimidating… belligerently pointing “I am a cop. Here is my badge. Show me your ID, NOW!”

I asked what he would do if I refused and he said I would be arrested. I then produced my ID and continued to request they leave my property, assuring them I had no warrants and clean history.

The second officer went to his vehicle and upon his return barked that he would arrest me with “hate crime” or “racial slur” for calling him a Nazi. I pointed out that Nazi was a political party, not a race.

After calling in my credentials, Ptl. Ben Runnels told me to put my hands behind my back. I asked, “Am I being detained?”. Ben replied, “Put your hands behind you back.” I asked if I was being arrested and if so what charge. He said, “Yes, disorderly conduct”

I put my hands behind my back and turned around. Ben took the camera haphazardly and bound my hands.

After marching me down the driveway next to their vehicles, all three began sifting through my pockets and locking the cuffs. The camera was turned off sometime around here.

I asked them to let me close the garage and they said, “no, we’ll close it when we’re done here”.

The lady who was originally pulled over had then turned around back towards Airport Rd. (was facing away) and stopped next to the shake down taking place near where she was originally pulled over. She rolled her window down calmly said, “thank you” several times. After she departed, the cops laughed and said she was thanking the “tree” behind us.

They collected the possessions on my person and put me in their paddy wagon.

Next all three officers went back into my garage, rummaged through my car and found my dog Ike in the back seat. Ike happily jumped out and pee’d on the grass while the enforcers pointed tasers at him. Then one of the cops discovered the leash from the back seat of my car and put it around his neck, then lead him inside without entering himself.

Next, while I was watching from caged patrol card, they rummaged in the front seat and found one of my many legal firearms. This was all done with the excuse of trying to find the garage door button or opener. The button to the garage door was on the wall, directly behind him but they decided to violate my 4th amendment after kidnapping me for exercising my 1st.

I was informed after they found the garage door opener and closing the door that I would now be charged with “felon in possession of a firearm”. I said, “who’s a felon?” and they shut the door and took me to jail.

Since I was charged with a felony, court appearance would be required to issue a bond. This meant I needed to stay in the felony side of jail with rapists, pedophiles, and others until the next court date. The man I was locked in a small cell came onto me several times and was completely insane.

The next afternoon was court. Upon arriving I was informed the felony gun charge would not be pursued, but the misdemeanor of Disorderly Conduct would stick. They are keeping my camera which contains the evidence of their violations of my rights by suggesting it evidence of my “disorder” charge.

Luckily I was booked on Tuesday, since court is only on Wednesday. Had it been Thursday, I would be locked into the cell for an entire week… all for a bogus charge that was dropped.

Immediately after being released on misdemeanor bond and having spend nearly 24 hours in felony jail, the firearm was returned to my possession.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LOYDjGgGtBM?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LOYDjGgGtBM?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

BigMeatballDave
07-07-2011, 09:15 PM
LMAO Well, he should not have called them Nazis. Hate crime :LOL: Those cops are none too bright.

Spicy McHaggis
07-07-2011, 09:16 PM
Apparently the Arkansas police fitness test is none too strenuous.

Fish
07-07-2011, 09:20 PM
That dude needed tazed for being a conspiracy theory idiot. "Illuminati scum"? Seriously?

Those cops were dicks. The dude was a dick. Excess of dick.

ChiTown
07-07-2011, 09:22 PM
That dude making the video should have been shot for being a retard. JFC, what a douche.

BigMeatballDave
07-07-2011, 09:22 PM
Misleading thread title.

He was arrested for being an attention whore.

Bowser
07-07-2011, 09:24 PM
That dude needed tazed for being a conspiracy theory idiot. "Illuminati scum"? Seriously?

What's the plural for dick? Dickii? Flock o' Ween?

stevieray
07-07-2011, 09:27 PM
Richards Galore?

cabletech94
07-07-2011, 09:29 PM
"audiophiles".

Predarat
07-07-2011, 09:29 PM
How many times did they have to feel that gals boobies, thats fucking sexual assault.

Pitt Gorilla
07-07-2011, 09:31 PM
It's Arkansas.

Fish
07-07-2011, 09:33 PM

Dicks?

I mean, I laughed at Dickii... but seriously.... "Dicks".

listopencil
07-07-2011, 11:55 PM
Dicks?

I mean, I laughed at Dickii... but seriously.... "Dicks".

No, "flock o' ween" is better. Flock o' ween is now the plural form of "dick".

Dave Lane
07-07-2011, 11:59 PM
That dude making the video should have been shot for being a retard. JFC, what a douche.

Seconded.

Dave Lane
07-08-2011, 12:00 AM
And all other retards that go to info wars, prison planet and other crazy dumbass sites.

ReynardMuldrake
07-08-2011, 12:01 AM
Those cops don't know the law... but that guy is seriously a douchebag. Makes it hard to sympathize.

Verdict: Douchebags, all around.

Sofa King
07-08-2011, 07:23 AM
It's fucking Arkansas people.

Down there they call shit like this a slow Tuesday.

MOhillbilly
07-08-2011, 07:24 AM
It's Arkansas.

Beat the fuck outta Kansas.

AndChiefs
07-08-2011, 07:33 AM
Yeah that article wasn't misleading at all.

BigCatDaddy
07-08-2011, 07:36 AM
I bet that guy also yells at kids to get of his lawn.

Iowanian
07-08-2011, 07:44 AM
When he called them illuminati, they should have taken out their clubs and beaten him to Jesus.

MOhillbilly
07-08-2011, 08:03 AM
When he called them illuminati, they should have taken out their clubs and beaten him to Jesus.

i like this.

Iowanian
07-08-2011, 08:05 AM
Also,
Are we going to be taking up a collection for bail? T-dub is nuts but he doesn't deserve to rot in a jail cell with felons.

Saul Good
07-08-2011, 08:15 AM
The guy may have been a dumbass, but the police don't need to trump up charges against a guy who did nothing that even bordered on being illegal.

LOCOChief
07-08-2011, 08:27 AM
The guy may have been a dumbass, but the police don't need to trump up charges against a guy who did nothing that even bordered on being illegal.

This!

ChiTown
07-08-2011, 08:38 AM
Also,
Are we going to be taking up a collection for bail? T-dub is nuts but he doesn't deserve to rot in a jail cell with felons.

:LOL:

Bane
07-08-2011, 09:08 AM
Stay classy pigs.
Posted via Mobile Device

keg in kc
07-08-2011, 09:12 AM
Infowars. Really? Really? Really?

Rausch
07-08-2011, 09:21 AM

He was an idiot.

He fucked up when he started yelling random $3it at an arresting officer.

FTR - TAPE, keep your mouth shut and your lens focused. Say nothing. Do not antagonize.

They'll get off because of the “obstruction of justice" charge. If you attempt to prevent an arrest or police investigation you're hosed.

These were clearly the cum-clumps of the crop but they'll skate because of when/what the homeowner said...

Rausch
07-08-2011, 09:27 AM
Infowars. Really? Really? Really?

Alex Jones is a true conspiracy nutcase.

90% of what he says is either due to being a paranoid nutjob or connecting dots that only quantum physics could validate as possible.

The only reason the guy is even marginally useful is he's a badger about FOIA documents and is neurotic about getting every minute detail about everything from a press conference to baby-kissing rallies.

He's not reputable, but every now and again he stumbles on some truth by accident...

Chief Pote
07-08-2011, 09:55 AM
What an idiot, he deserved the handcuffs, he wanted trouble and found it. Get a job, pay your bills, mow your grass, take your kids to soccer practice, take your wife out to dinner, wash and wax your car and you don't have time for shit like this. Hope they let him sit in jail until Monday morning.

ModSocks
07-08-2011, 09:58 AM
Meh. Cops can be dicks fo sho, but....

We got a speeding ticket in one of the cars we built. We were making a little video. I recorded the entire incident. Thought it'd be kinda cool having a video of a $200K+ car being pulled over. You don't see that everyday. We laughed, shook hands, talked cars. All was good.

CHP officer was a bit nervous at first but he didn't give me shit and pretty much went by the book.

Pitt Gorilla
07-08-2011, 10:05 AM
Beat the **** outta Kansas.True.

Saul Good
07-08-2011, 10:53 AM
What an idiot, he deserved the handcuffs, he wanted trouble and found it. Get a job, pay your bills, mow your grass, take your kids to soccer practice, take your wife out to dinner, wash and wax your car and you don't have time for shit like this. Hope they let him sit in jail until Monday morning.

I totally agree. Its more important to have a waxy car than it is to stand up for yourself and others.

Chief Pote
07-08-2011, 11:40 AM
I totally agree. Its more important to have a waxy car than it is to stand up for yourself and others.

I suppose you would have behaved the same way? So you just "picked on" the waxy car thing huh? What about washing it too? Oh and it wasn't standing up for yourself, it's called he should have minded his own business.

Saul Good
07-08-2011, 11:51 AM
I suppose you would have behaved the same way? So you just "picked on" the waxy car thing huh? What about washing it too? Oh and it wasn't standing up for yourself, it's called he should have minded his own business.

He didn't say a word until they asked a question. Nothing he did was illegal.

That said, I don't give a shit about the legal behavior of this citizen. I care about the abuses of power by the officers. Nothing in the First Amendment allows us to speak freely as long as we mind our own business.

Huffman83
07-08-2011, 11:57 AM
I've seen a couple of those pop up recently. I'm not entirely sure what I think of them. I think if one is seeing a problem w/ how an officer is handling themselves, there are better ways of going about it than calling someone a "Nazi." and then getting the cop to come over and give you shit. The guy should have just kept his mouth shut, kept recording and taken the issue to his higher ups. Maybe the city has a citizens review board (which should be getting more common.) and taken the issue from there.

Param
07-08-2011, 12:05 PM
Probably what gets me in these situations is always the random charges. It's a dog pile of charge after charge.

Brock
07-08-2011, 12:07 PM
I've seen a couple of those pop up recently. I'm not entirely sure what I think of them. I think if one is seeing a problem w/ how an officer is handling themselves, there are better ways of going about it than calling someone a "Nazi." and then getting the cop to come over and give you shit. The guy should have just kept his mouth shut, kept recording and taken the issue to his higher ups. Maybe the city has a citizens review board (which should be getting more common.) and taken the issue from there.

Maybe the cops should have just minded their own damn business.

Brock
07-08-2011, 12:08 PM

Good boy, Citizen. Now roll over and fetch and maybe they'll rub your tum tum.

Huffman83
07-08-2011, 12:15 PM
Maybe the cops should have just minded their own damn business.

They were doing their business. And that guy was getting involved in theirs. He has a right to, but he could have gone about it better if he had an issue.

I don't see how him getting arrested means he's a genius.

Brock
07-08-2011, 12:35 PM
They were doing their business. And that guy was getting involved in theirs. He has a right to, but he could have gone about it better if he had an issue.

They were doing their business until they decided to get into his. He was breaking no law, and they had zero reason to speak to him in any fashion. It amazes me you need this explained to you.

Saul Good
07-08-2011, 12:42 PM
He should have done a better job of not breaking any laws. In fact, he should have called the woman a slut and a harlet and thrown stones at her after she was repeatedly groped by the officers.

Of course, she must not have been doing anything too terribly illegal seeing as they let her drive off, but I digress.

Huffman83
07-08-2011, 12:43 PM
I'm sorry it's just naive to think that just because a guy has a badge, it would prevent him from knowing better than to go up to a guy who was talking shit to him.

While the cop should know better, you've obviously never dealt cops.

Saul Good
07-08-2011, 01:00 PM
I'm sorry it's just naive to think that just because a guy has a badge, it would prevent him from knowing better than to go up to a guy who was talking shit to him.

While the cop should know better, you've obviously never dealt cops.

I'm pretty sure than the average citizen knows better than to engage someone verbally and then walk into his garage and go through his car just because the guy responded with a non-threatening insult.

Huffman83
07-08-2011, 01:04 PM
You'd hope so. But at this point that guy was lucky he didn't get a full cavity search.

Garcia Bronco
07-08-2011, 01:15 PM
That guys in his driveway might be a douche...but being a douche isn't illegal. What those police did was illegal

Garcia Bronco
07-08-2011, 01:16 PM

And that's exactly what happened when the Germans start EXTERMINATING the Jews.

Just Passin' By
07-08-2011, 01:59 PM
You'd hope so. But at this point that guy was lucky he didn't get a full cavity search.

Yes, it's always just a matter of good fortune when law abiding citizens are not subject to invasive and illegal body searches. Instead of calling attention to possible police malfeasance, we should all drop to our knees everytime we see it, burn a candle to the great gods of government, and beg to be allowed on our merry way.

Saul Good
07-08-2011, 02:00 PM

And the officer is lucky he didn't get a new cranial cavity.

Hammock Parties
07-08-2011, 02:10 PM
Why do those cops still have jobs?

Ludicrous.

RNR
07-08-2011, 03:40 PM
The police are and should be held to a higher standard. That said that lippy prick could use a good smack or 10~

Lonewolf Ed
07-08-2011, 03:57 PM
Apparently the Arkansas police fitness test is none too strenuous.

They're in better shape than most Olathe cops.

CoMoChief
07-08-2011, 04:23 PM

The cops were breaking the law.......PERIOD, so he decided to film it because he was standing up for the innocent woman who was getting almost strip searched for nothing.

He was on his own property
He has EVERY right to film them performing illegal activity
He has a right to free speech (btw - calling someone a Nazi is NOT a hate crime or racial slur)

He wasn't doing anything illegal. Is it smart to mouth off to a cop? No, but the guy wouldn't have if the police themselves were obeying the law, which they clearly were not. Most people like some on this board will just bow down and not say anything and let cops do whatever they damn well please. Just remember, they work for the citizens that pay their salaries, they are sworn in to uphold the United States Constitution. When cops break the law, they are doing it on the civilian's dime, and the civilian is the one who generally pays the price not once, but twice.

So keep on saying this guy should have kept his mouth shut. Just wait til the govt runs out of money to pay these dumbasses w/ badges and we'll truly get to see which side they're really on.

BigChiefFan
07-08-2011, 04:27 PM
The guy that filmed that video is 100% right. We either follow the law for all, or it's the wild, wild West all over again.

Bugeater
07-08-2011, 04:56 PM
I'm still waiting for the thread titled "Policeman pulls person from burning car" or "Policeman jumps into river to save a drowning child".

Oh wait, we ignore all that shit and just focus on the ones that fuck up.

Chief Pote
07-08-2011, 07:09 PM
Good boy, Citizen. Now roll over and fetch and maybe they'll rub your tum tum.

So you think that yelling "slurs" to the cops wouldn't get their attention? Why not just yell fuck you cops in front 5 year old children? Come on Brock I know you're smarter than this.

Huffman83
07-08-2011, 07:20 PM
The cops were breaking the law.......PERIOD, so he decided to film it because he was standing up for the innocent woman who was getting almost strip searched for nothing.

He was on his own property
He has EVERY right to film them performing illegal activity
He has a right to free speech (btw - calling someone a Nazi is NOT a hate crime or racial slur)

He wasn't doing anything illegal. Is it smart to mouth off to a cop? No, but the guy wouldn't have if the police themselves were obeying the law, which they clearly were not. Most people like some on this board will just bow down and not say anything and let cops do whatever they damn well please. Just remember, they work for the citizens that pay their salaries, they are sworn in to uphold the United States Constitution. When cops break the law, they are doing it on the civilian's dime, and the civilian is the one who generally pays the price not once, but twice.

So keep on saying this guy should have kept his mouth shut. Just wait til the govt runs out of money to pay these dumbasses w/ badges and we'll truly get to see which side they're really on.

I know he had his right to video tape it. I never said he didn't. And if he had a problem w/ what the cops were doing he should have kept his mouth shut to the cop and gone through the proper channels to complain about the officers conduct. Mouthing off to a cop is not going to get the officers immediate supervisor on your side.

That cop could have given a shit about him video taping the entire incident until he started mouthing off to him.

What also sucks is, the cops in the video are probably on paid administrative leave.

CoMoChief
07-08-2011, 07:24 PM
I'm still waiting for the thread titled "Policeman pulls person from burning car" or "Policeman jumps into river to save a drowning child".

Oh wait, we ignore all that shit and just focus on the ones that **** up.

police officers are paid by our tax dollars to perform duties such as that.......if they don't like it they don't have to be cops. Cops are also sworn in to protect the constitution of the US. Of course it's going to get media's attention when cops break the law...they're the ones that are supposed to be enforcing it.

GloryDayz
07-08-2011, 07:28 PM
Did they shoot him? No?? (Too bad!!) Move on!!

KcMizzou
07-08-2011, 08:05 PM
Infowars. Really? Really? Really?A coworker of mine was telling me about this crackpot he had on the phone the other day. Guy was ranting and raving about various conspiracy theories for over 30 minutes. He just let him go on, "mhmm, yep, I hear ya" etc.

A few days later he got mail at work from the dude. Pages photo coppied from the Bible with tons and tons of little hand written notes. There was also a letter written on an old school typewriter with the ribbon going out. It was greyish print for a while... then just the imprint of the keys on the paper... but we could still read it.

We laughed about how creepy it was. I told him, "Holy shit dude, this is the work of a serial killer. You've made a scary new friend."

He recommended a website... infowars.com

Easy 6
07-08-2011, 09:20 PM
If he hadnt started yelling like some Jerry Springer guest, nothing would've happened, they seemed ok with it to begin.

Doesnt make the cops right for getting irritated & over reacting, not to mention the gratuitous & unneeded boob grope on the woman, but this guys a ringer... lose/lose.