PDA

View Full Version : Football Sorry about that lockout guys, I gotta go on vacation

Hammock Parties
07-10-2011, 01:09 AM
MotherFUCKER.

PFT has reported a number of different things in the lsat day that suggests that the lockout will continue at least for another 10 days or so, which would ecplise the purported July 15th deadline to save the first preseason game:

1. The mediator, Judge Boylan, is going on vacation but has indicated he will meet with parties on July 19th. That suggests he expects the stalemate to last at least until that time.

2. According to the reports, very little progress was made on Thursday and Friday, there will be no face to face meetings over the weekend and the Monday meetings will be attended only by attorneys and not the principals.

3. There is a present stalemate on the rookie wage scale issue, regarding the number of years a first round pick would be tied to the initial contract.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/

KCrockaholic
07-10-2011, 01:10 AM
Yeah. Judge is a Piece of shit. I saw this a few days ago. Unreal...

Phobia
07-10-2011, 01:24 AM
The judge probably has had the vacation scheduled for months and both parties were notified in plenty of time. Why should he reschedule his vacation at a personal loss simply because the other two parties can't get it together? What's to say that they would get it done even if he stayed. I don't blame him one bit. Even though we're fans, sometimes we have to let common sense and objectivity rise to the surface.

|Zach|
07-10-2011, 01:25 AM
I wonder where he is headed

KCrockaholic
07-10-2011, 01:28 AM
The judge probably has had the vacation scheduled for months and both parties were notified in plenty of time. Why should he reschedule his vacation at a personal loss simply because the other two parties can't get it together? What's to say that they would get it done even if he stayed. I don't blame him one bit. Even though we're fans, sometimes we have to let common sense and objectivity rise to the surface.

I agree with you for the most part. But as the selfish fans that we are, the millions of us want this off-season/season to begin. It's hard to think that because 1 person wants to take a vacation, part of the pre-season could be lost. But like I said, that's the way the selfish fan is. And because I LOVE this sport more than anything in the world. I live for this sport. I'll let it bother me a bit.

BigRock
07-10-2011, 01:36 AM
Yeah. Judge is a Piece of shit. I saw this a few days ago. Unreal...

They don't need that guy there to meet up and negotiate. If he still has to hold all their hands and wipe their asses at this late date, it's nowhere close to getting done anyway.

KCrockaholic
07-10-2011, 01:38 AM
They don't need that guy there to meet up and negotiate. If he still has to hold all their hands and wipe their asses at this late date, it's nowhere close to getting done anyway.

They don't need him. But these guys can't seem to work anything out unless there is someone there to baby sit. I don't care how it gets done, as long as it does before training camp.

ChiefGator
07-10-2011, 04:44 AM
Puhleez... this judge has already dropped almost everything else from his docket for months now. If this was a sport I didn't care about, I would be pretty pissed about that.

I wonder if he told them, "If you can't figure it out during my vacation, I'll come back and determine the rules for you."

chiefqueen
07-10-2011, 05:49 AM
Accord to ESPN the owners meet (physically) on 7/21, where they would approve the CBA, they cannot do this via conference call.

07-10-2011, 08:06 AM
Oh well. Wonder how much this will shorten training camp and pre-season. Can't wait to see how out of shape players will be.

Okie_Apparition
07-10-2011, 08:07 AM
Sounds like the making of a great "need to get away?" commercial. I'm sure Jerry Jones would have no problem playing himself

Mr. Laz
07-10-2011, 08:30 AM
It isn't the judges problem the two sides a petty bitches.

wazu
07-10-2011, 08:39 AM

If this is his attitude he shouldn't be mediator for something with so much riding on it. He gets paid way too much, and it's not like the Lockout will last forever.

Deberg_1990
07-10-2011, 09:18 AM
Shorter preseason. Hooray!

Demonpenz
07-10-2011, 09:24 AM
NOOOOO ST. JOE NEEDS TRAINING CAMP. I HAVE MOUTHS TO FEED

ShowtimeSBMVP
07-10-2011, 09:33 AM
repost

ShowtimeSBMVP
07-10-2011, 09:36 AM
Judge Boylan means nothing at this point they could have a deal by monday.Thats what some reporters are saying.

Predarat
07-10-2011, 10:02 AM
Shouldn't they have a backup judge or something?

ShowtimeSBMVP
07-10-2011, 10:19 AM
Plus the only thing holding the deal up is rookie pay scale.That what espn is reporting owners want 1st round picks 5 year deal every other pick 4 and players want all players 4 year deals.

DaFace
07-10-2011, 10:29 AM
You mean...taking this whole mess to the courts can cause delays? You don't say? It seems pretty silly to blame the judge for any of this whatsoever.

Agree 100%.

DaFace
07-10-2011, 10:30 AM
If this is his attitude he shouldn't be mediator for something with so much riding on it. He gets paid way too much, and it's not like the Lockout will last forever.

That's a pretty silly statement given the relative salaries of the judge and every other person in the room.

Bugeater
07-10-2011, 10:37 AM
It isn't the judges problem the two sides a petty bitches.
No shit, these fucksticks have had four goddamn months to figure this shit out.

Enjoy your vacation Your Honor.