PDA

View Full Version : Other Games Gladiator Round 2, Match 10: sofa king vs. kyle delexus

Rain Man
07-11-2011, 11:08 AM
I'd pay to see this one. I have a feeling that a kill could take a while.

sofa king:

Pilgrim-style blunderbuss with supplies for three shots

No backup weapon

Special Factor: You're wearing a full suit of armor

Time to plan: 74 seconds

kyle delexus:

Spear (6 foot)

No backup weapon

Time to plan: 119 seconds

Venue:

Classic large yard with occasional trees

Starting distance: 5 feet

SuperChief
07-11-2011, 11:11 AM
The armor makes this really interesting.

EDIT: Is it mithril or plate?

Old Dog
07-11-2011, 11:15 AM
Even if the couch dweller fails to kill with his first shot he would still do some damage. Then he turn the gun around, makes it a club and does in kyle.....the end.

Rain Man
07-11-2011, 11:16 AM

This is your classic Renaissance armor. He can choose French, Italian, German, or English from an aesthetic standpoint.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/92/WLA_cma_Suit_of_armor_c_1530_steel_.jpg

Pants
07-11-2011, 11:16 AM
Since the blunderbuss is loaded at the start, sofa king has this IMO.

Steron
07-11-2011, 11:24 AM
kyle delexus. No way that blunderbuss can be aimed and fired accurately while wearing a suit of armor. Not to mention it'd be impossible to load. Kyle dodges the first shot, runs up, knocks Sofa King down, opens the face cover, and sticks the spear in his eye socket.

Pants
07-11-2011, 11:28 AM
kyle delexus. No way that blunderbuss can be aimed and fired accurately while wearing a suit of armor. Not to mention it'd be impossible to load. Kyle dodges the first shot, runs up, knocks Sofa King down, opens the face cover, and sticks the spear in his eye socket.

Kind of hard to miss with anything from 5 feet away.

Kyle DeLexus
07-11-2011, 11:28 AM
Basically the only chance I have is to run laterally at the start in hopes of minimizing the damage from his first and likely only shot. From there I would have to use my not so blazing speed to my advantage since he is weighed down by heavy armor.

If the first shot doesn't do much damage, I'd still say I could win due to sofa kings limited mobility.

Kyle DeLexus
07-11-2011, 11:29 AM
Kind of hard to miss with anything from 5 feet away.He is handed the weapon at go he would still have to point in the right direction wearing a full suit of armor. That could give me enough time to get out of harms way.

Rain Man
07-11-2011, 11:55 AM
This one is tougher than it appears. If sofa king doesn't make that first shot, I could see kyle climbing aboard him and lifting his visor and stabbing him through it. Suits of armor don't just slow you down, they make it hard to move at all. I'm going with sofa king to make that first shot from close range, but I think kyle has about a 35 percent chance of winning.

Sofa King
07-11-2011, 12:28 PM
Blunderbuss's do huge damage at very close range. Coupled with a suit of armor, and this match is perfectly suited to me.

No way i could lose this.

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-11-2011, 03:36 PM
Sofa gets the WIN.

bevischief
07-11-2011, 05:13 PM

:D

Hammock Parties
07-11-2011, 06:08 PM
It's really hard to miss with a blunderbuss at 5 feet.

http://www.ziplink.net/users/edkreutz/1e_1.jpg

Kyle DeLexus
07-11-2011, 09:33 PM
It's really hard to miss with a blunderbuss at 5 feet.

http://www.ziplink.net/users/edkreutz/1e_1.jpg

Except that he's shooting with a full suit of armor on and he's still got to point and shoot.

I'm fairly confident Sofa King has never moved around in a full suit of armor, without it he wins hands down, but with limited mobility I'd win no problem.

alnorth
07-12-2011, 12:09 AM
One thing people are ignoring, if he misses with the gun, its not like he's some hapless defenseless sack of meat who has no choice but to have his viser lifted by anyone who comes by.

If all else fails, Sofa King can just beat him to death with his metal-gauntleted fists.

Sofa King
07-12-2011, 07:24 AM
One thing people are ignoring, if he misses with the gun, its not like he's some hapless defenseless sack of meat who has no choice but to have his viser lifted by anyone who comes by.

If all else fails, Sofa King can just beat him to death with his metal-gauntleted fists.

Hell, i might just do that anyways.

Rain Man
07-12-2011, 01:43 PM
Like the Germans in Belgium, the more heavily armored side wins. Game over.

Sofa King
07-12-2011, 02:19 PM
Like the Germans in Belgium, the more heavily armored side wins. Game over.

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/GIeWjLC_SB0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>