PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Dustin Colquitt says Todd Haley thinks Josh McDaniels was cheating

ShowtimeSBMVP
07-13-2011, 03:42 PM
Chiefs punter says Todd Haley thinks Josh McDaniels was cheating

Posted by Mike Florio on July 13, 2011, 5:38 PM EDT

Getty Images
Last season, after the Broncos beat the Chiefs for one of Denver’s rare wins since starting the 2009 season 6-0, Kansas City coach Todd Haley’s post-game handshake with former Broncos coach Josh McDaniels was replaced with a pointed index finger.

Chiefs punter Dustin Colquitt, appearing on the Vic & Gary show on 102.3 the Fan in Denver, offered an eye-opening explanation for the maneuver.

Haley, per Colquitt, thought McDaniels was cheating.

“I don’t know if I can answer that within the locker room, but I know that it has something to do with the Spygate, the videotaping,” Colquitt said. “All the stuff like that. And I think that Haley was like, ‘Listen, based on that game I can tell what you are doing, and you are cheating.’ . . .

“I think it was just a culmination of rumors and [McDaniels] had been involved in that in New England possibly before, and so Todd was just kind of saying, ‘Look, with the game plan we had and what you guys already knew we were gonna do, this is’ . . . basically saying it was ‘bush, bush league.’”

Given the candor that players have been displaying of late, we’re kind of starting to like the lockout.

RealSNR
07-13-2011, 03:48 PM
He DID cheat- against San Francisco.

It's possible he cheated against us, too

Hammock Parties
07-13-2011, 03:50 PM
http://uranus.ckt.net/~gochiefs/donks7/pewew.gif

durtyrute
07-13-2011, 03:51 PM
http://uranus.ckt.net/~gochiefs/donks7/pewew.gif

Nice!!!

durtyrute
cheatin donk slut...

BigCatDaddy

Probably. I'm sure he was desperate to keep his job.

CoMoChief
07-13-2011, 03:56 PM
Probably. I'm sure he was desperate to keep his job.

That's (cheating) probably what got him fired to be honest.

bevischief
07-13-2011, 03:56 PM

He didn't need to cheat he had Tebow.

vailpass
07-13-2011, 03:58 PM
Really? Good lord.

Deberg_1990
07-13-2011, 03:59 PM
Well duh

CoMoChief
07-13-2011, 04:00 PM
Someone please give a scenario how McDaniels could have cheated though.

I understand he was a part of the whole spygate thing.....but that was a Superbowl, both teams are in the same city practicing....IMO it would be a little easier to have access to the other team etc. But how could this have happened - JMcD sending a mole or something to Arrowhead to film our practices from a tree limb ROFL?

Extra Point
07-13-2011, 04:03 PM
PAM-tastic thread!

chasedude
07-13-2011, 04:05 PM
From cooking sprays to taping practices, donks cheating knows no bounds.

Brock
07-13-2011, 04:07 PM
They wouldn't have won a game all year if they weren't cheating. That team is SHIT (so are their fans).

SPATCH
07-13-2011, 04:08 PM
The Denver Broncos are terrorists.

OnTheWarpath15
07-13-2011, 04:09 PM
Personally, I really don't give a shit. It's over.

With that said, however, I'm usually of the mind that if you're going to make an accusation like that, you better have some evidence to back it up.

Otherwise, you just look like a whiner that got your shit pushed in to the tune of 44-13 (or 49-29)*

*Seems unclear which ass-whipping they are referring to

Titty Meat
07-13-2011, 04:13 PM
Personally, I really don't give a shit. It's over.

With that said, however, I'm usually of the mind that if you're going to make an accusation like that, you better have some evidence to back it up.

Otherwise, you just look like a whiner that got your shit pushed in - in your own building - to the tune of 44-13.

It was at Denver my man.

I think Haley does have proof since McDaniels did it to the Niners. If you watch the video you can see Haley says something like "People are talking about you".

Titty Meat
07-13-2011, 04:15 PM
Oh you're talking about the 2009 my bad.

Rams Fan
07-13-2011, 04:20 PM
McDaniels+Spags=Winning.

OnTheWarpath15
07-13-2011, 04:21 PM
Oh you're talking about the 2009 my bad.

No worries, the article really isn't clear. After reading it again, I think they're talking about the 49-29 beating we took last year @ Denver.

Regardless, doing it against the Niners doesn't equal doing it against the Chiefs.

Just Passin' By
07-13-2011, 04:29 PM
McDaniels didn't cheat against the 49ers.

OnTheWarpath15
07-13-2011, 04:32 PM
Someone want to refresh my memory on this supposed San Francisco thing?

Rams Fan
07-13-2011, 04:34 PM

An assistant who was the Broncos filmed the 49ers. McDaniels, IIRC, had knowledge of the filming but didn't look at the plays. He didn't report it to the league, IIRC.

Just Passin' By
07-13-2011, 04:35 PM

The NFL has concluded that former Broncos director of video operations Steve Scarnecchia indeed recorded a portion of the 49ers’ walk-through practice conducted at Wembley Stadium in London. But the league also has concluded that coach Josh McDaniels refused to watch the tape.

The end result? Scarnecchia has been fired with cause, the Broncos have been fined $50,000 because they are responsible for the conduct of their employees, and McDaniels has been fined $50,000 for not immediately reporting the infraction.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/11/27/nfl-fines-broncos-mcdaniels-50000-each-for-videotaping-infraction/

Brock
07-13-2011, 04:35 PM
McDaniels didn't cheat against the 49ers.

He said he didn't.

Just Passin' By
07-13-2011, 04:36 PM
He said he didn't.

The league agreed. You figure Goodell had some interest in lying about a Belichick protege?

SAUTO
07-13-2011, 04:37 PM
The league agreed

LMAO with a fine.

DeezNutz
07-13-2011, 04:38 PM
The league agreed. You figure Goodell had some interest in lying about a Belichick protege?

The league would destroy this thread if it could, lest the NFL's image be tarnished.

Just Passin' By
LMAO with a fine.

For not reporting it. Not for cheating.

Big difference

Brock

Why not? Goodell made damn sure nobody saw what the Patriots did.

Just Passin' By
07-13-2011, 04:39 PM
Why not? Goodell made damn sure nobody saw what the Patriots did.

Bullshit. It was out there for everyone to see, since Jay Glazer went public with it, and it was nothing.

Rams Fan
07-13-2011, 04:39 PM
LMAO with a fine.

For not reporting it immediately. Not cheating.

milkman
07-13-2011, 04:40 PM
So this Scarneckia guy taped a 9er practice all on his own initiative?

Yeah, sure.

:rolleyes:

At the end of the day, I don't really give a rat's ass, but don't piss on my leg and tell it's raining.

notorious
07-13-2011, 04:41 PM

Yeah, sure.

At the end of the day, I don't really give a rat's ass, but don't piss on my leg and tell it's raining.

This.

Backwards Masking
07-13-2011, 04:43 PM
Of course McNaneils was cheating, Bowlen made copies of all of Shanarat's files before he gave the rat the axe.

Just Passin' By
07-13-2011, 04:45 PM

Yeah, sure.

“Our investigators immediately and independently interviewed Coach McDaniels and did so under circumstances that would have made it impossible for him to have spoken to Mr. Scarnecchia in advance. (It is also significant that your staff had not previously discussed the matter with Coach McDaniels; thus, his meeting with NFL Security was the first time that he had been questioned on the matter.) Coach McDaniels recounted essentially the same sequence of events as Mr. Scarnnechia had previously disclosed — namely, that Mr. Scarnecchia had come to him and advised that he had recorded the walk-thru, and that Coach McDaniels told Mr. Scarnecchia that he was not interested in watching the tape and did not do so,” Goodell wrote.

“Based on our investigation, we have found no evidence to suggest that Coach McDaniels or any other member of the coaching staff watched the tape. Nor have we identified any evidence to suggest that any member of the coaching staff or club management directed Mr. Scarnecchia to record the practice. We are aware of no evidence that would indicate the recording of any other opposing team practices or walk-thrus, or the like. And there is no reason to believe that the improper videotaping in London had any competitive effect on the October 31 game between the Broncos and 49ers.”

milkman
07-13-2011, 04:49 PM

Oh, now I believe it.

Dumbass.

You were born yesterday, weren't you?

Just Passin' By
07-13-2011, 04:52 PM
Oh, now I believe it.

Dumbass.

You were born yesterday, weren't you?

Goodell absolutely hammered the Patriots for what was really a non-issue, but he's going to let McDaniels off for a real incident?

Why would he do that?

KCUnited
07-13-2011, 04:54 PM
So I guess we'll be looking for a new punter in FA...

milkman
07-13-2011, 04:54 PM
Goodell absolutely hammered the Patriots for what was really a non-issue, but he's going to let McDaniels off for a real incident?

Why would he do that?

That's funny.

He gave Billy a slap on the wrist, given the nature of the incident.

And don't tell us that bullshit how the evidence was out out there for anyone to see.

You're a fucking idiot if you think anyone of us is going to buy that shit.

Rams Fan
07-13-2011, 04:58 PM

Why would he do that?

So filming another team is a non-issue?

Just Passin' By
07-13-2011, 05:00 PM
That's funny.

He gave Billy a slap on the wrist, given the nature of the incident.

And don't tell us that bullshit how the evidence was out out there for anyone to see.

You're a ****ing idiot if you think anyone of us is going to buy that shit.

Stealing signals is NOT against the rules.

Filming is NOT against the rules.

The issue at hand during the BB/Goodell situation was taping specifically from the sidelines and the meaning of "a game" in the rule about such taping. That's it. The punishment was ridiculously harsh.

As for being an idiot, I'll leave that to you. Glazer published tape he got that was supposed to be unavailable. If you missed it, that's your problem.

milkman
07-13-2011, 05:04 PM
Stealing signals is NOT against the rules.

Filming is NOT against the rules.

The issue at hand during the BB/Goodell situation was taping specifically from the sidelines and the meaning of "a game" in the rule about such taping. That's it. The punishment was ridiculously harsh.

As for being an idiot, I'll leave that to you. Glazer published tape he got that was supposed to be unavailable. If you missed it, that's your problem.

Not buying it.

Go sell elsewhere.

I don't believe you.
I don't believe Glazer.
I don't believe Goodell.

Just Passin' By
07-13-2011, 05:06 PM
Not buying it.

Go sell elsewhere.

I don't believe you.
I don't believe Glazer.
I don't believe Goodell.

There's nothing to buy, dumbass. However, since you choose to be obtuse, let's have Jimmy Johnson drop a little on you:

Q: How about the spying thing Jimmy. You’re a coach does that bother you what Belichick did?

JJ: Oh please. I’ve said it on our show. Eighteen years ago a scout for the Chiefs told me what they did, and he said what you need to do is just take your camera and you go and zoom in on the signal caller and that way you can sync it up. The problem is that if they’re not on the press box side you can’t do it from the press box, you have to do it from the sideline. This was 18 years ago...

...JJ: That’s what I’m saying. I was saying one of Marty Schottenheimer’s scouts, Mark Hatley, who has passed away now, Mark told me that’s how they did it, and Howard Mudd their offensive line coach with Kansas City, who now coaches for Tony Dungy, he was the best in the entire league at stealing signals.

Q: Where’d you put your guy who was videotaping? Where was he?

JJ: My guy was up with my camera crew in the press box. So you’d just put an extra camera up with your camera crew in the press box who zoomed in on the signal callers. That’s the best way to do it, but anyway you can’t always do that because the press box camera crew might be on the same side as the opposing team. If they’re on the same side as the opposing team that’s when you need to do it from the sideline.

http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sports/rap_sheet/index.php/2008/02/23/jimmy-johnson-thinks-spygate-is-overblown/

milkman
07-13-2011, 05:07 PM
There's nothing to buy, dumbass.

You're trying to sell bull.

Ain't buying it.

BossChief
07-13-2011, 05:09 PM
Anybody else want to tell me I'm making it up?

I told you all this info shortly after the game.

Someone wanna dig up that thread? It's about the conversation with the fingerpointing issue.

I know GoChiefs remembers.

I'd do it, but it takes too long from my phone.

notorious
07-13-2011, 05:11 PM
Denver, with a pile of shit team, completely obliterated our team.

I bet the answer is somewhere in the middle. It did seem like Denver knew what we were doing before we did, even though they got trampled by other dogshit teams.

BUT, sometimes a team just gets lucky. It is probably as simple as that.

teedubya
07-13-2011, 05:13 PM
The Denver Broncos are terrorists.

Yes, they need to be burned with fire.

Just Passin' By
07-13-2011, 05:14 PM
You're trying to sell bull.

Ain't buying it.

I'm not selling anything. You're just talking out of your ass.

milkman
07-13-2011, 05:16 PM
I'm not selling anything. You're just talking out of your ass.

You keep telling yourself that while you're covering your ears screaming "LaLaLaLaLaLaLaLaLaLaLaLaLaLaLa".

Quesadilla Joe
07-13-2011, 05:33 PM
Denver didn't cheat we are just better than you.

milkman
07-13-2011, 05:34 PM

LMAO

Rams Fan
07-13-2011, 05:45 PM

Who is this "we"?

Are you a member of the Denver Broncos organization?

Fritz88
07-13-2011, 05:46 PM

Someone wanna dig up that thread? It's about the conversation with the fingerpointing issue.

There you go. (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/73/Bald_head.jpg)

You're welcome.

ChiefGator
07-13-2011, 05:46 PM

Yeah, this thread was the first thing I thought of when I saw this. Maybe I'll try to look it up in a sec.

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-13-2011, 05:49 PM
"No one from the Belicheat tree must be besmirched"/JPB

KCrockaholic
07-13-2011, 06:01 PM
And Casey Anthony didn't kill her baby. She wasn't charged, so it must not've happened.

BossChief
07-13-2011, 06:05 PM
There you go. (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/73/Bald_head.jpg)

You're welcome.Damn u

I should have held back the rep till I clicked the link.

Bastage

Yeah, this thread was the first thing I thought of when I saw this. Maybe I'll try to look it up in a sec.

thanks

Okie_Apparition
07-13-2011, 06:09 PM
Dustin "dutch ovened" the info out of his brother. So it's not admissible

KCrockaholic
07-13-2011, 06:13 PM
Dustin "dutch ovened" the info out of his brother. So it's not admissible

Good point. Considering Britton Colquitt plays for Denver and they have likely spent a lot of time together this off-season, I'm sure Britton didn't feel bad letting out a little secret to his brother about a former coach.

Frazod
07-13-2011, 06:18 PM
Broncos cheating? Really?

In other groundbreaking news, water is wet and women have secrets.

Dave Lane
07-13-2011, 06:30 PM

Yeah, sure.

Utterly.

SAUTO
07-13-2011, 07:11 PM
For not reporting it immediately. Not cheating.

lol ok. It was wrong. He got fined.

Cheating.
Posted via Mobile Device

J Diddy
07-13-2011, 09:13 PM
Who is this "we"?

Are you a member of the Denver Broncos organization?

He's the fluffer.

Direckshun
07-13-2011, 09:15 PM
The inoperable video review machine was clearly cheating.

I loved that moment. You could watch Haley pop right on the sidelines as it happened.

I knew something explosive was going to happen. I was not expecting Haley to finger-wag at McDaniels after the game, though. That was fucking cool.

I love having a mean motherfucker as coach. Guy is the coolest.

J Diddy
07-13-2011, 09:18 PM

I loved that moment. You could watch Haley pop right on the sidelines as it happened.

I knew something explosive was going to happen. I was not expecting Haley to finger-wag at McDaniels after the game, though. That was ****ing cool.

I love having a mean mother****er as coach. Guy is the coolest.

Isn't it ironic, the meanest coach we got was a golf player not a football player.

Discuss Thrower
07-13-2011, 09:32 PM
Isn't it ironic, the meanest coach we got was a golf player not a football player.

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/W1U29FZIZaM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

RealSNR
07-13-2011, 09:41 PM

I knew something explosive was going to happen. I was not expecting Haley to finger-wag at McDaniels after the game, though. That was fucking cool.

I love having a mean motherfucker as coach. Guy is the coolest.Definitely. We've had assholes as coaches before (Marty, Gunther) but there's a difference between them and Haley. Haley's mean, those guys never were.

Three7s
07-13-2011, 09:59 PM
You should do stand up.

BigCatDaddy
07-13-2011, 10:02 PM

I knew something explosive was going to happen. I was not expecting Haley to finger-wag at McDaniels after the game, though. That was ****ing cool.

I love having a mean mother****er as coach. Guy is the coolest.

Haley almost channels the emotions the hard core fans which makes him easy to like and relate to. Compared to Herman, who just stood over on the side line like a freaking dumbass.

KcMizzou
07-13-2011, 10:06 PM

I love having a mean mother****er as coach. Guy is the coolest.All that fire and rage, for our team. Same shit we were feeling.

In the end, Haley led his team to the playoffs, and that little shit-stain frat boy punk got fired. Justice.

KcMizzou
07-13-2011, 10:07 PM
Haley almost channels the emotions the hard core fans which makes him easy to like and relate to. Compared to Herman, who just stood over on the side line like a freaking dumbass.Agree 100%

BigMeatballDave
07-14-2011, 12:13 AM

In other groundbreaking news, water is wet and women have secrets.Women have secrets? :eek: Who knew?

Hydrae
07-14-2011, 06:46 AM
Someone please give a scenario how McDaniels could have cheated though.

I understand he was a part of the whole spygate thing.....but that was a Superbowl, both teams are in the same city practicing....IMO it would be a little easier to have access to the other team etc. But how could this have happened - JMcD sending a mole or something to Arrowhead to film our practices from a tree limb ROFL?

Moles don't climb trees.

Ugly Duck
07-14-2011, 06:47 AM

They recorded the session, but didn't watch the film. They smoked the reefer, but didn't inhale. Cheated, but still picked second in the draft. Sad.

notorious
07-14-2011, 06:48 AM
I think that Denver just gave us a Grade-A ass whoopin' with a touch of inside info and luck.

It happens often. Remember, our team isn't that good yet either.

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-14-2011, 07:17 PM
I think that Denver just gave us a Grade-A ass whoopin' with a touch of inside info and luck.

I hope they start Tebow this year and we crush his soul and make him cry on National TV, yes.

milkman
07-14-2011, 07:49 PM
Haley almost channels the emotions the hard core fans which makes him easy to like and relate to. Compared to Herman, who just stood over on the side line like a freaking dumbass.

What do you mean "like"?

He is a dumbass.

There's no "like" at all.

CoMoChief
07-14-2011, 08:02 PM

It's not ironic at all, golf is the toughest sport on the planet to master. Frustrating as hell, I'm not the least bit surprised as to why Haley is pissed off all the time.

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-14-2011, 08:04 PM
It's not ironic at all, golf is the toughest sport on the planet to master. Frustrating as hell, I'm not the least bit surprised as to why Haley is pissed off all the time.

More than ping-pong? Pong is pretty damned frustrating.

notorious
07-14-2011, 08:04 PM
I hope they start Tebow this year and we crush his soul and make him cry on National TV, yes.

I take a simple "W" and be done with it.

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-14-2011, 08:05 PM
I take a simple "W" and be done with it.

NEIN! SOUL CRUSH OR BUST!

notorious
07-14-2011, 08:09 PM
NEIN! SOUL CRUSH OR BUST!

If Soul Crushing does happen, I will be giggle like a school girl.

A true Soul Crushing is if Denver rebuilds, and we knock the fuck out of them in the AFC championship game. That might make up for Elway.

Okie_Apparition
07-14-2011, 08:10 PM
DJ: Tebow's tears are like mana from heaven

Discuss Thrower
07-14-2011, 08:10 PM

There was something weird about that game and I couldn't quite figure out. I didn't seem in character with 2 of the 3 assbeatings the Chiefs received last season.

notorious
07-14-2011, 08:11 PM
There was something weird about that game and I couldn't quite figure out. I didn't seem in character with 2 of the 3 assbeatings the Chiefs received last season.

I remember it being odd as well. It was almost like Denver knew what was going to happen.

Oh well, sometimes a team is just "On" while the other is "Off".

Discuss Thrower
07-14-2011, 08:15 PM
I remember it being odd as well. It was almost like Denver knew what was going to happen.

Oh well, sometimes a team is just "On" while the other is "Off".

Which is what you'd expect like when KC was in San Diego. It seems KC lost to Oakland by losing in the trenches, with a similar outcome against Baltimore.. Oh, and we couldn't cover a freaking Tight End to secure a lifetime supply of FigNewtons for the Herminator.

notorious
07-14-2011, 08:16 PM
Oh, and we couldn't cover a freaking Tight End to secure a lifetime supply of FigNewtons for the Herminator.

Urge to kill......growing........

The 2nd Charger game was odd, too. We all knew that the were going to ass-rape us, and it happened.

GloryDayz
07-14-2011, 08:34 PM
He11 yes he did. There's never been a Donk that (note I didn't say "who", they aren't human) didn't cheat. It's in their DNA...