PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Filed to ESPN: two sides agreed to new Rookie Pay System

Pages : 1 [2]

ShowtimeSBMVP
07-15-2011, 05:15 PM
JasonLaCanforaJason La Canfora

If "handshake" deal comes by Tues as expected, I hear estimates of 10 days for all procedural matters resolved so that free agency can begin

BigMeatballDave
07-15-2011, 05:16 PM
tell Brady and Manning to go fuck themselves and you'll see them in court.

Let's see if they have enough balls to hold up the season with their little group.:rolleyes: Good God. Give it a rest. Fucking drama queen...

KurtCobain
07-15-2011, 05:17 PM
Could all this be done before monday?

ShowtimeSBMVP
07-15-2011, 05:17 PM
AlbertBreerAlbert Breer

As we reported on Total Access, after two furious days of talk, agreement in principle expected early next week. Nearly nothing in the way.

Marcellus
07-15-2011, 05:20 PM
AlbertBreerAlbert Breer

As we reported on Total Access, after two furious days of talk, agreement in principle expected early next week. Nearly nothing in the way.

Imagine if they had done this months ago instead of trying to litigate in court.

chefsos
07-15-2011, 05:21 PM

If "handshake" deal comes by Tues as expected, I hear estimates of 10 days for all procedural matters resolved so that free agency can begina) PBJ

b) Looks like the end of the month for FA, then...

c) SOMEONE IN ST JOE LOOK FOR TENTS AND BLEACHERS STAT

d) PBJ

ShowtimeSBMVP
07-15-2011, 05:23 PM
a) PBJ

b) Looks like the end of the month for FA, then...

c) SOMEONE IN ST JOE LOOK FOR TENTS AND BLEACHERS STAT

d) PBJ

Dont forget

E) No more vrabel PBJ

-King-
07-15-2011, 05:24 PM
tell Brady and Manning to go **** themselves and you'll see them in court.

Let's see if they have enough balls to hold up the entire NFL season with their little group.

So...football is coming back and you're somehow angry.

I don't understand...at all.

chefsos
07-15-2011, 05:25 PM
Imagine if they had done this months ago instead of trying to litigate in court.We'd have had to fill the space taken up by lockout threads, with poop threads.

Titty Meat
07-15-2011, 05:41 PM
So...football is coming back and you're somehow angry.

I don't understand...at all.

Laz is always angry and has something to bitch about.

Titty Meat
07-15-2011, 05:42 PM

If "handshake" deal comes by Tues as expected, I hear estimates of 10 days for all procedural matters resolved so that free agency can begin

So that means camp would be delayed a few days?

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-15-2011, 05:42 PM
http://assets0.ordienetworks.com/images/user_photos/1217886/bf379d55a9d55c1cb75c7e3c86188949_square_large.jpg?59b31aa1

ROFL

Ooooooooooh! Scaries!

Okie_Apparition
07-15-2011, 05:43 PM
St Joe should make a killing this year. First sighting of rookies & FAs will be fresh off the plane

Buck
07-15-2011, 06:03 PM
It just scrolled on the bottom of ESPN that owners dropped the demand to have right of first refusal on free agents this year.

cabletech94
07-15-2011, 06:05 PM
It just scrolled on the bottom of ESPN that owners dropped the demand to have right of first refusal on free agents this year.

yes, i'm dumb. this is good, right?

aturnis
07-15-2011, 06:19 PM
one less thing to squabble about.

bevischief
07-15-2011, 06:21 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/

Almost nothing can derail a deal now
Posted by Michael David Smith on July 15, 2011, 7:10 PM EDT
Roger Goodell, DeMaurice Smith, AP

As another week of negotiations comes to an end, all signs are that a deal between the NFL and its players is so close that those in the room can practically taste it.

NFL Network’s Albert Breer reported Friday evening that an agreement is expected on a new deal early next week, and there is almost nothing that can stop it now.

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones spoke briefly to reporters today and, although he wouldn’t come right out and say it was close, certainly seemed to be pleased with the progress that has been made. Jones is staying in town over the weekend to keep working toward an end to the lockout next week.

All expectations are that the owners will vote to approve a new deal on Thursday in Atlanta.

Chief Roundup
07-15-2011, 07:51 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/

Almost nothing can derail a deal now
Posted by Michael David Smith on July 15, 2011, 7:10 PM EDT
Roger Goodell, DeMaurice Smith, AP

As another week of negotiations comes to an end, all signs are that a deal between the NFL and its players is so close that those in the room can practically taste it.

NFL Network’s Albert Breer reported Friday evening that an agreement is expected on a new deal early next week, and there is almost nothing that can stop it now.

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones spoke briefly to reporters today and, although he wouldn’t come right out and say it was close, certainly seemed to be pleased with the progress that has been made. Jones is staying in town over the weekend to keep working toward an end to the lockout next week.

All expectations are that the owners will vote to approve a new deal on Thursday in Atlanta.

Alright that sounds good.

KurtCobain
07-15-2011, 07:54 PM
http://assets0.ordienetworks.com/images/user_photos/1217886/bf379d55a9d55c1cb75c7e3c86188949_square_large.jpg?59b31aa1

ROFL

Ooooooooooh! Scaries!

Stealing it.

Mr. Laz
07-15-2011, 08:38 PM
why wait until thursday?

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-15-2011, 08:41 PM
Stealing it.

Can you unload it in a foreign country while you're at it?

KurtCobain
07-15-2011, 08:42 PM
Can you unload it in a foreign country while you're at it?

Where'd it come from? I love it. It's on till we lose.

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-15-2011, 08:45 PM
Where'd it come from? I love it. It's on till we lose.

Random pic search.

So, I'll be seeing it until about week 2, then?

KurtCobain
07-15-2011, 08:46 PM
5-0 baby.

JD10367
07-15-2011, 08:56 PM
Stealing it.

Is it just me or does Cassel look like Cameron from "Ferris Bueller" in that pic?

KurtCobain
07-15-2011, 09:02 PM
I don't really see it.

Bugeater
07-15-2011, 09:05 PM
So is the lockout over with?

ShowtimeSBMVP
07-15-2011, 09:12 PM
ProFootballTalkProFootballTalk

Chicago paper claims HOF game has been canceled http://t.co/cnpxkuD

Bugeater
07-15-2011, 09:14 PM
Guess not.

ShowtimeSBMVP
07-15-2011, 09:14 PM
Guess not.

Its over by monday there will be football bud.

JD10367
07-15-2011, 09:15 PM
HOF Game is always a joke anyway. As a 5th preseason game, the teams involved are usually ill-prepared and it's a little more than a glorified scrimmage.

chefsos
07-15-2011, 09:16 PM
ProFootballTalkProFootballTalk

Chicago paper claims HOF game has been canceled http://t.co/cnpxkuDI don't see that as a negative, at all.

CaliforniaChief
07-15-2011, 09:18 PM
I don't see that as a negative, at all.

Agreed. Getting a good deal and labor stability is much more important than the HOF Game.

Okie_Apparition
07-15-2011, 09:21 PM
More time for Shannon Sharpe to speak

Bugeater
07-15-2011, 09:21 PM
HOF Game is always a joke anyway. As a 5th preseason game, the teams involved are usually ill-prepared and it's a little more than a glorified scrimmage.
And it's still better than soccer.

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-15-2011, 09:24 PM
And it's still better than soccer.

I've found that playing dominoes while the women's US team is on seems to work in it's own way.

ShowtimeSBMVP
07-15-2011, 09:53 PM

For those asking about report of cancelled Hall of Fame Game, the NFL, via @gregaiello, says the report is not true. Game hasn't been nixed

milkman
07-15-2011, 10:04 PM
In order to be sure that we can reach agreement on what makes a team good, of course you do. You're not so mentally challenged that you didn't already know that.

There are a number of things that can be defined as :good".

You can have a team like the Colts, who can score points quickly, and you are forced to keep up.
You can have a team like the Steelers and Ravens that can take away your best receiver or get after the QB.
You can have a team like the Saints a couple of years ago, who score quickly, and have knack for forcing turnovers, especially against the passing game.

BTW, I think you can make a reasonable argument that Cassel's level of capability against top teams is not yet fairly determined, because his two better seasons have been against weak schedules and his one lesser season was with a new team/coach/system(s) and a bad supporting cast. That's a whole lot different from calling him out as a scrub, though.

I have, in a number of games, given Cassel credit for making apparent strides in his progress, but then he shits his pants in the next game or two.

Until he starts to play at a more consistent level, he's still just a scrub.

The Bad Guy
07-15-2011, 10:17 PM
Realistically, they are going to have to ax the game.

They are going to finalize an agreement likely in a few days. That has to get signed, completed by next Friday and then free agency and draft pick signing has to begin.

That process alone is going to take at least 10 days. They aren't going to have training camps starting and guys visiting those teams at the same time.

That then puts things around August 2nd when camps will likely open. I can't imagine they are going to be ready to play a preseason game in that time. I wouldn't surprised to see the whole first week axed.

What I'll be curious about is the injuries in the preseason. There's likely going to be a ton of them not having a mandatory conditioning program.

ShowtimeSBMVP
07-16-2011, 09:42 AM
RT @ADonahueBaker: @mortreport So when do you think the lockout will end? > Next Friday, July 22. This is when its all done and players can report to team.

ShowtimeSBMVP
07-16-2011, 09:45 AM
@TurfShowTimes: Just learned that ESPN staf has been told to be ready by 1 in anticipation that the lockout could end today

ShowtimeSBMVP
07-16-2011, 09:46 AM
mortreportChris Mortensen

RT @kennybniners: @mortreport is if the lock ends this Friday when will fa start >> Monday, July 25, at 12:01 a.m.

ChiefGator
07-16-2011, 09:58 AM
@TurfShowTimes: Just learned that ESPN staf has been told to be ready by 1 in anticipation that the lockout could end today

Holy crap.. I need to get some champagne ready.

Rausch
07-16-2011, 10:00 AM
Holy crap.. I need to get some champagne ready.

Eh'........probably not...

ChiefGator
07-16-2011, 10:05 AM
Eh'........probably not...

Oh, I meant for tomorrow's World Cup.. :p

Would be great to have all this really move forward BEFORE next Thursday though. :toast:

ShowtimeSBMVP
07-16-2011, 10:07 AM
As Prof John Clayton has explained, $120m cap has formula related to 2009 cap space available for use this yr; affects min/max spending

Have no idea what this means but the chiefs didnt spend crap in 09

Rausch
07-16-2011, 10:12 AM
Oh, I meant for tomorrow's World Cup.. :p

:rockon:
USA!
USA!
USA!

the Talking Can
07-16-2011, 10:13 AM
Players seek reduction in training camp contact
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on July 16, 2011, 10:38 AM EDT
LeGarrette Blount AP

So what is still left to figure out in the labor dispute?

Both sides sound confident a deal is on the way, but the two sides still need to figure out settlements in the remaining Brady antitrust case and TV money case.

Speaking on ESPN Saturday, Chris Mortensen also indicated that players “won’t give in” on the remaining player health and safety issues still on the table.

We know about the reduction of OTAs and offseason practices. Mort also reports players want less contact during camp and to “basically eliminate” two-a-days. We’ll have to wait for an agreement before we see the fine print, but it’s fair to expect the players to get what they want here.

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell has focused on player safety, and these sort of changes don’t need to be approved by coaches who would be more likely to blanch at reduced camp contact.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/07/16/players-seek-reduction-in-training-camp-contact/

Rams Fan
07-16-2011, 10:23 AM

Don't get too excited.... Don't get too excited...

Rams Fan
07-16-2011, 10:25 AM
Per Howard Balzer:

Hearing that if deal is ratified by next Thursday, players can begin reporting to team July 25. Will be 72-hour period for teams to be able

to re-sign their own free agents perhaps starting on the 22nd. "League year" could then begin the 25th.

CoMoChief
07-16-2011, 10:26 AM
:rockon:
USA!
USA!
USA!

Women's sports YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Titty Meat
07-16-2011, 11:06 AM
Realistically, they are going to have to ax the game.

They are going to finalize an agreement likely in a few days. That has to get signed, completed by next Friday and then free agency and draft pick signing has to begin.

That process alone is going to take at least 10 days. They aren't going to have training camps starting and guys visiting those teams at the same time.

That then puts things around August 2nd when camps will likely open. I can't imagine they are going to be ready to play a preseason game in that time. I wouldn't surprised to see the whole first week axed.

What I'll be curious about is the injuries in the preseason. There's likely going to be a ton of them not having a mandatory conditioning program.

Awesome. Not only will be free agency be fun but that crappy game most likely will be canceled. Does the NFL ever fucking lose?

chefsos
07-16-2011, 11:20 AM
Awesome. Not only will be free agency be fun but that crappy game most likely will be canceled. Does the NFL ever fucking lose?That game's always been completely useless. Here we are in Canton celebrating the very best who ever played the game and then comes this band of undertrained scrubs to highlight it by attempting to play football.

BigMeatballDave
07-16-2011, 11:34 AM
Awesome. Not only will be free agency be fun but that crappy game most likely will be canceled. Does the NFL ever fucking lose?Why does the thought of that game being canceled excited you so much?

You can very easily just not watch it.

SAUTO
07-16-2011, 11:39 AM
Why does the thought of that game being canceled excited you so much?

You can very easily just not watch it.
Lol

He hasn't figured out the remote yet
Posted via Mobile Device

Titty Meat
07-16-2011, 11:43 AM
Lol

He hasn't figured out the remote yet
Posted via Mobile Device

I find it hilarious you of all people call ME stupid. Weren't you the one who had to leave for the boonies because you couldn't behave yourself? Drooltard.

SAUTO
07-16-2011, 11:50 AM
I find it hilarious you of all people call ME stupid. Weren't you the one who had to leave for the boonies because you couldn't behave yourself? Drooltard.
I have never HAD to do anything since the day I moved out of my parents house.

You may learn how that feels some day.
Posted via Mobile Device

Titty Meat
07-16-2011, 11:52 AM
Your joke would be funny if I still lived with my parents and you weren't slow.

SAUTO
07-16-2011, 11:55 AM
Your joke would be funny if I still lived with my parents and you weren't slow.
yeah ok billay.
Posted via Mobile Device

ShowtimeSBMVP
07-16-2011, 12:30 PM
JimIrsayJim Irsay
NFLFans,predict the 1rst day of veteran free agency n the coming wks n become a tweeter F.A.bonus baby with$500 cash,1 guess,hatpick winner

Follow him and make a guess it u want a shot at winning 500

ShowtimeSBMVP
07-16-2011, 01:08 PM
AlbertBreerAlbert Breer
Sides have no plans for owners & players to meet again unless necessary. Details expected to be worked out via email, phone, thru lawyers...

Titty Meat
07-16-2011, 01:34 PM
AlbertBreerAlbert Breer
Sides have no plans for owners & players to meet again unless necessary. Details expected to be worked out via email, phone, thru lawyers...

Most importantly

AlbertBreer

And to reiterate, an agreement in principle is expected early this week, and the owners are likely to vote on a deal on Thursday in Atlanta.
17 minutes ago via web

-King-
07-16-2011, 01:36 PM
AlbertBreerAlbert Breer

As Nick Athan would say, "The deal is done"
Posted via Mobile Device

dirk digler
07-16-2011, 01:41 PM
I read on PFT that the players are trying to stop two-a-days in training camp.

I understand the need for limiting OTA's and off season practices but don't agree with stopping two-a-days. High school and college players can handle that but NFL players can't?

ShowtimeSBMVP
07-16-2011, 03:59 PM
AlbertBreerAlbert Breer

NFL general counsel Jeff Pash just spoke to us, we'll have it on NFLN. Said it's in the lawyers' hands now, principles have done their job.

dkaplanSBJdaniel kaplan
Wow. Players and owners will not meet face to face again with deal so close. NFL opted out of CBA may 2008. Its been a long road to this pt

ShowtimeSBMVP
07-16-2011, 05:03 PM

Main point : NFL/NFLPA need more hard negotiations on unresolved issues when hoping tough stuff was over. Talk location DC or NY conflicted

Hold the phone lol

ShowtimeSBMVP
07-16-2011, 05:05 PM
Report: Owners, players will meet Monday after all

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on July 16, 2011, 6:35 PM EDT

AP
The owners and players will meet again after all.

Short after a report surfaced that the two sides were unlikely to need face-to-face sessions again, ESPN’s Chris Mortensen reports the two sides will indeed meet again on Monday and Tuesday.

It appears the meetings will be to go over some issues we haven’t heard a lot about before. (We recommend reading Florio’s post on this possibility from Friday night.)

Mort reports players want $320 million in lost benefits from the 2010 season restored. They also want the franchise tag to only be allowed once per player, instead of being able to use it in successive years. (That could be a nod to Brady antitrust plaintiff Logan Mankins, among others.) Workman’s compensation is also reportedly an issue, as are the two hanging lawsuits. (The antitrust suit and the television revenue.)

This news seems to come as a small surprise to some. NFL outside counsel Jeff Pash told Albert Breer of NFL Network that the “principles” did their job, and that the CBA was in the hands of the lawyers now. The league’s network reported no further face-to-face talks were expected to be necessary.

Something clearly changed in the meantime. We don’t think there is any reason for fans need to panic, but it’s a reminder that it’s not a deal until it’s a deal.

Consider this report lukewarm water.

Titty Meat
07-16-2011, 05:07 PM
Got dammit

BossChief
07-16-2011, 05:09 PM
LOL

"it's not a deal till it's a deal"

ShowtimeSBMVP
07-16-2011, 05:19 PM
CBA talks winding down but delayed camps possible

Posted on: July 16, 2011 6:49 pm

Score: 122

Log-in to rate:

Log-in to rate:

The collective bargaining agreement negotiations, as I've previously reported, are heading towards the end. But we're still at least a week away from football being back. Maybe more.

One player source familiar with the discussions says there are still points that need to be resolved including two big ones: workman's compensation rules and issues relating to benefits particularly from monies lost last season.

I'm told it's likely there will be delayed training camp openings.

These issues aren't deal breakers but they are important ones that need to be resolved.

This is how the new timeline looks.

If a deal was consumated on Monday or Tuesday, the earliest the players would vote to ratify it would be Friday, I'm told. And that's likely optimistic.

The players would almost certainly vote to ratify it but voting to ratify would take a few days, at least.

Then teams would need time to digest new free agency rules and be allowed some three days to sign own players. That would be followed by abbreviated free agency.

Training camps, as of right now, would have delayed openings, maybe by as much as a week, but likely a little less.

The good news is there's going to be a season.

The bad news is we're going to have to wait just a little longer to see it.

Titty Meat
07-16-2011, 05:27 PM
This shit seems staged like to keep the NFL in the news all the way til camp starts.