PDA

View Full Version : Misc Hello? may I speak with Mr. Darwin, please?

4th and Long
07-19-2011, 12:51 PM
Another award winner, folks! http://www.runemasterstudios.com/graemlins/images/winner.gif

Copper Thief Found Dead; 3,000 Lose Power
Explosion, Fire Reported Monday Night

COWPENS, S.C. -- A man was killed trying to steal copper from a Duke Energy substation Monday, and thousands in Spartanburg County were left without power overnight, according to firefighters at the scene.

Cowpens Fire Chief James Caggiano said they got a call about an explosion and fire at the substation at 245 Battleground Road about 9:40 p.m., and fire crews were at the scene less than five minutes later.

Firefighters found the man's body inside the fenced-in power station, Caggiano said.

Caggiano said the man was not authorized to be at the substation and was carrying some very suspicious equipment.

"They did find some items that would be used in the metal theft industry, cutters and that type thing," Caggiano said.

The fire and explosion, along with the wiring cut by the man, knocked out the power to half the population of Cowpens, Caggiano said. Power to the other half of the town also had to be turned off so crews could safely work on the substation to get it back on line, according to Duke Energy. In all, more than 3,000 Duke Energy customers were affected, according to the company website.

Crews started to restore power to the area just before 3 a.m. Tuesday, and wrapped up their work by 4 a.m., Caggiano said.

The coroner did not immediately release the name of the victim.

http://www.wyff4.com/news/28592862/detail.html?source=gs

Rooster
07-19-2011, 12:56 PM
I'm shocked someone would do such a thing.

Skyy God
07-19-2011, 12:57 PM
Police sketch of the victim.

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/7458/bubsk.jpg (http://img405.imageshack.us/i/bubsk.jpg/)

Hydrae
07-19-2011, 01:01 PM
I'm shocked someone would do such a thing.

Oh c'mon, he did it for the charge it gave him.

booger
07-19-2011, 01:01 PM
meth heads everywhere are stealing copper from abandoned or vacant homes. Good to see one get fried.

Reerun_KC
07-19-2011, 01:10 PM
meth heads everywhere are stealing copper from abandoned or vacant homes. Good to see one get fried.

So youre saying there is an abundant of copper for sale in Missouri?

tooge
07-19-2011, 01:12 PM
the gene pool rises ever so slightly

booger
07-19-2011, 01:14 PM
So youre saying there is an abundant of copper for sale in Missouri?

i see what ya did there.

Iowa too

Bwana
07-19-2011, 03:05 PM
Sometimes these things have a happy ending.

JD10367
07-19-2011, 03:47 PM
This is nothing new. Hell, back in the 80s someone stole all the copper piping off the HVAC units in the strip mall I worked at. The cops said they must've needed trucks and a crane, and yet no one noticed.

In that same location, some genius tried to pickaxe through the back wall to break in. They didn't get far, only made a small hole. But the hole was around a foot from the fusebox. I thought it would've been great if they'd hit it, and we came into work the next day to find a smoking skeleton hanging off the end of the pickaxe. :thumb:

OnTheWarpath15
07-19-2011, 04:00 PM
This is nothing new. Hell, back in the 80s someone stole all the copper piping off the HVAC units in the strip mall I worked at. The cops said they must've needed trucks and a crane, and yet no one noticed.

In that same location, some genius tried to pickaxe through the back wall to break in. They didn't get far, only made a small hole. But the hole was around a foot from the fusebox. I thought it would've been great if they'd hit it, and we came into work the next day to find a smoking skeleton hanging off the end of the pickaxe. :thumb:

The dipshits here are getting their drug fix without stripping the copper and selling it.

They are huffing the freon directly from the unit.

I wish I was kidding.

Titty Meat
07-19-2011, 04:04 PM
The dipshits here are getting their drug fix without stripping the copper and selling it.

I wish I was kidding.

LMAO

JD10367
07-19-2011, 05:15 PM

I wish I was kidding.

You need to hand out free samples of that Russian flesh-eating shit.