07-19-2011, 01:33 PM
What the hell is this now?

Rooster
07-19-2011, 01:34 PM
Florida must be a crazy place.

SuperChief
07-19-2011, 01:35 PM
Is this real life??

http://millennialmarketing.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/davidafterdentist1.png

KCUnited
Meanwhile, a baby is cloroformed and a hammer strikes a mothers head.

ShowtimeSBMVP
stimulus money?

Bump
I bet the guy in the mullet in the first pic got arrested.

OnTheWarpath15
07-19-2011, 01:36 PM
Is this real life??

http://millennialmarketing.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/davidafterdentist1.png

LMAO

BigMeatballDave
07-19-2011, 01:38 PM
LMAO

BigMeatballDave
07-19-2011, 01:40 PM
Florida must be a crazy place.My sons mom lives there, so YES!

KC native
07-19-2011, 01:42 PM
florida sucks.

4th and Long
07-19-2011, 01:46 PM
This is reason #134 that I refuse to live in Northern Cuba ... errr ... I mean, Florida.

Give me the Missouri roads, free of alligators and cops hiding behind (entrapment) cardboard boxes.

http://www.runemasterstudios.com/graemlins/images/shifter.gif

Hydrae
07-19-2011, 01:48 PM
They were doing something similar here in Austin a couple of weeks ago. On the news they were telling people about the guy standing on the corner with a sign telling them there was a speed trap ahead. I guess it is a good thing to have forewarning. :shrug:

rocknrolla
07-19-2011, 02:54 PM
Florida must be a crazy place.

The law enforcement in that state the most retarded, ass backwards f***'s in world! I have been pulled over 6 times because the cop "thought" I didn't have my seat belt on. Which I did every time. Its not like I drive some molester van or something, just a regular 2006 truck.

DaKCMan AP
07-19-2011, 03:10 PM
florida sucks.

Says someone who lives in a state where the governor asked residents to participate in a day of prayer and fasting to battle the economic downturn, terrorism, and natural disastors. LMAO

JD10367
07-19-2011, 03:14 PM
I never quite understood how a cop car hiding behind something is "entrapment". There's a speed limit. You're breaking it. That's like saying it's okay to steal from Wal-Mart if there are no employees watching you, but if they ARE watching you it's "entrapment". Fuck speeders. You want to speed, you take the risk. I think all cop cars should hide behind painted walls that look like trees and grass so they blend in like a chameleon.

eazyb81
07-19-2011, 03:16 PM
This is reason #134 that I refuse to live in Northern Cuba ... errr ... I mean, Florida.

Give me the Missouri roads, free of alligators and cops hiding behind (entrapment) cardboard boxes.

http://www.runemasterstudios.com/graemlins/images/shifter.gif

Yeah, no speed traps at all in the KC area.....none whatsoever......LMAO

Ace Gunner
07-19-2011, 03:22 PM
I never quite understood how a cop car hiding behind something is "entrapment". There's a speed limit. You're breaking it. That's like saying it's okay to steal from Wal-Mart if there are no employees watching you, but if they ARE watching you it's "entrapment". **** speeders. You want to speed, you take the risk. I think all cop cars should hide behind painted walls that look like trees and grass so they blend in like a chameleon.

well, the idea is, if you have cops sneaking around the public then maybe your laws are too many or too much and so is your police force.

JD10367
07-19-2011, 03:28 PM
well, the idea is, if you have cops sneaking around the public then maybe your laws are too many or too much and so is your police force.

I ran that sentence through my Universal Translator and it short-circuited.

OnTheWarpath15
07-19-2011, 03:28 PM
I never quite understood how a cop car hiding behind something is "entrapment". There's a speed limit. You're breaking it. That's like saying it's okay to steal from Wal-Mart if there are no employees watching you, but if they ARE watching you it's "entrapment". Fuck speeders. You want to speed, you take the risk. I think all cop cars should hide behind painted walls that look like trees and grass so they blend in like a chameleon.

This.

Christ, the police already give drivers anywhere from a 5-15 MPH cushion.

If you can't stay within that, you're the asshole, not the police.

JD10367
07-19-2011, 03:31 PM
This.

Christ, the police already give drivers anywhere from a 5-15 MPH cushion.

If you can't stay within that, you're the asshole, not the police.

Come to the northeast, my friend. Speed limits are 55, and people routinely do 75 or more. And that's not even in the high-speed lanes. The cops won't even glance at you unless you're going 70+ and are clearly going faster than everyone else. You really have to be approaching 80 to get noticed.

KC native
07-19-2011, 03:34 PM
Says someone who lives in a state where the governor asked residents to participate in a day of prayer and fasting to battle the economic downturn, terrorism, and natural disastors. LMAO

Texas sucks too. As soon as I can, I'm out of this piece of shit state.

OnTheWarpath15
07-19-2011, 03:38 PM
Come to the northeast, my friend. Speed limits are 55, and people routinely do 75 or more. And that's not even in the high-speed lanes. The cops won't even glance at you unless you're going 70+ and are clearly going faster than everyone else. You really have to be approaching 80 to get noticed.

Same here, depending on the road and type of officer.

There are some places in STL you'll get pulled over for doing 6 over the limit in a 30 MPH zone.

On my daily commute, I've seen people doing at least 70-75 in a 60 MPH zone, pass radar and not get stopped.

There were more than a handful of times during my season ticket holding years that I would blow by a cop at 85 (70 MPH zone) and think I was nailed - nothing.

Like you said, you've got to be moving at a pretty good clip, or stand out amongst other drivers to get pulled over.

Bearcat
07-19-2011, 03:43 PM
I never quite understood how a cop car hiding behind something is "entrapment". There's a speed limit. You're breaking it. That's like saying it's okay to steal from Wal-Mart if there are no employees watching you, but if they ARE watching you it's "entrapment". **** speeders. You want to speed, you take the risk. I think all cop cars should hide behind painted walls that look like trees and grass so they blend in like a chameleon.

I've never understood it either... the police aren't influencing your behavior.

Great, isn't it? :) And from my experience, people generally know how to drive in those areas, which is obviously important when everyone is driving 75mph in the city. The idiots around here will slow down to 55 in a 65 if a cop is out of his car talking to someone on the other side of a median, or they spot a small amount of traffic or a dark cloud..... and don't even try to explain the complexity of a "fast lane".

loochy
07-19-2011, 03:45 PM

This again.

loochy
07-19-2011, 03:45 PM

Well bye. I don't really know what you expect in another state.

bobbymitch
07-19-2011, 03:46 PM
That's nothing new. Back in the late 60's the New York Throughway was littered with broke-down pickup trucks and bales of hay that were all hiding radar guns.

New Jersey was the same, except there they could have a mile-long string of cars pulled over while the single cop wrote each car a ticket. Musta taken hours.

Radar Chief
07-19-2011, 03:49 PM

I don’t know who’ll be more relieved, you or Texas.

morphius
07-19-2011, 04:41 PM
Which is all good and well until they decide to setup a speed trap.

MahiMike
07-19-2011, 04:45 PM
I don't get why there are traffic cops in the 1st place. Hell, Europe has had speed trap boxes for over 20 yrs. Shoots you w/radar, looks at your tag and sends you a bill. Now every intersection has a surveillance camera, so why not add this technology. Let the cops do real work.

vailpass
07-19-2011, 04:47 PM
I don’t know who’ll be more relieved, you or Texas.

LMAO

Pants
07-19-2011, 04:50 PM
I don't get why there are traffic cops in the 1st place. Hell, Europe has had speed trap boxes for over 20 yrs. Shoots you w/radar, looks at your tag and sends you a bill. Now every intersection has a surveillance camera, so why not add this technology. Let the cops do real work.

That's rather 1984ish, don't you think?

Brock
07-19-2011, 04:55 PM

If all you want to do is generate revenue, that would be a good way to do it. However, speeding stops often get drunks off the road and lead to other revenue generating offenses. "Oh, you have no proof of insurance?"

vailpass
07-19-2011, 05:25 PM
That's rather 1984ish, don't you think?

Traffic-cams are all over in Phoenix, as they are in most major cities.
For the last 3 years we had cams on the highways too, they just removed them this year after finding out they weren't the $ makers they thought they were.
But cams remain at intersections.

Pants
07-19-2011, 05:28 PM
Traffic-cams are all over in Phoenix, as they are in most major cities.
For the last 3 years we had cams on the highways too, they just removed them this year after finding out they weren't the $ makers they thought they were.
But cams remain at intersections.

We've had these cams for years and years as well, but I always thought they were just there in case an accident occurred and to monitor traffic (you can go on the Kansas SCOUT website and watch live video from all the major intersection cams), I was always under the impression that it was not legal to use them as speeder-catching mechanisms.

Radar Chief
07-19-2011, 05:32 PM
Those are to catch red light runners.
Added benefit that they can review previously recorded video and catch accidents also.

vailpass
07-19-2011, 05:32 PM
We've had these cams for years and years as well, but I always thought they were just there in case an accident occurred and to monitor traffic (you can go on the Kansas SCOUT website and watch live video from all the major intersection cams), I was always under the impression that it was not legal to use them as speeder-catching mechanisms.

Big arguement on that here. If not hand delivered by a law officer it was argued the ticket wasn't valid. Many got them in the mail and didn't pay ( I had more than one that I ignored). Mucho thousands of $ still unpaid.
Talked to my State Farm agent, he told me they don't redcognize them as tickets and they don't go on your record as moving violations.

Running red lights however is another matter. Those camera tickets are valid and it is your ass if you don't pay. They also make you go to traffic school if you get caught running a red light here.

Hydrae
07-19-2011, 05:33 PM

I am waiting for cars that drive automatically. Then we won't have to worry about speeders, drunk drivers, people texting while driving, etc. And yes, then the cops can do cop work, not traffic detail.

Pants
07-19-2011, 05:35 PM
I am waiting for cars that drive automatically. Then we won't have to worry about speeders, drunk drivers, people texting while driving, etc. And yes, then the cops can do cop work, not traffic detail.

Give it 10 more years. BMW and other car companies are already knee deep in developing such systems (utilizing GPS navigation and a million sensors on the car).

Al Bundy
07-19-2011, 05:52 PM
Florida blows... that is why I never moved back there.

Just Passin' By
07-19-2011, 06:14 PM

Well, first, sometimes the cops do it from private property, which isn't supposed to happen. Second, the cops like to hang out by hidden speed signs that drop the MPH and then get you if you haven't slowed down all the way to the speed you were supposed to hit without knowing it. Third, they like to have one cop running above the speed limit so that traffic will match him, and then have a second cop come up behind and pull one of the civilians over.

And they do that bullshit up here in the northeast, too.

KcMizzou
07-19-2011, 06:18 PM
I think that last pic is Jones from Reno 911.

dtebbe
07-20-2011, 08:56 PM
Third, they like to have one cop running above the speed limit so that traffic will match him, and then have a second cop come up behind and pull one of the civilians over.

LOL.. this is so true.. been in the passenger seat of a patrol car doing this and it is FUNNY as hell! The only thing more fun is to blow by a line of traffic on I-70 going about 120, then stopping on the other side of a hill and nailing the first fool going 100 to see what the hell you were doing LMAO

DT

HonestChieffan
07-20-2011, 09:05 PM

Move south.

ForeverChiefs58
07-20-2011, 11:29 PM
When I lived in missouri I got pulled over for going 3 miles over the limit. Been in florida almost 10 years and I have the complete opposite experience. I have never gotten a ticket (knock on wood) and regularly pass cops 10-15 miles over. I think they are just too busy and only mess with you if you are being careless.

Got pulled over last year for going over 90 and he wrote me a warning. I am sure it depends on when and where too.

Param
07-20-2011, 11:39 PM

How awesome that would be. I'm thinking 15 years from now. Go out, do your thing all night long, car drives you home.

ForeverChiefs58
07-20-2011, 11:48 PM

This would be really awesome. Best thing would be no rush hour. Whenever I have to come to a stop on a highway for a few seconds then start going again I always wonder what the person in front is doing to screw everything up.

BigMeatballDave
07-21-2011, 12:48 AM
When I lived in missouri I got pulled over for going 3 miles over the limit. Been in florida almost 10 years and I have the complete opposite experience. I have never gotten a ticket (knock on wood) and regularly pass cops 10-15 miles over. I think they are just too busy and only mess with you if you are being careless.

Got pulled over last year for going over 90 and he wrote me a warning. I am sure it depends on when and where too. Ohio state troopers wont bother you unless your doing ten over.

beach tribe
07-21-2011, 02:18 AM
The law enforcement in that state the most retarded, ass backwards f***'s in world! I have been pulled over 6 times because the cop "thought" I didn't have my seat belt on. Which I did every time. Its not like I drive some molester van or something, just a regular 2006 truck.

Amazing. I've lived here for 12 years, and have never been pulled over....Once.

Param
07-21-2011, 02:24 AM
Amazing. I've lived here for 12 years, and have never been pulled over....Once.

What are you some pussy driver?

beach tribe
07-21-2011, 02:50 AM
What are you some pussy driver?

Maybe I'm just not a dumbass.

How exactly is getting pulled over 6 times because the cop "thought" *cough,bull shit,cough* he wasn't wearing his seat belt, constitute macho driving?

I really do feel like a pussy though, getting called one by someone with a dreamy pic of Becks for an avy