PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports Foul Ball Blues

gblowfish
07-20-2011, 12:59 PM
Cool story from the SF Giants - LA Dodgers game. We've all felt like this little kid at one time or another. Watch the video:

http://tinyurl.com/3q3f75u

Rain Man
07-20-2011, 01:15 PM
So the kid got rewarded for acting snotty. THAT CHILD IS WHAT'S WRONG WITH AMERICA TODAY!

Coogs
07-20-2011, 01:15 PM
And what life lesson was learned here?

Act like a dick, and I will get what I want.

Dr. Johnny Fever
07-20-2011, 01:17 PM
Maybe I'm just feeling like an asshole today but I wanted to tell the kid... buck up and stop being a spoiled little bitch, the ball didn't come to you so you didn't get it. Learn to live with disappointment and that pouters are pussys.

But like I said maybe I'm just an asshole.

:D

Nice PR move though for the "team" to get them both balls.

RockChalk
07-20-2011, 01:20 PM
Better than foul blue balls

Rain Man
07-20-2011, 01:23 PM
So it's decided. None of us likes that little kid.

RockChalk
07-20-2011, 01:25 PM
So it's decided. None of us likes that little kid.

Nothing against the kid, but crap like that helps set a bad precedent in his life. If I had done that, my father would have grabbed me by my folded arms and taken me to the car.

SPATCH
07-20-2011, 01:26 PM
... and here are some compelling interviews from that same game.

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/X37EzJnuntk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bump
07-20-2011, 01:38 PM
dad needs to smack his kid. Spoiled little brat.

OnTheWarpath15
07-20-2011, 01:46 PM
Fuck that little shit. He didn't even ATTEMPT to get the ball. Never fucking moved. It's not like it was stolen from him, like that kid in Houston.

Little asshole got rewarded for being, well, a little asshole.

gblowfish
07-20-2011, 02:36 PM
Heh...I Love the CP
SCREW THAT LITTLE BASTARD, HE SHOULD HAVE DOVE HEAD FIRST INTO THE PILE if he wanted that ball.

He's probably, what? Four years old? And a foul ball landed right in freakin' front of him? He wasn't crying to daddy to make him go get him a ball, he was just PISSED that it came so close and he missed it.

The TV guys gave him, and the kid next to him, a baseball. I think that's a pretty cool thing to do. Kudos to the TV guys.

rageeumr
07-20-2011, 02:47 PM
Heh...I Love the CP

It's not just CP, Deadspin's headline was "Hey, Kids: If You Sulk On TV, The Giants PR Team Will Reward You"

DeezNutz
07-20-2011, 02:55 PM
Heh...I Love the CP
SCREW THAT LITTLE BASTARD, HE SHOULD HAVE DOVE HEAD FIRST INTO THE PILE if he wanted that ball.

He's probably, what? Four years old? And a foul ball landed right in freakin' front of him? He wasn't crying to daddy to make him go get him a ball, he was just PISSED that it came so close and he missed it.

The TV guys gave him, and the kid next to him, a baseball. I think that's a pretty cool thing to do. Kudos to the TV guys.

That's David Glass's kid, so I don't know why you're cutting him so much slack.

OnTheWarpath15
07-20-2011, 02:56 PM

LMAO

Dr. Johnny Fever
07-20-2011, 02:57 PM
Heh...I Love the CP

I get that. I was just watching and thinking if my kid acted like that they'd wish they hadn't and quickly learn not to. (and no I don't mean beating them lol) But like I said I'm an asshole.

Dr. Johnny Fever
07-20-2011, 02:58 PM

Nice moves

Amnorix
07-20-2011, 03:00 PM
These are my two boys. The oldest, now 10 years old, Mr. Mellow, wouldn't have sweated it. The younger one, currently 7, Mr. Life's Little Inconveniences are Crushing My Young Soul, would've pouted like a pathetic baby. He's such a hyper-competitive, intense person that what most of us perceive as minor set-backs, he perceives as crushing blows.

I don't encourage it. I actively discourage it. But when things don't go his way he just can't help himself. Drives me utterly insane...

Amnorix
07-20-2011, 03:02 PM
Nothing against the kid, but crap like that helps set a bad precedent in his life. If I had done that, my father would have grabbed me by my folded arms and taken me to the car.

Right. What happens to his brother? He gets to leave the game in the 4th inning because the other brother is being a whiny little bitch?

I try hard not to penalize both of my boys when only one is misbehaving. Sometimes it's unavoidable, but as a general rule, no.

gblowfish
07-20-2011, 03:05 PM

Can't be. You'll never find a member of the Glass family anywhere NEAR a major league ballpark!

LMAO

RockChalk
07-20-2011, 03:07 PM
Right. What happens to his brother? He gets to leave the game in the 4th inning because the other brother is being a whiny little bitch?

I try hard not to penalize both of my boys when only one is misbehaving. Sometimes it's unavoidable, but as a general rule, no.

I thought the other kid belonged to the guy sitting next to them. Either way, you are correct, if I was with my brother, my dad would not have made us leave. However, if it was just the two of us, he would've pulled me out of there if I didn't cut it out.

Amnorix
07-20-2011, 03:10 PM
I thought the other kid belonged to the guy sitting next to them. Either way, you are correct, if I was with my brother, my dad would not have made us leave. However, if it was just the two of us, he would've pulled me out of there if I didn't cut it out.

Agree 100%. When a kid starts acting like that in a situation where we're supposed to be having fun, then fun time ends and it's time to go.

I've left just about every kind of venue you can imagine with a kid hoisted over my shoulder wailing like he'd been shot.

gblowfish
07-21-2011, 03:46 PM
Hey, here's a happy foul ball story from the Arizona DBacks-Milwaukee game:

http://tinyurl.com/3wwx2e6

OnTheWarpath15
07-21-2011, 03:53 PM
Hey, here's a happy foul ball story from the Arizona DBacks-Milwaukee game:

http://tinyurl.com/3wwx2e6

Cool of the kid to do that.

But also the right thing to do. It was obvious that Weeks was tossing the ball to that Brewers fan. And of course the kid is going to be upset - you're in a visiting yard, and one of our guys tosses a ball to you and you botch it?

Completely different scenario from the little asshole in SF that pitched a bitch because a foul ball was in his zip code and he didn't get it.