PDA

View Full Version : Life The top 10 douchiest colleges in America according to GQ

Dr. Johnny Fever
07-21-2011, 12:49 PM
Copied and pasted from a work link that no, I can't post for you since you don't have my password anyway. I'm sure if nothing else it can serve to start a fight about the colleges we think should be on the list i.e. another KU/MU
pissing match... and those are always fun.

Here are the Ten 'Douchiest' Colleges in America

It's a little late for the college bound kids who just graduated, but just in time for high school seniors applying to college: It's "GQ's" list of the "Douchiest Colleges in America."

--Their methodology doesn't really hold up, but that's sort of fitting for the word 'douche.' Because these days, it's the kind of word that everybody's using on everyone else. Even douches. See what I mean? Anyway, here's the top ten.

#1.) Cornell . . . because it's cold, and they always have to remind you that they're in the Ivy League.

#2.) Penn State . . . because they're obsessed with their football team, and not much else. The stereotypical college 'douche' school.

#3.) Yale . . . because it's famous for being the fast-track to the highest levels of government power, etcetera.

#4.) Stanford . . . because the kids who go there are all rich, but pretend NOT to be, and they'll be richer than the rest of us when they graduate, by starting a successful tech company. Or something.

#5.) Pepperdine . . . it's full of rich, over-privileged girls with a sense of entitlement, who are simultaneously hardcore religious.

#6.) Brigham Young . . . because of the Mormon connection.

#7.) Bennington . . . because it's super expensive, and the kids are all overly serious.

#8.) University of Delaware . . . because of its fratty, "Jersey Shore"-like vibe.

#9.) MIT . . . because they're really nerdy? Again, this list doesn't make a ton of sense.

#10.) University of Florida . . . because it's full of buff dudes with tans, tattoos, and ink.

DeezNutz
07-21-2011, 12:51 PM
Awesome.

Skyy God
07-21-2011, 12:56 PM
How's Harvard not on that list?

Graystoke
07-21-2011, 12:57 PM
I went to all these schools...I AM OFFENDED!

loochy
07-21-2011, 12:57 PM
KU...because they suck? /trollmode on

blaise
07-21-2011, 01:10 PM
Penn State? That doesn't seem like a douchey school. Where's Texas or Duke?

Dr. Johnny Fever
07-21-2011, 01:16 PM
Penn State? That doesn't seem like a douchey school. Where's Texas or Duke?

I was thinking Duke deserved a spot too.

Simply Red
07-21-2011, 01:23 PM
Cornell doesn't belong, that's a phenomenal school. I'd say Auburn belongs.

BigCatDaddy
07-21-2011, 01:24 PM
USC or UCLA?????

loochy
07-21-2011, 01:31 PM
USC or UCLA?????

USCLA?

Predarat
07-21-2011, 01:33 PM
Cornell Rules! After all Andy "Nard Dog" Bernard went there!

Dayze
07-21-2011, 01:33 PM
Where's University of Phoenix? ...those arrogant pricks.

loochy
07-21-2011, 01:34 PM
Where's University of Phoenix? ...those arrogant pricks.

They don't count because they aren't a real college.

LiveSteam
07-21-2011, 01:40 PM
Copied and pasted from a work link that no, I can't post for you since you don't have my password anyway. I'm sure if nothing else it can serve to start a fight about the colleges we think should be on the list i.e. another KU/MU
pissing match... and those are always fun.

Here are the Ten 'Douchiest' Colleges in America

It's a little late for the college bound kids who just graduated, but just in time for high school seniors applying to college: It's "GQ's" list of the "Douchiest Colleges in America."

--Their methodology doesn't really hold up, but that's sort of fitting for the word 'douche.' Because these days, it's the kind of word that everybody's using on everyone else. Even douches. See what I mean? Anyway, here's the top ten.

#1.) Cornell . . . because it's cold, and they always have to remind you that they're in the Ivy League.

#2.) Penn State . . . because they're obsessed with their football team, and not much else. The stereotypical college 'douche' school.

#3.) Yale . . . because it's famous for being the fast-track to the highest levels of government power, etcetera.

#4.) Stanford . . . because the kids who go there are all rich, but pretend NOT to be, and they'll be richer than the rest of us when they graduate, by starting a successful tech company. Or something.

#5.) Pepperdine . . . it's full of rich, over-privileged girls with a sense of entitlement, who are simultaneously hardcore religious.

#6.) Brigham Young . . . because of the Mormon connection.

#7.) Bennington . . . because it's super expensive, and the kids are all overly serious.

#8.) University of Delaware . . . because of its fratty, "Jersey Shore"-like vibe.

#9.) MIT . . . because they're really nerdy? Again, this list doesn't make a ton of sense.

#10.) University of Nebraska... They took the ball ,& went to the BIG10
:-)

Dr. Johnny Fever
07-21-2011, 01:42 PM
Nashville Auto-Diesel College is a glaring omission.

Backwards Masking
07-21-2011, 01:44 PM
I'd like to nominate Ohio State simply for the "THE Ohio State" saying.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
07-21-2011, 01:46 PM
Ole Miss

Dr. Johnny Fever
07-21-2011, 01:46 PM

That is pretty douchey. Like anyone ELSE even wants to be Ohio State.

Kyle DeLexus
07-21-2011, 02:02 PM

What about "The U"?

Backwards Masking
07-21-2011, 02:06 PM
What about "The U"?

I almost chose that one, I think THE Ohio State annoys me way worse because it takes longer and the pause between THE and Ohio drives me up the friggin' wall. Pausing in the middle of senteces for effect when one isn't deserved or necessary is a major pet peeve of mine.

Ohio State deserves no pause.

CHENZ A!
07-21-2011, 02:48 PM
One day one night saturdays alright nighttimes just fine online anytime get your degree set yourself free national american university

Hands down DOUCHIEST

BigMeatballDave
07-21-2011, 02:52 PM
I almost chose that one, I think THE Ohio State annoys me way worse because it takes longer and the pause between THE and Ohio drives me up the friggin' wall. Pausing in the middle of senteces for effect when one isn't deserved or necessary is a major pet peeve of mine.

Ohio State deserves no pause.LMAO at YOUR butthurt.

Bump
07-21-2011, 03:00 PM
Mizzou....cause of the meth

Titty Meat
07-21-2011, 03:02 PM
They don't count because they aren't a real college.

Damn.

gblowfish
There's a difference between being a douche and being a meth head.
The "Douches" at Mizzou are all from St. Louis.

The Douches at KU are all from Johnson County.

KCUnited
Rockhurst.

gblowfish
07-21-2011, 04:13 PM
This chick is a douche....
Wonder what school she went to?
<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fVPp8fnNfaY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

sedated
07-21-2011, 04:26 PM
From what I've heard of the auburn experience, it definitely deserves a spot. Also surprised to see duke missing.

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-21-2011, 04:29 PM
DUCCCO

Backwards Masking
07-21-2011, 04:30 PM
The "Douches" at Mizzou are all from St. Louis.

The Douches at KU are all from Johnson County.

And everyone at K State's a douche. Some people who went there still are. Like K Stater.

Titty Meat
07-21-2011, 04:33 PM
Wes Bergman alone should put Arizona State on that list.

ThatRaceCardGuy
07-21-2011, 05:53 PM
I was sure ITT Tech would make the list...I mean have you seen all their commercials ? Nobody likes a bragger!

PunkinDrublic
07-21-2011, 06:06 PM
That's a lame list. How can you knock a school for having an excellent academic tradition? We have a culture that embraces stupidity so why would you hold it against a school for having graduates who are successful.

Having said that I nominate SMU. You look at how Craig James acted getting Brian Leach fired from Texas Tech for not playing his pussy son and you get a window into the world of the self entitled, overprivelaged dickbag mentality that is the SMU student/grad.

Backwards Masking
07-21-2011, 06:36 PM
We have a culture that embraces stupidity so why would you hold it against a school for having graduates who are successful.

I think you answered your own question while asking your own question.

ThatRaceCardGuy
07-21-2011, 06:46 PM
That's a lame list. How can you knock a school for having an excellent academic tradition? We have a culture that embraces stupidity so why would you hold it against a school for having graduates who are successful.
:LOL:
I think you answered your own question while asking your own question.

Yes...Yes he did.:harumph:

PunkinDrublic
07-21-2011, 06:51 PM
:LOL:

Yes...Yes he did.:harumph:

Yeah I shouldn't have typed that up while I was in a hurry.

Backwards Masking
07-21-2011, 06:54 PM

Its' cool, I wasn't trying to bust balls and I knew what you meant, I just thought it was funny. I have a bad tendency to post quickly and make those kind of mistakes too, they're all over the place for everyone to see.

ThatRaceCardGuy
07-21-2011, 06:55 PM

Its okay..;).we all fall down, its how you get up that counts...also, knowing is half the battle..the rest is just getting her drunk enough that she is cool with having sex, and not too drunk that you might do time.:thumb:... that's what my grandpa always said when I made a mistake.

Rain Man
07-21-2011, 06:56 PM
How's Harvard not on that list?

That was going to be my question. No one goes to Harvard to get an education. They go to Harvard because it's Harvard. That's great for the school, but it makes it deserving of this list.

Mi_chief_fan
07-21-2011, 07:08 PM
I nominate Michigan: ever talk to a "Michigan Man?"

ThatRaceCardGuy
07-21-2011, 07:20 PM
I nominate Michigan: ever talk to a "Michigan Man?"

They're just as bad as their counterparts at Ohio State.....except for Michigan State , and Iowa, you could pretty much list all Big Ten schools.

TimeForWasp
07-21-2011, 07:31 PM
This chick is a douche....
Wonder what school she went to?
<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fVPp8fnNfaY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I liked her. She seemed like a fun chick to hang around with.