PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports 2 Charged in LA in Brutal Beating of Baseball Fan

4th and Long
07-22-2011, 09:52 PM
2 Charged in LA in Brutal Beating of Baseball Fan

Two months to the day after an emotional Police Chief Charlie Beck trumpeted the arrest of a suspect in the savage beating of a San Francisco Giants fan at Dodger Stadium, he pronounced the man innocent Friday and prosecutors charged two others with the crime.

The charges came nearly four months after the beating of Bryan Stow, a paramedic who suffered a brain injury and remains in serious condition.

Another man, Giovanni Ramirez, was arrested in May but wasn't charged in the attack in a stadium parking lot.

more: http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory?id=14131983

kysirsoze
07-22-2011, 09:54 PM
Hope they got the right guys this time. What a shitty story.

suzzer99
07-22-2011, 10:52 PM
I saw some pics and a video of this guy before the beating. He was being pretty obnoxious and boisterous about being a Giants fan. Just really really not smart at Dodgers stadium. The Dodgers absorbed a lot of LA Raider Nation when the Raiders left. Think dressing up like a Chiefs fan at a Raiders game - but possibly worse because a lot of Dodgers fans are hardcore Mexican gangbangers. They will legit stab you w/o thinking twice. Their colors are even used by one of the gangs. Just dumb.

I took my kid to one game there and said never again. And this was 5 years ago. By all accounts it's gotten worse as McCourt has neglected the franchise. I think they should level the whole stadium and move the team somewhere new, rename it and start fresh.

Obviously this is still a horrible tragedy, and the guy didn't deserve this, and I hope they prosecute this trash to the fullest extent. But still, you don't go walking down a dark alley at night in the hood, and you don't go wearing Giants gear and being drunk and obnoxious at a Dodgers game.

beach tribe
07-22-2011, 11:47 PM
I saw some pics and a video of this guy before the beating. He was being pretty obnoxious and boisterous about being a Giants fan. Just really really not smart at Dodgers stadium. The Dodgers absorbed a lot of LA Raider Nation when the Raiders left. Think dressing up like a Chiefs fan at a Raiders game - but possibly worse because a lot of Dodgers fans are hardcore Mexican gangbangers. They will legit stab you w/o thinking twice. Their colors are even used by one of the gangs. Just dumb.

I took my kid to one game there and said never again. And this was 5 years ago. By all accounts it's gotten worse as McCourt has neglected the franchise. I think they should level the whole stadium and move the team somewhere new, rename it and start fresh.

Obviously this is still a horrible tragedy, and the guy didn't deserve this, and I hope they prosecute this trash to the fullest extent. But still, you don't go walking down a dark alley at night in the hood, and you don't go wearing Giants gear and being drunk and obnoxious at a Dodgers game.

I don't think the cryps colors have anything to do with the Dodgers.

suzzer99
07-23-2011, 12:32 AM
a) Crips are black, not Mexican
b) lots of gangs out there
c) you spelled it wrong

http://sportsbybrooks.com/why-la-gangs-traded-in-raiders-for-the-dodgers-28757

kcxiv
07-23-2011, 04:33 AM
a) Crips are black, not Mexican
b) lots of gangs out there
c) you spelled it wrong

http://sportsbybrooks.com/why-la-gangs-traded-in-raiders-for-the-dodgers-28757

For Mexican's in southern Cal. Their color is blue. Norcal is red.