PDA

View Full Version : Life My high school reunion is coming up.

Rain Man
07-22-2011, 10:37 PM
During the planning process, two people died and a third just pled guilty to charges that could put him in prison for a decade.

That's one percent of my class, and this all happened while we were planning the reunion over a three-month period. WTF? If this is normal I'm going to be the only person there.

4th and Long
07-22-2011, 10:42 PM
During the planning process, two people died and a third just pled guilty to charges that could put him in prison for a decade.

That's one percent of my class, and this all happened while we were planning the reunion over a three-month period. WTF? If this is normal I'm going to be the only person there.
The graduating class of 19 __?

Param
07-22-2011, 10:43 PM
People actually go to those things?

Bugeater
07-22-2011, 10:44 PM
Haha...my 25th was earlier this month. The dumb bitch who was organizing it was someone who I absolutely couldn't stand back in school, but I friended her on FB anyway to find out the details. First off, the dumb bitch sets July 2nd as the day, which was the Saturday of Independence Day weekend. You know, the weekend where hardly anyone has any other plans.

After I saw that pretty much everyone who was attending were all fucksticks that I never liked, I decided that I wasn't going to waste my time going, and the best part was that after it was over, the dumb bitch unfriended everyone who didn't attend. No big loss to me.

Rain Man
07-22-2011, 11:01 PM
The graduating class of 19 __?

'81. As rock legends Styx proclaimed in our official class song, it was the Best of Times.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sv81dK_PtNE

(Why can't I imbed youtubes any more? Who's behind this conspiracy?)

Param
07-22-2011, 11:04 PM
Haha...my 25th was earlier this month. The dumb bitch who was organizing it was someone who I absolutely couldn't stand back in school, but I friended her on FB anyway to find out the details. First off, the dumb bitch sets July 2nd as the day, which was the Saturday of Independence Day weekend. You know, the weekend where hardly anyone has any other plans.

After I saw that pretty much everyone who was attending were all fucksticks that I never liked, I decided that I wasn't going to waste my time going, and the best part was that after it was over, the dumb bitch unfriended everyone who didn't attend. No big loss to me.

The only reason I could think of attending one is to bone a girl from HS.

beach tribe
07-22-2011, 11:17 PM
The only reason I could think of attending one is to bone a girl from HS.

Oh, you're straight?

Your av had me fooled.

4th and Long
07-22-2011, 11:24 PM
'81. As rock legends Styx proclaimed in our official class song, it was the Best of Times.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sv81dK_PtNE

(Why can't I imbed youtubes any more? Who's behind this conspiracy?)
I was right. You ARE old. Older than me, ... by 2 years. :p

Click on SHARE, then Embed.

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Sv81dK_PtNE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

LiveSteam
07-22-2011, 11:30 PM

God I hated that big bitch to. I kicked her lil brother ass good once. She chased me home everyday for a month. walking home from school & having to look over my shoulder for her.SUCKED!

Param
07-22-2011, 11:34 PM
Oh, you're straight?

Your av had me fooled.

You wanna go shopping?

beach tribe
07-22-2011, 11:35 PM
You wanna go shopping?

LMAO

HoneyBadger
07-23-2011, 01:34 AM
You wanna go shopping?

Fabulous idea!

|Zach|
07-23-2011, 07:38 AM

Idea.

Make a poll with about 30 of the most popular or "interesting" CPers and whoever the community votes for the most is the person you have to act like when you go to your reunion.

Bwana
07-23-2011, 08:07 AM
Heh, we had ours last summer. I had gone to the one before, but took a pass on this one and enjoyed myself in the mountains riding atv's and swinging fly line that weekend, with my brother, who's lives out of state. We get together every year and head up to Cooke City, MT, for a brother weekend. Always a great time.

The following Monday, I got a call from some nimrod, I hadn't seen in ten years, scolding me for not being there. :facepalm:

It was a short call.

tmax63
07-23-2011, 08:18 AM
I've only went to my 10 yr reunion so far. It did make me feel good about myself though. Having been in the Army for 5 yrs at that time I was in decent shape and had a young good looking blonde wife on my arm. All my classmates had gotten fat and their spouses had gotten fat except Gina. As a friend off mine said, "she looks better than high school if that's possible, dammit".

Iowanian
07-23-2011, 08:39 AM
"Oh Hi everyone, I'm Kevin. I'm the guy who wanted to shag the homecoming queen but didn't, but now I've got my own successful business? Oh this? This is the bone I got put into my nose by a Shaman while I was running an ultra-Marathon on a small island off of Madagascar. Well, Madagascar is an island off of Africa. My wife and I swam there dragging our belongs in a raft just for the experience. It's great, I'm glad to see you too. Since you live so close, you have GOT to come to our home and see the rocks in the back yard....I wanted Boulders and by the next reunion, I plan on having The Freedom Rock moved here from Iowania. This old thing? It's just a helicopter I paid for with the earnings from my new board game. I have more than Milton Bradley now"

My class reunion is coming up this year too....small class. Mostly all very close. We've lost 3 out of a small number. Looking forward to it, as these are high quality individuals and I miss a lot of them being around.

Rain Man
07-23-2011, 09:05 AM
Idea.

Make a poll with about 30 of the most popular or "interesting" CPers and whoever the community votes for the most is the person you have to act like when you go to your reunion.

That could be fun, but I'm already intending to go as Springsteen guitarist Nils Lofgren.

Jenson71
07-23-2011, 09:24 AM
I had my five year reunion this summer. Out of our class of 69, only 10 of us showed up, but it was a good group.

Rain Man
07-23-2011, 09:26 AM
I had my five year reunion this summer. Out of our class of 69, only 10 of us showed up, but it was a good group.

The top 15 percent, I bet.

My class didn't have a five-year reunion, and I bet that's probably too soon. Most people are just getting out of college at that point. It'll be interesting to see if your attendance goes up at the ten-year reunion.

cabletech94
07-23-2011, 10:02 AM
i was in charge of our 15th. class of 75. had about 30 some show up. we had a pretty good class. the athletes. the bookworms. the nerds. the trendsetters. and the farm kids. i fell in between the entire group. i was hoping that the "hot chick" that i wanted to bone woulda gotten fat. looks like i was the fat one.
had about 20 that were like completely awol from the world. most have joined my facebook afterwards. there's always the 20 tho.

boogblaster
07-23-2011, 10:02 AM
havent been to one of mine in years .. need too before they all die off ....

Rausch
07-23-2011, 10:27 AM
My 10 year opened my eyes a lot.

I had a small class (200+) and probably about 100 showed up. Everyone had grown beyond all the old nonsense and were just people living their lives. HS was over. Whatever was bad about then was forgotten and it was just a bunch of people who hadn't seen each other in a long time getting together.

I really enjoyed it.

There was the ONE person. There always is. But that was it. One person.

Looking back now I think I was pretty lucky and "grew up" with some standout people...

bevischief
07-23-2011, 12:54 PM
I didn't go to my 10 yr. It was only about 10 minutes from where I live. I told them when I graduated I wasn"t coming back till at least the 20 yr. That is 2 yrs away if we make through 2012.

Johnny Vegas
07-23-2011, 12:57 PM
I think my 10 year is this summer. I might have missed it already. I still see most of my friends I hung out with in HS so I don't see the point in going to see everyone else I never talked to or have little to no respect for.

Predarat
07-23-2011, 02:19 PM

After I saw that pretty much everyone who was attending were all ****sticks that I never liked, I decided that I wasn't going to waste my time going, and the best part was that after it was over, the dumb bitch unfriended everyone who didn't attend. No big loss to me.

Hahahh the exact same thing happened to me, but I didn't notice until you posted that. I went and checked her name and sure enough, I have been de freinded. Now is time for me to cry then sulk, NOT!

Rain Man
07-23-2011, 02:20 PM
I don't think I could handle the rejection of being unfriended on Facebook.

Dave Lane
07-23-2011, 02:28 PM
Was Amy Winehouse in your class because you may have to add another one...

Rain Man
07-23-2011, 02:31 PM
Was Amy Winehouse in your class because you may have to add another one...

Dammit! She was in charge of bringing the wine coolers.

Predarat
07-23-2011, 02:36 PM
I don't think I could handle the rejection of being unfriended on Facebook.

Its really hard but thats what Long Island Ice Teas are made for.

mlyonsd
07-23-2011, 03:17 PM
You need to rent a Mercedes or Lincoln (if you don't already have one) then get a friend to put a suit on and drive you to the reunion. Have him act like your body guard all night.

bevischief
07-23-2011, 06:00 PM
You need to rent a Mercedes or Lincoln (if you don't already have one) then get a friend to put a suit on and drive you to the reunion. Have him act like your body guard all night.

And move your cooler on wheels all night.