PDA

View Full Version : Football Just got $150 taken off my Directv Sunday Ticket bill.

Carlota69
07-24-2011, 01:04 PM
For those of you who pay full price, you don't have to.

I call every year and bitch about people getting it for free and tell them as a long time customer this makes me unhappy. Im super nice about it, but they get my point. This year, once again, I called, super sweet to the lady who answered and told her that Direct Tv takes care of me every year, and was hoping they would again.o:-)

I told her I was also pissed at the NFL for the lockout and was considering dropping it all together. Once again, they dropped the price for me. Instead of $360-ish Im paying about $210. :thumb:

Go get em Direct Tv customers!!!

Titty Meat
07-24-2011, 01:07 PM
I'll be getting it for free beyotch.

Fire Me Boy!
07-24-2011, 01:07 PM

How, beyotch?

LiveSteam
07-24-2011, 01:09 PM
SCORE!

58-4ever
07-24-2011, 01:34 PM
Yeah, I generally pull the "I want to cancel my service" card about once a year. If you pay your bill on time and have some tenure, they will usually give you hundreds of dollars off. Just stay polite and make sure the rep knows that you are not upset with them personally....

AndChiefs
07-24-2011, 01:46 PM
How, beyotch?

Do you really want to know the answer to that question?

Titty Meat
07-24-2011, 02:13 PM
How, beyotch?

Check out the Direct TV site. Theres a special going you sign up and get a specific package you get NFL Sunday Ticket for free. PM BossChief he can hook you up and he gets commish off it.

aturnis
07-24-2011, 02:15 PM
Sign up for Dierctv get pay for Sunday ticket, all other programming is free for 6 months.

BigMeatballDave
07-24-2011, 02:17 PM
Check out the Direct TV site. Theres a special going you sign up and get a specific package you get NFL Sunday Ticket for free. PM BossChief he can hook you up and he gets commish off it.I got that deal.

Titty Meat
07-24-2011, 02:18 PM
I got that deal.

What package did you choose? I should be getting mine this week hopefully.

CoMoChief
07-24-2011, 02:21 PM
too much anyway you look at it IMO.

I'm happy with just watching chiefs games. Football is on Sun, Mon, Thurs, and Sat (NCAA). Don't need to watch anymore than that. Plus I watch the Chiefsgames website all the time.

BigMeatballDave
07-24-2011, 02:22 PM
Sign up for Dierctv get pay for Sunday ticket, all other programming is free for 6 months.They no longer offer that. At least to my knowledge they don't. Now, you sign up for one of their top 2 packages and get the Ticket included.

DaFace
07-24-2011, 02:22 PM
How, beyotch?

Insert that bank commercial with the teller drone saying "new customers only" over and over again.

BigMeatballDave
07-24-2011, 02:23 PM
What package did you choose? I should be getting mine this week hopefully.Premier.

Valiant
07-24-2011, 02:26 PM

Gee, it is not like they are not advertising commercials for free Sunday ticket..

BigMeatballDave
07-24-2011, 02:31 PM
too much anyway you look at it IMO.

Not if you're a new customer.

lcarus
07-24-2011, 03:05 PM
Directv is a joke. I'm living with my brother, and it's his choice to stick with them. The damn thing messes up basically any time we want to watch anything. Even when it's clear as day outside. They came out and fixed it once and it was good for about a week. "Searching for satellite signal..." pops up for a few seconds pretty much all the time now. What's really weird is during one of the biggest blizzards ever last winter it worked fine throughout the entire period.

I think it's bullcrap that new customers get the Sunday Ticket for free and we still have to pay. That's THE only reason we got crappy Directv in the first place. Sadly I love their channel lineup and the DVR box we have. It's just one technical problem after another, their service has been awful in our experiences, and now new customers get something for free and current customers do not. If only they showed every Chiefs game here locally...

DaFace
07-24-2011, 03:08 PM
Directv is a joke. I'm living with my brother, and it's his choice to stick with them. The damn thing messes up basically any time we want to watch anything. Even when it's clear as day outside. They came out and fixed it once and it was good for about a week. "Searching for satellite signal..." pops up for a few seconds pretty much all the time now. What's really weird is during one of the biggest blizzards ever last winter it worked fine throughout the entire period.

I think it's bullcrap that new customers get the Sunday Ticket for free and we still have to pay. That's THE only reason we got crappy Directv in the first place. Sadly I love their channel lineup and the DVR box we have. It's just one technical problem after another, their service has been awful in our experiences, and now new customers get something for free and current customers do not. If only they showed every Chiefs game here locally...

IMO, it's worth learning how to point a dish yourself. Their techs are often pretty half-assed with that type of thing. I pointed mine myself and have probably only had 2-3 times in the past year where its had issues at all, and mostly only for a minute or two.

lcarus
07-24-2011, 03:12 PM
IMO, it's worth learning how to point a dish yourself. Their techs are often pretty half-assed with that type of thing. I pointed mine myself and have probably only had 2-3 times in the past year where its had issues at all, and mostly only for a minute or two.

Is there possibly anything I can do just by going into setup/signal strength? Or would we have to get up on the roof and do physical adjustments to the dish?

BigMeatballDave
07-24-2011, 03:13 PM

I think it's bullcrap that new customers get the Sunday Ticket for free and we still have to pay. That's THE only reason we got crappy Directv in the first place. Sadly I love their channel lineup and the DVR box we have. It's just one technical problem after another, their service has been awful in our experiences, and now new customers get something for free and current customers do not. If only they showed every Chiefs game here locally...Sounds to me like he just got a poor install. It's his fault he hasn't demanded they fix it.

lcarus
07-24-2011, 03:15 PM
Sounds to me like he just got a poor install. It's his fault he hasn't demanded they fix it.

He has demanded that, and they have come out and fixed it. Unfortunately it was just a temporary fix and we've been too busy recently to bother with it yet again.

DaFace
07-24-2011, 03:22 PM
Is there possibly anything I can do just by going into setup/signal strength? Or would we have to get up on the roof and do physical adjustments to the dish?

On the roof, unfortunately. I do it with myself on the roof and my wife inside watching the signal levels. Read up on it, though. It's a bitch to get back into the right spot if you screw it up really bad. The one buzz word I'll mention for anyone who wants to mess with it is to aim it with a "dithering" approach rather than just looking for the highest level.

SuperChief
07-24-2011, 03:29 PM
If anyone's thinking about getting DirecTV anytime soon (because of the Sunday Ticket promotion or whatever), they're doing the $100 bill credit promotion as well, where you get $100 of bill credits and a person that refers you gets $100 in bill credits. I can be that person to refer you, as I wouldn't mind getting the bill credits myself AND help out a fellow CP member. PM if interested.

ClevelandBronco
07-24-2011, 03:29 PM
Good plan, but the last thing I need is more football.

milkman
07-24-2011, 03:34 PM

I've been a DTV customer for the better part of 20 years and have never had any issue.

I've maybe lost signal twice due to heavy rains.

arrowheadnation
07-24-2011, 03:50 PM
I wonder how bad RedZone crushed the Sunday ticket sales. I really thought DTV would sue the NFL over it.

crispystl
07-24-2011, 03:55 PM
I wonder how bad RedZone crushed the Sunday ticket sales. I really thought DTV would sue the NFL over it.

Yeah I bought Sunday Ticket for the Chiefs games and I never watched the other games. I always watched the red zone channel. It's an awesome way to watch football and after the days over you felt like you just went through football overload.

MahiMike
07-24-2011, 03:59 PM
Yea, I just dropped Cable and went w/DirecTV. 2 years of NFL ticket for free. Schweet!

58-4ever
07-24-2011, 04:25 PM

I've had DirecTv for 7 years now. I've had the signal go out because of weather less than 5 times.

rocknrolla
07-24-2011, 04:30 PM
I've been a DTV customer for the better part of 20 years and have never had any issue.

I went through 2 hurricanes and never lost my signal before I lost power.

lcarus
07-24-2011, 05:10 PM

Maybe we just have bad luck then. I really don't know. Like I said, during the blizzard here in Tulsa, the dish worked great all throughout it. Actually previous to that, it had worked fine through storms and everything. It's just the last 4 or 5 months it's gone haywire even during perfect weather. Maybe my dish or box is bad? They tried to fix it once and it worked well for about a week. Obviously I'm going to have them fix it again, because I really do like the sunday ticket. I just really see no reason to have a dish in this day and age unless you're an NFL fanatic like we are and must have the ticket.

boogblaster
07-24-2011, 06:35 PM
Been with DTV for over 21 years only prob with signal is durning heavy rains .. but back on in minutes as soon as the rain slacks up .. but think ill try the ive been a loyal customer .. cant remember my pack but i get most of everything provided .. so maybe they'll give me the ticket fo free .. by the way, my local channel out of Wichita provides the Chiefs ....

Nzoner
07-25-2011, 01:26 PM

I call every year and bitch about people getting it for free and tell them as a long time customer this makes me unhappy. Im super nice about it, but they get my point. This year, once again, I called, super sweet to the lady who answered and told her that Direct Tv takes care of me every year, and was hoping they would again.o:-)

I told her I was also pissed at the NFL for the lockout and was considering dropping it all together. Once again, they dropped the price for me. Instead of $360-ish Im paying about $210. :thumb:

I got mine for $168 this season,pulled the "I've been a ticket holder since 1999" and that was all it took.Probably could have gotten more but didn't have the time to mess with it and I'm happy at $168.

ChiefsCountry
07-25-2011, 01:30 PM

Same with my parents. DTV has been very realible, only a few minor problems over the years.

Carlota69
07-25-2011, 01:45 PM
Gee, it is not like they are not advertising commercials for free Sunday ticket..

You dont get it for free unless you are a new customer.

BigMeatballDave
07-25-2011, 01:48 PM
Same with my parents. DTV has been very realible, only a few minor problems over the years.This is extremely reliant on the installer. Some of them could not give a fuck less.

Red Beans
07-25-2011, 01:49 PM
This is my second year with Direct TV and the first I've had to pay for Sunday Ticket. So I called early last week and the jack ass told me that it was still free. I knew he was just referring to the renewal letter, and that at the current moment it was "free" since the season was still in doubt. I call again late last week and tell them I'm going to cancel Sunday Ticket because it's too much. The guy laid on some thick ass bullshit and said while he couldn't give me any kind of Sunday Ticket deal due to the lock out still being in effect, he would take 10$ off my total bill for an entire year, and 5 additional dollars off my bill for six months. So we're down $15 per month off of my the $53.99 per month for the Ticket. Still not good enough. Called back today and the woman I spoke with said in light of my previous deductions she could only give me an additional $18 off for six months. So with $33 taken off of my bill for six months, that leaves me paying $21 per month for a grand total of 126.00. Not too shabby. A royal pain in the ass, but I'll pay 21 bucks a month for Chiefs football...

Bring on the "Cool Story Bro!" gifs.

Bob Dole
07-25-2011, 02:08 PM
They were advertising free Sunday Ticket with their move deal over the weekend. Bob Dole is thinking about paying the $50 to "move" his service to the apartment in back of the gun shop, and then moving the receivers right back to where they normally sit.

Red Beans
07-25-2011, 02:24 PM
They were advertising free Sunday Ticket with their move deal over the weekend. Bob Dole is thinking about paying the $50 to "move" his service to the apartment in back of the gun shop, and then moving the receivers right back to where they normally sit.

This. Do this now.

Spott
07-25-2011, 04:00 PM
I just signed up last year and only got 20 dollars off, but now that I'm a subscriber I'm going to try that same thing this year.

Iowanian
07-25-2011, 04:22 PM
I got pissed off about a month ago and cancelled it. I figure I have a better chance at a better deal coming back on as a "new" customer or maybe they'll sweeten the pot to try to get me back as a customer.

Manila-Chief
07-31-2011, 07:57 AM
I called DTV 3 or 4 days ago. Talked with the first person. I was on with her for a long time ... she seemed to be trying to work out a deal, but never offered me anything. Finally, she patched me over to an "NFL Sunday Ticket" person. Again, after a long time of her seemingly working on it, she told me that since the "Lock out" has ended, there are no deals (I believe some of you above got your deals after the lock out ended???) and for me to call back next week to see if there are any deals???

Admittedly, I've waited a bit long this year to attempt to lower the price.

Also, they called me about a month or so ago with a special offer ... all of Starz movies (haven't watched anything on those channels) and the rest of the season of MLB for only a one time fee of $12. Then while searching for the 2nd. or 3rd. game (against St. Loser), I couldn't find it in the 700 channels. So, I called and discovered the game was on a Fox Sports channel that I didn't have. I was about to say, "thank you for the info ... I understand, but without me asking the lady gave me that sports package for free.

So, maybe the NFL Sunday Ticket gal looked at all of that and was wondering why I wanted a discount for the Ticket???

I don't really want to give up DTV ... but, don't think I'm paying $323.94 to watch Chiefs' games. I have mission conferences scheduled for this fall (naturally, they are over a weekend) and will be out at least a half dozen Sunday's this fall ... if the Chiefs lose those games ... I'll probably not bother to watch them when I arrive home. So, not a good deal for me.

And, if I don't have Sunday Ticket why have DTV? Comcast Internet is too expensive and weird ... I get the same price by paying for basic cable (over $70 a month for both) as I would if I only had Internet ... therefore, I could upgrade my Comcast package, cancel DTV and actually save a bunch of money ... plus, the service would not go out during heavy rain storms.

Plus, I could resubscribe next summer ... when I expect the Chiefs to be more competitive ... and get their special deal. :) or is it :(

The Bad Guy
07-31-2011, 09:01 AM
"When I expect the Chiefs to be more competitive"....

I'm glad some of you have quit already.

hometeam
07-31-2011, 09:15 AM
I did the same thing last year

Phobia
07-31-2011, 09:24 AM
I called DTV 3 or 4 days ago. Talked with the first person. I was on with her for a long time ...

They're probably racist at DirectTV. I'll bet they didn't like your Manillese accent.

Bwana
07-31-2011, 09:25 AM
I worked them over last week and got a good deal.

hometeam
07-31-2011, 09:34 AM
Yep just chcked my bill, they billed me and im on the phone with them now. The guy told me that 'they offer the same deal' to the loyal customers, so hopefully i can get the free DTV and blah blah extra crap for 3 months. Im now being transfered for the third time to the person who can really make this happen

Bwana
07-31-2011, 09:38 AM
Yep just chcked my bill, they billed me and im on the phone with them now. The guy told me that 'they offer the same deal' to the loyal customers, so hopefully i can get the free DTV and blah blah extra crap for 3 months. Im now being transfered for the third time to the person who can really make this happen

Yeah, that happened to me last year. I got passed around more than a logging camp hooker on payday, but didn't give up until I got it done. This year, I got in done in one phone call, within 4 minutes.

hometeam
07-31-2011, 09:45 AM
ok ended up with a total of 335 off over 6 months, PLUS the nfl direct ticket mobile service for free

- not quite the front page deal, but thats direct ticket for free plus the DT extras for free

Fire Me Boy!
07-31-2011, 12:36 PM
Just went from $360ish to $180ish with a 9:42 phone call. They took $10 off/month since I auto-renewed for ST, and they took another $20/month if they could start billing me for it now. And I only spoke to two people - the original rep that answered, and the Sunday Ticket specialist.

unlurking
07-31-2011, 12:40 PM
Cancelled my DirecTV and Netflix yesterday, sold my TV today! Saved the full price of the package and $120 per month!

Ming the Merciless
07-31-2011, 01:59 PM
just saved 120$ (20$ per month for 6 mos.) plus 10$ per month for signing up for automatic bill pay (240$ / 2 years)

Total Savings = $360....

Phone call maybe 15 mins, mainly cuz i have a small bank and the routing number was ****ing up somehow for auto bill pay.

TY chiefs planet!!!!

OnTheWarpath15
07-31-2011, 02:24 PM
Holy fuck, that was easy.

Just got ST for free, plus some.

$32/mo off per month for a year.

Bump
07-31-2011, 02:34 PM
I just ordered DTV and this will be the first time I'll have them. Sunday ticket and all, the guy is coming on tuesday to install. I can't wait!

DaFace
07-31-2011, 02:40 PM
Holy fuck, that was easy.

Just got ST for free, plus some.

$32/mo off per month for a year.

They must have some account-specific tailoring for the deals. Either that, or different reps are just easier. I was able to get $25x6 plus $20x6 afterward, so a total of $270 off. Still, I'm not gonna complain for $50. :)

OnTheWarpath15
07-31-2011, 02:46 PM
They must have some account-specific tailoring for the deals. Either that, or different reps are just easier. I was able to get $25x6 plus $20x6 afterward, so a total of $270 off. Still, I'm not gonna complain for $50. :)

I was shocked. Usually I have to haggle a little more.

Just told the rep that it's disappointing to have to call every year, as they continue to raise price for ST, and see DTV give more and more free to new customers.

She immediately gave me the $32/mo for a year offer.

I'll gladly take $384 off my bill for the next year.

The Franchise
07-31-2011, 03:06 PM
$30 off a month for 6 months.

Free HD/DVR upgrade on a receiver.

I'll take that.

WV
07-31-2011, 03:37 PM
$20 off a month for 6 months....tried for more, but wasn't successful. I'll take what I can get.

I think once y ou do this a few years in the row they reduce your available discounts....the bastards!

crispystl
07-31-2011, 03:53 PM
I called back and they gave me the ticket for $200.00 but also took $22.00 of my bill for six months and $7.00 off for a year for signing up for automatic bill pay soooooo essentially I am getting Sunday ticket for $6.00 a month and my regular service will be reduced by 7.00 for the six months pursuant to that. Yeah I'll freaking take that.

Manila-Chief
08-01-2011, 09:09 AM
"When I expect the Chiefs to be more competitive"....

I'm glad some of you have quit already.

Just where in my post did I say that I "have quit already"??? I may be wrong but I believe that "more competitive" means we will be even better next year???

Manila-Chief
08-01-2011, 09:19 AM
They're probably racist at DirectTV. I'll bet they didn't like your Manillese accent.

You're probably correct. :) Not sure about DTV, but I used to live about 4 or 6 blocks from where many of the call centers are located. With those I get much better service when I start using "Manillese." :clap::clap::clap:

KChiefs1
08-01-2011, 09:26 AM
I'd like to get ST but the cost is outrageous! Could I call Directv & threaten going to Dish & have them give me a great deal on the ST? They gave me the $20 monthly off last year but I'd like the ST this year instead. Stupid we have to do this crap every year.

Mr. Laz
08-01-2011, 10:15 AM
got $20 off monthly bill

Fish
08-01-2011, 10:31 AM
Cancelled my DirecTV and Netflix yesterday, sold my TV today! Saved the full price of the package and $120 per month!

:thumb:

The nature channel is still on. Just have to open the front door and step outside. I canceled my cable quite a while back, and I haven't missed it much.

Manila-Chief
08-01-2011, 02:54 PM
$20 off a month for 6 months....tried for more, but wasn't successful. I'll take what I can get.

I think once y ou do this a few years in the row they reduce your available discounts....the bastards!

Yeah, I think they are catching on to our schemes. But, they used to charge over $100 bucks for .... what was it called??? ... they have rolled the price of that into the Ticket price. I don't use it ... don't do fantasy ... don't have HDTV (yet) ... so, I don't need it.

I just called and got $20 a month off of the Ticket. He first mentioned the discounts I'm getting ... told him ... I didn't ask for the Starz/MLB special offer ... they called me ... he said, "Okay" and offered $10 ... I said not enough ... guess I'm not good at bargaining ... I took the $20 and didn't try for more. But, I already do the auto billing thing. I guess one way to look at it ... if I were in KC and attended the games I'd spend way more.

The Bad Guy
08-01-2011, 03:02 PM
Just where in my post did I say that I "have quit already"??? I may be wrong but I believe that "more competitive" means we will be even better next year???

I don't think a team coming off a dvision title's fanbase has ever been more neutered into believing this year will be a complete failure like this one.

Fire Me Boy!
08-01-2011, 03:03 PM
Yeah, I think they are catching on to our schemes. But, they used to charge over $100 bucks for .... what was it called??? ... they have rolled the price of that into the Ticket price. I don't use it ... don't do fantasy ... don't have HDTV (yet) ... so, I don't need it.

I just called and got $20 a month off of the Ticket. He first mentioned the discounts I'm getting ... told him ... I didn't ask for the Starz/MLB special offer ... they called me ... he said, "Okay" and offered $10 ... I said not enough ... guess I'm not good at bargaining ... I took the $20 and didn't try for more. But, I already do the auto billing thing. I guess one way to look at it ... if I were in KC and attended the games I'd spend way more.

Kinda how I looked at it. Prior to ST, I spent my afternoons at Buffalo Wild Wings. I'd spend way more than $30/month (hell, I'd spend that much in one visit if my wife went) on beer and mediocre food. This way I can sit on my couch and save a little money.

OnTheWarpath15
08-01-2011, 03:06 PM

I've done this at least 4 years in a row, and my discount has actually gotten bigger every year.

It also seems like I have to haggle less and less every year.

crispystl
08-01-2011, 06:39 PM
got $20 off monthly bill

They did that for me too, but call back again and say it isn't enough you will get more.

crispystl
08-01-2011, 06:44 PM
I've done this at least 4 years in a row, and my discount has actually gotten bigger every year.

It also seems like I have to haggle less and less every year.

I have only negotiated the past two years but I got a significantly better deal this year than last. I think a lot of it seriously has to do with what rep you get. Hell I didn't even have to switch reps or hard line negotiate they just said ok will give you this this and this. i would recommend everyone try at least twice. I hate to see a good fan getting bent over.

UteChief
08-01-2011, 08:54 PM
I just called and was offered $10 off for 12 months. So I canceled it.

KCwolf
08-01-2011, 08:56 PM
15 yr. Life long subscriber - $123 One time payment for Sunday Ticket -- $$$$
Took some time but well worth it.

UteChief
08-03-2011, 08:36 PM
I made a 2nd call today. Got Sunday Ticket for $33 a month for four months. Happy with the outcome.

andoman
08-09-2011, 04:42 PM
I mentioned this thread to my wife the other day. When I got home from work today she was on the phone with DirecTV. They started by offering $20 off/mnth for a year, full price for Sunday Ticket. She went on about how unfair it is to longtime customers. They transferred her to someone else who offered Sunday ticket for 1/2 price. About that time I started perusing Dish TVs website and started giving her their prices loud enough for them to hear me. She was transferred to someone else who finally gave us Sunday ticket no-charge! (this year only). Then she mentioned that we had AT&T DSL, shouldn't we get a discount there too? Sure do, $5 off. No extension of contract, I had her ask twice. I'm happy! Here in GA, I rarely get to see the Chiefs on TV, and watching over the Internet really doesn't work well on my cheap a$$ DSL connection.

I love that woman!

crispystl
08-09-2011, 04:55 PM
I mentioned this thread to my wife the other day. When I got home from work today she was on the phone with DirecTV. They started by offering $20 off/mnth for a year, full price for Sunday Ticket. She went on about how unfair it is to longtime customers. They transferred her to someone else who offered Sunday ticket for 1/2 price. About that time I started perusing Dish TVs website and started giving her their prices loud enough for them to here me. She was transferred to someone else who finally gave us Sunday ticket no-charge! (this year only). Then she mentioned that we had AT&T DSL, shouldn't we get a discount there too? Sure do, $5 off. No extension of contract, I had her ask twice. I'm happy! Here in GA, I rarely get to see the Chiefs on TV, and watching over the Internet really doesn't work well on my cheap a$$ DSL connection.

I love that woman!

Yup the harder you try the more you will get. Sometimes it can get ridiculous how long you end up on the phone with them though.

Mr. Laz
08-09-2011, 05:59 PM
I love that woman!
me too ... several times tbh

:evil: :p

TrickyNicky
08-09-2011, 07:28 PM
Could I ask you DTV customers how much extra, past the monthly service + lease fee, you pay on your bill?

I'm doing the math and currently, I have Cox TV bundled with phone/internet at ~$95.00/month for HD-DVR cable TV plus $20 in taxes/surcharges/fees.

I could get a comparable deal that would come to about $70 after the first 3 months, but I don't know what else they tack on.

BossChief
08-09-2011, 09:04 PM
As a tip from an "insider" of sorts...always pay your bill on time and they will be a lot more willing to work with you.

Also, NEVER be outright rude with a CS rep of theirs because they can note your account with whatever you say and every rep that ever takes a call from you in the future can see the notes and it plays a big part into how much they will work with you, if at all.

BossChief
08-09-2011, 09:20 PM

This is likely a connection problem.

Does the house have 1 or 2 dishes?

Is it a problem with just one of the houses receivers or is it with all of them?

Is it a SWM system? (PM me if you dont know what that means)

How many lines are coming from the dish and where do they go from there? Basement? Attic?

As a start, I would go into signal meters and give me the transponder readings of the first 8 transponders from each satellite your system uses.

If those are all in the 90s (or high 80s and not including the middle row, those are almost always very low or 0s) its not an issue with the dishes alignment and its, as I suspect, a connection issue.

If this is a problem with all of the receivers and your dish has a good signal, its likely a multiswitch issue or something to do with the LNB/SWM splitter or power inserter.

Follow the line/s from the dish and if there are any splices in the line, take a couple wrenches, undo the connection and check for corrosion on either end. This is gonna probably be your problem.

If none of this helps, or if you need any further assistance...send me a PM.

Carlota69
08-09-2011, 09:27 PM
Well I just got inspired to call Directv and see if I could get some more goodies...I got another $20 off a month and the NFL Ticket To Go for free:thumb:

Carlota69
08-09-2011, 09:30 PM
Could I ask you DTV customers how much extra, past the monthly service + lease fee, you pay on your bill?

I'm doing the math and currently, I have Cox TV bundled with phone/internet at ~$95.00/month for HD-DVR cable TV plus $20 in taxes/surcharges/fees.

I could get a comparable deal that would come to about $70 after the first 3 months, but I don't know what else they tack on.

I pay 129.00 a month for The full package, all the movie channels, HD-2DVRs..I think I pay $20 a month in bullshit fees, recievers HD blah blah..

Dunit35
08-10-2011, 03:04 AM
I did some searching today. I currently have Dish contract until February. We were looking at new internet service and found AT&T. They are offering their fastest connection at 1.5 and Directv 225 channels, HD access, DVR with Sunday Ticket for $57 a month for 12 months. After a year it jumps up to $77. I can't tell if I could get Sunday Ticket for free or not. Anybody know anything?

It also comes with a $50 gift card which could help the dish cancellation cost. Heres the details:

2011 NFL SUNDAY TICKET AND NFL SUNDAY TICKET TO-GO OFFER: NFL SUNDAY TICKET and NFL SUNDAY TICKET To-Go consist of all out-of market NFL games (based on customer’s service address) broadcast on FOX and CBS. Local broadcasts are subject to blackout rules. Other conditions apply. 2011 NFL SUNDAY TICKET regular full-season retail price is $334.95; 2011 NFL SUNDAY TICKET To-Go regular retail price is $49.95. NFL SUNDAY TICKET and NFL SUNDAY TICKET To-Go will automatically continue each season at special renewal rates unless customer calls to cancel prior to start of season. In the event the 2011 NFL season is delayed, there will not be a substitute offer or credit for missed games. In the event the entire 2011 NFL season is cancelled; the customer will receive 2012 NFL SUNDAY TICKET and NFL SUNDAY TICKET To-Go at no additional charge and the automatic renewals will begin with the 2013 season. Subscriptions cannot be cancelled (in part or in whole) after the start of the season and subscription fees cannot be refunded. NFL SUNDAY TICKET subscription is required to order NFL SUNDAY TICKET To-Go (only one game may be accessed from any device at any given time). Online application is only available on certain operating systems. Computer hardware, software, and Internet connection not included. Mobile phone application only available on certain devices from certain providers. Additional data charges may apply. Please check with your service provider. Visit directv.com/NFL for a list of system requirements and compatible mobile devices. Account must be in “good standing” as determined by DIRECTV in its sole discretion to remain eligible for all offers. In certain markets, programming/pricing may vary.

Dunit35
08-10-2011, 03:17 AM
If Sunday Ticket is free with this at&t bundle and everythings legit, I will probably do this. Right now we pay $120 for internet and Dish.

Great Expectations
08-11-2011, 09:22 PM
Got it for free today and next highest package for $59 a month.

What channels will Sunday ticket be on, and do you get any pre season?

BigMeatballDave
08-11-2011, 09:36 PM
Got it for free today and next highest package for $59 a month.

What channels will Sunday ticket be on, and do you get any pre season?The Ticket airs in the 700s. No preseason.

TimeForWasp
08-11-2011, 09:41 PM
I just got off the phone with directv.

Thank you for contacting DIRECTV. We have updated your account with a credit of $281.53. Please print or keep a copy of this email for your records.

DTLB58
08-11-2011, 10:43 PM
I just got off the phone with directv.

Thank you for contacting DIRECTV. We have updated your account with a credit of $281.53. Please print or keep a copy of this email for your records.

I would strongly encourage you to do so.

I called this past weekend to see what deal I could get on my ticket this year and got some whiny little witch, that told me she couldn't do anything. I told her they gave me half off last year. Well according to her after she looked up my records they didn't. Who knows if she was telling the truth or not but she said they charged me $50 for 5 months and I know that's not the deal they offered me in August.

Anyways, I called back later and got someone else in the discounts department and she told me I wasn't even eligible yet to get a discount cause they haven't billed my account for Sunday ticket this year yet. She told me the date to call back and noted my account.

But I wouldn't put it past DIRECTV to tell their customers they are getting "x" amount off billed over so many months and if the customer doesn't watch their bill close they just bill them for more.

Buyer beware!

TimeForWasp
08-12-2011, 01:08 PM
I would strongly encourage you to do so.

I called this past weekend to see what deal I could get on my ticket this year and got some whiny little witch, that told me she couldn't do anything. I told her they gave me half off last year. Well according to her after she looked up my records they didn't. Who knows if she was telling the truth or not but she said they charged me $50 for 5 months and I know that's not the deal they offered me in August.

Anyways, I called back later and got someone else in the discounts department and she told me I wasn't even eligible yet to get a discount cause they haven't billed my account for Sunday ticket this year yet. She told me the date to call back and noted my account.

But I wouldn't put it past DIRECTV to tell their customers they are getting "x" amount off billed over so many months and if the customer doesn't watch their bill close they just bill them for more.

Buyer beware!

They did me right though. I owed them that bill and they credited it. The only thing I failed to do was ask how much they were charging me from there on.

The Franchise
08-12-2011, 01:50 PM
I have to call in. They told me I would be getting $30 off a month....and I'm only getting $20.

Carlota69
08-12-2011, 03:02 PM
Ok, I just went over everything with a fine tooth comb--

I get EVERYTHING--EVERY Channel DTV offers, plus a HD_DVR and a second DVR reciever plus the NFL ticket for $141.00 a month plus tax..

MY package costs $114.99 + $18 in reciever fees and $9 a month for NFLT...Pretty sweet:thumb:

Manila-Chief
08-13-2011, 07:32 AM
Well I just got inspired to call Directv and see if I could get some more goodies...I got another $20 off a month and the NFL Ticket To Go for free:thumb:

What approach did you use when you contacted them this time to get the extra discount?

I looked at the schedule ... the Chiefs will be on ESPN/NBC for 3 games. I will be away from home doing missions conferences for about a month, and have an out of town schedule for a couple other games, and if they lose or if I don't get to watch the game right away, I'll probably never watch it.

Plus, the way they played last night ... not sure it'll be worth $203 for a half dozen games.

TEX
08-13-2011, 10:36 AM

Isn't there some "Obama Program" out there where you can get it for free???

DMAC
08-17-2011, 02:03 PM
All I want is NFL Redzone. I dont have Sunday Ticket so they want to sell me $50 per month for everything so I can get Redzone.

I have tried twice to get amazing deal and it appears I'm screwed.

Directv, WHY U NO OFFER REDZONE BY ITSELF?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-w3TcnKOEz6I/TaOg7Ol_hwI/AAAAAAAAAQE/O9HWI5vQB6w/s1600/Why-You-No-Guy.jpg

KChiefs1
08-17-2011, 08:31 PM
Got ST for free & $10 a month for 12 months off!

chief52
08-17-2011, 10:47 PM
Got ST for free & $10 a month for 12 months off!

So how did you do that? I am preparing to call them. I have still not been billed for Sunday Ticket. Bill should be here any time.

Paid on time...pay for MLB package... We will see how I do.

Bill is $144 a month right now but that includes MLB package.

kcxiv
08-17-2011, 11:17 PM
I got 170 off and the online version of it.

chief52
08-17-2011, 11:28 PM
I got 170 off and the online version of it.

tx, I would be happy with that.

Bump
08-17-2011, 11:31 PM
you guys are gonna ruin it for the rest of us. They are gonna be like "Why are all of these Kansans and murons calling us all of the sudden complaining and expecting discounts?

kcxiv
08-17-2011, 11:32 PM
tx, I would be happy with that.

I just said i cant afford it this year, its to much, she goes, if we cn work with you, would you be interested in it. lol i said possibly. Then she worked her "magic" haha

pfft, i am in Cali.

Bob Dole
08-18-2011, 07:10 AM
So Bob Dole calls to cancel, and after 6 minutes of voice menus, gets hung up on. Grrrr.

Bob Dole
08-18-2011, 07:18 AM
Only offered $120 off, and Bob Dole told them to shove it up their ass.

Bob Dole hopes they enjoy losing a 10 year customer over their greed. Sunday Ticket was the only reason Bob Dole had DTV, and the local cable service is about a third the monthly cost.

eazyb81
08-18-2011, 07:26 AM
Not Sunday Ticket, but I just called Comcast to complain about my bill and got $100 off per month plus all the movie channels and an increase in internet speed from 12 to 20 mbps.

All you have to do is call and say you are thinking about switching to U-Verse. They can afford to do it because they realize 50% of people are too lazy to actually call and complain, so they keep paying their ridiculously high bill.

KCFalcon59
08-18-2011, 07:32 AM
Only offered $120 off, and Bob Dole told them to shove it up their ass.

Bob Dole hopes they enjoy losing a 10 year customer over their greed. Sunday Ticket was the only reason Bob Dole had DTV, and the local cable service is about a third the monthly cost.

I'd call them again. I called last week and only got offered the $120 off. Told them I would think about it and call back. Called last night. They offered half off ST. Told them that was still too high. Then they offered $120 for ST plus gave me 6 mo. of $10 off. They threw in a 2nd HDDVR for a different room at no cost, plus they are hooking both DVR's to the internet free. I know I can do that, but they are going to run the cable and that is worth it to me. Plus ST to go on top of that.

I think I got a decent deal. I started out telling them I only got DTV due to ST and that due to the economy it was either give up DTV or they would have to sweeten the deal they offered earlier.

J Diddy
08-18-2011, 07:50 AM
Ahhhh, yes, Direct tv. Signed up for new service Monday. They told me it will be the 12th of September before they could do a new install. Stupid tornado.

Mr. Laz
08-18-2011, 09:39 AM
got $20 off monthly bill

btw 2nd conversation got $20 off monthly bill for full year, instead of 6 months, plus upgraded to next channel package.

:shrug:

HoneyBadger
08-22-2011, 04:31 PM
Just got sunday ticket free, bitches!

I just told them Time Warner was cheaper and was going to go with them, if DTV could not lower my rate. They took $25 off my bill and ST for free just to keep me from walking.

malachi47000
08-23-2011, 11:18 AM
Hey, I am contemplating switching from cable to Direct TV. It has a pretty good deal going on and I am about to pull the trigger. Have to ask this though, does anyone have any issues with them that would make me want to keep cable and how bad does the signal get during bad weather? Thanks in advance for any advice.

Also how "cheap" is their equipment? is it worth the "insurance"?

SuperChief
08-23-2011, 11:35 AM
Hey, I am contemplating switching from cable to Direct TV. It has a pretty good deal going on and I am about to pull the trigger. Have to ask this though, does anyone have any issues with them that would make me want to keep cable and how bad does the signal get during bad weather? Thanks in advance for any advice.

Check your inbox.

chief52
08-24-2011, 06:07 PM
Called them today. They transferred me to their specialist. Got $150 off...$25 a month for 6 months. That'll work. No arguing or haggling. Maybe I could have gotten more, but it was quick and easy.

Daxman
08-26-2011, 08:16 AM
Thanks to you guys I was able to get it for free!

I followed your posts and called them. I just asked them nice and after subscribing to the NFL Sunday Ticket To Go for $9.99 for 5 months they gave me Sunday Ticket for free!

I am also getting $10.00 off/mo. For 6 months which makes my subscription free.

I am glad that I came to the forum before the season started, now I can watch my Chiefs every weekend!

DTLB58
08-26-2011, 02:34 PM
I got my Sunday Ticket for $120 off. So $198 instead of $323. 6 Payments @ $33 and Sunday Ticket mobile for Free. Which imo should be included anyways.
I'ts good to have in case a storm moves through and knocks the dish out I can pull the games up online.

Also, I had another dvr installed (both dvr and install for free) about a month ago and the installer was a major dick! So I complained about that and they gave me another $60 off. :D So now i'm down to $138, not bad, divided by 17 weeks $8.11 a week to watch all the games. :clap:

HoneyBadger
08-26-2011, 02:42 PM
I got my Sunday Ticket for $120 off. So $198 instead of $323. 6 Payments @ $33 and Sunday Ticket mobile for Free. Which imo should be included anyways.
I'ts good to have in case a storm moves through and knocks the dish out I can pull the games up online.

Also, I had another dvr installed (both dvr and install for free) about a month ago and the installer was a major dick! So I complained about that and they gave me another $60 off. :D So now i'm down to $138, not bad, divided by 17 weeks $8.11 a week to watch all the games. :clap:

Mine was still free. That comes out to $0/month or $0/week, depending on how you do the math.

SuperChief
08-26-2011, 02:49 PM
Don't know what the deal is - I called them twice and complained about a few things (inlcuding Sunday Ticket), and they STILL wouldn't do a damn thing. Pisses me off . . . I wanted ST for free.

DaFace
08-26-2011, 02:53 PM
Don't know what the deal is - I called them twice and complained about a few things (inlcuding Sunday Ticket), and they STILL wouldn't do a damn thing. Pisses me off . . . I wanted ST for free.

It's pretty hit or miss. Sometimes you get a rep who will go all out, sometimes they won't do anything. All you can do is keep trying.

I DO think that they go off of some components of your account, so if you're already getting new customer discounts of some sort, they might not be as willing to budge.

ModSocks
08-26-2011, 02:54 PM
Latest Offer I got from them was a free HD DVR hardware upgrade w/ a $15 credit for the first 3 months and then a $5.00 credit for the next 9 months.

Basically I upgraded to HD DVR, got the new dish installed free of charge, and I am paying $15 LESS on my monthly bill for the first 3 months..and then the HD service is only 5 bucks a month after that for the next year.

Pretty good considering I thought I'd get NONE of that...

Mr. Laz
08-26-2011, 02:58 PM
btw is the monthly price for Directv HD more than their SD service? Or is it just the cost of the equipment?

HoneyBadger
08-26-2011, 02:58 PM

When you call in the automated voice thing will ask what you need, say "cancel service". It will ask you again what you need, say "cancel service". This gets you to the representative who will be able to make deals to keep you around.

Tell them At&t has a deal for 41.99 for Directv and Sunday ticket. They will say it is for new customers only. Counter that and say since they can't match that deal you're looking at switching to (insert local carrier).

This is when they start giving you offers. It will start with $10 off a month. Tell them it is still cheaper to switch to the new company.... then they will offer you even better deals.

http://www.att.com/gen/general?pid=11096

ModSocks
08-26-2011, 03:08 PM
btw is the monthly price for Directv HD more than their SD service? Or is it just the cost of the equipment?

I think the additional cost is the service. I vaguely remember though so I could be wrong.

ModSocks
08-26-2011, 03:11 PM
When you call in the automated voice thing will ask what you need, say "cancel service". It will ask you again what you need, say "cancel service". This gets you to the representative who will be able to make deals to keep you around.

Tell them At&t has a deal for 41.99 for Directv and Sunday ticket. They will say it is for new customers only. Counter that and say since they can't match that deal you're looking at switching to (insert local carrier).

This is when they start giving you offers. It will start with $10 off a month. Tell them it is still cheaper to switch to the new company.... then they will offer you even better deals.

http://www.att.com/gen/general?pid=11096

I've tried this before. It still varies on who you get. They damn near called my bluff.

It makes for a strange situation when you call and say, "I wanna cancel my service becuase I can get X Cheaper"

And they respond back, "OK".

The Franchise
08-26-2011, 03:12 PM
I've tried this before. It still varies on who you get. They damn near called my bluff.

It makes for a strange situation when you call and say, "I wanna cancel my service becuase I can get X Cheaper"

And they respond back, "OK".

Thats when you ask to speak to their supervisor.

BossChief
08-26-2011, 04:03 PM
Thats when you ask to speak to their supervisor.

this, but be nice in doing so.

The Franchise
08-26-2011, 04:04 PM
this, but be nice in doing so.

Oh yeah.....I'm never an asshole when I'm on the phone with them.

BossChief
08-26-2011, 04:15 PM
keys to having DTV work with you....pay your bill on time every month and never be over the top rude to people on the phone because it only takes them a couple seconds to note your account and then every person that ever brings your account up will be able to read that and they will be less likely to work with you.

Its almost like the doctor episode of Seinfeld when they keep noting her charts.

KChiefs1
08-26-2011, 05:31 PM
Got ST free & they are crediting my acct $20 a month for a year! So I save $20/month + Sunday Ticket for free! Awesome!

Thanks to everyone or I wouldn't have done this!

BossChief
08-26-2011, 05:40 PM
Got ST free & they are crediting my acct $20 a month for a year! So I save $20/month + Sunday Ticket for free! Awesome!

ru sure you understood their offer correctly?

they may have given you the credit to offset most of the cost of the ST.

If you got both, KUDOS.

HoneyBadger
08-26-2011, 06:18 PM

Sweet. So I'm not the only one who got this.

Daxman
08-27-2011, 07:46 AM

I have the insurance but I also live in Florida so when a hurricane hits and need to realign or repair the antenna they come and do it. They have also replaced 3 receivers, no questions asked. I think is worthy.

KChiefs1
08-27-2011, 08:59 AM
ru sure you understood their offer correctly?

they may have given you the credit to offset most of the cost of the ST.

If you got both, KUDOS.

I got it completely...they already did the $20 credit on this month's bill & I'll know about the free ST when I get confirmation or it will just be there on the 11th.

chief52
08-27-2011, 09:06 AM

Are you sure about that? Free ticket and $240 off? I call BS on that one.

Well, I guess if you have all the packages and are paying a couple hundred a month...Ticket and a couple hundred would not be too big of deal.

Manila-Chief
03-01-2012, 01:54 PM
DTV gave me a special offer back in July/Aug. ... I think it was Starz plus MLB for a 1 time $10 charge. I enjoyed watching those young Royal stars. Called this A.M. ... first talked with a customer support guy ... told him due to cut in our income I wanted to cancel the auto renewal of MLB ... he patched me over to a lady ... told her same story ... she offered me $10 off the $34.99 for 6 months price and asked if that was enough to keep me ... I said no and she then said suppose I take $20 off ... I know I'm not a math whiz but it seems like I'm getting it for $14.00 for 6 payments = $89.94. Now I have something to do this summer!!! :)