PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs OT David Mims

acarter25
07-25-2011, 09:50 PM
Rumored to have landed him, anyone know anymore?

Titty Meat
07-25-2011, 09:50 PM
Since when did undrafted rookies get there own thread?

doomy3
07-25-2011, 09:51 PM

SINCE THEY'RE 6'8" AND 344 POUNDS!!

milkman
07-25-2011, 09:52 PM

Since Skip skipped, and dumbass n00bs are allowed the run of the place.

Bump
Since when did undrafted rookies get their own thread?

FYP :thumb:

acarter25
Since we've been on lockout for 4 months with nothing.

acarter25
07-25-2011, 09:53 PM

Good one. I suppose you came up with that all on your own?

Titty Meat
07-25-2011, 09:54 PM
SINCE THEY'RE 6'8" AND 344 POUNDS!!

Cool maybe he'll count as 2 players against the 90 man training camp roster.

doomy3
07-25-2011, 09:56 PM
Cool maybe he'll count as 2 players against the 90 man training camp roster.

HOW ELSE ARE WE GOING TO FILL THE ROSTER??? ALL THESE OTHER TEAMS ARE GOING TO FILL THEIR ROSTERS WITH UDFAS AND WE AREN'T!!

BossChief
07-25-2011, 09:57 PM
Mods:

I have a small request.

Can we take thread starting privileges away from the people that start dumb shit threads like this one.

This is just a small taste of what is to come over the next couple weeks and its already old.

Hopefully one of you reads this.

Thanks

Dave Lane
07-25-2011, 09:59 PM
Depending on the timeline you're reading, it's possible that NFL teams could be allowed to negotiate contracts with undrafted free agents as early as Monday afternoon. We went into the guys we see as the best UDFAs on offense and defense, but I wanted to add a couple more detailed scouting reports.

This one is on Virginia Union offensive tackle David Mims, who has the size and strength to do things in the NFL. Of course, the difficulty in scouting players from very small schools is in isolating skill sets and setting aside the fact that their competition is rarely top-notch. In addition, position coaches are often pulling double- or triple-duty, which means that these players aren't always up on the fine points of their positions. Mims has some of these issues, but he should be intriguing to many teams looking to stock the right side offensive line with a project power tackle.

6-foot-8, 331 pounds -- 40 Yrd Dash:*5.32/20 Yrd Dash:*3.07/10 Yrd Dash:*1.90/225 Lb. Bench Reps:*29/Vertical Jump:*26/Broad Jump:*08'06"/20 Yrd Shuttle:*4.80/3-Cone Drill:*8.10
(All Pro Day — no combine)
Pass blocking: Keeps his feet active and his head on a swivel out of the stance. Good kick-step and dropback; has the feet and agility for this to be more of a strength than it is.Tends to stab and push at smaller, overmatched pass rushers instead of getting his hands on the defender and taking him back through the arc. When he does face a speed rusher with a decent turn-and-go, Mims is not always quick enough to set the edge all the way through, and he will lose sacks and pressures on the back half of the pocket.
When blocking wide, can get beaten on inside moves; doesn't always have the quickness to recover from an initial stance concept. Tends to shove his first blocker out of the way in an almost comical "college vs. high school" way and doesn't always play to the whistle as a result. Gets his arms out and avoids defenders getting into his body.
Run blocking: Keeps a good pop off the snap and is generally looking to block another defender as he's already engaging one — this is another mechanical byproduct of the fact that he simply physically overwhelms his competition. Not challenged nearly enough from a power perspective to know what will happen in the NFL when he's facing people as strong as he is or stronger.
Plays high off the snap and will lose leverage battles until he learns to explode lower. Doesn't always persist to set the edge on longer plays from cutback or misdirection runs. Doesn't always play with optimal awareness — tends to lock on to his target and seems oblivious to defenders shooting right by him, though this could very easily be the product of the blockers around him.
Pulling/Trapping: Not really asked to pull; was more a stationary blocker. Has sufficient lateral movement ability to make short tackle pulls if properly coached.
Initial quickness: Comes out of his (three-point) stance reasonably quickly for his size and has a good, wide base. Takes too long to get up to speed, though — he tends to be logey with his first few steps.
Downfield: Slightly faster when he is asked to hit the second level; Mims moves through the line aggressively and hits the target accurately.
Intangibles: No known character or injury concerns. Performed at his pro day at 331 pounds after playing at around 350 pounds most of his career. Several NFL teams showed pre-draft interest in Mims, but he is very much a "raw clay" prospect — he needs a lot of coaching starting from the base attributes needed to succeed in the NFL. Optimally a right tackle at the next level, Mims intrigues with his size and athletic potential, but he's very much a work in progress.
Pro comparison: Stephon Heyer(notes), Washington Redskins*
Related: Washington Redskins

acarter25
07-25-2011, 10:01 PM
Mods:

I have a small request.

Can we take thread starting privileges away from the people that start dumb shit threads like this one.

This is just a small taste of what is to come over the next couple weeks and its already old.

Hopefully one of you reads this.

Thanks

What the hell is wrong with you people? We have literally no football related action for the last 4 months and something finally comes up and all you can do is cry about where it was posted and OMG he only has 70 posts. I could give 2 shits about how many posts I have, it may not make me as cool as you in the world, but it sure as hell has nothing to do with how bad i love my chiefs or want to talk my team.. Hell i wouldnt mind getting my thread starting privileges taken away, what the hell good does it do to start a thread when all you get is a bunch of whiny little girls who cry because the thread isnt made by someone who has over 15,000 posts.

doomy3
07-25-2011, 10:02 PM
What the hell is wrong with you people? We have literally no football related action for the last 4 months and something finally comes up and all you can do is cry about where it was posted and OMG he only has 70 posts. I could give 2 shits about how many posts I have, it may not make me as cool as you in the world, but it sure as hell has nothing to do with how bad i love my chiefs or want to talk my team.. Hell i wouldnt mind getting my thread starting privileges taken away, what the hell good does it do to start a thread when all you get is a bunch of whiny little girls who cry because the thread isnt made by someone who has over 15,000 posts.

Yeah!

acarter25
07-25-2011, 10:02 PM
Depending on the timeline you're reading, it's possible that NFL teams could be allowed to negotiate contracts with undrafted free agents as early as Monday afternoon. We went into the guys we see as the best UDFAs on offense and defense, but I wanted to add a couple more detailed scouting reports.

This one is on Virginia Union offensive tackle David Mims, who has the size and strength to do things in the NFL. Of course, the difficulty in scouting players from very small schools is in isolating skill sets and setting aside the fact that their competition is rarely top-notch. In addition, position coaches are often pulling double- or triple-duty, which means that these players aren't always up on the fine points of their positions. Mims has some of these issues, but he should be intriguing to many teams looking to stock the right side offensive line with a project power tackle.

6-foot-8, 331 pounds -- 40 Yrd Dash:*5.32/20 Yrd Dash:*3.07/10 Yrd Dash:*1.90/225 Lb. Bench Reps:*29/Vertical Jump:*26/Broad Jump:*08'06"/20 Yrd Shuttle:*4.80/3-Cone Drill:*8.10
(All Pro Day — no combine)
Pass blocking: Keeps his feet active and his head on a swivel out of the stance. Good kick-step and dropback; has the feet and agility for this to be more of a strength than it is.Tends to stab and push at smaller, overmatched pass rushers instead of getting his hands on the defender and taking him back through the arc. When he does face a speed rusher with a decent turn-and-go, Mims is not always quick enough to set the edge all the way through, and he will lose sacks and pressures on the back half of the pocket.
When blocking wide, can get beaten on inside moves; doesn't always have the quickness to recover from an initial stance concept. Tends to shove his first blocker out of the way in an almost comical "college vs. high school" way and doesn't always play to the whistle as a result. Gets his arms out and avoids defenders getting into his body.
Run blocking: Keeps a good pop off the snap and is generally looking to block another defender as he's already engaging one — this is another mechanical byproduct of the fact that he simply physically overwhelms his competition. Not challenged nearly enough from a power perspective to know what will happen in the NFL when he's facing people as strong as he is or stronger.
Plays high off the snap and will lose leverage battles until he learns to explode lower. Doesn't always persist to set the edge on longer plays from cutback or misdirection runs. Doesn't always play with optimal awareness — tends to lock on to his target and seems oblivious to defenders shooting right by him, though this could very easily be the product of the blockers around him.
Pulling/Trapping: Not really asked to pull; was more a stationary blocker. Has sufficient lateral movement ability to make short tackle pulls if properly coached.
Initial quickness: Comes out of his (three-point) stance reasonably quickly for his size and has a good, wide base. Takes too long to get up to speed, though — he tends to be logey with his first few steps.
Downfield: Slightly faster when he is asked to hit the second level; Mims moves through the line aggressively and hits the target accurately.
Intangibles: No known character or injury concerns. Performed at his pro day at 331 pounds after playing at around 350 pounds most of his career. Several NFL teams showed pre-draft interest in Mims, but he is very much a "raw clay" prospect — he needs a lot of coaching starting from the base attributes needed to succeed in the NFL. Optimally a right tackle at the next level, Mims intrigues with his size and athletic potential, but he's very much a work in progress.
Pro comparison: Stephon Heyer(notes), Washington Redskins*
Related: Washington Redskins

Finally, someone wants to talk football, thank you sir. I got the update from an app on my phone, said he was projected a 5th or 6th but slipped out. He got ranked 20th tackle in the draft. I guess its worth a shot!

Okie_Apparition
07-25-2011, 10:05 PM
Oh No! I have a dicknose & found out I can lick my balls

milkman
07-25-2011, 10:05 PM
Finally, someone wants to talk football, thank you sir.

Most of us are worried you'd get football stuck in your vagina.

acarter25
07-25-2011, 10:06 PM
Most of us are worried you'd get football stuck in your vagina.

yep, makes sense really. I appreciate your thoughtfulness

TimeForWasp
07-25-2011, 10:08 PM
I'm not familiar with twitter, but have been searching and there are people being signed left and right, just wish I could pin down the best source.

MIAdragon
Good one. I suppose you came up with that all on your own?

dont poke the bear n00b.

milkman
yep, makes sense really. I appreciate your thoughtfulness

Finally, someone recognizes that I am a thoughtful asshole.

acarter25
07-25-2011, 10:09 PM
I'm not familiar with twitter, but have been searching and there are people being signed left and right, just wish I could pin down the best source.

I'm with ya there, not real good with Twitter either.

dirk digler
Don't pay attention to them acarter. Keep starting threads it is all good

And milkman is old and grumpy

acarter25

I do my best sir..

doomy3

Twitter is the best source. Get familiar with it.

milkman
07-25-2011, 10:10 PM
Twitter is the best source. Get familiar with it.

Don't tell me what to do, you twit!

BossChief
07-25-2011, 10:11 PM
we try to do it different here

Get it all into one thread so the opening post gets updated from its information.

If we start a thread for every UDFA and fodder signing we will make over the next two weeks and beyond...this place is gonna a lot harder to find information on.

Some words of advice if you plan to stick around...

thicken your skin

n00b

acarter25
07-25-2011, 10:11 PM

haha thanks man. I'm not typically a thread stater, just a reader.

ZootedGranny
07-25-2011, 10:12 PM
I have no idea why the Chiefs would sign the "This is Why I'm Hot (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwyE3WJ4AWo)" dude.

RealSNR
07-25-2011, 10:12 PM
I don't really see the big deal. The UDFA thread is garbage. Nobody updated the OP, so it's impossible to see who the Chiefs signed.

milkman
07-25-2011, 10:13 PM

Hey wait.

I'm just giving him shit.

Hell, I actually like this guy.

I think he'll be just fine.

doomy3
I don't really see the big deal. The UDFA thread is garbage. Nobody updated the OP, so it's impossible to see who the Chiefs signed.

That's because they only signed two guys. We could easily start threads for all their UDFA signings.

acarter25

Get it all into one thread so the opening post gets updated from its information.

If we start a thread for every UDFA and fodder signing we will make over the next two weeks and beyond...this place is gonna a lot harder to find information on.

thicken your skin

n00b

I hear ya, just got all jittery because we finally got something going on I suppose.

I'm somewhat familiar with the folders, advice taken.

Okie_Apparition
Traffic cop abuse

acarter25
07-25-2011, 10:15 PM
Hey wait.

YES :hail:

RealSNR
07-25-2011, 10:15 PM
Hey wait.

I think he'll be just fine.It's like breaking in a new baseball glove

acarter25
07-25-2011, 10:16 PM
It's like breaking in a new baseball glove

Throw me under the tires a few times. Just get it out of your system.

MIAdragon

LMAO

milkman

Spit on it a couple of times, and it's good.

Micjones
07-25-2011, 10:21 PM
This organization seems to have a thing for players with natural physical talent that need to be "coached up". It's not a bad idea if you have a coaching staff that can do that.

aturnis
07-25-2011, 10:24 PM

thicken your skin

n00b

That has happened like literally 5 times. Go over to the UDFA and FA threads, last I checked, no updates...

For some, the lounge is where they get all of the information they need. Sorry Boss, I just get so sick of hearing "REPOST!" or something just as stupid when something is buried on the 13th page of a thread...

Stinger
07-25-2011, 10:25 PM

:facepalm: :facepalm:

MIAdragon
07-25-2011, 10:27 PM

No then you pound it with a bat and tie it up then throw it under your mattress.

MIAdragon
07-25-2011, 10:28 PM
This organization seems to have a thing for players with natural physical talent that need to be "coached up". It's not a bad idea if you have a coaching staff that can do that.

Ill take any talent that wants to come here.

RealSNR
07-25-2011, 10:40 PM
Ill take any talent that wants to come here.This. acarter25 has a lot of potential, and his lack of posts at least means that he hasn't learned the wrong things.

Some tuning up and he might amount to something

acarter25
07-25-2011, 10:42 PM
This. acarter25 has a lot of potential, and his lack of posts at least means that he hasn't learned the wrong things.

PBJ

dirk digler
07-25-2011, 10:46 PM
Hey wait.

My bad.

acarter milkman is a nice man but he is still old

acarter25
07-25-2011, 10:56 PM
This. acarter25 has a lot of potential, and his lack of posts at least means that he hasn't learned the wrong things.

If I knew anything about gifs "so you're tellin me there's a chance" would be all over this.

BossChief
07-26-2011, 12:02 AM
haha

you guys made this guy shoot his liquid kids all over the screen about five times.

RealSNR
07-26-2011, 12:09 AM
haha

you guys made this guy shoot his liquid kids all over the screen about five times.Dude, you're the Gunther Cunningham of n00b development. You know absolutely nothing about it. 2008? You're practically a n00b yourself.

Dirk, aturnis, milkman and I are the experts here. Go get your own message board with your own n00bs if you think you can do better.

BossChief
07-26-2011, 12:10 AM
ROFL

Rausch
07-26-2011, 02:53 AM

Yeah I.......whut?

Hog's Gone Fishin
07-26-2011, 05:20 AM

thicken your skin

n00b

Oh, I long for the day that I pull up the front page and every thread is about the Chiefs !

KCUnited
07-26-2011, 05:28 AM
Can we get a sticky for this?

ct
07-26-2011, 05:33 AM

Yes, this

Quesadilla Joe
07-26-2011, 05:37 AM
Virginia Union offensive tackle David Mims agreed to terms with Kansas City Chiefs. One of the better undrafted guys visited Ravens predrafthttps://twitter.com/RavensInsider/status/95818055824838656

ThatRaceCardGuy
07-26-2011, 05:45 AM

:rolleyes:Shut up old man..no one cares what the funk you think, stop crying, drink your insure, and once you have a bowl movement take your ass to bed..:doh!:..no one wants to hear your stories about how it was, all we want to know is when are you going to stfu already Myron.:harumph:

ChiefMojo
07-26-2011, 05:47 AM
Yup, was about to post... looks like he has now agreed to the Chiefs for sure now.

bevischief
07-26-2011, 07:42 AM
Who let the noobs out?

durtyrute
07-26-2011, 08:00 AM

That's what she said.......ewwwww

MIAdragon
07-26-2011, 08:20 AM
That's what she said.......ewwwww

dude dont EVER do that to a chick, it ONLY work in pr0n. Trust me.

tooge
07-26-2011, 08:22 AM
acarter25, thanks for the update. Don't listen to any blowhards that tell you how worthless your thread was. Afterall, we've been reading FMK type threads for the last 4 months and a bunch of homer crap from knowmo.

BossChief
07-26-2011, 09:09 AM
yeah, I was celebrating and got drunk and was just fucking with people last night.

If anyone deserves a little chat, its Billay.

Why start the FA thread if you arent gonna update the op at all?

OnTheWarpath15
07-26-2011, 09:15 AM
yeah, I was celebrating and got drunk and was just fucking with people last night.

What is there to update?

Teams can't sign FA's until Friday night.

The UDFA's are in another thread.

Titty Meat
07-26-2011, 09:19 AM
yeah, I was celebrating and got drunk and was just ****ing with people last night.

Huh? The Free agent thread is different than the ufda thread. BTW read the op I did update it with an official list of free agents.

BossChief
07-26-2011, 09:26 AM
Well, whoever runs that thread hasnt updated it either.

Im gonna go take some aleve.

Tribal Warfare
07-26-2011, 09:44 AM
<div style="background-color:#<div style="padding:4px;"><embed src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:cms:item:southparkstudios.com:307799" width="360" height="293" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" base="." flashVars=""></embed><p style="text-align:left;background-color:#

Hydrae
07-26-2011, 10:48 AM
That has happened like literally 5 times. Go over to the UDFA and FA threads, last I checked, no updates...

For some, the lounge is where they get all of the information they need. Sorry Boss, I just get so sick of hearing "REPOST!" or something just as stupid when something is buried on the 13th page of a thread...

This

durtyrute
07-26-2011, 11:07 AM
dude dont EVER do that to a chick, it ONLY work in pr0n. Trust me.

ROFL