PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Would you rather have Cassel or Kolb?

MoreLemonPledge
07-28-2011, 01:25 PM
There's a shit ton of Cassel hate here, but I figured I would ask a valid question.

Including compensation (they're getting paid roughly the same amount), would you rather trade a 2nd round pick for Cassel and Vrabel, or trade Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie and a 2nd round pick for Kolb?

I know what I would choose, and it's not even close.

Mr. Laz
07-28-2011, 01:27 PM
So FAR ...... Cassel is better and cheaper

they are paying for potential and Kolb's potential is better than Cassel's

DTLB58
07-28-2011, 01:28 PM
Cassel.

Kolb got famous by carving up a horable Chiefs D one afternoon in Philly.
He goes from undeniable the starter for Andy Reid last year to tradeable this year? No thanks. :shake:

ModSocks
07-28-2011, 01:29 PM
The question should be....

Would you rather trade a 2nd and Brandon Flowers for Cassel

or

a 2nd for Kolb and some old broke dick Eagles Linbacker.

MoreLemonPledge
07-28-2011, 01:30 PM

Would you rather trade a 2nd and Brandon Flowers for Cassel

or

a 2nd for Kolb and some old broke dick Eagles Linbacker.

Could be, but I wanted the comparison to be in absolutes.

Rausch
Kolb, and I'd trade a 3rd...

Mr. Laz

Would you rather trade a 2nd and Brandon Flowers for Kolb

or

a 2nd for Cassel and some old broke dick Eagles Linbacker.
um, don't you have that reversed?

MoreLemonPledge
07-28-2011, 01:33 PM
Kolb, and I'd trade a 3rd...

That's not the question. I'm basically asking who got the better deal, the Chiefs or the Cardinals.

keg in kc
07-28-2011, 01:35 PM
Neither.

Rausch
That's not the question. I'm basically asking who got the better deal, the Chiefs or the Cardinals.

What did the Tards give?

I don't have all day here, I check in for the info...

Rams Fan
Kolb couldn't do shit with the weapons the Eagles had, but at least Cassel could do some shit with the weapons that the Patriots had.

BWillie
Cassel. More proven. Kolb could end up being worse than Brodie Croyle.

MoreLemonPledge
07-28-2011, 01:37 PM
What did the Tards give?

I don't have all day here, I check in for the info...

Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie and a 2012 2nd round pick. Signed Kolb to a 5 yr, $63 million contract.

Rausch
07-28-2011, 01:37 PM
Kolb could end up being worse than Brodie Croyle.

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5hfYJsQAhl0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DeezNutz
07-28-2011, 01:38 PM
We could hit the ground running with Cassel.

Otter
07-28-2011, 01:38 PM
Because of his experience with the team Cassel.

Three years ago, hands down, Kolb. That guys got a lot of talent that's been sitting on the sidelines for way too long.

Brock
07-28-2011, 01:39 PM
I like Kolb, but he's even less proven than Cassel was.

OnTheWarpath15
07-28-2011, 01:41 PM
Neither.

Finally, a correct answer.

Rausch
07-28-2011, 01:41 PM
Because of his experience with the team Cassel.

Three years ago, hands down, Kolb. That guys got a lot of talent that's been sitting on the sidelines for way too long.

He's raw and has SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooo MUCH more of an arm.

MoreLemonPledge
07-28-2011, 01:44 PM
He's raw and has SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooo MUCH more of an arm.

I hope you're joking.

Thig Lyfe
07-28-2011, 01:52 PM
Thigpen

Reerun_KC
07-28-2011, 01:53 PM
Thigpen

Is that dude even still in the league?

OnTheWarpath15
07-28-2011, 01:54 PM
Is that dude even still in the league?

Just signed a 3-year deal with Buffalo.

Chan loves him some Thiggy.

Reerun_KC
07-28-2011, 01:55 PM

I stand corrected...

You go Thiggy boy, get you some channy chowder...

Thig Lyfe
07-28-2011, 02:01 PM
See, Buffalo is a team on the rise.

Reerun_KC
07-28-2011, 02:08 PM
See, Buffalo is a team on the rise.

you fucking asshole... I just spit water through my nose....

Bowser
07-28-2011, 02:09 PM

Odds Chan breaks out the WR optin flea flicker to Thighumper this year?

ChiefsCountry
07-28-2011, 02:10 PM
Neither.

This.

Reerun_KC
07-28-2011, 02:11 PM
Take Cassel and its not even a question....

Now would I replace Cassel with an upgrade, absolutely, but there isnt anything walking through the door or on the market to replace him.

DTLB58
07-28-2011, 02:14 PM
Odds Chan breaks out the WR optin flea flicker to Thighumper this year?

We will get to watch it week 1 :thumb:

wazu
07-28-2011, 02:25 PM
Cassel. I used to think Kolb was gonna be good, but the drop-off was so incredibly dramatic once he came into the game. When Cassel came in for Brady it was a drop off as well, but not a horrific, season-changing-all-by-itself dropoff.

Demonpenz
07-28-2011, 02:28 PM
I also wanted Vick. I was glad to see him go to the Eagles.

Rausch
07-28-2011, 02:48 PM
I hope you're joking.

Cassel has NO ****ing arm.

No bullet, no gun, no squat.

He's a flailing nanny with respectable protection...

MoreLemonPledge
07-28-2011, 02:49 PM
Cassel has NO fucking arm.

No bullet, not gun, no squat.

He's a flailing nanny with respectable protection...

Neither does Kolb...

Rasputin
07-28-2011, 02:49 PM
I don't care, just ready for Ricky Stanzi to get his start.

If it was a redo three years ago would of rather have Kolb than Cassel.

Now Cassel just has to do good enough to buy time for Ricky Stanzi to get himself ready to take over the starting job. It's all good from here.

Rausch
07-28-2011, 02:51 PM
Neither does Kolb...

You clearly haven't watched him and I'm not going to bother to dissuade you...

Moron...

Demonpenz
07-28-2011, 02:55 PM
Remember that old poweraid commercial with Vick in it that showed how strong his arm was? I know it was probably fake, but he through it right through that German Sheperd

MoreLemonPledge
07-28-2011, 02:58 PM
You clearly haven't watched him and I'm not going to bother to dissuade you...

Moron...

6.4 yards/attempt with arguably the best deep threat in the game. What an arm.

Deberg_1990
07-28-2011, 03:19 PM
Croyle, Thigpen or Huard

Ming the Merciless
07-28-2011, 03:32 PM
We shouldve kept the 2nd rounder and picked up another dex mcluster 5'7" RB

BigMeatballDave
07-28-2011, 04:08 PM
Aaron Rogers

RealSNR
07-28-2011, 04:17 PM
I've always thought Kolb was a smelly turd, so I guess I'll take the cheaper more polished turd in Cassel.

Truthfully I think Arizona should have opted for someone in free agency. Maybe Hasselbeck or even Vince Young. And if that doesn't work out, too bad. Andrew Luck if your only consolation prize. Sorry, it's the best we could do.

listopencil
07-28-2011, 05:38 PM
Kolb.

Hammock Parties
07-28-2011, 05:39 PM
Kolb, he's more talented...in the end I believe he'll be the better player.

Hammock Parties
07-28-2011, 05:42 PM
6.4 yards/attempt with arguably the best deep threat in the game. What an arm.

He throws lasers. He has an outstanding arm.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/EigmED50nXo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

TRR
07-28-2011, 05:52 PM
Kolb's arm strength has been questioned as much as Cassel's in Eagles land. Kolb struggles to throw the 20 yard in that McNabb was known for in Philly, and Kolb's accuracy deep has always been in question.

A highlight video isn't going to change my mind. Kolb hasn't done half of what Cassel has already proven.

Cassel > Kolb

And the idiots talking about waiting for Ricky Stanzi?? LOL...You'll pass out if you hold your breath waiting.
Posted via Mobile Device

Fritz88
07-28-2011, 06:01 PM
Cassel, just because it would piss some people here off.

Hammock Parties
07-28-2011, 06:05 PM
Kolb's arm strength has been questioned as much as Cassel's in Eagles land.

That's not a highlight video. That's Kolb throwing a ball shot out of a cannon 50 yards in the air.

Kolb's arm blows away Cassel's. It's not close.

I do agree Cassel has done more. But Kolb has more potential based on the fact he is more talented by FAR.

chiefzilla1501
07-28-2011, 06:07 PM
I still feel like Kolb is going to be a good NFL QB. From the games I saw, he got absolutely shitty pass protection from his o-line. Vick was a better QB for the job, but that's because he doesn't need the offensive line as much.

I think Kolb is going to be a better QB than Cassel.

notorious
07-28-2011, 06:09 PM
Kolb doesn't stand a chance.

RealSNR
07-28-2011, 06:14 PM
http://fantasyknuckleheads.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/kevin-kolb.jpg

Dude's an ugly ass futher-mucker too.

And don't give me that whole, "I don't care what my QB looks like as long as he's good." Kolb isn't good, so your point is moot

Hammock Parties
07-28-2011, 06:16 PM
He has one of those "bro" faces. I bet he owns several affliction shirts.

http://cdn.sportsoverdose.com/thumbs/kevin-kolb-4-nfl.jpg

Rasputin
07-28-2011, 06:23 PM
Kolb's arm strength has been questioned as much as Cassel's in Eagles land. Kolb struggles to throw the 20 yard in that McNabb was known for in Philly, and Kolb's accuracy deep has always been in question.

A highlight video isn't going to change my mind. Kolb hasn't done half of what Cassel has already proven.

Cassel > Kolb

And the idiots talking about waiting for Ricky Stanzi?? LOL...You'll pass out if you hold your breath waiting.
Posted via Mobile Device

LOL not holding my breath, but figure what the hell, he has upside with a college career behind him and a professional career ahead of him. More than any thing Cassel had when we got him.

Cassel isn't more than Huard the 2nd. If I recall there was some love for Huard and he did have a few good games as well much like Cassel had last year but the same story is told. Both back up QBs filling in as starting by default.

Deberg_1990
07-28-2011, 06:25 PM
That's not a highlight video. That's Kolb throwing a ball shot out of a cannon 50 yards in the air.

Kolb's arm blows away Cassel's. It's not close.

I do agree Cassel has done more. But Kolb has more potential based on the fact he is more talented by FAR.

Everyone in the NFL has potential. Kolb needs to show me something in a full NFL season before i can crown his a$$.

Cassel > Kolb

BigMeatballDave
07-28-2011, 06:28 PM
http://fantasyknuckleheads.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/kevin-kolb.jpg

Dude's an ugly ass futher-mucker too.

And don't give me that whole, "I don't care what my QB looks like as long as he's good." Kolb isn't good, so your point is mootSo you're saying you wouldn't hit it?

RealSNR
07-28-2011, 06:30 PM
So you're saying you wouldn't hit it?I'd rather tap KurtCobain's mom

KCBOSS1
07-28-2011, 06:32 PM
Neither.

this

KCBOSS1
07-28-2011, 06:32 PM
McNabb

KCBOSS1
07-28-2011, 06:33 PM
I was at that game when McNabb and TO came in to KC and came back like 3 touchdowns in the second half and beat us....... McNabb

Dallas Chief
07-28-2011, 06:43 PM
Kolb is the Craig Whelihan of this decade. Completely lost. Watch.

lcarus
07-28-2011, 06:45 PM
Corn off the Kolb!

Pioli Zombie
07-28-2011, 06:48 PM
Why does everyone act like Kolb is Johnny fucking Unitas?

Ace Gunner
07-28-2011, 07:05 PM
Why does everyone act like Kolb is Johnny ****ing Unitas?

because they are idiots. Every shitty QB Andy Reid has in Philly has been coached up in a WCO by a very good coach. When these QB's go elsewhere..... ??? ya. oh shit.

Reaper16
07-28-2011, 07:16 PM
I'd rather have Cassel. And y'all know that I'm no fan of Cassel.

Cannibal
07-28-2011, 08:05 PM
Cassell is a swollen twaat.

He really is a bitch. There's no way around it.

Total wimp by any standard. As long as he is this team's trigger man we're doomed to fail.

Brock
07-28-2011, 08:09 PM

Total wimp by any standard. As long as he is this team's trigger man we're doomed to fail.

Nope, he is a tough dude. He just isn't all that talented.

BigMeatballDave
07-28-2011, 08:13 PM

Total wimp by any standard. As long as he is this team's trigger man we're doomed to fail.Moron. Congrats on Stupid Post of the day.

MadMax
07-28-2011, 08:19 PM
Just wait till thid year only then willl you gomers see what a POS he always will be :)

Cannibal
07-28-2011, 08:26 PM
Nope, he is a tough dude. He just isn't all that talented.

I have to disagree with you here. Cassel's Modus operandi is to stare down the pass rush rather than scanning down field because he's scared.

I'll admit that at points his protection left a lot to be desired, but he failed miserably to stand in the pocket in the face of adversity and deliver the football.

I believe the his lack of courage problem is exacerbated by his inaccuracy which causes him to take additional time to question when receivers are sufficiently open due to his inaccuracy. It's like a horrible catch 22.

There were several times last season in which he actually did have time and receivers were open, but he would hop up and down while patting the ball (in a very feminine fashion mind you) and fail yet again to find a receiver.

I think I may agree that he is tough physically in that he can take a hit. I'll admit that he took some brutal hits.

But is he tough mentally? Sorry, Lady Gaga has a tougher mental capacity.

chiefzilla1501
07-28-2011, 08:27 PM
I think Kolb is going to surprise a few people. I feel like he got a bad rep in Philly. A few subpar games and he got thrown under the bus a bit. Nevermind that he's still inexperienced and he had really horrendous pass protection from the games I saw.

I think he's going to do well in Arizona. He's nothing flashy, but I think he's a fundamentally solid Quarterback.

Brock
07-28-2011, 08:29 PM
I have to disagree with you here. Cassel's Modus operandi is to stare down the pass rush rather than scanning down field because he's scared.

I'll admit that at points his protection left a lot to be desired, but he failed miserably to stand in the pocket in the face of adversity and deliver the football.

I believe the his lack of courage problem is exacerbated by his inaccuracy which causes him to take additional time to question when receivers are sufficiently open due to his inaccuracy. It's like a horrible catch 22.

There were several times last season in which he actually did have time and receivers were open, but he would hop up and down while patting the ball (in a very feminine fashion mind you) and fail yet again to find a receiver.

I think I may agree that he is tough physically in that he can take a hit. I'll admit that he took some brutal hits.

But is he tough mentally? Sorry, Lady Gaga has a tougher mental capacity.

I agree with most of that. I just don't think "pussy" describes him.

Cannibal
07-28-2011, 08:42 PM
I agree with most of that. I just don't think "pussy" describes him.

Ok, I was overzealous. I admit that. But I've been drinking LOL.

CoMoChief
07-28-2011, 08:55 PM
I just don't think Cassel is a good QB.

He's nothing more than a game-managing QB, and even that, his completion % is not great at all. He ranks like 26 out of 32 starting QB's in that category. I sadly think that last season was a false sense of security for him. I hope he can improve this season and with the amount of weapons he has now, he has no excuses. NONE whatsoever.

Problem is I think his ceiling is only so high. Kolb has the better arm, better accuracy, just haven't seen him play enough. When Cassel steps back in the pocket, I get nervous.....all the time. Shouldn't be that way but I do. I just don't think he's a good QB. I'd take Kolb.

Cannibal
07-28-2011, 08:58 PM

He's nothing more than a game-managing QB, and even that, his completion % is not great at all. He ranks like 26 out of 32 starting QB's in that category. I sadly think that last season was a false sense of security for him. I hope he can improve this season and with the amount of weapons he has now, he has no excuses. NONE whatsoever.

Problem is I think his ceiling is only so high. Kolb has the better arm, better accuracy, just haven't seen him play enough. When Cassel steps back in the pocket, I get nervous.....all the time. Shouldn't be that way but I do. I just don't think he's a good QB. I'd take Kolb.

He'll hold this team back. There's no doubt about that.

MoreLemonPledge
07-28-2011, 10:22 PM
The Cassel hate on here is fucking hilarious. Talk to a fan of any team, and I bet more than half would take Cassel over their starter.

Make your excuses, but 27-7 TD-INT is good for ANY quarterback.

griZZly64
07-28-2011, 11:10 PM
GO CASSEL!! Woo

Dr. Johnny Fever
07-28-2011, 11:20 PM

Yeah but you're a well known idiot so... I'll take the guy with actual NFL experience running an offense and performing well enough to make the pro-bowl even if it was as a replacement. The grass isn't always greener.... unless you're a Chiefs fan and only pretend to know what you're talking about.

But lets choose Kolb and start from scratch. GENIOUS!

RealSNR
07-28-2011, 11:27 PM

Total wimp by any standard. As long as he is this team's trigger man we're doomed to fail.:eek:

And here all this time I thought you were a Broncos fan. No idea why I thought. Maybe it was a username I saw on the OrangeMane?

Apologies

Dr. Johnny Fever
07-28-2011, 11:33 PM

LMAO

It's always good to be able to separate the wheat from the chaf around here.

CoMoChief
07-28-2011, 11:59 PM
Yeah but you're a well known idiot so... I'll take the guy with actual NFL experience running an offense and performing well enough to make the pro-bowl even if it was as a replacement. The grass isn't always greener.... unless you're a Chiefs fan and only pretend to know what you're talking about.

But lets choose Kolb and start from scratch. GENIOUS!

It's a false sense of security......the players around MC make him better, not the other way around. Those kinda QB's win SB's. If you think MC can take us there then more power to you.....I don't however. Completing only 58% of your passes isn't good when you have the best running game in football.

salame
07-29-2011, 12:46 AM
I'd rather have Vince Young
or Matt Leinhart

BryanBusby
07-29-2011, 02:05 AM
or Matt Leinhart

jfc :facepalm:

MoreLemonPledge
07-29-2011, 03:06 AM
or Matt Leinhart

lol

BUT THEY WERE GOOD IN COLLEGE DAMMIT.

TimeForWasp
07-29-2011, 03:43 AM
Cassel for sure. shouldn't be any doubt.

FloridaMan88
07-29-2011, 05:53 AM
Kolb has started, what 4 NFL games... and one of those games was against the God awful 2009 Chiefs.

Also beware of QBs when they leave Andy Reid's QB-friendly confines (see McNabb, see AJ Feeley)

07-29-2011, 05:58 AM
I really get a kick out of all the love for Stanzi. I seem to remember that same love when we drafted Croyle too. We know how that turned out.

Until we see him in a game for a reasonable length of time with starters we will never know what we have in Stanzi.

Cannibal
07-29-2011, 07:08 AM
:eek:

And here all this time I thought you were a Broncos fan. No idea why I thought. Maybe it was a username I saw on the OrangeMane?

Apologies

Ha. Nah, just haven't been posting as much for awhile. Been pretty busy!

Cannibal
07-29-2011, 07:09 AM
LMAO

It's always good to be able to separate the wheat from the chaf around here.

It certainly is.... it certainly is.

warrior
07-29-2011, 10:16 AM
Cassel and its not even close.

Reerun_KC
07-29-2011, 10:41 AM
The grass is always green fans remind me of Dan Snyder....

MahiMike
07-29-2011, 10:52 AM
Good comparison. I'd say equal talent wise. Matt has displayed excellent leadership skills and a will to win.

BigMeatballDave
07-29-2011, 12:27 PM
or Matt LeinhartIs your username French for Moron?

vailpass
07-29-2011, 12:31 PM
The Cassel hate on here is ****ing hilarious. Talk to a fan of any team, and I bet more than half would take Cassel over their starter.

Make your excuses, but 27-7 TD-INT is good for ANY quarterback.

:spock:

DJ's left nut
07-29-2011, 01:52 PM
Eh, if I had to have one, at their contract and their trade value, I'd go with Cassel.

Here's one man's report on Kolb and it seems pretty fair:

He only has two standout starts in his career, and while one was against the Falcons last year, the other was against an average Chiefs pass defense in a 2009 blowout. He tends to flail around at the first sign of any pressure around the pocket, the sign of a player who is not used to the speed of an NFL pass rush.

Great quarterbacks have a feel for the pressure and know where they can take a step to avoid defenders while maintaining their focus downfield, but Kolb tends to shuffle his feet and scramble out of the pocket, breaking his read progression in the process. His skittish nature in the face of a pass rush prevented the Eagles from getting guys downfield for Kolb to hit. Even when he had time, he seemed to prefer safer throws underneath.

While arm strength is often an overrated measure of a quarterback's viability, Kolb's is average at best. He struggled to make the deep throws the Eagles offense created last season, underthrowing Jeremy Maclin a number of times in the Week 7 loss to the Titans.

That is almost exactly the same scouting report you could write about Matt Cassel (you could even put 'Moss' in for 'Maclin' and keep on truckin').

I see a little more ceiling in Kolb because he seems to be more mobile and seems to have more zip on his intermediate routes. That said, I'm less impressed by him pretty much every time I watch him play. And given that the Cardinals paid a TON to get him, I'd rather just give up the 2nd for Cassel, pay him less and call it a day knowing that I'm probably going to get below average QB play either way.

MoreLemonPledge
07-29-2011, 02:05 PM
:spock:

Buffalo
Miami
NY Jets (Yes, Sanchez fucking blows)
Jacksonville
Tennessee
Oakland
Denver
Cincinnati
Cleveland
NY Giants (Yes, Eli fucking blows)
Washington
Carolina
Seattle
Arizona
San Francisco
Minnesota

Hammock Parties
07-29-2011, 02:06 PM
While arm strength is often an overrated measure of a quarterback's viability, Kolb's is average at best.

That's a joke.

RealSNR
07-29-2011, 02:13 PM
Buffalo
Miami
NY Jets (Yes, Sanchez fucking blows)
Jacksonville
Tennessee
Oakland
Denver
Cincinnati
Cleveland
NY Giants (Yes, Eli fucking blows)
Washington
Carolina
Seattle
Arizona
San Francisco
Minnesota
Buffalo- Already have a retread starter. Why the hell would they want another one?
Miami- Agreed
NY Jets- What they need from Sanchez is pizzazz and electrically great QB play. Cassel is NOT the answer there. They may as well take Sanchez and his great playoff performances
Jacksonville- Nope. Got Garrard and an eager young 1st rounder sitting behind him
Tennessee- Agreed
Oakland- Agreed
Denver- Orton's better
Cincinnati- Agreed
Cleveland- Agreed
NY Giants- You're just exagerrating Eli's flaws. Mr. QB Leash Cassel =/= better QB
Washington- Agreed
Carolina- Agreed
Seattle- Agreed
Arizona- With the toss-up that it is, may as well keep Kolb
San Francisco- Agreed
Minnesota- They just traded for McNabb. Why the hell would they want Cassel?

I count 9

MoreLemonPledge
07-29-2011, 02:41 PM
Buffalo- Already have a retread starter. Why the hell would they want another one?
Miami- Agreed
NY Jets- What they need from Sanchez is pizzazz and electrically great QB play. Cassel is NOT the answer there. They may as well take Sanchez and his great playoff performances
Jacksonville- Nope. Got Garrard and an eager young 1st rounder sitting behind him
Tennessee- Agreed
Oakland- Agreed
Denver- Orton's better
Cincinnati- Agreed
Cleveland- Agreed
NY Giants- You're just exagerrating Eli's flaws. Mr. QB Leash Cassel =/= better QB
Washington- Agreed
Carolina- Agreed
Seattle- Agreed
Arizona- With the toss-up that it is, may as well keep Kolb
San Francisco- Agreed
Minnesota- They just traded for McNabb. Why the hell would they want Cassel?

I count 9

Go on some message boards for these teams or talk to some face to face. I bet they'd have no problem with Cassel. The grass is always greener, right?

RealSNR
07-29-2011, 02:47 PM
Go on some message boards for these teams or talk to some face to face. I bet they'd have no problem with Cassel. The grass is always greener, right?Aaaaand here's where we come full circle back into the pit of endless Cassel arguing

I don't think either of us want to do that, so I'm just going to avoid this giant fucking trap by saying I'm giving Cassel one more year to prove he's the guy who can take this team to great heights. That's more than fair, and if he's as not bad at playing football as the defenders say he is, he'll take advantage of that opportunity. I hope he does.

Whew. Crisis averted.

Reerun_KC
07-29-2011, 02:48 PM
Aaaaand here's where we come full circle back into the pit of endless Cassel arguing

I don't think either of us want to do that, so I'm just going to avoid this giant ****ing trap by saying I'm giving Cassel one more year to prove he's the guy who can take this team to great heights. That's more than fair, and if he's as not bad at playing football as the defenders say he is, he'll take advantage of that opportunity. I hope he does.

Whew. Crisis averted.

Or what?

What are you going to do if he doesnt live up to your expectations?

RealSNR
07-29-2011, 02:49 PM
Or what?

What are you going to do if he doesnt live up to your expectations?Or I'm turning on full-blown hate mode until Pioli flushes him down the toilet. Or Haley benches him. Either one works.

If you thought Darth Carl Satan was bad, imagine two of them running around here. And I think it won't just be us. A lot of critical yet rational guys like OTWP will probably follow suit.

Reerun_KC
07-29-2011, 02:51 PM
Or I'm turning on full-blown hate mode until Pioli flushes him down the toilet. Or Haley benches him. Either one works.

If you thought Darth Carl Satan was bad, imagine two of them running around here. And I think it won't just be us. A lot of critical yet rational guys like OTWP will probably follow suit.

Okay was just checking...

Carry on.

RealSNR
07-29-2011, 02:53 PM
Do you not believe that's fair, Reerun? That's his 3rd year with the team and 4th year as a starting QB. If he's THE GUY, then THE GUY should be given time, good receivers, a running game, and great coaching. That's so he can prove that he truly is THE GUY.

Don't you think that if he's been given all that by his 3rd year and he still hasn't proven that he can be THE GUY, it's safe to assume he never will? And if he never will, shouldn't the team move in a different direction?

MoreLemonPledge
07-29-2011, 03:01 PM
I absolutely believe this is his make or break year, and I'm a Cassel supporter.

He actually has a number 2 (and 3!) receiver for the first time in KC, he has a proven running game, and a defense that will keep him in games. This is his year and I think everybody knows that. If he fails, we should find a replacement.

DJ's left nut
07-29-2011, 03:10 PM
Or I'm turning on full-blown hate mode until Pioli flushes him down the toilet. Or Haley benches him. Either one works.

Hmmmm....I suppose I would probably qualify as critical yet rational....

But I fully expect him to fail.

Deberg_1990
07-29-2011, 03:16 PM
I absolutely believe this is his make or break year, and I'm a Cassel supporter.

last year didnt count? He led his team to the playoffs and threw for 27 TD's with only 1 legit WR.

Good Grief......Not saying hes the best there is, but there are alot of teams out there that would love to have this guy.

I fully expect him to at least match his numbers from last year.

MoreLemonPledge
07-29-2011, 03:23 PM
last year didnt count? He led his team to the playoffs and threw for 27 TD's with only 1 legit WR.

Good Grief......Not saying hes the best there is, but there are alot of teams out there that would love to have this guy.

This has been my argument all along. I thought he was great last year. Apparently I'm in the minority on CP. But they'll always have excuses.

I fully anticipate Cassel will make all of the naysayers eat their fucking words this year. Bet it.

Chiefnj2
07-29-2011, 03:26 PM
This has been my argument all along. I thought he was great last year. Apparently I'm in the minority on CP. But they'll always have excuses.

I fully anticipate Cassel will make all of the naysayers eat their ****ing words this year. Bet it.

Not with an OL that can't keep him standing or give him time to do anything except for 3 step drops.

Deberg_1990
07-29-2011, 03:28 PM
I guess i dont get all the hate? I get it that he had a poor 1st year here, but he proved he could turn it around. I dont remember everyone being this hard on Trent Green?

vailpass
07-29-2011, 03:36 PM
Buffalo
Miami
NY Jets (Yes, Sanchez ****ing blows)
Jacksonville
Tennessee
Oakland
Denver
Cincinnati
Cleveland
NY Giants (Yes, Eli ****ing blows)
Washington
Carolina
Seattle
Arizona
San Francisco
Minnesota

Not real up on things, are you?

MoreLemonPledge
07-29-2011, 03:38 PM
Not real up on things, are you?

I absolutely am. How many of those teams had Pro Bowl QBs last year who threw almost 4 TDs for every INT?

vailpass
07-29-2011, 03:40 PM
I absolutely am. How many of those teams had Pro Bowl QBs last year who threw almost 4 TDs for every INT?

LMAO

MoreLemonPledge
07-29-2011, 03:41 PM
LMAO

At least our best QB isn't riding the bench...

DJ's left nut
07-29-2011, 03:48 PM

If he didn't shit the bed against the Ravens, it might have counted for more.

Last year established that he was at least an NFL caliber starting quarterback. He might be below average at it, but he was at least good enough to start.

It did not establish, however, that he's capable of taking a team to an NFL championship. His performance towards the end of the year was abysmal and his playoff game was as bad as anything I've seen this side of Grbac. It's absolutely fair to consider his audition still open at this point.

DJ's left nut
07-29-2011, 03:49 PM
Not with an OL that can't keep him standing or give him time to do anything except for 3 step drops.

Speaking of folks that always have their excuses...

Deberg_1990
07-29-2011, 03:53 PM
If he didn't shit the bed against the Ravens, it might have counted for more.

Last year established that he was at least an NFL caliber starting quarterback. He might be below average at it, but he was at least good enough to start.

It did not establish, however, that he's capable of taking a team to an NFL championship. His performance towards the end of the year was abysmal and his playoff game was as bad as anything I've seen this side of Grbac. It's absolutely fair to consider his audition still open at this point.

:facepalm:

Well prepare to be disappointed for awhile then....if he continues to play like he did last year, hes going to be playing in the NFL a long time.

ChiefsCountry
07-29-2011, 03:54 PM
:facepalm:

Well prepare to be disappointed for awhile then....if he continues to play like he did last year, hes going to be playing in the NFL a long time.

Its the 90's all over again then.

vailpass
07-29-2011, 03:56 PM
At least our best QB isn't riding the bench...

I'm sorry, I wasn't meaning to get into a poop flinging match. I'm looking now to see what UFA moves were made. Don't they announce it at 6:00 pm EST today?

MoreLemonPledge
07-29-2011, 03:58 PM
I'm sorry, I wasn't meaning to get into a poop flinging match. I'm looking now to see what UFA moves were made. Don't they announce it at 6:00 pm EST today?

RFAs are free to sign with any team at that time, if that's what you're asking.

RealSNR
07-29-2011, 04:28 PM

I fully expect him to at least match his numbers from last year.I'm looking for the following things out of Cassel this year:

1. One or two or more wins against +.500 teams
2. An above .500 record against the AFC West
3. At least one playoff win

If he does those things, I will change my signature, change my attitude about him, and admit I was wrong.

I will still call it an unnecessary and stupid risk by Pioli, but I won't doubt the guy any more. Even if he puts up a few bad games, you have my word I'll stick up for the guy until he implodes on himself.

If you want proof of this, look at my turnaround I did on Pioli. Just one year ago I was giving him no credit for the Berry pick and called the rest of the 2010 draft a mediocre display of bullshit. I've done a complete turnaround on him. I like the guy. A LOT. I'm confident he can do for Kansas City what we've seen from teams like Pittsburgh, New England, Baltimore, and Green Bay.

BigMeatballDave
07-29-2011, 05:53 PM
Its the 90's all over again then.Not quite that bad. No Marty.