PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs I'm glad Casey Wiegmann is a Chief...

Hammock Parties
08-01-2011, 01:28 AM
Because he owns overrated sacks of shit like Aubrayo Franklin.

http://uranus.ckt.net/~gochiefs/franklowned.gif

http://uranus.ckt.net/~gochiefs/franklowned2.gif

http://uranus.ckt.net/~gochiefs/franklowned3.gif

http://uranus.ckt.net/~gochiefs/franklowned4.gif

http://uranus.ckt.net/~gochiefs/franklowned5.gif

http://uranus.ckt.net/~gochiefs/franklowned6.gif

http://uranus.ckt.net/~gochiefs/franklowned7.gif

I didn't save a couple of the plays that Franklin made...because the game was over with 2 minutes left to go. Chiefs ran for 207 yards. ROFL

Granted, a couple of these are double teams, but good nose tackles don't get knocked to the ground like sacks of grain. Aubrayo Franklowned.

Titty Meat
08-01-2011, 01:33 AM
Please post the Casey Wiegmann clips of the Ravens game.

BossChief
08-01-2011, 01:35 AM
TOP FIVE NT IN THE LEAGUE!!!

BossChief
08-01-2011, 01:35 AM

you mean the Kelly Gregg clips?

Hammock Parties
08-01-2011, 01:39 AM

This is an Aubrayo Franklin thread in disguise. It doesn't matter who owned Franklin...only that he got owned.

Although in this case the fact that he got owned repeatedly by a 285 lb 37-year old emphasizes the ownage.

FYI this thread was BossChief's idea...all glory to him.

beach tribe
08-01-2011, 01:42 AM

So instead of admitting franklin looks like shit, it's a knock on Weigman natually.
EVERYONE here knows Wiggs has to be replaced, and everyone here is hoping Hudson has taken over for him by week 10. But Wiggs did lead the #1 rushing offense in the NFL, and he whipped yo boys ASS!.
He's just too old. But I'm glad he's here to stop gap one last time.

beach tribe
08-01-2011, 01:44 AM
This is an Aubrayo Franklin thread in disguise. It doesn't matter who owned Franklin...only that he got owned.

Although in this case the fact that he got owned repeatedly by a 285 lb 37-year old emphasizes the ownage.

FYI this thread was BossChief's idea...all glory to him.

Hey! I want some credit! I was the first to re-watch the game, and call that ass whoopin'.

**shameless self promotion**

beach tribe
08-01-2011, 01:45 AM

FUCK YEAH! Let's see THAT shit.

TimeForWasp
08-01-2011, 01:45 AM
I hope we do not sign Franklin

kysirsoze
08-01-2011, 01:56 AM
I hope we do not sign Franklin

The conversion has begun. Well done GoChiefs.

BossChief
08-01-2011, 02:05 AM
"He plays with the best technique in the league at NT."

"Patrick Willis really, really wanted him back"

"Frontload the contract...thats what we should do"

BossChief: would you rather have Kelly Gregg or Aubrayo Franklin?

somebodys dumbass response: "is that even a question? its like asking if you would rather have a audi or a chevy aveo"

Chester McGlockton
Ryan Simms
Junior Siavii

Franklin looked just as bad or worse than any of those guys in those clips.

Its why you NEVER overpay FA fat guys, unless they are of a certain ilk.

This guy is a total payday player.

I bet this game is a big reason dude cant find work anymore. I wonder how much more tape of this quality is floating around on him and a reason why Baltimore and the 49ers let him walk.

Bi_polar
08-01-2011, 02:09 AM
"He plays with the best technique in the league at NT."

"Patrick Willis really, really wanted him back"

"Frontload the contract...thats what we should do"

BossChief: would you rather have Kelly Gregg or Aubrayo Franklin?

somebodys dumbass response: "is that even a question? its like asking if you would rather have a audi or a chevy aveo"

Chester McGlockton
Ryan Simms
Junior Siavii

Franklin looked just as bad or worse than any of those guys in those clips.

Its why you NEVER overpay FA fat guys, unless they are of a certain ilk.

This guy is a total payday player.

I bet this game is a big reason dude cant find work anymore. I wonder how much more tape of this quality is floating around on him and a reason why Baltimore and the 49ers let him walk.

I highly recommend the Audi.

BossChief
08-01-2011, 02:13 AM
In his response, he likened the Audi to Franklin and Gregg to the aveo.

Bi_polar
08-01-2011, 02:15 AM
If I ever had to drive an Aveo - I just wouldn't - I'd just go buy a bad ass mountain bike.

BossChief
08-01-2011, 02:17 AM
they tried to give me one of those as a rental car one time... I was like "ummm, no. Thats just not gonna work"

Titty Meat
08-01-2011, 02:42 AM
So instead of admitting franklin looks like shit, it's a knock on Weigman natually.
EVERYONE here knows Wiggs has to be replaced, and everyone here is hoping Hudson has taken over for him by week 10. But Wiggs did lead the #1 rushing offense in the NFL, and he whipped yo boys ASS!.
He's just too old. But I'm glad he's here to stop gap one last time.

My boy was commanding double teams. What NT on the current roster commands those?

beach tribe
08-01-2011, 02:49 AM
My boy was commanding double teams. What NT on the current roster commands those?

What fucking clip are you looking at? Regardless of the meaning of the phrase, I wouldn't call that COMMANDING double teams. Getting blasted into the ground by two guys is more like getting Tag teamed, and I believe I only see one where it's more than just Wiggs ass raping him. And EVERY nose tackle commands double teams at some point in the game.

RealSNR
08-01-2011, 02:50 AM
If I ever had to drive an Aveo - I just wouldn't - I'd just go buy a bad ass mountain bike.
Segway, bro. It's what the cool kids have these days

Titty Meat
08-01-2011, 03:04 AM
What ****ing clip are you looking at? Regardless of the meaning of the phrase, I wouldn't call that COMMANDING double teams. Getting blasted into the ground by two guys is more like getting Tag teamed, and I believe I only see one where it's more than just Wiggs ass raping him. And EVERY nose tackle commands double teams at some point in the game.

5 & 6. Making up shit isn't going to help your argument.

the Talking Can
08-01-2011, 04:33 AM
ROFL

franklin thought he was going to get paid....

Sofa King
08-01-2011, 07:50 AM
Wow. Those are fucking embarrassing for Franklin.

wazu
08-01-2011, 07:52 AM

Yes, please.

Lzen
08-01-2011, 07:54 AM
5 & 6. Making up shit isn't going to help your argument.

On #5, the guard helped but then switched to a LBer.
On #6 there was no double team. Not any that I can see. In Franklin's defense he actually gave some effort and even dived toward the RB. In all the other clips he looked like he was content getting abused.

Lzen
08-01-2011, 07:56 AM
Also on #5 is the fact that Franklin got stood up and pushed back a half step BEFORE the other Chief lineman chipped him. IMO, a dominant DT that is expecting a huge payday should be the one pushing the Olinemen into the backfield. Not the other way around.

Hammock Parties
08-01-2011, 08:13 AM
What fucking clip are you looking at? Regardless of the meaning of the phrase, I wouldn't call that COMMANDING double teams. Getting blasted into the ground by two guys is more like getting Tag teamed, and I believe I only see one where it's more than just Wiggs ass raping him. And EVERY nose tackle commands double teams at some point in the game.

The "double teams" last all of a second, too. Wiegmann more than handles him off the snap and Lilja comes over and destroys him. :shake:

Look at this as if he was a Chiefs defensive lineman. Would you be happy? HELL NO!

Lzen
08-01-2011, 08:44 AM
The "double teams" last all of a second, too. Wiegmann more than handles him off the snap and Lilja comes over and destroys him. :shake:

Look at this as if he was a Chiefs defensive lineman. Would you be happy? HELL NO!

Admittedly, I didn't know much about Franklin. Didn't really pay much attention to the 9ers. These clips are quite revealing. :thumb:

BossChief
08-01-2011, 10:32 AM

If we signed him and he played like this, could you imagine OTWP and others posts regarding Pioli?

MUTHERFUCK WHO?

HOMEWORK MUTHERFUCKERS DO YOU DO IT?

-King-
08-01-2011, 10:42 AM

Ouch. ROFL:thumb:

I think Billay needs to come in and say "touche" and just walk out of this thread.

-King-
08-01-2011, 10:43 AM
The fact that he's had to slink back to the 49ers who have said publicly that they don't want him should be an indication of what teams think of him.

ModSocks
08-01-2011, 10:54 AM
Dude is highly overrated. A lot of us have been saying that, nothing new.

I've been re watching Chiefs games for the past month. Very itchy for football here. I've probably watched that 9ers game at least 3-4 times since last season was over.

After re watching all those games from last season (nothing most of you don't already know, but i want to re emphasis):

1. The loss of Shaun Smith is going to be huge. The guy was the most consistant DL aside from Dorsey. This is a big loss. He was everywhere.

2. Jackson had that one good half against SD. Did jack shit the rest of the season.

3. Breaston Kicked our ass. Forgot all about that. He ripped Flowers and made some very good catches in traffic.

4. The difference on Thomas Jones in the first half of the season vs the second half is astonishing. I know we talk about it here a lot, but there is huge difference in looking at the numbers vs looking at the games. I've never seen a drop off like that before in a season.

BossChief
08-01-2011, 03:04 PM
If the thread title was different, this thread would probably be on fire with debates on Weigman, Gregg and Franklin.

Rausch
08-01-2011, 03:07 PM
If the thread title was different, this thread would probably be on fire with debates on Weigman, Gregg and Franklin.

Him being a douchebag doesn't help...

loochy
08-01-2011, 03:08 PM
the GifHorse is back in business!

Hammock Parties
08-01-2011, 03:08 PM
the GifHorse is back in business!

The lockout's been tough. I'm trying to get back into shape like everyone.

Easy 6
08-01-2011, 04:13 PM
Of all the people folks were clamoring for at NT, i honestly just wasnt big on Franklin, the only real upside i saw was that he's fairly young.

Other than that, i feel he's overhyped & these gifs go a long way towards proving just that.

A 'stud' in his prime getting consistently owned by an old man? he's no great shakes.

Casey throws him to the ground just like he was a girl at the bottom, seemingly no effort required...

chiefzilla1501
08-01-2011, 04:24 PM
I'm not denying that Franklin didn't get housed against KC. But again, the timing of the game is really important.

Boss, you said so yourself... Casey was a far better Center in the beginning of the season than he was at the end.

And the game was on 9/26. That's less than a month before Aubrayo's first practice, due to his holdout. Missing a whole training camp and preseason will do that to you. While the Chiefs were going into their 3rd regular season game, Aubrayo's conditioning probably put him at the level of just starting to play preseason games. Darell Revis had the same issues starting out last year, and there's no disputing that Revis is a damn good player.

Hammock Parties
08-01-2011, 04:32 PM
Franklin played in the last preseason game. He was practicing/playing football for a month before he got abused in KC.

And several of those plays occurred in the first quarter. Conditioning, my ass. He straight up looks weak at the POA.

BossChief
08-01-2011, 04:34 PM
I'm not denying that Franklin didn't get housed against KC. But again, the timing of the game is really important.

Boss, you said so yourself... Casey was a far better Center in the beginning of the season than he was at the end.

And the game was on 9/26. That's less than a month before Aubrayo's first practice, due to his holdout. Missing a whole training camp and preseason will do that to you. While the Chiefs were going into their 3rd regular season game, Aubrayo's conditioning probably put him at the level of just starting to play preseason games. Darell Revis had the same issues starting out last year, and there's no disputing that Revis is a damn good player.

conditioning?

One of the first gifs what the second play of the game.

Dude is a classic "when I want to" type player.

AKA "payday performer"

I dont care how long his holdout was (to try and leverage a long term deal from a team that obviously wanted NO PART of one) no top five in the league player (or even top ten) at any position should get owned that badly.

Especially against any 37 year old that on his heaviest day weighs 285.

There is absolutely no defense to that level of suck.

None.

Its players like this that should make us appreciate the fact that we have a guy like Pioli calling the shots.

Carl would have been fine signing this turd and letting the shittyness play itself out.

Hammock Parties
08-01-2011, 04:39 PM
Its players like this that should make us appreciate the fact that we have a guy like Pioli calling the shots.

Carl would have been fine signing this turd and letting the shittyness play itself out.

That's exactly what I was thinking.

We all would have been praising Carl for signing this turd and he would have gone down like Carlton Gray.

chiefzilla1501
08-01-2011, 04:46 PM
conditioning?

One of the first gifs what the second play of the game.

Dude is a classic "when I want to" type player.

AKA "payday performer"

I dont care how long his holdout was (to try and leverage a long term deal from a team that obviously wanted NO PART of one) no top five in the league player (or even top ten) at any position should get owned that badly.

Especially against any 37 year old that on his heaviest day weighs 285.

There is absolutely no defense to that level of suck.

None.

Dude, c'mon. You know better to know that conditioning is only partly about endurance. When you're talking about football shape, it doesn't matter if it's first quarter or last quarter. If you're not in football shape, you're not going to be strong or agile enough to take on a guy who's been working out the entire preseason.

The tapes from 2009 show an entirely different story. Franklin was a difference maker. I get that people want to show this kind of tape and say that he had a contract year. Maybe he did. But for people to say he's overrated because of this tape is ridiculous. When Franklin chooses to play, he is absolutely a top 5 Nose Tackle in this league.

BossChief
08-01-2011, 04:57 PM
"when franklin choses to play?"

shouldnt that be every game?

How can a guy collect 8 million and not be in football shape...but be holding out for a bigger deal?

stop making excuses for him man, youre better than that.

Rausch
08-01-2011, 04:59 PM
Dude, c'mon. You know better to know that conditioning is only partly about endurance.

No, I figured that was what most of "conditioning" was...

Hammock Parties
08-01-2011, 04:59 PM
What the fuck was this guy doing between Aug. 28 (when his holdout ended) and Sept. 26 if he wasn't in football shape by the time the Chiefs and Niners played?

Not buying it...

The Bad Guy
08-01-2011, 05:00 PM

To do what? Further prove that we signed the right guy?

The Bad Guy
08-01-2011, 05:01 PM
What the **** was this guy doing between Aug. 28 (when his holdout ended) and Sept. 26 if he wasn't in football shape by the time the Chiefs and Niners played?

Not buying it...

It's a convienent excuse.

The Bad Guy
08-01-2011, 05:02 PM
Cheifzilla, still beating the drum about the entire team quitting on Singletary as an excuse as well?

SAUTO
08-01-2011, 05:07 PM
Segway, bro. It's what the cool kids have these days

Wrecked one this weekend. Lol
Posted via Mobile Device

Bowser
08-01-2011, 05:08 PM
Wrecked one this weekend. Lol
Posted via Mobile Device

Did you get the insurance?

chiefzilla1501
08-01-2011, 05:08 PM
"when franklin choses to play?"

shouldnt that be every game?

How can a guy collect 8 million and not be in football shape...but be holding out for a bigger deal?

stop making excuses for him man, youre better than that.

Because the only way to be in football shape... is to play football. There is a major difference between conditioning and football shape. Football shape is about getting in the trenches and going to war. You can't simulate that. Yeah, he's not exactly Thomas Jones. He's a fat Nose Tackle. It's going to be harder for a guy like him to miss offseason workouts and stay conditioned. Doesn't mean he's going to do the same with a full season under his belt. Hasn't this idea of "football shape" been beaten to death during the lockout?

Let's not pretend that Aubrayo is the only guy pissed about getting a franchise tag. Hali's going to make a shitload of money and he's holding out too. And calling him a "payday player." We've only seen his reaction to one payday, and again, there were some extenuating circumstances behind that.

He didn't play well in 2010. But you can't dismiss that maybe his contract dispute had something to do with that. I can't believe people on this board are acting so surprised when I say that holdouts typically struggle right out the gate.

Rausch
08-01-2011, 05:09 PM
Cheifzilla, still beating the drum about the entire team quitting on Singletary as an excuse as well?

Wait, wasn't our arse-raping of the 9'ers in like week 3 or 4?....

chiefzilla1501
08-01-2011, 05:10 PM

A team full of veterans started playing sloppy and stopped executing.

When good defenses play badly, I don't care if you're huffing and puffing. The 49ers looked lost last year on defense, no matter how hard they were trying. Call that what you want. I call it a team that lost its swagger and focus.

SAUTO
08-01-2011, 05:12 PM
Did you get the insurance?

Nope. Didn't matter though. I rode it some more and left.
Posted via Mobile Device

chiefzilla1501
08-01-2011, 05:13 PM
Wait, wasn't our arse-raping of the 9'ers in like week 3 or 4?....

Yes.

Revis held out one week longer than Aubrayo Franklin. He was conditioned but not in football shape. As a result, he was struggling to stay on the field until about middle of October.

Color me surprised that people are surprised that I'm suggesting it takes a month to get into football shape, and even then, arguably most players end up a little bit behind.

BossChief
08-01-2011, 05:18 PM
Because the only way to be in football shape... is to play football. There is a major difference between conditioning and football shape. Football shape is about getting in the trenches and going to war. You can't simulate that. Yeah, he's not exactly Thomas Jones. He's a fat Nose Tackle. It's going to be harder for a guy like him to miss offseason workouts and stay conditioned. Doesn't mean he's going to do the same with a full season under his belt. Hasn't this idea of "football shape" been beaten to death during the lockout?

Let's not pretend that Aubrayo is the only guy pissed about getting a franchise tag. Hali's going to make a shitload of money and he's holding out too. And calling him a "payday player." We've only seen his reaction to one payday, and again, there were some extenuating circumstances behind that.

He didn't play well in 2010. But you can't dismiss that maybe his contract dispute had something to do with that. I can't believe people on this board are acting so surprised when I say that holdouts typically struggle right out the gate.

youve sold me, I agree that we should overpay for him like you said a few minutes ago in another thread.

JFC

How much more evidence would you need before you change your mind on this POS?

For a little puppy dog to walk by and wag his tail that touches Franklin and he falls down?

A 285 pound 37 year old threw his straight backwards and you have nothing but excuses at why that happened except for the ones that deal with reality.

Rausch
08-01-2011, 05:19 PM
Yes.

Revis held out one week longer than Aubrayo Franklin. He was conditioned but not in football shape. As a result, he was struggling to stay on the field until about middle of October.

Color me surprised that people are surprised that I'm suggesting it takes a month to get into football shape, and even then, arguably most players end up a little bit behind.

We fuck'n beat that team like they owe'd momma' money.

I was at the game, saw it, and it was one of the few times both our lines showed up and blowed up.

They were as unprepared to play that game as we were to play B-more...

BossChief
08-01-2011, 05:19 PM
Yes.

august 28th till spetember 26th isnt a month in your eyes?

WTF is going on in here?

The only "behind" was his and it was on the ground nearly every play.

He p0layed like he just got off the couch for the first time in months.

Pasta Little Brioni
08-01-2011, 05:26 PM
Dude, c'mon. You know better to know that conditioning is only partly about endurance. When you're talking about football shape, it doesn't matter if it's first quarter or last quarter. If you're not in football shape, you're not going to be strong or agile enough to take on a guy who's been working out the entire preseason.

The tapes from 2009 show an entirely different story. Franklin was a difference maker. I get that people want to show this kind of tape and say that he had a contract year. Maybe he did. But for people to say he's overrated because of this tape is ridiculous. When Franklin chooses to play, he is absolutely a top 5 Nose Tackle in this league.

This sentence right here explains why he isn't a Chief.

chiefzilla1501
08-01-2011, 05:27 PM
youve sold me, I agree that we should overpay for him like you said a few minutes ago in another thread.

JFC

How much more evidence would you need before you change your mind on this POS?

For a little puppy dog to walk by and wag his tail that touches Franklin and he falls down?

A 285 pound 37 year old threw his straight backwards and you have nothing but excuses at why that happened except for the ones that deal with reality.

I believe it was you who in a separate thread was defending Casey Wiegmann and saying that he was effective in the first half of the season. So you're being a little hypocritical here. I'm offering excuses because I saw enough of Franklin's 2009 play to know that Aubrayo at his best is a terrific Nose Tackle. I have a bigger problem with people on here looking at the Chiefs game and saying he isn't any good. He is good... when he wants to be. I think it's a risk worth taking, you don't. I have no problem with that.

Pasta Little Brioni
08-01-2011, 05:28 PM
Since this is the year of no excuses (and I agree) let's quit making them for guys on other teams shall we.

SAUTO
08-01-2011, 05:35 PM
Since this is the year of no excuses (and I agree) let's quit making them for guys on other teams shall we.

Everyone on this site should read, understand, and do what this post says
Posted via Mobile Device

chiefzilla1501
08-01-2011, 05:36 PM

I just want a Nose Tackle. I know Nose Tackles don't magically come loose on the free agent market.

Just the same, at Quarterback, if you want to take a free agent QB, you usually have to take a risk to get a good one. Because the good ones are going to be protected.

Saying we don't want to take a risk on a Nose Tackle because he's fat and lazy means that we're pretty much content on putting all our eggs in the Powe basket at the most important position on the defense beyond this season.

The Bad Guy
08-01-2011, 05:41 PM
A team full of veterans started playing sloppy and stopped executing.

When good defenses play badly, I don't care if you're huffing and puffing. The 49ers looked lost last year on defense, no matter how hard they were trying. Call that what you want. I call it a team that lost its swagger and focus.

Yeah, Patrick Willis was really struggling at the end of the year to maintain focus.

Shaid
08-01-2011, 05:43 PM

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

Owned

Pasta Little Brioni
08-01-2011, 05:45 PM
I just want a Nose Tackle. I know Nose Tackles don't magically come loose on the free agent market.

Just the same, at Quarterback, if you want to take a free agent QB, you usually have to take a risk to get a good one. Because the good ones are going to be protected.

Saying we don't want to take a risk on a Nose Tackle because he's fat and lazy means that we're pretty much content on putting all our eggs in the Powe basket at the most important position on the defense beyond this season.

The team just signed a stopgap at the position. Gives them time to evaluate Powe and see if he can grow into the role. I see no problem with how they addressed the position this year.

chiefzilla1501
08-01-2011, 05:52 PM
Yeah, Patrick Willis was really struggling at the end of the year to maintain focus.

He's Patrick Willis. Nobody's trying to say Franklin will ever have the ability, drive, and focus of Willis. Nor should that be a negative. Willis is in a league of his own, whether we're comparing him to Derrick Johnson or to Franklin.

If we know Franklin is a little more difficult to motivate, the question is whether Franklin responds better to a full offseason of conditioning (with teammates) and better coaching. Given that any free agent is probably going to have some risk, I think that's a risk well worth taking.

chiefzilla1501
08-01-2011, 05:58 PM
The team just signed a stopgap at the position. Gives them time to evaluate Powe and see if he can grow into the role. I see no problem with how they addressed the position this year.

I love the signing of Gregg. But let's be realistic here. There's a good chance he slips, given that he's 35. And there's a good chance Powe isn't our guy or won't be ready for another 2-3 years. If that's the case, in 2012, we're back to desperately searching for a Nose Tackle again next year.

Signing Franklin ensures you get the decision absolutely right. And it gives you 2-3 years to find your long-term guy instead of praying Powe gets it this season. Best of all, Gregg serves as a perfect motivator for both Franklin and Jackson. One guy could put pressure on two guys with a ton to prove because he plays both their positions really well. Again, imagine if Franklin plays to 2009 form and our line was Gregg-Franklin-Dorsey. THat's actually pretty sick.

BigCatDaddy
08-01-2011, 05:59 PM
That's exactly what I was thinking.

We all would have been praising Carl for signing this turd and he would have gone down like Carlton Gray.

I can still hear him bragging about signing the 2nd highest rated LT in FA, Damian McIntosh :facepalm:

BossChief
08-01-2011, 06:12 PM
He's Patrick Willis. Nobody's trying to say Franklin will ever have the ability, drive, and focus of Willis. Nor should that be a negative. Willis is in a league of his own, whether we're comparing him to Derrick Johnson or to Franklin.

If we know Franklin is a little more difficult to motivate, the question is whether Franklin responds better to a full offseason of conditioning (with teammates) and better coaching. Given that any free agent is probably going to have some risk, I think that's a risk well worth taking.

If Romeo believed he could get the little bitch to play at a high level for a 3-4 year deal, dont you think he would have spoken up about it to Pioli...who he has worked closely with for a couple decades?

Cmon man, this is way past ludicrous speed.

chiefzilla1501
08-01-2011, 06:16 PM
If Romeo believed he could get the little bitch to play at a high level for a 3-4 year deal, dont you think he would have spoken up about it to Pioli...who he has worked closely with for a couple decades?

Cmon man, this is way past ludicrous speed.

I'm sure Romeo said the same for Troup, Phil Taylor, Cody, or any combination of those guys. Especially since he actually worked those guys out in the Senior Bowl. I'm sure Weis wanted Clausen in the worst kind of way. Just because you want certain guys doesn't mean you're going to get them.

BossChief
08-01-2011, 06:27 PM
You know what, never mind.

chiefzilla1501
08-01-2011, 06:39 PM
You know what, never mind.

Well, don't want to get too far off track about the original discussion.

Let's again assume any of these things. Let's assume Powe isn't ready to be a dominant full-time guy by 2012. Let's assume that Gregg is past his prime and ends up being average at best in 2011. Let's assume the same for 2012. All of these are very, very reasonable scenarios. What's your option in 2012?

I know Aubrayo carries a lot of risk. I know you have to overpay him. But I feel much more comfortable about our 2012-13 situation as long as he's on our roster. Thoughts?

Titty Meat
08-01-2011, 06:39 PM
To do what? Further prove that we signed the right guy?

Casey Wigemann isn't the right guy. He's past washed up.

Dave Lane
08-01-2011, 06:53 PM
If we signed him and he played like this, could you imagine OTWP and others posts regarding Pioli?

MUTHER**** WHO?

HOMEWORK MUTHER****ERS DO YOU DO IT?

He got the worst case of Pioli turrets syndrome I've ever seen.

Titty Meat
08-01-2011, 06:56 PM
A guy gets mad because a big money player doesn't workout. How awful!

Hammock Parties
08-02-2011, 10:26 PM
http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/281840_2280623458861_1347052222_2696694_5323012_n.jpg

BigMeatballDave
08-02-2011, 11:10 PM
Well, don't want to get too far off track about the original discussion.

Let's again assume any of these things. Let's assume Powe isn't ready to be a dominant full-time guy by 2012. Let's assume that Gregg is past his prime and ends up being average at best in 2011. Let's assume the same for 2012. All of these are very, very reasonable scenarios. What's your option in 2012?

I know Aubrayo carries a lot of risk. I know you have to overpay him. But I feel much more comfortable about our 2012-13 situation as long as he's on our roster. Thoughts?You know what happens when you assume too much? :)