PDA

View Full Version : Football Hue Jackson running his mouth

Hammock Parties
08-01-2011, 03:43 PM
At last, a true flava clown coach in Oakland.

LMAO

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ms-silver_hue_jackson_right_as_raiders_coach080111

A few weeks ago, Hue Jackson was preparing to dig into a massive plate of meat at Everett and Jones, an upscale barbecue restaurant in downtown Oakland, when the Raiders’ rookie coach saw a familiar face and did a double-take.

There, at a nearby table, was Jim Harbaugh, the San Francisco 49ers’ first-year coach and another E&J aficionado. The carnivorous coaches exchanged pleasantries before Jackson laid down some good-natured smack-talk.

“What are you doing over here?” Jackson asked Harbaugh. “This is my city now. Get back to where you belong. I gotta pay a toll to come see you. You don’t have to pay a toll to see me. That’s how it is.”

Recalling the encounter last month, Jackson flashed his gap-toothed smile and kept the brash words coming.

“We’re getting ready to do something special,” Jackson said. “I just feel it. Jim Harbaugh’s across the Bay. Hue Jackson’s on this side. I want to own the Bay Area. So does he. That’s what it’s all about.

“I have high expectations. I’m not backing down from that. Why would I? Some people think you shouldn’t make a bunch of noise. I look at it the other way: I talk boldly and carry a big stick.”

“I share my vision with everyone in the organization,” Jackson says. “We have an expectation of greatness, and we’re not gonna back down from that. We can’t hide behind excuses – the lockout, losing a player, whatever. My expectation is to win every game I coach.

“There are head coaches in this league, they don’t want that challenge. I’m not afraid of that. I’ve seen this business turn people upside down, sunny-side up and bring them to their knees. I’m gonna attack this thing.”

Opposing players, coaches and personnel executives know all about the Raiders, however.

“You better know they know,” Jackson says, “and they’re scared, for this reason: This is a giant. We have, in my opinion, some of the greatest talent in the world. But as we know, talent does not win football games. And what I have to do is convince this talent on a daily basis that they can do what it takes to win football games. If I can do that, I can awaken this giant.”

Bowser
08-01-2011, 03:45 PM
Maybe in a couple of years he can be an offensive assistant for us. Or more karma-ically, for Harbaugh.

Mr. Flopnuts
08-01-2011, 03:45 PM
Tom Cable spit up his Cheerios when he read this this morning.

WhitiE
08-01-2011, 03:46 PM
Do coaches get drug tested too?

MoreLemonPledge
08-01-2011, 03:55 PM
It's actually a good approach. Players want to play for somebody with a little swagger. You see how much players like Rex Ryan.

Cephalic Trauma
08-01-2011, 03:58 PM

ROFL

Apparently not.

blaise
08-01-2011, 04:00 PM
He's like Rex Ryan with a really crappy team.

Just Passin' By
08-01-2011, 04:01 PM
It's actually a good approach. Players want to play for somebody with a little swagger. You see how much players like Rex Ryan.

Nnamdi Asomugha approves this message

MoreLemonPledge
08-01-2011, 04:02 PM
Nnamdi Asomugha approves this message

He's not your typical NFL player.

Okie_Apparition
08-01-2011, 04:05 PM
It does not matter what you do, Hue. The players will go behind your back to Davis. They always do. When you try to lay down the law. They'll give ol Al a call.
Oh, & and by the way, **** you

MahiMike
08-01-2011, 04:08 PM
An 'upscale' Bar B Q restaurant...lol

The Franchise
08-01-2011, 04:11 PM
“What are you doing over here?” Jackson asked Harbaugh. “This is my city now. Get back to where you belong. I gotta pay a toll to come see you. You don’t have to pay a toll to see me. That’s how it is.”

That's because no one wants to visit that shithole......fucking idiot.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-01-2011, 04:19 PM
LMAO ROFL

bevischief
08-01-2011, 04:25 PM

you answered your own question.

KCUnited
08-01-2011, 04:29 PM
Week 4 before his pants are around his ankles during a halftime speech.

the Talking Can
08-01-2011, 04:32 PM
Black Gunther

vailpass
08-01-2011, 04:38 PM
Had to read the OP to remember who Hue Jackson was. Thought it was the guy who played Wolverine.

listopencil
08-01-2011, 05:40 PM
I like it. It amuses me.

listopencil
08-01-2011, 05:40 PM
Had to read the OP to remember who Hue Jackson was. Thought it was the guy who played Wolverine.

Wait, what? It's not the Wolverine guy? Does Al know?

Rausch
08-01-2011, 05:43 PM
I like it. It amuses me.

His fail will amuse us all...

listopencil
08-01-2011, 05:47 PM
His fail will amuse us all...

:toast:

vailpass
08-01-2011, 05:49 PM
Wait, what? It's not the Wolverine guy? Does Al know?

LMAO God that' funny. "What, I hired Lane? I thought it was Monte."

May Al live forever.

listopencil
08-01-2011, 05:54 PM
<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/1Tk3L5l-EyU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

boogblaster
08-01-2011, 05:57 PM
chokeland has a comedy-club ....

MMXcalibur
08-01-2011, 06:02 PM
Well, they are the defending AFC West champions*

* not really

listopencil
08-01-2011, 06:08 PM

The Broncos were pretty shitty last year. I could see it four weeks in. But how shitty is that, the idea that your team swept the entire AFC West, then missed the playoffs and fired the Head Coach.

Rausch
08-01-2011, 06:10 PM
<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/1Tk3L5l-EyU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

LMAO

Halfcan
08-01-2011, 07:12 PM
Awaken the GIANT=dumbass will be hearing from Tony Robbins attorneys soon-lol

PunkinDrublic
08-01-2011, 07:19 PM
Michael Silver is a fucking idiot. I should have realized it when he was writing those dumbass articles during the lockout. Now he's all over Al Davis silver and black nuts with this stupid fucking article.

Ugly Duck
08-01-2011, 07:47 PM

You'd think so but no... they swept the Chiefs, Broncos & Bolts - won all their division games but still didn't win the division. It was San Di... no... I think it was KC that ended up with the AFCW crown.

Michael Silver is a ****ing idiot. Now he's all over Al Davis silver and black nuts with this stupid ****ing article.

Silver is an entrenched Raider-hater. Truly an idiot.

wazu
08-01-2011, 09:43 PM
You'd think so but no... they swept the Chiefs, Broncos & Bolts - won all their division games but still didn't win the division.

That still just blows my mind. That Week 17 beatdown they gave us was brutal. Really glad to see them saying goodbye to some good players.

Phobia
08-01-2011, 10:23 PM
Isn't he the guy the Chiefs were trying to sign from Philly for a while?

Backwards Masking
08-01-2011, 10:46 PM
Screw this Oakland Dirtbag. This teams been in the cellar for how many years? Every year they're supposed to turn it around and every year they don't. This assclown has to prove a damn thing as a Head Coach. I can't wait til we kick his silver and black ass.

BossChief
08-01-2011, 10:52 PM
ROFL @ I dont know much about him...get a press guide or something"

HOLY SHIT

Drwbllz
08-02-2011, 10:08 AM
What was he supposed to say?

"To be honest, I'm not really sure why I'm here right now. I don't think we have much of a chance of succeeding in this league. My goal is to tank games and get in on the Andrew Luck sweepstakes."
:spock:

Thig Lyfe
08-02-2011, 02:58 PM
IT'S HUE TIME, WOMAN

ct
08-02-2011, 03:06 PM
Maybe Coach Jackson should have spent a little more time trying to resign his best defensive and offensive players.

Adam Schefter just tweeted John Clayton and Mike Sando reporting TE Zach Miller reaches agreement w/ Seattle.

DOH!

Backwards Masking
08-02-2011, 04:19 PM
What was he supposed to say?

"To be honest, I'm not really sure why I'm here right now. I don't think we have much of a chance of succeeding in this league."
:spock:

Pipe down Raider lover. Though he would have been QUITE honest in saying the above.