PDA

View Full Version : Football Prime Time on NFL Network

ThatRaceCardGuy
08-03-2011, 08:04 PM
Just finished watching the hall of fame story on Deon Sanders. Your thoughts on the Prime Time ? I grew up watching the guy play, and loved every minute of it. Greatest CB that I personally watched play the game.

Deberg_1990
08-03-2011, 08:06 PM
Loved the guy. He was certainly one of the best all around athletes i ever saw play.

I remember when he was making his free agent rounds around 93 or so, he came to Arrowhead and was courted by Carl and Marty. Wish we would have snagged him.

milkman
08-03-2011, 08:08 PM
Can't dismiss Deion's athletic ability, but I like football players playing football, and Deion, while a great athlete at the corner position and as a returner, was not a football player.

Deberg_1990
08-03-2011, 08:09 PM
Can't dismiss Deion's athletic ability, but I like football players playing football, and Deion, while a great athlete at the corner position and as a returner, was not a football player.

Well evidently alot of people disagree with you, since hes in the Hall now.

KCrockaholic
08-03-2011, 08:13 PM

He just wasn't a fan of contact. And you know, football is a contact sport.

Dr. Johnny Fever
08-03-2011, 08:14 PM
Any just watch the hall of fame story on Deon Sanders? Your thoughts on the Prime Time ? I grew up watching the guy play, and loved every minute of it. Greatest CB that I personally watched play the game.

Oh crap, it thatguy again...

milkman
08-03-2011, 08:15 PM
Well evidently alot of people disagree with you, since hes in the Hall now.

Did I say he didn't deserve to be in the HoF?

I don't like his style of play, but I do know that, as I said, he was a great corner.

Backwards Masking
08-03-2011, 08:33 PM
He was a damn good baseball player too. Much better than Jordan.

ThatRaceCardGuy
08-03-2011, 08:35 PM

Really ? Micheal Irvin said he was the most physical corner he ever went up against. Irvin also pointed out that the best WRs of his era would not try to be physical with Deon because they knew Deon would win. Deon might not of been a hitter, but that wasn't his game. All Deon had to do was line up , and he pretty much shut down one side of the field, that's how he intimidated the other team..and it worked. I don't know about you , but I will take the mental intimidation that Deon imposed on teams, over the physical intimidation that a guy like Hasty, or Woodson, imposed on teams any day.

LiveSteam
08-03-2011, 09:38 PM
I will take Ronny Lott for 500 Alex.
Neon Deon was a no tackling PUSSY!

& Micheal Irvin is on CRACK !

ThatRaceCardGuy
08-03-2011, 10:04 PM
I will take Ronny Lott for 500 Alex.
Neon Deon was a no tackling PUSSY!

& Micheal Irvin is on CRACK !

Ronnie Lott is a safety , not a CB. Ronnie Lott only dreamed of having the skills that Deon had.No Defensive back EVER imposed fear in an offense like Deon did.

Mike Irvin is still one of the best WR to play during Deon`s era...regardless of his drug problem. The fact remains, Deon imposed his will on offenses for an entire decade. I will take a non tackling Deon over any other CB.

Bugeater
08-03-2011, 10:07 PM
Ronnie Lott is a safety , not a CB. Ronnie Lott only dreamed of having the skills that Deon had.No Defensive back EVER imposed fear in an offense like Deon did.

Mike Irvin is still one of the best WR to play during Deon`s era...regardless of his drug problem. The fact remains, Deon imposed his will on offenses for an entire decade. I will take a non tackling Deon over any other CB.
You'd think that someone who was as firmly attached to his balls as you are would actually know how to spell his name.

The Bad Guy
08-03-2011, 10:10 PM
He had the best cover skills ever.

Rausch
08-03-2011, 10:15 PM
In his prime, a much better "football" athlete was Rod Woodson.

Also returned kicks, also shut down Wr's, but could tackle like a safety and also picked off his share of passes...

ChiefMojo
08-03-2011, 10:19 PM
Yes Deion was the greatest cover corner of all-time, but if your true to yourself you knew Deion was HORRIBLE at tackling. He hated contact and would just dive at ball carriers legs. There was nothing textbook about his tackling ability.

He is up there with Darrell Green as one of the fastest CB's I've ever seen.

Okie_Apparition
08-03-2011, 10:25 PM
Shove a couple honeybuns up your nostrils & die in a gutter

Rausch
08-03-2011, 10:31 PM
Yes Deion was the greatest cover corner of all-time, but if your true to yourself you knew Deion was HORRIBLE at tackling. He hated contact and would just dive at ball carriers legs. There was nothing textbook about his tackling ability.

He is up there with Darrell Green as one of the fastest CB's I've ever seen.

The Expansion Panthers exposed him on offense AND on defense.

Then just fucking took his arse out the game.

I admit, I JIMPed a little...

ThatRaceCardGuy
08-03-2011, 11:11 PM
You'd think that someone who was as firmly attached to his balls as you are would actually know how to spell his name.

Dont you have a AARP discount to go use ?