PDA

View Full Version : News If you see a mother spanks her child, what would you do?

Msmith
08-05-2011, 07:50 AM
You will do differently after you read this story:

The prosecution alleges defendant Penny Chapman triggered the shooting. A man on the bus threatened to call DHS on her for spanking her child. After their argument, she allegedly made a phone call and the armed men were waiting for the bus.

Link: http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2011/08/04/four-people-held-for-trial-for-shooting-at-septa-bus/

Gonzo
08-05-2011, 07:54 AM
If you see a mother spanks her child, what would you do?

I would minds my own business unless she spank him too hards. Then I woulds calls the cop.

:D

Frazod
08-05-2011, 07:55 AM
Congratulate her. Depending on what the little fucker did, tell her to him harder.

LiveSteam
08-05-2011, 07:56 AM
Can I be next ?

SAUTO
08-05-2011, 07:58 AM
Congratulate her. Depending on what the little fucker did, tell her to him harder.

this

Dave Lane
08-05-2011, 07:59 AM
Thank her as long as she doesn't ball up her fist.

Shaid
Tell her not to worry about it and I spank my kids too.:shrug:

Radar Chief
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – It’s like something out of the movies. But, in this case the guns are real and the victims are SEPTA passengers in the wrong place at the wrong time, although remarkably no one was hit.

That sounds about right.

blaise
08-05-2011, 08:00 AM
That's like the 10th video I've seen of people getting beaten, stabbed or shot on Philadelphia buses.

BigRedChief
08-05-2011, 08:00 AM
I never once spanked my son but spanking a child on the rear on occasion is not child abuse. Obviously not what I chose but I'm not the boss of everyone else.

My thoughts were that I wanted my son to make the right choice on his own, not out of fear of physical pain.

Radar Chief
08-05-2011, 08:03 AM
Congratulate her. Depending on what the little ****er did, tell her to him harder.

That was the funny thing about the Army PX. You’d see petulant little kids getting flat lit up in the isles, with other parents would walk right by saying, “I’d have done it sooner”.

Dave Lane
08-05-2011, 08:05 AM
Oh and thats a fucked up story...

Iowanian
08-05-2011, 08:06 AM
It takes about 5 seconds in public places to tell which kids are spanked and which ones aren't.

J Diddy
08-05-2011, 08:08 AM
I'd have minded my own business. As long as the goal was to correct behavior there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. Hell after it was over I'd have sat down next to him and explained to him how it was when I was a kid.

You fucked up down the street the neighbor bopped your ass, then called your momma and you got it twice as hard when you went home.

blaise
08-05-2011, 08:12 AM
Kind of ironic that the guy who said he'd call the cops on her stepped on a little kid's head just a few minutes later.

Old Dog
08-05-2011, 08:17 AM
That was the funny thing about the Army PX. You’d see petulant little kids getting flat lit up in the isles, with other parents would walk right by saying, “I’d have done it sooner”.

Quite some time ago (my son was 5, so almost 20 years) I whacked his ass a couple times because he for some reason decided to throw himself a little fit in the PX (stationed at Ft Carson at the time). After I had popped his butt a woman remarked, "If I see you spank that child again, I'll call the MPs." Without thinking about it I told her, "You might want to mind your own damned business unless you want some of it too".
Oddly enough there was a MP standing not far away, she called him over (he had apparently overheard) and asked him "What are you going to do about this?" Without missing a beat he said, "I'm going to recommend that you mind your own business."

Infidel Goat
08-05-2011, 08:19 AM
I would tell her to watch her subject/verb agreement.

Gonzo
08-05-2011, 08:25 AM
I would tell her to watch her subject/verb agreement.

It's a verb free friday!
Posted via Mobile Device

Radar Chief
08-05-2011, 08:25 AM
Quite some time ago (my son was 5, so almost 20 years) I whacked his ass a couple times because he for some reason decided to throw himself a little fit in the PX (stationed at Ft Carson at the time). After I had popped his butt a woman remarked, "If I see you spank that child again, I'll call the MPs." Without thinking about it I told her, "You might want to mind your own damned business unless you want some of it too".
Oddly enough there was a MP standing not far away, she called him over (he had apparently overheard) and asked him "What are you going to do about this?" Without missing a beat he said, "I'm going to recommend that you mind your own business."

ROFL :thumb:

Frazod
08-05-2011, 08:29 AM
And while I don't think the whiny narc in question deserved to get shot, he definitely should have got a good mind-your-own-fucking-business ass kicking.

Perhaps the assailants wouldn't have missed with their fists. :D

luv
08-05-2011, 08:33 AM
It takes about 5 seconds in public places to tell which kids are spanked and which ones aren't.

I agree with this, for the most part. There are just some kids who are naturally well-behaved. However, nothings gets on my nerves faster than hearing a a screaming kid and a parent counting.

Rausch
08-05-2011, 08:34 AM
And while I don't think the whiny narc in question deserved to get shot...

Yes you do.

And he did...

Bump
08-05-2011, 08:36 AM
JFC

I got spanked or belted many times as a child and looking back on it, I deserved a lot worse than what I got. People need to stop acting like fucking faggots, mind their own damn business and learn how to control their kids. Nowadays all you see is kids running rampant in public without a care from their parents. If they act up, feed them cocaine in a pill or also known as adderall, ya, that's the best way to handle it.

This day in age it's fucking pathetic.

Msmith
08-05-2011, 08:36 AM
From watching the video, the kid is about 2-3 years old. You can teach a kid like this without spanking. Now if you have a kid about 6-7 years who likes to roll on the ground and whines loudly, then you can hold his head in the toilet and flush.

luv
08-05-2011, 08:39 AM
From watching the video, the kid is about 2-3 years old. You can teach a kid like this without spanking. Now if you have a kid about 6-7 years who likes to roll on the ground and whines loudly, then you can hold his head in the toilet and flush.

Actually, spanking a 2-3 year old wouldn't be as bad as spanking the 6-7 year old. They're wearing a diaper. And it's not the actual beating. You shouldn't have to spank very hard. It's the act of breaking their will. When I was little, it was more about the humiliation of getting a spanking in public that kept me in line.

NOTE: I don't have kids, so this is strictly observation. Also dealings with my nieces and nephew.

MTG#10
08-05-2011, 08:41 AM
Philadelphia is such a classy city

Donger
08-05-2011, 08:42 AM

LMAO

Nzoner
08-05-2011, 08:45 AM
In a related story I have a female friend(single mother) who recently got all but beat up by her 15 year old daughter.She told me her daughter even dared her to call the police because she'd have her thrown in jail.Sadly,my friend took the abuse and is now in the process of shipping her daughter's ass to another state with other relatives.

I don't agree with how she handled it,(personally if it were me I'd have beat the teen's ass and handed her the phone myself) but it does go to show that this bs of people not minding their own business and turning people in for doing what's right has given a power to some kids that no kid deserves.

blaise
08-05-2011, 08:48 AM
It depends on what she was doing as spanking. I mean, if she's beating the hell out of a 2 year old's backside it could be a little concerning.

Bob Dole
08-05-2011, 08:56 AM
Nice reaction time by the bus driver...

wazu
08-05-2011, 09:06 AM
I'm a believer in spanking, but I will say I can't imagine spanking my kids on a city bus. Not because of worry about people calling DHS, but I just don't like making a scene like that.

durtyrute
08-05-2011, 09:09 AM

THis

J Diddy
08-05-2011, 09:13 AM
I'm a believer in spanking, but I will say I can't imagine spanking my kids on a city bus. Not because of worry about people calling DHS, but I just don't like making a scene like that.

If the kid has made the scene, shouldn't there be an attempt to try and stop it? Preferably, (in my case, perhaps, not so much hers) without handing the kid your balls

J Diddy
08-05-2011, 09:14 AM
Congratulate her. Depending on what the little ****er did, tell her to him harder.

frazod: Ma'am
lady: what
frazod: you're doing it wrong
lady: why do you say that
frazod: you're not adjusting for wind

blaise
08-05-2011, 09:16 AM
If the kid has made the scene, shouldn't there be an attempt to try and stop it? Preferably, (in my case, perhaps, not so much hers) without handing the kid your balls

If the kid is making a scene, but let's be honest. Not every parent that spanks their kid in public has good reason. I see people spanking kids in Wal Mart all the time and sometimes I think, "You're spanking him for that?"

The Franchise
08-05-2011, 09:18 AM
In a related story I have a female friend(single mother) who recently got all but beat up by her 15 year old daughter.She told me her daughter even dared her to call the police because she'd have her thrown in jail.Sadly,my friend took the abuse and is now in the process of shipping her daughter's ass to another state with other relatives.

I don't agree with how she handled it,(personally if it were me I'd have beat the teen's ass and handed her the phone myself) but it does go to show that this bs of people not minding their own business and turning people in for doing what's right has given a power to some kids that no kid deserves.

There are things you can hit them with....that don't leave bruises. Tell her to check the internet next time.

Frazod
08-05-2011, 09:22 AM
Yes you do.

And he did...

Well, let's just say I wouldn't have lost any sleep over it..... :)

Bump
08-05-2011, 09:26 AM
If the kid is making a scene, but let's be honest. Not every parent that spanks their kid in public has good reason. I see people spanking kids in Wal Mart all the time and sometimes I think, "You're spanking him for that?"

people that shop at wal mart probably shouldn't be having kids in the first place.

J Diddy

I understand what you're saying, however, you don't know the circumstances of the behavior. If the issue has been going on so long that it's officially the end of the road and the line has been drawn. All that is seen in that instance is but a mere snapshot to make a judgement. Furthermore, your opinion of what is a justifiable public spanking has no merit, because it is not your child. That is why I have the opinion that it is best to let parents go about disciplining their children the way that they see fit.

Obviously, this doesn't mean I would sit idly by and let a parent beat their kid to an inch of their lives. It does mean that if the child weren't in a situation that they are in danger I wouldn't say a damned thing. Hell, I might nod in approval. At least they're caring enough about their children to try and raise them.

Bob Dole
I agree with this, for the most part. There are just some kids who are naturally well-behaved. However, nothings gets on my nerves faster than hearing a a screaming kid and a parent counting.

Bob Dole had his great-niece (5) at the store awhile back and she started squalling. Bob Dole informed her that he didn't count like Mom did, and she stopped.

suzzer99
08-05-2011, 09:27 AM
There are things you can hit them with....that don't leave bruises. Tell her to check the internet next time.

Tell your teacher you fell off the swing. Because hell... hell is for children.

Frazod
08-05-2011, 09:29 AM
Bob Dole had his great-niece (5) at the store awhile back and she started squalling. Bob Dole informed her that he didn't count like Mom did, and she stopped.

I can't imagine you'd have much trouble getting kids to behave themselves. That wild-eyed stare of yours is probably enough to freeze a kindergartner's blood in about 15 seconds. LMAO

Reerun_KC

ROFL

watch let me show you the proper technic on my fridge...

blaise
people that shop at wal mart probably shouldn't be having kids in the first place.

Nor should people that don't capitalize the first word in a sentence.

rockymtnchief
08-05-2011, 09:38 AM

:thumb:

I'll have to remember that.

Huffmeister
08-05-2011, 09:56 AM
It's a verb free friday!
Posted via Mobile Device

We, we, we so excited!

Radar Chief
08-05-2011, 10:03 AM

Exactly. If you’re afraid to make a scene on a bus that’s the place your kid is going to choose for their next fit.

Rausch
08-05-2011, 10:06 AM
We, we, we so excited!

You tried...

wazu
08-05-2011, 10:31 AM

Yes. Probably a little difficult to relate because my kids don't make scenes in public, and are generally responsive to a stern word or two. Of course, they weren't born that way, and once or twice had to be removed from public areas and spanked when younger. I'm also a believer in the "follow-up" punishment once we aren't in public any longer. They learn quickly.

Okie_Apparition
08-05-2011, 10:32 AM
Please learn to spank...

Otter
08-05-2011, 10:34 AM
High five her and tell her to take it in the butt next time.

Iowanian
08-05-2011, 10:34 AM
I don't spank my kids in public, but they know if we leave a public place because of behavior issues, there is a toll to pay when we get to the car/home.

It's not necessary very often after they know what I mean when I say "do you need a boost?"

Mr. Laz
08-05-2011, 10:35 AM
'spanking' I would do nothing.

'beating the shit out of ...' then you call the cops

Iowanian
08-05-2011, 10:37 AM
I guess the correct answer on this story would be
"if you interfere with corporal punishment in Philidelphia, you shoot your way off of the bus."

otherstar
08-05-2011, 10:40 AM
'spanking' I would do nothing.

'beating the shit out of ...' then you call the cops

This is what I would do.

I don't approve of spanking, but I'm not going to tell someone else what they can and cannot do unless it's clearly abuse (closed fist, etc.). We seldom have problems with our kids in public because we teach them right from wrong, AND we seldom take them out if we think there is going to be a problem. We have four kids: aged 10, 7, 4, and 2. The youngest two are the most likely to cause problems and if we sense there could be a problem, we don't take them out...or once a problem begins, we leave. The older two never cause problems when out anymore.

Bump
08-05-2011, 11:05 AM
Nor should people that don't capitalize the first word in a sentence.

You're right, I was retired but maybe I should get my job back with the grammar police. I've been slipping.

J Diddy
08-05-2011, 11:13 AM
I think everything boils down to just one question before the proper course of action is taken. That question would be, "is the chick hot or not."

If she's hot, help beat the child and get some digits. If she's not, I think you just leave well enough alone. The kids already going to grow up to be ugly and needs to be tough.

ForeverChiefs58
08-05-2011, 11:21 AM
The mom probably wouldn't have anyone say anything to her if she would have been wearing this lovely t-shirt.

http://homeshopsite.com/img_goods/urban/snitches-get-stitches-pre.jpg

SDChiefs
08-05-2011, 11:27 AM
Kick the shit out of the kid and tell her, you're welcome.

ForeverChiefs58
08-05-2011, 11:39 AM
I don't spank my kids in public, but they know if we leave a public place because of behavior issues, there is a toll to pay when we get to the car/home.

It's not necessary very often after they know what I mean when I say "do you need a boost?"

I have seen parents beat their kids at the store just for touching something. When it makes you uncomfortable you think to yourself, "I wonder what happens behind closed doors."

Usually kids only act up for attention, good or bad, they don't care cause they neeed/want the attention. I have three and have only had to spank the middle child. The others I only have to use a deep serious voice and they will stop what they are doing. The middle one will try to push to see what he can get away with. He also requires the most attention, and knows any type of spanking is a last resort to change bad behavior. Rewarding and making a fuss over good behavior is prob the best way to achieve it, but they have to know if they cross a certain line a spanking is coming.

Fansy the Famous Bard
08-05-2011, 11:51 AM
I don't, nor will ever spank my kids in public. I will, however grab them by the arm, yank them close and whisper in their ear "we'll be behind closed doors soon, and they will have wished they had listened to me".

Just Passin' By
08-05-2011, 11:57 AM
Unless she's beating the kid beyond all reason, it's none of my business.

Rausch
08-05-2011, 12:00 PM
I don't, nor will ever spank my kids in public.

You should.

You do it once and they're pretty ****ing sure there isn't anywhere Dad/Mom won't whoop that azz.

Not because it's a bluff but because it's ****ing true...

Fansy the Famous Bard
08-05-2011, 12:05 PM
I spank 'em, don't get me wrong. I'l light that ass up, take a break, check to see if I missed a spot, and then bring the apocalypse again. But, I just can't do it in public for whatever reason. And for the record, my kids are pretty well behaved in public (the older 3 at least). The three year old still needs to be broken a bit. :evil:

Radar Chief
08-05-2011, 12:24 PM
Please learn to spank...

Don’t spank with the palm of the hand, spank with the fingers. And don’t cup your hand, spread your fingers for less wind resistance and more sting. Done properly it shouldn’t take more than a swat or two to get their attention. /Spanking 101

Dr. Johnny Fever
08-05-2011, 01:31 PM
I got spanked when I was a kid. I grew up just fine. In fact I'm glad my mom and dad did it. I didn't need to be raised as a punk ass bitch who thought I was untouchable.

When my daughter was young she probably got spanked a handful (pun) of times and she learned. My ex-wife was really good at discipline though even without spanking and both her girl and mine learned how to be respectful and polite at an early age.

Spanking is fine. Not beating... spanking. We're a society of pussys enough we don't need to get pissed at parents for spanking too.

bevischief
08-05-2011, 02:05 PM
I would clap.:clap:

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-05-2011, 02:37 PM

This.

And I'll add; buy her some ice cream.

keg in kc
08-05-2011, 02:39 PM
I would do nothing, because it's none of my fucking business.

Earthling
08-05-2011, 03:44 PM
I would do nothing, because it's none of my ****ing business.

Pretty much this unless its severe and excessive.

TimeForWasp
08-05-2011, 03:57 PM
How many would spank their monkey?

Chiefs_5627
08-05-2011, 04:35 PM
<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/pV03fVU976Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

KurtCobain
08-05-2011, 04:49 PM
What if youre in a store and the kids starts crying for something, they're warned sternly, and then when they don't stop, they're smacked hard across the face?

mdstu
08-05-2011, 05:20 PM
What if youre in a store and the kids starts crying for something, they're warned sternly, and then when they don't stop, they're smacked hard across the face?

Does this hypothetical occur in Philly?

stevieray
08-05-2011, 05:23 PM
...ask to hold her purse?

lcarus
08-05-2011, 05:23 PM
I wouldn't do anything if I saw someone spanking their kid. I don't think it's morally wrong or anything for a parent to spank their kids when they do something bad, but I don't think it's an effective method of parenting.

KurtCobain
08-05-2011, 05:26 PM
Does this hypothetical occur in Philly?

Sure.

But seriously, I've thudded my kids pretty hard on the back of the head when they deserved it. I've also gone as far to use a belt on their butts. So does it make me a hypocrite if I saw a parent slap a child hard across the face and thought that it was disgusting? I would never smack my kid in the face.

KurtCobain
08-05-2011, 05:30 PM
And if I were to take my kid on the bus, all it takes is to mention what kind of work shes doing when we get home(stuff like pulling weeds) and the fit is finished.

Bugeater
08-05-2011, 05:34 PM
Nothing.

KurtCobain
08-05-2011, 05:35 PM
Tell her I'll do it ten times worse if that little fucker comes in my yard.

fyp

mdstu
08-05-2011, 05:42 PM
I spanked my daughter when she was 5 -6 y/o, but I finally just quit because it didn't do any good. I found alternatives that were much more effective.

As far as the face slap, I mind my own business. It is gonna take some serious assault to get me to intervene into other peoples shitty lives. I pretty much feel that anything more than a couple swats across the ass is too much, but "My name's Paul and that's between y'all".

Fish
08-05-2011, 05:47 PM
Just ask if you can help. It's a real tension breaker, and a great intro to a conversation..

Earthling
08-05-2011, 05:48 PM
I spanked my daughter when she was 5 -6 y/o, but I finally just quit because it didn't do any good. I found alternatives that were much more effective.

I hear ya. But its so damn time consuming setting up the water board and all...;)

alnorth
08-05-2011, 05:51 PM
You will do differently after you read this story:

No I wouldn't. I would, and still would, mind my own business and do nothing. Unless we're talking about serious physical injury with blood flying.

WhiteWhale
08-05-2011, 05:52 PM
Spanking is just a form of discipline.

I don't think it's the best or even a very good method personally. I don't condemn people who spank their kids either.

I'll judge this by the fact that she called some armed goons to shoot up a bus because one guy pissed her off. I have no doubt that bitch has major anger issues and I'm also pretty sure that millions of unspanked kids will spend less time in jail than that poor 3 year old.

Maybe the 3 year old was crying because he hadn't eaten in 3 fuckin days. Would you help her? Congratulate her? Spanking doesn't equate good parenting, and it's sad that so many people seem to think it does.

listopencil
08-05-2011, 05:56 PM
..more about the humiliation of getting a spanking in public that kept me in line.

Yes, go on...

J Diddy
08-05-2011, 05:57 PM
If you see a mother spanks her child, what would you do?

I'm Motherlover, what do you think I'd do?

Earthling
08-05-2011, 05:57 PM
Spanking doesn't equate good parenting, and it's sad that so many people seem to think it does.

Good parenting also does not equate to non-spanking. But I never saw that as being the question or any making that claim.

griZZly64
08-05-2011, 06:46 PM
Mother of the year. I love it. Get us more parents like that and maybe I won't have to hear little midget heathens scream "I HATE YOU!" to their parents everytime they don't get exactly what they wanted. Some kids just come out good and with some common sense. But there are plenty of others that need a smack on the ass to remind them right from wrong.

griZZly64
08-05-2011, 06:47 PM

I don't think it's the best or even a very good method personally. I don't condemn people who spank their kids either.

I'll judge this by the fact that she called some armed goons to shoot up a bus because one guy pissed her off. I have no doubt that bitch has major anger issues and I'm also pretty sure that millions of unspanked kids will spend less time in jail than that poor 3 year old.

Maybe the 3 year old was crying because he hadn't eaten in 3 ****in days. Would you help her? Congratulate her? Spanking doesn't equate good parenting, and it's sad that so many people seem to think it does.

Soft

BigChiefFan
08-05-2011, 07:03 PM
I'd mind my own damn business.

J Diddy
08-05-2011, 08:49 PM

Maybe the 3 year old was crying because he hadn't eaten in 3 ****in days. Would you help her? Congratulate her? Spanking doesn't equate good parenting, and it's sad that so many people seem to think it does.

Maybe the 3 year old wasn't a 3 year old. It was a midget, drug dealing hitman. Maybe she spanked the hitman on the ass because she physically didn't want to hurt the little fellow. Therefore she is being chastised unfairly as she not only was trying to stop and correct a drug dealing midget, she was acting with compassion. Perhaps the 2 gun toting gangster would have been there anyway because they were on the drug dealing midgets payroll and had been sent to kill everyone.

This is awesome assuming so much to fit my views on what could have happened.

BossChief
08-05-2011, 09:10 PM
If I didnt get spanked as a kid when I did wrong, I'm not sure I would know the difference between right and wrong as much as I do nowadays.

That said, there is definitely a line that shouldn't be crossed.

Ive seen kids bleed from a spanking. If your kid still isn't listening and it gets to that point, its time to take another course of action as a parent.

Chains and knives are a couple examples.

mdstu
08-05-2011, 09:53 PM
Maybe the 3 year old wasn't a 3 year old. It was a midget, drug dealing hitman. Maybe she spanked the hitman on the ass because she physically didn't want to hurt the little fellow. Therefore she is being chastised unfairly as she not only was trying to stop and correct a drug dealing midget, she was acting with compassion. Perhaps the 2 gun toting gangster would have been there anyway because they were on the drug dealing midgets payroll and had been sent to kill everyone.

This is awesome assuming so much to fit my views on what could have happened.

But you have to admit that the fact that she was able to immediately assemble a crew with fully automatic weapons, could lead some to assume that she might not be mother of the year.