PDA

View Full Version : Tickets What do you think of Stub Hub?

Lzen
08-05-2011, 03:21 PM
I'm thinking of picking up some tix to the season opener. I'm just not sure I trust Stub Hub. There are some bad reviews on resellerratings.com. Has anyone had experience with purchasing tix from them? How did it go? They have tix for the season opener starting at $19. Yeah, the shipping is $11. But that still makes it only about $30 per ticket.

http://www.stubhub.com/kansas-city-chiefs-tickets/chiefs-vs-bills-arrowhead-stadium-1068418/

Urc Burry
08-05-2011, 03:22 PM
I had 8th row in the playoff game in one of the corners for $60 bucks a piece off of stubhub...not from the KC area so I was concerned, but it was legit.. picked them up at that hotel right outside of arrowhead

sedated
08-05-2011, 03:24 PM
They get you with the service fees, which don't show up until the end of the transaction. When I got MNF tickets last year, they added $25 per ticket.

I have no problem with them, because I'm the type of person that wants to pick exactly where I sit, and am willing to pay for it. I can't stand the "best available" option on ticketmaster (which also has ludicrous fees anyway) - what's to say my best is the computer's best? For instance, I'd rather sit in upper level end zone than lower level corner, and I'd rather sit row 30 near midfield than row 2 around the 10 yard line.

Delivery has never been an issue, but I've always ordered them well in advance.

threebag
08-05-2011, 03:25 PM
eBay is the best way to go IMO.

Lzen
08-05-2011, 03:28 PM
eBay is the best way to go IMO.

Yeah, I'm thinking I may go that route. $25 service fees? Screw that!

threebag
08-05-2011, 03:29 PM
Never had a problem. Met some cool people. Had some great fucking seats.

wazu
08-05-2011, 03:37 PM
I'm a big fan of Stubhub. Very easy to use and never had any issues. As for the service charges, I figure I'm saving the difference and more by being able to pick seats easily and see a competitive price list from sellers. Good service.

OnTheWarpath15
08-05-2011, 03:37 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330489964161&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

sedated
08-05-2011, 03:41 PM

I'm sure it varies based on price. The $25 was for MNF on the 50, can't remeber how much but think they were around $100 each. $20 tickets couldn't be more than $5 or $10.

Which makes me wonder, don't people usually give away preseason tickets like halloween candy?

TinyEvel
08-05-2011, 03:45 PM
How the heck are you getting 50 yd line seats for $100? Stubhub in California is a sh!tload of $$$ for chargers games. I get my arrowhead seat on ebay or let one of my studly CP pals get them. :thumb:

sedated
08-05-2011, 03:48 PM
How the heck are you getting 50 yd line seats for $100?

They were way the F up there.

Which is actually pretty nice now that they built the covered bathroom/concession area at the top.

DTLB58
08-05-2011, 04:10 PM
You think you are getting a good deal until the service fee pops up.

There are better deals out there.

Third Eye
08-05-2011, 04:19 PM
I love it. eBay is good too. Just bought 2 tix for the season opener. 8 rows up in the third tier on the homeside 20 yardline. Tix were $57 each, plus $11 service charge, plus $11 for shipping. All told $137 for 2 tix that I got to choose, still below face even with shipping and service fee.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-05-2011, 04:23 PM
I'm looking for Chiefs vs Chargers MNF tickets I was thinking of going this route but not now thanks.

88TG88
08-05-2011, 04:27 PM
I have no problem with them, because I'm the type of person that wants to pick exactly where I sit, and am willing to pay for it.

Same, works great and prices are fine if you buy really early

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
08-05-2011, 04:43 PM
I used StubHub to get my tickets to the Chiefs/Redskins game at D.C.

Row 14, 45 yard line behind the visitor's bench.

Had NO problem with the service fee to get those tickets.

Walked up to the window next to "Will call", they checked my I.D., handed me an envelope with the ticket inside, and that was that.

No worry about a seller backing out with my money or something getting lost in the mail.

Easiest transaction I've had.

BigRock
08-05-2011, 05:00 PM
I like the Ticket Exchange thing the NFL does through Ticketmaster. You can pick exactly where you want your seats, as opposed to the vague "best available" or whatever the box office does. That's the method they encourage season ticket holders to sell their stuff through, and there's no delivery or pick-up needed with those. It's instant, you can just print the ticket.

And if someone's routinely putting good seats up for sale, you can look up other games and find those same seats again.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-05-2011, 05:05 PM
I like the Ticket Exchange thing the NFL does through Ticketmaster. You can pick exactly where you want your seats, as opposed to the vague "best available" or whatever the box office does. That's the method they encourage season ticket holders to sell their stuff through, and there's no delivery or pick-up needed with those. It's instant, you can just print the ticket.

And if someone's routinely putting good seats up for sale, you can look up other games and find those same seats again.

Thanks man

alnorth
08-05-2011, 06:02 PM
Stubhub is my go-to place for tickets, I don't even bother with ebay. Their reputation is solid, and you can be pretty well assured that you are going to get the tickets. Especially if it is a printable e-ticket where the team partnered up with stubhub and a season ticket holder sold it back through stubhub, in which case it is a stone-cold lock that you'll get the ticket barring a complete disaster. (I know the royals do that, pretty sure the chiefs do too)

And, of course, the selection is large and you can pretty well pick roughly where you'll sit. For all of that, you pay for it. Ebay is cheaper, I'm just not comfortable buying tickets on Ebay (where you might not know there's a problem until you get there and your day is ruined) when stubhub is available.

Bugeater
08-05-2011, 06:02 PM
The dude who I'm going to Vikings game with just ordered our tickets, the service fee was only $15 and some change total for 4 upper end zone seats.

ChiefsCountry
08-05-2011, 06:04 PM
Never have used it, I always buy from the venue.

KCrockaholic
08-05-2011, 06:07 PM
Just used stubhub for the first time a couple days ago when I ordered my tickets for the Chiefs-Vikings game. Hopefully all goes well. It said I should have the tickets mailed to my house by September 19th.

cabletech94
08-05-2011, 06:36 PM
not to hijack this, but do you think these venues will have all-star tickets too?
i'm too far away to buy even a 12 ticket pack, etc. but man, gotta get to this experience.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
08-05-2011, 06:39 PM
Never have used it, I always buy from the venue.

Can't do that at FedEx Field.

Redskins do NOT sell single game tickets.

Season or nothing.

BigRedChief
08-05-2011, 06:41 PM
I've used Stub Hub for years. Never had an issue. Every deal was done as ordered. You don't like the convience and guarantee of the deal, don't pay the service fee and take your chances on EBay or craigslist.

SAUTO
08-05-2011, 06:56 PM
Stub hub had always worked for me...
Posted via Mobile Device

CrazyPhuD
08-05-2011, 07:09 PM
Use them once....got punched in the face at the end by their buyer fees. Will likely never use them again.

sedated
08-05-2011, 07:34 PM
There are better deals out there.

Example?

Saulbadguy
08-05-2011, 07:45 PM
Example?

Monetary wise, scalpers. You won't always get exactly what you want, though.

wazu
08-05-2011, 08:46 PM
Monetary wise, scalpers. You won't always get exactly what you want, though.

That's the thing. With Stubhub you get to see a bunch of seats together and make an informed decision in a matter of a couple of minutes. And since there are lots of people selling, there is a market price that is constantly being set that you can see across the board so you know you aren't getting screwed. That's what you are buying with the fees they charge.

08-05-2011, 09:01 PM
Ebay or NFL Ticket Exchange is all I will use.

luv
08-05-2011, 10:11 PM
I use Stub Hub a lot.

BigRedChief
08-06-2011, 07:12 AM
Use them once....got punched in the face at the end by their buyer fees. Will likely never use them again.Its a business, not a public service. You wern't aware they charge a fee for their services? You don't want to pay the fees, don't use the service. You pay "convience fees" buying tickets at the stadium window. There is no free rides except Ebay and Craigslist for these fees for a buyer.

Stewie
08-06-2011, 07:19 AM
I bought Royals home opener tickets from Stub Hub a couple years back. The price was OK and they left them at Will Call for me. Worked out well.

Ticketsforless.com is a good choice, too.

JD10367
08-06-2011, 08:02 AM
You can only use TicketExchange if you're on your team's season-ticket waitlist or are a season ticket holder. But if you can, it's worth it. I think they jack the price 10% over face with "service charges", which isn't too bad. Up here, even with the Patriots being sold out, you can still get tons of tickets midweek as season ticketholders turn them in.

Right now through TicketExchange I can get tickets to the Pats/Fins on 12/24 for the four price tiers of $186, $129, $98, and $71. Stubhub has those tickets at MUCH more money. (Granted, if you use StubHub for a less-popular event, you'll probably find tickets at face or even cheaper than face if they really want to dump the tickets.)

If you have access to these, though, be careful about letting friends and strangers buy them off you*. At least up here--and I don't know if it's widespread NFL policy--if some schmuck uses your season tickets and gets thrown out, YOU lose YOUR season tickets.

*As a secondhand buyer... that is, if a season-ticket holder sells them on TE, and you--as another season-ticket holder--buy them, and then you hand those to a friend or stranger, and that person gets thrown out, YOU lose your privileges. Not the original seller. Which is why they created this in the first place... so season-ticket holders could sell their tickets and not take responsibility. (Although technically I don't think they're "selling" them; with the Pats, they give you some form of credit towards next season's season-ticket purchase or something like that.)

Chiefs Pantalones
08-06-2011, 09:54 AM
I thought anyone could buy from ticket exchange

Predarat
08-06-2011, 11:43 AM
With Ticketmaster exchange I think its only Season Ticket Holders that can sell, but everyone can buy. At least thats how it is in Nashville, they have different scalping rules then KC. But for me that is the first place I go, then Ebay, then Stubhub. Craigslist is unreliable, I prefer dealing with Sclapers then Craigslist.

08-06-2011, 11:45 AM
I'm not a season ticket holder and I purchased my playoff tickets last year on TicketExchange.

08-06-2011, 11:45 AM
With Ticketmaster exchange I think its only Season Ticket Holders that can sell, but everyone can buy. At least thats how it is in Nashville, they have different scalping rules then KC. But for me that is the first place I go, then Ebay, then Stubhub. Craigslist is unreliable, I prefer dealing with Sclapers then Craigslist.
Ahh, well that makes sense.

JD10367
08-06-2011, 11:57 AM
Nope, here you have to be a season-ticket holder or on the wait list. I can't do screen capture in work but here's the wording on the page when I open it:

Welcome to the Patriots Ticket Exchange!

PLEASE NOTE: In order to use this service you must be a New England Patriot Season Ticket Holder or a Wait List Member. Tickets held for pick up on the day of the game will ONLY be released to the person whose name appears on the Season Ticket or Wait List account.

08-06-2011, 12:00 PM
Nope, here you have to be a season-ticket holder or on the wait list. I can't do screen capture in work but here's the wording on the page when I open it:

PLEASE NOTE: In order to use this service you must be a New England Patriot Season Ticket Holder or a Wait List Member. Tickets held for pick up on the day of the game will ONLY be released to the person whose name appears on the Season Ticket or Wait List account.

Well that is pretty damn stupid.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-06-2011, 12:15 PM

Dang. It's not that way with Chiefs tickets, I was looking at the site and anyone can buy.

08-06-2011, 12:17 PM
Dang. It's not that way with Chiefs tickets, I was looking at the site and anyone can buy.
That was the whole point of Ticket Exchange. So fans without season tickets could get access to unsused season tickets.

It doesn't make any sense to limit it to only season ticket holders other than their push to put you on their waiting list. Wonder what the revenue is on that?

JD10367
08-06-2011, 12:26 PM
That was the whole point of Ticket Exchange. So fans without season tickets could get access to unsused season tickets.

It doesn't make any sense to limit it to only season ticket holders other than their push to put you on their waiting list. Wonder what the revenue is on that?

AFAIK the reason it's around is twofold.

#1: For season-ticket holders, they take responsibility for whoever is in their seats. If the person in your seats gets ejected, you lose your season tickets. With TicketExchange, since the buyers are also Season Ticket holders (or on the Wait List), they assume that responsibility. If you have Patriots season tickets, and I buy them, and I get shitfaced and thrown out, then it's I, not you, who lose their season-ticket rights.

#2: It provides a place for season-ticket holders to "resell" their tickets and get something out of it (in the Patriots' case it's applied to next season's season ticket cost) and cuts down on scalpers and scalping sites like StubHub, who can gouge for three or four times the face value.

Obviously, this system works best for a venue or team where tickets are hard to come by. For the Tampa Bay Rays, for example, TicketExchange is a useless idea.

It's kind of a middle step between being a season-ticket holder and being a public Joe. For $100 per seat, I'm on the Patriots' season-ticket wait-list. If I want to get off the list, I get my money back. In the meantime, I can use TicketExchange to buy up to 4 seats per game (even though I only have 2 names on the wait list), plus I get free entry into the annual in-stadium practice (which they just held this past Wednesday night, and 18,000 people showed up to watch a two-hour shorts-and-shells practice, which gives you an indication of how popular the Patriots are). The only way I lose my $200 is if season tickets become available and they offer them to me and I refuse them (which is very unlikely to happen unless and until Belichick and Brady retire).

JD10367
08-06-2011, 12:28 PM
More wording from the site...

If you are not a Season Ticket Holder or Wait List Member, you will have to join the wait list in order to participate in this program. To join, visit www.patriots.com/thelist and download an application or apply online. Contact the ticket office at tickets@patriots.com for more information.

The Patriots TicketExchange is a service that lets you purchase Patriots tickets for seats not being used by Season Ticket Holders. Buying at the Patriots TicketExchange is easy! If email delivery is available for your account, you will receive the tickets you purchased right away. So check out what’s available at the Patriots TicketExchange. Existing Season Ticket Holders, Wait List Members, and Revolution Season Ticket Holders should select the game they would like to attend below and log in when prompted.

Please note: There is a four (4) ticket limit per game. Any account purchasing more than four (4) tickets on TicketExchange for any single game, will have their account suspended or revoked.

Tickets held for pick up on the day of the game will ONLY be released to the person whose name appears on the Season Ticket or Wait List account. Photo ID and the Visa card used for purchase must be present to pick up tickets. Name changes are not allowed on tickets purchased via this service. Refunds will not be given for tickets not picked up.

The New England Patriots strictly prohibit and will not tolerate inappropriate behavior at Gillette Stadium. Resale of tickets purchased through TicketExchange, or other violation of ticket resale or other stadium policies will result in loss of tickets without ticket refund, ejection without ticket refund and loss of season ticket and/or wait list privileges including permanent removal from the season ticket and/or wait list.

Predarat
08-06-2011, 12:29 PM
For the Predators if you sell your tickets they can credit it towards your season ticket payments. That is damn convienent.

Idahojim
08-06-2011, 12:30 PM
I've used Stub Hub for both NFL and MLB games. Never had a problem. Very convenient!

Lzen
08-06-2011, 03:23 PM
Sweet! I just used NFL Ticket Exchange. Thanks for the suggestions, everyone.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-07-2011, 03:10 PM
Has anyone ever bought from greatseats.com? Legit?

Chiefs Pantalones
08-08-2011, 03:55 PM

Anyone?

Chiefs Pantalones
08-08-2011, 04:38 PM
Has anyone ever sat in section 118 or 120? Nice?

Bugeater
08-08-2011, 04:55 PM
No.

Anyone?
No.

Has anyone ever sat in section 118 or 120? Nice?
No.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-08-2011, 04:56 PM
No.

No.

No.

It's like I'm raping you.

scho63
07-10-2016, 12:37 PM
I just jumped onto StubHub looking for tickets to a Pirates game in Pittsburgh and they used to have a search feature when on the specific event to sort by each column; Section, Row, Price, Value. Now it's gone and that was my favorite feature! Also the new "rollover" feature when you are in a section is nearly impossible to use as it blocks the section with the popup window! A pin to select tickets to preview. Goddamn improvements my ass.

Also logged into Ticketmaster and their sight sucks even worse. To see an event out of your city and pick a specific date range is so unintuitive and a real pain in the ass to use!

I just want to buy tickets JFC!

Dunit35
07-10-2016, 11:52 PM
I used vividseats the other day for Royals tickets. They were a few dollars cheaper than stub hub for the same seats.

scho63
07-11-2016, 04:09 AM
I used vividseats the other day for Royals tickets. They were a few dollars cheaper than stub hub for the same seats.

Thanks for the idea. I heard of them once before. Reliable? :hmmm:

rocknrolla
07-11-2016, 07:44 AM

I've used them a couple of time for concerts, never had a problem. Usually better selection of seats.

Pasta Little Brioni
07-11-2016, 07:56 AM
Competition is good. Stib hubs fees are a fucking joke.

Predarat
07-11-2016, 10:51 AM
Glad Stub Hub is mostly print at home now. Some venues do not allow them to use their Will Call on premise so you have to go out of your way to pick up the tickets in some temporarily set up office. Luckily that option is less and less as the years go by and most are print at home.

Dunit35
07-11-2016, 12:19 PM

Only time I've bought from them and didn't have a problem with the purchase. I haven't been to the game yet but they say there is a 100% guarantee that the tickets are good.

Lex Luthor
07-11-2016, 12:28 PM
Competition is good. Stib hubs fees are a ****ing joke.

Stubhub adds value, and they deserve to get paid. They're not going to do it for free.

If you want to go to an event and Stubhub is an option, you just have to decide if their service is worth the cost. There is no right answer for everybody.

If a competitor adds the same value and charges less, that's great for everybody (except, I suppose, Stubhub).

jspchief
07-11-2016, 12:42 PM
NFL ticket exchange

Pasta Little Brioni
07-11-2016, 08:07 PM
Stubhub adds value, and they deserve to get paid. They're not going to do it for free.

If you want to go to an event and Stubhub is an option, you just have to decide if their service is worth the cost. There is no right answer for everybody.

If a competitor adds the same value and charges less, that's great for everybody (except, I suppose, Stubhub).

What a joke ROFL nobody said anything about free

BWillie
02-20-2018, 06:14 PM
Anybody noticed if Stub Hubs fees are increasing? Bought two Oklahoma vs Kansas tickets last night on there and the fee was about $25-$30 PER ticket. I seemed to recall the ticket fees being MUCH less before.

Perhaps I'll have to check out competitors for Big 12 tourney tickets.

Dartgod
02-20-2018, 07:53 PM
Anybody noticed if Stub Hubs fees are increasing? Bought two Oklahoma vs Kansas tickets last night on there and the fee was about $25-$30 PER ticket. I seemed to recall the ticket fees being MUCH less before.

Perhaps I'll have to check out competitors for Big 12 tourney tickets.

Tickets For Less (https://www.ticketsforless.com/).

Local company and NO fees. I've used them about 4 times for various events.

eDave
02-20-2018, 08:01 PM
I've found craigslist to be the goto spot for tickets.

Lex Luthor
02-20-2018, 08:03 PM
My big fear about buying tickets online is this: What do you do if you show up at the gate, they scan your tickets, and they say "Sorry, these tickets have already been used"?

At least StubHub guarantees you'll get your money back if that happens. Not sure about eBay.

I do know that I bought tickets to game #6 of the 2014 World Series on Stubhub, and the transaction was handled flawlessly.