PDA

View Full Version : Home and Auto Rock Paper Scissors House Tree

kc rush
08-07-2011, 04:58 PM
Rock beats scissors
Scissors beats paper
Paper beats rock
Tree beats house

A storm knocked a tree through our house last night. Two giant holes and several buckets of water make it uninhabitable.

The kids are off with the grandparents while my wife and I figure out what to do. Luckily everyone is ok and few of our possessions were damaged. We are waiting for the insurance adjuster to come in tomorrow so we can figure out our plans.

Good vibes are appreciated.

Bugeater
08-07-2011, 05:03 PM
You're in Lincoln, right? We got a taste of that storm too.

Dr. Johnny Fever
08-07-2011, 05:12 PM
Wow that sucks. Requested good vibes your way.

mlyonsd
08-07-2011, 05:18 PM
Yeah that does suck. Seems you're taking it pretty well, good for you. Stuff you can fix, not so much if the tree lands on a member of the family. I hope the insurance company covers your loss and it's fixed before FB season.

kc rush
08-07-2011, 06:40 PM
You're in Lincoln, right? We got a taste of that storm too.

Yeah. It came through in several waves last night.

kc rush
08-07-2011, 06:47 PM
Yeah that does suck. Seems you're taking it pretty well, good for you. Stuff you can fix, not so much if the tree lands on a member of the family. I hope the insurance company covers your loss and it's fixed before FB season.

What else can you do. It's laugh or cry.

When I was downsized a couple of years ago we moved up here. I did what I had to do then, and I'll do the same now.

KurtCobain
08-07-2011, 06:58 PM
That sounds not fun. These storms have been crazy. Best to you and yours.

Bugeater
08-07-2011, 07:10 PM
Yeah. It came through in several waves last night.
Huh, we only got hit once, but it was pretty freaking intense for a little while. I had left the driver's side window on my truck open about 1/2", and it got wet all the way onto the inside of the passenger door. I'm surprised we didn't have more damage around here.