PDA

View Full Version : Video Games EA Sports: Madden 2012 Player Rankings

CoMoChief
08-10-2011, 03:16 PM
There's a Madden 2012 thread in the media forum, but I know lots of people like to discuss this anyways, even if they don't play or plan on buying the game. So I think this is thread-start worthy in it's own right, as opposed to being buried in the Madden thread.

Charles is going to be a ****ing stud in that game. Speed absolutely kills in this video game franchise (always has). Some Chiefs players (as expected) got the shaft on their attributes ratings, and it also doesn't account for some of the FA's we signed (notably Gregg, Breaston, McClain, Siler), though I'm more than sure EA will probably have a downloadable roster update etc...

Link to Chiefs player rankings: (You can toggle from team-to-team at the top)
http://espn.go.com/espn/thelife/videogames/madden12ratings/_/team/kan/id/12/kansas-city

can't post the list of the player rankings because I don't know how to use a format that would be easy for people to read on here....copy/paste doesn't work, looks like shit.

Pants
08-10-2011, 03:19 PM
Berry is way too low, IMO.

Dude made the ****ing Pro Bowl his rookie year, comon!

Deberg_1990
08-10-2011, 03:20 PM
niswanger only got an 8....WTF?

Ebolapox
08-10-2011, 03:22 PM
lot of those are completely off.

OnTheWarpath15
08-10-2011, 03:24 PM
Carr is too low, Jones and Weigmann are too high.

Can't really argue about the rest.

Huffman83
08-10-2011, 03:24 PM
But...Thomas Gafford is on the roster!

SuperChief
08-10-2011, 03:27 PM
EA should hook up with ProFootballFocus to do their rankings. That would be an AWESOME partnership.

ReynardMuldrake
08-10-2011, 03:29 PM
Berry is way too low, IMO.

Dude made the ****ing Pro Bowl his rookie year, comon!

Tackle rating of 82 is way too low. Should be closer to 90.

I also see a lot of players on there that aren't on the team anymore.

kcxiv
08-10-2011, 03:29 PM
These ratings will never really be accurate.

Deberg_1990
08-10-2011, 03:35 PM
These ratings will never really be accurate.

Do these rankings flucuate over time? For instance if a player projected to be great has a bad year or vice versa? Can u download updates during the year or offseason?

Buck
08-10-2011, 03:35 PM
Holy shit, Gates is a 99 overall

kcxiv
08-10-2011, 03:36 PM
Do these rankings flucuate over time? For instance if a player projected to be great has a bad year or vice versa? Can u download updates during the year or offseason?

its all up to the guy that handles the ratings. He will move players up and down through the year as he see's fit.

kcxiv
08-10-2011, 03:36 PM
Tackle rating of 82 is way too low. Should be closer to 90.

I also see a lot of players on there that aren't on the team anymore.

The list was given to ESPN a while back im sure. When you get the game and get the first roster update. All will be well.

ReynardMuldrake
08-10-2011, 03:37 PM

You can on XBOX, they issue roster updates throughout the season. Don't know about PS3.

OnTheWarpath15
08-10-2011, 03:39 PM
Holy shit, Gates is a 99 overall

Which is even more impressive given that his injury rating should be in the 40's.

DeezNutz
08-10-2011, 03:55 PM
Dorsey and Moeaki are too low.

The Franchise
08-10-2011, 03:55 PM
I wonder if they'll still have it where you can't edit the rosters. NCAA '12 allows you to edit their rankings.

kcxiv
08-10-2011, 04:03 PM
Which is even more impressive given that his injury rating should be in the 40's.

lol, back in NFL2K5 Priest Holmes had a low injury rating and would get hurt ALOT. he was a beast, but alot of the times,it was up to Blaylock and Rookie LJ. lol

Kyle DeLexus
08-10-2011, 04:08 PM
I wonder if they'll still have it where you can't edit the rosters. NCAA '12 allows you to edit their rankings.

You can edit ratings this year per the demo.

milkman
08-10-2011, 04:09 PM
Put this in the media center where it belongs.

Blankey
08-10-2011, 04:09 PM
People still care about this?

milkman
08-10-2011, 04:11 PM

I'm still in dismay that people ever cared about this.

lcarus
08-10-2011, 04:12 PM
So McCluster and Chambers are better WRs than Baldwin huh. K...

Kyle DeLexus
08-10-2011, 04:13 PM
McClain's a 90

lcarus
08-10-2011, 04:14 PM
Dorsey and Moeaki are too low.

Gilberry is really low as well. Also, our secondary isn't bad but not much speed at all. If pretty much any receiver gets space it's all over. Sorry McGraw, but I just can't fathom having a safety with a 75 in speed on my team.

The Franchise
08-10-2011, 04:16 PM
McClain's a 90

Listed as a FB or a RB?

Kyle DeLexus
08-10-2011, 04:23 PM
Listed as a FB or a RB?

FB. Speed is a 79.

bowener
08-10-2011, 04:28 PM
People need to keep in mind that EA changed the rating system a year or two ago.

70 is now average. In the past it was something closer to 80+ for the average player.

Dylan
08-10-2011, 04:33 PM
Fascinating read.

The Franchise: The inside story of how "Madden NFL" became video game dynasty.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/eticket/story?page=100805/madden

Fansy the Famous Bard
08-10-2011, 04:34 PM
People need to keep in mind that EA changed the rating system a year or two ago.

70 is now average. In the past it was something closer to 80+ for the average player.

Good to see O'Callaghan and Richardson are both above average.

No wonder Pioli didn't sign another tackle

CoMoChief
08-10-2011, 05:37 PM
Fascinating read.

The Franchise: The inside story of how "Madden NFL" became video game dynasty.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/eticket/story?page=100805/madden

Not really all that hard to figure out, they have a monopoly due to the NFL naming rights and NFLPA rights. I mean it wasn't always like that, but since the start of "next gen" it's been that way.

kcxiv
08-10-2011, 05:41 PM
Not really all that hard to figure out, they have a monopoly due to the NFL naming rights and NFLPA rights. I mean it wasn't always like that, but since the start of "next gen" it's been that way.

NFL is so huge that once they got the exclusive, there was no way to fail, even if they made a shitty game for a while, in which they did. People NEED their NFL fix.

CoMoChief
08-10-2011, 05:46 PM
NFL is so huge that once they got the exclusive, there was no way to fail, even if they made a shitty game for a while, in which they did. People NEED their NFL fix.

the game would get better if there was competition.

BUT, of course, competition means having to put more money into the game to make it better than your competition.

To them, why have that when you can slap the same shit sandwich together, update the roster and call it a new season and make mega millions of $$$ off of it?

I remember one season (think it was 98 or 99, could be both seasons actually...) Madden didn't have NFL naming rights and couldn't use team names like Chiefs, Raiders etc, they could only use city names and make the jerseys red/gold with no logos etc. I think at that time "NFL Gameday" franchise had the naming rights.

kcxiv
08-10-2011, 05:47 PM
Shit, i would settle for another football game by any company that wants to make a real simulation football game. There just needs to be competition. Now, if 1 company was so great that the other company couldnt make a game due to they sucked at it, then thats different.

We need more football games by other companies.

backbreaker dont count, that was just a tech demo.

griZZly64
08-10-2011, 06:01 PM
You can on XBOX, they issue roster updates throughout the season. Don't know about PS3.

lol of course they update rosters on ps3.. come on guy this aint the 80s. Everything is the same on both platforms when it comes to titles like this

griZZly64
08-10-2011, 06:19 PM
Our secondary keeps getting shafted. They bumped flowers spd up a whopping 2 spd... How's he suppose to cover elite receivers? It's literally all about speed in Madden. WR's with 90+ speed will kill our CBs. I guess its better than last year when flowers, carr, and arenas were all 87spd.

And yeah people still care about this. If any of you are Madden heads and have it on ps3 I run a very successful Online Franchise. We're a sim lg thats been around since online franchise came to Madden (third year now).

If you're interested you can check us out here (http://www.freewebs.com/usdasimleague/maddenwarroom.htm)

Dylan
08-10-2011, 06:23 PM
Interesting that EA was behind Sega NFL series and intentionally made Sega inferior to Madden NFL series...

kcxiv
08-10-2011, 06:25 PM
Interesting that EA was behind Sega NFL series and intentionally made Sega inferior to Madden NFL series...

Visual Concepts, same company that 2K now owns that made NFL2K series and makes NBA2K now

Dylan
08-10-2011, 06:40 PM
Visual Concepts, same company that 2K now owns that made NFL2K series and makes NBA2K now

The journalist wrote the content under ESPN. However, since EA and ESPN have a business partnership one would hope in favor of integrity would eliminate any conflicts of interest.

Nice to know that John Madden was very demanding about the realism of the game --

kcxiv
08-10-2011, 06:46 PM
The journalist wrote the content under ESPN. However, since EA and ESPN have a business partnership one would hope in favor of integrity would eliminate any conflicts of interest.

Nice to know that John Madden was very demanding about the realism of the game --

lol, to bad its been a long time since the realism has been around for their series. though the demo for this years game is promising. I remember when the dreamcast came out, i was like there is no way in hell i am going to buy one. One day after the bars, we were partying at some dudes house and he had NFL 2K the original, and the very next day i bought a dreamcast and the NFL2K. it was love at first sight. haha

Dylan
08-10-2011, 07:04 PM
lol... Great story, kcxiv.

Had to laugh, when Madden asked the video game technican not to allow players to have much success going for it on fourth & down, regardless of the team's personnel.

Madden said it was frustrating that game players always went for it on fourth & down.

Sounds like he punished you most of the time if you tried.

Lzen
08-10-2011, 09:21 PM
As it should be. The % of success in the reak nfl is not that good.
lol... Great story, kcxiv.

Had to laugh, when Madden asked the video game technican not to allow players to have much success going for it on fourth & down, regardless of the team's personnel.

Madden said it was frustrating that game players always went for it on fourth & down.

Sounds like he punished you most of the time if you tried.

Lzen
08-10-2011, 09:23 PM
Juston houston looks to be a future star. Great speed. Just gotta get that awareness up.

CoMoChief
08-10-2011, 09:25 PM
lol, to bad its been a long time since the realism has been around for their series. though the demo for this years game is promising. I remember when the dreamcast came out, i was like there is no way in hell i am going to buy one. One day after the bars, we were partying at some dudes house and he had NFL 2K the original, and the very next day i bought a dreamcast and the NFL2K. it was love at first sight. haha

that dreamcast NFL2K was the best football game out there, PERIOD.

and the Vikings were fucking unstoppable.

Lzen
08-10-2011, 09:25 PM

Yes we do, u old fart.