PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Me Likey, Me No Likey

Direckshun
08-13-2011, 09:13 AM
Who looked good, who didn't. This isn't rocket science, fuqtards.

Me likey: Palko Darryl Harris Copper McCluster Jalil Brown Houston Amon Gordon Bakhtiari Powe Cory Greenwood Micah Johnson Baldwin Me no likey: Palko (I'm conflicted, okay?) Bill Muir the new kickoff rules Horne Tucker Donald Washington DEMOND WASHINGTON (worst player from a bad game) Quentin Lawrence Bannon CHRIS HARR (very close to Demond) Dion Gales Allen Bailey Mike Ingersoll Butch Lewis Cody Slate Brandon Bair Walters Toribio

Rasputin
08-13-2011, 09:19 AM
I hate the GOT DANG kick off rule fudging Sux!

InChiefsHeaven
08-13-2011, 09:23 AM
No mention of Stanzi one way or another?

FTR, me likey Stanzi.

InChiefsHeaven
08-13-2011, 09:24 AM
And you are being rather chick like with the double take on Palko. Makeup your mind dammit!:p

Deberg_1990
08-13-2011, 09:31 AM
Definately the new kickoff rules no likey. Most kickoffs now are likely to be very boring.

hometeam
08-13-2011, 09:32 AM
Kickoff rule is absolutely terrible. Why take action out of the game? WAH WAH WAH injurys, this is football, not fuckin hello kitty online.

chop
08-13-2011, 09:36 AM
I liked Stanzi. Jury still out on Jalil Brown. I noticed Butch Lewis for the wrong reasons.

aturnis
08-13-2011, 09:40 AM

Me likey: Palko Darryl Harris Copper McCluster Jalil Brown Houston Amon Gordon Bakhtiari Powe Cory Greenwood Micah Johnson Baldwin Me no likey: Palko (I'm conflicted, okay?) Bill Muir the new kickoff rules Horne Tucker Donald Washington DEMOND WASHINGTON (worst player from a bad game) Quentin Lawrence Bannon CHRIS HARR (very close to Demond) Dion Gales Allen Bailey Mike Ingersoll Butch Lewis Cody Slate Brandon Bair Walters Toribio

What did you see in Palko that you liked, b/c I can't think if anything.

Did Powe show anything?

No mention of Stanzi? He was my single bright spot.

I should be able to evaluate better once guys are playing with and against players of their own skill level...

Lonewolf Ed
08-13-2011, 09:43 AM
I think we will see most kickoffs go to the back of the endzone if not out of it now. I will be interested in seeing the stats when the season is over comparing this one and the previous one regarding starts at the 20, how many returners do not take a knee in the endzone, and most importantly how many returns go for touchdowns. I know it will be a big difference, but how much of one?

tyton75
08-13-2011, 09:44 AM
Powe actually showed me quite a bit considering his size... one play where he chased down Josh Johnson and I thought the kid was going to be killed having that big a guy coming down on him.

That linebacker we drafted, whose name escapes me at the moment also looked very good in the 2nd half... will provide nice depth.

Stanzi throws a great ball

The Franchise
08-13-2011, 09:44 AM
Can we please end this stupid Jackie Battle bullshit? He does not deserve touches or a roster spot.

And Powe was alright on some plays. He commanded some double teams and collapsed the pocket a couple of times.

Groves
08-13-2011, 09:47 AM
Did Powe show anything?

Didn't Powe run down the other teams QB from behind and land on him?

The QBs helmet squirted off from the impact.

Exoter175
08-13-2011, 09:56 AM
Didn't Powe run down the other teams QB from behind and land on him?

The QBs helmet squirted off from the impact.

Yes, and I though the guy got injured too. He got up reallllllly slow :P

DMAC
08-13-2011, 09:58 AM
Why even kick the ball off at all...just start at the 20. Stupid.

L.A. Chieffan
08-13-2011, 09:59 AM
i'd say our 3 stringers are 3rd stringers, thats about it

L.A. Chieffan
08-13-2011, 10:00 AM
oh baldwin almost made the sickest 1st preseason rookie friday night catch evah

morphius
08-13-2011, 10:04 AM
oh baldwin almost made the sickest 1st preseason rookie friday night catch evah
Yeah, I'm pretty sure that it never hit the ground and the only thing that kept it from being a catch was that he ended up out of bounds.

the Talking Can
08-13-2011, 10:09 AM
palko is a piece of crap

Bailey looked very good, imo...not because he made a bunch of plays, but because he didn't get pushed around...he was strong and active...

Houston the same, looked fast and strong...very good coming off the corner...

powe looked good the first half, not so good the second...not a big surprise, but he has the potential, it's obvious

battle sucks, but we knew that

stanzi showed some spunk...hard to really judge

gales is pathetic

Rooster
08-13-2011, 10:11 AM
Can we please end this stupid Jackie Battle bullshit? He does not deserve touches or a roster spot.

This... Send his ass packing.

Okie_Apparition
08-13-2011, 10:12 AM
I didn't know Lawrence had changed to DB & thought Greenwood changed to o-line. I blame pages of mindless mega thread blathering for not keeping up

L.A. Chieffan
08-13-2011, 10:12 AM
battle has toughness heart and some ST skills. i just dont want to see him lined up behind qb anymore

aturnis
08-13-2011, 10:25 AM
I didn't know Lawrence had changed to DB & thought Greenwood changed to o-line. I blame pages of mindless mega thread blathering for not keeping up

If you kept up, you'd know that he did. Bobby Greenwood that is, former DE. Corey Greenwood from Canada has always played LBer.

Okie_Apparition
08-13-2011, 10:29 AM
Well..still...mega thread..
Your momma likes greewood

The Bad Guy
08-13-2011, 10:43 AM
Palko is terrible. He locked on one receiver the entire time and threw short his entire time in there.

RealSNR
08-13-2011, 11:31 AM
Stanzi is the only QB on this roster who scans the field and sets his feet when he throws. He's also far more accurate than Cassel or Palko.

Needs some experience, but he could be the best QB on the roster in a season or two

Gonzo
08-13-2011, 12:01 PM
I disliked the o-line play a little but I really disliked palko. Dude was twitchy.
Posted via Mobile Device

Warrior5
08-13-2011, 12:17 PM
With the exception of coverage sacks, I HATED the fact that every TB QB had enough time in the pocket for a cold beer. NO PRESSURE.

We had the opposite... our QBs were running for their lives all night.

NO....****ING....LIKEY!

Rasputin
08-13-2011, 12:21 PM
T Jones actually played good and I can understand why they brought him here. Am just waiting for him to hit the "wall", at his age and the carries he has had over his career how much can we get out of him?

Am much more exited about McCluster running the ball! He doesn't need that manny carries to make a difference in a game. He is a play maker after another play maker in Jamaal Charles. Charles is in charge, McCluster is going to be a boost to the offense and D cordinaters are really going to have to account for his pressence on the field.

InChiefsHeaven
08-13-2011, 12:21 PM
With the exception of coverage sacks, I HATED the fact that every TB QB had enough time in the pocket for a cold beer. NO PRESSURE.

NO....****ING....LIKEY!

A result of our 2s and 3s against TB's 1s...though admittedly not for the whole game.

MIAdragon
08-13-2011, 12:46 PM

NO....****ING....LIKEY!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_8CgZn7SSp9g/STjHermF-1I/AAAAAAAAAZM/G9kSGOR-hnY/s400/broken+record.jpg

Direckshun
08-13-2011, 12:55 PM
No mention of Stanzi one way or another?

FTR, me likey Stanzi.

It was really hard to evaluate Stanzi when I looked at the tape. He looked really rough to me, but mostly it was because the pass protection was horrendous. I abstain.

Direckshun
08-13-2011, 12:56 PM
I liked Stanzi. Jury still out on Jalil Brown. I noticed Butch Lewis for the wrong reasons.

Butch Lewis was rooooough, brother. I'd say Harr got his pants pulled down, but Lewis wasn't much better. Really disappointed that nobody on our third string OL looks promising for future development.

Brown I liked. He was targeted all game by Josh Johnson, and I think he legitimately got beat once, maybe.

Direckshun
08-13-2011, 12:59 PM
What did you see in Palko that you liked, b/c I can't think if anything.

Did Powe show anything?

No mention of Stanzi? He was my single bright spot.

I should be able to evaluate better once guys are playing with and against players of their own skill level...

I didn't think Palko was flappable. A few of his passes were on target, I do like his athleticism, and he kept his eyes downfield at all times (which you could not say for Stanzi, who got much worse protection than Palko). I think Palko is a good backup option for someone durable like Cassel, but I wouldn't want him to be my primary backup option until 2012.

Powe I loved, I really did. The guy got blown off the ball one play, ended up five yards downfield on his back. But the rest of the plays, he was the prototypical block of granite in the middle. He is in outstanding shape for a nose guard, and even tracked down Johnson from behind ten yards down the field.

Direckshun
08-13-2011, 12:59 PM
I think we will see most kickoffs go to the back of the endzone if not out of it now. I will be interested in seeing the stats when the season is over comparing this one and the previous one regarding starts at the 20, how many returners do not take a knee in the endzone, and most importantly how many returns go for touchdowns. I know it will be a big difference, but how much of one?

I think it sucks that all the kick returners took a knee.

At least run it out. I don't give a shit if you start on your own 8 yard line, we're here to evaluate the talent.

Direckshun
08-13-2011, 01:00 PM
Powe actually showed me quite a bit considering his size... one play where he chased down Josh Johnson and I thought the kid was going to be killed having that big a guy coming down on him.

That linebacker we drafted, whose name escapes me at the moment also looked very good in the 2nd half... will provide nice depth.

I think you mean Gabe Miller.

Miller looked solid, with a play here or there. I think he got washed on a couple run plays though.

We need either him, Sheffield, or Houston to step up pretty quick and earn time on the field now. Miller and Sheffield were largely nonfactors. Houston made a name for himself.

Direckshun
08-13-2011, 01:01 PM

And Powe was alright on some plays. He commanded some double teams and collapsed the pocket a couple of times.

Jackie Battle pretty much exists right now so that our backup QBs can give someone the ball. The RB roster is set with Charles, Jones, McClain, and McCluster. We have no other RBs than Battle.

Direckshun
08-13-2011, 01:02 PM
i'd say our 3 stringers are 3rd stringers, thats about it

I don't know, a couple of the ILBs we have on the third string are players.

Direckshun
08-13-2011, 01:04 PM
palko is a piece of crap

Bailey looked very good, imo...not because he made a bunch of plays, but because he didn't get pushed around...he was strong and active...

Houston the same, looked fast and strong...very good coming off the corner...

powe looked good the first half, not so good the second...not a big surprise, but he has the potential, it's obvious

battle sucks, but we knew that

stanzi showed some spunk...hard to really judge

gales is pathetic

Bailey is going to be a stud, but he is very confused right now. He was out of position as often as he was in position. But we knew he was raw when we drafted him.

He did arm-tackle a RB while standing up a tackle at one point. Stud.

Dion Gales was an embarrassment. So was Brandon Bair. At least Amon Gordon was putting some heart in.

Direckshun
08-13-2011, 01:05 PM

Corey Greenwood = promising ILB prospect and great STer

Bobby Greenwood = garbage heap offensive guard

Direckshun
08-13-2011, 01:06 PM
Stanzi is the only QB on this roster who scans the field and sets his feet when he throws. He's also far more accurate than Cassel or Palko.

Needs some experience, but he could be the best QB on the roster in a season or two

Give him a few drives with the 2nd team OL.

The dropoff from 2nd team to 3rd team is canyon-sized.

Direckshun
08-13-2011, 01:07 PM

NO....****ING....LIKEY!

We blitzed a few times with success.

Basically, it looks like we acquired one new passrushing threat in Justin Houston, and it's going to take him all season to get acquainted. Miller, Sheffield, even Studebaker... just aren't going to cut it across from Tamba Hali.

And Pierre Walters gave up the touchdown to Josh Freeman in the first quarter.

mcaj22
08-13-2011, 01:08 PM
one Greenwood sucks and the other is decent

I liked what I saw from Amon Gordon

tonyetony
08-13-2011, 01:09 PM
After re-watching the game this morning here's my 2 cents fwiw.

Me No Likey
Gales - Very suspect motor, takes a lot of plays off.
Tyson Jackson - Solid backup at best
Asamoah - Anyone who thinks he's a lock to start week 1 needs to think again
Albert - Should be a cornerstone at LT by this time in his career......He's not..Gaither was brought in to take his spot
Palko - Couldn't look coverage off if his life depended on it....lock on Tyler, lock on
Toribo - non factor not the answer
Donald Washington - Strictly a special teams player probably doesn't warrant a roster spot.
Bannon - Might be a waste of a practice squad slot
Piscitelli - nothing to see here folks keep moving

Me Likey
Bailey - Played the most snaps of any player last night and was held a lot.....very raw talent who will take a lot of Jacksons playing time by mid season.
Powe - coach him up please....great motor.
Hudson - Played well people are going to learn to love this guy.
Richardson - He is the RT....After isolating on him I am way more concerned with LT.
Houston - Speed kills baby...Him and DJ on the field at the same time should be fun.
Harris - Don't worry about the bad snap this guy actually gives us a little depth between the tackles.
Baldwin - Needs to learn how to get past the press....teams that don't press him will pay dearly.
Stanzi - Won't have much problem beating Palko out for backup. He actually had some intangibles I didn't expect. Raw but his upside looks great.

Direckshun
08-13-2011, 01:11 PM
Am I crazy? I thought the fumbled snap was Rodney Hudson.

Somebody correct the record, please.

Direckshun
08-13-2011, 01:12 PM
By the way, Bailey was lined up at Dorsey's position when he played.

Dude will be spelling Dorsey. It's Jackson and Gilberry at LDE.

RealSNR
08-13-2011, 01:15 PM

Darryl Harris according to tweets from Looney and Teicher

tonyetony
08-13-2011, 01:18 PM

Rewatch the game he started spelling Jackson on the 6th defensive play of the game.

tonyetony
08-13-2011, 01:20 PM

Harris moved from C to LG when Lilja came out. Hudson looked pretty good at center when I isolated on him.

tonyetony
08-13-2011, 01:24 PM
Just re-watched Powe getting triple teamed and then run down the field and crush their QB. ME LIKEY

ModSocks
08-13-2011, 01:29 PM
sometimes i wonder if im watching the same game as some of u

ModSocks
08-13-2011, 01:31 PM
Just re-watched Powe getting triple teamed and then run down the field and crush their QB. ME LIKEY

I Dont. He Was washed out of the play and allowed that qb run.

RealSNR
08-13-2011, 01:32 PM
sometimes i wonder if im watching the same game as some of uYou're not. You were watching HGTV, not the game.

tonyetony
08-13-2011, 01:35 PM
I Dont. He Was washed out of the play and allowed that qb run.

Washed out by two linemen and a running back that would be a three to one ratio. What more do you want from rookie NT in his first game. Did you notice that he didn't give up on the play and made the tackle?

MIAdragon
08-13-2011, 01:38 PM
Washed out by two linemen and a running back that would be a three to one ratio. What more do you want from rookie NT in his first game. Did you notice that he didn't give up on the play and made the tackle?

However he is a rather large one, so that needs to be applied.

ChiefsCountry
08-13-2011, 01:41 PM
After re-watching the game this morning here's my 2 cents fwiw.

Me No Likey
Albert - Should be a cornerstone at LT by this time in his career......He's not..Gaither was brought in to take his spot

Albert played very little and the Chiefs didn't even pass, pretty stupid take on his play last night.

ModSocks
08-13-2011, 01:42 PM
I thought:

Powe got shoved around
Houston looked slow
piscatelli was the worst on the field
battle experiment is over
Jones already looks slow

Sheffiels was easily the best lb for the chiefs
Hudson & Harris were the best linemen 4 the chiefs
Stanzi Looks like he has 'it'
Baldwin needs 2 learn to run through DBs rather than get hung up by them. He played soft.
Our wrs run block well

thats all i can remember for now...

Trevo_410
08-13-2011, 01:43 PM
you liked darryl harris? how?

tonyetony
08-13-2011, 01:44 PM
Albert played very little and the Chiefs didn't even pass, pretty stupid take on his play last night.

Sorry you're wrong he was still in when Palko was playing. Lilja came out before he did.

ModSocks
08-13-2011, 01:45 PM

the hb came in after the other lineman rotated off already....i saw the hussel....but i also saw him get shoved damn near to the sideline

tonyetony
08-13-2011, 01:46 PM

I just isolated on him and besides the bad snap he played pretty good. He actually looked good when he moved to LG and Hudson came in to snap.

ModSocks
08-13-2011, 01:47 PM

bad start but finished strong. Key blocker on TJ's big run

tonyetony
08-13-2011, 01:48 PM
the hb came in after the other lineman rotated off already....i saw the hussel....but i also saw him get shoved damn near to the sideline

Dude I am sitting here watching it over and over and I have to agree with you .....we didn't watch the same game.

ModSocks
08-13-2011, 01:48 PM
I just isolated on him and besides the bad snap he played pretty good. He actually looked good when he moved to LG and Hudson came in to snap.

they played very well next to each other

ModSocks
08-13-2011, 01:51 PM
Dude I am sitting here watching it over and over and I have to agree with you .....we didn't watch the same game.

Shrug. Ive watched the play over & over again. He got his shit pushed by two blockers and when the back came iin the other lineman rotated off

keg in kc
08-13-2011, 01:56 PM
There was not much to like.

King_Chief_Fan
08-13-2011, 02:01 PM
in those situations, you don't like anything. There was nothing to see and nothing to like.........I don't judge on the preseason games, but if game 1 looks anything close to preseason game 1, me no likey anything

Groves
08-13-2011, 02:07 PM

He also has the facial structure of Joe Montana.

Ya know, every little bit counts.

milkman
08-13-2011, 02:21 PM
He also has the facial structure of Joe Montana.

Ya know, every little bit counts.

Ricky Monstanzia?

tonyetony
08-13-2011, 02:22 PM

Ok I take that back Albert came out when Lilja did so I was blaming a few things that #79 Butch Lewis did on Albert....With that being said I did go back and watch Albert on every snap he did play and I am telling you his play was pathetic on every damn snap.

Red Beans
08-13-2011, 02:30 PM

Gabe Miller. I likey...

RedThat
08-13-2011, 02:31 PM
I thought most of our draft picks showed some flashes.

-I liked Baldwin yesterday. When Stanzi threw a pass behind him, I liked how he batted it up in the air over the CB and tried to lobby it in for a catch. It's just too bad he couldn't come down with it. If he did, that one would be on the highlight reel.

-Justin Houston impressed me the most out of all our draft picks. I thought he was getting through quite a bit and applying a lot of pressure. If he continues to play like that and improve, he will most definately start next to Hali.

-Jalil Brown pass breakup in the endzone was nice.

-Ricky Stanzi I thought played well given that he put into a tough situation. He hardly had any time to throw. His scrambling ability impressed me. He showed a lot of fiestiness, and passion out there. I was impressed with the pass he threw to Horne. The ball was placed perfectly and where it needed to be. To bad horne couldn't come down with it.

-Jerrel Powe got some nice pushes in the middle of our line. And made good hustle/chase down the field to make tackles.

-Bailey looks to be strong, and held down the 3-4 DE position well. He wasn't getting pushed around there like TJack does.

Red Beans
08-13-2011, 02:32 PM
I thought:

Powe got shoved around
Houston looked slow
piscatelli was the worst on the field
battle experiment is over
Jones already looks slow

Sheffiels was easily the best lb for the chiefs
Hudson & Harris were the best linemen 4 the chiefs
Baldwin needs 2 learn to run through DBs rather than get hung up by them. He played soft.
Our wrs run block well

thats all i can remember for now...

Yep Battle is donezo...

Groves
08-13-2011, 02:41 PM
-I liked Baldwin yesterday. When Stanzi threw a pass behind him, I liked how he batted it up in the air over the CB and tried to lobby it in for a catch. It's just too bad he couldn't come down with it. If he did, that one would be on the highlight reel.

He did retain possession, but he was laying out of bounds. At least he did "catch" it, though.

mcaj22
08-13-2011, 03:09 PM
i'd rather watch Powe get shoved around by TWO blockers than Ron Edwards get shoved around by ONE

if Powe is occupying two/three guys then it's on fucking someone else to beat their man, so I'm going to blame any LBer there that they couldn't beat a simple 1 on 1 if Powe was being crushed by two guys. Very simple math here.

it's about matchups, with a real lineup and not some camp bodies next to him if Powe is being pushed by a two guys, that leaves either Tamba Hali and/or Wallace Gilberry 1 on 1 with their guy and that's what you want to have, you want to have Tamba and Gilberry in 1 on 1 because they are specialized in beating people 1 on 1 that is the beat you want to take.

Ron Edwards didn't provide that kind of match up problem for us that match last season.

Smed1065
08-13-2011, 03:14 PM
Kickoff rule will be no more next year, least do something for the fans.

Urc Burry
08-13-2011, 03:18 PM
My dish network sucks ass and wasn't coming in because of a storm... how did Mims look?

Frankie
08-13-2011, 03:22 PM

Me likey:

Bakhtiari Does Bakhtiari have a chance? Just curious.

Me no likey:

Allen Bailey Why? Was he bad last night?

Smed1065
08-13-2011, 03:24 PM
I hate to joined the OL crowd.

Is next years draft full of OL players.

:hmmm:

philfree
08-13-2011, 03:28 PM
Does Bakhtiari have a chance? Just curious.

Why? Was he bad last night?

Daktari!

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_ururKgVlNk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hootie
08-13-2011, 03:49 PM
Ill tell you the one thing I liked that is going to be dangerous and I hope is used for 15-20% of our offensive snaps...opening the game up lining up with charles in the slot and mccluster in the backfield...putting charles in motion...good luck stopping that! (I know I did it madden last year as my primary offense! I think haley might have learned that from me after taking an online whipping!)

Sent from my Ally using Tapatalk

Hootie
08-13-2011, 03:52 PM
And you can mix and match charles and mccluster out of that set...too.

MahiMike
08-13-2011, 04:00 PM
Stanzi was the Manzi!

Direckshun
08-13-2011, 04:09 PM
My dish network sucks ass and wasn't coming in because of a storm... how did Mims look?

Not good.

He was one of the tackles beat for a safety.

His guy wasn't the one who landed the safety, that honor goes to Chris "Hardy Harr" Harr.

Direckshun
08-13-2011, 04:13 PM
Does Bakhtiari have a chance? Just curious.

Why? Was he bad last night?

Bakhtiari might be a special teamer. I believe he was on the practice squad last year, and could go there this year.

But what's the depth chart at ILB? He's a thumper.

Your starter is Belcher, Siler is the primary backup.

Competing with Bakhtiari is Justin Cole (who showed decently last night, and was a good special teamer for us last year), Micah Johnson (who played very well last night), and Amara Kamara. Plus the staff really like Corey Greenwood at the other LB position behind DJ and Demorrio.

Bakhtiari basically needs to make as much noise as he can all preseason (yesterday helped), because his odds of beating out Cole are slim.

Direckshun
08-13-2011, 04:14 PM
As for Allen Bailey, I've largely already addressed my thoughts on him in this thread.

Direckshun
08-13-2011, 04:15 PM
I hate to joined the OL crowd.

Is next years draft full of OL players.

:hmmm:

Every draft is full of OL players.

Direckshun
08-13-2011, 04:16 PM
Ill tell you the one thing I liked that is going to be dangerous and I hope is used for 15-20% of our offensive snaps...opening the game up lining up with charles in the slot and mccluster in the backfield...putting charles in motion...good luck stopping that! (I know I did it madden last year as my primary offense! I think haley might have learned that from me after taking an online whipping!)

If Charles is on the field, I want him at the i or next to Cassel. Not in the slot.

Hootie
08-13-2011, 04:18 PM
If Charles is on the field, I want him at the i or next to Cassel. Not in the slot.

Why does it matter if they motion him, snap the ball, and hand it to him in the backfield like a reverse or option play? You don't think that would be dangerous?

Daiquiris!!!

Direckshun
08-13-2011, 04:22 PM
Why does it matter if they motion him, snap the ball, and hand it to him in the backfield like a reverse or option play? You don't think that would be dangerous?

Daiquiris!!!

"Daiquiris"?

BossChief
08-13-2011, 04:24 PM
With our 3 receivers...Moeaki, Charles and McCluster should be able to feast on good matchups all year long.

BossChief
08-13-2011, 04:43 PM
My likes:

the "keep em healthy" gameplan.
Stanzi for all reasons I have pointed out a year ago.
Houston - showed the ability to showcase a nice first step and pass rush ability
Bailey - held a lot and still never really got pushed off "his land"
Powe - conditioning is an obvious problem as he didnt seem able to sustain his initial play, which was pretty impressive for a rook in his first game action
baldwinning - flashed his ability to be a difference maker
OConnell - played a good game when he was in...may well be a guy that gets more time this year in 2TE sets.
Micah Johnson - flashed a couple times of what I expected to see when he came out of college...before we signed Siler I thought MJ would get a chance to shine...now he has a uphill battle
Thomas Jones - can the Battle vs Jones conversations please be put to rest? Its not even close, guys.

Dislikes:

pretty much everything else.

Blick
08-13-2011, 05:02 PM
Bakhtiari might be a special teamer. I believe he was on the practice squad last year, and could go there this year.

But what's the depth chart at ILB? He's a thumper.

Your starter is Belcher, Siler is the primary backup.

Competing with Bakhtiari is Justin Cole (who showed decently last night, and was a good special teamer for us last year), Micah Johnson (who played very well last night), and Amara Kamara. Plus the staff really like Corey Greenwood at the other LB position behind DJ and Demorrio.

Bakhtiari basically needs to make as much noise as he can all preseason (yesterday helped), because his odds of beating out Cole are slim.

He's an OLB.

I agree on his chances of making the team though.

ChiefsCountry
08-13-2011, 05:35 PM
My likes:

the "keep em healthy" gameplan.
Stanzi for all reasons I have pointed out a year ago.
Houston - showed the ability to showcase a nice first step and pass rush ability
Bailey - held a lot and still never really got pushed off "his land"
Powe - conditioning is an obvious problem as he didnt seem able to sustain his initial play, which was pretty impressive for a rook in his first game action
baldwinning - flashed his ability to be a difference maker
OConnell - played a good game when he was in...may well be a guy that gets more time this year in 2TE sets.
Micah Johnson - flashed a couple times of what I expected to see when he came out of college...before we signed Siler I thought MJ would get a chance to shine...now he has a uphill battle
Thomas Jones - can the Battle vs Jones conversations please be put to rest? Its not even close, guys.

Dislikes:

pretty much everything else.

The guys who will make the roster or have made a NFL roster looked better than the guys who will be selling insurance, call me shocked. :p

milkman
08-13-2011, 06:02 PM

Look what the cat dragged in.

I getcha, cause Madden is so real.

pr_capone
08-13-2011, 06:06 PM
How the fuck is Battle still wearing a red jersey?

Hootie
08-13-2011, 06:15 PM
Look what the cat dragged in.

I getcha, cause Madden is so real.

I never said madden is real...that was a coincidence. It will be an effective formation all year mark my words.

Daiquiris!!!

milkman
08-13-2011, 06:16 PM
I never said madden is real...that was a coincidence. It will be an effective formation all year mark my words.

Daiquiris!!!

Just flippin shit.

Haven't seen you here for a while.

Hootie
08-13-2011, 07:10 PM
Just flippin shit.

Haven't seen you here for a while.

That's because I've been banned for an eternity :)

Daiquiris!!!

milkman
08-13-2011, 07:12 PM
That's because I've been banned for an eternity :)

Daiquiris!!!

Didn't know you were banned.

Thought you left of your own accord.

Hootie
08-13-2011, 07:34 PM
I will never leave chiefsplanet willingly...too big of a fan and too good of a site

Daiquiris!!!

ktay
08-13-2011, 09:48 PM
are you all even WATCHING the game?! Pierre Walters was in coverage as a hook/curl player on the play when freeman rushed for a touchdown...he's sound in his technique. I think he's a good back up/ special teamer. the defensive end had contain on that play. cmon people how is he gunna cover the WR right NEXT to him AND contain the QB?!

KurtCobain
08-14-2011, 12:43 AM
The Return of The Hootie thing adds a a little spice to what's going to be a great season on ChiefsPlanet.

Anybody think Mecca's boyfriend will leave him so he can get back on the site this year?

Rausch
08-14-2011, 03:19 AM
The Return of The Hootie thing adds a a little spice to what's going to be a great season on ChiefsPlanet.

Everyone has changed handles so much I quit giving a $3it.

(Every now and again I'll get a "dude, why so harsh? What teh fuggs?)

Anybody think Mecca's boyfriend will leave him so he can get back on the site this year?

No...

Hammock Parties
08-14-2011, 04:33 AM
Hey 'shun, I just finished rewatching the game.

I thought Powe was one of the best players on the field.

I also thought Mims was clearly the third best OT out there. CLEARLY. Needs to be 2nd team stat. That Butch guy is a bitch.

Also saw some nice plays from Amon Gordon in the second half...I bet anything he's our backup LDE.

Allen Bailey has absolutely zero quickness and hardly any technique whatsoever. I'm worried about him.

Rausch
08-14-2011, 04:35 AM

:evil:

Hammock Parties
08-14-2011, 04:35 AM
Powe is, by far, the highlight of gif'd up this week. I cannot wait to gif his fat, try-hard ass.

Rausch
08-14-2011, 04:37 AM
Powe is, by far, the highlight of gif'd up this week. I cannot wait to gif his fat, try-hard ass.

Steal (2nd to 5th) of the draft...

Hammock Parties
08-14-2011, 04:40 AM
Another guy who sucked a big fat dick was Bobby Greenwood.

Holy shit he sucks...I hope he never plays an OL snap this year.

Hammock Parties
08-14-2011, 05:26 AM
one play where he chased down Josh Johnson and I thought the kid was going to be killed having that big a guy coming down on him.

YES.

This was my favorite moment other than Baldwin's two touches.

POWNED

By The Fake Joe Posnanski

Josh Johnson took off running up the middle and Jerrell Powe was on the other side of the field.

But somehow, some way, Powe knew he had to catch him or Johnson was going to score.

Powe began to pump his massive legs.

Run, Powe, run!

Johnson hit the 20-yard line. Powe lagged far behind, but knew he had to catch him, or Johnson was going to score.

Powe huffed and puffed.

Run, Powe, run!

Johnson hit the 10-yard line. Powe was losing the race but knew, deep down, only he could catch Johnson.

Powe saw Johnson slow up, avoiding a tackle. He was now three yards behind, his heart pumping so fast it might burst out of his chest.

But now, there was no one between Johnson and the end zone. Powe would catch him, or die trying.

Johnson cut back, right into the path of the beast stalking him. Powe saw his chance, and seized the moment like a great big slab of brisket.

With one desperate lunge, Powe launched his 340 pounds through the air and slammed into the small of Johnson's back, sending him flying forward. The collision separated Johnson's head from his body - no, wait, that was just his helmet. Johnson's head was buried deep into the Arrowhead turf as, for a brief second, he disappeared under Powe's massive girth.

Powned.

Powe and Johnson, now melded into a single being through pure force of impact, skidded to a halt at the two-yard line. Practically the entire Bucs bench emptied onto the field, fearing that Jerrell Powe, now lying on top of Johnson, had just killed the quarterback-turned-pancake via human compression.

"OH MY GOD, JOSH, ARE YOU ALRIGHT?"

"JOSH? SAY SOMETHING, MAN!"

"JOSH, CAN I HAVE YOUR TV?"

And Josh Johnson got up looking like he had just mowed the lawn.

http://i54.tinypic.com/2mcwzuw.jpg

Three snaps later the Chiefs held on fourth and goal and the Buccaneers went into halftime completely deflated, their momentum destroyed! All because Jerrell Powe pumped his massive legs and huffed and puffed as he ran until his heart might burst, catching Johnson in a mad 20-yard dash to preseason immortality.

Because no one else was going to catch Josh Johnson.

MahiMike
08-14-2011, 05:27 AM

This. And while we're at at, let's add Verran Tucker to the garbage list. Can't block on special teams and can't catch on offense.

MahiMike
08-14-2011, 05:29 AM
YES.

This was my favorite moment other than Baldwin's two touches.

POWNED

By The Fake Joe Posnanski

Josh Johnson took off running up the middle and Jerrell Powe was on the other side of the field.

But somehow, some way, Powe knew he had to catch him or Johnson was going to score.

Powe began to pump his massive legs.

Run, Powe, run!

Johnson hit the 20-yard line. Powe lagged far behind, but knew he had to catch him, or Johnson was going to score.

Powe huffed and puffed.

Run, Powe, run!

Johnson hit the 10-yard line. Powe was losing the race but knew, deep down, only he could catch Johnson.

Powe saw Johnson slow up, avoiding a tackle. He was now three yards behind, his heart pumping so fast it might burst out of his chest.

But now, there was no one between Johnson and the end zone. Powe would catch him, or die trying.

Johnson cut back, right into the path of the beast stalking him. Powe saw his chance, and seized the moment like a great big slab of brisket.

With one desperate lunge, Powe launched his 340 pounds through the air and slammed into the small of Johnson's back, sending him flying forward. The collision separated Johnson's head from his body - no, wait, that was just his helmet. Johnson's head was buried deep into the Arrowhead turf as, for a brief second, he disappeared under Powe's massive girth.

Powned.

Powe and Johnson, now melded into a single being through pure force of impact, skidded to a halt at the two-yard line. Practically the entire Bucs bench emptied onto the field, fearing that Jerrell Powe, now lying on top of Johnson, had just killed the quarterback-turned-pancake via human compression.

"OH MY GOD, JOSH, ARE YOU ALRIGHT?"

"JOSH? SAY SOMETHING, MAN!"

"JOSH, CAN I HAVE YOUR TV?"

And Josh Johnson got up looking like he had just mowed the lawn.

http://i54.tinypic.com/2mcwzuw.jpg

Three snaps later the Chiefs held on fourth and goal and the Buccaneers went into halftime completely deflated, their momentum destroyed! All because Jerrell Powe pumped his massive legs and huffed and puffed as he ran until his heart might burst, catching Johnson in a mad 20-yard dash to preseason immortality.

Because no one else was going to catch Josh Johnson.

Nice article Joe.

Hammock Parties
08-14-2011, 05:34 AM

This is wrong.

Bailey was playing LDE almost constantly when Powe was in the game.

He also played some nickel next to Gales, but he was still on the left side.

Gales started at RDE and then Brandon Bair came in.

And I would bet money Amon Gordon backs up Tyson Jackson....and probably plays some for Dorsey, too.

TRR
08-14-2011, 08:16 AM
I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but boy did Jared Gaither look out of shape on the KC sideline Friday night. Looking at pictures of him on the Ravens, and then seeing him on the sidelines Fri, it appeared to me that he was probably 40 pounds away from his playing weight.

Did anyone else think that?
Posted via Mobile Device

Hammock Parties
08-14-2011, 08:18 AM
I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but boy did Jared Gaither look out of shape on the KC sideline Friday night. Looking at pictures of him on the Ravens, and then seeing him on the sidelines Fri, it appeared to me that he was probably 40 pounds away from his playing weight.

Posted via Mobile Device

Looks 340.

http://i53.tinypic.com/im5xe8.jpg

TRR
08-14-2011, 08:39 AM
YLooks 340.

Yea there was a shot of him from the front with his gut hanging over his pants.

Messier
08-14-2011, 09:08 AM
Looks 340.

I'm surprised he was suited up. Looks fine to me.

milkman
08-14-2011, 09:11 AM

Posted via Mobile Device

He's had injury issues for the last couple of seasons, and a questionable work ethic since entering the league, and we're surprised that he might be out of shape?

Hammock Parties
08-14-2011, 09:23 AM
Seriously, we're complaining about a gut?

http://media.al.com/sports_impact/photo/9252646-large.jpg

Hammock Parties
08-14-2011, 11:23 AM
Awesome

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerrell_Powe

TRR
08-14-2011, 11:26 AM
He's had injury issues for the last couple of seasons, and a questionable work ethic since entering the league, and we're surprised that he might be out of shape?

Not surprised. Just wondered if anyone else noticed how out of shape he looked...
Posted via Mobile Device

TRR
08-14-2011, 11:29 AM
Seriously, we're complaining about a gut?

http://media.al.com/sports_impact/photo/9252646-large.jpg

No nobody is complaining. I am simply stating that he looked very out of shape, and posters are expecting him to come right in and play LT while moving Albert. The why behind my post was the fact that...to me...he looked like he has a long road ahead to even compete let alone start.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hammock Parties
08-14-2011, 11:31 AM
He looked like he was in the shape most OL are in.

Shit, Casey Wiegmann looks out of shape

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/76/Casey_Wiegmann.JPG

Hammock Parties
08-14-2011, 11:34 AM
Looks about the same here.

http://cdn3.sbnation.com/entry_photo_images/1729869/66434_Ravens_Camp_Football.jpg

TRR
08-14-2011, 11:35 AM
Looks about the same here.

http://cdn3.sbnation.com/entry_photo_images/1729869/66434_Ravens_Camp_Football.jpg

We shall see. You can stop posting pictures I know what every player on the team looks like...
Posted via Mobile Device

BossChief
08-14-2011, 11:35 AM
Do you have any pics of Weigmann from this year?

you should post a bunch of pics of the team now....hhaha

Hammock Parties
08-14-2011, 11:44 AM
We shall see. You can stop posting pictures I know what every player on the team looks like...
Posted via Mobile Device

Really?

Who is this?

http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/headshots/nfl/players/full/11612.png&w=350&h=254

BossChief
08-14-2011, 11:51 AM
that should be an easy one

Frankie
08-14-2011, 11:56 AM
Really?

Who is this?

http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/headshots/nfl/players/full/11612.png&w=350&h=254

Bakhtiari?

Hammock Parties
08-14-2011, 11:58 AM
Bakhtiari?

smooth move, ex lax

Frankie
08-14-2011, 11:59 AM
smooth move, ex lax

Where's my rep? ;)

Crush
08-14-2011, 01:06 PM
Palko needs to be euthanized.

Pasta Little Brioni
08-14-2011, 01:15 PM
Really?

Who is this?

Jeff Spicoli all grown up?

Chief Faithful
08-15-2011, 12:47 PM

I also thought Mims was clearly the third best OT out there. CLEARLY. Needs to be 2nd team stat. That Butch guy is a bitch.

Also saw some nice plays from Amon Gordon in the second half...I bet anything he's our backup LDE.

Allen Bailey has absolutely zero quickness and hardly any technique whatsoever. I'm worried about him.

After reading Gretz's article down grading Mims I'm glad to see your post. I was impressed by his size and how smooth he moved. I don't expect much this year, but I was impressed.

Bailey looked like a rookie who has always dominated with strength and never needed technique. The pro's are going to tear him up until his technique develops. Still, I think he is going to be really good in a couple years.

A couple of other guys that impressed me:
Lawrence - Wow, he is so much better as a DB, what a surprise. Can he make it?
Baldwin - This guy is going to be really good.
Powe - I had extremely low expectation of Powe and didn't think he could do better than P.S. Maybe I was wrong?
Miller - I liked his first game, will he look good against better competition? Can he make the team?
Brown - Based on the first preseason game I see him as the number 4 CB.

The guys that disappointed, I expected more from:
Walters, Harris, Battle, Palko, Horne - the team really need Harris and Palko to step it up. I was really hoping for more from Horne.

the Talking Can
08-15-2011, 12:56 PM
No nobody is complaining. I am simply stating that he looked very out of shape, and posters are expecting him to come right in and play LT while moving Albert. The why behind my post was the fact that...to me...he looked like he has a long road ahead to even compete let alone start.
Posted via Mobile Device

it's gretz, so take with a grain of salt

Recently signed OT Jared Gaither took part in his first practice on Sunday, working with the second-team offensive line at left tackle. Gaither appeared in good shape, looking very lean while wearing No. 71. He looked more like a basketball player than a football player. Gaither showed good foot speed on several moments when he was in pass protection.

Direckshun
08-15-2011, 01:12 PM

Agree with you on Powe. I think you're too concerned with Bailey -- the guy just doesn't know what he's doing yet. He's raw as hell, but there was a play in the second half where he stood up his lineman and arm-tackled the ball carrier. He's getting there.

Wasn't Mims spanked for the safety? (Actually, Harr gave up the safety, but I think Mims let his guy through quickly too.)

I'm not doubting you on Amon Gordon... I thought he looked good too, but he has to fight Bailey and Gilberry at backup positions. If anything he'll have to be a special teamer. But Brandon Bair? Blech. I was high on the guy and he just doesn't play strong enough for a 3-4 DE position.

Great comments, keep them coming.

Hammock Parties
08-15-2011, 01:17 PM
I don't think Bailey is going to see any snaps that aren't in passing situations. Gordon has at least played in the league and been coached up, I think he will be a better option as a backup.

I'll be very interested to see how Gilberry defends the run...if Dorsey can cut his snaps down this year he will probably be more effective.

-King-
08-15-2011, 02:05 PM
Not surprised. Just wondered if anyone else noticed how out of shape he looked...
Posted via Mobile Device

He's not out of shape from what I've seen.

BossChief
08-15-2011, 02:30 PM
I don't think Bailey is going to see any snaps that aren't in passing situations. Gordon has at least played in the league and been coached up, I think he will be a better option as a backup.

I'll be very interested to see how Gilberry defends the run...if Dorsey can cut his snaps down this year he will probably be more effective.

Gordon is playing at or near his ceiling...Bailey and Gilberry arent even close to it.

Honestly, I would be VERY surprised if both dont pass him by the time the final cuts come around and Id be somewhat shocked if Gordon makes the squad.

Its a numbers game and we will likely keep 5 DEs

Dorsey
Jackson
Bailey
Gilberry

That final spot will be a battle between Bair, Gales and Gordon and Gales brings versatility and experience...its an uphill road for Gordon, but I agree that he has played well.

BossChief
08-15-2011, 02:35 PM
it's gretz, so take with a grain of salt

I wonder if we talked to Gaither previously and told him we wouldnt sign him at his current weight and he dropped some, or if he wasnt overweight at all and simply has back issues.

Marcus McNeil has back issues too and it hasnt stopped him from playing at a high level.

I wonder where this mystery pic TRR talks about is with his gut hanging over his waistline...

Easy 6
08-15-2011, 03:35 PM
i'd rather watch Powe get shoved around by TWO blockers than Ron Edwards get shoved around by ONE

Enjoy your chicken dinner.