PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Did Haley chew out Harbaugh??

jwazzie
08-19-2011, 09:00 PM
It looked like Haley wasn't happy when harbaugh were having words after the game.

Hammock Parties
08-19-2011, 09:00 PM
i read his lips

"there's a lot of shit being talked about you"

Mr. Arrowhead
08-19-2011, 09:01 PM
I hope he told him "**** you"

cabletech94
08-19-2011, 09:01 PM
can't wait 'til we destroy them in the playoffs.

xztop12
08-19-2011, 09:02 PM
No he had his mom on speaker phone and the words were directed to her. He'll be flipping our fans off next week, no less.

Hammock Parties
08-19-2011, 09:03 PM

That team isn't making the playoffs.

Their skill positions outside of Ray Rice are garbage, and Ray Lewis is old as shit. They also lost their best corner.

xztop12

they played an entire series of cover 2 to pump up palko so we'd keep that trash.

Fansy the Famous Bard
No, I think Harbaugh tried to talk to him. Possibly to explain that he was trying to evaluate some guys, etc... Haley just wanted to shake hands and get off the field, He basically was just saying "ya ya, it's preseason. No worries, blah blah" *thumbs up*

Haley didn't wanna say anything, he just wanted to shake and go, Harbaugh followed him.

Titty Meat
08-19-2011, 09:04 PM
Nick Wright will have the story for us.

QuikSsurfer
i read his lips

"there's a lot of shit being talked about you"

Hahaha ah ooooo

cabletech94
That team isn't making the playoffs.

Their skill positions outside of Ray Rice are garbage, and Ray Lewis is old as shit. They also lost their best corner.

yeah, but i want REVENGE!!!!!!

blood. stained. whatevers.

Al Bundy
08-19-2011, 09:05 PM
Haley would have no reason to be mad at Harbaugh.

aturnis
08-19-2011, 09:07 PM
Played his starting QB until sometime in the 2nd against our 2nds. Played his 2nd string QB against our thirds until halfway through the fourth. Blitzed pretty much all night. Fuck him. I always liked the Ravens until Harbaugh got there. When they ran they score up on us week one '09. Fuck him. Could have kneeled on the ball and been done. Would rather run it in so he looked good in his first game.

FUCK THE RAVENS, NEVERMORE.

GloryDayz
08-19-2011, 09:08 PM
I think he said, "Doode, you went driver on us there at the end of this tournament"

Mr. Laz
08-19-2011, 09:09 PM
Haley would have no reason to be mad at Harbaugh.of course you don't understand

WV
08-19-2011, 09:09 PM
Maybe he was pissed he left his starting offense in against our second defense just to punch in a score.

I can't stand the Ravens or Harbaugh.

MIAdragon
08-19-2011, 09:10 PM
Haley would have no reason to be mad at Harbaugh.

:facepalm:

Mr. Arrowhead
08-19-2011, 09:10 PM
Played his starting QB until sometime in the 2nd against our 2nds. Played his 2nd string QB against our thirds until halfway through the fourth. Blitzed pretty much all night. **** him. I always liked the Ravens until Harbaugh got there. When they ran they score up on us week one '09. **** him. Could have kneeled on the ball and been done. Would rather run it in so he looked good in his first game.

**** THE RAVENS, NEVERMORE.

actually Flacco played into the 3rd quarter

aturnis
08-19-2011, 09:11 PM
actually Flacco played into the 3rd quarter

I stand corrected.

FUCK THE RAVENS. NEVERMORE.

Al Bundy
08-19-2011, 09:11 PM
of course you don't understand

Stop them.

stlchiefs
08-19-2011, 09:13 PM
Oh geez, they played football! And they let their big #1s beat up on our #2s! :deevee: It's the preseason, who gives a crap, each team is evaluating their own players how they choose. We have some real whiners around here tonight.

-King-
08-19-2011, 09:15 PM
http://a2.twimg.com/profile_images/582896213/jason_normal.jpg
Jason_Butt (http://twitter.com/#%21/Jason_Butt) Jason Butt by getnickwright

Harbaugh said wouldve been on a knee if it was regular season. Purely preseason is why they kept going.

8 minutes ago (http://twitter.com/#%21/Jason_Butt/status/104751232836583425) Favorite (http://twitter.com/#) Retweet (http://twitter.com/#) Reply (http://twitter.com/#)

Harbaugh told Haley "preseason, preseason, preseason." Haley wasn't happy, but took Harbaugh's word.

8 minutes ago (http://twitter.com/#%21/Jason_Butt/status/104751083829723136) [/URL] (http://twitter.com/#)

Jason_Butt (http://twitter.com/#) Jason Butt by getnickwright

Harbaugh: apologizes to #Chiefs (http://twitter.com/#%21/search?q=%23Chiefs) if they took end of game wrong way. It's preseason, wanted to get young guys in.

9 minutes ago (http://twitter.com/#%21/Jason_Butt/status/104750754060959744) (http://twitter.com/#)[URL="http://twitter.com/#"] (http://twitter.com/#)

lcarus
08-19-2011, 09:16 PM
Oh geez, they played football! And they let their big #1s beat up on our #2s! :deevee: It's the preseason, who gives a crap, each team is evaluating their own players how they choose. We have some real whiners around here tonight.

Agreed.

NNS
08-19-2011, 09:29 PM
Ran up the score? Are you guys for real?

Don't get mad at Harbaugh for trying to evaluate who is on his roster. Get mad at your team for not stopping them. That's why Flacco was in there so long. The Ravens offense was not clicking.

Harbaugh was not trying to embarrass Haley, and would have even explained that to him if he didn't storm off the field like some five year old. He cannot be that thin skinned and be a successful NFL coach. His first team defense shut down the Ravens first team offense but he's worried about some pointless scrub scoring at the end from guys trying to win a job? Come on. These Ravens bubble guys should just go into a victory formation instead of using the opportunity to practice on someone different than what they see every day?

Okie_Apparition
08-19-2011, 09:30 PM
Anybody who quotes Nick Wright should be tied to a flaming AIDS tree

Fansy the Famous Bard
08-19-2011, 09:31 PM

Don't get mad at Harbaugh for trying to evaluate who is on his roster. Get mad at your team for not stopping them. That's why Flacco was in there so long. The Ravens offense was not clicking.

Harbaugh was not trying to embarrass Haley, and would have even explained that to him if he didn't storm off the field like some five year old. He cannot be that thin skinned and be a successful NFL coach. His first team defense shut down the Ravens first team offense but he's worried about some pointless scrub scoring at the end from guys trying to win a job? Come on. These Ravens bubble guys should just go into a victory formation instead of using the opportunity to practice on someone different than what they see every day?

Did you read the thread or did you zero in on a select few posts to group this entire message board? Feel better to get up on that soap box now?

keg in kc
08-19-2011, 09:43 PM
Sucks when you're on the losing side of it, and kind of fires you up to want to play those guys and rip their faces off, but I get trying to get a look at a few guys late in the game.

Brock
08-19-2011, 09:51 PM
Geez, what a crybaby.

Reaper16
08-19-2011, 10:08 PM

First off: you're right that no one should be mad.

Second off: No one is mad. Shut your n00b ass up. Don't even try to generalize a board you have little idea about.

Phobia
08-19-2011, 10:14 PM

You're absolutely right. Don't want the score to be lopsided then, uh, stop them. It's a simple concept.

Deberg_1990
08-19-2011, 10:18 PM
:facepalm: somebody needs to tell Haley "Relax Francis" Its only preseason.....who gives a crap?

Predarat
08-19-2011, 10:18 PM

Go back to the post article comments on the KC Star, n00b.

Purple pride
08-19-2011, 10:20 PM
Man....what a douchebag....why should anybody take a knee in a preseason game.....Haley is a clown

Reaper16
08-19-2011, 10:23 PM
I suppose it's preseason for trolls too.

Phobia
08-19-2011, 10:24 PM
Man....what a douchebag....why should anybody take a knee in a preseason game.....Haley is a clown

The Ravens should have taken a knee because our 4th string defensive line took a knee.

KcMizzou
08-19-2011, 10:28 PM
I suppose it's preseason for trolls too.Indeed.

sunrider101
08-19-2011, 10:35 PM
Ravens fan here. Always respect the style and history of Chiefs. We seem to play you guys frequently (09 when you guys almost came back), last yr's playoff and then this yr's preseason.

You guys seem to have nice balance, and got a good backup QB in Palko(?).

Harb came out post game show and started his interview about this matter first.

As many of you guys have mentioned here, it has nothing to do with desrespecting Chiefs or Coach Haley at all, it was rather to give the young guys, who practiced hard, but whom many of em won't make the team, a chance of spotlight as a reward. Also a way to showcase to not only the Ravens, but also other 31 teams, that they do deserve their share of shot at being an NFL player.

I am glad to know that most of Chiefs fans are intelligent enough to recognize that this is only a preseason game, and thus exception to gentlemen's conduct applies, and wish you guys the best in this season. With way Denver is going through its changes, and Oakland being well.. Oakland. I have no doubt that Chiefs will have a great chance to compete with ever tough Chargers for a shot at AFC west title.

good luck this season.

aturnis
08-19-2011, 10:37 PM
Harbaugh said wouldve been on a knee if it was regular season. Purely preseason is why they kept going.

Knee my ass! The asshole ran up the score on us in his first game as head coach in 2009. What an asshole.

FloridaMan88
08-19-2011, 10:39 PM
Haley needs to get a life and worry about his own pathetic team.

aturnis
08-19-2011, 10:39 PM
Stop them.

Yes, it's preseason and we want to play our starters into the third quarter and risk injuries just so we can stop their starters into the 3rd quarter?

You realize Joe Flacco was playing against Chiefs third stringer at that point don't you? Likely played against them in the 2nd quarter.

MIAdragon
08-19-2011, 10:40 PM
I suppose it's preseason for trolls too.

no shit, they suck ass as well.

aturnis
08-19-2011, 10:42 PM

The Chiefs 2nd string defense pretty much shut down Flacco. There were guys who are guaranteed spots on the team running up the score against Chiefs 3rd stringers and UDFA's who won't have jobs next week. Harbaugh is a classless fuck.

ArrowheadMagic
08-19-2011, 10:43 PM
they played an entire series of cover 2 to pump up palko so we'd keep that trash.

Is this your first year of watching tackle football? Reading some your posts in the game thread makes me think your a late bloomer. its ok to be a novice at this game....

Chief Faithful
08-19-2011, 10:44 PM
Who cares about the score, the Chiefs get a great opportunity to evaluate their depth against the Ravens first team. What better way to determine who can and can't help the team?

ForeverChiefs58
08-19-2011, 11:06 PM
Ravens fan here. Always respect the style and history of Chiefs. We seem to play you guys frequently (09 when you guys almost came back), last yr's playoff and then this yr's preseason.

As many of you guys have mentioned here, it has nothing to do with desrespecting Chiefs or Coach Haley at all, it was rather to give the young guys, who practiced hard, but whom many of em won't make the team, a chance of spotlight as a reward. Also a way to showcase to not only the Ravens, but also other 31 teams, that they do deserve their share of shot at being an NFL player.

I am glad to know that most of Chiefs fans are intelligent enough to recognize that this is only a preseason game, and thus exception to gentlemen's conduct applies, and wish you guys the best in this season. With way Denver is going through its changes, and Oakland being well.. Oakland. I have no doubt that Chiefs will have a great chance to compete with ever tough Chargers for a shot at AFC west title.

good luck this season.

very nice post. I agree as well.

Doesn't seem to be different than the Bucs the week before.

ForeverChiefs58
08-19-2011, 11:08 PM
Who cares about the score, the Chiefs get a great opportunity to evaluate their depth against the Ravens first team. What better way to determine who can and can't help the team?

Couldn't agree more.

It's preseason evaluation time.

Rasputin
08-19-2011, 11:12 PM
My Highschool 8 man football team would run up the score 45 to nothing before half time. Games were called for the 45 point rule at half time. We won two state championships.

We were the most feared team in Kansas. Never let up. It wasn't our fault we were that much better than most teams. We worked for our bad assness.

R.I.P HC Jerry Slaton

lcarus
08-19-2011, 11:13 PM
Seems lately they could have a Chiefs TMZ channel.

listopencil
08-19-2011, 11:43 PM
My Highschool 8 man football team would run up the score 45 to nothing before half time. Games were called for the 45 point rule at half time. We won two state championships.

We were the most feared team in Kansas. Never let up. It wasn't our fault we were that much better than most teams. We worked for our bad assness.

R.I.P HC Jerry Slaton

One time I was playing tiddlywinks against my mom, got her with one right in the eye. It lodged in her eyelid and there was a little blood. Did I stop? Fuck no. You play to win the game. You don't like it, stop me from tiddlywinking bitches.

KCrockaholic
08-19-2011, 11:46 PM

R.I.P HC Jerry Slaton

Cool story bro

KCrockaholic
08-19-2011, 11:47 PM
One time I was playing tiddlywinks against my mom, got her with one right in the eye. It lodged in her eyelid and there was a little blood. Did I stop? Fuck no. You play to win the game. You don't like it, stop me from tiddlywinking bitches.

lmao

That was a little funny to think about.

xztop12
08-19-2011, 11:49 PM
Is this your first year of watching tackle football? Reading some your posts in the game thread makes me think your a late bloomer. its ok to be a novice at this game....

Great job addressing a specific point

Reaper16
08-19-2011, 11:59 PM
So, I just watched their exchange. Haley didn't look very pissed off at all. He looked like he was giving Harbaugh some shit about it, which caused Harbaugh to be all "playoffs, playoffs, playoffs" and Haley says "I know" and gave Harbaugh a thumbs-up.

There is literally no controversy here.

T-post Tom
08-20-2011, 12:03 AM

good luck this season.

Nice post. Enjoy the season!

BigRock
08-20-2011, 03:49 AM
So, I just watched their exchange. Haley didn't look very pissed off at all. He looked like he was giving Harbaugh some shit about it, which caused Harbaugh to be all "playoffs, playoffs, playoffs" and Haley says "I know" and gave Harbaugh a thumbs-up.

There is literally no controversy here.

According to a Baltimore radio station, Haley angrily berated Harbaugh as they walked off the field. And Harbaugh attempted to explain himself before waving Haley off with a "whatever".

And of course, that's the story lots of places are picking up.

Mr. Flopnuts
08-20-2011, 06:00 AM
OMG! We were disrespected in a Preseason game! :facepalm:

Gonzo
08-20-2011, 06:24 AM
OMG! EVERYBODY PANIC!

Pathetic and predictable.

If KC did this to them, and Haley said that he was just evaluating talent and letting the scrubs have a little fun, you know for a fucking fact you'd be ok with it. STFU and sit down, marsha.
Posted via Mobile Device

notorious
08-20-2011, 06:37 AM
I am glad to know that most of Chiefs fans are intelligent enough to recognize that this is only a preseason game,.

LMAO, you are giving our fanbase waaaaay too much credit.

Dave Lane
08-20-2011, 06:45 AM
It's funny I didn't even notice or care.

good luck this season.

TEX
08-20-2011, 07:39 AM
very nice post. I agree as well.

Doesn't seem to be different than the Bucs the week before.

Yep. No biggie about the score. The thing that concerns me is the Chiefs look soft up the middle. Sometimes problems show themselves in preseason and it haunts them all season long. Hope we're not seeing a blue-print for not being able to stop the run.

BostonTim
08-20-2011, 07:41 AM
Harbaugh's answer to this preposterous little man's bitching was so simple and obvious and correct.

Evan if there were rules of courtesy, no coach anywhere in this league can afford the luxury of being courteous for a single play. Do you think for one minute that an NFL head coach should tell his kids, fighting for their football lives to stand down, we don't wanna hurt their feelings???

So how the hell do you get to be a head coach in the NFL and not KNOW this?'

How about, instead, HE says, to his his kids:

Listen you p***ys, if you want to be on my roster you better make GD sure they don't punch this in again."

Cheers, BostonTim

sunrider101
08-20-2011, 07:44 AM
Yep. No biggie about the score. The thing that concerns me is the Chiefs look soft up the middle. Sometimes problems show themselves in preseason and it haunts them all season long. Hope we're not seeing a blue-print for not being able to stop the run.

Kelly Gregg is good at that. You keep him in the game as much as you can (if he can remain healthy), then you have someone clogging up the middle, while your fast pass rushers can get to the QB ( Justin Houston is a beast. which round did he get drafted?)

OnTheWarpath15
08-20-2011, 07:45 AM
According to a Baltimore radio station, Haley angrily berated Harbaugh as they walked off the field. And Harbaugh attempted to explain himself before waving Haley off with a "whatever".

And of course, that's the story lots of places are picking up.

OMG! We were disrespected in a Preseason game! :facepalm:

Jesus Christ, Todd.

Put on your fucking big boy pants and quit whining.

Just because you don't give two shits about preseason games doesn't mean everyone else should.

Hell, Baltimore did us a favor, IMO. These 2nd/3rd team guys will have to play against starters in the regular season should they see action.

Between this and trying to cover-up the Baldwin injury, we're not looking real good.

TEX
08-20-2011, 07:47 AM
Kelly Gregg is good at that. You keep him in the game as much as you can (if he can remain healthy), then you have someone clogging up the middle, while your fast pass rushers can get to the QB ( Justin Houston is a beast. which round did he get drafted?)

3rd round. I'm not worried about Gregg - I'm concerned about the depth. They look pretty darn soft and I bet it's going to be a problem all year. If ya can't stop the run - you have no chance.

Gonzo
08-20-2011, 07:52 AM
Apparently it's the official Troll-day here on CP.
Posted via Mobile Device

TEX
08-20-2011, 07:53 AM

good luck this season.

Yep. I love playing the Ravens because it's always a test. My favorite Raven games were when DV was coach. In '03 Dante Hall ran a punt back to win it in Baltimore. But NOTHING compares to the '04 MNF game in Baltimore where the Chiefs ran all over the Ravens. Ray Lewis was miked and Brian Waters absolutely destroyed him all night. He kept saying," You can't do this to me, I'm Ray Lewis." If ya listen carefully you can hear Waters say," All NIGHT!" LOL! That was pretty darn funny...

Smed1065
08-20-2011, 07:55 AM
Played his starting QB until sometime in the 2nd against our 2nds. Played his 2nd string QB against our thirds until halfway through the fourth. Blitzed pretty much all night. Fuck him. I always liked the Ravens until Harbaugh got there. When they ran they score up on us week one '09. Fuck him. Could have kneeled on the ball and been done. Would rather run it in so he looked good in his first game.

Someone has to take the Colts place, I guess.

Dave Lane
3rd round. I'm not worried about Gregg - I'm concerned about the depth. They look pretty darn soft and I bet it's going to be a problem all year. If ya can't stop the run - you have no chance.

I'm not worried about NT. Powe was flashing last night I think he's gonna be good. We have 3 NT 2 I think will be good.

Smed1065
Apparently it's the official Troll-day here on CP.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hey, Been called lots here but troll..

:cuss:

Smed1065
08-20-2011, 07:57 AM
OMG! We were disrespected in recent NFL history. :facepalm:

FYP~

JD10367
08-20-2011, 08:00 AM
From what I can gather it was the last score or two that rankled Haley. Not the earlier scoring when it was more "Ravens starters vs. Chiefs backups". And AFAIK at the end of the game both teams were playing backups. So it's not Harbaugh's fault that his backups are better than the Chiefs' at this point. It's as preposterous as the whiny bitches who say Belichick was running up the score against the Jags last week (and, believe it or not, one Jet fan actually wrote an article saying it was a "message to Rex Ryan", LOL).

Harbaugh is, as has been said, evaluating his own talent while also showcasing some guys as a nice gesture, as well as giving them something to celebrate.

I like Haley for the most part, but sometimes he does seem a bit too immature and overreactive. Between this and the recent fistfight, if I were a Chiefs fan I'd be a bit concerned about what Haley is showing here.

Haley's next presser should go like this:

"First off, I'd like to apologize to Harbaugh for overreacting at the end of the game. Just as we need to work our players into peak form to start the season, we coaches need to do the same with both our playcalling and our ability to react calmly and methodically, not emotionally. I understand the need to evaluate your players in the preseason to the last minute, and was, in hindsight, more angry at myself for not having prepared our backups to play better.

"Next, I'd like to address the recent fight that's been reported in the media. Let me be very clear about this: while emotional scuffling is excused in the heat of training camp and roster position battling, actual out-of-uniform fights that injure our own players will not be tolerated. NFL teams can't afford injuries in general, much less self-inflicted pointless ones. Both players involved will face disciplinary action, and that's all I have to say on the matter."

notorious
08-20-2011, 08:03 AM
Old man Gregg is a beast. I was very impressed.

OnTheWarpath15
08-20-2011, 08:03 AM
From what I can gather it was the last score or two that rankled Haley. Not the earlier scoring when it was more "Ravens starters vs. Chiefs backups". And AFAIK at the end of the game both teams were playing backups. So it's not Harbaugh's fault that his backups are better than the Chiefs' at this point. It's as preposterous as the whiny bitches who say Belichick was running up the score against the Jags last week (and, believe it or not, one Jet fan actually wrote an article saying it was a "message to Rex Ryan", LOL).

Harbaugh is, as has been said, evaluating his own talent while also showcasing some guys as a nice gesture, as well as giving them something to celebrate.

I like Haley for the most part, but sometimes he does seem a bit too immature and overreactive. Between this and the recent fistfight, if I were a Chiefs fan I'd be a bit concerned about what Haley is showing here.

"First off, I'd like to apologize to Harbaugh for overreacting at the end of the game. Just as we need to work our players into peak form to start the season, we coaches need to do the same with both our playcalling and our ability to react calmly and methodically, not emotionally. I understand the need to evaluate your players in the preseason to the last minute, and was, in hindsight, more angry at myself for not having prepared our backups to play better.

"Next, I'd like to address the recent fight that's been reported in the media. Let me be very clear about this: while emotional scuffling is excused in the heat of training camp and roster position battling, actual out-of-uniform fights that injure our own players will not be tolerated. NFL teams can't afford injuries in general, much less self-inflicted pointless ones. Both players involved will face disciplinary action, and that's all I have to say on the matter."

Good post, JD.

TEX
08-20-2011, 08:07 AM
I'm not worried about NT. Powe was flashing last night I think he's gonna be good. We have 3 NT 2 I think will be good.

Hope you're correct. It is my only major concern with this team.

sunrider101
08-20-2011, 08:09 AM
Yep. I love playing the Ravens because it's always a test. My favorite Raven games were when DV was coach. In '03 Dante Hall ran a punt back to win it in Baltimore. But NOTHING compares to the '04 MNF game in Baltimore where the Chiefs ran all over the Ravens. Ray Lewis was miked and Brian Waters absolutely destroyed him all night. He kept saying," You can't do this to me, I'm Ray Lewis." If ya listen carefully you can hear Waters say," All NIGHT!" LOL! That was pretty darn funny...

Although we don't play you guys enough to develop that kind of rivalry that exists between us and Pit, or you guys and denver, game between the two teams is always so fun to watch.

I do share some of the concern, JUST based on last 2-3 years that chiefs are favoring faster but smaller defensive players, and flying around the field. It will match up well with teams running west coast offense, but i do agree that against heavy runs, that could be some trouble.

On offense, what a balance. I really liked Dexter McCluster coming out last year, and you can see what kind of agility that kid has. McClain left us because he wanted more carries, but honestly with Charles and Jones in the backfield already, what was he thinking? He should just be that solid FB he can be and pave the way for Charles and Jones.

Who are other receivers besides Bowe? I didn't get to catch anyone.

Fish
08-20-2011, 08:11 AM
The Chiefs 2nd string defense pretty much shut down Flacco. There were guys who are guaranteed spots on the team running up the score against Chiefs 3rd stringers and UDFA's who won't have jobs next week. Harbaugh is a classless fuck.

Haley hasn't given 2 shits about the score of the preseason games since he came here. This season especially, he's made it clear that the focus is on Sept. 11 and they haven't been worrying about the preseason games. Why should Haley get all butthurt about disrespect in this game, when he's never shown any respect for preseason games since becoming a head coach?

I've grown on Haley, but I don't think this kind of childish shit will ever go away.

Predarat
08-20-2011, 08:27 AM

R.I.P HC Jerry Slaton

I bet one of the teams you beat up on was Marmaton Valley.

Iowanian
08-20-2011, 08:36 AM
That last play was an additional opportunity for some of those defensive players to try to earn a spot in this league. They shouldn't have pouted and slacked.

Fansy the Famous Bard
08-20-2011, 08:37 AM
Jesus, has anyone even watched it? Haley just shook his hand and turned to walk away... he didn't say or do anything... Harbaugh followed him and kept on... Haley just basically was saying "ya ya whatever"... He wasn't trying to do freaking anything...

It's amazing what can be conjured up out of nothing. :)

SAUTO
08-20-2011, 08:41 AM
Jesus Christ, Todd.

Just because you don't give two shits about preseason games doesn't mean everyone else should.

Hell, Baltimore did us a favor, IMO. These 2nd/3rd team guys will have to play against starters in the regular season should they see action.

Between this and trying to cover-up the Baldwin injury, we're not looking real good.
It could also just have been blown out of proportion.

By the media, you know...
Posted via Mobile Device

Reerun_KC
08-20-2011, 08:44 AM
It could also just have been blown out of proportion.

By the media, you know...
Posted via Mobile Device

Why is this even a story or discussion?

Who really cares?

SAUTO
08-20-2011, 08:48 AM
Why is this even a story or discussion?

Who really cares?
Exactly.
Posted via Mobile Device

Okie_Apparition
08-20-2011, 09:01 AM
This is where savvy PR people with Russell Stovers & Hallmark cards give Haley gifts to give to coaches for the after the game handshake

lcarus
08-20-2011, 09:05 AM
This is where savvy PR people with Russell Stovers & Hallmark cards give Haley gifts to give to coaches for the after the game handshake

Haley giving Rex Ryan a box of assorted Russel Stover chocolates after a 28-10 loss. That'll be the day. :jester:

Okie_Apparition
08-20-2011, 09:11 AM
Rex throwing them on the ground and stomping them with his bare feet would not be seen as a bad thing. Fudge oozing between his toes

lcarus
08-20-2011, 09:17 AM
Rex throwing them on the ground and stomping them with his bare feet would not be seen as a bad thing. Fudge oozing between his toes

Thanks. That was a mental picture I didn't want to have lol.

LVNHACK
08-20-2011, 09:25 AM
One time I was playing tiddlywinks against my mom, got her with one right in the eye. It lodged in her eyelid and there was a little blood. Did I stop? **** no. You play to win the game. You don't like it, stop me from tiddlywinking bitches.

ROFLROFLROFL

gblowfish
08-20-2011, 10:07 AM
I can see this both ways. I understand wanting to evaluate talent. I get that. But calling time out with less than 20 sec's left to score one more time when the game was already out of reach was poor form. What are they going to learn from one more running play? Sure, it doesn't count, but in general terms, rubbing a team's nose in it is poor sportsmanship. You can bet Baltimore wouldn't like it if the roles were reversed. Maybe they're trying to win bigger to sell tickets. Looked like they had a lot of empty seats.

And yes, stopping it is on the Chiefs. If you don't like getting embarrassed, do something about it. Stop the run.

Haley will file this away. Coaches have long memories. Someday Harbaugh will have some payback coming, and hopefully it'll come when the game counts. You can bet on that.

Sure-Oz
08-20-2011, 10:38 AM
greggdoyelcbs Gregg Doyel
Is there bigger baby than Haley? RT @CBSSports: Todd Haley v John Harbaugh in @EyeOnNFL blog bit.ly/HaleyUpset

BigCatDaddy
08-20-2011, 11:29 AM
Just watched it again on NFL Network and it looked like Haleys really could have given 2 shits.

prhom
08-20-2011, 11:41 AM
I just didn't see anything that made me think Haley was pissed. They were just talking as they walked away from each other. People are just trying to create a story where none exists.

Reaper16
08-20-2011, 11:55 AM
I truly think that the Baltimore media is making a story out of nothing.

milkman
08-20-2011, 12:08 PM
Just watched it again on NFL Network and it looked like Haleys really could have given 2 shits.

Looked to me that Haley's irritation had more to do with the Chiefs allowing a big play just before the TD than anything that the Ravens did.

The Chiefs third stringers, for the most, were just pathetic.

And "pathetic" is being generous in my description.

BigRock
08-20-2011, 12:19 PM
Jesus Christ, Todd.

The story from Baltimore radio that I posted is complete horseshit, which is obvious if you watch what happened.

Haley didn't do anything, other than looking uninterested in hearing Harbaugh explain himself.

kstater
08-20-2011, 12:24 PM
The story from Baltimore radio that I posted is complete horseshit, which is obvious if you watch what happened.

Haley didn't do anything, other than looking uninterested in hearing Harbaugh explain himself.

Yeah,.that would require some people to take off their anti-administration glasses.

BigMeatballDave
08-20-2011, 12:25 PM
He didn't looked pissed to me. I don't really care.

So, I guess we're gonna take stock in Baltimore radio?

Typical tough-guy response from OTWP considering you have clue what was said on the field. LMAO

Just Passin' By
08-20-2011, 01:54 PM

Bullshit. The last score was a joke. You aren't getting anything out of throwing deep against a team that's expecting you to take a knee in the second game of the exhibition season.

Haley has nothing to apologize for. Harbaugh was in the wrong, and he knows that, which is why he came out and tried offering his lame argument.

Predarat
08-20-2011, 04:45 PM
If Haley is so butthurt over scores he needs to stop yapping and start throwing punches and elbows.

OctoberFart
08-20-2011, 05:29 PM
Played his starting QB until sometime in the 2nd against our 2nds. Played his 2nd string QB against our thirds until halfway through the fourth. Blitzed pretty much all night. **** him. I always liked the Ravens until Harbaugh got there. When they ran they score up on us week one '09. **** him. Could have kneeled on the ball and been done. Would rather run it in so he looked good in his first game.

**** THE RAVENS, NEVERMORE.

Cry me a river. This is professional football played by millionaire athletes. There is no such thing as running up the score in NFL. You fit right in with your garbage head coach.

BigMeatballDave
08-20-2011, 05:54 PM

"Next, I'd like to address the recent fight that's been reported in the media. Let me be very clear about this: while emotional scuffling is excused in the heat of training camp and roster position battling, actual out-of-uniform fights that injure our own players will not be tolerated. NFL teams can't afford injuries in general, much less self-inflicted pointless ones. Both players involved will face disciplinary action, and that's all I have to say on the matter."Stupid. I would not acknowledge any of it.

KChiefs1
08-20-2011, 06:08 PM
No such thing as running it up....do your job & stop the other team!

Just Passin' By
08-20-2011, 06:12 PM
No such thing as running it up....do your job & stop the other team!

Don't be so daft. When you're in kneel dime time, and you throw deep, you're running up the score.

JD10367
08-20-2011, 06:18 PM
There's no such thing as "kneel down time" in a preseason game. Preseason games aren't about the score, they're about evaluating your team and players. ALL your players. ESPECIALLY the guys at the bottom of the roster. Yes, even with a few seconds to go, you want to know if that backup QB can throw a TD, if that backup O-line can protect him, if that backup WR can haul in the score. I don't get why some of you are being so obtuse about it. Bitching about running up the score in general is a pussy move, but bitching about running up the score in the preseason is beyond pussy. This isn't pee-wee soccer. They don't hand out little losers' trophies and take everyone out for pizza. It's about fielding the best team you can to win as many games as you can and hopefully eventually win the Lombardi Trophy. Haley should worry more about why his backups sucked so bad. It's not the other team's job to go easy on you.

Just Passin' By
08-20-2011, 06:20 PM
There's no such thing as "kneel down time" in a preseason game.

Again, bullshit. You should know better, too, being a Patriots fan. The Patriots just took a kneel down this week.

It was 24-13 with 1:18 left in the game, with a bunch of scrubs on the field. That's kneel down time. Instead, the Ravens went deep. It was bush league.

JD10367
08-20-2011, 06:35 PM
Again, bullshit. You should know better, too, being a Patriots fan. The Patriots just took a kneel down this week.

Yes, as a Patriots fan, I do know better: I know that crying about running up the score is bush-league.

Let's examine the play-by-play from the moment the Ravens went up 17-13.

7:16 4th KC 1st & 10 at KC20 Ricky Stanzi pass to the left to Mike Cox for 8 yards to the KC28. Tackled by Mana Silva.
6:26 4th KC 2nd & 2 at KC28 Ricky Stanzi sacked at KC18 for a loss of 10 yards by Bryan Hall.
5:47 4th KC 3rd & 12 at KC18 Ricky Stanzi incomplete pass to the middle intended for Jeremy Horne defensed by Danny Gorrer.
5:42 4th KC 4th & 12 at KC18 Dustin Colquitt punts for 55 yards to Bal27. Tom Zbikowski - no return. FUMBLE, recovered by Bal.

5:33 4th Bal 1st & 10 at Bal27 Jalen Parmele rush to the left for 1 yard to the Bal28. Tackled by Brandon Bair.
4:51 4th Bal 2nd & 9 at Bal28 Tyrod Taylor pass to the right to David Reed for 41 yards to the KC31. Tackled by Quinten Lawrence.
4:07 4th Bal -- Baltimore TIMEOUT.
4:07 4th Bal 1st & 10 at KC31 Anthony Allen rush to the left for 8 yards to the KC23. Tackled by Donald Washington.
3:27 4th Bal 2nd & 2 at KC23 Anthony Allen rush to the left for 14 yards to the KC9. Tackled by Donald Washington.
2:46 4th Bal 1st & 9 at KC9 Anthony Allen rush to the left for 4 yards to the KC5. Tackled by Brandon Bair.
2:08 4th Bal 2nd & 5 at KC5 Tyrod Taylor rush to the right for 5 yards for a TOUCHDOWN.
1:59 4th Bal -- Jacob Harfman extra point is good.

1:59 4th Bal -- Jacob Harfman kicks off to the KC0. Demond Washington return for 21 yards to KC21. Tackled by Josh Bynes.
1:52 4th KC 1st & 10 at KC21 Ricky Stanzi pass to the right to Chandler Williams for 8 yards to the KC29. Tackled by Josh Victorian.
1:34 4th KC 2nd & 2 at KC29 Ricky Stanzi incomplete pass to the right intended for Chandler Williams.
1:29 4th KC 3rd & 2 at KC29 Ricky Stanzi incomplete pass to the middle intended for Chandler Williams defensed by Nate Williams.
1:26 4th KC -- Kansas City TIMEOUT.
1:26 4th KC 4th & 2 at KC29 Ricky Stanzi pass intended for Chandler Williams INTERCEPTED by Josh Victorian and returned for a loss of 5 yards. Tackled by Zeke Markshausen.

1:18 4th Bal 1st & 10 at KC41 Hunter Cantwell pass to the right to LaQuan Williams for 38 yards to the KC3. Tackled by Quinten Lawrence.
1:18 4th Bal 1st & 3 at KC3 Penalty: False Start on Baltimore (Andre Ramsey) -5 yards. 0:34 4th Bal -- Baltimore TIMEOUT.
0:34 4th Bal 1st & 8 at KC8 Hunter Cantwell incomplete pass to the right intended for Davon Drew.
0:34 4th Bal 2nd & 8 at KC8 Anthony Allen rush to the left for 7 yards to the KC1. Tackled by Micah Johnson and Amara Kamara.
0:08 4th Bal -- Baltimore TIMEOUT.
0:08 4th Bal 3rd & 1 at KC1 Anthony Allen rush to the left for 1 yard for a TOUCHDOWN.
0:05 4th Bal -- Jacob Harfman extra point is good. 0:05 4th Bal -- Jacob Harfman kicks off to the KC0. Touchback.
0:05 4th KC 1st & 10 at KC20 Ricky Stanzi rush up the middle for a loss of 1 yard to the KC19.

I bring to your attention the red highlighted part. The Chiefs were down 24-13 with less than two minutes to go and a 3rd and short in their own end. Gee, why did they call timeout? I mean, it's a meaningless preseason game, no? Why not take a knee? Why not run the ball? Instead, they called a timeout, and then tried a pass that got picked off. Why? Because they wanted to evaluate their team, and maybe they even wanted to win. Go ****ing figure. Those are the two objectives of football.

And the Patriots took a knee at the end of the game because they were on their own nine yard line. Just a little bit different from being handed the ball in your opponent's end of the field. And it's not Harbaugh's problem that the KC reserves let a pass go for 38 yards on one play to put them three yards from the end zone.

Anyone think Vince Lombardi would've taken a knee? Paul Brown? Hank Stram? We all complain about how pussy the NFL is getting. Now we have to worry about if a coach is hurting someone's feelings by (gasp!) actually attempting to score? Fuck that shit.

Just Passin' By
08-20-2011, 06:46 PM
I bring to your attention the red highlighted part. The Chiefs were down 24-13 with less than two minutes to go and a 3rd and short in their own end. Gee, why did they call timeout? I mean, it's a meaningless preseason game, no? Why not take a knee? Why not run the ball? Instead, they called a timeout, and then tried a pass that got picked off. Why? Because they wanted to evaluate their team, and maybe they even wanted to win. Go ****ing figure. Those are the two objectives of football.

And the Patriots took a knee at the end of the game because they were on their own nine yard line. Just a little bit different from being handed the ball in your opponent's end of the field. And it's not Harbaugh's problem that the KC reserves let a pass go for 38 yards on one play to put them three yards from the end zone.

Anyone think Vince Lombardi would've taken a knee? Paul Brown? Hank Stram? We all complain about how pussy the NFL is getting. Now we have to worry about if a coach is hurting someone's feelings by (gasp!) actually attempting to score? **** that shit.

Are you fucking kidding me? You can't figure out the difference between the team down 24-13 (end of game hurry up drill/onside kick) and the team up 24-13?

You're smarter than that.

KCrockaholic
08-20-2011, 06:49 PM
I guess for me, I don't have a problem with it really.

But when Baltimore took a timeout with 8 seconds left to play, that was a bit unnecessary. I still don't care either way. It's a bunch of 3rd/4th stringers that will more than likely not even make the team.

durtyrute
08-20-2011, 07:21 PM

If we wanted it to stop, we should've stopped it. There is no "letting your foot off the gas" in football. I would love to see the Chiefs ahead like 59 to 0 one day and still try to score more.

gblowfish
08-20-2011, 07:32 PM
I don't think Vince Lombardi would have done a very good job coaching this game, considering he's been a corpse for 40 years....

boogblaster
08-20-2011, 07:37 PM
dead coaching ... hummmm ....

Just Passin' By
08-20-2011, 07:39 PM

Al Davis has been doing it for years, behind the scenes.

Fansy the Famous Bard
08-20-2011, 09:37 PM

When did this thread get derailed and about Lute Olson?