PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Gif'd Up - Chiefs vs Ravens AKA Asamoah destroys Ngata

Hammock Parties
08-20-2011, 02:47 PM
Per the report:

Sometime during the first half, Kendall Gammon was practically spankin' it over Asamoah and how he was owning fools. He said Asamoah put Haloti Ngata on his ass and Ngata looked like he didn't even know what happened.

I believe this is the play in question. Asamoah throws Ngata to the ground.

http://i54.tinypic.com/2v9p1n8.jpg

If #61 didn't blow his block Jones is off and running.

I looked at some other plays and Asamoah did a damn fine job. Ngata was not getting much penetration at all on running plays.

cabletech94
08-20-2011, 02:50 PM
booiiiiingg!!!

tyler360
08-20-2011, 02:52 PM
That's nice. Real nice

aturnis
08-20-2011, 02:53 PM
Yay! Gif'd up returns!

Hammock Parties
08-20-2011, 02:54 PM
Yay! Gif'd up returns!

Did you miss the Bucs thread?

Mr. Arrowhead
08-20-2011, 02:54 PM
Asamoah>Waters

aturnis
08-20-2011, 03:00 PM
No. Just saying it's back AGAIN. Thought I'd have to wait until tomorrow.

Mr. Laz
08-20-2011, 03:03 PM
i wouldn't say destroyed but he did do a nice job turning him.

very nice considering Asomoah and a young'un and Ngata is a probowler

too bad that n00b Hudson missed his block

Three7s
Damn, Rodney Hudson blew that block on the LB. :(

Hammock Parties
No. Just saying it's back AGAIN. Thought I'd have to wait until tomorrow.

http://i52.tinypic.com/rr5pmu.jpg

KCrockaholic
08-20-2011, 03:05 PM
Wow. I just realized on that play 61 is Rodney Hudson. He's playing next to Casey Weigmann at LG. Interesting considering Hudson will eventually take Casey's place.

the Talking Can
08-20-2011, 03:06 PM
ngata got inside him, and he rode him out of the play....still a nice play

Mr. Laz
08-20-2011, 03:08 PM
Wow. I just realized on that play 61 is Rodney Hudson. He's playing next to Casey Weigmann at LG. Interesting considering Hudson will eventually take Casey's place.
i think it's a good idea

Lilja is a vet at LG so he doesn't need as much work and Hudson needs to experience at NFL level blocking without the added pressure snapping the ball and making line calls.

Hammock Parties
08-20-2011, 03:14 PM
Here's a photo of it.

http://prod.static.chiefs.clubs.nfl.com/assets/images/imported/KC/photos/clubimages/2011/08-August/8-19-FirstHalf-037--nfl_medium_540_360.JPG

beach tribe
08-20-2011, 04:15 PM
Did you miss the Bucs thread?

I did. Did a search too, and didn't find it. What's it called?

Hammock Parties
08-20-2011, 04:15 PM
I did. Did a search too, and didn't find it. What's it called?

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=248460

Marcellus
08-20-2011, 04:21 PM

Hudson played LG in college.

KCrockaholic
08-20-2011, 04:24 PM
Hudson played LG in college.

Yeah I know he played some LG in college. I just found it interesting that he was playing right next to Casey. Basically an up close and personal view of how Casey plays.

Marcellus
08-20-2011, 04:28 PM
Yeah I know he played some LG in college. I just found it interesting that he was playing right next to Casey. Basically an up close and personal view of how Casey plays.

Casey knows he is about done so I imagine he is tutoring him well.

I also fully expect that Hudson is looked at as a back up to C and LG this year and not expected to start unless there is an injury.

Good to see some apparent OL depth coming through. This is after year 1 when peopel went ballistic that Pioli didn't do shit for the OL.

KCrockaholic
08-20-2011, 04:31 PM

I also fully expect that Hudson is looked at as a back up to C and LG this year and not expected to start unless there is an injury.

Good to see some apparent OL depth coming through. This is after year 1 when peopel went ballistic that Pioli didn't do shit for the OL.

More than anything with this line I'm interested in how we use Gaither. Because he is too talented to sit on the bench.

Mr. Arrowhead
08-20-2011, 04:36 PM
Cant wait to see the Gif of Justin Houston

BossChief
08-20-2011, 05:31 PM
Will Shields clone.

milkman
08-20-2011, 05:32 PM
Will Shields clone.

Don't get carried away.

KurtCobain
08-20-2011, 05:33 PM
Don't get carried away.

Already down the street and up a few steps.

Titty Meat
08-20-2011, 05:37 PM
Cant wait to see the Gif of Justin Houston

This.

BossChief
08-20-2011, 05:49 PM
Don't get carried away.

My inner KnowMo takes over when I talk about my favorite players on this team and Asamoah is toward to top of that list.

I really think the guy is gonna be a 12 year starter for us that makes 7 or 8 probowls.

Ill take my lumps if Im wrong...always do.

Reerun_KC
08-20-2011, 05:51 PM
Anyway you can get an endzone shot of that play?

milkman
08-20-2011, 05:52 PM
My inner KnowMo takes over when I talk about my favorite players on this team and Asamoah is toward to top of that list.

I really think the guy is gonna be a 12 year starter for us that makes 7 or 8 probowls.

Ill take my lumps if Im wrong...always do.

I'm really high on him too.

I just don't think we need to go overboard on the hyperbole.

And I know that's kinda redundant.

Hammock Parties
08-20-2011, 05:53 PM
Anyway you can get an endzone shot of that play?

Nope, that's the only angle they showed.

RedThat
08-20-2011, 05:55 PM
Will Shields clone.

I love your optimism, but dude....Will Shields?

Mr. Laz
08-20-2011, 05:58 PM

when people went ballistic that Pioli didn't do shit for the OT's

THE OT's

you must hang out at Arrowhead because you are full on homer pride.

Does it actually hurt your feelings when someone doesn't like something the chiefs have/haven't done? I mean personally hurt YOUR feelings?

The Chiefs caught a break when they grabbed Gaithers late but they still aren't aggressive enough when dealing with certain positions. imo.

QB
NT
OT

Marcellus
08-20-2011, 06:00 PM
when people went ballistic that Pioli didn't do shit for the OT's

THE OT's

you must hang out at Arrowhead because you are full on homer pride.

Does it actually hurt your feelings when someone doesn't like something the chiefs have/haven't done? I mean personally hurt YOUR feelings?

The Chiefs caught a break when they grabbed Gaithers late but they still aren't aggressive enough when dealing with certain positions. imo.

QB
NT
OT

Are you smoking the crack pipe right this minute or still coming back down from your last hit?

Did I mention you and hurt your feeling or something?

Pioli caught shit for everything on the OL outside of Albert so STFU.

Mr. Laz
08-20-2011, 06:45 PM
Are you smoking the crack pipe right this minute or still coming back down from your last hit?

Did I mention you and hurt your feeling or something?

Pioli caught shit for everything on the OL outside of Albert so STFU.
our Oline is weak and has been weak during Pioli's entire tenure.

somebody is in denial

Depth at QB has sucked

Nose Tackle might just finally have caught a break with Powe dropping in the draft.

I like Pioli just as much as the next guy, probably even more. But he needs to be more aggressive.

BossChief
08-20-2011, 06:51 PM

somebody is in denial

Depth at QB has sucked

Nose Tackle might just finally have caught a break with Powe dropping in the draft.

I like Pioli just as much as the next guy, probably even more. But he needs to be more aggressive.

WTF

oh, nevermind...I didnt realize it was just a laz post.

carry on

Mr. Laz
08-20-2011, 06:55 PM
WTF

oh, nevermind...I didnt realize it was just a laz post.

carry on
you're so full of shit

nothing i said was incorrect ...

our OT's might still be a problem

QB depth is still a problem unless Stanzi saves it

NT looks like it might finally be passable

what part of that isn't true?

BossChief
08-20-2011, 07:05 PM
you're so full of shit

nothing i said was incorrect ...

our OT's might still be a problem

QB depth is still a problem unless Stanzi saves it

NT looks like it might finally be passable

what part of that isn't true?

Our OL is/was not weak. We were the #1 rushing team in the NFL and didnt give up too many sacks that came after 3 1/2 seconds in shich the ball should have been gone. At worst, our line was average last year and has dramatically improved with the additions of Hudson and Gaither...also Asamoah taking over at RG is a big upgrade...even over a quality vet like Lilja.

Pioli may not have gotten the qb the way we here at the planet wanted, but he got a guy he believed in and after he did so, he went out and got him as many weapons to surround him with to help him succeed as he could.

DMC
Breaston
Baldwin
Moeaki
to go with Charles and Bowe

Then he drafted a long term backup at worst and quality franchise QB at best in the fifth round. Watch him play and tell me he wasnt a good pick, go ahead.

I don think there was a guy they felt would be a good fit fo our 3-4 at NT until Gregg shook loose and then Powe fell...Pioli waited 4 years to draft the right guy in Wilfork and it worked out...lets hope he got "Vince light" in the Powe pick, he very well might have...and for cheap.

In short, your whole post was garbage.

sorry, but it was.

allen_kcCard
08-20-2011, 07:49 PM
Too much OL arguments. Needs more GIFs.

Mr. Laz
08-20-2011, 07:51 PM
we were the #1 rushing team in large part because of Charles being uber and because Haley was scared to death to throw the ball because our OT's couldn't hold up so we even ran it on 3rd and 12.

Is Asomoah a tackle? Is Hudson a tackle? Why in the fuck are you talking about guards/centers when we are talking about offensive tackles. Oh yea, cause you're full of shit.

DMC,Breaston,Baldwin,Moeaki,Charles and Bowe - are any of these guys an OT,QB or NT? Why are you talking about all these players that don't play the positions we are talking about? Oh yea, cause you're full of shit.

i don't care how they felt ... they didn't get the job done at NT until this year(hopefully)

I think a mod should change your name from Bosschief to Chihuahuachief.

It doesn't matter who's talking or what they are talking about. You are always running around their feet yapping your mouth, irritating the fuck out of everyone.

Hammock Parties
08-20-2011, 07:52 PM
Too much OL arguments. Needs more GIFs.

You'll get gifs when I feel like it and you'll like it.

BossChief
08-20-2011, 07:52 PM

somebody is in denial

Depth at QB has sucked

care to continue?

MIAdragon
08-20-2011, 07:54 PM
we were the #1 rushing team in large part because of Charles being uber and because Haley was scared to death to throw the ball because our OT's couldn't hold up so we even ran it on 3rd and 12.

Is Asomoah a tackle? Is Hudson a tackle? Why in the **** are you talking about guards/centers when we are talking about offensive tackles. Oh yea, cause you're full of shit.

DMC,Breaston,Baldwin,Moeaki,Charles and Bowe - are any of these guys an OT,QB or NT? Why are you talking about all these players that don't play the positions we are talking about? Oh yea, cause you're full of shit.

i don't care how they felt ... they didn't get the job done at NT until this year(hopefully)

I think a mod should change your name from Bosschief to Chihuahuachief.

It doesn't matter who's talking or what they are talking about. You are always running around their feet yapping your mouth, irritating the **** out of everyone.

http://crusadeagainstbs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/cockpunch2.jpg

MIAdragon
08-20-2011, 07:55 PM
You'll get gifs when I feel like it and you'll like it.

dont make us send your ass to the glue factory, more gif's dammit.

Hammock Parties
08-20-2011, 07:56 PM
Don't look a gif horse in the mouth motherfuckers.

MIAdragon
08-20-2011, 07:59 PM
Don't look a gif horse in the mouth mother****ers.

http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lcraugPvNa1qe0eclo1_r3_500.gif

Mr. Laz
08-20-2011, 08:05 PM

care to continue?
ok i'll play ... as a whole the Oline has been weak during Pioli's time.

Let's review:

Niswanger
McIntosh
Adrian Jones
Ryan O'callaghan
Herb Taylor
Mike Goff
Wade Smith
Allen Alleman
Ike Indukwe
Waters(aging)
Barry Richardson
Wiegmann (aging)
Albert (at left tackle)
Asomoah (not playing until this year)
Hudson
Ryan Lilja

our tackles (which is the main concern) are still Albert and Richardson ... both shaky.

patchwork bullshit for the most part ... hopefully we get lucky with Gaithers.

Mr. Laz
08-20-2011, 08:06 PM
Don't look a gif horse in the mouth motherfuckers.
you're right ... we got off-topic all to hell

i screwed up your gif thread

muh bad :hail:

Hammock Parties
08-20-2011, 08:06 PM
GIF HORSE DON'T ROLL ON SHABBOS

bringbackmarty
08-20-2011, 08:08 PM
I hold out great hope for him to lead the way on many time killing, physically punishing, inside runs throughout the fourth quarter of all our games, well into january of next year.
This would be the most desirable outcome for him, the team, and all of us.

MIAdragon
08-20-2011, 08:41 PM
I hold out great hope for him to lead the way on many time killing, physically punishing, inside runs throughout the fourth quarter of all our games, well into january of next year.
This would be the most desirable outcome for him, the team, and all of us.

Hey dude, time to change your sig.

Blick
08-20-2011, 10:45 PM
I saw Asamoah put Ngata on his ass when they showed that replay from the endzone angle. Loved it.

It was interesting that Hudson came in to play LG for Lilja on the second series, and that was it. After that, Lilja came back in, and Hudson didn't come in again until taking over at center.

Saul Good
08-20-2011, 10:54 PM
Is Asomoah a tackle? Is Hudson a tackle? Why in the fuck are you talking about guards/centers when we are talking about offensive tackles.

The fuck?

Hammock Parties
08-20-2011, 10:56 PM
I saw Asamoah put Ngata on his ass when they showed that replay from the endzone angle. Loved it.

It was interesting that Hudson came in to play LG for Lilja on the second series, and that was it. After that, Lilja came back in, and Hudson didn't come in again until taking over at center.

Unless I missed something, they never showed it from the end zone angle.

Was this on the Ravens broadcast?

Hammock Parties
08-21-2011, 02:17 AM
2nd team defense taking out the trash. :#

http://i52.tinypic.com/fqmpx.jpg

Dante84
08-21-2011, 03:31 AM

I know I'm making a dumb statement, so that being said...

Will there ever be a situation in which Sheffield, Hali, Houston, and DJ are on the field at the same time?

I know that's three OLB's and one MLB, which makes no sense, but I just had some magical image enter my brain of all four of those guys crushing a qb at the same time, and the NFL just says **** it, and gives us the Lombardi trophy.

Everyone on CP will bitch because "we didn't win a playoff game."

Dante84
08-21-2011, 03:33 AM
Also, does this play count as a half sack for Houston, or was it fully credited to Sheff?

That would mean Houston got 2.5 sacks instead of 2.

Chiefs=Champions
08-21-2011, 03:46 AM
I think you get Houston and Sheffield to spell each other. Our pass rush should be dynamic with 3 guys who can seriously rush the passer being fresh all the time..

on third and longs in come:

Houston/Sheffield
Gilberry
And youve already got Hali on the field..

milkman
08-21-2011, 04:20 AM
I think you get Houston and Sheffield to spell each other. Our pass rush should be dynamic with 3 guys who can seriously rush the passer being fresh all the time..

on third and longs in come:

Houston/Sheffield
Gilberry
And youve already got Hali on the field..

The Chiefs aren't going to put 3 OLBs on the field to get after the QB at the same time.

Chiefs=Champions
08-21-2011, 04:44 AM
The Chiefs aren't going to put 3 OLBs on the field to get after the QB at the same time.

thats my point...

WhiteWhale
08-21-2011, 10:17 AM

True.. though easily 3/4 of those guys could make up our DL on 3rd and long situations, which would be very nice. They're OLB's but they can rush with their hand on the ground in passing situations.

CoMoChief
08-21-2011, 10:20 AM
I know I'm making a dumb statement, so that being said...

Will there ever be a situation in which Sheffield, Hali, Houston, and DJ are on the field at the same time?

I know that's three OLB's and one MLB, which makes no sense, but I just had some magical image enter my brain of all four of those guys crushing a qb at the same time, and the NFL just says **** it, and gives us the Lombardi trophy.

Everyone on CP will bitch because "we didn't win a playoff game."

ROFL

Easy 6
08-21-2011, 11:11 AM
'Destroys' is a bit strong, but it was a nice demonstration of staying with him & riding him outta the play.

Direckshun
08-21-2011, 11:35 AM
Albert and Richardson are absolutely ruining this line. Neither one had a remotely good game.

Shaid
08-21-2011, 01:17 PM
Also, does this play count as a half sack for Houston, or was it fully credited to Sheff?

That would mean Houston got 2.5 sacks instead of 2.

I'm pretty sure since the ball was thrown that neither of them got a sack on that one. ;)

Hammock Parties
08-21-2011, 01:38 PM
'Destroys' is a bit strong, but it was a nice demonstration of staying with him & riding him outta the play.

How many times a game do you think someone throws Haloti Ngata to the ground?

There is a reason Baldinger was freaking out.

Mr. Arrowhead
08-21-2011, 01:41 PM

Nice Bailey was even in there up the middle

Dante84
08-21-2011, 01:42 PM
I'm pretty sure since the ball was thrown that neither of them got a sack on that one. ;)

heh... details - schmetails.

Hammock Parties
08-21-2011, 01:43 PM
Albert and Richardson are absolutely ruining this line. Neither one had a remotely good game.

I disagree, and I'm sure milkman does, too.

I saw Richardson get beat badly once, and I saw Albert take the wrong guy (he took the outside guy instead of the inside guy) on a blitz pickup, but other than that because most of the throws were so quick by design, it was hard to judge.

When Cassel released the ball he was doing so from clean pockets.

Even on that sack, that was on McCluster.

Dante84
08-21-2011, 01:45 PM
I disagree, and I'm sure milkman does, too.

I saw Richardson get beat badly once, and I saw Albert take the wrong guy (he took the outside guy instead of the inside guy) on a blitz pickup, but other than that because most of the throws were so quick by design, it was hard to judge.

When Cassel released the ball he was doing so from clean pockets.

Even on that sack, that was on McCluster.

Obviously, it was a fail of epic proportions on his part...

But it did seem like the defender shot through the line damned fast.

Hammock Parties
08-21-2011, 01:51 PM
He came from the outside.

I especially wouldn't judge an OL based on blitzing in preseason....it's just not fair.

http://i51.tinypic.com/2na2wit.jpg

Easy 6
08-21-2011, 01:55 PM
How many times a game do you think someone throws Haloti Ngata to the ground?

Ngata was off balance on one foot trying to turn back into the play, thats not taking away from Asa doing his job & taking advantage of that... but it still not 'destroyed'.

Hammock Parties
08-21-2011, 01:55 PM
Ngata was off balance on one foot trying to turn back into the play, thats not taking away from Asa doing his job & taking advantage of that... but it still not 'destroyed'.

Rich Baldinger > You

Mr. Arrowhead
08-21-2011, 01:56 PM

and Asa is the reason why he was off balanced

milkman
08-21-2011, 02:08 PM

At the end of the day, I don't care how Asamoah got the job done, the fact is, he did get the job done.

Ngata was a non factor throughout his time in the game.

Asamoah owned him from the opening kickoff.

Easy 6
08-21-2011, 02:23 PM
The tide is turning against me lol, in fairness i wasnt able to watch the game so i guess the proper thing to do is defer.

If he was manhandling Ngata from snap one, i'll happily shut my yap.

The Bad Guy
08-21-2011, 05:18 PM
Will Shields clone.

Can you please stop comparing current players to potentail Hall of Famers?

Jesus Christ. Every time there's a thread about a player, Boss Chief is there to compare them to someone who's the best to ever play their position.

The Bad Guy
08-21-2011, 05:19 PM
Justin Houston is going to be a monster for this defense. He's our most impressive player this preseason.

BigRock
08-21-2011, 05:34 PM
Justin Houston is going to be a monster for this defense. He's our most impressive player this preseason.

HE'S LIKE A YOUNG LAWRENCE TAYLOR!

BigRock
08-21-2011, 05:36 PM

It was Gammon.

There is an end zone shot of this play in the KC broadcast, BTW. It's niiiiiice.

Hammock Parties
08-21-2011, 05:36 PM
It was Gammon.

There is an end zone shot of this play in the KC broadcast, BTW. It's niiiiiice.

That really pisses me off that NFL Network gave us the shitty Ravens broadcast. :cuss:

Messier
08-21-2011, 05:44 PM
That really pisses me off that NFL Network gave us the shitty Ravens broadcast. :cuss:

The Chiefs broadcast won't win any awards. I guess, according to the Chiefs play-by-play guy, the Ravens QB is Joe Falco, and was called that maybe 6 times.

Hammock Parties
08-21-2011, 05:49 PM
Who does this remind you of?

http://i54.tinypic.com/bhixon.jpg

ThaVirus
08-21-2011, 06:12 PM
Looks like a DT swim move.

Shaid
08-21-2011, 06:13 PM

That gave me chills.

Hammock Parties
08-21-2011, 06:14 PM
Looks like a DT swim move.

Hali, fool.

*slap slap*

crispystl
08-21-2011, 06:15 PM
That gave me chills.

Man I can't wait to see what this kid can do this season.

Hoover
08-21-2011, 06:39 PM
The Chiefs are easy to root for. What a difference a couple years has made.

Asamoah looks like he's going to be a stud.

Houston looked like a man among boys out there. The last time I was a rookie pay like that his name was Jared Allen. They need to get Houston on the field IMO.

Then you add guys like Powe...

Crap, this defense is going to fin to watch.

Dante84
08-21-2011, 06:51 PM

Wonder why they had him rushing off Hali's side? Won't he pretty much ALWAYS be coming from the other end during the regular season?

Dante84
08-21-2011, 06:52 PM

sidenote: TJax got a nice push on that as well...

Hammock Parties
08-21-2011, 06:53 PM
Um, Hali's side is the other side.

Houston has been almost exclusively coming off the left edge.

-King-
08-21-2011, 06:57 PM
Tyson Jackson must be fed up with being called a bust

-King-
08-21-2011, 06:58 PM

No other OLB/DE in the league uses their hands better than Hali. Will be a very good example for houston.

the Talking Can
08-21-2011, 07:02 PM
Houston just needs to learn the 'Hali lean' to get tighter around the corner...

this is total homer shit, but in 2 years how big a difference will there be between Von Miller and Houston?...Miller has the speed, but can't match Houston's strength

for a 3rd.....

seamonster
08-21-2011, 07:04 PM
ok i'll play ... as a whole the Oline has been weak during Pioli's time.

Let's review:

Niswanger
McIntosh
Adrian Jones
Ryan O'callaghan
Herb Taylor
Mike Goff
Wade Smith
Allen Alleman
Ike Indukwe
Waters(aging)
Barry Richardson
Wiegmann (aging)
Albert (at left tackle)
Asomoah (not playing until this year)
Hudson
Ryan Lilja

our tackles (which is the main concern) are still Albert and Richardson ... both shaky.

patchwork bullshit for the most part ... hopefully we get lucky with Gaithers.

The best offensive lines are built around chemistry as much as high draft picks and free agents, so I wouldn't just drop names to judge an O-Line. Agree the chiefs could have addresed the offensive line in the draft better but the combination of veteran signings and calculated draft picks seemed to have dramatically improved the O-line compared to the year before, which was just an all around debacle.

Dante84
08-21-2011, 08:23 PM
Why the hell did I think Hali was always coming from the left?

things we'll never know.

Saul Good
08-21-2011, 08:25 PM

things we'll never know.

Before the JA trade, he did.

Shaid
08-21-2011, 08:27 PM

things we'll never know.

He does sometimes. They move him around.

Dante84
08-21-2011, 08:30 PM
Before the JA trade, he did.

Shit, maybe that's it. Still not an excuse, though. It's not like I haven't watched every single game since I was 5 years old.

Hammock Parties
08-21-2011, 08:30 PM
Outstanding work by Assman. If Moeaki holds his block it's a good run. Also nice work by Hudson.

http://i51.tinypic.com/2uiu0s5.jpg

Dante84
08-21-2011, 08:31 PM
I mean, I'd think it would be beneficial to have the superior rushing talent matched up against their weaker tackle, which 10 times out of 10 is the right side. Oh well.

Either way we will be clowning QB's all season.

Shaid
08-21-2011, 08:32 PM
Had to be done. Thank you gochiefs for pure epic Tamba Action.

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/PHYueNSSvFQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

milkman
08-21-2011, 08:34 PM
I mean, I'd think it would be beneficial to have the superior rushing talent matched up against their weaker tackle, which 10 times out of 10 is the right side. Oh well.

Either way we will be clowning QB's all season.

You bring the best rusher from the QB's blind side in hopes that not only does he see or feel the rush, but in doing so, you also force the fumble.

Saul Good
08-21-2011, 08:42 PM
You bring the best rusher from the QB's blind side in hopes that not only does he see or feel the rush, but in doing so, you also force the fumble.

Plus there's generally no TE in to block next to the LT.

milkman
08-21-2011, 08:45 PM

Teams put the TE in motion and have them chip the RDE or OLB a lot.

The Dolphins, in Jake Long's rookie season did it damn near every passing play whenever I watched their games.

Dante84
08-21-2011, 08:46 PM

Ah, makes complete sense.

I love me some sack-strips.

I think that is when I fell in love with the Chiefs; watching DT chop that axe down on the QB's throwing arm.

Which leads me to a quick hijack; can someone please explain the "falcon" position we created for DT? And does it make sense in our current Defense, or was it based on a 4-3 alignment?

BossChief
08-21-2011, 08:51 PM

Jesus Christ. Every time there's a thread about a player, Boss Chief is there to compare them to someone who's the best to ever play their position.

What other player comparisons have I made to HOFers?

Suh to Reggie White?

This is probably the 5th time I made the Shields comparison and you jumped my shit the last time I did it, too.

I dont really care what people think about my posts here. Most of them are totally against the grain and I have no problem taking heat when they turn out wayyy off base. Like when, hold on...

milkman
08-21-2011, 08:56 PM
Ah, makes complete sense.

I love me some sack-strips.

I think that is when I fell in love with the Chiefs; watching DT chop that axe down on the QB's throwing arm.

Which leads me to a quick hijack; can someone please explain the "falcon" position we created for DT? And does it make sense in our current Defense, or was it based on a 4-3 alignment?

Living here in California, and not having access to information like we do now, I never got explanation of the Falcon.

What it seemed to entail was the idea that moving DT around would create mismatches, and it did, but the mismatches were against DT.

Gunther Cunningham did more to effectively limit DT than any OC in the league.

Hammock Parties
08-21-2011, 09:12 PM
Stanzi Lovers: CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU DIG IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT!

http://i54.tinypic.com/33m1ouv.jpg

BossChief
08-21-2011, 09:14 PM
Laser beam.

Strongest and most accurate arm on the team.

booger
08-21-2011, 09:16 PM
Living here in California, and not having access to information like we do now, I never got explanation of the Falcon.

What it seemed to entail was the idea that moving DT around would create mismatches, and it did, but the mismatches were against DT.

Gunther Cunningham did more to effectively limit DT than any OC in the league.

The Falcon to me wasn't all that different than the 4-3 under defenses that George Seifert ran and featured Charles Haley as the guy to build it around because of his special abilities. Gunther did it mostly as a Nickel D that was the base D. Not nickel as in having a 5th DB in on the base but with a 3 man front plus DT 90% of the time rushing. Weak up the middle though at times, with Saleamua and Joe Phillups on the end of their careers and 2 small LB's in Donnie Edwards and Anthony Davis, both wlb types. SLB was good with Wayne Simmons whose best quality was mauling TE's and not letting them off the line. He wasn't a big time playmaker but he did his job over the TE. Later Terry Wooden did pretty well too.

But yeah you are right it was pretty damn hyped and the original talk about it was moving DT around any he could come from anywhere. More than anything that helped was the CB's. Hasty and Carter, along with Mark McMillian allowed him to blitz agressively even while starting two rookie safties in woods and tongue.

It was the same D as SF and later Dallas with Butch Davis in the Jimmy J years. Just a bunch of hype and self promoting from Gunther to get everyone excited and then let you down.

booger
08-21-2011, 09:20 PM
Stanzi Lovers: CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU DIG IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT!

Tucker is looking pretty good when he catches it. Hoping he keeps up with the good special teams play. Developing well for a second year UDFA as a WR.

DBOSHO
08-21-2011, 09:39 PM
I nutted when stanzi threw that pass.

That had more heat on it than any cassel pass I can remember, and he doesnt have to throw his whole body into it. Effortless arm strength.

Hammock Parties
08-21-2011, 09:43 PM
Big Dick Flick Wrist Rick

Nightfyre
08-21-2011, 10:45 PM

Nice toss, but it appears he pretty much stared him down the whole route.

kysirsoze
08-21-2011, 10:52 PM
Nice toss, but it appears he pretty much stared him down the whole route.

...Except for the part where he looks to the receiver in the flats which helps split the coverage. Other than that, I totally agree with you.

Hammock Parties
08-21-2011, 11:12 PM
Last one for tonight. This throw is even more impressive, IMO.

http://i51.tinypic.com/2wr0l0o.jpg

NJChiefsFan
08-21-2011, 11:14 PM
Tucker is looking pretty good when he catches it. Hoping he keeps up with the good special teams play. Developing well for a second year UDFA as a WR.

Tucker sure as hell seems to want to make the team bad, because every time he makes a play he goes nuts. I like Tucker and Copper, just a matter of fitting in. Can't say special teams doesn't count anymore, but it may not have the weight it used to in a coach's mind. Who knows though, this offseason, along with the kickoff rules, is no mans land.

As for the pass, its nice to see a Chiefs QB make a 20 yard plus throw without giving it everything he has. Cassel can get steam on the ball, but he has to give it the old Hideo Nomo wind up first. Time will tell if Stanzi can read an NFL defense at a high level, aside from that I like what I see.

BossChief
08-21-2011, 11:16 PM
Id also like to add that while Stanzi had a strong arm at Iowa, it seems to be visibly stronger thus far for KC.

Do doubt, some minor tweaking by Zorn is likely to be a reason for such.

The Bad Guy
08-21-2011, 11:16 PM
What other player comparisons have I made to HOFers?

Suh to Reggie White?

This is probably the 5th time I made the Shields comparison and you jumped my shit the last time I did it, too.

I dont really care what people think about my posts here. Most of them are totally against the grain and I have no problem taking heat when they turn out wayyy off base. Like when, hold on...

And it's fucking baseless. Just like the Suh and Reggie White one too.

BossChief
08-21-2011, 11:28 PM

Still waiting for you to show even one other example of this...otherwise its the only baseless comment in this interaction.

The SUh comparison looks spot on at this point and I made the comparison over a year and a half ago.
And it's fucking baseless. Just like the Suh and Reggie White one too.

I'm not gonna dirty up GCs thread with petty shit and I couldn't care less if you agree with any of my takes.

Since the first time I used the White comparison, numerous media members have made the same comparison....not sure if mine was the first or not. That one has definitely turned out to have a strong base.

Dante84
08-21-2011, 11:35 PM
http://i51.tinypic.com/2wr0l0o.jpg

Tommy B? That you?

Hammock Parties
08-21-2011, 11:37 PM
In defense of BossChief, he loves him some Moeaki, and I've never heard him compare him to any all time great.

BossChief
08-21-2011, 11:40 PM
I always said Moeaki was gonna be a Visante Shiancoe that could be an elite blocker.

I think that has more than held up.

I don't think Ive made any comparisons for Stanzi.

booger
08-21-2011, 11:43 PM
Tucker sure as hell seems to want to make the team bad, because every time he makes a play he goes nuts. I like Tucker and Copper, just a matter of fitting in. Can't say special teams doesn't count anymore, but it may not have the weight it used to in a coach's mind. Who knows though, this offseason, along with the kickoff rules, is no mans land.

As for the pass, its nice to see a Chiefs QB make a 20 yard plus throw without giving it everything he has. Cassel can get steam on the ball, but he has to give it the old Hideo Nomo wind up first. Time will tell if Stanzi can read an NFL defense at a high level, aside from that I like what I see.

I could see if he maybe feels like the forgotten man of the WR core with the new additions, the return of Urban. I was excited how he made the most of it and got up field after each catch.

Last year he stepped up first for Jeremy Horne who had some people excited, me included and became a very productive special teamer. Later on as a wr he showed some skill as well even starting opposite bowe for a few games. Eventually he probably makes Copper expendable. Probably not this year, likely next. Going to come down to Urban or Colbert if they keep 6.

Where i could see special teams effecting most is coverage guys like Langford who doesn't bring much upside as a complete safety. Don Washington is a bit different because of his skills as a gunner on punt. Dissapointing as a S he has been but could fill a nickel LB type roll that McGraw plays. The backup safety play has me worried if we will have any quality depth.

Also effected on the coverage teams could be the ILB spot. The last 2 years to start the season the 53 man roster has included 10 LB's each year. Greenwood looks to be the stalwart of the group and they like him as a coverage backer on passing downs. At the mike LB Siler probably makes it because of special teams and he is the only ILB that can play both ILB spots.

That leaves Cole, Micah johnson, and Demo Williams looking for a 5th spot at ILB. That's if they keep 5 like they have.

I think they realize too that later on when weather is bad they will like to have those extra backers when the kicks will be returned more often. It wouldn't suprise me if they went light to start the season and kept a guy like Amara Kamara on the PS with the thought of having a guy in house to promote later.

Agreed on Stanzi with his natural ability and arm strength that isn't something KC fans have seen from a rookie qb in awhile. Croyle yes but his touch on dump offs is horrible. Plus his unlucky health. He works with Tom Brady's personal QB guru and that's a plus not just because of the learning but he is very aware of the importance of mechanics and this shows he will do what it takes. Gonna have to have patience but he sure is someone to be excited about.

Hammock Parties
08-21-2011, 11:46 PM
Sure is nice to have the Planet back in full football talk swing.

This shit is like crack.

booger
08-21-2011, 11:53 PM
Sure is nice to have the Planet back in full football talk swing.

This shit is like crack.

That final 53 is harder to try and predict this year. In some position groups there is gonna be some decent players cut. Not above average types but guys who can contribute. Not many more but more nonetheless than years past. Also guys like McGraw and Williams could probably be replaced and the biggest thing lost is leadership more than their play. I don't mind that as much on D because we have plenty of high picks that have been in KC from their starts and they need to step up in those roles. Romeo and Emmitt Thomas really help out with those groups too.

08-22-2011, 12:04 AM
Damnit. Stop using the link site you use. I can't view it at work.

Hammock Parties
08-22-2011, 12:16 AM
Can you see this?

http://uranus.ckt.net/~gochiefs/DJ3.gif

08-22-2011, 03:25 AM
Can you see this?

http://uranus.ckt.net/~gochiefs/DJ3.gif

yes

Direckshun
08-22-2011, 03:57 AM
You GOTTA gif up DJ's rodeo sack from that game.

Perhaps the best sack I have EVER seen.

Hammock Parties
08-23-2011, 12:26 PM
*WHOOSH*

http://uranus.ckt.net/~gochiefs/hou3.gif

Saul Good
08-23-2011, 12:55 PM
Anyone have Houston's preseason stats?

aturnis
08-23-2011, 02:24 PM
Anyone have Houston's preseason stats?

Tied for NFL lead with 2 sacks.

Sofa King
08-23-2011, 02:25 PM

According to knowmo, that would be an no doubt 100% NFL HOFer start.

ModSocks
08-23-2011, 02:25 PM

Pro Bowl. Print 'em!

Ace Gunner
08-23-2011, 02:43 PM
if he played the whole game he'd have 8, which would make him better than DT already. Isn't math fun.

SuperChief
08-23-2011, 02:45 PM
Pro Bowl. Print 'em!

To the 'ship!!1!

Fansy the Famous Bard
08-23-2011, 04:02 PM
Denver still has 15 "Best of's" and 8 future HOFer's on their roster and staff. Incredibly up 2 from last years count.

"Best of" list courtesy of Knowmo.

Dante84
08-23-2011, 05:52 PM
Man, if Houston finds a way to run with that lean, and stay low off the line, he may get even more sacks.

Scary.

Hammock Parties
08-23-2011, 07:14 PM
Here's one of the almost-sacks Houston had. The burst he has to close the gap here is absolutely unreal.

http://i53.tinypic.com/23uzzhh.jpg

Saul Good
08-23-2011, 07:19 PM
Here's one of the almost-sacks Houston had. The burst he has to close the gap here is absolutely unreal.

He just devoured the space. That's better closing speed than Tamba.

Direckshun
08-24-2011, 12:55 AM
Much better.

It should be noted that Tyrod Taylor is scary fast, too.

And Houston gets to him. Twice.

Love. It.

-King-
08-24-2011, 01:05 AM

Whoa. I've never seen anyone go into another gear like that.

Saul Good
08-24-2011, 07:42 AM
Houston' going to make 9 figures playing football. That busrt was special.

Three7s
08-24-2011, 07:46 AM
Isnt that the play where the annoucers were criticizing Houston for not making the play, since Taylor scored the TD there?

Fish
08-24-2011, 08:10 AM

I watched that a few times thinking you sped up the tape. That's incredible.

Hammock Parties
08-24-2011, 09:38 AM
Isnt that the play where the annoucers were criticizing Houston for not making the play, since Taylor scored the TD there?

Yes, Taylor ran 90 yards for a TD

Saul Good
08-24-2011, 09:52 AM

Then he lined up at left guard for the Chiefs and pancaked Ray Lewis. It was quite a game.

buddha
08-24-2011, 09:57 AM
Only on the Planet do people get excited about an offensive lineman "turning" an opponent on a rushing play that gained three yards. Nobody got destroyed on that play.

Saul Good
08-24-2011, 10:08 AM
When you put the best DT in the game on his ass, that's a big deal. I don't care if you pancaked him or you pulled a chair out from under him while he was about to sit down.

OctoberFart
08-24-2011, 11:33 AM
Per the report:

I believe this is the play in question. Asamoah throws Ngata to the ground.

http://i54.tinypic.com/2v9p1n8.jpg

If #61 didn't blow his block Jones is off and running.

I looked at some other plays and Asamoah did a damn fine job. Ngata was not getting much penetration at all on running plays.

Wow never seen so much excitment over a 1 yard gain at mid field. Lets be honest that is far from a pancake sack and driving Ngata 5 yards downfield.

Three7s
08-24-2011, 11:36 AM
I'm not criticizing you hyping up Houston. I think he's had a great preseason and he showed some of his talent on that play, despite missing Taylor, which he then ran in for the TD. What I meant was how the announcers from both broadcasts were overly critical of Houston, imo.

Pasta Little Brioni
08-24-2011, 11:38 AM
Autumn Fart...Ngata would have ripped through that Faider line and devoured McFadden.

Saul Good
08-24-2011, 12:26 PM
I'm not criticizing you hyping up Houston. I think he's had a great preseason and he showed some of his talent on that play, despite missing Taylor, which he then ran in for the TD. What I meant was how the announcers from both broadcasts were overly critical of Houston, imo.

After he broke off a 90 yard TD run, Taylor did the robot for 4 straight hours in the endzone. It drew a 15 yard penalty for excessive celebration and the game lasted until 3:00 in the morning as a result of the delay.

Chief Faithful
08-24-2011, 12:41 PM
I have been excited about Asamoah since the first preseason game last year. He brings an attitude that has been missing from the Chiefs OL for a long time. All I can hope is that attitude is contagious.

Gravedigger
08-24-2011, 01:30 PM
http://i52.tinypic.com/rr5pmu.jpg

:clap:ROFL

Hammock Parties
08-24-2011, 01:35 PM

He didn't run for a TD on that play. The ball was snapped from his own 20.

Hammock Parties
08-24-2011, 01:35 PM
Only on the Planet do people get excited about an offensive lineman "turning" an opponent on a rushing play that gained three yards. Nobody got destroyed on that play.

If Gammon was excited about it, that's good enough for me.

Not many linemen throw Ngata to the ground like that.

Three7s
08-24-2011, 02:06 PM
He didn't run for a TD on that play. The ball was snapped from his own 20.
Oh, well I'm sure you know the play I was talking about. Taylor was doing the boot and Houston was on him, but somehow missed and scored a TD.

Pasta Little Brioni
08-24-2011, 02:14 PM
After he broke off a 90 yard TD run, Taylor did the robot for 4 straight hours in the endzone. It drew a 15 yard penalty for excessive celebration and the game lasted until 3:00 in the morning as a result of the delay.

I was most impressed by Asomougha's play at Left Tackle on the play.

Hammock Parties
08-24-2011, 09:18 PM
Straight beastin'

http://i51.tinypic.com/28i2b7l.jpg

BossChief
08-24-2011, 09:19 PM
RED TEAM GO, RED TEAM GO!!!!

booger
08-24-2011, 09:23 PM
Just think of the jump Houston could make after working with Joe Kim, Pleasant, and Romeo on his hand use. The sky is the limit.

kysirsoze
08-24-2011, 09:27 PM
Just think of the jump Houston could make after working with Joe Kim, Pleasant, and Romeo on his hand use. The sky is the limit.

I'm not doing it pre-season like I did with Berry, but I could see myself getting a Houston jersey at some point this season. I'm pretty excited about this guy.

Urc Burry
08-24-2011, 09:28 PM
I love even a chip on Ngata haha, even on Jamaal's td run in the playoffs Water's got destroyed on it

4th and Long
08-24-2011, 09:29 PM
Straight beastin'

http://i51.tinypic.com/28i2b7l.jpg
QB looked to be going through his progression of receivers before having to eat the ball. I'm thinking coverage also had something to do with that sack.

booger
08-24-2011, 09:31 PM
I'm not doing it pre-season like I did with Berry, but I could see myself getting a Houston jersey at some point this season. I'm pretty excited about this guy.

there's plenty to be excited about for sure! As far as the failed drug test at the combine i hope the combination of Haley/Crennell , his teamates and the player development staff keep him on the straight and narrow. They've done a good job with guys like Bowe and DJ and that's just the public ones we know of. I think more than anything else is the number of talented young players on the team and wanting to be part of something special is what will help the most. I hope anyway.

kysirsoze
08-24-2011, 09:33 PM
QB looked to be going through his progression of receivers before having to eat the ball. I'm thinking coverage also had something to do with that sack.

Well, it usually does. Houston still got back there pretty quickly.

booger
08-24-2011, 09:35 PM
probably unfair to say but Houston plays a little bit like Lamarr Woodley

Hammock Parties
sack #2, goes through the HB like he is air

http://uranus.ckt.net/~gochiefs/Houston - sack 3.gif

kysirsoze
there's plenty to be excited about for sure! As far as the failed drug test at the combine i hope the combination of Haley/Crennell , his teamates and the player development staff keep him on the straight and narrow. They've done a good job with guys like Bowe and DJ and that's just the public ones we know of. I think more than anything else is the number of talented young players on the team and wanting to be part of something special is what will help the most. I hope anyway.

Yeah. Smoking a little weed isn't the end of the world to me. Doing before the combine is dumb/immature, but even that isn't the red flag many think it is, IMO. In fact, his weed smoking could be the best thing that could have happened since it allowed us to get him in the third. If he can get/keep his head on straight, we practically got two 1st rounders for the price of a 1st and 3rd.

Hammock Parties
08-24-2011, 09:36 PM

The guy assigned to block him got owned hard.

booger
08-24-2011, 09:37 PM
Yeah. Smoking a little weed isn't the end of the world to me. Doing before the combine is dumb/immature, but even that isn't the red flag many think it is, IMO. In fact, his weed smoking could be the best thing that could have happened since it allowed us to get him in the third. If he can get/keep his head on straight, we practically got two 1st rounders for the price of a 1st and 3rd.

Yep, him stanzi an powe dropping to where they did seems to be quite the cherries on top for sure.

Direckshun
08-24-2011, 09:53 PM
Great job not only by Houston on those two sacks, but Dion Gales ate up the RT both times, forcing the back to man Houston instead of the tackle. In addition to coverage that had to be decent at the very least.

Just for what it's worth. Sacks are a lot like launching a rocket into space, you've got to have a good crew for the astronaut to do anything well.

Houston beat up the tackles he faced against the Bucs and the Ravens so I'm not even trying to temper expectations. But we usually beat up on Gales pretty bad around here, so credit where it's worth.

Direckshun
08-24-2011, 09:54 PM

Amazing, isn't it?

Prior to the weed, I was advocating hard for him at #21.

And we take him in the third. Holy hell.

Dante84
08-24-2011, 09:58 PM

Dude.... There is no way that isn't sped up...

If you are serious, and that is all the same speed....

Then we have a hall of famer in Houston. I've never seen anything like that.

Not just in football, but nature. Never.

milkman
08-24-2011, 10:02 PM
Great job not only by Houston on those two sacks, but Dion Gales ate up the RT both times, forcing the back to man Houston instead of the tackle. In addition to coverage that had to be decent at the very least.

Just for what it's worth. Sacks are a lot like launching a rocket into space, you've got to have a good crew for the astronaut to do anything well.

Houston beat up the tackles he faced against the Bucs and the Ravens so I'm not even trying to temper expectations. But we usually beat up on Gales pretty bad around here, so credit where it's worth.

Credit on that second sack goes to Powe, who was doubled down, while Gales was owned by the RT.

The play was designed for the RT to take on Gales.

Direckshun
08-24-2011, 10:07 PM
It's exciting to get back to the days when the Chiefs have two threats off the edge.

Credit where it's due, Pioli is putting far more work into the OLB from the day he got here than he did those last few years with Belichek in New England.

Vrabel
Studebaker
Sheffield
Houston
Miller

Plus he locked up Hali.

Guy has done a good job so far in plugging away, seeing what sticks.

I think we have two hellraisers in Hali and Houston, and some great backup talent in Studebaker and Sheffield.

Hammock Parties
08-24-2011, 10:08 PM
Dude.... There is no way that isn't sped up...

If you are serious, and that is all the same speed....

Then we have a hall of famer in Houston. I've never seen anything like that.

Not just in football, but nature. Never.

It is not sped up.

I did delete half the frames but that is over the course of the whole play.

Direckshun
08-24-2011, 10:09 PM
Credit on that second sack goes to Powe, who was doubled down, while Gales was owned by the RT.

The play was designed for the RT to take on Gales.

Powe gets some push on that double-team, too.

Not only did he command the double-team, he's the reason Taylor can't step into the pocket.

Hell they might as well give him .5 a sack for that play.

Dante84
08-24-2011, 10:11 PM
It is not sped up.

I did delete half the frames but that is over the course of the whole play.

so that gif is one constant speed?

Holeeee shit.

Houston is.. maybe more naturally talented than Tamba.

Not smarter, not as skilled, definitely raw... but good God.

Direckshun
08-24-2011, 10:14 PM

Holeeee shit.

I would say Houston is the better athlete and is more naturally talented, yes.

I watched a lot of Houston with Georgia, however, and he didn't really have an arsenal of moves to get to the QB. He was all speed around the edge, which as we can all see, he possesses that in spades.

Hali isn't the lightning bolt that Houston is, but he's become a master of technique and possesses an unstoppable motor.

I'd say Hali's set to be about as good as he's going to be -- which is pretty fucking good.

As for Houston? Give him some time to settle in with the scheme, get some more passrushing moves, and of course get stronger, and sky's the limit. Sky really is the limit.

I would have taken him at #21.

Dante84
08-24-2011, 10:15 PM

Again... there is no starting QB who can evade that pursuit OTHER than Vick. Rodgers may be able to make a move...

But if that was Flacco... Rivers... Manning... Brady... Rothlesburger... Cutler...

That's a sack if they still have the ball.

Urc Burry
08-24-2011, 10:15 PM
Amazing, isn't it?

Prior to the weed, I was advocating hard for him at #21.

And we take him in the third. Holy hell.

I don't think anyone here would of complained had we gone
1. Houston
2. Hudson
3. Powe
4. Stanzi

We raped the draft

Hammock Parties
08-24-2011, 10:19 PM
I love the analysis of the gifs, guys.

Look what Hali does to Oher:

http://uranus.ckt.net/~gochiefs/halipwn.gif

Hammock Parties
08-24-2011, 10:20 PM

Again... there is no starting QB who can evade that pursuit OTHER than Vick. Rodgers may be able to make a move...

But if that was Flacco... Rivers... Manning... Brady... Rothlesburger... Cutler...

That's a sack if they still have the ball.

It's not just the speed, it's also the acceleration.

0-60 in 3.2 seconds.

BossChief
08-24-2011, 10:23 PM
Haley probably told him that if he got 10 sacks he would smoke one with him.

Dante84
08-24-2011, 10:24 PM
It's not just the speed, it's also the acceleration.

0-60 in 3.2 seconds.

Exactly... There is NO time to adjust when the burst comes, even if they see him coming. I don't mean adjust like, get out of the way... I mean, they won't be able to throw the ball away to avoid the sack. They may not even have time to tuck the ball.

If he can learn the chop move that Hali uses, and DT mastered, he will catch QB's with their arm up way more than anyone else will.

Hammock Parties
08-24-2011, 10:25 PM
I mean, they won't be able to throw the ball away to avoid the sack. They may not even have time to tuck the ball.

If they try to, fumble.

FYI, the Bills have a terrible pass blocking line and are already shuffling it.

Week 1 could be a sackfest.

Dante84
08-24-2011, 10:26 PM
... thus, creating more fumbles.

Realized I never finished that thought.

BossChief
08-24-2011, 10:26 PM

I heard a lions growl when Hali threw him to the ground.

royr17
08-24-2011, 10:28 PM

Holeeee shit.

Tamba will never have the speed that Houston has, I mean good god, the man ran a 4.6. Tamba ran a 4.75, not to mention has had problems with his feet too since then.

Dante84
08-24-2011, 10:31 PM
Tamba will never have the speed that Houston has, I mean good god, the man ran a 4.6. Tamba ran a 4.75, not to mention has had problems with his feet too since then.

Easy, guy.

That's my son you're talking to me about.

Direckshun
08-24-2011, 10:33 PM
I don't think anyone here would of complained had we gone
1. Houston
2. Hudson
3. Powe
4. Stanzi

We raped the draft

Amen brother.

Direckshun
08-24-2011, 10:38 PM

Have some more rep for the gifs. Thanks for sharing.

I swear to god, watching Hali work against OTs when he's "on" is like watching a symphony play.

Jukes a bit to hesitate Oher, then bursts to one side. Oher reads it and shuffles with him, so Hali lays into him a bit to try to push through him or set him offbalance.

It works, Oher has to almost do a crow's hop to reset his base, and Hali slams him down once he's offbalance.

Then, he hunts. :D muahhahahaha

Hammock Parties
08-24-2011, 10:47 PM
Then, he feeds. :D muahhahahaha

http://www.visualphotos.com/photo/2x3278082/africa_male_lion_feeding_on_carcass_293jla00176.jpg

Dante84
08-24-2011, 10:49 PM
http://www.visualphotos.com/photo/2x3278082/africa_male_lion_feeding_on_carcass_293jla00176.jpg

Thats a weird looking Lion.

Look at its belly skin. Is he bald? Looks like a house elf from Harry Potter.

4th and Long
08-24-2011, 11:55 PM

This is what happens when you try and pass block using the "leave your feet" technique.

4th and Long
08-24-2011, 11:58 PM
sack #2, goes through the HB like he is air

http://uranus.ckt.net/~gochiefs/Houston - sack 3.gif
And this is what happens when you pass block using the "leap frog" technique.

DJ's left nut
08-25-2011, 12:18 AM
This defense makes me rock hard.

If Belcher takes a step forward and Lewis can consistently maintain his 'good' moments - we have the makings of a top 5 unit.

There is some absolutely absurd amount of talent on the defensive side of the ball.

I'm really looking forward to that 2014 Super Bowl run with Dick Stanzi running the show.

Three7s
08-25-2011, 11:07 AM
This is what happens when you try and pass block using the "leave your feet" technique.
Exactly what I thought. Terrible technique by Oher.

the Talking Can
08-25-2011, 11:34 AM

look at Hali's hands

hard to see, but he keeps Oher off him, and it looks like he is setting up for a chop when the .gif starts..and then boom drops him using his hands

Hali is a master technician in close...when Houston starts learning that kind of stuff, yeah....

Houston = steal of draft

rocknrolla
08-25-2011, 11:38 AM
look at Hali's hands

hard to see, but he keeps Oher off him, and it looks like he is setting up for a chop when the .gif starts..and then boom drops him using his hands

Hali is a master technician in close...when Houston starts learning that kind of stuff, yeah....

Houston = steal of draft

I agree 1000%. With his speed, he will be a monster.

salame
08-25-2011, 11:51 AM
Houston is super fast

Easy 6
08-25-2011, 04:25 PM
I'm reeeally starting to rue missing the ravens game, apparently our guys were blowing up all over the place, despite the final score.

God, its going to be a really fun season.

Hammock Parties
08-25-2011, 04:28 PM
I'm reeeally starting to rue missing the ravens game, apparently our guys were blowing up all over the place, despite the final score.

Go download the torrent

ModSocks
08-25-2011, 04:29 PM

The Chiefs were kicking ass into the 4th 1/4. Then it got pretty ugly.

keg in kc
08-25-2011, 04:34 PM

God, its going to be a really fun season.Yeah, as bad as the final score looks, KC won the parts of the game that matter. i.e. involved the starters and backups that will actually be on the roster. It was the 3rd and 4th stringers very late that managed to turn it from a victory to a rout on the scoreboard in about 5 minutes time.

The funniest part was, about midway through the 4th quarter, I'm walking home from the store, listening to the broadcast, with the Chiefs up 13-10 (I think) and Mitch starts talking about how they haven't won a road preseason game since 2003. And the rest was history. LMAO

Hammock Parties
08-25-2011, 04:50 PM
The only Siler appearance for this year. :(

http://uranus.ckt.net/~gochiefs/Siler - big hit.gif

Hammock Parties
08-25-2011, 05:04 PM
Nice rush by Sheffield

http://uranus.ckt.net/~gochiefs/sheffield.gif

Hammock Parties
08-25-2011, 05:10 PM
Check out Tyson Jackson owning his man and making the tackle.

http://uranus.ckt.net/~gochiefs/jackson.gif

Hammock Parties
08-25-2011, 05:15 PM
These look like pass interference to me, ESPECIALLY the second one.

http://uranus.ckt.net/~gochiefs/passint.gif

http://uranus.ckt.net/~gochiefs/passint2.gif

keg in kc
08-25-2011, 05:16 PM
Sheffield and Houston coming off the end opposite each other was something to see. It made me imagine some bizarre pass rushing 3-4 concoction with, say, Dorsey, Bailey and Gilberry on the line, Hali, Houston, DJ and Sheffield at LB (shifting all over...) and the secondary from the base defense.

Probably wouldn't work, but it's fun to try and figure out how to get all these guys on the field. And that's taking a starting ILB and current starting OLB out to do it. When was the last time we had anything like that at the linebacker position?

Hammock Parties
08-25-2011, 05:24 PM
AW HELL NAW

http://uranus.ckt.net/~gochiefs/powe.gif

Dante84
08-25-2011, 05:31 PM
AW HELL NAW

Powe!!

Dante84
08-25-2011, 05:32 PM
POW!!!

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/pPrCXVLD8Mk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hammock Parties
08-25-2011, 05:34 PM
Sweet catch, Browe.

http://uranus.ckt.net/~gochiefs/bowe.gif

crispystl
08-25-2011, 05:52 PM
Sweet catch, Browe.

http://uranus.ckt.net/~gochiefs/bowe.gif

Holy Shit!

Hammock Parties
08-25-2011, 05:54 PM
That looks like a third uncalled pass interference to me, BTW

BossChief
08-25-2011, 07:49 PM
The defender has Bowes right arm locked up the whole time.

Bowes concentration seems off the charts so far.

Ugly Duck
08-25-2011, 07:54 PM
McFadden destroys Ngata

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/saIzhSdVtS4?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/saIzhSdVtS4?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

Hammock Parties
08-25-2011, 08:00 PM
DON'T YOU DARE post in these threads you bastard.

trndobrd
08-25-2011, 08:16 PM
AW HELL NAW

I thought this was the play of the game.

The offensive line made good contact and did a decent sell. That our rookie NT could sniff this out is really exciting. Stopping from a full run, catch the runner and make a good fundamental tackle was incredible.

Ricky Williams attempt to stiff arm Powe was just precious.

Direckshun
08-25-2011, 08:25 PM
McFadden destroys Ngata

Love McFadden's reaction.

"Holy god, what was I thinking."

Marcellus
08-25-2011, 08:48 PM
AW HELL NAW

http://uranus.ckt.net/%7Egochiefs/powe.gif

When was the last time you saw a KC Defender just blow up a screen or a bootleg?

Ugly Duck
08-25-2011, 08:54 PM
DON'T YOU DARE post in these threads you bastard.

Oh... sorry. I thought this was the "Destroy Ngata" thread. I shall sheepishly away myself....

ReynardMuldrake
08-25-2011, 09:00 PM
The only Siler appearance for this year. :(

http://uranus.ckt.net/~gochiefs/Siler - big hit.gif

THAT'S MAH BOY!!

Hammock Parties
08-25-2011, 09:01 PM
Cassel's going back to the Pro Bowl, fuck it!

http://uranus.ckt.net/~gochiefs/Animation1.gif

Hammock Parties
08-25-2011, 09:05 PM
HELL YEAH

http://uranus.ckt.net/~gochiefs/casselkid.gif

DBOSHO
08-25-2011, 09:09 PM
I remember that dancing kid. They put him up on the screen a few times. He was breaking it down.

rocknrolla
08-25-2011, 10:08 PM
AW HELL NAW

I love that fat f***!:clap:

Easy 6
08-26-2011, 04:34 PM
Is it too early to predict stardom for Powe? my Lord, he's been amazingly aware & quick so far, averaging atleast two highlight reel plays per game.

Big John Henry is driving steel in KC.

Shaid
08-27-2011, 03:54 PM
Is it too early to predict stardom for Powe? my Lord, he's been amazingly aware & quick so far, averaging atleast two highlight reel plays per game.

Big John Henry is driving steel in KC.

I guarantee Powe breaks someone's ankle on a tackle at some point. He can get up to speed and when that much weight crashes down on you with speed at an odd angle..... :evil: