PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs keep DMC at RB, Haley wants 8-10 touches

Pages : [1] 2

Mr. Laz
08-22-2011, 11:47 AM
Chiefs to keep McCluster at running back

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on August 22, 2011, 1:36 PM EDT
http://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/610x4.jpg?w=250 Reuters

The experiment of using Dexter McCluster (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5780/dexter-mccluster) primarily as a slot receiver seems over, at least for this season.

The Chiefs have used McCluster almost exclusively at running back throughout training camp, where he’s used in special packages behind Jamaal Charles (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4617/jamaal-charles) and Thomas Jones (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/2408/thomas-jones).

For whatever reason, the team still lists McCluster at receiver on their official depth chart. But the 170-pounder just didn’t seem to pick up the position naturally and the Chiefs want to play to his strengths (http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/article-2/McCluster-Finds-A-Home-In-Backfield/61ea21e0-4859-40a3-b06a-525e17c39009).

“There is a clear-cut vision for him right now,” Chiefs coach Todd Haley said, via KCChiefs.com.

The Chiefs used McCluster as a third down back the other night, a role in which he was very effective. Don’t be surprised to see him get a reasonable amount of playing time with the first unit, perhaps at the expense of Thomas Jones.

“The other night, that excited me,” Haley said. “Seven touches, to me it’s four or five runs and four or five catches and however many snaps that takes that doesn’t matter to me nearly as much as this guy clearly in space is a hazard to the defense.”

The Chiefs’ wide receivers don’t scare anyone as a group. They need to get the ball in the hands of Jamaal Charles, tight end Tony Moeaki (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5841/tony-moeaki), and McCluster in order to threaten defenses.

Mr. Laz
08-22-2011, 11:50 AM
How is DMC going to be a 3rd back if he struggles picking up the blitz?

ModSocks
08-22-2011, 11:51 AM
Giving McCluster some of Jones' snaps?

Sure, sounds f'n good to me.

Pasta Little Brioni
08-22-2011, 11:53 AM
64 catches for 480 yards
64 rushes for 288 yards

Sounds like that's about what Haley envisions.

SuperChief
Those that don't see this as a positive (McC taking carries away from Jones) are full retard.

Hammock Parties
to me it’s four or five runs and four or five catches

I'll eat a cockroach if McCluster catches 64 balls...

SuperChief
08-22-2011, 11:54 AM
I'll eat a cockroach if McCluster catches 64 balls...

What's it like to hate the Chiefs so much? Really, though.

L.A. Chieffan
08-22-2011, 11:54 AM
cassel is gonna sacked maybe 8-10 times a game

TrickyNicky
08-22-2011, 11:55 AM
As long as hes not asked to pass block. He was getting killed trying to block the ravens LB'ers.

Mr. Laz
08-22-2011, 11:56 AM
Giving McCluster some of Jones' snaps?

Sure, sounds f'n good to me.
How does 3rd down back mean taking carry from Jones? 3rd down is Charles stuff.

DMC is sharing touches with Charles

McClain is going to be the guy taking some carries from Jones

Hammock Parties
08-22-2011, 11:57 AM

Charles needs 50 catches, Bowe needs 80, Moeaki needs 50 (and ideally, if we threw it more, it'd be 50/100/70)

That's 180 completions, Cassel completed 262 last year.

You're telling me McCluster's gonna get 64 of the remaining 82 receptions between Breaston, Baldwin and whatever scraps the other guys get?

I guess we could throw the ball more....whatever. If McCluster is taking away catches from better players, fuck me....

ChiefsCountry
08-22-2011, 11:58 AM
We got our Kevin Faulk.

Hammock Parties
08-22-2011, 11:59 AM
We got our Kevin Faulk.

Here we go again.

If the Pats had a Jamaal Charles, Kevin Faulk's role is drastically reduced.

Mr. Laz
08-22-2011, 12:01 PM
We got our Kevin Faulk.
No, we don't.

Faulk could pass block
Faulk could stay healthy
Faulk could lower a should and not get that shoulder broken into 100 pieces

come to think of it, Faulk was probably a better returner too.

DMC has a long way to go before he's at the level of Kevin Faulk

Reerun_KC
08-22-2011, 12:02 PM
LAZ you are absolutley destroying the english language today...

Hootie
08-22-2011, 12:02 PM
I like to envision DMC as a Charles light...

I also like the fact that if something happened to Charles...DMC could fill that role (albeit more of a 2010 carry share than 2011)...

like 35% DMC, 45% TJ and 20% McClain...

I just like the idea that we have another playmaker who can play RB out of the backfield...a good hedge for Charles...

Even in the few carries DMC had last year (I remember Jacksonville) if he gets past the LOS he can be quite the playmaker.

the Talking Can
08-22-2011, 12:05 PM
We got our Kevin Faulk.

and Wes Welker rolled into one..plus Spud Webb and Andre the Giant

Hammock Parties
08-22-2011, 12:05 PM
I like to envision DMC as a Charles light...

I also like the fact that if something happened to Charles...DMC could fill that role (albeit more of a 2010 carry share than 2011)...

like 35% DMC, 45% TJ and 20% McClain...

More than 2-3 carries a game = McBroken

ChiefsCountry
08-22-2011, 12:09 PM
Scarasim. :)

Hootie
08-22-2011, 12:09 PM
Meh.

I don't care to project that...

He had a high ankle sprain his rookie year...seems like an injury that could happen to anyone.

You can't play a player based on projected injury concerns...if he becomes McBroken oh well, shit happens...

you don't pay a player to protect him from injuries...if you're right, you're right...oh well.

anyone can get injured, for discussion purposes I'm not talking about injuries right now...

Talent wise, it's nice to have a compliment like DMC for a guy like Charles since they both possess similar abilities.

the Talking Can
08-22-2011, 12:10 PM
Did you see what happened when we ran Black Welker between the tackles (including this preseason)?

Midget Faulk was stopped like a spit wad against a brick wall...he has to receive the ball in space to have a chance.

White Vern Troyer is good for a handful of gadget plays, screens a game.

Hootie
08-22-2011, 12:12 PM
too small of a sample size...

I'm excited to see how we use Dexter this year...sorry for the optimism.

I don't care to project whether he'll get injured or whether he's too small to play in the NFL...

I've seen a few big plays out of him in his young career and maybe he'll be better utilized this year...I do know that if we can find him some space he can make things happen...

Hammock Parties
08-22-2011, 12:12 PM
Meh.

I don't care to project that...

He had a high ankle sprain his rookie year...seems like an injury that could happen to anyone.

You can't play a player based on projected injury concerns...if he becomes McBroken oh well, shit happens...

He's 150 fucking pounds and you think he can take 10 carries a game.... :rolleyes:

ModSocks
08-22-2011, 12:14 PM
Did you see what happened when we ran Black Welker between the tackles (including this preseason)?

Midget Faulk was stopped like a spit wad against a brick wall...he has to receive the ball in space to have a chance.

White Vern Troyer is good for a handful of gadget plays, screens a game.

They'll use him the same way they use Charles. Both Players excel at draws, screens, cutbacks and perimeter plays.

ModSocks
08-22-2011, 12:14 PM
He's 150 ****ing pounds and you think he can take 10 carries a game.... :rolleyes:

Jeez, exaggerate much?

Hootie
08-22-2011, 12:15 PM
yes, I do...

I think some games he'll get 3 carries, and other games he'll get 7 carries...

I love the idea of Charles in the slot in motion with DMC in the backfield...I think that's a scary set that we'll see a lot of good things from.

I also think that if Charles suffers a 2 or 3 week injury having a handcuff like DMC is an absolute blessing...because I think he could handle 12-15 carries for a few weeks if need be...

you can agree to disagree, I know how it is for you once you start to hate a player...

the Talking Can
08-22-2011, 12:19 PM
They'll use him the same way they use Charles

no, they won't...imo

Charles excels at everything...the Giant Chicklet has a narrower skill set. And I think they've figured out what it is...dump offs, screens, mis-directions. Not a lot of straight hand offs or route running.

Reerun_KC
08-22-2011, 12:22 PM
no, they won't...imo

Charles excels at everything...the Giant Chicklet has a narrower skill set. And I think they've figured out what it is...dump offs, screens, mis-directions. Not a lot of straight hand offs or route running.

Which sucks...

I saw him in person at Indy last year... he was the only one running good clean routes and was open most of the day....

He is an excellent route runner...

Thig Lyfe
08-22-2011, 12:23 PM
ALL SCREENS ALL THE TIME

the Talking Can
08-22-2011, 12:24 PM
Which sucks...

I saw him in person at Indy last year... he was the only one running good clean routes and was open most of the day....

He is an excellent route runner...

it doesn't seem they agree with that

NJChiefsFan
08-22-2011, 12:27 PM
I really don't understand why he is being labeled a bust already. Nobody knows how much the injury affected him last year. He had a few explosive plays even still, so I don't see how he can be written off yet. Did he not show a lot of good things the other night?

Can he ever be in the backfield enough to run up the middle or pass block?...Probably not. Maybe he never becomes Wes Welker but is it really insane to think he can be a very good weapon in this offense. With everything we have, he is not going to get attention so whenever we get him in space we should see some good things. He isn't going to be expected to put up 1,200 all purpose yards and 10 tds. If he just does what he did the other night I will be happy. Maybe he gets hurt, obviously he is small, but to me that doesn't make him a bust after one year.

Reerun_KC
08-22-2011, 12:30 PM
it doesn't seem they agree with that

:shrug: good thing I am not the coach... Otherwise he would be a slot wr and wr out of the backfield all day long.

keg in kc
08-22-2011, 12:35 PM
The Chiefs’ wide receivers don’t scare anyone as a group.If that's the case, and I doubt that it is, that perception will change by midseason, and maybe dramatically. Although at the start of the year I certainly hope the opposition still thinks of the Chiefs receiver group the way that they did when it was Bowe alongside Kevin Curtis and Varran Tucker.

HemiEd
08-22-2011, 12:42 PM
As long as hes not asked to pass block. He was getting killed trying to block the ravens LB'ers.

nothing more than a speed bump.

DaFace
08-22-2011, 12:49 PM
I don't mind the idea of him in the backfield for little quick routes and that type of thing. But yeah, he'll get killed if they're expecting him to be able to pick up a blitzing LBer.

gonefishin53
08-22-2011, 12:55 PM
If I were an opposing coach, I'd game plan for an all out blitz any time they see McCluster lined up as an I formation RB. I think McCluster will be McBroken if he has to take on a 250# LB with a running start 7-10 times a game.

I do think McCluster could be a productive complement to Charles if he's used in a split back offense like Chuck Noll ran in Seattle with Jim Zorn at QB. They ran a lot of sprint draws and counter that with throw back screens which would suit FB McClain very well.

Reerun_KC
08-22-2011, 01:00 PM
If I were an opposing coach, I'd game plan for an all out blitz any time they see McCluster lined up as an I formation RB. I think McCluster will be McBroken if he has to take on a 250# LB with a running start 7-10 times a game.

I do think McCluster could be a productive complement to Charles if he's used in a split back offense like Chuck Noll ran in Seattle with Jim Zorn at QB. They ran a lot of sprint draws and counter that with throw back screens which would suit FB McClain very well.

ROFL

Direckshun
08-22-2011, 01:02 PM
I loved the way Muir used him against the Ravens, with the exception of the botched goal line call when Palko was in.

I think 8-10 touches is most realistic if our other skill positions are operating at full capacity and forcing defenses to address them. McCluster's at his best operating in space.

We gotta figure out what to do with him on blitz pickups, though. He is getting annihilated.

DBOSHO
08-22-2011, 01:04 PM
heeeeyyyyyyyy cllaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.....

Hammock Parties
08-22-2011, 01:05 PM
heeeeyyyyyyyy cllaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.....

4 carries a game is still less than 80 carries....

Chiefnj2
08-22-2011, 01:06 PM
I really don't understand why he is being labeled a bust already.

It depends on whether people liked him when he was drafted or not. If you are a fan favorite you get much more leeway. If people didn't like the pickup then the player gets dragged over the coals.

If TJax broke his hand punching someone his rookie year, everyone would have called him a cancer and been on him. With Baldwin, it's "boys will be boys, no big deal." If McCluster plays poorly or might have to moved to different positions, he sucks, Pioli sucks, Haley sucks. If it happens with Albert, it's acceptable.

DBOSHO
08-22-2011, 01:09 PM
You're going to be so sad when he makes big plays this year.

Hootie
08-22-2011, 01:12 PM
no he won't...he'll just eat his crow and become a huge DMC enthusiast

Mr. Flopnuts
08-22-2011, 01:14 PM

Exactly.

DBOSHO
08-22-2011, 01:15 PM

Good to have you back hootie, even though I hate you.

serious question, not hating: When is manning going to be ready?

Hootie
08-22-2011, 01:19 PM
don't know, not a Colts fan...

I appreciate watching Manning play because he's the greatest QB I've ever seen (IMO)...

that said...Brady is going to have a monster year, with monster numbers on a monster team...this could be their 19-0.

Hammock Parties
08-22-2011, 01:21 PM
McCluster's projections per PFF:

29 carries, 116 yards, 1 TD
12 catches, 124 yards 0 TD

Hootie
08-22-2011, 01:22 PM
wow we lose...

nice pull Clay

that sure showed us!!

Rausch
08-22-2011, 01:23 PM
too small of a sample size...

I'm excited to see how we use Dexter this year...sorry for the optimism.

I don't care to project whether he'll get injured or whether he's too small to play in the NFL...

I've seen a few big plays out of him in his young career and maybe he'll be better utilized this year...I do know that if we can find him some space he can make things happen...

This.

That's pretty much it. Finding the balance between how many touches Charles/McCluster can get and still be explosive.

That means we need that Natrone Means/Bettis/Bam Morris/Barry Foster/etc. type back to eat late game carries and pound defenses...

Hootie
08-22-2011, 01:23 PM
McCluster's projections per TMD:

80 carries 397 yards 1 TD
44 catches 405 yards 2 TD's

I CAN PROJECT TOO!!!

Hammock Parties
08-22-2011, 01:24 PM
wow we lose...

nice pull Clay

that sure showed us!!

lol....I enjoy having you back :)

But fuck that midget. :#

Hammock Parties
08-22-2011, 01:24 PM
McCluster's projections per TMD:

80 carries 397 yards 1 TD
44 catches 405 yards 2 TD's

I CAN PROJECT TOO!!!

link?

Hootie
08-22-2011, 01:25 PM
I think there are 50+ people on this board who have a better sense of what the Chiefs are all about and what there players are truly worth than PFF...

The diehards watch every game, follow every move, etc. etc. etc.

I don't give a shit about what Adam Schefter, Mike Florio, Walter Football, or PFF say about the Chiefs...I trust my educated opinion much more than theirs...they have 32 teams to cover, I have 1.

Hootie
08-22-2011, 01:26 PM
link?

you got it straight from the source...no link needed

ReynardMuldrake
08-22-2011, 01:26 PM
More McCluster is a good thing. I hope to see him get more involved in the offense this year.

ReynardMuldrake
08-22-2011, 01:27 PM
link?

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=7843031&postcount=50

DBOSHO
08-22-2011, 01:29 PM
im hoping that as the year goes on and thomas slows down theyll start giving mccluster( or charles) jones' carries, but im sure theyll use him as a battering ram like last year to keep charles fresh.

Hootie
08-22-2011, 01:30 PM

the funny thing is...

if he did live up to those projections, he'd still be considered a bust by many because he's a 2nd round pick...

I'll never understand why draft picks are so overvalued on this board...

2nd round picks aren't sure things...and anytime you can get 800 yards of production out of a 2nd round pick who is a utility player...you're getting great value.

That said, I need to see it from Dex...I think he has it, but I don't blame Clay and others for being down on him after 1 season (even though the high ankle sprain really did more to derail him than his size IMO)

ModSocks
08-22-2011, 01:30 PM
I don't give a shit about what Adam Schefter, Mike Florio, Walter Football, or PFF say about the Chiefs...I trust my educated opinion much more than theirs...they have 32 teams to cover, I have 1.

Damn straight.

Hootie
08-22-2011, 01:31 PM
I still think 25% of the touches need to go to Jones or McClain just to eat clock and keep the two playmakers fresh...

Charles 65%
McCluster 10%
Jones/McClain 25%

(with Charles and McCluster each getting extra snaps from the slot)

Mr. Laz
08-22-2011, 01:32 PM
im hoping that as the year goes on and thomas slows down theyll start giving mccluster( or charles) jones' carries, but im sure theyll use him as a battering ram like last year to keep charles fresh.
That's why McClain is here.

McClain gets 1/3 of Jones' carries so his legs can last.

ModSocks
08-22-2011, 01:35 PM
Dex looks even more explosive and quicker then he did last season. Which is nice since Jones looks slower then any point i can remember last season.

I love this approach with Dex, btw. I don't believe in the whole "Change of Pace back" concept. Fuck that.

If i have one explosive back that can take it to the house any given play, why the fuck would i wanna sub in a guy that allows the D to take a deep breath?

I'd much rather have TWO explosive backs. Don't give the D a chance to slow the game down, hit them fast, over and over and over again.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-22-2011, 01:38 PM
And dude was a 2nd round pick? What a waste.

Hammock Parties
08-22-2011, 01:41 PM
you got it straight from the source...no link needed

I thought TMD was some fantasy site....

you're out of your mind.

At best:

200 yards rushing
300 yards receiving
3 TDs

Rausch
08-22-2011, 01:42 PM
I still think 25% of the touches need to go to...McClain just to eat clock and keep the two playmakers fresh...

FYP...

Urc Burry
08-22-2011, 01:45 PM
If I was giving McCluster a comparison I would say to Reggie Bush for how we are going to use him

In '09 he had:
70 carries for 390 yards 5 td's
47 receptions for 335 yards and 3 td's

I'd be happy with that

ModSocks
08-22-2011, 01:46 PM
If I was giving McCluster a comparison I would say to Reggie Bush for how we are going to use him

In '09 he had:
70 carries for 390 yards 5 td's
47 receptions for 335 yards and 3 td's

I'd be happy with that

That's how I imagine it as well.

McClain will get the short yardage, goal line work

and Jones will be the primary back up.

Rasputin
08-22-2011, 01:58 PM
I think McCluster is going to excel at what the Chiefs are asking him to do at RB. Then in a couple years they will switch for him to be a slot WR just to fuck with defenses figuring out how to contain him, & just to fuck with GoChiefs head.

Hammock Parties
08-22-2011, 02:00 PM
I think McCluster is going to excel at what the Chiefs are asking him to do at RB. Then in a couple years they will switch for him to be a slot WR just to fuck with defenses figuring out how to contain him, & just to fuck with GoChiefs head.

do you like matt cassel

do you think he's good

Rasputin
08-22-2011, 02:15 PM
do you like matt cassel

do you think he's good

Not particulary, I'm not a fan of mediocricy or of rehash QBs/players that came from other teams. I like guys we draft, (not all of them) but I like how we can watch them mature and grow with the team getting better as they work to become good. I can handle rookie mistakes as long as they learn from mistakes and continue show hustle.

I think Pioli brought in Cassel to buy himself time, as he was familiar with him. He bought time with Cassel to start drafting QBs that we will see in a developmental capasity to witch we can find (hopefully) the diamond in the rough sort of speak.

I am rooting for Cassel to do good enough for Stanzi get familiar with NFL expectations. Then let Stanzi or next years drafted QB get a shot at the starting job. I don't think Cassel is the guy to take us to the next level, but all he really has to do is hand of to Charles so there is that.

Mr. Laz
08-22-2011, 03:32 PM
do you like matt cassel

do you think he's good
he's not nearly as crappy as people around here try to make him out to be

DeezNutz
08-22-2011, 03:46 PM
DMC as primarily a RB means that it was a wasted pick.

Chiefshrink
08-22-2011, 03:52 PM
cassel is gonna sacked maybe 8-10 times a game

This.

Our O-line is anything but good right now.

DJ's left nut
08-22-2011, 03:53 PM
I'd trade McCluster for Pryor in a heartbeat.

Pryor has the size and skills to actually play a handful of positions in this league. We have no earthly idea what position it might be, but they can find him one.

McCluster, OTOH, has no position AND he doesn't have the physical gifts Pryor has.

So while we barbecue the Raiders for doing a stupid Raider thing and overdrafting Pryor - lets not forget just how asinine it was for us to use the 34th overall !@#$ing pick on a midget 3rd down back that can't pick up a blitz and isn't likely to survive the workload of a legit NFL player.

Chiefshrink
08-22-2011, 03:58 PM
And dude was a 2nd round pick? What a waste.

Nah, he will still pull the Wes Welker duty at times. No way they totally remove him from the slot pos. His one-on-one matchups on LBs is too advantageous.

Hammock Parties
08-22-2011, 04:01 PM
Nah, he will still pull the Wes Welker duty at times. No way they totally remove him from the slot pos. His one-on-one matchups on LBs is too advantageous.

Question: where was this advantage last year? Was Weis too stupid to take advantage of this advantage? Or were we keeping it a secret for our future championship season?

DJ's left nut
08-22-2011, 04:06 PM

Unless said LB simply mans up on him and blasts the little dwarf.

Let's say he's matched up on Houston or Hali - you really think they'd be completely incapable of knocking him to the turf at least 1/2 the time? Or at least hitting him hard enough to re-route him to the point of being useless.

If you can't rely on him to be in the spot he's supposed to be (i.e. not on his ass or re-routed) at least 3/4 of the time, you can't exactly create plays for him.

He's a liability - period. He's a nice little player if you get him late in the draft of undrafted, then you can use him as a secondary player like the Chargers used Sproles (who was significantly sturdier than McCluster) - but trying to use him like a legit slot WR and/or 3rd down back is just a transparent attempt to justify his draft position.

Mr. Laz
08-22-2011, 04:07 PM
pretty much

I've been saying that since the day he was drafted.

The only position he isn't stealing time from a better player would of been slot receiver.

Rausch
08-22-2011, 04:12 PM
Chiefs to keep McCluster at running back

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on August 22, 2011, 1:36 PM EDT
http://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/610x4.jpg?w=250 Reuters

The experiment of using Dexter McCluster (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5780/dexter-mccluster) primarily as a slot receiver seems over, at least for this season.

So he's NOT a slot WR.

****ing shocked.

I'm blindsided and ****ing shocked he's not the next Wes Welker...

Extra Point
08-22-2011, 04:14 PM
He's a receiver out of the backfield. Period. He can't block, only interfere with the rush, for only so long. Moeaki or some other TE better be the deeper shallow toss, behind DMC. That's not going to take long to sniff out, unless we have speed in a drag route. The OL is so important, it's not funny.

BYW, did anyone pick up Waters, yet?

ModSocks
08-22-2011, 04:17 PM

Don't think so, which i find surprising. He's probably been black balled for his part in the negotiations....

Titty Meat
08-22-2011, 04:17 PM
He's only averaging 5 yards a carry this pre-season. Bust!

ChiefsCountry
08-22-2011, 04:18 PM
Don't think so, which i find surprising. He's probably been black balled for his part in the negotiations....

Or he just flat sucks ass.

DJ's left nut
08-22-2011, 04:21 PM
He's only averaging 5 yards a carry this pre-season. Bust!

Brian Shay and Jessie Haynes are nodding their heads in agreement right now.

Titty Meat
08-22-2011, 04:22 PM
Brian Shay and Jessie Haynes are nodding their heads in agreement right now.

Lol yea Dexter McCluster is Brian Shay and Jessie Haynes what a terrible comparison.

Rausch
08-22-2011, 04:23 PM
He's a receiver out of the backfield. Period. He can't block, only interfere with the rush, for only so long. Moeaki or some other TE better be the deeper shallow toss, behind DMC. That's not going to take long to sniff out, unless we have speed in a drag route. The OL is so important, it's not funny.

He won't be back...

BigMeatballDave
08-22-2011, 04:33 PM
LMAO @ those still bitching about wasted pick. Fucking get over it.

Rasputin
08-22-2011, 04:41 PM

Let his production on the field speak for itself . He helps us produce first downs that lead to scoring points, then he is well worth the second round pick we took for him.

He is far more comfortable at RB from playing so much of it in college & being successful at it I may add. In a few years the coaches can add to his reputar at slot when they feel like he can handle those duties. Right now they are putting him in a position to be successful.

MahiMike
08-22-2011, 04:54 PM
He looked pretty good the other night. Definitely worth a shot.

-King-
08-22-2011, 05:05 PM
If they play him like they did in the preseason game, then he is not even close to being a wasted pick. We'll see though how the carries and passes are distributed in the regular season.

Saul Good
08-22-2011, 05:13 PM
If the guy never plays another down, he was the difference between winning the division and missing the playoffs last year. Maybe that's not worth a 2nd round pick, but it's worth something. He also won the Raiders game last year with his return TD, but it was called back for a BS penalty. He had a huge play to break open the Broncos game called back for a penalty as well.

The guy was a victim of some pretty shitty luck last year.

beach tribe
08-22-2011, 05:20 PM

Your and idiot

Pasta Little Brioni
08-22-2011, 05:22 PM
If the guy never plays another down, he was the difference between winning the division and missing the playoffs last year. Maybe that's not worth a 2nd round pick, but it's worth something. He also won the Raiders game last year with his return TD, but it was called back for a BS penalty. He had a huge play to break open the Broncos game called back for a penalty as well.

The guy was a victim of some pretty shitty luck last year.

Both those calls were awful. He was robbed.

beach tribe
08-22-2011, 05:27 PM
Question: where was this advantage last year? Was Weis too stupid to take advantage of this advantage? Or were we keeping it a secret for our future championship season?

Dude. He was a rookie learning the position of WR for the first time. Seriously. Most people will say it takes a WR out of college, who has probably played 3 years of college football as one, a couple years to learn the position. But DM Has to be Wes Welker in his rookie season for you to get over hating this pick so much.
You cannot deny the guy is dangerous in space. If he figures the game out, he will be a hell of a weapon.
And I'm pretty pumped to know he's going to be coming out of the backfield instead of Thomas Jones.

Hammock Parties
08-22-2011, 05:30 PM
Sorry, but the gap between what DMC did last year and what Welker does is ENORMOUS.

I would have been satisfied with somewhere in between.

And he's never going to be Welker, now. He's a RB.

beach tribe
08-22-2011, 05:34 PM
Sorry, but the gap between what DMC did last year and what Welker does is ENORMOUS.

I would have been satisfied with somewhere in between.

And he's never going to be Welker, now. He's a RB.

True. But he's not just going to be a RB. I guarantee you that. He won't be a true WR, but he will be running plenty of routes.

Ming the Merciless
08-22-2011, 05:35 PM

Lets be fair here...The odds of Dex catching 64 balls in 2011 is VERY very low.

I mean if you think otherwise , throw some casino cash on it!

Hammock Parties
08-22-2011, 05:36 PM
True. But he's not just going to be a RB. I guarantee you that. He won't be a true WR, but he will be running plenty of routes.

Really?

We're going to play him in the slot instead of Breaston or Moeaki? BRILLIANT IDEA.

Ming the Merciless
08-22-2011, 05:37 PM
Really?

We're going to play him in the slot instead of Breaston or Moeaki? BRILLIANT IDEA.

Yah, he will be wearing the newest TUBES that add 12" to jump height

beach tribe
08-22-2011, 05:48 PM
Really?

I didn't say that. I was a little vague with whole "routes" BS. He'll motion out of the backfield, run routes out of the backfield, etc. I can see Dex catching 50 balls, and carrying it 175 times and carrying a high average along with it.

Tell the truth, do you think the RB spot has been upgraded by giving Dex a large chunk of Thomas Jones' workload?

lcarus
08-22-2011, 05:48 PM
Really?

You don't think he'll line up as a receiver every once in a while?

Hammock Parties
08-22-2011, 05:51 PM
I can see Dex catching 50 balls, and carrying it 175 times

LMAO

I have already addressed this issue...225 touches for McCluster this year....I would bet any amount of cash this does not happen.

Tell the truth, do you think the RB spot has been upgraded by giving Dex a large chunk of Thomas Jones?

The RB spot will be upgraded by giving McClain a large chunk of Thomas Jones.....McCluster is good for 2-3 carries a game at the MOST.

Hammock Parties
08-22-2011, 05:52 PM
You don't think he'll line up as a receiver every once in a while?

Why would he?

Even when our better receivers get a breather I'd rather run Tucker out there.

Ming the Merciless
08-22-2011, 05:55 PM
I can see Dex catching 50 balls, and carrying it 175 times and carrying a high average along with it.

<iframe width="420" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kraMrceOIIc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

beach tribe
08-22-2011, 05:59 PM
[QUOTE=Gif Horse;7843681]LMAO

I have already addressed this issue...225 touches for McCluster this year....I would bet any amount of cash this does not happen.

Yeah. I'm an idiot. I posted without doing the thinking part

beach tribe
08-22-2011, 06:05 PM
LMAO

The RB spot will be upgraded by giving McClain a large chunk of Thomas Jones.....McCluster is good for 2-3 carries a game at the MOST.

My post earlier was definitely dumb enough to make your sig, but letting Dex get a chunk of TJs' carries is not dumb. I'm not saying trot him out there on 3rd, and 1, but I'd much rather have him carry the ball on 2nd, and 7 than a FB who earned his way to the ProBowl by blocking, not by running the ball.

Hammock Parties
08-22-2011, 06:14 PM
McClain had 903 yards rushing a couple years ago.

He has power and speed.

Reerun_KC
08-22-2011, 06:18 PM
My post earlier was definitely dumb enough to make your sig, but letting Dex get a chunk of TJs' carries is not dumb. I'm not saying trot him out there on 3rd, and 1, but I'd much rather have him carry the ball on 2nd, and 7 than a FB who earned his way to the ProBowl by blocking, not by running the ball.

I would expect DMC to have around 125-140 touches this year, not including special teams...

I hope he gets closer to 175... Dude is electric when he touches the ball..

Hammock Parties
08-22-2011, 06:21 PM
I would expect DMC to have around 125-140 touches this year, not including special teams...

I hope he gets closer to 175... Dude is electric when he touches the ball..

ROFL

OK, I am adding that to my sig...you are serious.

ChiefGator
08-22-2011, 06:32 PM
This is all pretty much moot.

Dex *should* get more than 120 touches this year. And if Todd wants him to touch the ball 10 times a game, that is pretty close to 175.

The only problem is, we may not be able to have those long drives. Always seems like we start the game with alot of threes and out. Which reduces the number of offensive plays we can even run.

MIAdragon
08-22-2011, 06:34 PM
McClain had 903 yards rushing a couple years ago.

He has power and speed.

so did Jones, BFD.

Hammock Parties
08-22-2011, 06:38 PM
so did Jones, BFD.

Sorry, Jones is a brokedick, McClain is not.

O.city
08-22-2011, 06:41 PM
I think McCluster is a playmaker but in no way should he take carries/touches away from Charles.

Reerun_KC
08-22-2011, 06:42 PM
ROFL

OK, I am adding that to my sig...you are serious.

Absolutely...

BossChief
08-22-2011, 07:44 PM
totally disagree.
Really?

No, but heres the deal...if you start the play with DMC in the backfield on third down, Baldwin, Bowe and Breaston as the wideouts.

Then you shift DMC to the side opposite the slot (Breaston) and that almost guarantees you a couple things...

1) DMC is manned up on a safety
2) Two of our receivers are in man coverage
3) a big play is pretty likely if Cassel can find the open man.

Everything isnt black and white here, there is a ton of grey area with a player like DMC.

BTW, here is how he was used in the SEC (with his size) as he was a guy that always did what I just explained.

181 carries 1169 yards 6.5 ypc 8 tds
44 receptions 520 yards 3 tds
109 carries 655 yards 6 tds
44 receptions 625 yards 1 td

I would be happy if he got half of those stats of his senior year at Ole Miss.

ReynardMuldrake
08-22-2011, 07:59 PM
I don't get the McCluster hate. Sure he's not going to break a bunch of tackles but any time he gets in the open field he's a TD threat. He gives us versatility which helps the offense in all phases.

Dude is scrappy and plays with heart. I respect that. Plus he's just entertaining to watch.

Blick
08-22-2011, 07:59 PM
Running Dex on routes out of the backfield will give us some nice mismatches.

Against Baltimore, he absolutely smoked a LB running an arrow/angle route out of the backfield from beside the QB in shotgun.

The QB missed him, and instead went short to Colbert, if I remember right.

Dex smacked his hands together after the ball didn't go his way as if to say, "Damn, I was WIDE OPEN."

Can't remember if it was Cassel or Palko at that point. I think it was Palko.

Mr. Laz
08-22-2011, 08:05 PM
Running Dex on routes out of the backfield will give us some nice mismatches.

Against Baltimore, he absolutely smoked a LB running an arrow/angle route out of the backfield from beside the QB in shotgun.

The QB missed him, and instead went short to Colbert, if I remember right.

Dex smacked his hands together after the ball didn't go his way as if to say, "Damn, I was WIDE OPEN."

Can't remember if it was Cassel or Palko at that point. I think it was Palko.
Colbert was on the field it was either Palko or Stanzi ... probably Stanzi.

Charles would give us the same mismatch out of the backfield and a lot more running the ball.

Blick
08-22-2011, 08:13 PM
Colbert was on the field it was either Palko or Stanzi ... probably Stanzi.

Charles would give us the same mismatch out of the backfield and a lot more running the ball.

It had to be Palko then.

Defenses will be keying on Charles though, while Dex can still fly under the radar.

Hell, you can use both of them in split back sets.

Hammock Parties
08-22-2011, 08:22 PM
McCluster lovers just don't get it.

Here are the ideal offensive packages we should be running.

I-Form/Offset I/Variations

WR Bowe
WR Baldwin
TE Moeaki
FB McClain
HB Charles

Singleback 3 Wide/Variations

WR Bowe
WR Baldwin
WR Breaston
TE Moeaki
HB Charles

Singleback 4 Wide/Variations

WR Bowe
WR Baldwin
WR Breaston
WR Moeaki
HB Charles

Empty backfield

WR Bowe
WR Baldwin
WR Breaston
WR Moeaki
WR Charles

There is no reason to take any of those players off the field in favor of McCluster for anything but a breather. MAYBE you can put McCluster on the field instead of Urban if Baldwin doesn't play a game for some reason, but considering Urban is an actual NFL wide receiver and McCluster is definitely not, that's a questionable personnel decision.

The ONLY formation we should be using McCluster in regularly is this one. McCluster is a better receiver out of the backfield than Jones or McClain, so it makes sense to have him in this formation.

Split backfield

WR Bowe
WR Baldwin
TE Moeaki/WR Breaston
HB Charles
HB McCluster

I don't see any way you get McCluster 10 friggin' touches a game on offense when he has no business being on the field in most formations unless someone is hurt or needs a breather. And if our coaching staff forces him on the field just to try and get him the ball over Moeaki or Breaston they're friggin idiots.

DeezNutz
08-22-2011, 08:36 PM
totally disagree.

It's cool; you have every right to be wrong.

And tell me that you didn't just try to semi-project (hope) out his stats based on what he did in the GREATEST COLLEGIATE FOOTBALL CONFERENCE know to man.

Damn near busted a shoe writing that.

BossChief
08-22-2011, 08:58 PM
It's cool; you have every right to be wrong.

And tell me that you didn't just try to semi-project (hope) out his stats based on what he did in the GREATEST COLLEGIATE FOOTBALL CONFERENCE know to man.

Damn near busted a shoe writing that.ROFL (I a laughing with you on the shoe joke, not throwing stones), time will tell.

If Im wrong, I will be around to own up to it. I just hope he is able to stay healthy so he gets a fair shake and acknowledge that he may be a guy that due to size cannot do so.

It just seemed that the high ankle sprain was about the worst injury for the kid. It took away the butter and left us with just the bread. that one really cant be blamed on his size though.

I posted the amounts of carries and catches to show his versatility within an offense and his effectiveness. I also added that I would be happy with 800 or so yards from him next year and think its not totally crazy to think thats possible. 50 yards per game.

It shows that even though he will be listed as a running back, his role will likely be as an xfactor for this offense.

milkman
08-22-2011, 09:01 PM
That's why McClain is here.

McClain gets 1/3 of Jones' carries so his legs can last.

Detoxing already pointed out the fact that Jones already looks slower than anytime last year.

Those legs are all out of fresh.

BossChief
08-22-2011, 09:02 PM
Detoxing already pointed out the fact that Jones already looks slower than anytime last year.

Those legs are all out of fresh.

He's done and doesnt deserve a roster spot.

They should cut him in the first round of cuts to give him a chance at catching on with someone desperate.

BigMeatballDave
08-22-2011, 09:23 PM

They should cut him in the first round of cuts to give him a chance at catching on with someone desperate.This. I really like the potential of Charles, McClain, and Dex.

BossChief
08-22-2011, 09:33 PM
This. I really like the potential of Charles, McClain, and Dex.

exactly

thats a deadly three headed monster

Hammock Parties
08-22-2011, 09:43 PM

They should cut him in the first round of cuts to give him a chance at catching on with someone desperate.

It's not gonna happen.

Next to Mike Brown, I'm sure Thomas Jones is Todd Haley's second favorite player of all time.

MAYBE they were showcasing him in the game the other night with the 2s. I don't remember Jones playing with the 2s last preseason.

Bump
08-22-2011, 10:46 PM
shoulda drafted Cody

BigMeatballDave
08-22-2011, 10:48 PM
shoulda drafted CodyShoulda drafted Aaron Rogers

BossChief
08-22-2011, 10:49 PM
Shoulda drafted Aaron Rogers

Shoulda drafted Drews Brees.

BigMeatballDave
08-22-2011, 10:53 PM
Shoulda drafted Drews Brees.I'd much rather have Rogers.

ChiefGator
08-24-2011, 06:51 AM
McCluster lovers just don't get it.

Here are the ideal offensive packages we should be running.

I-Form/Offset I/Variations

WR Bowe
WR Baldwin
...... BLAH BLAH.... BLAH BLAH....

That is one of the biggest crapfests you have laid on this board, should have saved yourself the time.

Just because you write down five packages that we "should" be running doesn't make it so. And having Charles on the field for every single offensive down is also retarded.

The three inches and 29 pounds that Charles had on McCluster last year do not make Charles indestructable.

Baby Lee
08-24-2011, 07:46 AM
link?

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=7843031&postcount=50

ReynardMuldrake
08-24-2011, 07:51 AM

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=7843031&postcount=50

You stole my post! I'm suing! :cuss:

Baby Lee
08-24-2011, 07:52 AM
Let his production on the field speak for itself . He helps us produce first downs that lead to scoring points, then he is well worth the second round pick we took for him.

He is far more comfortable at RB from playing so much of it in college & being successful at it I may add. In a few years the coaches can add to his reputar at slot when they feel like he can handle those duties. Right now they are putting him in a position to be successful.

CP never ceases to delight me in the mangling of the English language. ROFL ROFL

Reerun_KC
08-24-2011, 08:15 AM
CP never ceases to delight me in the mangling of the English language. ROFL ROFL

LOL, does message board englysh techers r really kewl...

Baby Lee
08-24-2011, 08:17 AM
LOL, does message board englysh techers r really kewl...

C'mon, I wasn't tsk tsking him. That is a legitimately funny misspelling.

reputar =! repertoire = funny stuff.

Reerun_KC
08-24-2011, 08:20 AM
C'mon, I wasn't tsk tsking him. That is a legitimately funny misspelling.

reputar =! repertoire = funny stuff.

ROFL

Try reading a text from a teenaged daughter... :eek: I know I am getting older as I have to have a translater...

Baby Lee
08-24-2011, 08:26 AM
ROFL

Try reading a text from a teenaged daughter... :eek: I know I am getting older as I have to have a translater...

There's a guy on another site I read that takes leetspeke to the nth degree, and he mostly posts political arguments. They're even fairly well reasoned, just ponderous to read. Things like

"u cant b sain thngs lyk that n b respektbul."

Discuss Thrower
08-24-2011, 08:54 AM
There's a guy on another site I read that takes leetspeke to the nth degree, and he mostly posts political arguments. They're even fairly well reasoned, just ponderous to read. Things like

"u cant b sain thngs lyk that n b respektbul."

Tell miss kinian to not be sad about my condishun.
-Charly

Hammock Parties
08-24-2011, 09:48 AM
That is one of the biggest crapfests you have laid on this board, should have saved yourself the time.

Just because you write down five packages that we "should" be running doesn't make it so. And having Charles on the field for every single offensive down is also retarded.

The three inches and 29 pounds that Charles had on McCluster last year do not make Charles indestructable.

Did you even read what I posted? I said McCluster should be on the field when someone, such as Charles, needs a breather.

BigMeatballDave
08-24-2011, 12:24 PM
Did you even read what I posted? I said McCluster should be on the field when someone, such as Charles, needs a breather.How about Dex and Charles on the field at the same time?

By all means, continue with your Dex hate, but the remedy for this is letting TJ go.

Hootie
08-24-2011, 12:26 PM
I have no problem with Charles/Dex getting 80% of the carries and Jones/McClain getting 20%...or even 75%/25%

Hootie
08-24-2011, 12:28 PM
and for all the McCluster hate...he showed a lot against the Ravens...good hands, runs great routes out of the backfield...makes people miss...I mean, he's just scary good in space...I'll let him have as many draws, counters, screens and dumpoffs as they call for him this year...

That set with Charles in the slot and him in the back field or vice versa is going to be a scary good set for us this year I think.

Discuss Thrower
08-24-2011, 12:56 PM
and for all the McCluster hate...he showed a lot against the Ravens...good hands, runs great routes out of the backfield...makes people miss...I mean, he's just scary good in space...I'll let him have as many draws, counters, screens and dumpoffs as they call for him this year...

That set with Charles in the slot and him in the back field or vice versa is going to be a scary good set for us this year I think.

Until he gets flattened into a Dexter McBurgerpatty by a 270lb+ linebacker.

Hootie
08-24-2011, 01:01 PM

cool

when that happens let me know

Discuss Thrower
08-24-2011, 01:05 PM
cool

when that happens let me know

That's fine -that's FINE. /DerekAnderson

Hammock Parties
08-24-2011, 01:37 PM
How about Dex and Charles on the field at the same time?

By all means, continue with your Dex hate, but the remedy for this is letting TJ go.

That was the main point of my post.

But running that formation is not something the Chiefs can do very much unless they are moving to a pass-first offense.

And if you are doing that, you are taking Breaston off the field, too. I'd rather have Breaston on the field than a guy catching swing passes out of the backfield.

Pasta Little Brioni
08-24-2011, 02:02 PM

Exactly. He's going to make some folks say daaaaamnnn alot this year.

ChiefsCountry
08-24-2011, 02:12 PM

Or a 200 pound safety.

Hootie
08-24-2011, 02:15 PM
or maybe he doesn't get injured at all!??!!?!??!!?!??!

wow everyone can project!

Reerun_KC
08-24-2011, 02:16 PM
That was the main point of my post.

But running that formation is not something the Chiefs can do very much unless they are moving to a pass-first offense.

And if you are doing that, you are taking Breaston off the field, too. I'd rather have Breaston on the field than a guy catching swing passes out of the backfield.

Thank Allah and every worshipped God since time began that Todd Haley and the Chiefs dont give a flying **** about what "you would rather have"...

Pasta Little Brioni
08-24-2011, 02:23 PM
or maybe he doesn't get injured at all!??!!?!??!!?!??!

wow everyone can project!

It's stupid. Warrick Dunn suuuuure got killed in his playing days while no big hulking player has ever been injury prone.

Hootie
08-24-2011, 02:35 PM
but warrick dunn weighed 15 more lbs than Dexter!!!

15!!!

Hootie
08-24-2011, 02:35 PM
Dexter would get leveled by a punter!!! if he takes 1 hit he will break his torso! He won't be able to breathe! He will die!

Rasputin
08-24-2011, 02:40 PM

Hello, lmao

I may/may not used the word correctly in the sentence however it it is not mispelled like you think. It's actually a spanish word.

reputar
transitive verb1. to consider
Copyright © 2006 Chambers Harrap Publishers Limited

reputar [ray-poo-tar’]
article & verb transitive1. To repute, to estimate (estimar), to appreciate, to deem (considerar).
•Reputar a uno de inteligente -> to consider somebody intelligent

They can deem or "reputar" Dex at slot when they feel he has adequate knowledge of what to do. He has played RB most of his collegiate career and was quite successful, so why make him do something he isn't ready for?

Pasta Little Brioni
08-24-2011, 02:44 PM
but warrick dunn weighed 15 more lbs than Dexter!!!

15!!!

Speaking of Dunn... His career had more longevity and consistent production than Mike Alstott who was 6-1 250. But, since he was too small that must have been imagined.

Dave Lane
08-24-2011, 03:13 PM
he's not nearly as crappy as people around here try to make him out to be

Laz with a solid post.

Marcellus
08-24-2011, 03:18 PM
Dexter would get leveled by a punter!!! if he takes 1 hit he will break his torso! He won't be able to breathe! He will die!

Yea, it's as if people don't realize the SEC has some pretty big fast athlete's playing defense.

They act like DMC played DII or something.

BossChief
08-24-2011, 03:32 PM
I'd rather have Breaston on the field than a guy catching swing passes out of the backfield.

These are things that set each other up.

If Breaston catches a 30-40 yard pass, defenses have to play the safety deeper to defend that part of the opposing teams offense...that opens up things for Dexter to catch a swing pass (or a screen pass, or a draw..all kinds of plays designed to take away a defenses ability to pass rush in full force), juke one guy and take it another 20 yards or more.

Thats why I think this offense has potential to be a top ten unit or even a tad better.

We have enough weapons that it is almost impossible to defend them all if the plays are called right and the quarterback distributes the ball effectively to take advantage of all the weapons we have in our arsenal.

ChiefGator
08-24-2011, 06:01 PM
I'd rather have Breaston on the field than a guy catching swing passes out of the backfield.

I don't give a flying flip who is on the field. If the alternative is someone catching a pass and actually making a play, I'm all for that. That is always better than just being on the field.

I don't go home at the end of a game and think, "Well, it sure was great that X was on the field alot today."

Seriously, we don't even know if Cassel can get the ball to Breaston and if he can get open in our offense. Look at what Dex did against Baltimore. If he can do anything near that, catching swing passes and running the ball, sign me (and him) up for more of that.

A positive play is a positive play is a...

Hammock Parties
08-24-2011, 06:06 PM
I don't give a flying flip who is on the field. If the alternative is someone catching a pass and actually making a play, I'm all for that. That is always better than just being on the field.

Yeah, because McCluster is a better player than Breaston :spock:

Look at what Dex did against Baltimore. If he can do anything near that, catching swing passes and running the ball, sign me (and him) up for more of that.

You do realize usually it's going to be Charles doing that...McCluster was the only back on the field so yeah of course he was getting the ball.

Hammock Parties
08-24-2011, 06:07 PM
The problem with putting Dex on the field alone in the backfield is that you are basically telling the defense "Hey, we are passing."

McCluster is not big enough to take more than 2-3 carries a game.

Rasputin
08-24-2011, 06:14 PM
The problem with putting Dex on the field alone in the backfield is that you are basically telling the defense "Hey, we are passing."

Draw plays and screen plays will sertanly be in the Dex favor. Come on, I can't wait to watch Dex make you eat crow. Dex can handle himself fust fine with 7 to 10 touches a game.

Hammock Parties
08-24-2011, 06:16 PM
Draw plays and screen plays will sertanly be in the Dex favor.

Look, as I've been saying over and over again:

You cannot make Dex part of regular offensive packages. He is not as good as these other players who should be on the field.

So when you do put him out there, you are basically telling the defense he's getting the ball.

It would be a lot different if he could play as a slot WR or #2 RB, but he can't....so he's pretty much a lost cause.

ChiefGator
08-24-2011, 06:17 PM

Did you ever watch him in college? I used to stay tuned to their games just because Dex was electric. And he would occasionally pound the rock twenty times a game. The SEC isn't full of a bunch of non-tackling pansies.

His biggest weakness is pass blocking, but Charles isn't huge and he excels at it. Dex can learn to do it somewhat better and be acceptable enough.

It's not always about surprising the opponent, it's about out-performing the opponent and taking advantage of a mismatch. Dex can be that mismatch.

beach tribe
08-24-2011, 06:18 PM

You are just dead wrong about this.

I

Hammock Parties
08-24-2011, 06:20 PM
Did you ever watch him in college?

No, and I don't care.

Dex will never have 10 carries in a game let alone 20.

You are just dead wrong about this.

I guess we will see. He can't play WR, he can't carry any sort of load in the running game. It limits what you can do with him. Even a guy like Kevin Faulk had as many as 178 carries one year.

ChiefGator
08-24-2011, 06:21 PM
Yeah, because McCluster is a better player than Breaston :spock:

When did Breaston become a freakin' superstar? He has averaged less than fifty catches a season in the NFL and just about 51 a year over the last couple years. I am glad we got Breaston, and I think he has some promise, but I won't be THAT surprised if he flames out completely here.

McCluster brings a skillset and some abilities which are fairly rare in the NFL. He is a like a quicker, shorter Percy Harvin. I won't be THAT surprised if he gets injured, but it's football.. it's a contact sport. And we have already seen some electric plays from him in the NFL.

-King-
08-24-2011, 06:24 PM

You cannot make Dex part of regular offensive packages. He is not as good as these other players who should be on the field.

So when you do put him out there, you are basically telling the defense he's getting the ball.

It would be a lot different if he could play as a slot WR or #2 RB, but he can't....so he's pretty much a lost cause.

So if you put him out there...and the defense knows he's getting the ball...doesn't that mean that someone else will be open? :hmmm:

Hammock Parties
08-24-2011, 06:24 PM
When did Breaston become a freakin' superstar?

He has had 1,000 yards in this league and two other very productive years.

Dexter has made a couple of plays.

The gap between them as players is astronomical.

McCluster brings a skillset and some abilities which are fairly rare in the NFL. He is a like a quicker, shorter Percy Harvin.

He is exactly like Percy Harvin....if Percy Harvin couldn't play wide receiver. LMAO

the Talking Can
08-24-2011, 06:26 PM
When did Breaston become a freakin' superstar? He has averaged less than fifty catches a season in the NFL and just about 51 a year over the last couple years. I am glad we got Breaston, and I think he has some promise, but I won't be THAT surprised if he flames out completely here.

McCluster brings a skillset and some abilities which are fairly rare in the NFL. He is a like a quicker, shorter Percy Harvin. I won't be THAT surprised if he gets injured, but it's football.. it's a contact sport. And we have already seen some electric plays from him in the NFL.

sweet, now he is Percy Harvin....if Harvin were a 3rd RB, i guess....

and Breaston has produced in the NFL...if McCluster were cable of being a WR (which according to our staff, he isn't), much less catching 50 passes a year this board would be covered in jizz....

ChiefGator
08-24-2011, 06:26 PM
No, and I don't care.

I think you are just saying this; you must have seen his college play. It's not like you to jump to a conclusion based on 18 carries and 20 catches in eleven games his rookie season.

Dex HAD over twenty carries several times in college. But, barring an injury to Charles, I don't think he will get over 10 carries a game either. 10 is alot. You run him enough to keep the defense honest and mostly try to put him out in space on short passes; let his athleticism give you a first down.

ChiefGator
08-24-2011, 06:29 PM
He is exactly like Percy Harvin....if Percy Harvin couldn't play wide receiver. LMAO

sweet, now he is Percy Harvin....if Harvin were a 3rd RB, i guess....if McCluster were cable of being a WR (which according to our staff, he isn't), much less catching 50 passes a year this board would be covered in jizz....

Again, this is a strawman argument. I'm not saying that McCluster is a WR. I'm saying he is a unique talent-set which can cause problems for defenses.

And Harvin and McCluster were used very, very similarly in college. McCluster is quicker than Harvin, although smaller. Remember that when Harvin entered the NFL alot of people projected him as a RB.

Hammock Parties
08-24-2011, 06:30 PM
I think you are just saying this; you must have seen his college play. It's not like you to jump to a conclusion based on 18 carries and 20 catches in eleven games his rookie season.

I make a reasonable conclusion based on the fact:

A) he sucked last year
B) the Chiefs thought he sucked, so they moved him to RB

BossChief
08-24-2011, 06:33 PM
Dexter is gonna make a lot fo people here eat their words.

If you want to be somewhat fair to his future on this team, evaluate him based on his production prior to the high ankle sprain.

That injury took away his uniqueness as a playmaker....same as it has every other player than ever got it.

O.city
08-24-2011, 06:34 PM
It is a good feeling to have this many weapons on offense. If he can hold up to anywhere near 150 touches it is a plus for this team.

No one will argue that he is great in space, so basically this again falls on Haley and Cassel in finding ways to get him the ball OUT in space.

the Talking Can
08-24-2011, 06:36 PM
Again, this is a strawman argument. I'm not saying that McCluster is a WR. I'm saying he is a unique talent-set which can cause problems for defenses.

And Harvin and McCluster were used very, very similarly in college. McCluster is quicker than Harvin, although smaller. Remember that when Harvin entered the NFL alot of people projected him as a RB.

you keeping bringing up college as if it has something to do with the NFL....

and Harvin had 60 catches for 790 yards his rookie year
last year he had 71 catches for 868 yards

after one year at WR with no stats to speak of, McCluster was promoted to 3rd RB by Haley (one of the best WR coaches in the league)

the Talking Can
08-24-2011, 06:38 PM

he already has...

hootie: "he's Wes Welker!"

random Chiefs fan: "no he's Kevin faulk!"

"He's Percy Harvin!"

ReynardMuldrake
No, and I don't care.

I make a reasonable conclusion based on the fact:

A) he sucked last year
B) the Chiefs thought he sucked, so they moved him to RB

Sorry, but that's completely retarded. You are judging a man's entire career based on half a rookie season. I don't get why you want the guy to fail so bad.

Hammock Parties
If you want to be somewhat fair to his future on this team, evaluate him based on his production prior to the high ankle sprain.

I have already said this at least twice, but he was doing nothing in games before the sprain.

Tell me he made one single play against Houston or Indianapolis.

His claim to fame is

A) a long punt return against SD
B) a couple of short plays against SF and one long one
C) a couple of short plays against the Jaguars

ChiefGator
08-24-2011, 06:39 PM

...if McCluster were [capable] of ... this board would be covered in jizz....

I agree, Boss. And I think this board will be covered in jizz by the end of the year. That is my prediction. Jizz for the Can.

O.city
08-24-2011, 06:42 PM
I have already said this at least twice, but he was doing nothing in games before the sprain.

His claim to fame is

So what do you think role he should be used for? Not being a jackass just wondering what you think

BossChief
08-24-2011, 06:45 PM
he already has...

hootie: "he's Wes Welker!"

random Chiefs fan: "no he's Kevin faulk!"

"He's Percy Harvin!"
Go ahead and throw me on the list for a Darren Sproles comparison.

I think that one is the fairest one, TBH.

His claim to fame is

he had 40 yards on 5 touches against Houston.

18 yards on 3 touches against Indy.

Through his first 6 games in the NFL he had 207 yards from scrimmage...he ended the year with 280.

Tell me again how the injury didnt play a big role into his effectiveness...

ChiefGator
08-24-2011, 06:46 PM
you keeping bringing up college as if it has something to do with the NFL....

And you all keep acting like he has never been tackled before. Nor played football at a high level. I happen to think that a player who is instrumental in some gigantic wins for his team at the college level, who takes the team on his back in the fourth quarter and de-guts the other team.. well.. that is the kind of player I would look for if I was drafting. But, I'm not a NFL scout. I do wonder what scouts spend all that time in the film room for though. Are they watching porn?

after one year at WR with no stats to speak of, McCluster was promoted to 3rd RB by Haley (one of the best WR coaches in the league)

His rookie season stats are better than Breaston's. Just saying. And again, I've never been arguing that McCluster is a traditional receiver. I think he is better coming out of the backfield. Not sure why this keeps being brought up.

EDIT: May be too late to edit this, but I just wanted to say, you say that Haley moved him to RB, even though he was one of the best WR coaches in the league.. he was the one who originally wanted to put him AT wr. A decision I (and probably most of this board due to McCluster's height) really didn't feel was a great idea.

ChiefGator
08-24-2011, 06:49 PM

:clap:

the Talking Can
08-24-2011, 06:56 PM
And you all keep acting like he has never been tackled before. Nor played football at a high level. I happen to think that a player who is instrumental in some gigantic wins for his team at the college level, who takes the team on his back in the fourth quarter and de-guts the other team.. well.. that is the kind of player I would look for if I was drafting. But, I'm not a NFL scout. I do wonder what scouts spend all that time in the film room for though. Are they watching porn?

His rookie season stats are better than Breaston's. Just saying. And again, I've never been arguing that McCluster is a traditional receiver. I think he is better coming out of the backfield. Not sure why this keeps being brought up.

Breaston was a 5th round draft pick playing behind Fitzgerald and Boldin

oh he did have over 1,700 yards on kick returns....so, there is that..but yeah, he's got nothing on McCluster..

jesus

the Talking Can
08-24-2011, 06:58 PM

I watched him play in the SEC, and it was clear he wasn't an NFL RB. That's why they drafted him to be a WR.

And the number of players in college who put up big #s and did jack shit in the NFL is longer than the Manhattan phonebook.

the Talking Can
08-24-2011, 06:59 PM
it's amazing we're dissing the production of Breaston, a 5th round pick...actual, legitimate production while giving a long blow job to a midget who has accomplished exactly nothing in the nfl...other than being demoted to 3rd rb...

ChiefGator
08-24-2011, 07:10 PM
Breaston was ... playing behind Fitzgerald and Boldin

it's amazing we're dissing the production of Breaston, a 5th round pick...actual, legitimate production while giving a long blow job to a midget who has accomplished exactly nothing in the nfl...other than being demoted to 3rd rb...

So.. Breaston caught 8 passes his rookie season because he was playing 3rd WR, while McCluster caught 20 catches and average a respectable number on 18 rushes in a shortened rookie year... WAIT FOR IT..... playing behind Charles and Jones... Or behind Bowe and Chambers...

You are literally arguing out of both sides of your mouth now.

LITERALLY..

ChiefGator
08-24-2011, 07:13 PM
I watched him play in the SEC, and it was clear he wasn't an NFL RB. That's why they drafted him to be a WR.

I don't know why they drafted him to be a WR.. seems pretty bonehead to me.

He should have been drafted to play exactly the type of role that Haley is talking about this year.

BossChief
08-24-2011, 07:15 PM
I laughed when I saw the guy put Chambers in his post like that is supposed to help his cause.

Really though, guys, this isnt gonna lead to anything fruitful for either side.

Its 100% a wait and see scenario.

Hammock Parties
08-24-2011, 07:16 PM

I said "tell me one play he made"

He did nothing in the passing game against Indy or Houston.

He had a 20-yard reverse against Houston, but any scrub WR could have run that for 20 yards, he didn't have to make a soul miss.

the Talking Can
08-24-2011, 07:17 PM
So.. Breaston caught 8 passes his rookie season because he was playing 3rd WR, while McCluster caught 20 catches and average a respectable number on 18 rushes in a shortened rookie year... WAIT FOR IT..... playing behind Charles and Jones... Or behind Bowe and Chambers...

You are literally arguing out of both sides of your mouth now.

LITERALLY..

Bryant Johnson was the Cardinals 3rd WR...Breaston was a 5th round pick that barely played on offense and still racked up 1,700 kick return yards...as a 5th round pick

you literally don't know anything about Breaston or McCluster...

BossChief
08-24-2011, 07:22 PM
I said "tell me one play he made"

He did nothing in the passing game against Indy or Houston.

He had a 20-yard reverse against Houston, but any scrub WR could have run that for 20 yards, he didn't have to make a soul miss.That would qualify for one play, then. I dont think he had the reverse without having to make anyone miss...can you show us a gif of the play?

he also had 9 touches for 69 yards against jacksonville in the next game (I think thats the game he got the HAS in).

Im just saying that I think you will end up eating your words on DMC.

If the kid didnt ever have that high ankle sprain, he may well have had 5-700 yards last year....maybe more, nobody knows.

I wouldnt be a bit shocked if the kid got 7-800 yards this year and is a big reason we win a couple close games.

Hammock Parties
08-24-2011, 07:24 PM
That would qualify for one play, then.

Yeah, like I said, anyone could have run that out.

he also had 9 touches for 69 yards against jacksonville.

Yes, that was a solid game. But my point was, even before the injury he was not doing much at all.

BossChief
08-24-2011, 07:26 PM
Yes, that was a solid game. But my point was, even before the injury he was not doing much at all.
untrue

Through his first 6 games in the NFL he had 207 yards from scrimmage...he ended the year with 280.

he was on pace for a strong rookie year till the HAS

ChiefGator
08-24-2011, 07:28 PM
Bryant Johnson was the Cardinals 3rd WR...Breaston was a 5th round pick that barely played on offense and still racked up 1,700 kick return yards...as a 5th round pick

You are the one trying to discount McCluster based on rookie stats. I'm trying to show you that rookie stats are fairly meaningless and, in fact, McCluster's weren't as bad as people like to view them.

you literally don't know anything about Breaston or McCluster

:: sigh :: Really?

Okay, for my retort... "No, YOU literally don't know anything about McCluster...."

ChiefGator
08-24-2011, 07:30 PM
I laughed when I saw the guy put Chambers in his post like that is supposed to help his cause.

Oh, why.. was the point that they were really good receivers? Maybe I missed that point. I thought he meant where Breaston was on the depth chart.

I think he had a great season BECAUSE there was so much focus on them. Once Boldin left and the team needed to rely on him, his numbers went down to average.

Hammock Parties
08-24-2011, 07:33 PM
untrue

Well, honestly, he was playing a lot of snaps as a WR and doing jack. I argued last year that it was irrelevant what he did as a RB because we already had a RB and we needed him to be a WR.

So I feel pretty confident in saying he wasn't doing much before the injury, regardless of what he picked up on handoffs.

Now he's not a WR at all so we're reduced to what he can do as a RB....I'm sure his playing time is going to increase. :rolleyes:

milkman
08-24-2011, 07:34 PM

I am not interested in this debate.

It's like dja vu all over agains.

But I have to say, you point to 207 yards in 6 games to support your side of this argument.

Think about that.

Just under 27 yards a game.

Hammock Parties
08-24-2011, 07:34 PM
I think he had a great season BECAUSE there was so much focus on them. Once Boldin left and the team needed to rely on him, his numbers went down to average.

Yeah or it could be that he was playing with a shitty QB

ChiefGator
08-24-2011, 07:37 PM
Yeah or it could be that he was playing with a shitty QB

Oh, then he is really going to do well here...

Welcome to KC!!!!

;)

Hammock Parties
08-24-2011, 07:40 PM
Oh, then he is really going to do well here...

Welcome to KC!!!!

;)

As shitty as Cassel is he is nowhere close to the level of shit running through Derek Anderson.

I don't think McBuster will ever come close to 700 yards in a season, anyway.

BossChief
08-24-2011, 07:40 PM
I am not interested in this debate.

It's like dja vu all over agains.

But I have to say, you point to 207 yards in 6 games to support your side of this argument.

Think about that.

Just under 27 yards a game.almost 35 yards per game, actually. thats 552 over a 16 game schedule and I think that would have been acceptable form a rookie.

that was mostly to point out the difference in production prior to and after the high ankle sprain.

207 in 6 >>>>>>>73 in the rest of the games

ChiefGator
08-24-2011, 07:44 PM
I don't think McBuster will ever come close to 700 yards in a season, anyway.

We'll see I guess. Last year he had almost 300 in 11 games, most of which he had a high-ankle sprain and being played out of position. And he added over 700 yards in returns, but I assume you mean from scrimmage.

I could easily see him having 500-700 yards from scrimmage by seasons end. He will do much better in his new hybrid position than how he was played last year.

chiefzilla1501
08-24-2011, 07:54 PM
I was as supportive of McCluster as anyone.

But that was based on giving him a shot in the slot. If they gave up on him in the slot, he is truly a gimmick player. Sorry, but his injury history in college was far from clean and it will be even worse when the guys tackling him are twice as big. Not to mention that I don't trust him to not fumble the ball.

I think he can be effective -- on third, you can put him in the backfield and motion him to the slot. But if this is the role he's playing, what a tremendous waste of a pick.

Hammock Parties
08-24-2011, 07:59 PM
And he added over 700 yards in returns, but I assume you mean from scrimmage.

That's the other thing....who cares?

The guy was a lousy returner outside of 2 or 3 plays.

He will do much better in his new hybrid position than how he was played last year.

Why? His snaps are going down, not up. Guaranteed.

chiefzilla1501
08-24-2011, 08:01 PM
almost 35 yards per game, actually. thats 552 over a 16 game schedule and I think that would have been acceptable form a rookie.

that was mostly to point out the difference in production prior to and after the high ankle sprain.

I think in fairness, we also have to bring up that he had a few big runs called back because of horse shit penalties. Including one that I think was 50+ yards that he took to the house, and another where his knee never touched the ground but they called him down. I don't think his year was as bad as people say, though it was still a bit disappointing.

But if he's not in the slot, he's a gimmick. I hate that that's true, but it is.

ChiefGator
08-24-2011, 08:02 PM
Why? His snaps are going down, not up. Guaranteed.

You think he will get less that the 3.9 touches (from scrimmage) he got a game last year?

BigMeatballDave
08-24-2011, 08:02 PM
That's the other thing....who cares?

The guy was a lousy returner outside of 2 or 3 plays.

Why? His snaps are going down, not up. Guaranteed.LMAO so much hatred. You know if Dex becomes a playmaker, these guys are gonna spam this place with your anti-Dex posts.

ChiefGator
08-24-2011, 08:04 PM
But if he's not in the slot, he's a gimmick. I hate that that's true, but it is.

They use to call the wishbone a gimmick. Then they called the forward pass a gimmick. Then they called the empty backfield a gimmick.

Well.. none of that may be true, but it was kinda fun to type.

Hammock Parties
08-24-2011, 08:05 PM
You think he will get less that the 3.9 touches (from scrimmage) he got a game last year?

The guy had 422 snaps last year in 11 games.

Yeah, the third RB is definitely going to average 40 snaps a game this year!

Hammock Parties
08-24-2011, 08:06 PM
They use to call the wishbone a gimmick. Then they called the forward pass a gimmick. Then they called the empty backfield a gimmick.

Well.. none of that may be true, but it was kinda fun to type.

Oh jesus christ....

DEXTER MCCLUSTER....AS REVOLUTIONARY AS THE FORWARD PASS!

DeezNutz
08-24-2011, 08:10 PM
I thought Wes Welker worked out of the slot.

BigMeatballDave
08-24-2011, 08:15 PM
I thought Wes Welker worked out of the slot.:rolleyes:

DeezNutz
08-24-2011, 08:16 PM
:rolleyes:

Are you a GM?

BossChief
08-24-2011, 08:19 PM
Sproles had 60 yards as a rook
195 in his second year
672 i his third
843 in his 4th
787 in his 5th

I think its reasonable to expect DMC to be on about that same line, but a year ahead due to team needs.

672 yards from scrimmage and 6 touchdowns is very close to what I see him producing for this team in 2011.

milkman
08-24-2011, 08:21 PM
almost 35 yards per game, actually. thats 552 over a 16 game schedule and I think that would have been acceptable form a rookie.

Sorry, got distracted and forgot what I was doing.

Still, 35 yards per game for a guy that is being pimped as sme big time playmaker are pretty mundane numbers that don't support the argument.

Hammock Parties
08-24-2011, 08:23 PM
Sproles was a 4th rounder.

No one here is bitching about DMC if he's a 4th rounder.

If he was the general consensus would be...."looked OK last year before the injury, hopefully he can contribute a few hundred yards this year as a RB, don't need him as a WR anymore."

BossChief
08-24-2011, 08:26 PM

Still, 35 yards per game for a guy that is being pimped as sme big time playmaker are pretty mundane numbers that don't support the argument.

That was just a start of the staff learning how to use him, though.

His best game as a pro was the one he got injured in.

9 touches, 69 yards.

I would think that if he had stayed healthy, his role may well have continued to increase the more they learned how to best utilize his skills.

Im not saying he is some big time playmaker, but I dont think he is as bad as most here paint him as, either.

BigMeatballDave
08-24-2011, 08:28 PM
Are you a GM?No, I missed my calling.

BossChief
08-24-2011, 08:31 PM
Sproles was a 4th rounder.

No one here is bitching about DMC if he's a 4th rounder.

If he was the general consensus would be...."looked OK last year before the injury, hopefully he can contribute a few hundred yards this year as a RB, don't need him as a WR anymore."

Sproles opened the door for guys of similar makeup to get drafted higher, though. The way teams had to account for him made the rest of the offense more lethal.

Really though, at this point its completely and totally pointless to argue where he was drafted....whats done is done.

If you guys are gonna hate on him because you feel he was overdrafted, Im with you on just that point...but if you fixate on that one point, you miss the larger ones.

BossChief
08-24-2011, 08:36 PM
CJ Spiller....a guy lots of folks here drooled about last year....only had 162 yards over the same 6 game span and he was a very high first round selection.

The reasoning behind most that wanted him was his versatility to play receiver or running back as well as special teams.

I dont want to go thread diving, but he was the highest response in the "if we arent gonna take Berry or a quarterback in this draft...who would be your next choice?"

Dexter did more with less and has similar versatility and yet people hate him...even though he was drafted almost a full round later.

Hammock Parties
08-24-2011, 08:37 PM
CJ Spiller played on a team where they refused to hand him the ball.

BossChief
08-24-2011, 08:43 PM
CJ Spiller played on a team where they refused to hand him the ball.

haha

So couldn't that be flipped to "DMC played in an offense where the quarterback couldn't get him the ball and he only had a handful of games before he got a high ankle sprain"

cmon man, Spiller didn't get the ball because Gailey thought his best back wasn't him...it was little old Fred Jackson from Coe College, Iowa.

Hootie
08-24-2011, 09:39 PM
It comes down to what I see from the kid...

When he was drafted, I figured he was drafted to be the Chiefs "Wes Welker"...I was wrong. Fine. Cool, I admit it...

Now I have seen him play and he reminds me of a Jamaal light...similar skill set, just smaller, and maybe even MORE elusive.

If his role was 10 carries a game...I could easily see him doing that. GoChiefs can't...cool...we disagree. Oh well. He knows no more or no less than me...he may be right, I may be right...I don't care...

It just makes me laugh that CHIEFS FANS can't be excited about the guy after his great game against Baltimore...

but hey, it's ChiefsPlanet...so whatever :)

BossChief
08-24-2011, 09:43 PM
nice to see ya back in the mix.

BossChief
08-24-2011, 09:44 PM
GoChiefs goofed a bit in this thread, I think.

The only reason I can see them moving the kid to running back is to get him the ball MORE.

Hammock Parties
08-24-2011, 09:51 PM
GoChiefs goofed a bit in this thread, I think.

The only reason I can see them moving the kid to running back is to get him the ball MORE.

Garbage.

They moved him to RB because he lacks as a WR, and why waste snaps on him when Breaston and Urban are better options.

It's not like they couldn't put him in the backfield whenever they wanted as a WR.....

NJChiefsFan
08-24-2011, 09:54 PM
He has had 1,000 yards in this league and two other very productive years.

Dexter has made a couple of plays.

The gap between them as players is astronomical.

The gap between the years they have played is also huge. Breaston gets a pass on his first year because of playing time but Dexter doesn't because of his injury/playing time? I am not saying the guy is going to be a great RB or WR, but I don't see him as a bust. I think he will help our offense.

Breaston has already proven he can have a full year of production and Dex hasn't. I am not saying Dex is above him. Maybe we just differ on our definition of a bust. I am not comparing him to the hype he got coming in, or to Wes Welker. I think the guy will help the offense in the roll he will get, which is a backup at RB and possibly slot. I like what he does when he gets space, and with our weapons defenses won't scheme for him. If they do scheme for him, thats a win right there.

To be fair, I think most people, those who haven't compared him to a guy already established in this league, aren't pimping him. We are just saying that calling him a bust is over the top. The guy makes plays in space. He has already shown that. To me, that in itself, will keep him from being a bust.

I am not going to put a projection on the guy, but I think if he can stay healthy, and who knows if that happens, he will help us. When he has guys like Breaston and Charles in front of him the production he needs to fill his role is not that much.

Urc Burry
08-24-2011, 09:57 PM
Garbage.

They moved him to RB because he lacks as a WR, and why waste snaps on him when Breaston and Urban are better options.

It's not like they couldn't put him in the backfield whenever they wanted as a WR.....

Why do you act like he didn't play RB at all last year? He had 18 carries, and I want to say at least half his receptions came out of the backfield. It's his natural position. And just about everyone would take Breaston over McCluster in the slot

Rasputin
08-24-2011, 10:02 PM

Your the one saying he can't play slot. We shal see after a few years of NFL play time at RB if they don't switch him over and play some slot. They are doing the right thing for him to run RB now. He is a quick little dude that can weave through defenses, hard to tackle somebody you can't touch.

He has taken "BIG" hits and has been able to shake it off and continue to make "BIG" plays. Your going to be quite amazed by what he can do for us out of the back field. You just have an opinion now that won't be changed untill after he proves you wrong. My opionion now is he is going kick ass this year with some big time plays as RB. He will also have some down games like most players have now and then. He sure is going make this team better.

I don't have unreal expectations that he will produce something every game, but the exitement is going be there most of the games as he get's on a roll.

His value as a 2nd round pick will come as he produces first downs and helps this team score points that lead us to victories. WTF it matter if he contributes as slot or RB as long as he is part of contributing to wins for the team? He exelled in college at RB so that's where he is now to best put him in position for success.

GoChiefs your just full of sh!t cuz nobody knows how he is going to turn out untill we get to see him play for a few seasons. I'm just glad the this organization took him so that we wouldn't have had to play against him and be made fools of.

Hammock Parties
08-24-2011, 10:04 PM
Why do you act like he didn't play RB at all last year? He had 18 carries, and I want to say at least half his receptions came out of the backfield. It's his natural position. And just about everyone would take Breaston over McCluster in the slot

OK....what is your point?

He played a shit ton of snaps split out wide. He started games at WR...we had crap for wide receivers last year so he played a lot there.

I guarantee you the majority of his snaps came at WR last year.

This year he will be lucky to get 200 snaps at RB. Thomas Jones had 471 snaps last year and now we have McClain to run the ball as well.

I will honestly start shitting a brick if people say they would rather hand the ball to McCluster over McClain....

Hammock Parties
08-24-2011, 10:05 PM
Your the one saying he can't play slot.

So are the Chiefs.

You don't announce a move to RB, sign a badass slot WR, and then keep a guy playing the slot.

Logic, how does it work.

BossChief
08-24-2011, 10:14 PM
Garbage.

If Jamaal Charles misses a few games, your gonna fall in love with the little midget.

Hammock Parties
08-24-2011, 10:21 PM
If Jamaal Charles misses a few games, your gonna fall in love with the little midget.

If Jamaal Charles misses a few games I sincerely hope McClain is carrying it 20 times.

BigMeatballDave
08-24-2011, 10:27 PM
If Jamaal Charles misses a few games I sincerely hope McClain is carrying it 20 times.Oh ye hath little faith.
I have a feeling people are going to be lining up to bump this thread.

BossChief
08-24-2011, 10:30 PM
somebody is gonna have a list of fail a mile long

kysirsoze
08-24-2011, 10:31 PM
Oh ye hath little faith.
I have a feeling people are going to be lining up to bump this thread.

Hopefully one of them isnt GoChiefs.

Blick
08-24-2011, 10:34 PM
I will honestly start shitting a brick if people say they would rather hand the ball to McCluster over McClain....

Do you feel a piece of brick poking out of your ass?

McClain was brought in to block. He's never averaged 4 ypc in his career.

McCluster will excel at the same runs that the Chiefs use for Charles.

Those running plays also happen to play to the strengths of our O-line. Even with the addition of Asamoah to the starting lineup, we still aren't a power running team.

Hammock Parties
08-24-2011, 10:38 PM
Do you feel a piece of brick poking out of your ass?

McClain was brought in to block. He's never averaged 4 ypc in his career.

McCluster will excel at the same runs that the Chiefs use for Charles.

Those running plays also happen to play to the strengths of our O-line. Even with the addition of Asamoah to the starting lineup, we still aren't a power running team.

Yeah, bullshit.

The guy is a beast at RB, he had 900 yards rushing one year. I don't give a shit about his YPC...go look up Marcus Allen's YPC with the Chiefs.

McClain can carry the rock and pound NFL defenses, McCluster just gets pounded.

Blick
08-24-2011, 10:44 PM
Yeah, bullshit.

The guy is a beast at RB, he had 900 yards rushing one year. I don't give a shit about his YPC...go look up Marcus Allen's YPC with the Chiefs.

McClain can carry the rock and pound NFL defenses, McCluster just gets pounded.

If you don't care about ypc, then what's wrong with Thomas Jones?

Brokedick can hit 900 yards if he gets enough carries.

LOL at you and your "he had 900 yards one year!!!!!!" argument.

Come the fuck on.

Hammock Parties
08-24-2011, 10:53 PM
If you don't care about ypc, then what's wrong with Thomas Jones?

Brokedick can hit 900 yards if he gets enough carries.

LOL at you and your "he had 900 yards one year!!!!!!" argument.

Come the fuck on.

Jones averaged 3.6 YPC because he was averaging 2 YPC in games by the end of the year and is slow as fuck.

McClain actually has speed. For fuck's sake, he had an 82 yard TD run.

He is a classic NFL power runner and should be fed the ball this year when Charles needs a breather.

Simply Red
08-24-2011, 10:53 PM
i hate to say it, but that boy is going to get hurt.

Rasputin
08-24-2011, 10:57 PM
So are the Chiefs.

You don't announce a move to RB, sign a badass slot WR, and then keep a guy playing the slot.

Logic, how does it work.

:BS: You don't know that the Chiefs won't eventually add McCluster to slot duties. Right now they are using him at RB because that is what he excelled in at college. (I don't care if he don't go to slot any time soon) I believe the plan is to get him going at RB to give him a comfortable feel to the NFL. As he develops they can do more with him down the road. Again time will tell how it turns out for him, for the team. Just YOU don't know sh!t about how best to utilize McCluster that helps us win games.

rocknrolla
08-24-2011, 10:57 PM
Oh snap!

Hammock Parties
08-24-2011, 11:00 PM
You don't know that the Chiefs won't eventually add McCluster to slot duties.

Give me one good reason why McCluster would play in the slot over Breaston.

Blick
08-24-2011, 11:04 PM
Jones averaged 3.6 YPC because he was averaging 2 YPC in games by the end of the year and is slow as ****.

McClain actually has speed. For ****'s sake, he had an 82 yard TD run.

He is a classic NFL power runner and should be fed the ball this year when Charles needs a breather.

Jesus Christ. McClain is a fullback.

I know he had a long run once. So did Jones last year. Big fuckin deal.

Why would we want to give the ball to a power runner when we don't have a power run blocking line?

-King-
08-24-2011, 11:05 PM
Jones averaged 3.6 YPC because he was averaging 2 YPC in games by the end of the year and is slow as fuck.

McClain actually has speed. For fuck's sake, he had an 82 yard TD run.

Jones had a 80 yard run....

Btw, I'm not arguing against you, just playing devils advocate
Posted via Mobile Device