PDA

View Full Version : Football Bye Bye Jesus

RustShack
08-22-2011, 07:49 PM
Trade-or-release talk surfaces for Tebow
Posted by Mike Florio on August 22, 2011, 9:14 PM EDT
Tim Tebow AP

Now that Broncos quarterback Tim Tebow has dropped to the bottom of the depth chart in Denver, there’s suddenly scuttlebutt and speculation that Tebow could be run out of town.

ESPN’s Chris Mortensen isn’t buying it. He reported earlier tonight on Monday Night Countdown that the Broncos recently gave Tebow a check for $6.7 million, part of the guaranteed money in his first-round rookie deal. Said Mort of Tebow, “They’re not about to trade him, they’re not about to release him.”

But the question of whether to keep or to move Tebow depends on much more than $6.7 million that the Broncos committed to pay when they signed him in 2010. The issue is whether the Broncos believe Tebow has a future with the team, and whether they want to keep him around if they’ve concluded that he doesn’t.

Though it’s very possible that new coach John Fox has decided that he’s not a believer in Tebow, it would be a mistake to run him off right now. Success of the franchise in 2011 would make a Tebow trade an easier pill for the locals to swallow, and Tebow’s presence provides a little leverage in the looming contract talks with Kyle Orton, who’ll be a free agent after this season.

Then there’s the challenge of finding a trade partner. Unless former Broncos coach Josh McDaniels parlays one season as the Rams’ offensive coordinator into a second bite at the NFL apple, there may be no one who’d want Tebow.

In the end, this is simply another example of the reality that a new head coach wants his own guy at quarterback. Tebow was the last guy’s guy, which makes the new guy naturally less inclined to keep him around, absent a reason to believe that Tebow is the real deal.

If Fox thought that, Tebow wouldn’t have fallen behind Brady Quinn.

CrazyPhuD
08-22-2011, 07:51 PM
Well Tebow, welcome to the real world...you may still be a 23yr old virgin but you're about to be fucked.

RNR
08-22-2011, 07:53 PM
I can see the headlines now...Al. Davis finds religion signs Tebow

Mr. Laz
Don't worry he always comes back

BossChief
I thought Curry was injured and going on IR for a career threatening injury or something.

listopencil
Depth Chart has him listed as #2...

http://www.denverbroncos.com/team/depth-chart.html

Chiefs Pantalones
08-22-2011, 07:57 PM
Great guy but not an NFL QB.

MIAdragon
08-22-2011, 08:06 PM
Great guy but not an NFL QB.

No but Id be shocked if cant transition over to another position, and maybe resurrect his career.

CrazyPhuD
08-22-2011, 08:16 PM
No but Id be shocked if cant transition over to another position, and maybe resurrect his career.

Has his agent given confirmation that he's willing to play another position?

Saul Good
08-22-2011, 08:17 PM

Must...Avoid...Resurrection...Joke...

threebag
08-22-2011, 08:18 PM
Has his agent given confirmation that he's willing to play another position?

Maybe he could dress as that dumbass donkey mascot thing.

KCUnited
08-22-2011, 08:19 PM
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world Tebow wasn't starting on Monday night.

boogblaster
08-22-2011, 08:19 PM
tightend maybe ....

Quesadilla Joe
08-22-2011, 08:20 PM
The national media is just trying to get clicks right now, as soon as it became clear Orton was going to be traded everybody in Denver knew who the number 1 QB would be. Tebow won't be cut, he won't be traded, teams have actually asked about the availability of Tebow and Denver has said "make us an offer we can't refuse" which means cough up a first round draft pick or a Pro Bowl defensive player.

Tebow is fine, he has the support of Broncos, he just can't run the offense better than Kyle Orton can right now. Tebow will be a huge piece to our red zone offense though.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-22-2011, 08:22 PM
The national media is just trying to get clicks right now, as soon as it became clear Orton was going to be traded everybody in Denver knew who the number 1 QB would be. Tebow won't be cut, he won't be traded, teams have actually asked about the availability of Tebow and Denver has said "make us an offer we can't refuse" which means cough up a first round draft pick or a Pro Bowl defensive player.

Tebow is fine, he has the support of Broncos, he just can't run the offense better than Kyle Orton can right now. Tebow will be a huge piece to our red zone offense though.

Do you still stand by your Tebow will be a hall of fame player crap you said last year?

MIAdragon
08-22-2011, 08:24 PM

:)

Saul Good
08-22-2011, 08:24 PM

They would do cartwheels if they could get a second rounder for him...they can't.

Quesadilla Joe
08-22-2011, 08:26 PM
Do you still stand by your Tebow will be a hall of fame player crap you said last year?

Yes. He will work his way there and he is a winner. He looked worlds better than I thought he would last season.

loochy
08-22-2011, 08:27 PM
Bring him in for a look.

/loochy ducks for cover

Chiefs Pantalones
08-22-2011, 08:30 PM
Yes. He will work his way there and he is a winner. He looked worlds better than I thought he would last season.

Wow lol

Dr. Johnny Fever
08-22-2011, 08:32 PM

Best. Homer. Ever.

Dante84
08-22-2011, 08:36 PM
I'd bet the Pats would give a 3rd or a 4th, but probably a 5th for him.

And they would use him in random ass packages.

Seems like a Pats move.

BigMeatballDave
08-22-2011, 08:38 PM
LMAO

Quesadilla Joe
08-22-2011, 08:40 PM
Wow lol

He threw for 300 yards in just his second NFL start and he happened to bring the Broncos back from a 17 point deficit in that game. John Elway didn't throw for 300 yards by his second NFL start, neither did Aikman, Brett Favre, Steve Young, or Joe Montana. Dan Marino is the only one that has that I have found.

Tebow can make all the throws in the NFL, he just has to be more consistent.

Mr. Laz
08-22-2011, 08:43 PM

too late

BigMeatballDave
08-22-2011, 08:44 PM
Oh, KnowMo LMAO homer overload

Dr. Johnny Fever
08-22-2011, 08:46 PM
He threw for 300 yards in just his second NFL start and he happened to bring the Broncos back from a 17 point deficit in that game. John Elway didn't throw for 300 yards by his second NFL start, neither did Aikman, Brett Favre, Steve Young, or Joe Montana. Dan Marino is the only one that has that I have found.

Excuse the baseball analogy but 19 major leaguers have hit home runs in their first at bat and never hit another. So.... I'm sure you're right about Tebow.

SoCalBronco
08-22-2011, 08:49 PM
The FO lacks the political capital to trade Tebow. Letting him twist in the wind is simply going to make people think the FO is even more incompetent than they already are.

This is not a PR game the team is going to win, so stop acting like douchebags.

BigMeatballDave
08-22-2011, 08:57 PM
If he's traded, will they leave a jock hanging in his locker like the Shroud of Turin?

BigMeatballDave
08-22-2011, 09:00 PM
The FO lacks the political capital to trade Tebow. Letting him twist in the wind is simply going to make people think the FO is even more incompetent than they already are.

This is not a PR game the team is going to win, so stop acting like douchebags.LMAO This is fucking Chiefsplanet, dude. We're discussing a division rival. We will be douchebags, and you will like it.

Saul Good
08-22-2011, 09:01 PM
LMAO This is fucking Chiefsplanet, dude. We're discussing a division rival. We will be douchebags, and you will like it.

reading FAIL

SoCalBronco
08-22-2011, 09:04 PM
LMAO This is ****ing Chiefsplanet, dude. We're discussing a division rival. We will be douchebags, and you will like it.

Wow, dude, do you need to take a reading comprehension class?

I was talking about our FO.

BigMeatballDave
08-22-2011, 09:04 PM
reading FAILWhat am I missing?

BigMeatballDave
08-22-2011, 09:07 PM
Wow, dude, do you need to take a reading comprehension class?

I was talking about our FO.I suppose, but it looks to me like you are referring to us as douchebags.

Whatever

cardken
08-22-2011, 09:40 PM
Chris Mortenson said at halftime of tonight's game, that Denver would not trade or release
Tebow. He was just given a 6.5 Million Dollar roster bonus today. Elway said Tebow is in their future, just not as of now. If they had intentions of trading him or releasing him, they would have done so before giving him all that money, hey?
Also, none of the Quarterbacks besides Tebow has years on their contracts past this year.

Okie_Apparition
08-22-2011, 09:48 PM
Tebow gave 6.4 million to his charities/nomo

lcarus
08-22-2011, 09:52 PM

If I recall, Tyler Thigpen threw for 3 TDs and 260 yards one of his first few starts. Then a few games later threw for 300 yards. So uh...take stats for what they are worth. Nothing really.

PunkinDrublic
08-22-2011, 09:54 PM
Prepare for the ressurection, in the CFL.

Rams Fan
08-22-2011, 10:15 PM

What the fuck does 300 yards have to do with anything?

listopencil
08-22-2011, 10:18 PM
I suppose, but it looks to me like you are referring to us as douchebags.

Whatever

You're a bunch of douchebags.

There. Feel better?

Barret
08-22-2011, 10:22 PM
If we are taking this whole Jesus analogy to it's extremes.....

If he is to be resurrected, doesn't he have to spend 3 days in Oakland first?

listopencil
08-22-2011, 10:24 PM
If I recall, Tyler Thigpen threw for 3 TDs and 260 yards one of his first few starts. Then a few games later threw for 300 yards. So uh...take stats for what they are worth. Nothing really.

Meh. I'm not all that concerned with his stats but he was effective when he went in. He did have the team playing better. Once he soaks it all in the kid is going to be a very, very good QB. HOF? Impossible to say. I believe he will be one of the top 10 QBs' in the league. Maybe higher.

BigMeatballDave
08-22-2011, 10:30 PM
Meh. I'm not all that concerned with his stats but he was effective when he went in. He did have the team playing better. Once he soaks it all in the kid is going to be a very, very good QB. HOF? Impossible to say. I believe he will be one of the top 10 QBs' in the league. Maybe higher.

That's not a bad KnowMo impression. A little thicker on the homerism next time.

listopencil
08-22-2011, 10:33 PM
That's not a bad KnowMo impression. A little thicker on the homerism next time.

LMAO- I'm, still searching google images for "hoof cross".

Gonzo
08-22-2011, 10:33 PM

You must be the best troll I have ever seen on any board, ever. You heard it here 1st ladies and gentlemen, Tim Tebow WILl be in the HOF even though he is benched behind a below-average, sub-par qb.
Dude, you have skills.
Posted via Mobile Device

Frankie
08-22-2011, 10:41 PM
Well Tebow, welcome to the real world...you may still be a 23yr old virgin but you're about to be ****ed.

Ahem!!!

http://www.pro-sportsmemorabilia.com/images/tebowdrewes.jpg

Tebow will be a huge piece to our red zone offense though. Piece of what?

If he's traded, will they leave a jock hanging in his locker like the Shroud of Turin?LMAO

Pasta Little Brioni
08-23-2011, 09:43 AM

Yet, he's backing up Kyle Orton ROFL

Dr. Johnny Fever
08-23-2011, 09:46 AM
Ahem!!!

I have pictures with my sister like that but I never hit her..... just sayin.

Frankie
08-23-2011, 10:20 AM

Is that his sis? I thought it was published as TT and girlfriend.

Dr. Johnny Fever
08-23-2011, 10:22 AM

Ugh... no. I was simply saying that just because he has a pic with a chick, gf or not, doesn't mean he isn't a virgin.

Frankie
08-23-2011, 10:27 AM
Ugh... no. I was simply saying that just because he has a pic with a chick, gf or not, doesn't mean he isn't a virgin.

10-4

Saul Good
08-23-2011, 10:36 AM

tooge
08-23-2011, 10:44 AM

Mods, can you ban people for just being a dumbass?

Frankie
08-23-2011, 11:07 AM

Relevance?

Mr. Plow
08-23-2011, 11:34 AM

LMAO

:clap:

Okie_Apparition
08-23-2011, 11:37 AM
Demetrius Thomas will have to feel the hole in Tebow's pride before he believes

threebag
08-23-2011, 07:38 PM
Knowmore bullshit than anyone else must have a good connection to some mean green.

KurtCobain
08-23-2011, 07:43 PM
I'd take tebow as a backup.

cabletech94
08-23-2011, 07:44 PM
Ahem!!!

Piece of what?

LMAO

i would be a motorboatin' sonofabitch right there!

KurtCobain
08-23-2011, 07:44 PM
Hey... I need you guys to go join my ff league.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=248794

MIAdragon
08-23-2011, 08:01 PM

If she looks like that you should.

Dr. Johnny Fever
08-23-2011, 08:04 PM
If she looks like that you should.

Well if she did..... maybe...

Ugly Duck
08-23-2011, 08:05 PM

Too late

Ugly Duck
08-23-2011, 08:10 PM
Tebow just can't run the offense better than Kyle Orton or Brady Quinn or Weber or anyone else in a Bronco uni can right now.

FYP

Hog's Gone Fishin
08-24-2011, 02:29 AM
Maybe he could dress as that dumbass donkey mascot thing.

:clap:

Direckshun
08-24-2011, 03:19 AM
If you're Buffalo... how do you NOT pick this guy off the waiver wire?

MagicHef
08-24-2011, 03:55 AM
If you're Buffalo... how do you NOT pick this guy off the waiver wire?

Well, mainly because he hasn't been cut. Also, he isn't going to be cut, no matter how many journalists write articles claiming otherwise.

Mile High Mania
08-24-2011, 04:36 AM
These are two of the dumbest and most misguided comments that I've read lately... you really just need to temper your enthusiasm and perceptions about what matters with a QB in the NFL.

It's ok to accept the fact that Tebow isn't going to be a contributor this year... it's fine. Denver's success is going to be predicated upon the defense and the ground game. Orton is a fine QB - one day, maybe Tebow can be better, but right now he's not... don't get wrapped around the axle with stats in games from last year that don't matter.

What does 300 yards mean? What does it matter? You understand that Reeves called a conservative game plan back in the early 80s - I realize you likely weren't born... and that Elway only had two 300 yard passing days in his first 2 seasons. (Broncos were still 22-10 overall)

Tebow vs Texans - You do realize this was against a defense that was as bad as Denver, right?

So, within the last month... show me the info that backs this up (regarding trades and the "make us an offer" comments).

The new regime is not going to trick up the offense at critical moments this year just to get a Tebow Wildcat formation... they're going to hammer the ball with McGahee and they're going to pass. They're not going to trot out Tebow for the 7 step panic drop back, then haul around the end and get hit at the one play.

ChiefGator
08-24-2011, 04:56 AM
they're going to hammer the ball with McGahee...

Wait.. what? McGahee is going to start over Moreno?

:: scrambles for his fantasy football rankings ::

Mile High Mania
08-24-2011, 05:02 AM
Wait.. what? McGahee is going to start over Moreno?

:: scrambles for his fantasy football rankings ::

No, I was referring to changes in the red zone offense... Moreno is still the lead dog, but from all that I've read (and saw vs BUF)... McGahee is likely the feature back when they on 3rd and goal or something like that. So, I could see him with a modest 400-600 yards and 8-10 TDs. Something that is very frustrating from a FFL perspective. :banghead:

ChiefGator
08-24-2011, 05:04 AM
No, I was referring to changes in the red zone offense... Moreno is still the lead dog, but from all that I've read (and saw vs BUF)... McGahee is likely the feature back when they on 3rd and goal or something like that. So, I could see him with a modest 400-600 yards and 8-10 TDs. Something that is very frustrating from a FFL perspective. :banghead:

Yeah, believe me... I know. I had Ray Rice the last two years in FFL. He got better near the end of last year, but he was constantly vultured by McClain and McGahee over the last two seasons.

MagicHef
08-24-2011, 05:06 AM
The new regime is not going to trick up the offense at critical moments this year just to get a Tebow Wildcat formation... they're going to hammer the ball with McGahee and they're going to pass. They're not going to trot out Tebow for the 7 step panic drop back, then haul around the end and get hit at the one play.

I don't remember this play happening. When was it? What I do remember is Tebow coming in at the goal line 4 times last season and scoring 4 touchdowns.

I actually don't have a problem with Tebow not seeing the field at all this year - as long as we're scoring touchdowns. If we're kicking a lot of field goals in the redzone, something else needs to happen.

Pasta Little Brioni
08-24-2011, 05:43 AM
MagicHef just hit his bong and images of a Tebow jump pass flashed before his eyes.

Quesadilla Joe
08-24-2011, 11:34 AM
Schefter: "Lets be clear about this, the Broncos are keeping Tim Tebow"

http://a1135.g.akamai.net/f/1135/18227/1h/cchannel.download.akamai.com/18227/podcast/DENVER-CO/KOA2-IP/8-24-11%20Adam%20Schefter%20on%20KOA.mp3

KCUnited
08-24-2011, 11:37 AM

http://a1135.g.akamai.net/f/1135/18227/1h/cchannel.download.akamai.com/18227/podcast/DENVER-CO/KOA2-IP/8-24-11%20Adam%20Schefter%20on%20KOA.mp3

Thank Bob Tebow.

Okie_Apparition
08-24-2011, 12:10 PM
He's in your hearts! In. Your. Hearts.

Dr. Johnny Fever
08-24-2011, 12:24 PM

Whew thats good. I was a little afraid they might let him go and replace him with someone competent. As you were... staying down bitches.

Mile High Mania
08-24-2011, 12:38 PM
I don't remember this play happening. When was it? What I do remember is Tebow coming in at the goal line 4 times last season and scoring 4 touchdowns.

I actually don't have a problem with Tebow not seeing the field at all this year - as long as we're scoring touchdowns. If we're kicking a lot of field goals in the redzone, something else needs to happen.

Yeah, that's the fix for the offense a first round QB to come in and run 3 yard scores... that's why they have Willis now and going back to using an actual FB in the running game.

Have you watched any of Tebow this year... like the Dallas game? There were a few good moments, but also a few bad. Tebow has time to learn and get better... there's honestly no rush in my mind to get him out there now. He's obviously not ready.

Frankie
08-24-2011, 12:52 PM
Would Elway be crazy enough about Luck to do something radical like lose all of this year's games or do trade his entire draft (+ Tebow)for the #1 pick? :hmmm:

ThaVirus
08-24-2011, 01:00 PM
Ahem!!!

Piece of what?

LMAO

Holy balls, she's fucking beautiful. Gorgeous. Stunning.

Frankie
08-24-2011, 01:21 PM
Holy balls, she's ****ing beautiful. Gorgeous. Stunning.

So is the girl with the long hair.