PDA

View Full Version : News Nick Wright gets fact checked

Titty Meat
08-23-2011, 03:47 PM
And today claims he's going to sue another blogger for libel ROFL

http://greghallkc.com/?p=559

Mojo Jojo
08-23-2011, 03:55 PM
How funny is it Greg Hall and Nick are in a pissing match. Hall is a much worse hack than Nick and that is saying a lot.

Bowser
08-23-2011, 03:55 PM
The replies are pretty good.

BossChief
08-23-2011, 03:56 PM
someone should retweet to Nick his tweet about how it had nothing to do with an injury.

eazyb81
08-23-2011, 04:00 PM
Nick Wright is such a flaming douche nozzle.

O.city
08-23-2011, 04:00 PM
Did anyone get to listen to what Wright had to say about the Baldwin Jones story yesterday?

He stated he had more info and nothing has come of it yet.

Rams Fan
08-23-2011, 04:01 PM
Didn't Wright take credit for what Chiefs&O's Fans tweeted?

blaise
08-23-2011, 04:01 PM
I doubt Nick checks every at tweet he gets. If he has 10K followers he probably gets them all day, and depending on the time of day or what he's doing he may not even look. If he's out and just wants to tweet something, he's not going to go and look through all his at tweets. (maybe he does, I'm just saying I would believe him if he says he doesn't)
He doesn't strike me as the kind that wouldn't RT a guy if he saw it. Not that I've given him scoops or anything but he's retweeted me before on stuff.
I give him the benefit of the doubt that he didn't see the tweet and when it came to his attention he tweeted about the guy.

Titty Meat
08-23-2011, 04:05 PM
Didn't Wright take credit for what Chiefs&O's Fans tweeted?

He always steals peoples shit. A few years ago I used to blog for fun and I wrote a little blurb about how we should go for Jared Gaither. He read what I said line for line as if it were his own thought. I didn't make a big deal out of it because it's a waste of time but yes Wright is notorious for stealing other peoples stuff.

Brock
08-23-2011, 04:07 PM
I like how Nick chastized Adam Schefter for reporting it without crediting Nick.

BigMeatballDave
08-23-2011, 04:09 PM
This guy sounds like a real cockbag.

CrazyPhuD
08-23-2011, 04:09 PM
Twitter fight? Is that the modern day gym locker slap fight?

Saulbadguy
08-23-2011, 04:10 PM
Sports journalists are hilarious.

Stewie
08-23-2011, 04:16 PM
I can't stand Nick Wright. He's a loudmouth thug wannabe. He's a white-bread dumbass who went to fucking Barstow for god's sake! Barstow! He could be an actor if he didn't look like a Circus sideshow freak.

Dylan
08-23-2011, 04:16 PM
GH: What’s this? Who is @WhiteMamba03? It turns out he is Luke Gassman, the guy who deserves credit for breaking this Baldwin/Jones story a full day before Wright claims to have broken it. What is even more problematic for Wright’s credibility is that @WhiteMamba03 has documented proof that he was the one who informed Wright of the story on Thursday.

LMAO

Saul Good
08-23-2011, 04:28 PM
It's okay. Nick sent him a note that read:

"Dear gas man. Went to Aspin. Sorry about the tweet."

http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x336/hshaebr/1.jpg

kysirsoze
08-23-2011, 04:34 PM
Do guys that get tweeted at like Nick Wright really read all of their mentions? I know it looks kinda bad, but it's hardly conclusive.

CaliforniaChief
08-23-2011, 04:39 PM
So if that's Nick's M.O., we ought to scoop him some nonfactual information and see him "take credit" for it.

I.E. The Flowers injury is much worse than anyone's letting on. Possible microfracture surgery.

And just see if he scoops it.

Titty Meat
08-23-2011, 04:42 PM
So if that's Nick's M.O., we ought to scoop him some nonfactual information and see him "take credit" for it.

I.E. The Flowers injury is much worse than anyone's letting on. Possible microfracture surgery.

That'd be hilarious.

MahiMike
08-23-2011, 04:43 PM
Why does anyone care who scooped it first? 9 times out of 10 the 1st report is inaccurate anyways.

-King-
08-23-2011, 05:16 PM
Nick did credit that @whitemamba03 guy for the scoop

-King-
08-23-2011, 05:19 PM
http://a0.twimg.com/profile_images/1462719089/260188_10100126872503336_5501868_47688976_4282267_n_normal.jpg
getnickwright (http://twitter.com/#%21/getnickwright) nick wright

It's being brought to my attention that a man named @WhiteMamba03 (http://twitter.com/WhiteMamba03) tweeted about a Baldwin-Jones fight yesterday... Props to him

19 Aug (http://twitter.com/#%21/getnickwright/status/104649837294780416) [/URL] (http://twitter.com/#)[URL="http://twitter.com/#"] (http://twitter.com/#)

DaFace
08-23-2011, 05:23 PM
I don't understand. Why do I care?
Posted via Mobile Device

Sure-Oz
08-23-2011, 05:28 PM
http://a0.twimg.com/profile_images/1462719089/260188_10100126872503336_5501868_47688976_4282267_n_normal.jpg
getnickwright (http://twitter.com/#%21/getnickwright) nick wright

It's being brought to my attention that a man named @WhiteMamba03 (http://twitter.com/WhiteMamba03) tweeted about a Baldwin-Jones fight yesterday... Props to him

19 Aug (http://twitter.com/#%21/getnickwright/status/104649837294780416) [/URL] (http://twitter.com/#)[URL="http://twitter.com/#"] (http://twitter.com/#)

Right....but he also thanked adam schefter for giving 610 credit and props...

Nick just gave a smartass response. I tweeted him *cough* bs *cough* and he said 'someone else tweeted about the broken finger, show me?
He didnt want to acknolwdge white mamba
Dumbass

Okie_Apparition
08-23-2011, 05:29 PM
610's sports radio future has a fork stuck in it. They'd get better ratings with a Fred Phelps show

-King-
08-23-2011, 05:35 PM
Right....but he also thanked adam schefter for giving 610 credit and props...

Nick just gave a smartass response. I tweeted him *cough* bs *cough* and he said 'someone else tweeted about the broken finger, show me?
He didnt want to acknolwdge white mamba
Dumbass

Nick didn't know about @whitemamba03 till the day after he broke it or very shortly afterwards atleast. @whitemamba didn't @ him when he originally broke the story. And since Nick doesn't follow him and since he only has about 100 followers, no one knew of it from him.

lcarus
08-23-2011, 05:36 PM
Since this thread is about sports media (kinda) I wanted to vent here. As I was listening to ESPN radio on my way home from work, I realized how much I ****ing HATE how people have to call a player a "football player" and a team "football team". We know what sport it is. That goes for coaches, players, and anyone involved in any media coverage or interview. Also...the National Football League. They can just shorten it to "the NFL" or "the league". Now excuse me, I must go pay my American Family Life Assurance Company bill.

chasedude
08-23-2011, 05:38 PM
The only ego I've seen bigger than musicians, sports journalists.

Nothing new here... carry on.

KCUnited
08-23-2011, 05:40 PM
Nick didn't know about @whitemamba03 till the day after he broke it or very shortly afterwards atleast. @whitemamba didn't @ him when he originally broke the story. And since Nick doesn't follow him and since he only has about 100 followers, no one knew of it from him.

Wright Knight

CoMoChief
08-23-2011, 05:41 PM
"It's been brought to my attention"

ROFL no shit, Nick

Jerm
08-23-2011, 05:43 PM
Nick Wright went from being about the only listenable thing on 610 when he first came along to being the biggest pretentious douchebag on K.C. radio, Keitzman and everyone else included.

The funny thing is, HE thinks he's a lot more popular and important than he really is...can't stand the fucking guy.

CaliforniaChief
08-23-2011, 05:45 PM
It wouldn't be a big deal if 610 and all his buddies didn't make it a big deal that he had it first.

Jerm
08-23-2011, 05:48 PM
It wouldn't be a big deal if 610 and all his buddies didn't make it a big deal that he had it first.

They're always doing shit like this...along with constantly taking cheap shots at 810.

It's one of those things where it's interesting and humorous at first but now it's just beyond old.

BWillie
08-23-2011, 05:49 PM
610's sports radio future has a fork stuck in it. They'd get better ratings with a Fred Phelps show

You apparently haven't seen the ratings that show 610 is now beating 810. And the gap is increasing.

Okie_Apparition
08-23-2011, 05:53 PM
death rattle

DeezNutz
08-23-2011, 05:56 PM
You apparently haven't seen the ratings that show 610 is now beating 810. And the gap is increasing.

I don't believe this. Link?

All I've heard is that 610's ratings are fucking brutal. Hell, when Whitlock was doing his most recent bullshit with Wright, they both conceded that they got their asses kicked by Kietzman.

Titty Meat
08-23-2011, 06:02 PM
The station has KU sports, Royals baseball, and Jim Rome. They are competing against a guy who talks about fucking bbq's and his golf game. I'd hope they would have higher ratings but it's not something to brag about.

CoMoChief
08-23-2011, 06:04 PM
The station has KU sports, Royals baseball, and Jim Rome. They are competing against a guy who talks about ****ing bbq's and his golf game. I'd hope they would have higher ratings but it's not something to brag about.

well during chiefs seasons....doesn't 810 have press rights to the Chiefs, while 610 doesn't.

with that said, 610 has better reporting, given there is no real business relationship like there is w/ 810.

Titty Meat
08-23-2011, 06:10 PM
well during chiefs seasons....doesn't 810 have press rights to the Chiefs, while 610 doesn't.

with that said, 610 has better reporting, given there is no real business relationship like there is w/ 810.

That's true but it's basically a repeat of 101 The Fox's post game show hosted by Danny Clinksdale. Not exactly worth tuning in for.

Okie_Apparition
08-23-2011, 06:22 PM
Hello, you're on the air with Fred Phelps. What's your question

BigRedChief
08-23-2011, 06:27 PM
FTR, I've never passed on anything from Nick Wright.

seclark
08-23-2011, 06:40 PM

sad...how close are you two?
sec

Saul Good
08-23-2011, 06:40 PM
1. Kietzman sucks

2. Wright sucks worse

3. Wright's numbers are inflated because he often gets bumped for Royals games during his time slot which draw about double the ratings that Wright gets. Because ratings are based on time slots, Wright takes credit for this.

4. Kietzman's ratings still kick the shit out of Wright's, especially among key demo's

5. 610 calls themselves the most listened to sports station in KC because more people tune into Royals games than anything else. Therefore, more total people listen to 610 at some time in their lives than any other station.

Bambi
08-23-2011, 06:43 PM
I want to like Nick Wright's show but I can't stand single host talk radio. It's so boring. Mike Francesa has never been the same after Dog left.

That's why even though there's a lot of garbage to sift through I usually listen to Petro and KK during the week.

Hammock Parties
08-23-2011, 06:43 PM
the assclown of the airwaves

Bambi
08-23-2011, 06:44 PM
3. Wright's numbers are inflated because he often gets bumped for Royals games during his time slot which draw about double the ratings that Wright gets. Because ratings are based on time slots, Wright takes credit for this.

Ahhhhhh, good point

Saul Good
08-23-2011, 06:47 PM
To be fair, Nick makes it pretty clear that he knows the ratings are bullshit and that there's a directive from higher up that everyone is to refer to 610 as the most listened to sports station in KC. He's pretty sheepish about it.

BWillie
08-23-2011, 07:49 PM

Somebody posted a graph showing it a few months ago probably in one of these 810 vs 610 debates. I couldn't believe it either because everybody seems to tout 810 as the leader.

Gonzo
08-23-2011, 08:19 PM

You better PM that shit...
He'd know it would be bull shit if you posted it here. Where do you think he gets most of his stories?
Posted via Mobile Device

lcarus
08-23-2011, 08:23 PM
I'm almost glad I live out of state now. Sounds like the local airwaves there are polluted. It's like TMZ raped Twitter and these stations are their rape babies.

Mojo Jojo
08-23-2011, 08:24 PM

They are beating WHB in the ratings.

Okie_Apparition
08-23-2011, 08:34 PM
I was wrong
but it felt so Wright

Messier
08-23-2011, 08:44 PM

I gotta go with Saul's idea on this one. The Royals games pump up the ratings. It can't be the shows, they are just awful.

Titty Meat
08-23-2011, 08:48 PM
Nick Wright's dad is suing a blogger for reporting untrue information. Irony?

http://midwestdemocracyproject.org/blogs/entries/lawsuit-filed-against-kc-blogger/

Phobia
08-23-2011, 09:08 PM
I don't listen to Nick Wright but if a non-journalist tips him a story and he breaks it over the waves then he broke it. Journalists have sources. That tweet is essentially a source.

Saul Good
08-23-2011, 09:10 PM

WHB kicks their asses from October through March. 610 jumps up every April when baseball starts, but their numbers dwindle as the Royals fall further out of contention. This isn't rocket science.

More people listen to Kietzman's dumb ass than listen to Wright's dumber ass, and it's not particularly close. It's 3:2 or more in the key demo's.

Saul Good
08-23-2011, 09:11 PM
I don't listen to Nick Wright but if a non-journalist tips him a story and he breaks it over the waves then he broke it. Journalists have sources. That tweet is essentially a source.

If you post it on Twitter, that's public enough to be credited. Wright knows this, or he wouldn't have pretended that he didn't know about the tweet until someone "informed" him.

-King-
08-23-2011, 09:15 PM
If you post it on Twitter, that's public enough to be credited. Wright knows this, or he wouldn't have pretended that he didn't know about the tweet until someone "informed" him.

How do you know that he pretended to not know? He's not following the guy or anything and he has 10,000 followers mentioning him daily so...

KcMizzou
I don't listen to Nick Wright but if a non-journalist tips him a story and he breaks it over the waves then he broke it. Journalists have sources. That tweet is essentially a source.I wondered about that. I mean, it's a tweet from some random dude. If he sees it, sniffs around a little bit, and confirms and decides to go public with it... isn't that enough to claim "breaking" the story?

The internet is changing everything. Hard to know what the rules are.

Silock
I can't stand Nick Wright. He's a loudmouth thug wannabe. He's a white-bread dumbass who went to fucking Barstow for god's sake! Barstow! He could be an actor if he didn't look like a Circus sideshow freak.

What's wrong with Barstow?

<- Barstow alum

Saul Good
08-23-2011, 09:18 PM

<- Barstow alum

Nothing's wrong with Barstow as long as you don't go there and then pretend to be from the hood.

<- Went to Barstow from 4th grade through 8th grade

Saul Good
08-23-2011, 09:20 PM
How do you know that he pretended to not know? He's not following the guy or anything and he has 10,000 followers mentioning him daily so...

Nick is a freak about checking that shit. The guy tweeted it to him, and he makes it very clear that he follows that shit very closely.

He's not stupid. He knew exactly what he was doing.

Brock
08-23-2011, 09:21 PM
Nick is a freak about checking that shit. The guy tweeted it to him, and he makes it very clear that he follows that shit very closely.

Yep. If Nick didn't get it off his his twitter, where the hell did he get it from?

-King-
08-23-2011, 09:24 PM

<- Barstow alum

Lol he's just talking about how Nick pretends he has a rep and has street cred despite coming from a upper class area/school.

Saul Good
08-23-2011, 09:24 PM
Yep. If Nick didn't get it off his his twitter, where the hell did he get it from?

He didn't do the research himself, that's for sure. I don't mind that he didn't credit some random dude on Twitter. What I mind is that he took credit for breaking it. Maybe you don't have to credit Gassman, but you don't get to credit yourself.

BossChief
08-23-2011, 09:25 PM

especially when shortly before, he tweeted that the reason Baldwin was missing had NOTHING TO DO WITH ANY INJURY.

Dude stole the information to use for his own benefit and when things had cooled down, credited the guy with the information.

It was a bitch move, from a guy that looks like he lives in his grandmothers basement.

Phobia
08-23-2011, 09:25 PM

I used to have people PM me pretty frequently with stuff. That's how I got the Passion Party story prior to the Steelers debacle. Spent an entire day confirming the story through the hotel GM, Passion Party CEO, and the Chiefs only to get squashed by Scout. So I gave it to Whitlock.

-King-
08-23-2011, 09:26 PM

I doubt he looks at all his mentions http://twitter.com/#!/search/realtime/%40Getnickwright

Put it like this, if you were a journalist...would you trust some guy with 90 followers who likely has NO connection with the team? I mean, Baldwin fighting Jones is pretty far fetched. I'd think Nick did a little more homework before throwing it out there.

I could be overestimating him though.

Saul Good
Lol he's just talking about how Nick pretends he has a rep and has street cred despite coming from a upper class area/school.

Dude rails against white privilege at every turn but doesn't want to acknowledge that he's not sitting in that chair if his parents hadn't made sacrifices in their lives so that he could have every opportunity to succeed. His ass has been bailed out of more than a few messes in his time.

Phobia
especially when shortly before, he tweeted that the reason Baldwin was missing had NOTHING TO DO WITH ANY INJURY.

Dude stole the information to use for his own benefit and when things had cooled down, credited the guy with the information.

It was a bitch move, from a guy that looks like he lives in his grandmothers basement.

He didn't steal it. Let's not be ridiculous. Sources scoop journalists all the time. The journalists aren't always digging up info they generally have a source.

Saul Good
08-23-2011, 09:27 PM
I used to have people PM me pretty frequently with stuff. That's how I got the Passion Party story prior to the Steelers debacle. Spent an entire day confirming the story through the hotel GM, Passion Party CEO, and the Chiefs only to get squashed by Scout. So I gave it to Whitlock.

PMs are one thing. This guy posted it publicly on Twitter. Also, I have no idea what Party you're talking about.

Phobia
08-23-2011, 09:27 PM
I doubt he looks at all his mentions http://twitter.com/#!/search/realtime/%40Getnickwright

Put it like this, if you were a journalist...would you trust some guy with 90 followers who likely has NO connection with the team? I mean, Baldwin fighting Jones is pretty far fetched. I'd think Nick did a little more homework before throwing it out there.

I could be overestimating him though.

The rule of thumb is to have at least 2 sources confirm.

Saul Good
08-23-2011, 09:28 PM
He didn't steal it. Let's not be ridiculous. Sources scoop journalists all the time. The journalists aren't always digging up info they generally have a source.

Then credit your source...or don't credit anybody. Just don't credit yourself when you weren't the one who did the legwork.

Phobia
08-23-2011, 09:30 PM
PMs are one thing. This guy posted it publicly on Twitter. Also, I have no idea what Party you're talking about.

Sex toys convention at the team hotel prior to a Chiefs @ Heinz game a few years back. The Chiefs rolled over and got destroyed. A source tipped me that a possible reason was 13 Chiefs in a room full of women and sex toys. I checked the story and confirmed it. Wrote an article about it and upper mgmt at Scout squashed the story.

BossChief
08-23-2011, 09:32 PM

Then wouldn't passing on the information without crediting the source be a brand of stealing?...that is unless the source wanted to remain anonymous...where it would be printed as "________ this information was given to us by a source that chooses to remain anonymous." or "a team source stated that..."

That's the proper way of doing things, isn't it?

Maybe steal it was a bit over the top, but this seems like a brother or sister of theft to me.

Phobia
08-23-2011, 09:34 PM
Then credit your source...or don't credit anybody. Just don't credit yourself when you weren't the one who did the legwork.

Nick Wright is doing the legwork by being on the radio every single day becoming known and making himself available to report tips. Nobody credits random tips unless the source wants to be quoted. Most don't. They want to stay out of it. JoeBlow tweeter isn't somebody you source on the air. Presumably Nick got the tweet and confirmed it through other means. That's doing legwork.

I get the "I broke it" brag. It means you have solid sources and you're working hard. It doesn't matter to 99% of listeners but I understand why guys boast about breaking news.

Phobia
08-23-2011, 09:36 PM
Then wouldn't passing on the information without crediting the source be a brand of stealing?...that is unless the source wanted to remain anonymous...where it would be printed as "________ this information was given to us by a source that chooses to remain anonymous." or "a team source stated that..."

That's the proper way of doing things, isn't it?

Maybe steal it was a bit over the top, but this seems like a brother or sister of theft to me.

For me, I wouldn't source a random twitter pseudonym. If a guy were using his given name for his twitter u/n I'd source him. That's the difference for me. I'm not saying I'm the authority on this rule, that's just my comfort level. I'm not really a journalist though. I'm a hobbyist. An amateur, if you will.

BossChief
08-23-2011, 09:39 PM
For me, I wouldn't source a random twitter pseudonym. If a guy were using his given name for his twitter u/n I'd source him. That's the difference for me. I'm not saying I'm the authority on this rule, that's just my comfort level. I'm not really a journalist though. I'm a hobbyist. An amateur, if you will.

You should probably get back into it then, because the guys that are running the show these days are garbage IMO.

Shit, I wonder how hard it would be to start ChiefsPlanet radio?

Got any ideas for initial overhead for something like that?

tk13
08-23-2011, 09:40 PM
Unless this guy on twitter had some kind of following, or blog, I don't think you credit him with breaking anything. If you did things that way, no journalist would ever technically break any story. Of course if he's running a story based solely on a random tweet, that's probably not a good idea.

KcMizzou
08-23-2011, 09:40 PM
You should probably get back into it then, because the guys that are running the show these days are garbage IMO.

Got any ideas for initial overhead for something like that?LMAO

Might start with a podcast.

BossChief
08-23-2011, 09:42 PM
LMAO

Might start with a podcast.

Yeah, wed most likely get fined by the FCC weekly.

-King-
08-23-2011, 09:44 PM
Unless this guy on twitter had some kind of following, or blog, I don't think you credit him with breaking anything. If you did things that way, no journalist would ever technically break any story. Of course if he's running a story based solely on a random tweet, that's probably not a good idea.

:clap: This.

Phobia
08-23-2011, 09:44 PM

Got any ideas for initial overhead for something like that?
Almost zero. Don't think I'm very interested. There are already half a dozen guys doing Chiefs podcasts that aren't very interesting. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be very interesting either.

BossChief
08-23-2011, 09:47 PM
Is there any money in something like that, if you get a lot of followers?

Phobia
08-23-2011, 09:49 PM
Is there any money in something like that, if you get a lot of followers?

If you're friendly with Carl Peterson, apparently.

BossChief
08-23-2011, 09:52 PM
If you're friendly with Carl Peterson, apparently.

who?

haha

Titty Meat
08-23-2011, 10:04 PM
Sex toys convention at the team hotel prior to a Chiefs @ Heinz game a few years back. The Chiefs rolled over and got destroyed. A source tipped me that a possible reason was 13 Chiefs in a room full of women and sex toys. I checked the story and confirmed it. Wrote an article about it and upper mgmt at Scout squashed the story.

LMAO I never heard about this.

Phobia
08-23-2011, 10:07 PM
LMAO I never heard about this.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=150465&page=2

Messier
08-23-2011, 10:15 PM
I hate the whole, I broke the story, thing anyway. As far as I can tell it matters to their peers, and that's about it. And if that's the case, then whenever a media personality says, I'm not the story, I don't want to be the story. It's a lie. Of course they want to be the story. It's like whenever a big story breaks on 810 Kevin Keitzman pulls rank, and no matter whose show is on the air, he breaks in to report the story, and the host of the show can't even mention it until after Keitzman has come on.

KcMizzou
08-23-2011, 10:20 PM
I hate the whole, I broke the story, thing anyway. As far as I can tell it matters to their peers, and that's about it. And if that's the case, then whenever a media personality says, I'm not the story, I don't want to be the story. It's a lie. Of course they want to be the story. It's like whenever a big story breaks on 810 Kevin Keitzman pulls rank, and no matter whose show is on the air, he breaks in to report the story, and the host of the show can't even mention it until after Keitzman has come on.News these days comes instantly. True or false. All these guys can really do is try find sources to confirm it. It's a mad scramble to be first, and that makes it easy to fuck up.

Phobia
08-23-2011, 10:24 PM
I hate the whole, I broke the story, thing anyway. As far as I can tell it matters to their peers, and that's about it. And if that's the case, then whenever a media personality says, I'm not the story, I don't want to be the story. It's a lie. Of course they want to be the story. It's like whenever a big story breaks on 810 Kevin Keitzman pulls rank, and no matter whose show is on the air, he breaks in to report the story, and the host of the show can't even mention it until after Keitzman has come on.

It's overrated amongst the journalism community, that's for sure. I'm the tiny fish in a community with 3 newspapers. But the big guy always plays like they were the only one on the scene or they were first or all this other stuff even when it's not true. It's mostly insecurity, I'd venture. These guys aren't really paid a whole lot and most of their shows are a bunch of bluster. Of course they make it about themselves. It's a common theme across the lot of them. It is what it is and nothing is going to change it. It's especially common in this town because the Chiefs are pretty tight-lipped and they won't hesitate to throw you out if you cross them.

Messier
08-23-2011, 10:24 PM
News these days comes instantly. True or false. All these guys can really do is try find sources to confirm it. It's a mad scramble to be first, and that makes it easy to **** up.

The news comes fast and so does the analysis. Before they even know what's happening they come in with their "take".

Phobia
08-23-2011, 10:26 PM
The news comes fast and so does the analysis. Before they even know what's happening they come in with their "take".

I used to listen to sports-talk all day long. I can't remember the last time I tuned in to 810/610 though. I haven't heard Nick Wright since he was just a n00b and he's been working in KC what, 5 years now?

lostcause
08-23-2011, 10:30 PM
Who scooped who is important, and I disagree with most on here who say it's only important to the journalists. I would bet that most people here when looking for say, Chiefs news, go to certain places first on the internet that have proven to be quicker up to date and accurate than others.

edit: and seriously, the REPOST police on this board only give credence to the fact that who delivers the news first owns it and everybody else should fuck off.

KcMizzou
08-23-2011, 10:34 PM
Who scooped who is important, and I disagree with most on here who say it's only important to the journalists. I would bet that most people here when looking for say, Chiefs news, go to certain places first on the internet that have proven to be quicker up to date and accurate than others.

edit: and seriously, the REPOST police on this board only give credence to the fact that who delivers the news first owns it and everybody else should **** off.Alright... we know it's you, Nick.

Phobia
08-23-2011, 10:36 PM

edit: and seriously, the REPOST police on this board only give credence to the fact that who delivers the news first owns it and everybody else should **** off.

Solid point. Lots of people say they come here because everything important is posted here first or moments after it appears elsewhere. Maybe the casual reader/listener just hates it when guys toot their own horn.

Messier
08-23-2011, 10:36 PM
I used to listen to sports-talk all day long. I can't remember the last time I tuned in to 810/610 though. I haven't heard Nick Wright since he was just a n00b and he's been working in KC what, 5 years now?

I first heard him when he was on in the evening, like 6-8. That was about 4 years ago. He seemed like one of those guys that isn't all that good so they give them a show at 6 A.M. sunday morning or something. It's weird that now he's their flagship host.

610 keeps hiring Nike Wright clones from out of town who I assume see KC as a stepping stone to bigger markets. I guess that's the one thing I like about 810. They're all from here, and they know the history of the local teams.

lostcause
08-23-2011, 10:38 PM
Alright... we know it's you, Nick.

nope, but here's some pictures of today's MU practice: (http://www.columbiamissourian.com/stories/2011/08/23/photo-gallery-mu-football-players-prepare-season-opener/)

Phobia
08-23-2011, 10:42 PM
Thanks for bringing sexy back, Robson.

lostcause
08-23-2011, 10:43 PM
Thanks for bringing sexy back, Robson.

anytime!

blaise
08-23-2011, 10:44 PM
I first heard him when he was on in the evening, like 6-8. That was about 4 years ago. He seemed like one of those guys that isn't all that good so they give them a show at 6 A.M. sunday morning or something. It's weird that now he's their flagship host.

610 keeps hiring Nike Wright clones from out of town who I assume see KC as a stepping stone to bigger markets. I guess that's the one thing I like about 810. They're all from here, and they know the history of the local teams.

The problem is the 810 guys have gotten way to comfortable. Kietzman thinks he can just roll in, do golf talk and Smoke N Fire commercials and people are just going to eat it up. I was listening to Kietzman one day and it was like 4:30 and he wanted to look something up, so he goes, "Let me turn on the computer here...give me a minute....haven't even turned on the computer all day." Really? That just tells me you're just taking the audience for granted.

Phobia
08-23-2011, 10:45 PM
anytime!

You need any shots of big Evan Boehm for interest in the Columbian feel free to hit up http://www.facebook.com/GreenSummitDispatch We cover the Titans weekly so there might be something in there for you.

Phobia
08-23-2011, 10:47 PM
The problem is the 810 guys have gotten way to comfortable. Kietzman thinks he can just roll in, do golf talk and Smoke N Fire commercials and people are just going to eat it up. I was listening to Kietzman one day and it was like 4:30 and he wanted to look something up, so he goes, "Let me turn on the computer here...give me a minute....haven't even turned on the computer all day." Really? That just tells me you're just taking the audience for granted.

I don't think criticizing KK is wrong. But I do think you're making a leap with your assumption there.

KcMizzou
08-23-2011, 10:48 PM
nope, but here's some pictures of today's MU practice: (http://www.columbiamissourian.com/stories/2011/08/23/photo-gallery-mu-football-players-prepare-season-opener/)Well damn. I seem to have some egg on my face. My apologies.... and thank you.

Phobia
08-23-2011, 10:49 PM
Well damn. I seem to have some egg on my face. My apologies.... and thank you.

Don't kiss his ass now that you know he broke some practice pics of the Tigers. He was first!!!!

KcMizzou
08-23-2011, 10:50 PM
Don't kiss his ass now that you know he broke some practice pics of the Tigers. He was first!!!!LMAO

Hey, it's Mizzou. :shrug:

Messier
08-23-2011, 10:53 PM

Oh, I agree. KK has become what he used to make fun of Don Fortune for being.

Titty Meat
08-23-2011, 10:57 PM

edit: and seriously, the REPOST police on this board only give credence to the fact that who delivers the news first owns it and everybody else should **** off.

Nick Wright sucks his own dick it would be no surprise to tune in one day only to hear him sucking his own dick on air.

blaise
08-23-2011, 10:58 PM
I don't think criticizing KK is wrong. But I do think you're making a leap with your assumption there.

It's just my opinion and the feeling I get when I listen to him. I don't know the man personally and I don't know what he does during the day, but I get the impression he's been coasting. And I had felt that way before I heard him talk about his computer; hearing him say what he said just sort of amplified it for me. And I feel like the Smoke N Fire segments in drive time are inexcusable. It comes across as a paid program where you hear Kietz and Danny slobber over a bunch of food on air. Maybe some people like it, but I don't know if I've ever heard someone say they like it.

I think his best asset is that he's a good salesman. I think the pitch he does for his sponsors on his reads is better than anyone else on sports radio in KC.

Silock
08-23-2011, 11:37 PM
Dude rails against white privilege at every turn but doesn't want to acknowledge that he's not sitting in that chair if his parents hadn't made sacrifices in their lives so that he could have every opportunity to succeed. His ass has been bailed out of more than a few messes in his time.

Maybe I don't listen to his show enough, but I never got that impression.