PDA

View Full Version : Life Calif. baby tossed from building; mom arrested

Donger
08-23-2011, 04:15 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/calif-baby-tossed-building-mom-arrested-124242460.html

ORANGE, Calif. (AP) — A Southern California woman accused of tossing her 7-month-old son from the fourth floor of a hospital parking structure was arrested after she circled back to the scene four hours later, a police spokesman said Tuesday.

Sonia Hermosillo, 31, of La Habra was arrested Monday night, hours after the baby was thrown over a parking structure railing at Children's Hospital of Orange County, Orange police Sgt. Dan Adams said.

The infant remained in critical condition Tuesday at the University of California, Irvine, Medical Center, which has a trauma unit.

Hermosillo, who could make a first court appearance as early as Wednesday, was being held without bail for investigation of attempted murder and is undergoing a psychological evaluation in the jail's medical ward, said Orange County sheriff's spokesman Jim Amormino. She was also on an immigration hold, he said.

A message left at a cell phone number associated with Hermosillo's address was not immediately returned Tuesday.

Police have not released a motive and the Orange County district attorney's office declined to comment until prosecutors there received the case from detectives, said Farrah Emami, district attorney spokeswoman.

"Our investigators did tell me that they're certain she's the suspect and we're not looking for any other suspects," Adams said.

A witness on the ground saw the baby falling through the air just after 6 p.m. Monday and called 911, authorities said.

Surveillance video showed Hermosillo's tan Chevrolet Blazer sport utility vehicle with an empty child seat leaving the parking structure a short time later, the sergeant said. The female driver was the only person in the SUV, and the license plate was traced to the Hermosillo home.

Adams said that during the investigation, the La Habra Police Department notified detectives that a man had reported his wife, Sonia Hermosillo, and their son missing.

An Orange police officer driving past Children's Hospital at 10:15 p.m. spotted the Blazer driving on a street about 100 yards from the crime scene and Hermosillo was at the wheel, Adams said.

Police said Tuesday that Hermosillo was cooperating with the investigation. They declined to release any further details.

Court records in Orange County indicate Hermosillo has no major criminal record but pleaded guilty to four traffic violations in La Habra in 2008, including driving without a valid license and having no proof of insurance.

It's unclear whether the family had any connection to Children's Hospital before the incident, Adams said. A hospital spokeswoman referred all calls to police.

Chiefaholic
08-23-2011, 04:23 PM
What the hell could be so bad in life to drive somebody to do something this stupid? If you don't want the kid, there are THOUSANDS of parents willing to take the child off your hands.

BossChief
08-23-2011, 04:25 PM
"The infant remained in critical condition Tuesday at the University of California, Irvine, Medical Center, which has a trauma unit."

thats even more incredible that the story itself.

BigMeatballDave
Someone should toss that bitch off the building.

kysirsoze
Surveillance video showed Hermosillo's tan Chevrolet Blazer sport utility vehicle with an empty child seat leaving the parking structure a short time later, the sergeant said. The female driver was the only person in the SUV, and the license plate was traced to the Hermosillo home.

Wouldn't have wanted the littel tyke to get hurt on the way.

Oh, and how the fuck did a baby survive a four story fall? Tough Bastard. Hope he pulls through.

ModSocks
08-23-2011, 05:45 PM
What's the need to mention the state in the thread title?

KurtCobain
08-23-2011, 05:47 PM

Maybe Dane was said baby?

chasedude
08-23-2011, 05:48 PM
Someone should toss that bitch off the building.

This! :cuss:

Donger
08-23-2011, 05:48 PM

I presume so that readers would be aware of where this happened.

ModSocks
08-23-2011, 05:51 PM
I presume so that readers would be aware of where this happened.

Well...typically that's mentioned in the article...usually at the top.

Oh look at that, it is.

Just found it odd that you felt the need to go out of your way to do that....

Donger
08-23-2011, 05:55 PM
Well...typically that's mentioned in the article...usually at the top.

Oh look at that, it is.

Just found it odd that you felt the need to go out of your way to do that....

I didn't go out of my way to do that. My thread title is a cut and paste of the actual article title.

ModSocks
08-23-2011, 05:56 PM
I didn't go out of my way to do that. My thread title is a cut and paste of the actual article title.

My bad. I apologize.

Here, have some rep.

Al Bundy
08-23-2011, 05:56 PM
Bring the infant in for a look at tackle?

ModSocks
08-23-2011, 05:58 PM
Bring the infant in for a look at tackle?

We already have an injured LT. No need for another one.

Backwards Masking
08-23-2011, 05:59 PM
I don't understand why this woman didn't just have an abortion, not trying to be a troll of get this moved to DC just don't understand - why go through the pain and hospital cost of giving birth only to turn around and throw him/her out the window?

Jerm
08-23-2011, 06:01 PM
Shit like this is why instead of arresting people that do things like this, they just should have a bullet put in their head and call it a day.

Bugeater
08-23-2011, 06:01 PM
Because Donger hates California. That's why your gas prices are so high as well.

ModSocks
08-23-2011, 06:02 PM
Severe Postnatal depression?

Anywho....Helluva story to tell when you get older.

"you think your life sucks? My mother threw me out a fucking window when i was born..."

JD10367
08-23-2011, 06:05 PM
I wish someone would elect me King Of The World. I would reduce the population immediately and extensively.

There's no need for trials, lawyers, evaluations, or wasting prison space, food, or clothes. Just ****ing kill her. Throw HER off a building and, if she's still alive after she hits ground, have a firing squad start at her feet and shoot their way up to her head.

Here's another great example of "why capital punishment needs to be mandatory and quickly efficient". I have never broken a law in my life, but I am seriously considering driving down to CT and finding this mother****er and bashing him repeatedly with a bat until dead.

http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/local/Dog-Stabbed-New-Haven-Man-Arrested-122715244.html

Dog Survives Being Stabbed 29 Times
Police arrested the dog's owner.
By Yvonne Nava | Saturday, May 28, 2011 | Updated 6:32

Police say a New Haven man stabbed his 8-month old dog because no one in his family liked the pooch.

Alexander Bernard, 25, was charged Wednesday with stabbing the Staffordshire Terrier, Princess.

Hamden Police received a call reporting animal abuse on Dixwell Avenue on Wednesday afternoon and found Princess lying in a pool of blood in the driveway of a home there, police said.

Bernard used a 3-inch folding knife to stab the dog 29 times, police said.

Miraculously, Princess survived and is in stable condition at the North Haven Animal Hospital

Bernard was charged with Cruelty to Animals. He was being held on $10,000 bond and is scheduled to be in court June 8.

KurtCobain
08-23-2011, 06:08 PM
I have never broken a law in my life, but I am seriously considering driving down to CT and finding this

Never?

JD10367
08-23-2011, 06:12 PM
Never?

Aside from a few low speeding tickets, no. But I think it's about time. I've been a good boy for decades, so I'm saving it up for something really special (like mass murder). :D

chasedude
08-23-2011, 06:19 PM
Aside from a few low speeding tickets, no. But I think it's about time. I've been a good boy for decades, so I'm saving it up for something really special (like mass murder). :D

Let me know when you're ready, I'll forward a few names and addresses :thumb:

ForeverChiefs58
08-23-2011, 06:20 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/calif-baby-tossed-building-mom-arrested-124242460.html

She was also on an immigration hold, he said.

Court records in Orange County indicate Hermosillo has no major criminal record but pleaded guilty to four traffic violations in La Habra in 2008, including driving without a valid license and having no proof of insurance.

Amnesty?