PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs X-Factor's Inside the Huddle

xfactor
08-23-2011, 06:06 PM
Baldwin casts a shadow
on KC's 'right 53' mantra

Over the last couple of years, under the Pioli-Haley regime, Kansas City fans have heard a lot about the “right 53.” That, of course, refers to the size of the roster that each NFL team takes into the regular season and how important it is that those 53 players be not only quality athletes, but people who have the right character. When you look at the team’s draft picks during the first two years under GM Scott Pioli, he has held true to that mantra. The Chiefs have been rebuilt on players who were former captains of their college teams with strong leadership skills. It’s no accident that the result was a team making the leap from 2-14 in 2008 to 10-6 last season.
So it’s no surprise that the emphasis on character came under scrutiny when the Chiefs took Jon Baldwin with their No. 1 draft pick this year. The University of Pittsburgh wide receiver entered the draft with a lot of character questions following a college career which included allegations of indecent assault, harassment and disorderly conduct - all of which were later dropped. He also accused his coaches of “purposely trying to disrupt my draft stock.”

The Chiefs followed by drafting Justin Houston in the third round. Houston was considered a first round prospect, but his stock - and his paycheck - slipped considerably after a positive drug test.It appeared that Baldwin had proven the skeptics wrong during the off-season. He had been living with quarterback Matt Cassel during the lockout and he had even gone to Joplin to help with tornado clean-up.Those efforts to boost his image took a major tumble last week following a locker room incident that has Baldwin sidelined indefinitely with an apparent broken wrist that resulted when he hit runningback Thomas Jones in the face. First of all, Jones has a body carved out of Mt. Rushmore. You don’t hit him with anything short of a sledge hammer. Secondly, if you are dumb enough to hit Jones you’d better have a darn good reason. It would appear that Baldwin falls short on both counts. We’ll never know exactly what happened inside the locker room, but speculation is that Jones questioned the rookie’s work ethic and Baldwin reacted with his best Mike Tyson impersonation which still needs a lot of work. The dark cloud is hanging again over Baldwin and it’s not going away any time soon - especially while he’s standing on the sideline. So what of KC’s other draft gamble? If you’ll think back to the draft you may recall that Pioli traded his team’s 21st overall pick in the first round to Cleveland for the 27th overall pick, along with an early third round pick. With that newly acquired third round selection the Chiefs acquired outside linebacker Houston who was a beast against Baltimore in last Friday’s pre-season game.

Houston forced a fumble on special teams that led to a field goal in addition to a pair of sacks and two tackles. It seemed he was in the Ravens’ backfield all night. Houston was definitely our MVP for the game and it would appear now joins Tamba Hali and Wallace Gilberry as a player capable of bringing needed pressure on opposing quarterbacks.Character is one of those intangible things that you either have, or you don’t. It’s not something you can turn on like a water spigot.Hopefully, Houston demonstrated only a momentary lapse of judgement that cost him a huge contract, but may have found him a home in Kansas City.On the other hand, Baldwin runs the risk of developing a pattern that can put his future with the Chiefs in jeopardy.
Granted, a first round draft pick will get a little longer leash in head coach Todd Haley’s doghouse, but if character means as much as the Chiefs have preached, there would seem to be a limit as to how many second and third chances Baldwin will get in order to prove he’s one of the “right 53.”
It could be said that Kansas City’s defense looked more like what we’re used to seeing from Baltimore than did the Ravens on Friday.Give credit where it’s due and that’s up front with former Ravens nose tackle Kelly Gregg who was playing in his first game as a Chief. First of all, Gregg did exactly what we’ve so desperately needed from a nose tackle and that’s clog up the middle where he had three solo tackles.The real value of an effective nose tackle is noticed by the linebackers who don’t have to spend all their time shedding blockers. Baltimore’s Ray Lewis has been a consistent Pro Bowler because he’s had good nose tackles in front of him.KC inside linebacker Jovan Belcher (who plays the same position as Lewis) had seven tackles against the Ravens.
Coincidence?
For a few days it would seem that concerns about a back-up quarterback are on hold. As bad as Tyler Palko looked in the pre-season opener, he looked that good against Baltimore. He was 8-of-13 with no interceptions for 95 yards, which isn’t bad for the brief time he played. And he did it against Baltimore’s No. 1 defense.Left offensive guard Jon Asamoah also made the highlight reel when he pancaked All-Pro defensive end Terrell Suggs.
Over the next two weeks there will be some major decisions facing KC as they make final roster cuts.We currently have about 14 wideouts, which is just a few more than we need. We’ll keep one more until Baldwin is ready to return.Right now, Jackie Battle may be the odd man out of a loaded backfield, even though he had a good game against Baltimore. Battle will play somewhere in the NFL as a solid back-up player if not for the Chiefs. I’m pulling for him to stay in Kansas City because I believe he’s a good insurance policy.This is a far different situation than just a couple of years ago when players cut from the Chiefs were usually found selling used cars the next week. If you couldn’t make it in Kansas City you couldn’t make the roster anywhere. We have some very good players who won’t make this roster, but will land elsewhere in the NFL.It all comes down to the final 53 and whether it’s the “right 53.”

KurtCobain
08-23-2011, 06:09 PM
Houston and Tamba are going to be dancing around QBs all the fucking time.

Ebolapox
08-23-2011, 06:11 PM
TL;DR

CaliforniaChief
08-23-2011, 06:11 PM
Hali/Houston are going to be having a lot of Freeney/Mathis moments, hopefully.

BossChief
08-23-2011, 06:13 PM
Baldwin hit Jones in the face?

interesting

58-4ever
08-23-2011, 06:13 PM
This is the most coherent piece I've seen you write. Who edited this for you?

Nightfyre
08-23-2011, 06:14 PM
The right 53 concept is misunderstood, imo. You don't have all choir boys. You have enough choir boys to influence the misguided talent in the right direction. jmo.

Okie_Apparition
08-23-2011, 06:18 PM
Baldwin better learn to contol that temper. The DBs of the league will be in his ear double time now

seclark
08-23-2011, 06:20 PM

interesting

this...link?
sec

BossChief
08-23-2011, 06:21 PM
Asamoah plays right guard.

trndobrd
08-23-2011, 06:22 PM

interesting

Hopefully young Baldwin learned something about the difference between the kids on campus and the grown men in an NFL locker room.

chasedude
08-23-2011, 06:22 PM
Baldwin better learn to contol that temper. The DBs of the league will be in his ear double time now

If his buttons are that easy to push I'm sure we'll see quite a few Personal Foul flags thrown on him.

Saul Good
08-23-2011, 06:26 PM
Asamoah plays right guard.

...and it wasn't Suggs...and it wasn't a pancake...and it wasn't a DE. Other than that, the sentence was right on the money.

KurtCobain
08-23-2011, 06:29 PM
Didn't we run you out of here?

lcarus
08-23-2011, 06:31 PM
Hopefully young Baldwin learned something about the difference between the kids on campus and the grown men in an NFL locker room.

We don't need Thomas frickin Jones raging and going all Captain Jack on our first round pick. Whether he deserved it or not. Let the coaches worry about his work ethic, and let Jones worry about picking up the tough yards. Something Jackie Battle is better at anyway.

BossChief
08-23-2011, 06:32 PM
I cant wait for the:

"I am just assuming that Baldwin hit him in the face and the Asamoah thing was just a typo"

soon to be followed up with "when did he pancake Suggs, then?"

then, nothing.....

TimeForWasp
08-23-2011, 06:35 PM

interesting

I heard is was a good hit, bad technique.

</post>
08-23-2011, 06:40 PM
How to Knock Down Thomas Jones

1. Line up on defense
2. Wait till 3rd down
3. ???
4. Profit

Hammock Parties
08-23-2011, 06:41 PM
Left offensive guard Jon Asamoah also made the highlight reel when he pancaked All-Pro defensive end Terrell Suggs.

Really? When did this happen?

Saul Good
08-23-2011, 06:44 PM
Really? When did this happen?

The play was amazing. Asamoah said to Lilja in the huddle, "trade me spots, I want Suggs". Lilja said, "I don't block Suggs, he plays DE". "You leave that to me," Asamoah replied.

Asamoah then told Albert to get the fuck out of the way, and big Jon proceeded to pancake the shit out of Suggs.

The only problem is that it left a free run for the DT who blew up Dex and crushed Cassel's spine. Still, it was impressive to watch.

-King-
08-23-2011, 06:47 PM
It could be said that Kansas City’s defense looked more like what we’re used to seeing from Baltimore than did the Ravens on Friday.Give credit where it’s due and that’s up front with former Ravens nose tackle Kelly Gregg who was playing in his first game as a Chief. First of all, Gregg did exactly what we’ve so desperately needed from a nose tackle and that’s clog up the middle where he had three solo tackles.The real value of an effective nose tackle is noticed by the linebackers who don’t have to spend all their time shedding blockers. Baltimore’s Ray Lewis has been a consistent Pro Bowler because he’s had good nose tackles in front of him.KC inside linebacker Jovan Belcher (who plays the same position as Lewis) had seven tackles against the Ravens.
Coincidence?

Yeah, Ray Lewis would have been out of the NFL years ago if it wasn't for Gregg :rolleyes:

-King-
08-23-2011, 06:49 PM
It's hilarious that he tried to write this in article form. Makes the KC star writers look like Pulitzer prize winners.

seclark
08-23-2011, 06:51 PM
It's hilarious that he tried to write this in article form. Makes the KC star writers look like Pulitzer prize winners.

i'm not sticking up for the dude that wears a red spay-painted cheese head, but i imagine your breath reeks of nick wright's taint...not a whole lot of difference.
sec

BossChief
08-23-2011, 06:53 PM
i'm not sticking up for the dude that wears a red spay-painted cheese head, but i imagine your breath reeks of nick wright's taint...not a whole lot of difference.
sec

this

58-4ever
08-23-2011, 06:56 PM
I would like to see the GIF of the pancake. And no, not the bunny with the pancake on his head.

The Franchise
08-23-2011, 06:58 PM
So which is it?

Baldwin hit Jones in the face or we don't know what happened that day?

And he didnt fracture his wrist....it was his thumb.

Bugeater
Way too many words.

BossChief
I believe this is the play in question. Asamoah throws Ngata to the ground.

http://i54.tinypic.com/2v9p1n8.jpg

Heres the gif of the play where Asamoah (at RIGHT GUARD) throws NGATA to the ground.

Suggs = OLB

Buckets of fail in there.

-King-
sec

Explain

seclark
08-23-2011, 07:02 PM
Explain

explain what? you're the one that spends all the time pimping nw. what's in it for you? explain.
sec

-King-
08-23-2011, 07:05 PM
explain what? you're the one that spends all the time pimping nw. what's in it for you? explain.
sec

When did I pimp him?

So when he's right on something, and I prove it......that's pimping?

Bottom line is that he was right on this story. He did give props to the guy who "broke" (despite only having 90 followers) the story first. That's what I was proving.

I'm pimping cause I didn't pile on despite the fact that he was right?

Ace Gunner
08-23-2011, 07:11 PM
This should have been titled inside the muddled

stevieray
08-23-2011, 07:12 PM
When did I pimp him?

Bottom line is that he was right on this story. He did give props to the guy who "broke" (despite only having 90 followers) the story first. That's what I was proving.

great write up. makes the star writers look like noobs...:D

seclark
08-23-2011, 07:12 PM
When did I pimp him?

however you want to look at it, man. it's just funny that you can bag on xfactor, who's hack job is no worse than the shit nw spews.

carry on.
sec

CoMoChief
08-23-2011, 07:14 PM
Yeah, Ray Lewis would have been out of the NFL years ago if it wasn't for Gregg :rolleyes:

How'd you come to that, after reading that article? All it said was that Ray Lewis had great NT's playing in front of him, allowing him to make a lot of those plays that made him a pro bowler.

Sam Adams
Tony Siragusa
Kelly Gregg
Haloti Ngata

Ace Gunner
08-23-2011, 07:14 PM
He's not as bad as nw - he didn't claim you heard it here first

BossChief
08-23-2011, 07:15 PM
When did I pimp him?

ROFL

before the guy told him what really happened, he tweeted that Baldwin not being at practice was "NOT due to an injury"

Then the guy told him what happened and he changed his tone and "broke the story" only to wait to give the actual guy that broke it the credit till afterwards.

that about sum it up?

Hammock Parties
08-23-2011, 07:16 PM
Perhaps this should be renamed X-Factor, Outside The Huddle

-King-
08-23-2011, 07:17 PM
ROFL

before the guy told him what really happened, he tweeted that Baldwin not being at practice was "NOT due to an injury"

Then the guy told him what happened and he changed his tone and "broke the story" only to wait to give the actual guy that broke it the credit till afterwards.

that about sum it up?

I'm pretty sure he didn't change his story because of a random tweeter with 90 followers.

But whatever floats your boat. Carry on.

58-4ever
08-23-2011, 07:17 PM
Perhaps this should be renamed X-Factor, Outside The Huddle

X-Factor, my view from row 135

BossChief
08-23-2011, 07:18 PM
How'd you come to that, after reading that article? All it said was that Ray Lewis had great NT's playing in front of him, allowing him to make a lot of those plays that made him a pro bowler.

Sam Adams
Tony Siragusa
Kelly Gregg
Haloti Ngata

there were a couple years in there where Ray didnt have a good NT in front of him and his play dipped a bit and he was vocal to the media about wanting the team to bring in a real NT.

58-4ever
08-23-2011, 07:19 PM
Why I there an argument about someone supposedly riding Nick Wright's jock? This place has lost its burst.

BossChief
08-23-2011, 07:20 PM
I'm pretty sure he didn't change his story because of a random tweeter with 90 followers.

But whatever floats your boat. Carry on.

within 24 hours he tweeted that it had nothing to do with injury

then it did.

what could have possibly happened to makehim change his tone on this issue?

If you cant figure that out, then your common sense is beyond poor.

Dude is a thief.

morphius
08-23-2011, 07:23 PM
some of the posters here are the reason we will never grow to be much better of a BB then we are. Oh no, some amateur wrote up his thoughts in an article like fashion so we should bash him for not being more like the professional hacks we complain about on a daily basis.

BossChief
08-23-2011, 07:28 PM
some of the posters here are the reason we will never grow to be much better of a BB then we are. Oh no, some amateur wrote up his thoughts in an article like fashion so we should bash him for not being more like the professional hacks we complain about on a daily basis.

Cmon man.

If you post shit that doesn't make sense/is wrong here, people are gonna call you on it. Other places will probably read this and fill it full of sunshine and snicker bars....but thats not what this place is...here, you get the "Simon Cowell" brand of truth.

It was presented as an article and it was critiqued as one.

I don't think anyone was even rude to normal ChiefsPlanet expectations in this case.

Saul Good
08-23-2011, 07:37 PM

I don't care about that. Just not a fan of people who aren't regular posters doing drive by monologues.

Ace Gunner
08-23-2011, 07:40 PM
Cmon man.

If you post shit that doesn't make sense/is wrong here, people are gonna call you on it. Other places will probably read this and fill it full of sunshine and snicker bars....but thats not what this place is...here, you get the "Simon Cowell" brand of truth.

I don't think anyone was even rude to normal ChiefsPlanet expectations in this case.

pretty much. Ripped? yes. To shreds like usual? no.

BossChief
08-23-2011, 07:44 PM
pretty much. Ripped? yes. To shreds like usual? no.

No offense, but you haven't even seen a glimpse of what this place can do to people....

Go to the HOC and read a few of the threads in there....

KurtCobain
08-23-2011, 07:46 PM
Hey you guys, come join this fantasy league.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=248794

|Zach|
08-23-2011, 07:56 PM
I don't care about that. Just not a fan of people who aren't regular posters doing drive by monologues.

Yea that has always annoyed me as well.

Bwana
08-23-2011, 08:01 PM
Not a bad read. How's it going X?

Okie_Apparition
08-23-2011, 08:10 PM
There is a reason we don't get many @ training camp reports. We pay for our play

Chiefnj2
08-23-2011, 08:13 PM
within 24 hours he tweeted that it had nothing to do with injury

then it did.

what could have possibly happened to makehim change his tone on this issue?

If you cant figure that out, then your common sense is beyond poor.

Dude is a thief.

99.9% of the time an "injury" is related to an on the field injury. If he asked his source "Did he get hurt in practice" and the reply was "no", then it was reasonable for Wright to jump to the conclusion that it wasn't an injury keeping Baldwin out.

Chiefnj2
08-23-2011, 08:14 PM

I can't imagine why someone wouldn't want to be a regular poster.

Dr. Johnny Fever
08-23-2011, 08:15 PM
The right 53 concept is misunderstood, imo. You don't have all choir boys. You have enough choir boys to influence the misguided talent in the right direction. jmo.

This

morphius
08-23-2011, 08:22 PM
Cmon man.

We should absolutely point out where he is wrong in his posts, that is what discussion BB's are all about. There is nothing over the top in this thread, but it is just the immediate tone of the conversations here.

As for the others commenting on the run by monologues, with no replies back, yeah, that's pretty weak.

BossChief
08-23-2011, 08:25 PM
I can't imagine why someone wouldn't want to be a regular poster.

well, bye

BossChief
08-23-2011, 08:33 PM
We should absolutely point out where he is wrong in his posts, that is what discussion BB's are all about. There is nothing over the top in this thread, but it is just the immediate tone of the conversations here.

As for the others commenting on the run by monologues, with no replies back, yeah, that's pretty weak.

I dont get that either, TBH.

The immediate tone was actually positive. Lots of pom poms initially.

The only "negative" points were mine and they were simply pointing out the inadequacies in the report and they honestly had no negative tone to them whatsoever.

Whats fucked up, is that the guy drops off the "piece" and then doesn't even return to take the criticism or answer how he got the info that now looks like he just straight made up.

milkman
08-23-2011, 08:59 PM
X-Factor can lick taint.

Only shows up when he wants something.

Demonpenz
08-23-2011, 09:10 PM
Dude wrote up some stuff that he thought of, and for that I will acknowledge that he did that.

keg in kc
08-23-2011, 09:34 PM
The right 53 concept is misunderstood, imo. You don't have all choir boys. You have enough choir boys to influence the misguided talent in the right direction. jmo.I think it's because people have a difficult time visualizing the concept as something that defines an entire team, as a unit, rather than some singular "right" trait (or traits) that an individual must have to fit "the mold". Not that it's easy to define, but the concept, as I see it, is about finding and fitting together a variety of unique players into a cohesive unit that together fits a certain philosophy. It's never been about finding 53 guys who each fit a specific mold, in other words. It's about finding "the right 53" guys who, when put together together, result in a certain type of team. Now maybe, in the end, 40 of the players on the roster do fit that choir boy, team captain sort of 2010 draft persona people seem to want to characterize as defining the "right 53". And, as you mention, it's that core that helps integrate the wild card elements into the final equation.

Basically you want the overall team to be hard working, and with plenty of leadership and players that work well together, but that doesn't mean you can't sprinkle in a few guys who happen to have more in the way of exceptional skill, but maybe less than optimal character attributes (although that said I think Baldwin's "concerns" are not nearly what they've been made out to be).

I think the concept is more about the sum of the parts, rather than the individual pieces.

58-4ever
08-23-2011, 09:38 PM
X-Factor can lick taint.

Yes, that was my original point. Not only that, but this week late diatribe was either plagiarized or edited because X-Factor generally writes like a fourth grader.

KcMizzou
08-23-2011, 09:43 PM
I think it's because people have a difficult time visualizing the concept as something that defines an entire team, as a unit, rather than some singular "right" trait (or traits) that an individual must have to fit "the mold". Not that it's easy to define, but the concept, as I see it, is about finding and fitting together a variety of unique players into a cohesive unit that together fits a certain philosophy. It's never been about finding 53 guys who each fit a specific mold, in other words. It's about finding "the right 53" guys who, when put together together, result in a certain type of team. Now maybe, in the end, 40 of the players on the roster do fit that choir boy, team captain sort of 2010 draft persona people seem to want to characterize as defining the "right 53". And, as you mention, it's that core that helps integrate the wild card elements into the final equation.

Basically you want the overall team to be hard working, and with plenty of leadership and players that work well together, but that doesn't mean you can't sprinkle in a few guys who happen to have more in the way of exceptional skill, but maybe less than optimal character attributes (although that said I think Baldwin's "concerns" are not nearly what they've been made out to be).

I think the concept is more about the sum of the parts, rather than the individual pieces.Absolutely. I don't think that's difficult to understand at all.

burt
08-23-2011, 09:58 PM
I am not cool enough to hang with you guys. Really, thanks for letting me. Gosh, it must be great to know just about everything.

Drive by monologs.... and what constitutes a "regular poster"? The way I see it, most of us are quite irregular.

so he's wrong about a few facts, he's not a regular, hes guilty of drive by vehicular monologslaughter..... at least wasn't describing his shit, how long his johnson is, nor how well groomed it is!

Maybe he understands that this is the preseason, it doesn't matter and his drive by thoughts will be better thought out, better written and he will stay to discuss....when the real season starts.:rolleyes:

Dante84
08-23-2011, 10:03 PM
somebody please post the 50 cent/burt drive by gif.

|Zach|
08-23-2011, 10:04 PM
I am not cool enough to hang with you guys. Really, thanks for letting me. Gosh, it must be great to know just about everything.

Drive by monologs.... and what constitutes a "regular poster"? The way I see it, most of us are quite irregular.

so he's wrong about a few facts, he's not a regular, hes guilty of drive by vehicular monologslaughter..... at least wasn't describing his shit, how long his johnson is, nor how well groomed it is!

Maybe he understands that this is the preseason, it doesn't matter and his drive by thoughts will be better thought out, better written and he will stay to discuss....when the real season starts.:rolleyes:

Your points are not very relevant to the thread or the discussion.

burt
08-23-2011, 10:05 PM
Your points are not very relevant to the thread or the discussion.

go pimp soccer......

Dante84
08-23-2011, 10:08 PM
go, soccer pimp......

fyp

KcMizzou
08-23-2011, 10:09 PM
fypLMAO

burt
08-23-2011, 10:09 PM
fyp

um.....ty?

the Talking Can
08-23-2011, 10:18 PM

shut the fuck up, noob

burt
08-23-2011, 10:20 PM
shut the fuck up, noob

Keep that shit up and I will turn my filters back on. Oh, and it's n00b......

Pablo
08-23-2011, 10:20 PM
shut the **** up, noobHe was saying some things about some stuff in that post.

It really hit home with me.

|Zach|
08-23-2011, 10:24 PM
go pimp soccer......

Go change your name again in the hopes that people will forget the crap you spew...

....again.

Phobia
08-23-2011, 10:29 PM

That's a fair criticism, I think. To his credit, he posted the whole thing here instead of posting a teaser and then linking elsewhere for hits. So there's really nothing in it for him other than more people reading his take. That's admirable.

burt
08-23-2011, 10:30 PM
Go change your name again in the hopes that people will forget the crap you spew...

....again.

Go suck Reapers cock you pretentious bastard. (Damn, I hope I spelled that right)

Phobia
X-Factor can lick taint.

To be fair, he posts regularly at another site with people he's friends with in RL.

BossChief
He had to have dropped it here in hopes of the criticism that he received.

burt
08-23-2011, 10:32 PM
He had to have dropped it here in hopes of the criticism that he received.

Damn good thing we have so many English Professors and Editors posting here.

|Zach|
08-23-2011, 10:33 PM
Go suck Reapers cock you pretentious bastard. (Damn, I hope I spelled that right)

Do you even read this board? You an xfactor should go off and make a living together posting on boards you know little about.

Phobia
08-23-2011, 10:34 PM
I dont get that either, TBH.

The immediate tone was actually positive. Lots of pom poms initially.

The only "negative" points were mine and they were simply pointing out the inadequacies in the report and they honestly had no negative tone to them whatsoever.

Whats ****ed up, is that the guy drops off the "piece" and then doesn't even return to take the criticism or answer how he got the info that now looks like he just straight made up.

X-factor doesn't live on the internet. He'll drop by and discuss over the next couple of days. That dude takes a lot of abuse (especially from me) and keeps a good nature about it. He's not a dickbag. Rag on him for his awful costume or something. He's trying hard with this and it's not bad. At least he thought enough of ChiefsPlanet to post it here.

burt
08-23-2011, 10:36 PM
Do you even read this board? You an xfactor should go off and make a living together posting on boards you know little about.

doth sayeth the almighty |Zach|. Go take a picture. "Shake it like a poloroid"

BossChief
08-23-2011, 10:39 PM
Damn good thing we have so many English Professors and Editors posting here.

and guys that know enough about football to point out the difference between Haloti Ngata and Terrell Suggs...or Right guard and left guard...or that had heard that anyone got punched in the face during the Jones/Baldwin ordeal.

Like I said, I dont think the response was over the top or very rude even, at least to planet standards.

burt
08-23-2011, 10:42 PM
and guys that know enough about football to point out the difference between Haloti Ngata and Terrell Suggs...or Right guard and left guard...or that had heard that anyone got punched in the face during the Jones/Baldwin ordeal.

Like I said, I dont think the response was over the top or very rude even, at least to planet standards.

I really wanted to leave you out of all this..... but here goes..... YOU PICKY BASTARD. So he got a few details wrong, at least he stayed awake for the whole game. And once abain, he wasn't talking abour human feces or male organs. As Phobia stated...... that's admirable.

The Franchise
08-23-2011, 10:58 PM
White Knights.......mount up!

BossChief
08-23-2011, 10:59 PM
no shit

burt
08-23-2011, 11:01 PM

I prefer to think of it as being quixotic.......

Phobia
08-23-2011, 11:36 PM

Heh. I don't mind that label, honestly. The dude is passionate. He loves our team. He works his tail off for local charity. I don't think I've ever heard him ask for anything in return. He's a bit of an attention whore and his costume is tacky. He already knows all that. So what? I'll cut him some slack. I'm not saying you have to. Flame away. I'm just passing on what I know about him and explaining why he does some of the stuff that seems to be bothering Planeteers.

burt
08-23-2011, 11:42 PM
White Knights.......mount up!.

kcxiv
08-24-2011, 01:36 AM
someone always has to fuck up a thread. lol

Anyways, it was a pretty good read. Alot easier then his previous stuff. Dude seems like a solid dude.

Hootie
08-24-2011, 01:54 AM
I gave him positive rep right away because I like the fact he's such a loyal fan...and I knew the dickbags would come by and slam him right away like usual...

I love ChiefsPlanet...great site with some great flaming...I love flame boards (no homo) (or maybe a little homo)...but you have to flame the right people...what's the point of flaming this guy? He's never spoke a bad word towards anyone around here and people constantly bash him every time he does come around (which is rare)...

Hog's Gone Fishin
08-24-2011, 02:20 AM
So which is it?

Baldwin hit Jones in the face or we don't know what happened that day?

And he didnt fracture his wrist....it was his thumb.

Actually Jones hit Baldwin with his face.

HemiEd
08-24-2011, 03:38 AM
I enjoyed the read, and appreciate the effort. We can't all be football experts, but that doesn't make us less of a fan.

Direckshun
08-24-2011, 03:39 AM
but you have to flame the right people...what's the point of flaming this guy? He's never spoke a bad word towards anyone around here and people constantly bash him every time he does come around (which is rare)...

Scary day when Hootie starts making a ton of sense.

xfactor
08-24-2011, 05:33 AM
Wow this wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Thank you Phobia and others for defending me. Listen take this for what you want, this is article I publish in my hometown newspaper, a little western kansas town,Scott City. I do it cause other than a minute on nightly news or splash on SportsCenter, they get absolutely zero Chiefs news. I did interview and this article Saturday morning after watching game with my 3 year disabled daughter. I miss a couple things cause she deserves my time more than Chiefs preseason game. For record I do not recieve a penny or anything from this, just thought some of you would enjoy my take. I know im gonna get beat her worse than a redheaded step child but it all good, i get it always and I laugh it off. Thats why Phobia and I are such good friends cause we can take good natured abuse and dish it back without anyone feelings getting hurt.

Ace Gunner
08-24-2011, 06:23 AM
well good for you man. If you really like doing this stuff, why not go take a college level english class - that'll get your writing ability up to speed. I've seen worse on AA/AP etc, so I didn't rip you. Also, you're weird and I don't rip ppl based in that alone, but obviously not everybody follows that line.

xfactor
08-24-2011, 06:56 AM
well good for you man. If you really like doing this stuff, why not go take a college level english class - that'll get your writing ability up to speed. I've seen worse on AA/AP etc, so I didn't rip you. Also, you're weird and I don't rip ppl based in that alone, but obviously not everybody follows that line.

I really appriciate advise. Honestly I don't have time, my 3 babies come first, i worked 2 jobs, run KC Superfans charity organization, do so much for Chiefs. This is just one of my fun side projects that my hometown friends and family totally appriciate. I love going home and everyone in town is somewhat up to speed with Chiefs news and are super excited to talk football with me. Also helps with all charity projects I do for western Kansas, gets them excited about that stuff too!

SAUTO
08-24-2011, 07:04 AM

why not just STFU?

LOCOChief
08-24-2011, 07:39 AM
X-Factor can lick taint.

What exactly does he want?

You can lick the taint milkman, afterall you're probably the biggest POS around here.

xfactor
08-24-2011, 07:46 AM
What exactly does he want?

You can lick the taint milkman, afterall you're probably the biggest POS around here.

I want to be internet punching bag for internet bullies. These guys scare me so badly ;). Worse than 73 away games ive been to supporting X-Factor outfit or Spiderman, at 29 of 31 stadiums, Philly,Pittsburg,Donkie fans don't even hold some internet bullies jocks :hmmm:

L.A. Chieffan
08-24-2011, 07:48 AM
spiderman?

Reerun_KC
08-24-2011, 07:48 AM
Wow this wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Thank you Phobia and others for defending me. Listen take this for what you want, this is article I publish in my hometown newspaper, a little western kansas town,Scott City. I do it cause other than a minute on nightly news or splash on SportsCenter, they get absolutely zero Chiefs news. I did interview and this article Saturday morning after watching game with my 3 year disabled daughter. I miss a couple things cause she deserves my time more than Chiefs preseason game. For record I do not recieve a penny or anything from this, just thought some of you would enjoy my take. I know im gonna get beat her worse than a redheaded step child but it all good, i get it always and I laugh it off. Thats why Phobia and I are such good friends cause we can take good natured abuse and dish it back without anyone feelings getting hurt.

Just got off the phone with my SC friends... Good work.

milkman
08-24-2011, 07:53 AM
I want to be internet punching bag for internet bullies. These guys scare me so badly ;). Worse than 73 away games ive been to supporting X-Factor outfit or Spiderman, at 29 of 31 stadiums, Philly,Pittsburg,Donkie fans don't even hold some internet bullies jocks :hmmm:

I'm not an "internet bully".

I just call 'em as I see 'em.

To your credit, and to LocoChief's point, you haven't asked for anything this time.

Yet.

xfactor
08-24-2011, 07:55 AM
spiderman?

When Rison was here i was red and yellow Spiderman before i created X-Factor in 2000

xfactor
08-24-2011, 07:57 AM
Just got off the phone with my SC friends... Good work.

Thank you Reerun, they r reason i do this not to make CP happy

I'm not an "internet bully".

I just call 'em as I see 'em.

To your credit, and to LocoChief's point, you haven't asked for anything this time.

Yet.

What have i ever asked for here. Come out and support a charity? Come out to away game watch party and have fun? Am I missing anything?

58-4ever
08-24-2011, 07:57 AM

You seem like a genuinely good person. I think you have received a lot of shit over the years because of your costume, atrocious grammar and and your view of yourself as some sort of Chiefs insider.

milkman
08-24-2011, 08:08 AM
What have i ever asked for here. Come out and support a charity? Come out to away game watch party and have fun? Am I missing anything?

I have no problem with that fact that you've asked for support for charities.

The manner in which you have done so, however, has always come across as disingenuous to me, which is why I have always been an ass about it.

I do respect Phil's opinion, though, so I'll stop being an ass.

xfactor
08-24-2011, 08:10 AM
You seem like a genuinely good person. I think you have received a lot of shit over the years because of your costume, atrocious grammar and and your view of yourself as some sort of Chiefs insider.

Fair enough, Im first to see my costume is silly, im first to say i wear red cheese,spandex and man purse/fanny pack. Im never studied to be English teacher, they are completely boring to me, so Im good there. I do have a lot of players past or present that call me friend. They tell me things that I never repeat,especially here, only to close friends i can totally trust. Willie Roaf told me a month before he retired,did i run here and boost i have insider info, only closest friends new. Jared Allen, Bowe, Priest I could type all day about things but for what? I don't like friends going around and talking about me, thats why players respect me, cause it stays right there. I do so much with them in charities and would never jeoperdize that. Not to be god on CP or any other message board, life is a lil bigger than message boards

xfactor
08-24-2011, 08:13 AM

The manner in which you have done so, however, has always come across as disingenuous to me, which is why I have always been an ass about it.

I totally respect that, no one is perfect and I have plenty of flaws. I actually thrive off critism because it opens my eyes and I work hard to change things Im doing wrong. I don't hold grudges and say I don't like said person cause they don't love me

Earthling
08-24-2011, 08:16 AM
X-Factor can lick taint.

You can get stuff here? ;)

milkman
08-24-2011, 08:18 AM
You can get stuff here? ;)

You can get shit here.

Bwana
08-24-2011, 08:20 AM

He really is a down to earth, good dude. My brother and I hit a game at Arrowhead last year and he invited us to his tailgate party. Ty went out of his way to make us feel at ease and we had a blast. I have nothing but good things to say about the guy.

Baby Lee
08-24-2011, 08:22 AM

:eek: - at first I read that as you were going to beat your disabled daughter.

Reerun_KC
08-24-2011, 08:24 AM

LOL

I just had to do a doubletake... ;)

WV
08-24-2011, 08:26 AM
Nice job X...Thanks for all your efforts.

xfactor
08-24-2011, 08:28 AM
He really is a down to earth, good dude. My brother and I hit a game at Arrowhead last year and he invited us to his tailgate party. Ty went out of his way to make us feel at ease and we had a blast. I have nothing but good things to say about the guy.

It was totally my pleasure, I only wish you were closer and came to every game. Whenever you and brother are in town, please hit me up, cause I'd be totally disappointed not to spend more time with you! You coming to any this year?

Wow, Ive never laid a finger on my lil angel, she is my everything!

xfactor
08-24-2011, 08:29 AM
Nice job X...Thanks for all your efforts.

Thank you brother, I really appriciate that

Saul Good
08-24-2011, 08:29 AM
That's a fair criticism, I think. To his credit, he posted the whole thing here instead of posting a teaser and then linking elsewhere for hits. So there's really nothing in it for him other than more people reading his take. That's admirable.

I agree. It's not like I'm "MFing" him up and down over it. I just get the impression that he only comes here to start a thread and have people give him feedback. I never see him contributing to threads that he didn't start.

Its hard to articulate, but there's a sense of "hey read and respond to my takes even though I don't read nor respond to yours" that rubs people the wrong way.

Again, I'm not pissed off about it. I'm sure he's a good guy and all. Its just a little irritating.

burt
08-24-2011, 08:31 AM
Gee, today just seems a little more positive. Just a little better place to be.

burt
08-24-2011, 08:32 AM
Its just a little irritating.

You must have a consistant rash. Go have that checked out.

Earthling
08-24-2011, 08:34 AM
You can get shit here.

Lol I get plenty at home already.

Bwana
08-24-2011, 08:35 AM
It was totally my pleasure, I only wish you were closer and came to every game. Whenever you and brother are in town, please hit me up, cause I'd be totally disappointed not to spend more time with you! You coming to any this year?

I appreciate that. We don't have plans to hit a game yet, but things may change. :)

Baby Lee
08-24-2011, 08:47 AM
Wow, Ive never laid a finger on my lil angel, she is my everything!

The :eek: was meant to denote that I didn't exactly read the sentence and sighed 'that's the child beating xfactor we all know and love'

You had written about your daughter and doing stuff with her, then immediately launched into "I know I'm going to get beat her . . ." and instead of mentally placing an 'e' on the 'her,' I mentally placed a 'to' after 'get.'

xfactor
08-24-2011, 08:48 AM
I agree. It's not like I'm "MFing" him up and down over it. I just get the impression that he only comes here to start a thread and have people give him feedback. I never see him contributing to threads that he didn't start.

Its hard to articulate, but there's a sense of "hey read and respond to my takes even though I don't read nor respond to yours" that rubs people the wrong way.

Again, I'm not pissed off about it. I'm sure he's a good guy and all. Its just a little irritating.

I do lurk here often and read your stuff, Im just bombarded on daily on phone,facebook,emails,my charity website. im more reaction than proactive on messages.

xfactor
08-24-2011, 08:50 AM
I appreciate that. We don't have plans to hit a game yet, but things may change. :)

I sincerely hope so, let me know if you need any help in making this happen.

The :eek: was meant to denote that I didn't exactly read the sentence and sighed 'that's the child beating xfactor we all know and love'

You had written about your daughter and doing stuff with her, then immediately launched into "I know I'm going to get beat her . . ." and instead of mentally placing an 'e' on the 'her,' I mentally placed a 'to' after 'get.'

I see that now, sorry I got 2 hrs of sleep and been here at work since 4am. Its making my quote bad grammer worse;)

milkman
08-24-2011, 08:51 AM
I do lurk here often and read your stuff, Im just bombarded on daily on phone,facebook,emails,my charity website. im more reaction than proactive on messages.

I don't think you are saying what you mean here.

xfactor
08-24-2011, 08:57 AM
I don't think you are saying what you mean here.

Probably not, only i always know what Im talking about;)

Iowanian
08-24-2011, 09:11 AM

interesting

Uh, How does one usually break a wrist, hand or thumb in a fight?

That's why I've been laughing about the insinuation that Jones beat him down for being a punk.

xfactor
08-24-2011, 09:28 AM

That's why I've been laughing about the insinuation that Jones beat him down for being a punk.

From my personal experience Ive broken my nose and my fingers in fights. Nose by my foe and fingers/knuckles from my hand colliding with my foes face. Seems like logical reasoning here?

boogblaster
08-24-2011, 09:30 AM
prima-donnas sumtimes need a biotch-slappin' ....

BossChief
08-24-2011, 10:36 AM

In a lockerroom you can break a finger/thumb a hundred different ways other than hitting someone in the face.

I simply found it interesting to find out that the reason for the thumb being broken was due to the stated reason.

Frankie
08-24-2011, 11:21 AM

interesting
Can someone post a picture of Jones' face? I wanna know which bone broke Baldwin's hand!
We don't need Thomas frickin Jones raging and going all Captain Jack on our first round pick. Whether he deserved it or not.

That's what locker room leaders do.

Iowanian
08-24-2011, 11:27 AM
Over the years I've seen the results and physical damage from a lot of fights.

Odd things do happen, and I've seen cool stuff like ears bitten off and crushed testicles.

If your hand, thumb or wrist are broken, it's a pretty logical conclusion that it was broken while throwing a punch. If he broke his thumb, and it wasn't due to having it grabbed and twisted off....he makes a poor fist when he throws a punch. That's my conclusion.

Maybe Baldwin was being bigbaby and acting like a douche, or lipping off to coaches or not putting in effort, and Maybe Jones jumped his ass about it(perfectly fine) but his hand isn't broken because Thomas could use his stomach as a grist mill and crushed him in a flex-off.

That out of the way.....This is another case where I don't get the pile-on of the OP who started what he felt was a well thought out football take for discussion.

Mr. Laz
08-24-2011, 11:38 AM
This

It's become a schoolyard competition of who can slam the poster with the best insult. Doesn't matter what the post is about.

jspchief
08-24-2011, 11:40 AM
This guy should team up with kcnut to start a chiefs blog.

burt
08-24-2011, 12:39 PM
This guy should team up with kcnut to start a chiefs blog.

dude..........:shake:

Simply Red
08-24-2011, 09:40 PM
Tyson, you should really tone it down w/ regards to the cheek makeup, that's what makes you look like a santa helper, no offense, I'm proud you like the Chiefs. Well, proud for you.

Keep doing what you do Ty! :)

Phobia
08-24-2011, 10:42 PM
The entire point of the costume is to be over-the-top ridiculous. It's not like the dude has awful style... okay, bad argument, but he's trying to be dorky. And it's working.

Simply Red
08-24-2011, 10:46 PM
The entire point of the costume is to be over-the-top ridiculous. It's not like the dude has awful style... okay, bad argument, but he's trying to be dorky. And it's working.

True, Ty used to skate, i think.

Simply Red
08-24-2011, 10:47 PM
@ the roller rink, i meant.

Simply Red
08-24-2011, 10:48 PM
Yes and Yes, and I kidd, he's a nice person who helps the community. Sounds like he's turned into a good dude. Anybody like that, is fine by me.

xfactor
08-25-2011, 03:26 AM

Thats the unique Factor, I make fun of my outfit more than anyone including you brother! Are you gonna be at Arrowhead, I'd love to bring my posse by to meet you!

xfactor
08-25-2011, 03:28 AM
Yes and Yes, and I kidd, he's a nice person who helps the community. Sounds like he's turned into a good dude. Anybody like that, is fine by me.

Thank you SR, i try to be good dude, with a wild and crazy streak. Growing up in boring Scott City, taught me how to be grounded and treat people the way I want to be treated. But we had nothing to do so that made me wild and crazy.

Chiefnj2
08-25-2011, 07:20 AM
XFactor:

You have to lose the red cheese head. That's negative points for non-originality. If you are going to be over the top dorky, be an original dork.

Can you make your way to the gold section and try to get some of those folks to sit in their seats and actually cheer and make noise for the team?

Keep posting your articles and doing what you do. Don't let the gang of idiots bring you down.

Have a good 2011 season.

Phobia
08-25-2011, 07:32 AM
Thats the unique Factor, I make fun of my outfit more than anyone including you brother! Are you gonna be at Arrowhead, I'd love to bring my posse by to meet you!

Same as usual. I'll be there for some of the games unless it's raining. I'll see you around, I'm sure.

xfactor
08-25-2011, 08:15 AM

XFactor:

You have to lose the red cheese head. That's negative points for non-originality. If you are going to be over the top dorky, be an original dork.

Can you make your way to the gold section and try to get some of those folks to sit in their seats and actually cheer and make noise for the team?

Keep posting your articles and doing what you do. Don't let the gang of idiots bring you down.

Have a good 2011 season.

Guess Im stuck a dork, i love my hats, Im only one that has them, plus they make great shade and protection from rain! Ill make a sign for club level that is a long,long walk for this old fart, something like you paid 4 times what i did so get your moneys worth and get crazy. Thank you about articles, I defiently will, they cant intimidate me enough not too!

Same as usual. I'll be there for some of the games unless it's raining. I'll see you around, I'm sure.

Still in grass triangle brother?

RNR
08-25-2011, 08:27 AM
You got three votes in the Who are your FAVORITE football journalists? thread, so you have that going for you~

burt
08-25-2011, 08:50 AM
You got three votes in the Who are your FAVORITE football journalists? thread, so you have that going for you~

Guess I am not the only one who thought about that. The timing is just there.

xfactor
08-25-2011, 09:04 AM
Wow Im honored, I just saw that! Yep I'm only writter that comes here to defend opinion ;) And get treat worse than Rhiannon by Eminem!

The Franchise
08-25-2011, 09:07 AM
http://www.myteespot.com/images/Images_d/img_WhEAjS.jpg

Simply Red
08-25-2011, 09:15 AM
Ty, you don't have to justify what you do, or why you do it.

Deep down inside of most of these assclowns, they TOO know you're doing things for a good cause.

xfactor
08-25-2011, 09:27 AM
Ty, you don't have to justify what you do, or why you do it.

Deep down inside of most of these assclowns, they TOO know you're doing things for a good cause.

Exactly I sleep so well at night knowing my kids r taken very good care of and love me with all their lil hearts. That kids i impact in the community look up to me as a role model those 2 things matter most to this old man!

Simply Red
08-25-2011, 09:38 AM
no denying that those are good things to have in your life.

jspchief
08-25-2011, 11:46 AM
... And get treat worse than Rhiannon by Eminem!

Wow. I had no idea Eminem did a remake of that song.