PDA

View Full Version : Food and Drink Buy Pabst Blue Ribbon. Help save America.

Radar Chief
08-26-2011, 07:21 AM
Drink it ya asshole.

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/nGSN7JVg1yQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

MOhillbilly
08-26-2011, 07:25 AM
Haha funny

seclark
08-26-2011, 07:31 AM
i'm gonna buy a 12 pack of pbr on the way home tonight and serve it to my weekend guest. maybe they'll go home earlier.
sec

Molitoth
08-26-2011, 07:32 AM
lol

seclark
08-26-2011, 07:43 AM
used to travel all over the midwest w/a guy that would only drink pbr. always wore a hoodie that he'd keep tucked in to his jeans. he'd drink that first can, then cut the top out of it and use it to spit his chew juice in. then leave the can wherever he was sitting for someone else to dispose of. nasty!

he had his good points though. whenever he'd get tanked up, you could always make him cry.
sec

Fish
08-26-2011, 07:58 AM
PBR has become the trendy choice of the young hip crowd. Why, I don't have a clue. I only drank it when I couldn't afford to drink much else.

But hey... if it's like George Washington actually going down your throat to fight the Brits, and redcoats, and Indians.... Well I might as well...

Radar Chief
Mrs. Radar and I have a nice back deck where we entertain friends and have found that the good thing about keeping the cooler stocked with PBR's is people aren't sitting around getting tanked on our beer.

Infidel Goat
http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk126/randyhunt/Blog%20Pics/yuengling2.jpg

Yuengling (oldest US Brewery).

Taste great, less redneck.

Bwana
08-26-2011, 07:59 AM
i'm gonna buy a 12 pack of pbr on the way home tonight and serve it to my weekend guest. maybe they'll go home earlier.
sec

If they live through it, I think you're right! :)

seclark
08-26-2011, 08:00 AM
tastes like the inside of the can is lined with sand.
sec

Bwana
08-26-2011, 08:01 AM
http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk126/randyhunt/Blog%20Pics/yuengling2.jpg

Yuengling (oldest US Brewery).

Taste great, less redneck.

I like their black and tan. Otter and I threw several down, back in the day.

Radar Chief
08-26-2011, 08:03 AM
PBR has become the trendy choice of the young hip crowd. Why, I don't have a clue. I only drank it when I couldn't afford to drink much else.

But hey... if it's like George Washington actually going down your throat to fight the Brits, and redcoats, and Indians.... Well I might as well...

Just don't drink it after a big meal. It'll bloat you like crazy.

frankotank
08-26-2011, 08:05 AM
red white and the pabst blue ribbon
damn right that's how I'm livin!

why all the pbr hate? open a bud light and a pbr and taste test. the is NO taste to bud light. I am a beer snob, so I'll have a few "quality" beers before switching to something less heavy and my switch to beer is usually pbr. I mean sheesh, not like it's shafers!

Fish
08-26-2011, 08:09 AM
Taste test between Bud Light and PBR?

Not that Bud Light is special by any means, but come on... I'd rather have NO taste than the hobo bathwater that is PBR....

mlyonsd
08-26-2011, 08:14 AM
Haven't had a PBR in quite a while.

That being said it tastes better then most of that swill some of the 'in' brew pubs sell to all those penny loafer wearing trendy DA pussies.

RNR
08-26-2011, 08:27 AM

Not that Bud Light is special by any means, but come on... I'd rather have NO taste than the hobo bathwater that is PBR....

A bar I was at back home had an everyday price of $1.00 for PBR. I am not real picky about beer as I drink Bud, Bud light or Miller Lite and they taste fine to me. That said I tried a PBR and did not finish half of it. Rancid pond water would be the best way to describe it~

frankotank
08-26-2011, 08:31 AM

honestly, when's the last time you tasted pbr?
like I said I'm a beer snob (thank God for Blvd BBQ!) but I just don't see pbr as tasting terrible. old milwaukee, schafers, schlitz...gross. look, if pbr is good enough for kid rock....it should be good enough for you fo shizzle.

I roll thru town with the top laid back
black hat fine blond cold pabst in my lap

Discuss Thrower
08-26-2011, 08:32 AM
Hipster kids are taking over the world. First it's Arcade Fire winning a Grammy... now it's patriotic appeals to drink PBR.

Next thing I know everyone's going to be wearing skinny jeans and scarves in the middle of summer whilst discussing bands nobody's fucking heard of in coffee shops.

frankotank
08-26-2011, 08:33 AM
A bar I was at back home had an everyday price of $1.00 for PBR. I am not real picky about beer as I drink Bud, Bud light or Miller Lite and they taste fine to me. That said I tried a PBR and did not finish half of it. Rancid pond water would be the best way to describe it~

well shit....I give up. hey some folks dig IPA's and I think they taste like rotten grapefruit so what do I know.

frankotank
08-26-2011, 08:35 AM
Hipster kids are taking over the world. First it's Arcade Fire winning a Grammy... now it's patriotic appeals to drink PBR.

Next thing I know everyone's going to be wearing skinny jeans and scarves in the middle of summer whilst discussing bands nobody's ****ing heard of in coffee shops.

hey man I've been wearing chuck taylors and concert shirts (that I actually got AT THE CONCERT...not walmart!) for 30 years. and now all these lil bizatches are wearing my stuff....which in turn makes me look like some old loser trying to look young again.

I hate people....

Radar Chief
08-26-2011, 08:38 AM
well shit....I give up. hey some folks dig IPA's and I think they taste like rotten grapefruit so what do I know.

Hey I dig IPA's, my favorite warm weather craft beer. Winter I'll switch to porters and stouts but they're a bit heavy when its hot out.
I'm with you on PBR's though, they have a better flavor than most other commercial brews, but I can also understand that the more delicate pallets can't handle a mans beer like PBR. :Poke:

ChiefGator
08-26-2011, 08:39 AM
A dollar is too much for a PBR. I used to drink it when I couldn't afford anything else and it was $4.25 per a 12-pack. Now it is way too expensive.

It's beer that tastes like ass.. Mmmmm....

Funny video though.

RNR
08-26-2011, 08:40 AM

I think beer is an acquired taste as the first one I ever tried tasted terrible. After time I started to like the taste of it. I guess if someone grew up drinking it they would develop a taste for it~

RNR
08-26-2011, 08:41 AM
A dollar is too much for a PBR. I used to drink it when I couldn't afford anything else and it was $4.25 per a 12-pack. Now it is way too expensive.

It's beer that tastes like ass.. Mmmmm....

Funny video though.

One dollar for a beer is the cheapest price I have seen in a bar for years~

frankotank
08-26-2011, 08:42 AM
Hey I dig IPA's, my favorite warm weather craft beer. Winter I'll switch to porters and stouts but they're a bit heavy when its hot out.
I'm with you on PBR's though, they have a better flavor than most other commercial brews, but I can also understand that the more delicate pallets can't handle a mans beer like PBR. :Poke:

hopslam is the only IPA I've ever had that I thought was great.
sam adams octoberfest is out now. very tasty.

gblowfish
08-26-2011, 08:45 AM
I have a buddy of mine that loves PBR. We went to Knucklehead's Wed Night for a show, they had 24 OZ cans of PBR in an iced cattle trough, $2.00 per can. He had two of them in about 30 mins. I guess you can force it down if it's ice cold.

I'd rather have a Boulevard... tonight I'll be working on a six pack of Bob's 47 during the Chiefs game.

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/snhiofL2Rh4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Radar Chief
08-26-2011, 08:50 AM
hopslam is the only IPA I've ever had that I thought was great.
sam adams octoberfest is out now. very tasty.

I'm a "hop head" so I'm pretty good with most IPA's. A good hopjack will get my motor running too.

Radar Chief
08-26-2011, 08:51 AM
I have a buddy of mine that loves PBR. We went to Knucklehead's Wed Night for a show, they had 24 OZ cans of PBR in an iced cattle trough, $2.00 per can. He had two of them in about 30 mins. I guess you can force it down if it's ice cold.

I'd rather have a Boulevard... tonight I'll be working on a six pack of Bob's 47 during the Chiefs game.

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/snhiofL2Rh4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:LOL: Every time I crack a PBR I think of that scene.

Fish
08-26-2011, 08:57 AM
like I said I'm a beer snob (thank God for Blvd BBQ!) but I just don't see pbr as tasting terrible. old milwaukee, schafers, schlitz...gross. look, if pbr is good enough for kid rock....it should be good enough for you fo shizzle.

I had a PBR last weekend actually. A friend offered, and I couldn't say no.

I've drank plenty of PBR in my day. Back in college, there was a bar called Pat's Blue Ribbon BBQ, which always had PBR on special for $3.50 a pitcher. For that price, I drank a lot. But every pitcher included the bitter beer face and a healthy dose of violent morning shits the next day. I'd drink Old Milwaukee all damn day before I'd ask for a PBR.

Fish
08-26-2011, 09:00 AM
The Flea Market sells 24oz. cans of PBR for $5. And people buy that shit up all night...

MOhillbilly
08-26-2011, 09:03 AM
Back when at the bar id double fist em Frank Booth style. One for drinkin one for a weapon.

KCUnited
08-26-2011, 09:04 AM
3 bucks a pint at Mike's Tavern.

frankotank
08-26-2011, 09:05 AM
I had a PBR last weekend actually. A friend offered, and I couldn't say no.

I've drank plenty of PBR in my day. Back in college, there was a bar called Pat's Blue Ribbon BBQ, which always had PBR on special for $3.50 a pitcher. For that price, I drank a lot. But every pitcher included the bitter beer face and a healthy dose of violent morning shits the next day. I'd drink Old Milwaukee all damn day before I'd ask for a PBR.

that got me laughing. funny. yeah if pbr gave me the squirts I'd stay away from it. not good. old milwaukee light, although not the tasty treat that is pbr, isn't too bad...better that old mil regular.

Valiant
08-26-2011, 09:06 AM

Most of those other shit beers are made by pbr/miller, like the george straight movie, that little white spec is shit to..

Also, if miller brews their beer it is not an american beer.

rocknrolla
08-26-2011, 09:06 AM
I prefer Hamms. Do they still make Hamms?

MOhillbilly
08-26-2011, 09:10 AM

Fuck yes.

MOhillbilly
08-26-2011, 09:12 AM
3 bucks a pint at Mike's Tavern.

Recockulos

gblowfish
08-26-2011, 09:14 AM

From the Land of Sky Blue Waters,
From the land of pines' lofty balsams,
Comes the beer refreshing,
Hamm's the beer refreshing.

Brewed where nature works her wonders,
Aged for many moons, gently mellowed,
Hamm's the beer refreshing,

From across the rippling water,
Through the whisp'ring pines and birches,

Comes a call to cool enchantment,
Comes a call to cool refreshment,

Hints of lakes and sunset breezes,
Dance and sparkle in each glassful,

rocknrolla
08-26-2011, 09:18 AM
**** yes.

It's from the land of sky blue water. Or was it the commercial I liked?

seclark
08-26-2011, 09:26 AM
i started my life of beer drinking stealing my old man's falstaff. grab a couple cans and sneak off to the woods w/a screwdriver to open them up.(before tab tops) after that, i can drink just about any kind of beer.
sec

frankotank
08-26-2011, 10:35 AM
i started my life of beer drinking stealing my old man's falstaff. i can drink just about any kind of beer.
sec

apparently! :eek:

gblowfish
08-26-2011, 10:42 AM
When I was growing up, cheap beer was called "Yard Beer," because you'd usually drink a can after mowing the yard. This is before "Light Beer" even existed.

Brands of "yard beer" would include:

PBR
Busch
Hamm's
Schlitz
Old Style
Old Milwaukee
Falstaff
Lemp
Stag
Stroh's
Huber
Point
Olympia
Pearl
Lone Star
Genesee
Carling Black Label
Schmidt's
Shaefer
Iron City
Blatz
Leinenkugel

Coors was considered a step up, because it was hard to get in the Midwest. Now I think you'd consider it in the same category as most of these yard beers.

mlyonsd
08-26-2011, 10:44 AM

If anyone has a working Hamm's scrolling scenery sign and wants to get rid of it we need to talk.

Radar Chief
08-26-2011, 10:49 AM
i started my life of beer drinking stealing my old man's falstaff. grab a couple cans and sneak off to the woods w/a screwdriver to open them up.(before tab tops) after that, i can drink just about any kind of beer.
sec

Wiedemans, $4.10 a 12 pack, don't even know if they make that swill anymore.
Drinking age in Kansas used to be 18 and since I was a good sized kid I was passing for that when I was 16, but thats back when $10 was entertainment for the evening. $5 in gas and a twelver of Wiedemans.

MOhillbilly
08-26-2011, 10:57 AM
sec

Red white N blue and the beast. He always knew when id been in the beer. Kinda took the fun out of it.

ModSocks
08-26-2011, 10:58 AM
Great. There's a fucking Chiefs game on today and my wife is giving me shit because I've been drinking almost every day for the last two weeks.

I don't see what the big f'n deal is. It's not like I am getting drunk. Like I explained to her yesterday, the only reason I even bought a beer yesterday was because I had no weed.

Women just don't understand.

So WTF am I suppose to do now? Now How am I suppose to enjoy the game? I've got no weed and if i buy a beer I'll just get bitched at the entire time, making it so I can't enjoy my game.

Watch it sober? Pffffff.....yeah, that sounds fun.....

Delano
08-26-2011, 11:14 AM
Great. There's a fucking Chiefs game on today and my wife is giving me shit because I've been drinking almost every day for the last two weeks.

I don't see what the big f'n deal is. It's not like I am getting drunk. Like I explained to her yesterday, the only reason I even bought a beer yesterday was because I had no weed.

Women just don't understand.

So WTF am I suppose to do now? Now How am I suppose to enjoy the game? I've got no weed and if i buy a beer I'll just get bitched at the entire time, making it so I can't enjoy my game.

Watch it sober? Pffffff.....yeah, that sounds fun.....

Buy some beer and take a stand you pussy.
Posted via Mobile Device

ModSocks
08-26-2011, 11:15 AM
Buy some beer and take a stand you pussy.
Posted via Mobile Device

You don't know my wife. She'd probably chuck it at my head.

I wanna enjoy my game.

OnTheWarpath15
08-26-2011, 11:16 AM
When I was growing up, cheap beer was called "Yard Beer," because you'd usually drink a can after mowing the yard. This is before "Light Beer" even existed.

Brands of "yard beer" would include:

PBR
Busch
Hamm's
Schlitz
Old Style
Old Milwaukee
Falstaff
Lemp
Stag
Stroh's
Huber
Point
Olympia
Pearl
Lone Star
Genesee
Carling Black Label
Schmidt's
Shaefer
Iron City
Blatz
Leinenkugel

Coors was considered a step up, because it was hard to get in the Midwest. Now I think you'd consider it in the same category as most of these yard beers.

I had Old Style for the first time last weekend at Wrigley Field.

Not good, but not nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be.

vailpass
08-26-2011, 11:16 AM
I have nothing against Peeber though I don't like that it is the hipster beer of choice around here.

Fish
08-26-2011, 11:18 AM

Old Style is also made by Pabst....

vailpass
08-26-2011, 11:19 AM

Dog Smiles need to be so cold you can hardly hold the can, then they are refreshing and palatable.
At Wrigley you get a semi-warm tall boy which makes it tougher going down.

ModSocks
08-26-2011, 11:20 AM
I have nothing against Peeber though I don't like that it is the hipster beer of choice around here.

I noticed that too. But im an against the grain kinda guy.

Mexicans: Corona/Tecate/Bud

Whities: PBR/Sam Adams/Coors

Black: Old English

Me: Livin' the High Life Bitches.

OnTheWarpath15
08-26-2011, 11:23 AM
Dog Smiles need to be so cold you can hardly hold the can, then they are refreshing and palatable.
At Wrigley you get a semi-warm tall boy which makes it tougher going down.

I was getting drafts from the concourse. Might have been the coldest draft beer I've ever had. I was shocked.

Save one stand that sells "specialty" beers, you have four options at Wrigley - Bud, BL, Old Style and Old Style Light.

I drank OS exclusively at every game.

vailpass
08-26-2011, 11:27 AM
I noticed that too. But im an against the grain kinda guy.

Mexicans: Corona/Tecate/Bud

Whities: PBR/Sam Adams/Coors

Black: Old English

Me: Livin' the High Life Bitches.

Heh, nice!

Funny thing in PHX, Mexicans don't drink mcuh of the Corona/Tecate. According to a recent AZ Republic article the overwhelming beer of choice is among the Mexican population here is Bud Light.

seclark
08-26-2011, 11:27 AM
9-0-5 beer from the 9-0-5 liquor stores. was this just a st.louis thing, or were there 9-0-5's around kc?
sec

vailpass
08-26-2011, 11:28 AM
I was getting drafts from the concourse. Might have been the coldest draft beer I've ever had. I was shocked.

Save one stand that sells "specialty" beers, you have four options at Wrigley - Bud, BL, Old Style and Old Style Light.

I drank OS exclusively at every game.

Sweet. I haven't been to a game at Wrigley in years. Used to go fairly often when I lived in Iowa and all I ever got was tall boys from the vendor guy.

Baby Lee
08-26-2011, 11:54 AM
Worst beer I've had has to be Rhinelander. Take Milwaukee's Best and soak a pine tree air freshener in it.

gblowfish
08-26-2011, 12:12 PM
9-0-5 beer from the 9-0-5 liquor stores. was this just a st.louis thing, or were there 9-0-5's around kc?
sec

We had 9-0-5 Liquor Store in Columbia when I went to Mizzou. You could buy a case of this crap in cans or brown bottles for about $7.00. Awful, brewed with Chicago river water in some crappy old Chicago brewery that Al Capone used to own.

Another bad beer was Weidemann's from Pittsburgh. It was dirt cheap and God Awful too. Pale piss yellow color, real thin, fizzy head, went flat in about five minutes. But cheap as Hell. We used to buy as much quantity of beer as a dollar would buy then, as quantity was much more important than quality. Brands we would buy for dirt cheap would include Red, White and Blue, Grain Belt, and these two. We would splurge for Busch in longneck bottles.

frankotank
08-26-2011, 12:46 PM
Heh, nice!

Funny thing in PHX, Mexicans don't drink mcuh of the Corona/Tecate. According to a recent AZ Republic article the overwhelming beer of choice is among the Mexican population here is Bud Light.

I was in mexico, ordered a corona, waiter made a face, when he came back wiuth the beer I asked him about it. he told me corona is swill to them. they despise it and think it's so funny we pay as much as we do here in the US ro it.

seclark
08-26-2011, 12:47 PM
We had 9-0-5 Liquor Store in Columbia when I went to Mizzou. You could buy a case of this crap in cans or brown bottles for about $7.00. Awful, brewed with Chicago river water in some crappy old Chicago brewery that Al Capone used to own.

Another bad beer was Weidemann's from Pittsburgh. It was dirt cheap and God Awful too. Pale piss yellow color, real thin, fizzy head, went flat in about five minutes. But cheap as Hell. We used to buy as much quantity of beer as a dollar would buy then, as quantity was much more important than quality. Brands we would buy for dirt cheap would include Red, White and Blue, Grain Belt, and these two. We would splurge for Busch in longneck bottles.

damn straight on the weidemanns. my old man confiscated some off some hippies in the park one time, and my bro and i ripped off several cans and went down to the river to camp. that night i cracked one open and when i took the last swallow, there was a bug, or a cig butt in it. it tasted better than the 2nd can.
sec

boogblaster
08-26-2011, 12:49 PM
PBR ... sucks ... Busch aint bad ....

Discuss Thrower
08-26-2011, 12:51 PM
I was in mexico, ordered a corona, waiter made a face, when he came back wiuth the beer I asked him about it. he told me corona is swill to them. they despise it and think it's so funny we pay as much as we do here in the US ro it.

I think I got a thumbs up from a waiter in Mexico when I asked for Negra Modelo. Thought that was kinda cool.

seclark
08-26-2011, 12:52 PM
PBR ... sucks ... Busch aint bad ....

actually, it's all good, there's just some better than others.
sec

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-26-2011, 01:18 PM
PBR is my favorite cheap-o beer.

Bob Dole
08-26-2011, 01:31 PM

They had it in Springfield, too.

And if Bob Dole remembers, the $7/case included the $2 deposit on the returnable bottles.

Discuss Thrower
08-26-2011, 01:32 PM
PBR is my favorite cheap-o beer.

Yeah and you probably wear jeans two-to-three sizes too small.

Bob Dole
08-26-2011, 01:33 PM

And a belt buckle bigger than his head!

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-26-2011, 01:33 PM

:spock: Wut?

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-26-2011, 01:34 PM
And a belt buckle bigger than his head!

That would be one hell of a belt buckle.

gblowfish
08-26-2011, 01:54 PM
Weidemann's beer was brewed just south of Cincy in Newport, KY. It was a big brewery at the turn of the century. It was a regional brand popular in southern Ohio, Kentucky and Tennessee. In 1967 they were bought out by Heilmann. The brand name has changed hands several times since then. Now I don't believe anybody is brewing it.

Pabst owns a bunch of these older regional yard beers now, including Oly, Stag, Lone Star, Pearl, Old Style, Stroh's and others. If you look at their websites, the designs are identical on each.

vailpass
08-26-2011, 02:00 PM
Anybody remember Schmidt beer that had all the different wild animal pictures on their cans?

Bowser
08-26-2011, 02:07 PM

<iframe width="420" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/oq6wYSo9uPM?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

gblowfish
08-26-2011, 02:08 PM
Here's something else that is weird. Even though Pabst owns all these different brands, they no longer have their own brewery. All their beers are contracted out to other brewers, primarily to Miller-Coors now (who is owned by South Africans). Story from about a year ago in Inc. Magazine:

http://www.inc.com/news/articles/2010/06/metropoulos-buys-pabst-brewing-company.html

A Makeover for Pabst Blue Ribbon?

Pabst Blue Ribbon has been enjoying a renaissance thanks to its retro chic appeal, but will the beer soon undergo another makeover?

Businessman C. Dean Metropoulos – who built Chef Boyardee, Birds Eye, and Vlasic Pickles into billon-dollar brands – has bought Pabst Brewing Company for $250 million from the nonprofit Kalmanovitz Charitable Foundation. (ConAgra bought International Home Foods, owner of Chef Boyardee and others, in 2000 for $2.9 billion. In 2007, Blackstone bought Pinnacle Foods, owner of Birds Eye, for $2.2 billion.)

The 165-year-old Pabst Brewing Company – which owns 32 brands, including Schlitz, Colt 45, Lone Star and Old Style – actually is a misnomer, since it no longer owns its own brewery. (It contracts with others, including MillerCoors.) Pabst was established in Milwaukee in 1844, earned its "blue ribbon" status at the World's Fair in 1893 – but shut down its last Milwaukee brewery in 1996.

The company was bought in 1985 by beer tycoon Paul Kalmanovitz, who died in 1987. Pabst was left to the charitable foundation following the death of his widow. The IRS has repeatedly declared since 1996 that the foundation couldn't own a for-profit business and set a 2010 deadline for the sale, according to Beer Business Daily.

According to Ad Age, Pabst Blue Ribbon posted gains in the four weeks that ended May 16 – while Bud Light, Coors and Miller Lite all declined. (Just four of the top 30 beer brands showed upticks at the beginning of their crucial selling season.) It's good news for the brand that once was one of America's most popular beers – sales peaked in 1977 with sales of 18 million barrels per year, and bottomed out in 2001 with just 1 million barrels sold.

Sales began climbing again in 2002 as hipsters discovered the beer. But there are concerns that Pabst – perhaps better known for its ultra-cheap price tag than its great taste – won't be able to hold its ground against the booming craft beers industry.

Look for Metropoulos's sons Evan, 29, and Daren, 26, to mastermind any Pabst makeover. Among the twentysomething tycoons' hits include a relationship between Chef Boyardee and the WWF, and getting Bumble Bee tuna fan Howard Stern to promote the brand, according to Daily Finance. Evan also parlayed a Greek holiday chance meeting with Jennifer Aniston's cousin into a product placement for another Metropoulos brand, Gulden mustard, in Aniston's film "Picture Perfect." And the brothers were instrumental in turning Perrier Jouet into the rappers' fizz of choice, donating cases to their music industry pals and getting the brand featured in videos and at Limp Bizkit concerts.

Will aggressive marketing ruin Pabst's street cred? Stay tuned.

Stewie
08-26-2011, 02:15 PM

My sister and BIL lived in Louisville when Coors wasn't sold east of KS and would take as many cases as they could pack back to Louisville. My BIL said his neighbors and friends thought it was nectar of the gods. Funny how things are much better when there's no availability.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
08-26-2011, 02:33 PM

And don't forget Buckhorn and Black Label.

(Boy, that brings back some horrible memories)

seclark
08-26-2011, 02:52 PM
Anybody remember Schmidt beer that had all the different wild animal pictures on their cans?

yes...i had a few of their cans, but don't think i ever drank any.

how about olde frothingslosh? "the pale stale ale with the foam on the bottom"
always had a pic of a very hefty lass on the can.
sec
edit...found a pic of one:

VAChief
08-26-2011, 05:02 PM

There used to be a deli in Springfield when I was going to MSU (Then SMSU) on National that sold PBR drafts for .15 at lunch. Needless to say the afternoon classes were often a snooze fest if we made it at all. It definitely has a unique taste, but ice cold I actually grew to like it. Of course I never buy it now unless I am feeling nostalgic. The deli also used to have different chug contests at night...fastest, etc. The best one was the "grossest chug." The guy who brought what looked like a used kotex then dipped in his beer and proceeded to chug it, won hands down.

NewChief
08-26-2011, 05:10 PM
I drink PBR pretty often. Prefer Old Style, but PBR is cheaper.

BigVE
08-26-2011, 05:12 PM
At a bar I used to frequent they have PBR tall boys for $1.75. That's my "go to" beer when an old "buddy" comes in says "Hey, you gonna buy me a beer?" I think it's popularity, at least locally, is with the younger college crowd and the local red necks since it's a cheap drink. I drink it on occasion but it's pretty far down my list of preferred beers.

KCUnited
08-26-2011, 05:16 PM
I'll drink PBR at Buzzard Beach HH for $.75, leave that last quarter dangling out there to let them know to keep them coming.