PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Kerry Colbert getting some reps with the 1's

Mr. Laz
08-28-2011, 04:11 PM
610SportsKC (http://twitter.com/#%21/610SportsKC) 610 Sports Radio- KC

#Chiefs (http://twitter.com/#%21/search?q=%23Chiefs) Kerry Colbert getting work at WR in 1st team lineup with Dwayne Bowe. New TE Anthony Becht also takes 1st team reps on Sunday

CaliforniaChief
08-28-2011, 04:12 PM
Colbert definitely deserves a look.

whoman69
08-28-2011, 04:12 PM
looks like we can pencil him on the 53 then.

The Bad Guy
08-28-2011, 04:16 PM
He's making the team. Too much hype.

Bowe, Urban, Colbert, Breaston, Baldwin and Cooper I would imagine.

Bowser
Unless it's from @nickwright, I don't buy it.

Thig Lyfe
WE'RE DOOMED!

Or... maybe WE'RE SAVED!!!

WebGem
08-28-2011, 04:17 PM
Kerry Collins is a legend

KCrockaholic
08-28-2011, 04:17 PM
Colbert looked good when I saw him Wednesday. He probably deserves a shot.

Okie_Apparition
08-28-2011, 04:24 PM
Is BRAB handling the right tackle spot

RealSNR
08-28-2011, 07:12 PM
You know how Haley works. But I'm still wondering where Baldwin fits in when he gets healthy again.

I really hope he's not just a 4th option or some shit like that

mcaj22
08-28-2011, 07:19 PM
it will be interesting to see where Tucker/Horne land in terms of other teams and if they can potentially turn into gold. (Either of them could end up on a team like the Colts and I think look decent)

I think they both have potential, but they arent projects worth investing in for the schedule we have this season

ILChief
08-28-2011, 07:20 PM

I think you're right. If it were me I'd keep Tucker over Urban though.

Marcellus
08-28-2011, 07:26 PM
You know how Haley works. But I'm still wondering where Baldwin fits in when he gets healthy again.

As long as we are winning I don't care where Baldwin fits THIS season. A better way to put it would be it's not the end of the world if he isn;t an impact player this year. Obviously I would rather he play well and be a stud than not.

If we do well with another 3 WR and he is having a hard time making the field, that's not the worst thing.

I would rather he contribute but if we are winning games, doing well and it's with Bowe, Breaston, Colbert and ___________(insert name here).

I don't mind.

If he completely flames out long term then it's a bad deal. Rookie WR rarely make a big impact.

It's nice to see some depth to the point we don't need a rookie WR to be ballz to make the team good.

Bowe his rookie year was a necessity, I don't know Baldwin is. I hope not anyway.

O.city
08-28-2011, 07:27 PM

I was thinking the same thing. If they stick him behind Urban it will be terrible. If someone is that talented with that skill set he needs to be getting his fair share of targets to make this offense that much scarier.

To me Urbhan is just another guy who at best is a 4 or 5 receiver. At best.

Mr. Laz
08-28-2011, 07:28 PM
Haley is a tough love type guy ... especially with receivers.

I expect Baldwin to be buried on the depth chart.

O.city
08-28-2011, 07:30 PM
As long as we are winning I don't care where Baldwin fits THIS season. A better way to put it would be it's not the end of the world if he isn;t an impact player this year. Obviously I would rather he play well and be a stud than not.

If we do well with another 3 WR and he is having a hard time making the field, that's not the worst thing.

I would rather he contribute but if we are winning games, doing well and it's with Bowe, Breaston, Colbert and ___________(insert name here).

I don't mind.

If he completely flames out long term then it's a bad deal. Rookie WR rarely make a big impact.

It's nice to see some depth to the point we don't need a rookie WR to be ballz to make the team good.

Bowe his rookie year was a necessity, I don't know Baldwin is. I hope not anyway.

Yes but Baldwin on a talent level alone is the 2 best receiver on this team and possible the best. We didn't draft him to come in a be behind those 3. While i don't expect him to be a world beater at first with Haley's reputation as a WR guy, he should be better than 4th.

beach tribe
08-28-2011, 07:34 PM
I've had a really good feeling about this guy after what Haley, and everyone else who has knowledge of the situation, said about him.

Marcellus
08-28-2011, 07:37 PM
Yes but Baldwin on a talent level alone is the 2 best receiver on this team and possible the best. We didn't draft him to come in a be behind those 3. While i don't expect him to be a world beater at first with Haley's reputation as a WR guy, he should be better than 4th.

I won't argue any of that but couple the complete lack of off season practice for rookies this year with his now limited time due to injury and it's a bad combo for this season.

Fortunately I think we will still be better than last year at WR regardless. Breaston alone should offset a lot of that.

donkhater
08-28-2011, 08:01 PM

I don't. Baldwin is a tall physical freak. You play him inside the twenty and I dont think even Cassel can throw it too high that he can't get it. He was drafted because this team is desperately lacking in WR game breakers. Breaston and Urban have not shown anything yet.

Hammock Parties
08-28-2011, 08:26 PM
I think we have to keep six WRs as insurance in case Baldwin is a major project.

lcarus
08-28-2011, 09:14 PM
Colbert definitely deserves a look.

Yeah, I feel like we need so much help at WR, we should give this guy a shot and hope he surprises us and becomes a contributor come week 1. Baldwin is just a question mark at this point. I know he'll be good, but I don't know when he'll play and how much he'll play. I have 0 faith in Urban, and I'm not a huge fan of Breaston. Though he is a pretty ok acquisition.

Frankie
08-28-2011, 11:28 PM

When did we sign Cooper?

RealSNR
08-29-2011, 12:10 AM
When did we sign Cooper?When we traded Ryan Simms

MoreLemonPledge
08-29-2011, 12:12 AM
Who the fuck is Kerry Colbert? You'd think a radio station whose sole focus is sports would know how to spell his name.

cdcox
08-29-2011, 12:42 AM
Is the "t" silent?

MoreLemonPledge
08-29-2011, 12:44 AM
http://www.pirateshows.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/The-Colbert-Report.png

Phobia
08-29-2011, 06:36 AM
This is good news. I think the dude is underrated.

Tribal Warfare
08-29-2011, 07:00 AM
I'm really worried about Baldwin's thumb/wrist healing in a fashion that will become more of a chronic injury that'll affect his entire football career.

SAUTO
08-29-2011, 07:03 AM
I'm really worried about Baldwin's thumb/wrist healing in a fashion that will become more of a chronic injury that'll affect his entire football career.

yeah you keep saying this.

MahiMike
08-29-2011, 07:08 AM
Haley will bring Baldwin along slowly where our schedule is easiest. Last half of the season, he'll be our secret weapon!

Micjones
08-29-2011, 07:13 AM
Can't imagine that Haley will keep Colbert & Urban.
I think it'll be one or the other.

Chiefs=Champions
08-29-2011, 07:23 AM

In what way? i have a " fucked " thumb, which is swollen for life, yet it dosnt hurt my ability to catch a football...

Oxford
08-29-2011, 07:36 AM
Bowe, Urban, Colbert, Breaston, Baldwin and Copper I would imagine.

FYP, I think "copper-a-feel" is on the bubble

Marcellus
08-29-2011, 07:57 AM

You waste your time worrying about baseless ignorant shit then.

Crush
08-29-2011, 09:05 AM
We need everyone for the Run and Shoot.

Frankie
08-29-2011, 09:25 AM
Who the **** is Kerry Colbert? You'd think a radio station whose sole focus is sports would know how to spell his name.
Maybe station manager is Persian. :shrug: Colbert's first name is a bad word in Farsi.

The Franchise
08-29-2011, 09:30 AM
I think we have to keep six WRs as insurance in case Baldwin is a major project.

And that would be possible if we got rid of the one of the 8 billion RBs we have on this roster.

RB: Charles, Jones, McClain, McCluster
WR: Bowe, Breaston, Baldwin, Urban, Colbert, Copper

ChiefaRoo
08-29-2011, 09:30 AM
Maybe station manager is Persian. :shrug: Colbert's first name is a bad word in Farsi.

Who gives a shit frankie

Frankie
08-29-2011, 09:33 AM
Who gives a shit frankie

The station manager?

Chief Faithful
08-29-2011, 09:34 AM
The one I'm still curious about is Horne. It seems Copper and Tucker are as good as they are going to get, but Horne has so much speed and potential even though he is not as polished as Copper and Tucker. Do you keep one reciever over another based on potential alone? If Horne can produce on special teams as well as Copper and Tucker should he get the last spot? Can Horne work from practice squad another year?

Bowe, Baldwin, Colbert, Urban, and Breaston should get the top 5 spots. After that I'm very interested in what the Chiefs do with Horne.

Frankie
08-29-2011, 09:34 AM
And that would be possible if we got rid of the one of the 8 billion RBs we have on this roster.

RB: Charles, Jones, McClain, McCluster

That seems awfully thin for a 16 game season.

ModSocks
08-29-2011, 09:58 AM

I agree. It'll be awhile before we see Baldwin on the field....maybe Just red zone situations, I can see that.....

Micjones
08-29-2011, 10:30 AM
I wanna see Tucker make this team.

ModSocks
08-29-2011, 10:32 AM
I wanna see Tucker make this team.

I did. Then i watched him drop his roster spot on Friday.

Dude had a chance to solidify his spot....and he literally dropped every opportunity he had to put it on lockdown.

Now he has to worry about Horne taking his job.

DBOSHO
08-29-2011, 10:36 AM
I did. Then i watched him drop his roster spot in Friday.

Dude had a chance to solidify his spot....and he literally dropped every opportunity he had to put it on lockdown.

Now he has to worry about Horne taking his job.

this. I was a fan of his until he dropped every pretty pass Stanzi threw to him.

The Franchise
08-29-2011, 10:41 AM
That seems awfully thin for a 16 game season.

Ummm....how so?

Charles gets 70% of the carries.
Jones gets 15%.
McClain gets 10% and plays FB when needed.
McCluster gets 5%.

Pasta Little Brioni
08-29-2011, 11:45 AM

Give it a rest.

Frankie
08-29-2011, 12:07 PM
this. I was a fan of his until he dropped every pretty pass Stanzi threw to him.

And they were Dick-Stanzi-pretty.

Frankie
08-29-2011, 12:08 PM
Ummm....how so?

Charles gets 70% of the carries.
Jones gets 15%.
McClain gets 10% and plays FB when needed.
McCluster gets 5%.

We are really talking about two positions. HB and FB. 4 players to cover 2 positions all season would be risky, IMO.

mcaj22
08-29-2011, 12:09 PM
i'm telling you whoever is caught in the numbers game between Horne/Tucker will get picked up by a team like the Colts/Pats/etc and they will find a nice role there.

Especially Horne, who has the speed + potential. This isn't like we are cutting Tank McBride and Turk Johnson bozo scrubs here, both guys have potential to find work as projects on another roster and could maybe pan out.

RealSNR
08-29-2011, 12:09 PM
I did. Then i watched him drop his roster spot on Friday.

Now he has to worry about Horne taking his job.This.

The Miles Austins of this league are much rarer than people think.

MahiMike
08-29-2011, 12:13 PM
I think Haley has proven that whatever '6' make the team won't be the same '6' at the end of the season.

Chief Faithful
08-29-2011, 12:18 PM
i'm telling you whoever is caught in the numbers game between Horne/Tucker will get picked up by a team like the Colts/Pats/etc and they will find a nice role there.

Especially Horne, who has the speed + potential. This isn't like we are cutting Tank McBride and Turk Johnson bozo scrubs here, both guys have potential to find work as projects on another roster and could maybe pan out.

I'm in agreement, which is why I'm confused at the number of Copper fans.

mcaj22
08-29-2011, 12:20 PM
Tucker had a bad game and a lot of drops but it's not like we are dealing with Quientin Lawrence type WR play from him and somehow Quientin Lawrence has managed to stay on this team since 09 like the fucking plague

Tribal Warfare
08-29-2011, 12:39 PM
In what way? i have a " fucked " thumb, which is swollen for life, yet it dosnt hurt my ability to catch a football...

yes it does, gripping the football and the proper technique for catching the ball in crossing routes and curls by forming a "diamond" shaped target with your hands. That's not including possible nerve damage too.

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/eb/fullj.4b5eb1e92643d62473f8983d43a84766/4b5eb1e92643d62473f8983d43a84766-getty-120184518.jpg

mcaj22
08-29-2011, 12:46 PM
not the same sport but I have played about 15 years worth of basketball at the high school and district III college level (i know, dont poke fun) and my fingers look like mashed potatoes and it never hindered me from gripping any sort of balls. (yea, I know that's what she said)

I think his big lanky shaped thumb will be okay and it's nothing some joystick practice on an xbox controller (no joke) wont fix in terms of getting the nerves back to the right response.

it's not like cause he tried to stick his thumb in Thomas Jones's pudding pack and it was snapped off that Baldwin is going to forget how to use a thumb. He will still be able to stick it up stripper's buttholes and he will still be able to catch a football with it. Life will be okay.

Blick
08-29-2011, 03:19 PM
Colbert caught 2 passes for 14 yards in the Baltimore game. Other than that, he has literally done nothing.

Not sure why he is liked so much.

MahiMike
08-29-2011, 03:21 PM
I want Tucker gone! He pisses me off. Drops another pass. This time it made the difference in the game.

Chiefs=Champions
08-29-2011, 08:05 PM
yes it does, gripping the football and the proper technique for catching the ball in crossing routes and curls by forming a "diamond" shaped target with your hands. That's not including possible nerve damage too.

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/eb/fullj.4b5eb1e92643d62473f8983d43a84766/4b5eb1e92643d62473f8983d43a84766-getty-120184518.jpg

Yes. thanks i know how to catch a football. The point im making is that even with a swollen thumb i still catch the football at 100%. Youre saying that a broken wrist/thumb, is going to lead to him being unable to catch a ball?

Bullshit.

Chiefs=Champions
08-29-2011, 08:08 PM
In fact i play mutiple sports and have no trouble doing numerous things. I take it your "fears" are based on the fact that it wont heal right? Thats just conjecture. You have no idea how its going to effect him. At all. Broken wrists and thumbs happen. Its the nfl. Players deal with it...

Tribal Warfare
08-29-2011, 08:10 PM
Yes. thanks i know how to catch a football. The point im making is that even with a swollen thumb i still catch the football at 100%. Youre saying that a broken wrist/thumb, is going to lead to him being unable to catch a ball?

Bullshit.

so you see, if a well place ball at the point of the thumb could fuck up the nerve reaction also and hand movement again depending how severe and location of the fracture.

Chiefs=Champions
08-29-2011, 08:15 PM
so you see, if a well place ball at the point of the thumb could **** up the nerve reaction also and hand movement again depending how severe and location of the fracture.

Thats why you strap, wear gloves and let it heal before getting back on the field. You are being paranoid.

Tribal Warfare
08-29-2011, 08:21 PM
Thats why you strap, wear gloves and let it heal before getting back on the field. You are being paranoid.

we have reason to be, because you and I didn't see exactly how he fucked his thumb up, I don't want the kid to be addicted to pain killers if it's chronic and he has some type nerve damage. if he can't feel the palms of his hands ( which directly involves "the circuitry " of the thumb) it's going to be fucked up.

KcMizzou
08-29-2011, 08:24 PM
we have reason to be, because you and I didn't see exactly how he ****ed his thumb up, I don't want the kid to be addicted to pain killers if it's chronic and he has some type nerve damage. if he can't feel the palms of his hands ( which directly involves "the circuitry " of the thumb) it's going to be ****ed up.That's some pretty wild speculation.

Chiefs=Champions
08-29-2011, 08:26 PM
we have reason to be, because you and I didn't see exactly how he ****ed his thumb up, I don't want the kid to be addicted to pain killers if it's chronic and he has some type nerve damage. if he can't feel the palms of his hands ( which directly involves "the circuitry " of the thumb) it's going to be ****ed up.

LMAO come on man. Firstly i heard it was his wrist not his thumb. Secondly your own point makes your point moot. Youre saying we didnt see it so how could we tell? exactly.

Anything you say atm is just conjecture. Im telling you itll be ok. Everythings going to be alllllright.

One final point. Have you seen Torry Holt's Hands? Theyre fucked. He had quite a nice nfl life however....

Stop being a chicken little!

Chiefs=Champions
08-29-2011, 08:28 PM
That's some pretty wild speculation.

I heard it wasnt acutally a fist fight. But a gun fight. He no longer has a thumb as it was blown off. The cast is just covering it up so he can be traded.

Tribal Warfare
08-29-2011, 08:28 PM
LMAO come on man. Firstly i heard it was his wrist not his thumb. Secondly your own point makes your point moot. Youre saying we didnt see it so how could we tell? exactly.

Anything you say atm is just conjecture. Im telling you itll be ok. Everythings going to be alllllright.

How do you know that? Expect the worse, hope for the best

RealSNR
08-29-2011, 08:30 PM
Tank McBride and Turk Johnson

:facepalm:

RealSNR
08-29-2011, 08:33 PM
I'm in agreement, which is why I'm confused at the number of Copper fans.In terms of receiver skills Copper >>> Tucker or Horne. Yeah, experience helps, but I'll take that experience over Horne and Tucker's wheel-spinning careers anyday.

BigMeatballDave
08-29-2011, 09:13 PM
we have reason to be, because you and I didn't see exactly how he fucked his thumb up, I don't want the kid to be addicted to pain killers if it's chronic and he has some type nerve damage. if he can't feel the palms of his hands ( which directly involves "the circuitry " of the thumb) it's going to be fucked up.LMAO gotta love Kneejerk Planet

Ebolapox
08-29-2011, 09:16 PM
That's some pretty wild speculation.

the WR/QB whisperer strikes again!

MIAdragon
08-29-2011, 09:21 PM
In fact i play mutiple sports and have no trouble doing numerous things. I take it your "fears" are based on the fact that it wont heal right? Thats just conjecture. You have no idea how its going to effect him. At all. Broken wrists and thumbs happen. Its the nfl. Players deal with it...

lets not get all crazy here cricket hardly counts as a sport. OT I will be in your neck of the woods in a few months. Need some inside info on what to check out.

BossChief
08-29-2011, 09:22 PM
Tribal should ban himself for a week for his posts in this thread.

milkman
08-29-2011, 09:41 PM
How do you know that? Expect the worse, hope for the best

You are a fucking idiot.

Chiefs=Champions
08-29-2011, 09:45 PM
lets not get all crazy here cricket hardly counts as a sport. OT I will be in your neck of the woods in a few months. Need some inside info on what to check out.

LMAO i hate cricket mate. I play NFL, AFL, Soccer, Basketball and tennis.

Where abouts are you heading? Adelaide??

KcMizzou
08-29-2011, 09:52 PM
LMAO i hate cricket mate. I play NFL, AFL, Soccer, Basketball and tennis.

Where abouts are you heading? Adelaide??Do a lot of Australians like American football? The NFL?

Chiefs=Champions
08-29-2011, 09:58 PM
Do a lot of Australians like American football? The NFL?

Its growing in popularity, but theres still not a lot. We have our own sports. Like AFL, but me and a few of my friends do.. Whats not to like? :)

KcMizzou
08-29-2011, 10:01 PM
Its growing in popularity, but theres still not a lot. We have our own sports. Like AFL, but me and a few of my friends do.. Whats not to like? :)That's pretty cool.

And cool that you're interested (and knowledgeable enough) to get in there and argue about it.

Chiefs=Champions
08-29-2011, 10:05 PM
That's pretty cool.

And cool that you're interested (and knowledgeable enough) to get in there and argue about it.

Ive been following the nfl most of my life. I watch every game and read Chiefsplanet every day. Id like to think im in the upper quadrant of knowledge here, despite my location :p

Chiefs Pantalones
08-29-2011, 10:05 PM

Yep. You don't catch a football with your hands, you catch it with your fingertips.

KcMizzou
08-29-2011, 10:10 PM
Ive been following the nfl most of my life. I watch every game and read Chiefsplanet every day. Id like to think im in the upper quadrant of knowledge here, despite my location :pI don't doubt it at all.

Pasta Little Brioni
08-30-2011, 07:06 AM
we have reason to be, because you and I didn't see exactly how he fucked his thumb up, I don't want the kid to be addicted to pain killers if it's chronic and he has some type nerve damage. if he can't feel the palms of his hands ( which directly involves "the circuitry " of the thumb) it's going to be fucked up.

:facepalm: