PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Herm Edwards

synthesis2
08-29-2011, 03:06 PM
This has bugged me about this guy for a long time and just curious if anyone else ever noticed it.

First - guys seems like a nice guy, willing to go on interviews everywhere, be on sportscenter all the time, just do whatever had can to be in front of the camera. Also he had a good career in the NFL... and I"m sure there are many more possitive things I'm not bringing up.

With that said does anyone notice that 99% of the time he just says things everyone always knows. Its like he never prepares for any materials when he talks to someone...

interview host: Herm the chiefs have done a lot of good things this year with the team brining in mcClain etc etc... We all are very optomistic , what do you think?

Herm: Yes you should be, this was a great draft for the chiefs (although he dosent have a clue who they drafted) and the FA players should solidify them for a great run.....

alternate

interveiw host - With the poor draft this year and the lack of proven veterans, along with the chiefs gruling schedule, it looks like a rough year for the chiefs what do you think herm?

Herm - Yea it does, this happens in the league, it will be a rebuilding year for the but they could have done better in there draft (again, he has no idea who they drafted)

It just seems like he never really says anything ever that is new info that makes you think, he just does along with other people but has no idea of half the stuff he talks about...

sorry I'm home sick today and watching him for the last two hours on ESPN, I get absolutly zero info from him....

lcarus
08-29-2011, 03:09 PM
IMO the substance of what someone says in the media is irrelevant as long as the person has a vibrant personality.

MahiMike
08-29-2011, 03:19 PM
Herm has nice teeth.

Rooster
08-29-2011, 03:23 PM
Herm fingerbanged a tranny in KC.

Sofa King
08-29-2011, 03:25 PM
A Herm thread. This should go well on a day when everyone's pissed off at each other in phobia's thread.

DMAC
08-29-2011, 03:29 PM
Haleys fat

Okie_Apparition
08-29-2011, 04:59 PM
Herm cleans the gutters while the Super Bowl is on.

NaptownChief
08-29-2011, 05:02 PM
He might suck but at least he plays to win the game!

Bugeater
08-29-2011, 05:03 PM
Just the mention of his name makes my skin crawl. Fuck that guy, and fuck you for bringing him up.

yeti
08-29-2011, 05:07 PM
Yes. Herm is yet another tool on ESPN.

Dave Lane
08-29-2011, 05:34 PM
Herm is the worst coach in the history of the league. But he does have nice teeth.

crazycoffey
08-29-2011, 05:36 PM
yer a hurable spealer

BossChief
08-29-2011, 05:37 PM
I thought my heart was ripped from my chest when I saw a Herm thread with a KC header.

Your ass should be shot.

Crush
08-29-2011, 05:39 PM
Just the mention of his name makes my skin crawl. Fuck that guy, and fuck you for bringing him up.

This and the fact that we gave the Jets a 4th Round pick to take him off their hands is the icing on the shit cake.

FlaChief58
08-29-2011, 05:44 PM
He might suck but at least he plays to win the game!

Yeah but he sure as hell didn't coach to win the game :banghead:

T-post Tom
08-29-2011, 05:52 PM
I like Herm. I've heard him discuss the Chiefs' draft in detail on several occasions and he seemed well informed. His football knowledge is well above average as you'd expect from a man with his experience. His analysis of cornerback play has the unique insight that only comes from playing the position at the highest level (NFL).

He's a good man with integrity. He may not have had great success here as a head coach, but that doesn't make him a villain. His years here as an asst. coach and scout were productive. The work he did with the KC community was admirable. I watched him work at the Chiefs' free youth camp twice. He was amazingly kind and helpful to all. He was also very generous and humble on the few occasions that I spoke to him. Just my two cents...

beach tribe
08-29-2011, 08:54 PM
I remember when he used to describe a player, he would say something obvious about said player, and then say "that's what we like about him"

Like if he was talking about his son Marcus he would say "this is my son Marcus. That's what we like about him, he's my son.

Crush
08-29-2011, 08:59 PM
I'm still trying to convince the proper authorities to arrest Herm for crimes against humanity. Shitty conservative football should be against the law.

milkman
08-29-2011, 09:32 PM
I like Herm. I've heard him discuss the Chiefs' draft in detail on several occasions and he seemed well informed. His football knowledge is well above average as you'd expect from a man with his experience. His analysis of cornerback play has the unique insight that only comes from playing the position at the highest level (NFL).

He's a good man with integrity. He may not have had great success here as a head coach, but that doesn't make him a villain. His years here as an asst. coach and scout were productive. The work he did with the KC community was admirable. I watched him work at the Chiefs' free youth camp twice. He was amazingly kind and helpful to all. He was also very generous and humble on the few occasions that I spoke to him. Just my two cents...

A good man with integrity doesn't throw others under the bus for his failings.

synthesis2
08-29-2011, 11:12 PM
I'm not questioning the guys integrity or anything of the nature, I'm sure he is a great guy with a very good personality.

The point I am making is that its probably because espn has him in on more things than most people, but he just dosent seem prepared.

He dosent give examples of things he had observed of someone, just goes along with what everyone else says.

It amazing the way he is able to do it, pay attention next time, he will say nothing new everytime, just go along with the majortiy.

Backwards Masking
08-29-2011, 11:18 PM
anyone remember in the one interview when we played St. Louis in 06 and they asked him about the Govenor's Cup and he didn't know what it was?

Reporter : You excited to be playing for the Governor's Cup this year?

Herm: Huh?

reporter : the governor's cup?

herm: What's that?

reporter: it's the cup that goes to the winner to keep til the next time KC and STL teams play

herm: oh, oh yeah (pauses). do we got the cup now?

reporter: yeah, we got the cup

Herm : GOTTA KEEP THE CUP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL Ole Herm sure was quick on his feet!

wazu
08-29-2011, 11:20 PM
anyone remember in the one interview when we played St. Louis in 06 and they asked him about the Govenor's Cup and he didn't know what it was?

Reporter : You excited to be playing for the Governor's Cup this year?

Herm: Huh?

reporter : the governor's cup?

herm: What's that?

reporter: it's the cup that goes to the winner to keep til the next time KC and STL teams play

herm: oh, oh yeah (pauses). do we got the cup now?

reporter: yeah, we got the cup

Herm : GOTTA KEEP THE CUP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL Ole Herm sure was quick on his feet!

HAHAHA! May be the best Herm quote ever. And that's saying something.

KcMizzou
08-29-2011, 11:22 PM
A good man with integrity doesn't throw others under the bus for his failings.Herm's charismatic. He's a smooth talker... very likeable. You know, like a con-artist.

Rausch
08-29-2011, 11:34 PM
Herm's charismatic. He's a smooth talker... very likeable. You know, like a con-artist.

Stole some good couch years from me...

big nasty kcnut
08-30-2011, 02:09 AM
Fuck that cracker!

whoman69
08-30-2011, 08:57 AM
Herm is not a fountain of information. He does talk smoothly and is a camera hound. His biggest problem is that he has all his football ideas from when he played, and the game has moved on. I hated to watch Chiefs football when he was coach, not that they were on too often. We were outcoached every week.

He's one of those guys who wants you to like him, but will stab you in the back at first opportunity to make himself look good. I don't think his teams worked hard despite the fact he does. His players liked him because he didn't push them to be better, and he was their buddy. Derrick Johnson would have been an all-pro on a yearly basis with better coaching.

Chiefnj2
08-30-2011, 09:01 AM
As much as I dislike Herm, I've come to loathe Tony Dungy. When he's on the screen I want someone to hit him. Herm's a Dungy-lite.

DTLB58
08-30-2011, 11:13 AM
What always bugged me surrounding Herm and it wasn't so much Herm's fault as ESPN.

While he was the Chiefs coach Everyone at ESPN took their best shot at the Chiefs, especially T.J. at the Defense. But they never once blamed Herm for it.
He was always the nice guy, We love Herm. ESPN never held Edwards responsible for those Chief teams but wow, did they take their shots at the Players.

One quick story about Herm, Me and my son and friends went up to River Falls training camp. We went over to the dorms, I had bought a Gonzo Jersey to try an get autographed. We saw Tony come out all alone, he totally blew me off, yelled at us, told us to get away from there. Got in his car and sped off driving thru grass and over the curb. Big Man.

Herm, Bowe and Croyle came out next they all stopped, took pics, signed anything we had, shook hands and talked to us. It was nice after what we had just experienced with the ego of Mr. Gonzalez.

Okie_Apparition
08-30-2011, 11:15 AM
Maybe him and Steven A Smith will fight to the death in a cage match. The winner can take on Jim Rome

Reerun_KC
08-30-2011, 11:51 AM
When he comes on the radio and/or TV, I immedately turn it... The fact that he breaths just turns my stomach...

durtyrute
08-30-2011, 12:14 PM
He's better than most announcers, you can't expect the man to know everything about everything. I don't get all of the herm hate around here. If it wasn't for some of herms picks we would three years behind where we are now. He wasn't the best coach (never ever going for it, even when you're on the 1) but he got us some good players.

Deberg_1990
08-30-2011, 12:17 PM
I don't get all of the herm hate around here.

IM guessing it was because he was 15-33 in KC. Just a hunch...

T-post Tom
08-30-2011, 12:18 PM
A good man with integrity doesn't throw others under the bus for his failings.

Wasn't aware that he did that. Is that documented?

T-post Tom
08-30-2011, 12:20 PM
Herm, Bowe and Croyle came out next they all stopped, took pics, signed anything we had, shook hands and talked to us. It was nice after what we had just experienced with the ego of Mr. Gonzalez.

That's reflective of my interactions with Herm.