PDA

View Full Version : News Pursuit of subject who attemptted to enter Ft. Leonard Wood with assault rifle

DenverChief
08-29-2011, 03:28 PM
Fun to watch, listen to the audio the best you can and you can hear some pretty cool stuff. The reach speeds of 140 MPH -- you can hear that CVPI engine roaring and that just gives me goose bumps. Occasionally you can hear the popping of a firearm.

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Bs4fGQ3_OW0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Bs4fGQ3_OW0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

Chief Roundup
08-29-2011, 03:38 PM
when did this happen?

Mk19
08-29-2011, 03:40 PM
Interesting... Ft. Leonard Wood is where I did my first training when I joined the military. I've actually guarded the gate there several times.

DenverChief
08-29-2011, 03:49 PM
when did this happen?

Back in May 11th I think

DenverChief
08-29-2011, 03:52 PM
here is an article

Rolla, Missouri (KSDK)-- A judge has granted a motion for a change of venue in the case against a Southwest City man charged in the May invasion of the Fort Leonard Wood military base, and subsequent police chase that caused a lockdown at a college campus in Rolla.

Jurors in the case will be selected in Columbia which is the county seat of Boone County. The panel will be selected next spring, then transported to Rolla for the trial.

Cody Wilcoxson, 31, is charged in Phelps County with a multitude of felony charges relative to his unauthorized entry onto the army base, which was followed by a lengthy police chase that involved several exchanges of gunfire along Interstate 44.

Wilcoxson eventually exited the highway and went onto the campus of Missouri University of Science and Technology where he wrecked his car, then ran into a building on campus while carrying an AK-47 assault weapon.

Investigators say Wilxocoxson eludes authorities and entered a nearby home where he stole the resident's car keys and the chase was back on with police.

The chase finally ended when Wilcoxson was stopped in the stolen car and a dead-end gravel road more than 15 miles south of the Rolla city limits.

Wilcoxson is charged with seven counts each of first degree assault on a law enforcement officer and armed criminal action. He's also facing criminal charges of burglary, drug possession, possession of a loaded firearm on school property, unlawful possession of a firearm, burglary, and tampering.

If convicted, Wilcoxson could spend the rest of his life in prison. He's currently jailed on a one million dollars cash bond. His trial is slated to begin in April 2012.

http://www.ksdk.com/news/article/272909/3/Trial-set-for-Fort-Leonard-Wood-invader-arrested-in-Rolla

DenverChief
08-29-2011, 04:55 PM
Apparently this guy ran the gate at FLW and was chased by DA Police around base and back off until this video starts where St. Robert police pick up the chase from the DA police

BigRedChief
08-29-2011, 05:48 PM
What the hell kind of slackers they got working that gate that let the guy get more than two steps away?

DenverChief
08-29-2011, 05:55 PM
What the hell kind of slackers they got working that gate that let the guy get more than two steps away?

One of the reasons why all the branches are getting away from contract guards @ the gates in favor of civilian/military police

BigRedChief
08-29-2011, 05:58 PM
One of the reasons why all the branches are getting away from contract guards @ the gates in favor of civilian/military policeThey have contract guards? Not military with like, you know military grade weapons.....:rolleyes:

CrazyPhuD
08-29-2011, 06:01 PM
They have contract guards? Not military with like, you know military grade weapons.....:rolleyes:

The problem is...if you can shoot straight you're in Afghanistan. If you can't well...you're back home guarding the gates.

Bane
08-29-2011, 06:11 PM
He was giving the ole cop car HELL!!!!

DenverChief
08-29-2011, 06:34 PM
They have contract guards? Not military with like, you know military grade weapons.....:rolleyes:

Gate duty is typically handed by armed contract security guards occassionally sprinkled in with military police....AFAIK the contract guards contract ends Oct 1. At that point you will see DOD Police and Military Police manning all the gates.

DenverChief
08-29-2011, 06:35 PM
He was giving the ole cop car HELL!!!!

that CVPI was maxin out....course Id be willing to bet that magnum had a magnum under the hood

BigRedChief
08-29-2011, 06:51 PM
Gate duty is typically handed by armed contract security guards occassionally sprinkled in with military police....AFAIK the contract guards contract ends Oct 1. At that point you will see DOD Police and Military Police manning all the gates.You make the slighest suspious move at the gates I've been at lately you will find yourself surrounded by some bad asses carrying assult weapons and fingers on the triggers. There aint a slow/fat/retired wanna be officer to be found.

CrazyPhuD
08-29-2011, 06:56 PM
Gate duty is typically handed by armed contract security guards occassionally sprinkled in with military police....AFAIK the contract guards contract ends Oct 1. At that point you will see DOD Police and Military Police manning all the gates.

you would think the military would have some budget for a better guards

http://mimg.ugo.com/200901/15254/ED-209.jpg

crazycoffey
08-29-2011, 07:00 PM

yup

crazycoffey
08-29-2011, 07:07 PM
I love pursuits, such a rush. got in on last month coming from the city one cop so me and another car jumped in it to help. I called it for about 5 miles until some highway patrol cars joined in. Then my Lt called me off. I heard they only made it a short way into Jefferson county when the car was spike stripped.

DenverChief
08-29-2011, 07:10 PM
You make the slighest suspious move at the gates I've been at lately you will find yourself surrounded by some bad asses carrying assult weapons and fingers on the triggers. There aint a slow/fat/retired wanna be officer to be found.

I cant speak for FLW only the bases I have been to in CO

crazycoffey
08-29-2011, 07:12 PM
Interesting... Ft. Leonard Wood is where I did my first training when I joined the military. I've actually guarded the gate there several times.

I was stationed there from 94-96, did a few rotations on road duty, but it was an open post back then, so no gate duty.

DenverChief
08-29-2011, 07:13 PM
I love pursuits, such a rush. got in on last month coming from the city one cop so me and another car jumped in it to help. I called it for about 5 miles until some highway patrol cars joined in. Then my Lt called me off. I heard they only made it a short way into Jefferson county when the car was spike stripped.

Sounds like the city/county guys in the video were a little peeved at the MO hwy patrol. Did u catch that in the video?

rageeumr
08-29-2011, 07:14 PM
Dude drives right by my old fraternity house at 18:10ish

crazycoffey
08-29-2011, 07:16 PM
Sounds like the city/county guys in the video were a little peeved at the MO hwy patrol. Did u catch that in the video?

well yeah, it was the dash cam officer's catch. No reason for the HiPo to take over the pursuit.

DenverChief
08-29-2011, 07:20 PM
well yeah, it was the dash cam officer's catch. No reason for the HiPo to take over the pursuit.

I LOLed at the 16:20 ish mark when the unmarked did a spinout

Simply Red
08-29-2011, 07:20 PM
haven't finished watching it - but is that a Porsche Cayenne he's after?

DenverChief
08-29-2011, 07:22 PM

Dodge Magnum

crazycoffey
08-29-2011, 07:23 PM

Dodge Charger or magnum I believe.

I LOLed at the 16:20 ish mark when the unmarked did a spinout

me too, the Patrol car just goes right around him like - see you later.

What was at the end, water or a one way exit only spike barrier for an old gov building?

Simply Red
08-29-2011, 07:28 PM
why no copters?

DenverChief
08-29-2011, 07:50 PM
Dodge Charger or magnum I believe.

me too, the Patrol car just goes right around him like - see you later.

What was at the end, water or a one way exit only spike barrier for an old gov building?

Im not sure. Maybe an exploded water barrier?

DenverChief
08-29-2011, 07:51 PM
why no copters?

Polly cuz its bfe MO

Simply Red
08-29-2011, 07:55 PM
Polly cuz its bfe MO

yeah - was going to say - that wouldn't have lasted that long here in Atlanta.

DenverChief
08-29-2011, 09:42 PM
yeah - was going to say - that wouldn't have lasted that long here in Atlanta.

or in KC but I'm pretty sure this is like as rural as rural MO gets