PDA

View Full Version : Football Things that have impressed you this preseason.

Fritz88
08-29-2011, 04:09 PM
- Colt McCoy.
- Lions defense.
- Texsans defense.

CaliforniaChief
08-29-2011, 04:12 PM
1. How lost I am without football.
2. Dexter McCluster
3. The stupidity of the new rules re: kickoffs/replay.

Quesadilla Joe
08-29-2011, 04:18 PM
1. Von Miller
2. Elvis Dumervil's run defense
3. Broderick Bunkley

MoreLemonPledge
08-29-2011, 04:18 PM
The quality of the Chiefs Television Network broadcasts.

Rams Fan
08-29-2011, 04:19 PM
1. Quintin Mikell
2. Robert Quinn
3. Josh McDaniels

Easy 6
08-29-2011, 04:19 PM
1 - Powe
2 - Bradford
3 - Justin Houston
4 - the entire Lions team
5 - already been mentioned, but am reeeally hating the kickoff at the 35, its terrible, its killing the game.

DeezNutz
08-29-2011, 04:21 PM
1. CP and Nick Wright's reporting skills.

Ming the Merciless
08-29-2011, 04:22 PM
1) Clayton's 360 degree turn around from being a douche
2) Dane not being here and making all kinds of horrible predictions that we can laugh at
3) Baby Lee and Pants being on my ignore list and how much better this site is
4) Kurt Cobain getting banned like 9000 times
5) The surprisingly lower number of Cassel Sucks threads despite the horrible preseason

Rams Fan
08-29-2011, 04:23 PM

So he's back to what he was? LMAO

Ming the Merciless
08-29-2011, 04:27 PM
So he's back to what he was? LMAO

Glad someone is on the ball!

Fritz88
08-29-2011, 04:37 PM
1. How lost I am without football.
2. Dexter McCluster
3. The stupidity of the new rules re: kickoffs/replay.
Is the DMC mention sarcasm? I haven't seen all of our games thus far, has he really impressed?
Posted via Mobile Device

BossChief
08-29-2011, 04:40 PM
2) Dane not being here and making all kinds of horrible predictions that we can laugh at
5) The surprisingly lower number of Cassel Sucks threads despite the horrible preseason

1) already covered.
2) go back a few years and read some of Danes predictions...dude was solid. Too bad you got soo butthurt that you were totally non objective toward his takes.
3) dont care
4) see #3
5) people instead focused their energy on Stanzi and that gives us hope that seemed lost when we only had Cassel.

Mojo Jojo
08-29-2011, 04:44 PM
The quality of the Chiefs Television Network broadcasts.
God I hope that is a joke....

Marcellus
08-29-2011, 04:45 PM
Is the DMC mention sarcasm? I haven't seen all of our games thus far, has he really impressed?
Posted via Mobile Device

Nothing overly impressive but he has a 4.9 ypc average on 7 runs and is the leading receiver with 8 catches for 84 yards.

He also blew a block on 3rd down that got Cassel ( I think it was) almost killed. To some on here that would be a positive.

ChiefsCountry
08-29-2011, 04:47 PM
God I hope that is a joke....

Compared to the Rams its better.

Consistent1
08-29-2011, 04:52 PM
1) already covered.
2) go back a few years and read some of Danes predictions...dude was solid. Too bad you got soo butthurt that you were totally non objective toward his takes.
3) dont care
4) see #3
5) people instead focused their energy on Stanzi and that gives us hope that seemed lost when we only had Cassel.

I liked some of his entertainment insight, but Dane was an ass 99% of the time, sorry. What strikes me here is having an ignore list at all is a sign of being a bitch. Some will disagree, but I want to see everything. If the other ladies aren't treating you nicely enough, take a hike.....

Ming the Merciless
08-29-2011, 04:54 PM
I liked some of his entertainment insight, but Dane was an ass 99% of the time, sorry. What strikes me here is having an ignore list at all is a sign of being a bitch. Some will disagree, but I want to see everything. If the other ladies aren't treating you nicely enough, take a hike.....

I generally dont ignore anyone but for a couple of cases like people calling me a homophobe, or racist (of course when losing an argument)and trying to make a federal case out of it...I just found it to be not worth my time to argue with people that when they start losing will do things like that. I don't have time to explain things to stupid people 10 times...

(edit: if you see enuf of me youll know I am game for a fight, just not up for that kind of nonsense)

BossChief
08-29-2011, 05:01 PM

You just feel that way because he didnt like you...same reason Pawn didnt like him.

nothing more

BigRichard
08-29-2011, 05:28 PM
I am truly impressed by how much more Stanzi looks like an NFL QB then Cassel. :D

Pasta Little Brioni
08-29-2011, 05:31 PM
I quit giving a crap about preseason years ago. We won't know shit till the real games start.

Fritz88
08-29-2011, 05:32 PM
Love it or hate it, but Gunther Cunningham is making the Lions D pass rush look like the real deal.

I remember when he left KC, he said "My philosophy is always to go after the QB". It looks like he's doing that in Detroit, and doing it well.

BossChief
08-29-2011, 05:32 PM
1) Dick Stanzi
2) Jerrell Powe
3) Justin Houston
4) Cameron Sheffield
5) Dustin Colquit

Fritz88
08-29-2011, 05:33 PM
and why the fuck is this thread turning into a Dane debate thread?

BossChief
08-29-2011, 05:34 PM
Love it or hate it, but Gunther Cunningham is making the Lions D pass rush look like the real deal.

I remember when he left KC, he said "My philosophy is always to go after the QB". It looks like he's doing that in Detroit, and doing it well.

SUH could go to literally ANY team and have the exact same results, it has NOTHING to do with Gunther AT ALL. Im actually kinda surprised he hasnt tried moving him to linebacker or safety YET.

Give it time, Gun will find a way to limit the youngster.

Ming the Merciless
08-29-2011, 05:37 PM
and why the **** is this thread turning into a Dane debate thread?

Because apparently if you make a comment about Dane his Best Man-Lover comes out of the woodwork and makes 20 posts defending his honor.

Pasta Little Brioni
08-29-2011, 05:43 PM
Gun is still awful. Folks, Detroit was 21st in Total Defense and 19 in Points. Suh is a monster, but as a whole that D is below average until proven otherwise.

BossChief
08-29-2011, 05:49 PM
Because apparently if you make a comment about Dane his Best Man-Lover comes out of the woodwork and makes 20 posts defending his honor.

this will be my last post on this

I made two posts on the subject (not 20) in defense of Dane and the reason is when I first started here dude was a total jerk to me EVERY TIME I POSTED no matter the subject or my stance and I threw as many punches as I could and there was a point he sent me a message saying how he liked the fact I stuck up for myself and to continue doing so in this community. A little over a year later, I had a death in my family and Dane sent me a message asking how he could help almost immediately.

I dont care what a couple fellow n00bs think about the guy, he was a good dude and showed such on many occasions that I was witness to.

but if you chose to debate with him, you better leave the milk and cookies at home and bring your whole arsenal or he would eat your debate alive and put you on a pike.

Now, go back to fisting your brother. (as Dane would probably say)

He was basically ChiefsPlanet quality control and since he left, dumbassery has been running a muck.

Simply Red
08-29-2011, 06:15 PM
- Colt McCoy.
- Lions defense.
- Texsans defense.

I'd like to add some things about the Chiefs with the following:

-

-

-

Ming the Merciless
08-29-2011, 06:22 PM
I'd like to add some things about the Chiefs with the following:

-

-

-

ROFL

agree 100%

HotRoute
08-29-2011, 06:24 PM
1. Haley feeling bitches up
2. Haley kicking it with lil Wayne
3 Haley's lack of control in the locker room (Baldwin-jones fight)

I still like the guy but he needs to win some games this year to put these things to rest

rocknrolla
08-29-2011, 06:48 PM
I am truly impressed by how much more Stanzi looks like an NFL QB then Cassel. :D

WOW! 19 post's until Stanzi was mentioned. I'm stunned.

4th and Long
08-29-2011, 06:52 PM
Given the extremely hot summer we had ...

the field looks really nice. :D
Posted via Mobile Device

Predarat
08-29-2011, 07:02 PM

1+2+3+4=5

Okie_Apparition
08-29-2011, 07:24 PM
Seen it a million times, but #42 still amazes me

Rams Fan
08-29-2011, 07:25 PM
1+2+3+4=5

1+2+3+4=10

milkman
08-29-2011, 08:17 PM
The continued high quality entertainment provided by Knowmo's homeristic dumbassery.

listopencil
08-29-2011, 08:19 PM
The Denver Broncos Defense.

milkman
08-29-2011, 08:20 PM
Seriuosly, the athleticism and surprising speed of Jerrel Powe.

Larry Fitzgerald just seems to be getting better.

Drew Brees looks more polished.

Chiefs=Champions
08-29-2011, 08:36 PM
- Stanzi: Dude looks like a legit future qb prospect
- Kelly Gregg: Makes our 3-4 defense that much better
- Houston: Looks like he should start this year, give us a real threat opposite Hali
- Powe: looks nimble and strong
- Asamoah: As good as i hoped he would be
- Bowe: Continues to build on last season
- DJ: See Bowe

KcMizzou
08-29-2011, 08:40 PM
Seriuosly, the athleticism and surprising speed of Jerrel Powe.
This really has been a surprise to me. I know everyone thought it was a great pick so low in the draft... but I didn't expect him to look as good as he has so early.

BossChief
08-29-2011, 08:43 PM
So far, this looks like a draft that we got 4 or 5 first round talents in.

O.city
08-29-2011, 08:46 PM
So far, this looks like a draft that we got 4 or 5 first round talents in.

From all the hate he took from the 09 draft which was probably deserved, the last two drafts look to be pretty solid.

O.city
08-29-2011, 08:47 PM
By Pioli

BossChief
08-29-2011, 08:54 PM
From all the hate he took from the 09 draft which was probably deserved, the last two drafts look to be pretty solid.

overall, the talent he has plucked out of 3 drafts is phenomenal.

Jackson
Cassel (via trade, but part of the draft)
Berry
DMC
Arenas
Moeaki
Asamoah
Lewis
Sheffield
Baldwin
Hudson
Houston
Bailey
Brown
Powe
Stanzi

I doubt any other team in the NFL has had a better haul of talent over the last three years.

O.city
08-29-2011, 08:59 PM
Yep i'm likin the way he's built things around here. Just need to continue to grow and develop that talent and let it pay dividens?

Good thing about the new CBA is that it is now financially doable to trade up in the draft to get the guy you really want. Will that be good for us? I don't know. Pioli has never really tried to trade up for talent. I hope that doesn't hurt us in the future.

aturnis
08-29-2011, 09:04 PM
1) Dick Stanzi
2) Jerrell Powe
3) Justin Houston
4) Cameron Sheffield
5) Dustin Colquit

Not you too! I can't stand the Dick Stanzi bit. What's so not tough about the name Ricky? Ricky Vaughn was a badass! Haha.

Seriously though. Hate it.

Ace Gunner
08-29-2011, 09:09 PM
the defensive line has improved hand fighting and playing much smarter from the end positions.

Bowe looks great. I'm impressed.

Cassel's release looks much better.

Not really preseason, but the Tamba Hali contract is awesome.

DJ lost a little weight, he is playing very well.

Chiefaholic
08-29-2011, 09:26 PM
Yep i'm likin the way he's built things around here. Just need to continue to grow and develop that talent and let it pay dividens?

Good thing about the new CBA is that it is now financially doable to trade up in the draft to get the guy you really want. Will that be good for us? I don't know. Pioli has never really tried to trade up for talent. I hope that doesn't hurt us in the future.

Pioli is more likely the guy trading down, rather than wasting picks in trading up. Too bad this wasn't more of a legit option when we were basically force fed TJ.

BossChief
08-29-2011, 09:30 PM
Pioli is more likely the guy trading down, rather than wasting picks in trading up. Too bad this wasn't more of a legit option when we were basically force fed TJ.

dont think that the difference in $$$$ for top picks wont make a difference into how many teams trade into those spots in the future.

I think more teams will package picks to move up in the future.