PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Music at the stadium

acarter25
09-01-2011, 03:15 PM
Alright, this is just something that bugs me. What the **** is goin on with the music at the stadium? I haven't been to any preseason games this year, but I know that last year and years prior we have merged from the classic rock (football) music to this hip-hip, pop crap and IMO this ruins the entire atmosphere. What happened to the real music? Music that instantly gives you the chills and makes you want to jump the fence and hit somebody yourself. To me that style of music defines Arrowhead and what this team and it's fans are all about, and we wonder why the stadium has declined in volume over the decade. Alright, just needed to get that off my chest.

Dayze
09-01-2011, 03:16 PM
I heard "Everybody Wants Some" last week. and a few other 'rock' songs etc.

gblowfish
09-01-2011, 03:16 PM
Tony DiPardo is dead.
Deal with it.

Brock
09-01-2011, 03:19 PM
The way I hear it, the sound system doesn't work very well with the acoustics anyway.

09-01-2011, 03:19 PM
Hell, they are playing Katy Perry music now. I mean WTF?

acarter25
09-01-2011, 03:24 PM
I heard "Everybody Wants Some" last week. and a few other 'rock' songs etc.

Every now and then they throw a few good ones in yes, but the majority.. ehh

Deberg_1990
09-01-2011, 03:26 PM
Alright, this is just something that bugs me. What the **** is goin on with the music at the stadium? I haven't been to any preseason games this year, but I know that last year and years prior we have merged from the classic rock (football) music to this hip-hip, pop crap and IMO this ruins the entire atmosphere. What happened to the real music? Music that instantly gives you the chills and makes you want to jump the fence and hit somebody yourself. To me that style of music defines Arrowhead and what this team and it's fans are all about, and we wonder why the stadium has declined in volume over the decade. Alright, just needed to get that off my chest.

Times change, deal with it

Donger
I think it would be neat if they threw in some classical from time to time.

acarter25
Hell, they are playing Katy Perry music now. I mean WTF?

Exactly, what good does that do for anyone at the stadium? And if it does do them any good, I would almost guarantee they are contributing to our team/atmosphere about as much as Bill Muir.

rageeumr
09-01-2011, 03:27 PM
Classic rock may be "football music" to you, but some people get worked up by other stuff. I'm not a big classic rock fan. For my money, this is my favorite "pre-kickoff let's bust some effing heads" song in the world (NSFW - Language) And yes, I like it better than the original for that purpose.

<iframe width="420" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/pNhDlzWEUHU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I will concede, however, that the average chiefs game attendee is probably a classic rock fan.

acarter25
09-01-2011, 03:28 PM
Classic rock may be "football music" to you, but some people get worked up by other stuff. I'm not a big classic rock fan. For my money, this is my favorite "pre-kickoff let's bust some effing heads" song in the world (NSFW - Language)

<iframe width="420" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/pNhDlzWEUHU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I will concede, however, that the average chiefs game attendee is probably a classic rock fan.

No no no, I came off wrong. I agree with you, songs like this or lose yourself by eminem or songs of this nature. I guess I am talking about the katy perry songs, etc, that belong nowhere near a football stadium. Especially one built on legacy.

rageeumr
09-01-2011, 03:30 PM
No no no, I came off wrong. I agree with you, songs like this or lose yourself by eminem. I guess I am talking about the katy perry songs, etc.

Oh. Well then, agreed. They can play that stuff in the enclosed part of the club level.

acarter25
09-01-2011, 03:30 PM
Oh. Well then, agreed. They can play that stuff in the enclosed part of the club level.

Agreed.

Ted Theodore Logan
09-01-2011, 03:52 PM
They need to play Pantera at every game perferrably anything off of Vulgar Display of Power!!!!

Ted Theodore Logan
09-01-2011, 03:54 PM
<iframe width="420" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/N6gq0dy2d8s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

stevieray
09-01-2011, 04:20 PM
Arrowhead/Tailgating will never be the same.

.....might as well get used to it..

Deberg_1990
09-01-2011, 04:26 PM
Arrowhead/Tailgating will never be the same.

.....might as well get used to it..

How does stadium music affect the tailgating experience?

09-01-2011, 04:27 PM

Was wondering that myself.

kysirsoze
09-01-2011, 04:32 PM
As long as they dump that fucking "Chop it Up" song, I'll be okay. That is just embarrassing.

Reerun_KC
09-01-2011, 04:49 PM
Well try and listen to 101 the fox before pregame or after the game shows are over...

I made a mistake and was listening to it before last weeks game...

What a horrible fucking radio station... I just flipped on the pregame now, realizing I was 13 min early... Dear god what a shit radio station...

Papi
09-01-2011, 04:56 PM
The way I hear it, the sound system doesn't work very well with the acoustics anyway.

I don't know if that's the problem but I agree our sound system is weak. I don't feel like there's any bass in the stadium at all. If you've been to Livestrong Park yet you know what a sound system should sound like. That place shakes!

seeth213
09-01-2011, 05:30 PM
i heard they hired black sound techies

acarter25
09-01-2011, 05:38 PM
As long as they dump that ****ing "Chop it Up" song, I'll be okay. That is just embarrassing.

+1

peterbilt
09-01-2011, 05:55 PM
I don't know if that's the problem but I agree our sound system is weak. I don't feel like there's any bass in the stadium at all. If you've been to Livestrong Park yet you know what a sound system should sound like. That place shakes!

Who is that in your avatar?!

stevieray
09-01-2011, 06:05 PM
...didn't claim that it did. sorry for the confusion.

I do know the first time they played the new system, it was loud...now..not so much.

Reaper16
09-01-2011, 06:19 PM
Dear OP,

You are just getting old. That's all.

LocoChiefsFan
09-01-2011, 06:45 PM
Anyone notice the songs they play when the opposing team commits a penalty? Also, the music when the other opposing team comes out on the field. That cracked me up also.

Mama Hip Rockets
09-01-2011, 06:58 PM
To me that style of music defines Arrowhead and what this team and it's fans are all about, and we wonder why the stadium has declined in volume over the decade. Alright, just needed to get that off my chest.

ROFL Yes, the fans suck now because of the music. I'm sure it has nothing to do with the team's play on the field.

acarter25
09-02-2011, 08:32 AM
ROFL Yes, the fans suck now because of the music. I'm sure it has nothing to do with the team's play on the field.

Yeah, you are right. Nice generalization there :thumb:. The music has a lot more to do with it than you think. I mean we had a hell of a season last year and a surprise one at that, and the crowd was nowhere near where it's been in the past. Not blaming this solely on music, but f****** Gwen Stefani doesnt help.

acarter25
09-02-2011, 08:36 AM
Dear OP,

You are just getting old. That's all.

Haha well I dont know if that's the case, I am only 20.

Predarat
09-02-2011, 08:39 AM
Too much hip hop sucks, I can deal with it some when there is a variety, but when hip hop and teeny bop is all they play is sucks the life out of the atmosphere. Hockey is usually great because its mostly rock and heavy metal.

|Zach|
09-02-2011, 08:40 AM
:deevee: Aww, you poor thing. If you don't like my threads/posts don't read them, and if for some reason you can't avoid my posts go buy some Kleenex. Or option B. don't comment on them.

You seem to be only person who is having trouble handling someone else's post.

acarter25
09-02-2011, 08:43 AM
You seem to be only person who is having trouble handling someone else's post.

I am? That's funny, because why would he waste the time to tell me that I am getting old if he wasn't having trouble handling mine?

acarter25
09-02-2011, 08:44 AM
Too much hip hop sucks, I can deal with it some when there is a variety, but when hip hop and teeny bop is all they play is sucks the life out of the atmosphere. Hockey is usually great because its mostly rock and heavy metal.

I agree, a good variety is a plus in order to reach out to all fans. But when it's the majority it just isn't workin out for me.

|Zach|
09-02-2011, 08:44 AM
I am? That's funny, because why would he waste the time to tell me that I am getting old if he wasn't having trouble handling mine?

It was his opinion that the reason for the disconnect you seemed to be expressing in the thread you made was that you were getting older.

Not that he had a problem with your message or you.

acarter25
09-02-2011, 08:46 AM
It was his opinion that the reason for the disconnect you seemed to be expressing in the thread you made was that you were getting older.

Not that he had a problem with your message or you.

hahaha, ahhhh I get it now. Completely mis-read the post. My fault my fault. Thanks for clearin that up though!

I must be on edge this morning or something to miss that, didn't mean to get jumpy man, sorry.

Predarat
09-02-2011, 11:06 AM
They should ban any souitya boy songs from stadiums, though his crap sucks so bad it pretty much bans itself.

acarter25
09-02-2011, 11:22 AM
They should ban any souitya boy songs from stadiums, though his crap sucks so bad it pretty much bans itself.

Haha +1

Fish
09-02-2011, 11:28 AM
The music ruins the entire atmosphere? Really? The entire atmosphere?

Have you tried earplugs?

acarter25
09-02-2011, 11:39 AM
The music ruins the entire atmosphere? Really? The entire atmosphere?

Have you tried earplugs?

It doesn't completely ruin the whole atmosphere but some of this music doesn't contribute to a better atmosphere either. Don't get me wrong, arrowhead is still awesome, gameday atmosphere is unlike any other. I just feel like some of the music they're playing doesn't contribute to football at all. I understand opinions are going to differ on this topic just because it is music and everyone has different taste, I don't know I guess katy perry just doesn't get me pumped up to yell for my team.

Fish
09-02-2011, 11:53 AM
It doesn't completely ruin the whole atmosphere but some of this music doesn't contribute to a better atmosphere either. Don't get me wrong, arrowhead is still awesome, gameday atmosphere is unlike any other. I just feel like some of the music they're playing doesn't contribute to football at all. I understand opinions are going to differ on this topic just because it is music and everyone has different taste, I don't know I guess katy perry just doesn't get me pumped up to yell for my team.

I guess I've just never given a shit about the music. For me, it affects the game experience about as much as the pointless cheerleaders do. If I need to get pumped up, I just scream and yell and bang on my chair. I don't need music to "get me in the mood" to cheer for my team.....

:shrug:

acarter25
09-02-2011, 12:02 PM
I guess I've just never given a shit about the music. For me, it affects the game experience about as much as the pointless cheerleaders do. If I need to get pumped up, I just scream and yell and bang on my chair. I don't need music to "get me in the mood" to cheer for my team.....

:shrug:

Hey, I hear ya there. Guess I can't argue too much with that. Don't get me wrong, nothing will ever affect the way I approach the game or how loud i yell or how hard I bang on the seat, I guess there's just a certain music that gets my blood flowing a little bit more and in the mood for football more. And I know that changes with everyone. Thanks for the reply though

Fish
09-02-2011, 12:19 PM
Hey, I hear ya there. Guess I can't argue too much with that. Don't get me wrong, nothing will ever affect the way I approach the game or how loud i yell or how hard I bang on the seat, I guess there's just a certain music that gets my blood flowing a little bit more and in the mood for football more. And I know that changes with everyone. Thanks for the reply though

:toast:

You could always bring headphones... I sometimes do that when I'm really wanting to listen to the game closely. You could either listen to the game broadcast or play your own Best of Yanni album...

acarter25
09-02-2011, 12:24 PM
:toast:

You could always bring headphones... I sometimes do that when I'm really wanting to listen to the game closely. You could either listen to the game broadcast or play your own Best of Yanni album...

Haha no no I'm not that worried about it, on occasion it would be nice to get a game broadcast, but I can't separate myself from stadium that much. Gotta stay one with the stadium and fans!

Mama Hip Rockets
09-02-2011, 04:30 PM
Everybody has different taste in music. There's no way they could ever satisfy 70,000 + fans at the same time. At least they don't play that stupid Garth Brooks song the Royals play in the 6th inning of EVERY SINGLE GAME.

L.A. Chieffan
09-02-2011, 06:04 PM
A little Benny Goodman or glen Miller once in a while wouldn't hurt

Deberg_1990
09-02-2011, 07:03 PM
The music has a lot more to do with it than you think.

Seriously?? Do fans really sit around and say "Man, the music at Arrowhead sucks now, dont think im gonna go" ????

acarter25
09-02-2011, 07:06 PM
Seriously?? Do fans really sit around and say "Man, the music at Arrowhead sucks now, dont think im gonna go" ????

Never said it kept people from going to games. I said i personally believe it affects the atmosphere.

Ted Theodore Logan
09-02-2011, 10:49 PM
<iframe width="420" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7NShNdodW2M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

09-02-2011, 10:57 PM
Yeah, you are right. Nice generalization there :thumb:. The music has a lot more to do with it than you think. I mean we had a hell of a season last year and a surprise one at that, and the crowd was nowhere near where it's been in the past. Not blaming this solely on music, but f****** Gwen Stefani doesnt help.

Wait, wait, wait. Is that being used as a adjective or a verb?

Simply Red
09-02-2011, 11:05 PM
yeah the style points for music selection isn't there, you know you're right in the middle of cow-town by their dated choices. However, with that being said, the fans make it a phenomenal experience overall, every single visit.

Ultra Peanut
09-02-2011, 11:54 PM

so's your face

Katie
09-03-2011, 05:41 AM
Never said it kept people from going to games. I said i personally believe it affects the atmosphere.

I agree with this...The games I've been to recently are no match for years previously soundwise...there is specific music that gets the crowd moving. I notice that because I only get to one game/year. You can blame it on poor team performance for those couple of years, but the change in music has also had an effect.

I don't think it's necessarily the genre of music being played as much as the energy level the music promotes.