PDA

View Full Version : Football COLLEGE FOOTBALL!!!

luv
09-02-2011, 07:26 AM
Where will you be for the opening day of college football? I thought I was going to a wedding, but it turns out I'm not. I'm not too disappointed, though. :D

DaKCMan AP
09-02-2011, 07:27 AM
totally thread worthy post..

mlyonsd
09-02-2011, 07:29 AM
I watched 2 different games last night.

luv
09-02-2011, 07:32 AM

I'm considering tomorrow my official opening day. First Saturday full of football of the season.

mlyonsd
09-02-2011, 07:34 AM
I'm considering tomorrow my official opening day. First Saturday full of football of the season.I know, but I needed it so bad I had to watch last night....and they were both blow outs.

Our long nightmare (chiefs excluded) is over.

LiveSteam
09-02-2011, 07:36 AM
I have 6 or 7 places I can go to watch the Husker game. It all depends on who offers up the best food. Im holding out for T-bone & Rib-eye's. Bugs plus cast-iron grates could add up to something in my flavor

luv
09-02-2011, 07:39 AM
totally thread worthy post..

My apologies for being a little excited. I thought I was going to miss it. The wedding is outside at a campsite by a river. I was going to be camping and floating. While I enjoy doing both of those things, I wouldn't have known anyone besides the bride and the guest I had going with me. My guest had a family emergency and can't go, so I'm not going to go either. Can you imagine trying to float on a holiday weekend? I'll be perfectly happy finding a spot at a bar and watching games.

Saulbadguy
09-02-2011, 07:46 AM
People who schedule a wedding on the day college football opens should be shot.

I've had to miss a few games because of this. You guessed it, all KU fans.

Jenson71
09-02-2011, 07:56 AM
People who schedule a wedding on the day college football opens should be shot.

I've had to miss a few games because of this. You guessed it, all KU fans.

Honestly, I'm going to a wedding tomorrow. It's my girlfriend's friend's sister. And no, I can't get out of it.

At least it is late enough that I will be able to watch the Iowa game.

Bearcat
09-02-2011, 07:59 AM

It's like preseason football... I get somewhat excited, thinking any football will do, then become uninterested after a quarter or two. I flipped between the first half of Wisconsin/UNLV and the Chiefs game... but, the two games Saturday night are great for any week, much less week 1.

I noticed I have 3 Big 10 channels.... oh yeah, jealous? PBJ

12:00 PM ET Indiana State at Penn State Big Ten Network Tickets
12:00 PM ET Tennessee Tech at Iowa Big Ten Network Tickets
12:00 PM ET Middle Tennessee at Purdue Big Ten Network Tickets

luv
09-02-2011, 07:59 AM
Honestly, I'm going to a wedding tomorrow. It's my girlfriend's friend's sister. And no, I can't get out of it.

At least it is late enough that I will be able to watch the Iowa game.

I know of another friend of mine from about 12 years ago who is getting married tomorrow also.

College football wouldn't have even been my #1 reason for not getting married this weekend. I just wouldn't want to get married on a holiday weekend.

alpha_omega
09-02-2011, 08:00 AM
At the pool. CFB lasts all season...swimming time is almost over. There is always DVR.

mlyonsd
09-02-2011, 08:01 AM
It's like preseason football... I get somewhat excited, thinking any football will do, then become uninterested after a quarter or two. I flipped between the first half of Wisconsin/UNLV and the Chiefs game... but, the two games Saturday night are great for any week, much less week 1.

I noticed I have 3 Big 10 channels.... oh yeah, jealous? PBJ

12:00 PM ET Indiana State at Penn State Big Ten Network Tickets
12:00 PM ET Tennessee Tech at Iowa Big Ten Network Tickets
12:00 PM ET Middle Tennessee at Purdue Big Ten Network Tickets
I have DISH so I'm not sure right now what they'll have for Big 10 channels. I'm hoping three. I should get the Iowa game tomorrow tho.

But right now, yeah, I'm jealous.

They're advertising over here that the Nebraska game will be showed at 2:30 too.

Bearcat
09-02-2011, 08:12 AM
I have DISH so I'm not sure right now what they'll have for Big 10 channels. I'm hoping three. I should get the Iowa game tomorrow tho.

But right now, yeah, I'm jealous.

They're advertising over here that the Nebraska game will be showed at 2:30 too.

It's the first time in about 5 years that I'm paying for cable, and I have a sports package that includes CBS College Sports, the Big 10 Network, ESPNU, and a few others (NHLN PBJ). Until they start showing hockey, I don't really care about the B10 Network, because the best B10 football is on other networks... but, it'll be nice to have so many choices.

According to Yahoo listings, Dish's B10 HD channels are 9500-9503... so I guess if you have those, you're set.

Dayze
09-02-2011, 08:24 AM
I can't wait for LSU/Oregon on Saturday. Might flip back and forth between Boise St/Georgia.

mlyonsd
09-02-2011, 08:33 AM
It's the first time in about 5 years that I'm paying for cable, and I have a sports package that includes CBS College Sports, the Big 10 Network, ESPNU, and a few others (NHLN PBJ). Until they start showing hockey, I don't really care about the B10 Network, because the best B10 football is on other networks... but, it'll be nice to have so many choices.

According to Yahoo listings, Dish's B10 HD channels are 9500-9503... so I guess if you have those, you're set.Cool, thanks for the info.

Dr. Johnny Fever
09-02-2011, 08:35 AM
Where will you be for the opening day of college football? I thought I was going to a wedding, but it turns out I'm not. I'm not too disappointed, though. :D

Tell me when it is and I'll tell you what I'm doing.

evenfall
09-02-2011, 08:36 AM
Cool thread bro

Dr. Johnny Fever
09-02-2011, 08:37 AM
Cool thread bro

luv's not a bro

luv
09-02-2011, 08:41 AM
luv's not a bro

Around here, I'm just one of the guys. :D

Dr. Johnny Fever
09-02-2011, 08:42 AM
Tell me when it is and I'll tell you what I'm doing.

Ok now I finally looked and saw your post saying its tomorrow. Working, napping, watching baseball, probably drinking a few beers, might go to a musicfest in the evening. But I know you didn't post this wondering what I was doing in particular. Oh well.

:D

luv
09-02-2011, 08:42 AM
I figure DaKCMan AP will start the official college football threads each week. I'm just looking forward to actually being able to enjoy this Saturday.

Dr. Johnny Fever
09-02-2011, 08:43 AM
Around here, I'm just one of the guys. :D

I was trying to defend your honor as a member of the fairer sex so just go ahead a ruin my white knight attempt.

luv
09-02-2011, 08:43 AM
Ok now I finally looked and saw your post saying its tomorrow. Working, napping, watching baseball, probably drinking a few beers, might go to a musicfest in the evening. But I know you didn't post this wondering what I was doing in particular. Oh well.

:D

It's alright. I know you're the non-football fan around here. :)

Dr. Johnny Fever
09-02-2011, 08:46 AM
It's alright. I know you're the non-football fan around here. :)

It's not that I'm a non fan it's just not as high up as baseball and college basketball to me. I watch some NFL. Don't watch college.

DaKCMan AP
09-02-2011, 08:52 AM
I figure DaKCMan AP will start the official college football threads each week. I'm just looking forward to actually being able to enjoy this Saturday.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=249334

;)