PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Jamaal.. Hold on to the football.

Reerun_KC
09-02-2011, 07:47 AM
I know we're not supposed to start football related threads unless its Swallow each others cock on Cassel hate, but I'm not interested in that game...

So here goes some Chiefs football discussion..

JC my man.. What is up with the Fumbles? The Indy game and Playoff game were killas last year...

Now you put it on the ground twice in this game and caused us to lose the preseason!!!!

Why JC, Why cant you hold on to the pigskin?

InChiefsHeaven
09-02-2011, 07:51 AM
As I recall, Jamal was a fumbler early on in his career, one of the things that served to drive me nuts about the guy. Great back, obviously a high caliber weapon, but man, two fumbles in a pre season game...that's just ridiculous. They all have a little over a week to get their shit together...I'm just not feeling overly confident in anything right now.

Deberg_1990
09-02-2011, 07:56 AM
As I recall, Jamal was a fumbler early on in his career, one of the things that served to drive me nuts about the guy. Great back, obviously a high caliber weapon, but man, two fumbles in a pre season game...that's just ridiculous. They all have a little over a week to get their shit together...I'm just not feeling overly confident in anything right now.

Fumbles and highly susceptible to injury...gee, i wonder why Haley doesnt feed him the ball more?

alpha_omega
09-02-2011, 07:56 AM
Better now than later??

durtyrute
09-02-2011, 07:57 AM
He's Battle....2.0?

trndobrd
09-02-2011, 08:00 AM
It's troubling that none of the fumbles during the pre-season looked to have been forced by hard hits or deliberate attempts to strip the ball.

InChiefsHeaven
09-02-2011, 08:11 AM
It's troubling that none of the fumbles during the pre-season looked to have been forced by hard hits or deliberate attempts to strip the ball.

I think that's the worst part. It seems he (and hell, most of the starters) have not had their heads in the game. Hopefully this was a wakeup call for the regular season...

DBOSHO
09-02-2011, 08:13 AM
people better get used to Thomas Jones, because Jamaal probably lost himself about 50 carries per fumble last night.

Ace Gunner
09-02-2011, 08:26 AM
people better get used to Thomas Jones, because Jamaal probably lost himself about 50 carries per fumble last night.

I don't think it's that bad, but Jamaal will get the evil eye every week again this year. Deserved, he needs to remember the ball is important to his game. Sounds stupid, I know. But you'd be surprised how many good football players lose sight of this fundamental part of the game. Dwayne Bowe...

TEX
09-02-2011, 08:32 AM
All the more reason to play JC MORE during preseason. I don't agree with the approach Haley took to preseason. The team just isn't ready to play. Thing is, if I'm right about this I'm not gonna enjoy being so...

Fish
09-02-2011, 08:35 AM
Jamaal wasn't carrying the ball correctly for most of the night. He doesn't tuck it under his armpit very well, he just tries to hold it parallel to his forearm. That makes it very easy for a defender to pop it out. We haven't seen him carry much this preseason, but it looks like he's back to his old ways of holding the ball loose. I think he's trying too hard...

RealSNR
09-02-2011, 08:49 AM
Fumbles and highly susceptible to injury...gee, i wonder why Haley doesnt feed him the ball more?Tell me about all the times Jamaal Charles has been injured in his pro football career.

I'm waiting...

Ace Gunner
09-02-2011, 08:52 AM
All the more reason to play JC MORE during preseason. I don't agree with the approach Haley took to preseason. The team just isn't ready to play. Thing is, if I'm right about this I'm not gonna enjoy being so...

I'm already enjoying how wrong you are.

Brock
09-02-2011, 08:54 AM
Tell me about all the times Jamaal Charles has been injured in his pro football career.

I'm waiting...

That and the whopping 3 fumbles he had last year. What a butterfingers.

gblowfish
09-02-2011, 08:54 AM

From now on, he's to be referred to as "The Illusive Thomas Jones."

Ace Gunner
09-02-2011, 08:55 AM
hahahaha

Simply Red
09-02-2011, 09:20 AM
Better now than later??

yeah, true I guess.:(

lcarus
09-02-2011, 09:50 AM
I'll gladly accept 2 fumbles from Charles in a preseason game if it means he works harder to hold on to the ball in our regular season games.

Deberg_1990
09-02-2011, 10:38 AM
Tell me about all the times Jamaal Charles has been injured in his pro football career.

I'm waiting...

during his rookie year he was injured, dont remember him being hurt any other year....not seriously.

Reerun_KC
09-02-2011, 11:37 AM
I'll gladly accept 2 fumbles from Charles in a preseason game if it means he works harder to hold on to the ball in our regular season games.

I am not worried about his fumble problem its WHEN he fumbles that always seems to be the biggest issue...

Very big fumble in Indy when KC was driving and then in the playoff game when we just forced a 3 and out with the D... He gives it right back..

All backs fumble. His just seem to be timely... And before people flip out... Pre season fumbles are about as important as the turds I flushed this morning...

Buehler445
09-02-2011, 11:56 AM
I am not worried about his fumble problem its WHEN he fumbles that always seems to be the biggest issue...

Very big fumble in Indy when KC was driving and then in the playoff game when we just forced a 3 and out with the D... He gives it right back..

All backs fumble. His just seem to be timely... And before people flip out... Pre season fumbles are about as important as the turds I flushed this morning...

Just so you know, I flushed a bunch of quickrete down your crapper into your septic tank the other day. I wouldn't flush too many more turds. They may become increasingly more important :D

Reerun_KC
09-02-2011, 12:12 PM
Just so you know, I flushed a bunch of quickrete down your crapper into your septic tank the other day. I wouldn't flush too many more turds. They may become increasingly more important :D

You would you filthy fucker!!!

When was the last time I told you that I hate you and your life?

Molitoth
09-02-2011, 12:29 PM
JC needs the Tiki Barber treatment.

RealSNR
09-02-2011, 12:47 PM
JC needs the Tiki Barber treatment.Great, so he'll retire in about two seasons?

Talk about a short window for this team

Rasputin
09-02-2011, 01:32 PM
I'm more worried about him staying healthy for the course of the year than fumbles. He looked a bit gimpy at times walking off the field.

Gonzo
09-02-2011, 01:48 PM
When are you NOT drunk?

WhiteWhale
09-02-2011, 02:04 PM
Hopefully it serves as a bit of a wake-up call.

Better now than next week. JC holds the ball lose, but I'll say what I'll say.

What would you rather have? A QB who dumps off all day long, never takes chances, and gets sacked a bunch versus a QB who takes some chances, throws some picks, but consistently picks up first downs and scores?

Everyone would take number two. It's Brett Favre vs. Trent Edwards.

Same deal with Charles. You gotta take the chaff with the wheat in his case. I'll always hope he starts doing a better job, but I never feel surprised when he fumbles.

Actually there were at least a dozen times last season where he was carrying the ball so loosely when he was tackled I was shocked he didn't cough it up.

durtyrute
09-02-2011, 03:32 PM
Not concerned with the fumbles, I'm worried about him getting hurt this year. Shifty players like him and McCluster are bound to break their ankles or break something sooner or later.

Mama Hip Rockets
09-02-2011, 03:52 PM

I'm waiting...

"HE'S SO SMALL. HE'S TOTALLY GOING TO GET HURT WHEN HE GETS THE FOOTBALL." -- Idiots

Mama Hip Rockets
09-02-2011, 03:53 PM
Charles has fumbled 5 times in 47 games in his career. Roughly once every nine games. Not concerned.

PS. He also stripped a ball after a turnover and got it back after his fumble in the playoff game. He is awesome. Leave him alone.

boogblaster
09-02-2011, 05:35 PM
he fumbled 2 times in a pre .. but he doesnt fumble that much ....

michaelj_58
09-02-2011, 06:41 PM
that's right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"com on man"
09-02-2011, 06:53 PM
I feel the same way about mc cluster , plus the kid cannnot block
I know we're not supposed to start football related threads unless its Swallow each others cock on Cassel hate, but I'm not interested in that game...

So here goes some Chiefs football discussion..

JC my man.. What is up with the Fumbles? The Indy game and Playoff game were killas last year...

Now you put it on the ground twice in this game and caused us to lose the preseason!!!!

Why JC, Why cant you hold on to the pigskin?

crispystl
09-02-2011, 07:29 PM
I feel the same way about mc cluster , plus the kid cannnot block

He sure can run though.

lcarus
09-02-2011, 07:55 PM
he fumbled 2 times in a pre .. but he doesnt fumble that much ....

Luckily the preseason doesn't count for a damn thing. A fumble here and there will happen, but I'm not too concerned about it.

Reerun_KC
09-12-2011, 09:12 AM
Jamaal?

Hold on to the ball, please...