PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs To those of you who have watched the preseason games....

Rain Man
09-02-2011, 08:36 AM
....who appears to be better than expected, and who is not as good as expected?

I've only been able to see two games, one of which was on a tiny computer feed, so it's a little hard to see sometimes, but here's what I'm seeing.

Better than expected:

Belcher
Houston
Sheffield
D. Johnson
Bowe
Gregg

Not as good as expected:

Hudson
Baldwin (bad at fighting)
Albert
Richardson
Gaither

Soooo.....nod-inducing linebackers, disappointing offensive tackles is what I'm seeing.

SAUTO
09-02-2011, 08:39 AM
shit i thought gaither has looked pretty damn good, save for the one sack he gave up last night.

hudson too.

BigRichard
09-02-2011, 08:41 AM
I bet this turns into a Cassel bitch fest within 10 posts.

Fish
09-02-2011, 08:43 AM
Others...

Better than expected:

Powe
McCluster
Dick Stanzi
Bailey
Gales

Not as good as expected:

OLine(all of em)
Breaston(not much opportunity)
Flowers
Cassel
Studebaker

Frankie
09-02-2011, 08:45 AM
Not as good as expected:

Hudson
Albert
Richardson
Gaither

:D

Rain man, did you "expect" Richardson to be good?

Chiefnj2
09-02-2011, 08:45 AM
It's hard to say because KC's 1s haven't gone against other teams 1s all that much.

The first team D and O have been a disappointment across the board.

Better than expected:

Arenas at returns
Dexter out of the backfield
Stanzi in mop-up time.
Houston as a pass rusher only
Powe
Gaither considering he was riding a bike until the day before the Rams game.

Frankie
09-02-2011, 08:46 AM

No I just posted. Cassel takes a backseat.

;)

Rain Man
09-02-2011, 08:58 AM
Ah, yes. Powe. He should've been on my "good" list.

As for Gaither, I would yield to others' opinions. I basically put all of the tackles on my "bad" list because it seemed like the pass rush from the outside has consistently been withering, and I ascribe that to tackle play.

Chiefnj2
09-02-2011, 09:00 AM
Ah, yes. Powe. He should've been on my "good" list.

As for Gaither, I would yield to others' opinions. I basically put all of the tackles on my "bad" list because it seemed like the pass rush from the outside has consistently been withering, and I ascribe that to tackle play.

Look at the Bradford thread where Claytons posted all the Stanzi clips. Stanzi had a real nice pocket for most of those passes. IIRC Gaither was in at LT at that time.

acarter25
09-02-2011, 09:10 AM
Dex has really surprised me. He's looked good so far, and definitely Belcher.. I dont know why, I just love that guy.

ChiTown
09-02-2011, 09:12 AM
I think Hudson is going to be fantastic. He just needs some time.

Gonzo
09-02-2011, 09:14 AM

Cassel is fucking terrible. I wish he would break his leg, stanzi stanzi stanzi. Blah Blah Blah

There, I got it over with...

the Talking Can
09-02-2011, 09:16 AM
what more does Albert have to do?

he was damn near perfect last night....at this point I guess Albert is French for "Richardson"

two starters have sucked:

Richardson and Jackson

Rain Man
09-02-2011, 09:18 AM

Yeah, I'll pretty much never throw a rookie under the bus, and he can easily develop into a great lineman. Right now, it just seems to me like he's getting pushed around more than I expected.

Hydrae
09-02-2011, 09:18 AM
Cassel is ****ing terrible. I wish he would break his leg, stanzi stanzi stanzi. Blah Blah Blah

There, I got it over with...

But not until post 12, you were late.

the Talking Can
09-02-2011, 09:19 AM
we made a mistake letting Smith go and depending on Jackson...guy is a total puss

Buckweath
09-02-2011, 09:20 AM
what more does Albert have to do?

he was damn near perfect last night....at this point I guess Albert is French for "Richardson"

two starters have sucked:

Richardson and Jackson

JAckson?? Not sure about that... yeah those two 25-yard runs by Steven Jackson and Grant were at his side and I don't know if those long gains were purely because of him but overall he has been fine I think.

Hammock Parties
09-02-2011, 09:23 AM
The run by Steven Jackson was not to Tyson Jackson's side.

Rain Man
09-02-2011, 09:25 AM
we made a mistake letting Smith go and depending on Jackson...guy is a total puss

I was watching Jackson last night when I could, and couldn't come to a conclusion about him. It seemed like he was holding his ground pretty well, but he wasn't really making plays and wasn't requiring a double-team. It wasn't great, but I couldn't quite justify putting him on my "bad" list.

the Talking Can
09-02-2011, 09:26 AM
JAckson?? Not sure about that... yeah those two 25-yard runs by Steven Jackson and Grant were at his side and I don't know if those long gains were purely because of him but overall he has been fine I think.

he still can't hold his ground on the los...

RedThat
09-02-2011, 09:27 AM
Rainman,

Id take Gaither off that list. He has been doing pretty well.

Best tackle on our roster.

ModSocks
09-02-2011, 09:27 AM
No-Action Jackson has probably had the best preseason I've ever seen him have. He had a good game last week. Obviously I haven't seen him this week, but I don't think he deserves to be singled out this preseason.

the Talking Can
09-02-2011, 09:28 AM
I was watching Jackson last night when I could, and couldn't come to a conclusion about him. It seemed like he was holding his ground pretty well, but he wasn't really making plays and wasn't requiring a double-team. It wasn't great, but I couldn't quite justify putting him on my "bad" list.

watch Dorsey....then watch Jackson...big difference, imo

O.city
09-02-2011, 09:28 AM
I would put Studebaker at the top of the list of not as good. I think it's pretty clear to see that Sheffield and Houston are just better that him. Shefffield is better against the run and Houston the pass. What exactly does Studebaker bring to the table that those two don't?

RedThat
09-02-2011, 09:29 AM
jackson stinks. my farts smell better.

Chiefnj2
09-02-2011, 09:30 AM
Why couldn't KC's first string OL get a running game going against backups?

O.city
09-02-2011, 09:32 AM
Why couldn't KC's first string OL get a running game going against backups?

IMO we didn't really try that hard to get one going. We would run it successfully a time or two then go to throwing it or have a positive run and fumble. I thought the offensive line looked the best it has in all four games of the preseason last night. Even against the packers one's.

suds79
09-02-2011, 09:33 AM
Better than I expected:
Dexter (Guess i should have seen this. It's not his skill in question. It's his ability to stay healthy)
Justin Houston (should start ASAP IMO)
Powe (think we have a legit long term NT finally)

Not as good as I expected:
Cassel (Why am i surprised. I admit. I'm stupid for holding out hope)
Studebaker (IMO just as much to blame on the runs to the right as Tyson IMO)
Belcher (definitely the weak link of the LBer group and gave up the TD pass last night)

About what I expected:
Thomas Jones. (Is this guy truly on the team for his locker room presence? Because it's not what he brings on the field.)
Tyson Jackson. (Just gets manhandled by seemingly everybody. Huge bust)

lcarus
09-02-2011, 09:39 AM
Bowe has really looked like a beast among men.

the Talking Can
09-02-2011, 09:39 AM
jones is so slow it makes me cry

O.city
09-02-2011, 09:40 AM
I think a few things were pretty obvious last night:

Gaither was better at RT than Richardson by a landslide.

Cassel, when given time and is mechanically sound, threw the ball pretty well.

Charles needs to hang on to the ball.

Jackson isn't as bad as everyone is letting on.

TEX
09-02-2011, 09:41 AM

This.
He either does nothing or gets manhandled. One thing he does not do is make plays or cause plays to be made around him.

Chiefnj2
09-02-2011, 09:46 AM
I thought the offensive line looked the best it has in all four games of the preseason last night. Even against the packers one's.

FWIW, the Pack sat 5 defensive starters.

patteeu
09-02-2011, 09:51 AM
Charles and Jones should both probably be on the worse than expected list. Neither have done anything to brag about this preseason and Charles has been playing with crisco on his fingers.

I'd add McClain too, but I may have expected more out of him than most people so ymmv.

The Franchise
09-02-2011, 09:52 AM
I hope Bailey starts instead of Tyson Jackson.

the Talking Can
09-02-2011, 09:53 AM
gordon gets an arrow up

i had no idea who that guy was, but he has looked good against 2nd stringers and will hopefully take Torblowbo's job

ModSocks
09-02-2011, 09:56 AM
Tyson Jackson has not been that bad. Maybe he was last night, I don't know, but he had a really good game vs STL and has had a strong preaseason thus far. Just sounds like people are piling on.

Buckweath
09-02-2011, 09:57 AM
I hope Bailey starts instead of Tyson Jackson.

OK, the PAckers put 130 yards on our defense and Tyson Jackson was that bad? NO. I didn't look at him much but he looked at the very least decent when I watched him. On one play in the second half he perfectly held his ground and tackled the RB for a 1 or 2 yard gain. It was perfectly was is expected of him to do.

SAUTO
09-02-2011, 09:58 AM
Others...

Better than expected:

Powe
McCluster
Dick Stanzi
Bailey
Gales

Not as good as expected:

OLine(all of em)
Breaston(not much opportunity)
Flowers
Cassel
Studebaker

i thought flowers made some good plays last night

ModSocks
09-02-2011, 10:00 AM
OK, the PAckers put 130 yards on our defense and Tyson Jackson was that bad? NO. I didn't look at him much but he looked at the very least decent when I watched him. On one play in the second half he perfectly held his ground and tackled the RB for a 1 or 2 yard gain. It was perfectly was is expected of him to do.

Welcome to ChiefsPlanet where we pile on players based on one sub par game.

Im putting Tyson Jackson down as a guy who has taken a step forward this offseason. Is he perfect? No. Is he where we want him to be right now? Probably not. But he's a helluva lot better then he looked last preseason.

the Talking Can
09-02-2011, 10:03 AM
Tyson Jackson has not been that bad. Maybe he was last night, I don't know, but he had a really good game vs STL and has had a strong preaseason thus far. Just sounds like people are piling on.

i think people just set the bar low for him...if he doesn't fall down people clap

The Franchise
09-02-2011, 10:04 AM

That's a lot of perfectly.

Chris Meck
09-02-2011, 10:05 AM
better:

Houston. Wow.
Powe-6th round!?
Gregg-looks to have a lot left in the tank. Can he keep it up?
Stanzi-shows the skills and pocket awareness. I like the potential
Hudson-looks like a player.

worse:
Studebaker. Can you PLEASE KEEP OUTSIDE CONTAINMENT JUST ONCE? IT"S YOUR JOB.
Breaston-Is it you, or just Cassel and Palko?
B. Richardson-lot of mental mistakes. At some point you have to get past this.
most all 2nd and 3rd stringers-we really have very little depth anywhere.

ModSocks
09-02-2011, 10:08 AM
If I had to pick a guy who has regressed this season, I'd have to take Barry Richardson. He went from OK/BAD to BAD/Terrible.

How was JC aside from the fumbles? Is he still running like JC?

The Franchise
09-02-2011, 10:10 AM
If I had to pick a guy who has regressed this season, I'd have to take Barry Richardson. He went from OK/BAD to BAD/Terrible.

How was JC aside from the fumbles? Is he still running like JC?

I can't tell if JC isn't running like last year because of the offensive line or the offensive gameplan. I realize that he hasn't touched the ball that many times this preseason....but damn.

ModSocks
09-02-2011, 10:11 AM
I can't tell if JC isn't running like last year because of the offensive line or the offensive gameplan. I realize that he hasn't touched the ball that many times this preseason....but damn.

Just checked the Box Score.

Wow. 9 Carries for 19 yards. WTF? While DMC avg 5.4 ypc?

Odd...

ModSocks
09-02-2011, 10:12 AM
Urban 5 for 53. Nice.

ModSocks
09-02-2011, 10:14 AM
Just watched the Highlight of that Long Grant run. The whole D-Line got their shit pushed in, wow.

HemiEd
09-02-2011, 10:16 AM
Bowe has really looked like a beast among men.

He sure was last night, he really stepped up. Love his tackle on the Charles fumble run back. He came a long way to catch up, and nobody else had a chance.

booger
09-02-2011, 10:23 AM
Better than expected:

Belcher
Houston
Sheffield
D. Johnson
Bowe
Gregg

Not as good as expected:

Hudson
Albert
Richardson
Gaither

Soooo.....nod-inducing linebackers, disappointing offensive tackles is what I'm seeing.

OLB is the best it's been with the top 3 in Hali Sheffield, and Houston looking good rushing the qb. Studebaker hasn't stood out and IMO has had a bit of trouble setting the edge in the run game which is supposed to be his strong suit. Seems like some of those long runs both he and TJack are giving too much ground and there is too many bodies for Belcher to fight through. Good thing is they have adjusted well except STL which ran at will their first 2 opening drives.

Gregg i wouldn't say better just about right were you think he would be with things being new. I think he will only get better and Powe has been exceptional for a rookie playing 2 gap NT. Some inconsitancy there but overall pretty darn good. DJ and Bowe both look very good and i think both have taken steps in maturity and leadership roles as well. For DJ he's finally the vet of the group and he seems confident in that role. Bowe's focus has been outstanding.

Belcher looked really good last night. I know it was against 2's and 3's of GB but he had a couple tackles for loss and was butting heads at the LOS with the FB's and guards and holding his ground well. Stood out as a better player in that situation which he should have but still nice to see no matter what. GB always is deep at FB and TE and 2nd and 3rd OL as well. Not starters yet but not some turds like KC with Bobby Greenwood and Chris Harr types if you get my drift.

Back to LB and LOLB specific, i could see Sheffield starting over Stude with Houston getting plenty of snaps there too. It's not cut and dry with my blaming Stude on some of those runs since you can't see the endzone shot which is on the coaches tape so it can be hard to pinpoint. The LE NT and LOLB spots with Belcher at the Mike is all involved in that.

Hudson has looked really good at both C and LG with the exception of the play where Cassel got drilled. He whiffed on that one while playing C. You could hear Haley on the broadcast going nutz on him screaming "get 62 back in there". Trent Green mentioned during the game that Casey is really impressed with him and that Hudson after a few days in camp just started spending a bunch of time with Casey and asking plenty of questions. Casey isn't easily impressed with young guys so that was quite the compliment i thought.

Albert is coming along and will be fine IMO. The whole OL is not where they need to be in their slide protections and all that but sometimes that falls on a TE, Back, or the QB not getting rid of the ball, etc. He hasn't regressed by any means. He can improve though.

Richardson has regressed. Getting a ton of holding calls and whiffs too often. I think the arrival of Gaither has got in his head as well. Pissed me off early in camp when he responded to a question asked to him about keeping the job at RT and he said something about waiting around expecting them to sign someone to replace him and was surprised when camp opened that they didn't. Gaither looked really good at RT last night considering he has very little experience there. Looked pretty smooth as far as adjusting to the right side. Big thing will be his health and how that holds up.(knock on wood) With him and Albert playing together for quite a few snaps last night it was sure a pleasant site to see a nice pocket for the qb for a change...even if it was Shane Falco in @QB.

And for the first time in i don't know how long, they will cut a WR or 2 that will have a shot to stick somewhere else, either as a WR or special teamer. I know Haley likes Urban, Copper, and Colbert really well but IMO he can't keep all 3. If he cuts Tucker i'm gonna be pissed.

Rain Man
09-02-2011, 10:31 AM
And for the first time in i don't know how long, they will cut a WR or 2 that will have a shot to stick somewhere else, either as a WR or special teamer. I know Haley likes Urban, Copper, and Colbert really well but IMO he can't keep all 3. If he cuts Tucker i'm gonna be pissed.

Copper is going to be an interesting decision. He's definitely a good special teams player, but last night ... wow. Dropped two passes that hit him right in the hands that cost us the game. If they keep Copper, they're not keeping him as a WR at all, because that's not his skill set. They should change his position to linebacker or strong safety or something.

Unless Hoffman puts in a big plea to save him, I think he's out. Like you, I'm a fan of Tucker and I'd rather see Tucker lined up as a receiver than Copper.
The question is how much the 5th receiver lines up as a receiver and how often he plays on special teams.

trndobrd
09-02-2011, 10:33 AM
Better than expected:
1)Tyler Palko - Throughout the preseason has demonstrated the ability to make good things happen without soiling himself. I think he showed enough to be a legitimate backup, and it never hurts to have a left handed, very mobile QB come off the bench.

2) Dwayne Bowe - Not just making the circus catches, but also catching the ball when it hits him in the hands. If his preseason is any indication, he will join the ranks of the NFL's elite receivers this year.

3) POWe and Gregg - The makings of a great rotation of athletic ability and veteran experience.

4) Houston - Speed dial set on 11. With more coaching on technique he is going to be scary.

5) Dustin Colquitt - With a 100% competion rate in the preseason, he has QBOTF written all over him.

6) Dexter McCluster - Can't tell if he is better or if the coaching staff has just finally figured out what to do with him.

Less than Expected:
1) Tony Moeaki - Pretty slow start with the injury, showed some flashes last night.

2) Matt Cassell- I am not a Cassell hater, but he has not looked very comfortable in the pocket most of the preseason. Looked better last night.

3) Ryan Succop - Really expected him to send all kickoffs out of the endzone.

4) Steve Breaston - Thought he would have more of an immediate impact. Haven't been able to tell if he is not getting looked at, or not getting open.

Iowanian
09-02-2011, 10:39 AM
McCluster has been surprising so far, when he's got 2 healthy legs, i think he's a playmaker and will help keep the chains moving.

Amon Gordon has been a surprise to me, coming from nowhere he looks like a possible contributor.

Powe isn't the fat lard I thought he was going to be and while he has some learning to do, I can see he has potential.

Bowe is improved this year....sticky hands and great effort as demonstrated on running down that fumble last night.

Gales is improved more than I anticipated and looks like he should make the roster in the role played by Shaun Smith last year.

The recieving group as a whole is better this year.

booger
09-02-2011, 10:41 AM
Copper is going to be an interesting decision. He's definitely a good special teams player, but last night ... wow. Dropped two passes that hit him right in the hands that cost us the game. If they keep Copper, they're not keeping him as a WR at all, because that's not his skill set. They should change his position to linebacker or strong safety or something.

Unless Hoffman puts in a big plea to save him, I think he's out. Like you, I'm a fan of Tucker and I'd rather see Tucker lined up as a receiver than Copper.
The question is how much the 5th receiver lines up as a receiver and how often he plays on special teams.

Copper also plays as the lone WR in the jumbo multi TE sets. He's the best blocker. Still i think Urban would be big enough to get that job done. Not as strong but the effort would be there. Hell, we know Bowe could do it and be a much better pass option there as well. Copper plays the lead blocker on KR's and sprung Arenas with a good block on the long run. When it comes to guys like him and battle though i agree with you that the more they regress as contributors to the offense the easier it is to move on with someone else. Especially with Tucker very capable on sp. teams and in battle's case they keep 1-2 extra LB's or a LB and DB just for his role. Also of note: McClain was covering KO's last night and led the team with 2 sp. teams tackles. I didn't expect that. Was glad to see it.

booger
09-02-2011, 10:47 AM
I'm not down on Breaston at all. The first 2 games Urban didn't even get any looks. Cassel started of in those games and locked in on Bowe. An early camp interview w/Breaston he indicated that they wanted him to take his time and get to know the offense. He has familiarity with Haley, Mo Carthon, and Richie Anderson from their AZ days so i think it was more they are very cautious with his knee. As far as i remember he hasn't missed much if any practice time.

gblowfish
09-02-2011, 10:59 AM
Better than I expected:
Asamoah: Don't miss Brian Waters at all.
Bowe: Played very well last night.
Sheffield: Good linebacker, hope he stays healthy.
Powe: Hopefully he'll learn from Gregg.
Flowers: Nice pick last night.

Worse:
Colquitt: Shanked two punts last night.
Copper: Maybe played himself off the team.
Richardson: He's a speed bump.
Cassel: Has no accuracy. If he could hit somebody in stride, we'd get YAC.
Lewis: Got suckered bad by St. Louis for their first TD last week
Haley: WTF are you doing playing Hali in the 4th Qtr????

Pasta Little Brioni
09-02-2011, 12:58 PM
Albert has played well the last couple of weeks.

Impressed
Houston
Albert
McCluster
Bowe
DJ
Sheffield
Gordon

Unimpressed
Studebaker
Pisspoorcatelly
Richardson
Hudson
Urban
Torpedio

DeezNutz
09-02-2011, 01:01 PM
Cassel has looked better than expected.

Buckweath
09-02-2011, 01:20 PM
Cassel has looked better than expected.

HUm, NO. If anything, McCluster and Bowe have made him look good with terrific catches but Cassell looks average, the same as last year.

Rasputin
09-02-2011, 01:22 PM

ditto that.

Rasputin
09-02-2011, 01:25 PM
Brandon Flowers & Carr have looked good, as expected.

Mama Hip Rockets
09-02-2011, 04:13 PM
we made a mistake letting Smith go and depending on Jackson...

Definitely. Still haven't figured out why they let Smith go.

boogblaster
09-02-2011, 05:27 PM
lines suck .. linebackers are lost .. again .. jones is done .. cassell well hope his play steps up ....

dex looks good .. johnson and gregg earning their pay .. bowe will prolly have a good year ....

Frankie
09-02-2011, 06:44 PM
Gaither was better at RT than Richardson by a landslide. I think he's better at left tackle than Albert too. I'm getting increasingly intrigued by the vision of someday having Gaither and Albert at LT and LG.

Charles needs to hang on to the ball. His knock coming out of college. I hope the bad habit has not returned. Hopefully he's gotten that out of his system in the preseason.

Frankie
09-02-2011, 06:49 PM

If we want to move up we have to start expecting "Damn good" instead of "not that bad."

I agree with you, he has not been that bad. This, IMO, is Ty-Jax's make or break season.

"com on man"
09-02-2011, 06:51 PM
Allen bailey is doing good as a De and Plugging the gaps, He is a big body to run through and gives us depth if tyson jackson goes down like last yr. Remember I said it first. plus he's a miami hurricane look at the stats of great nfl players From um
....who appears to be better than expected, and who is not as good as expected?

I've only been able to see two games, one of which was on a tiny computer feed, so it's a little hard to see sometimes, but here's what I'm seeing.

Better than expected:

Belcher
Houston
Sheffield
D. Johnson
Bowe
Gregg

Not as good as expected:

Hudson
Albert
Richardson
Gaither

BossChief
09-02-2011, 07:15 PM
Allen bailey is doing good as a De and Plugging the gaps, He is a big body to run through and gives us depth if tyson jackson goes down like last yr. Remember I said it first. plus he's a miami hurricane look at the stats of great nfl players From um

haha

fucking n00bs

Direckshun
09-02-2011, 08:02 PM
My biggest disappointment this offseason has to be a tie between Barry Richardson and Glenn Dorsey, both of whom seem to have drastically regressed.

My biggest positive this offseason has to be Brandon Carr. No QB in all four games even remotely challenged him, save for a pass in the Rams game.

Hammock Parties
09-02-2011, 08:06 PM
My biggest disappointment this offseason has to be a tie between Barry Richardson and Glenn Dorsey, both of whom seem to have drastically regressed.

:rolleyes:

You're judging Dorsey based on preseason games, really?

Titty Meat
09-02-2011, 08:08 PM
Belcher has been awful in coverage.

KevB
09-02-2011, 08:12 PM
Biggest disappointments for me are Richardson and Studebaker. Neither appear to be starting players. I'm praying Houston shows enough to replace Stude, so I'm at least hopeful for the future of that position. At RT, who knows. Gaither I guess, but the guy has never played RT in the NFL, so that's asking a lot of a guy who's been injured and didn't really play last year.

Titty Meat
09-02-2011, 08:12 PM
Good
McCluster
D. Johnson
Sheffield
Houston
Gregg
Tucker (despite a few drops he's shown ability to get open and could become a good WR)
Gordon
Bailey
Daniels

Bad
Belcher
Moeaki
McGraw
Jackson
Richardson

Worst player in the league
Chris Harr

Red Brooklyn
09-02-2011, 08:17 PM
I haven't been able to watch any of the last three preseason games. But I'm thrilled to hear Dex is playing so well, or at least better than most expected. I'm a big fan, and I thought he actually showed a ton of potential last season. I'm hoping the guy will be special. Glad he's doing well so far.

durtyrute
09-02-2011, 08:28 PM
I had to add this, i'm sure it's been said but I'm not trying to look for it. What's up with this "Brandon Boys" bullshit the announcer kept saying. That is the dumbest fucking name. He kept saying that everyone calls them that, who calls them that besides his dumbass?

BossChief
09-02-2011, 08:47 PM
Bad
Belcher
Jackson

:spock:

Smed1065
09-02-2011, 09:03 PM
Rainman,

Id take everyone off that list. I am a bitch. #1 pick is my motto.

FYP pussy.

patteeu
09-02-2011, 09:08 PM
I had to add this, i'm sure it's been said but I'm not trying to look for it. What's up with this "Brandon Boys" bullshit the announcer kept saying. That is the dumbest ****ing name. He kept saying that everyone calls them that, who calls them that besides his dumbass?

When he said everyone calls them that, I think he was referring to the other players.

milkman
09-03-2011, 08:20 AM
Good
McCluster
D. Johnson
Sheffield
Houston
Gregg
Tucker (despite a few drops he's shown ability to get open and could become a good WR)
Gordon
Bailey
Daniels

Bad
Belcher
Moeaki
McGraw
Jackson
Richardson

Worst player in the league
Chris Harr

Overall, I agree with most of your list here, but your blind hatred of Belcher is similar to your blind hatred for Carr last year.

I won't get to see the last game until tonight, but to this point, I have been very impressed with his gap discipline, his willingness to take on blockers, and to shed thos blocks.

His pass coverage, while still a work in progress is, in fact, progressing, and he isn't nearly as bad as you try to make him out to be.

It's too bad the offseason was lost to the lockout, because he would be further along in that progress otherwise.

Rausch
09-03-2011, 08:23 AM
Overall, I agree with most of your list here, but your blind hatred of Belcher is similar to your blind hatred for Carr last year.

I won't get to see the last game until tonight, but to this point, I have been very impressed with his gap discipline, his willingness to take on blockers, and to shed thos blocks.

His pass coverage, while still a work in progress is, in fact, progressing, and he isn't nearly as bad as you try to make him out to be.

It's too bad the offseason was lost to the lockout, because he would be further along in that progress otherwise.

No mention of Asamoah...:spock:

milkman
09-03-2011, 08:42 AM
No mention of Asamoah...:spock:

Just commenting on his list, specifically Belcher, because I have seen him disparage Belcher's play a number of times.

Frankie
09-03-2011, 01:05 PM

How do you regress from "Barry Richardson?" :shrug: