PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Brian Waters

Titty Meat
09-02-2011, 12:22 PM
I understand why the Chiefs let him go but I don't understand why he hasn't signed with anyone. Do you think Whitlock was right when he said it's partially because he was an important player rep?

Hammock Parties
09-02-2011, 12:23 PM
No, he's done, and everyone knows it.

whoman69
09-02-2011, 12:35 PM
He'd be better than Richardson even switching positions.

booger
09-02-2011, 12:35 PM
Was the rumor of him weighing 360 after the lockout legit?

booger
09-02-2011, 12:39 PM
Casey followed around Waters pretty close at a few of those meetings. I wouldn't say he was involved near as much as Waters and Vrabel. Nisewanger and Studebaker plus McGraw all were/are reps of KC on the NFLPA.

Kevin Mawae has thought he was blackballed over the whole thing the last few years but the guy is pretty close to 40. Damn good player for plenty of years though.

RedThat
09-02-2011, 12:40 PM
He'd be better than Richardson even switching positions.

Yeah like really. I liked Waters. They should of kept him for this reason.

MoreLemonPledge
09-02-2011, 12:41 PM
http://www.catsandbeer.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/grimace.jpg

RedThat
09-02-2011, 12:44 PM
http://www.catsandbeer.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/grimace.jpg

:LOL:

thats great!

I soooo wanna hug that thing.

Fritz88
09-02-2011, 12:45 PM
No, he's done, and everyone knows it.

He's demanding too much you f****** idiot. He still has at least 1 good year in him.
Posted via Mobile Device

booger
09-02-2011, 12:52 PM
he was acting as his own agent, i don't know if he hired one once Pioli came aboard. That might be a factor as far as the lockout stuff goes. More likely to get into pissing matches if he's talking money with the GM's without a middle man. He got screwed over on his last deal he signed with Carl with no agent. He wanted more money every offseason and never got it. In the Herm years when they talked about moving him to C he always said he wouldn't consider it without a raise. The year Eric Steinbach and a couple other guards got Tackle money in a weak FA market was what pissed Waters off. He kept trying to get close to what they got and never got his wish as far as i remember.

pr_capone
09-02-2011, 02:48 PM
he was acting as his own agent, i don't know if he hired one once Pioli came aboard. That might be a factor as far as the lockout stuff goes. More likely to get into pissing matches if he's talking money with the GM's without a middle man. He got screwed over on his last deal he signed with Carl with no agent. He wanted more money every offseason and never got it. In the Herm years when they talked about moving him to C he always said he wouldn't consider it without a raise. The year Eric Steinbach and a couple other guards got Tackle money in a weak FA market was what pissed Waters off. He kept trying to get close to what they got and never got his wish as far as i remember.

Good. Screw that bug eyed, talentless, fat fuck.

90% of his "skill" retired along with Roaf.

Deberg_1990
09-02-2011, 02:55 PM

Wow, yea he definately missed his big pay day and now that ship has sailed. He's probably got one or two decent years left, but nobody's gonna pay an old LG much.

Fish
09-02-2011, 02:56 PM
Let's see what Ty Law is doing as well.... Flowers is a bust.....

BossChief
09-02-2011, 07:25 PM
He will not sign anywhere that wont ensure him that he will start.

He will probably play this year, once the dust settles.

lcarus
09-02-2011, 07:33 PM
He's demanding too much you f****** idiot. He still has at least 1 good year in him.
Posted via Mobile Device

Yeah that has to be it. Because he's still a lot better than a good majority of starting guards in the league. The only thing that makes sense is his asking price is way too high. It's the only thing that could explain why we kept Weigmann and not Waters...

Mr. Laz
09-02-2011, 07:33 PM
(i figure) He didn't want to go through training camp and wants a guaranteed starting job.

That's a lot to ask for a guy in his age and position

lcarus
09-02-2011, 07:36 PM
(i figure) He didn't want to go through training camp and wants a guaranteed starting job.

That's a lot to ask for a guy in his age and position

I would think there would be several teams that would want him as a starter for this season.

Just Passin' By
09-02-2011, 07:49 PM
I would think there would be several teams that would want him as a starter for this season.

Signing a guy like Waters before the first game of the season means his contract is guaranteed if he makes the opening game roster. It's possible that Waters will be a week 2 signing.

Mr. Laz
09-02-2011, 08:02 PM

apparently not since he hasn't been signed

maybe he will get signed after the 1st game so his salary isn't guaranteed.

I don't know if that rule is still the same under the new CBA though

veist
09-02-2011, 10:31 PM
Signing a guy like Waters before the first game of the season means his contract is guaranteed if he makes the opening game roster. It's possible that Waters will be a week 2 signing.

You have to figure its this and/or he's asking for a multi-year deal and nobody wants to give him a second year with his declining play.