Deberg_1990
09-03-2011, 06:06 PM
Well, bye....

"insert Powers Booth gif here"

Sofa King
09-03-2011, 06:07 PM
Battle>Cox
Haley agrees with me.

Not to burst your bubble but they both suck ass.

BossChief
09-03-2011, 06:11 PM
He will be a bill soon.

this

Okie_Apparition
09-03-2011, 06:15 PM
You're saying goodbye to your Cox? :spock:

It hasn't sunk in yet

Easy 6
09-03-2011, 06:34 PM
I'll miss him even more than his best pal Mike Hunt, paging Mike Hunt... anyone here seen Mike Hunt?

Mr. Laz
09-03-2011, 06:56 PM
i haven't seen much reall fullback-ing from McClain tbh

i imagine in the regular season he will be more angry in his play though.

DTLB58
09-03-2011, 07:12 PM
He should leave room in his car for Jackie Battle.

WTF? The Chiefs need offensive weapons without Baldwin and Moeaki and they freaking keep Battle. :banghead:

RealSNR
09-03-2011, 07:33 PM
Mike Cox has been cut.

And it really hurts. I need a band aid.

KurtCobain
09-03-2011, 07:43 PM
Thank you Mike Cox, for getting me through that 2-14 season. Even as we lost, I was able to make jokes about you gaining penetration from the back field.

boogblaster
09-03-2011, 08:19 PM
he will be missed ....

Dr. Gigglepants
09-03-2011, 08:34 PM
I don't get this. Mike Cox is huge and has the capability to burst holes wide open. You put a tight end in front of Mike Cox and explosions ensue. Cutting Mike Cox just sounds unnatural. Penis name!1

Hammock Parties
08-17-2012, 01:46 AM
He still sucks.

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1301687/blammo.gif

Direckshun
08-17-2012, 01:48 AM
Heh.

That brings back memories.

Bowser
08-17-2012, 01:51 AM
MIKE COX GOT POUNDED

/derp

pr_capone
08-17-2012, 01:51 AM
He still sucks.

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1301687/blammo.gif

Looks like 11 missed his blocking assignment to me.

Direckshun
08-17-2012, 01:52 AM
Looks like 11 missed his blocking assignment to me.

When you coil your body in a blocking motion, only to get planted on your own ass, you're not very good at football.

Munson
08-17-2012, 01:55 AM
He got trucked by Taylor Mays.

Hammock Parties
08-17-2012, 01:56 AM
Fullback's job is to pretty much take out any asshole in his way on that kind of play, isn't it?

Fail.

pr_capone
08-17-2012, 01:57 AM
When you coil your body in a blocking motion, only to get planted on your own ass, you're not very good at football.

I don't think he saw him until the last second. I bet this was supposed to be a sweep. The WR #11 was supposed to come off his defender and missed. Cox was supposed to block the defender in front of #11. He didn't see the guy in time and took a shot. Not his fault because he expected #11 to not miss the block.

pr_capone
08-17-2012, 01:58 AM
Fullback's job is to pretty much take out any asshole in his way on that kind of play, isn't it?

Fail.

it is a scripted play. he is supposed to go block a specific guy but he was taken out because #11 whiffed on his block.

mcaj22
08-17-2012, 02:19 AM
even with Mike Cox getting plowed over, it looks like Michael Turner has come down with a case of the Thomas Jonesies

Phobia
08-17-2012, 02:21 AM

Fail.

Do you understand why so many former players take post-playing jobs in an analyst's role? It's because they actually understand how the game works. When a player, even a very good FB like Tony Richardson doesn't expect a guy in his grill he's going to get trucked. Obviously, Mike Cox is in no danger of playing in Hawaii in January but the guy expected the WR to chip the DB and he was looking downfield for his next block. If you don't brace for a shot like that, you're going to be looking out your earhole. That can happen to anybody. I go about 220 and have been knocked silly by a 150 guy when I didn't see him. I never saw the guy. He caught me with 2 hands in a shoulder and used my momentum to spin me 360 degrees in the air and on my ass.

I'll give you credit for breaking down film and being good with graphics. You watch a lot of football and have a grasp for how things should work. But the nuances of the game elude you. There are a lot of things you'll never comprehend if you haven't been out there. Obviously, I'm not an amazing player nor analyst but I do understand how it feels to get hit when you're not expecting to get hit. Mike Cox was shocked at that impact and he never had an opportunity to brace. That doesn't make him a bad player. Other factors make him a bad player but that one play doesn't even enter his coaches' minds when they're making a decision whether to keep him or dump him in a few days because they understand. You... do not.

mcaj22
08-17-2012, 02:23 AM
that guy is not #11's job. That guy was the pulling blocker that was occupied up the ass of his own teammate where that one Bengal's d-lineman is taking up two Falcons blockers.

the puller never got to the edge lol. 11 came in to try and chip and whiffed.

Phobia
08-17-2012, 02:29 AM
that guy is not #11's job.

Probably not. Blocking assignments are often busted and a player will just get a body on a defender. But on this play, Cox obviously sees 11 coming in to chip the DB. His mistake was putting too much faith in that guy and looking away too soon.

Hammock Parties
08-17-2012, 02:30 AM
Here's a still. Looks to me like old Mike Cox had the best chance at blocking Taylor Mays and just flat sucks at his job.

http://i.imgur.com/db43h.jpg

bowener
08-17-2012, 02:37 AM
I remember the erection I had over Taylor Mays. Proof I am dumb as fuck.

Phobia
08-17-2012, 02:42 AM
Here's a still. Looks to me like old Mike Cox had the best chance at blocking Taylor Mays and just flat sucks at his job.

Actually, now that we got the full frame, it looks to me like a designed sweep where 11 was supposed to seal off the end and Cox is supposed to spring the ballcarrier. 11 didn't even make an effort to block the guy in front of him. But it's preseason - who knows who busted that play? The point is that Cox was unprepared and got splattered. It happens and it's fun to watch. Thanks for sharing the gif.

mcaj22
08-17-2012, 03:01 AM
11 wasnt suppose to seal clearly the pulling guard is suppose to seal and he got caught in the butt off his teammate

good job by that Bengals d-lineman to stay lateral and hold the point and occupy two idiots

so pretty much Tony Gonzo getting his shit pushed in if that's him lol

|Zach|
08-17-2012, 04:46 AM
Do you understand why so many former players take post-playing jobs in an analyst's role? It's because they actually understand how the game works. When a player, even a very good FB like Tony Richardson doesn't expect a guy in his grill he's going to get trucked. Obviously, Mike Cox is in no danger of playing in Hawaii in January but the guy expected the WR to chip the DB and he was looking downfield for his next block. If you don't brace for a shot like that, you're going to be looking out your earhole. That can happen to anybody. I go about 220 and have been knocked silly by a 150 guy when I didn't see him. I never saw the guy. He caught me with 2 hands in a shoulder and used my momentum to spin me 360 degrees in the air and on my ass.

I'll give you credit for breaking down film and being good with graphics. You watch a lot of football and have a grasp for how things should work. But the nuances of the game elude you. There are a lot of things you'll never comprehend if you haven't been out there. Obviously, I'm not an amazing player nor analyst but I do understand how it feels to get hit when you're not expecting to get hit. Mike Cox was shocked at that impact and he never had an opportunity to brace. That doesn't make him a bad player. Other factors make him a bad player but that one play doesn't even enter his coaches' minds when they're making a decision whether to keep him or dump him in a few days because they understand. You... do not.

Stances and theatrics associated with a single player or issue purely for attention is so much easier than understanding how complex and amazing the actual game of football is.

TimeForWasp
08-17-2012, 05:32 AM
Mike Cox hurt

Black Bob
08-17-2012, 08:22 AM
I remember the erection I had over Taylor Mays. Proof I am dumb as ****.

Everyone thought he would be better than he is and no one knew who Earl Thomas even was in January. It's funny how things work out sometimes.

I think Cox will be losing his job to Polite after last night.

Dave Lane
08-17-2012, 08:35 AM
I remember the erection I had over Taylor Mays. Proof I am dumb as ****.

I never thought much of Taylor Mays based on the scouting reports I saw of him, however even I never expected him to be this kind of bust

boogblaster
08-17-2012, 10:40 AM
people come and go .. some dont know where to go .....