PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs What should Pioli do?

chiefqueen
09-04-2011, 01:11 AM
Todd Haley took a gamble and different approach to preseason and now it has backfired BIG TIME with Moeaki out for the year. I may be wrong but didn't Moeaki also tear his ACL while @ Iowa. If I'm right, Moeaki may not be the same player if he is ever able to play at this level again.

Looking at the division (and the conference) 4 of the 6 playoff berths are going to NE, NYJ, PITT, and Balt with the AFCW and AFCS sending just one team to the playoffs. I don't care about the South and I think Philip Rivers is determined more than ever this year to cement his place as an elite QB. SD at worst, is a 12 win team, but 13 or 14 wins are more likely.

All preseason I've read the Chiefs are a better team this year but will have a worse record. Thanks to Haley, with Moeaki's injury, we are a worse team.

What I'm thinking is if Pioli was thinking of firing Haley this if there was a major regression this year, why wait? He already cost us the services of our tight end for the year and KC is probably lucky they did not have to put any other key player on IR after seeing several starters limp off the field after the 1st quarter on Thursday night. This season is lost as far as the playoffs are concerned IMO. Why not let Haley go and see what Maurice Cauthon (sp?) and do? If he surprises everybody, while KC will still not make the playoffs, maybe KC will be farther along for 2012 than letting Haley coach this year and making the change after the season.

Those are my thoughts.

Oh, BTW, here is an article where Wilcots all but calls the Chiefs stupid for how they played the regulars Thurs. night.

http://www.kansascity.com/2011/09/03/3119710/chiefs-lose-moeaki-for-the-season.html

Simply Red
09-04-2011, 01:12 AM
in

Simply Red
09-04-2011, 01:16 AM
thanks for that article - i'd not seen that. This really sucks.

Psyko Tek
09-04-2011, 01:16 AM
WE ARE DOOOMED

MoreLemonPledge
09-04-2011, 01:18 AM
Haley is not getting fired. End of thread.

Direckshun
09-04-2011, 01:21 AM
Haley didn't get Moeaki injured.

The guy is incredibly injury prone. Pioli knew that when he selected him.

Haley, at this point, needs two crappy 6-win seasons next to each other in order to lose his job.

Simply Red
09-04-2011, 01:24 AM
Haley said it best when he said: "hey girl, let me touch you"

BigMeatballDave
09-04-2011, 01:29 AM
WTF does this injury have to do with Haley?

This place has gone full retard.

BigRock
09-04-2011, 01:31 AM
http://i56.tinypic.com/2dik2o0.gif

The Franchise
09-04-2011, 01:39 AM
You have got to be the most retarded poster on this site....and thats saying a lot.

Simply Red
09-04-2011, 01:46 AM
You have got to be the most retarded poster on this site....and thats saying a lot.

:LOL:

Hammock Parties
09-04-2011, 01:54 AM
http://i.imgur.com/Hhh27.gif

SPchief
09-04-2011, 02:10 AM
But what could have happened if it was in mid-air?

Deberg_1990
09-04-2011, 02:17 AM
Haley should just tank the season in order to get Luck.

lcarus
09-04-2011, 02:32 AM
Since Moeaki got injured, Clark should just sell the team and worry about soccer. He's clearly failed in this sport.

xztop12
09-04-2011, 03:40 AM
doesnt this force us to be more spread out and faster?

chargers and packers did ok with out their TE's

kstater
09-04-2011, 03:46 AM
Tony Gonzalez having shit receivers around him for 10 years has warped most of this fanbase. Losing a TE is not the end of the fucking world.

Crush
09-04-2011, 04:44 AM
What should Pioli do?

Should he admit that he made mistakes?
Should he remind you that he has done this before?
Should he give you a history lesson?

What should Pioli do?

Should he tell you how much fun he has had?
Should he really believe that Cassel has ruined his legacy?

What should Pioli do?

Maybe he should just sell shoes?
Maybe he should just disappear?
Maybe he should have his tattoo removed?
Or maybe he should tell you that he is not a role model?

Seriously, what should Pioli do?
Should he tell you that he is the Executive of the Decade?
Should he tell you that he made a big mistake with Cassel?
Should he be who you want him to be?
Should he except his role... as a villain?
Should he stop listening to his friends?
Should he try acting?

Should he try to make you laugh?
Should he read you a soulful poem?
Should he just clear the deck and start over?
What should Pioli do?

-King-
09-04-2011, 04:52 AM
Yeah I was going to do the lebron thing too ROFL
Posted via Mobile Device

xztop12
09-04-2011, 05:01 AM
we lost a freaking tight end dude haha some guy was like the season is over now

milkman
09-04-2011, 05:17 AM
Tom Brady and the Patriots starters went nearly the entire first half for the Patriots.

What should Robert Kraft do?

Should he fire Bill Belichick?

Barret
09-04-2011, 05:28 AM
I think it was said earlier that Moeaki had zero catches in the first 3 pre-season games and was dropping the balls actually thrown to him. Haley needed to get him into a rhythm and due to Moeaki being fragile as glass, that didn't work out.

During the Cardinals Superbowl run, did they have a tight end that was all pro? I can't remember truthfully. Bowe and Breaston are still legitimate targets and for end zone jump ball type throws Baldwin should be able to snag some of those.

What other teams rely on the TE position for receiving?

I think you are over reaching on how this effects the Chiefs as a whole and that Haley MUST be fired now.

rocknrolla
09-04-2011, 05:31 AM
For f**k sake! Can't we go two days without one of these retarded threads being started! Haley IS NOT getting fired for an injury.

MahiMike
09-04-2011, 05:51 AM
This is so stoopid. What if Moeaki had gotten hurt in game 3? Or next week? What's the difference?

milkman
09-04-2011, 05:57 AM
I think it was said earlier that Moeaki had zero catches in the first 3 pre-season games and was dropping the balls actually thrown to him. Haley needed to get him into a rhythm and due to Moeaki being fragile as glass, that didn't work out.

During the Cardinals Superbowl run, did they have a tight end that was all pro? I can't remember truthfully. Bowe and Breaston are still legitimate targets and for end zone jump ball type throws Baldwin should be able to snag some of those.

What other teams rely on the TE position for receiving?

I think you are over reaching on how this effects the Chiefs as a whole and that Haley MUST be fired now.

I'm pretty sure that Leonard Pope was the Cardinals starter at TE when they went the SB.

PRIEST
09-04-2011, 06:11 AM

:LOL::thumb:

cabletech94
09-04-2011, 06:24 AM
pope can catch drowning kids.
we should be fair in that department.
plus becht used to be "fair" also.

BigRichard
09-04-2011, 06:28 AM
I can't believe they didn't save him for next year. I mean we don't want to wear him out before a year where we are gonnna make a run at the super bowl. /slightydumberpostthentheOPbutnotbymuch

HonestChieffan
09-04-2011, 06:30 AM
With the arm of Cassel and the incredible hands of our wide outs, we dont need any stinking TE.

LVNHACK
09-04-2011, 07:06 AM

LMAO

Maybe you should run a poll and find out who is the most retarded...

Pasta Little Brioni
09-04-2011, 07:10 AM
LMAO

Maybe you should run a poll and find out who is the most retarded...

Right now, Red That would would win hands down.

Bugeater
09-04-2011, 07:10 AM
Don't listen to these other assholes, you are right chiefqueen. Pioli needs to shitcan the entire staff while there's still time to find new coaches before the regular season starts.

LVNHACK
09-04-2011, 07:37 AM

Could be....have to run the poll to find out

Hootie
09-04-2011, 07:44 AM
yeah thanks to Haley we went 0-4 in preseason!

thanks to Haley for not trying in week 1 in preseason!

and then thanks to Haley for then trying too hard in week 4 of preseason and getting Moeaki hurt in the 1st quarter!

and then thanks to Haley for (I have no idea where I'm going with this)

IT'S FUCKING FOOTBALL INJURIES FUCKING HAPPEN...EVEN TO YOUR GOOD PLAYERS...THANK GOD IT WAS MOEAKI AND NOT SOMEONE LIKE ERIC BERRY, JAMAAL CHARLES OR TAMBA HALI

Hootie
09-04-2011, 07:47 AM
I think Moeaki is great...that said, the book on him was he can't stay healthy...

and look what happened?

I say oh well.

He's great when healthy, a total plus to the team...but same time, he's a god damn TE...so what the fuck ever. For being a "core" player, he's the one guy we can afford to lose...Pope will be fine...and then whatever we get from O'Connell and/or Becht whatever. TE's are a luxury, not a necessity.

AND...in all honesty...we got through a preseason with only losing Moeaki and Siler...worse things have happened.

Gary
09-04-2011, 07:56 AM
Quick...someone call Jay Novacek.

milkman
09-04-2011, 07:56 AM

I think you're right, but this dumbass would come in a close 2nd.

It's speaks to a sad state of dumbassery on the planet.

evenfall
09-04-2011, 07:57 AM
Dumbass

milkman
09-04-2011, 07:58 AM
Quick...someone call Jay Novacek.

I call your Jay Novacek and raise you a Mark Bavarro.

Rausch
09-04-2011, 07:58 AM
Todd Haley took a gamble and different approach to preseason and now it has backfired BIG TIME with Moeaki out for the year.

Whut?

This is exactly what he was trying to prevent. I don't think less contact and less preseason PT caused an injury...:spock:

Rausch
09-04-2011, 08:00 AM
I think Moeaki is great...that said, the book on him was he can't stay healthy...

and look what happened?

I say oh well.

He's great when healthy, a total plus to the team...but same time, he's a god damn TE...so what the **** ever. For being a "core" player, he's the one guy we can afford to lose...Pope will be fine...and then whatever we get from O'Connell and/or Becht whatever. TE's are a luxury, not a necessity.

AND...in all honesty...we got through a preseason with only losing Moeaki and Siler...worse things have happened.

This.

I know he was maturing nicely and growing into a real threat in the passing game but if he's the only guy (and let's be honest, the most likely guy with Brodie gone) to get hurt we're doing fine...

Hootie
09-04-2011, 08:00 AM
I can't wait for Jamaal to be hurt so we can get a ...

JAMAAL NEEDED LESS CARRIES! thread

LVNHACK
09-04-2011, 08:03 AM
I think you're right, but this dumbass would come in a close 2nd.

It's speaks to a sad state of dumbassery on the planet.

Milk, the place has changed since i was a reg....

milkman
09-04-2011, 08:08 AM

It's still one of the best sites for football discussion, but you do have to wade through a lot of shit far more often.

Bugeater
09-04-2011, 08:08 AM
You should take note of the join date of the OP.

CaliforniaChief
09-04-2011, 08:16 AM
If you add all the preseason snaps played, I'm sure we were comparable to the rest of the league. We just played our starters less at the beginning and more at the end. So following "league logic", Moeaki probably would have blown out his knee in Week 2 or 3 instead of week 4. What's the difference? He's still out for the year.

Haley took a different approach to the preseason, probably hoping that a strong showing by the starters in Preseason Week 4 would give us more momentum headed into the opener.

And as a sidenote, it's really unfortunate that we don't also have to make cuts on CP to get down to a certain number of posters or I'm pretty sure this thread never would have existed.

Okie_Apparition
09-04-2011, 08:17 AM
He should super glue his left index finger & thumb to his brow. Then super glue his chin to his chest. So he can hide his shame

LVNHACK
09-04-2011, 08:27 AM

Dude, i remember the OP....

LVNHACK
09-04-2011, 08:29 AM
It's still one of the best sites for football discussion, but you do have to wade through a lot of shit far more often.

Maybe and I'm older, more crotchity and my ISP is nowhere near anything you guys have

Molitoth
09-04-2011, 08:37 AM
Such a stupid take. Sometimes I hate even being a part of the same messageboard as these tards.

Bugeater
09-04-2011, 08:47 AM
Dude, i remember the OP....
Then what was the point of that post? Apparently this type of dumbassery existed back when you were a regular as well.

Sorry, but it irritates me when someone disappears from the board for years, and then shows back up out of the blue and gripes about what it has become, as if it was everyone else's responsibility to keep it just the way you remembered it to be.

milkman
09-04-2011, 08:53 AM
Then what was the point of that post? Apparently this type of dumbassery existed back when you were a regular as well.

Sorry, but it irritates me when someone disappears from the board for years, and then shows back up out of the blue and gripes about what it has become, as if it was everyone else's responsibility to keep it just the way you remembered it to be.

The thing is, chiefsqueen has posted more in the past year or two than earlier, as though emboldened by the fact that her(?) dumbassery won't stand out so much as it would have earlier in this forum's existence.

alpha_omega
09-04-2011, 09:03 AM
....SD at worst, is a 12 win team, but 13 or 14 wins are more likely.....

You lost me here. Don't you think you are giving Sandy Eggo a little too much credit?.

According to history, Moeaki was gonna get hurt at some point anyway. If anything, the blame should fall on Pioli for picking an injury-prone player.

Titty Meat
09-04-2011, 09:19 AM
He should make Haley grab a womens vag that smells like fish at The Cigar Box.

DaFace
09-04-2011, 09:21 AM
The thing is, chiefsqueen has posted more in the past year or two than earlier, as though emboldened by the fact that her(?) dumbassery won't stand out so much as it would have earlier in this forum's existence.

I don't know about that. She gets blasted in basically every thread she starts.

milkman
09-04-2011, 09:27 AM
I don't know about that. She gets blasted in basically every thread she starts.

I didn't say she was right.

the Talking Can
09-04-2011, 09:30 AM
every coach who has a player injured in preseason should be fired

mesmith31
09-04-2011, 09:36 AM
Human beings:

1.) Overestimate causality, e.g., they see elephants in the clouds instead of understanding that they are in fact randomly shaped clouds that appear to our eyes as elephants (or something else);
2.) Tend to view the world as more explainable than it really is. So they look for explanations even when there are none.

Dave Lane
09-04-2011, 09:39 AM
Whoever wrote this is a moran of epic proportions. Hide this thread!

BossChief
09-04-2011, 09:50 AM
I wonder if the reason he started tc on pup was his knee.

Anyways, I think we made it out of preseason with the least injuries of any team....so, we've got that going for us.

Chiefshrink
09-04-2011, 09:51 AM
Take the Packers from last year. Sh** load of injuries that kept alot of their better players out 1/3 of the year if not 1/2 of the year. Granted none of them were season ending but look at how they endured adversity only to go on and win the SB.

Bottom line: Moeaki ain't the end all and we will persevere.

The bigger concern for me was that our 1st team on both sides of the ball sucked ass against GB's 2nd team. But I will say that our O is more motivated and alive under Palko.

milkman
09-04-2011, 09:54 AM
Take the Packers from last year. Sh** load of injuries that kept alot of their better players out 1/3 of the year if not 1/2 of the year. Granted none of them were season ending but look at how they endured adversity only to go on and win the SB.

The bigger concern for me was that our 1st team on both sides of the ball sucked ass against GB's 2nd team. But I will say that our O is more motivated and alive under Palko.

You're an idiot.

Rausch
09-04-2011, 09:56 AM

Also worth noting is that the Pack played the best there were. They didn't exactly have an easy road. They took out the hottest NFC teams (Eagles, Atlanta, Chicago) before topping the heavily favored Steelers.

And this done with most of their best offensive players nursing or out with injuries.

Champions overcome...

Coogs
09-04-2011, 10:04 AM

I pretty much disagree with all of this. While both units had their moments where they could have looked better, there were a lot of positives from both sides of the ball. If Cassel is good to play Sunday against the Bills, I am much more confident we will take care of business.

Now if Palko is our QB this season... I fear RedThat may get his 0-16 season and a shot at Andrew Luck.

Chiefshrink
09-04-2011, 10:18 AM
Also worth noting is that the Pack played the best there were. They didn't exactly have an easy road. They took out the hottest NFC teams (Eagles, Atlanta, Chicago) before topping the heavily favored Steelers.

And this done with most of their best offensive players nursing or out with injuries.

Champions overcome...

Amen!

Dante84
09-04-2011, 10:20 AM
One of the dumbest OP of a thread I've ever read.

Ever.

Dave Lane
09-04-2011, 10:20 AM
You're an idiot.

Repost.

booger
09-04-2011, 10:23 AM
WTF do you mean what should he do?

Maybe he could walk around slapping random strangers. Maybe he could pull his nose hairs out and glue them on his head? I don't know but there's plenty he could do. This should of been a poll

ForeverChiefs58
09-04-2011, 10:24 AM
I wonder if the reason he started tc on pup was his knee.

Anyways, I think we made it out of preseason with the least injuries of any team....so, we've got that going for us.

He was still recovering from offseason surgery on his knee

Saccopoo
09-04-2011, 10:26 AM
How about Pioli getting fired for trading up and costing us a fifth round pick when we could have had a solid TE selection by staying pat in the fourth like Hernandez, Pitta and the like? Even Moeaki would have likely have been there if we stayed with our pick instead of moving up.

Moeaki never got on the field for a full season in college. He was injured last year in the pre-season, injured this year in the pre-season and now he's out for the year with a blown knee.

I would imagine that this would open up a few more plays for McCluster though. However, at this point, IMHO, having Zane Beadles, Aaron Hernandez and Matt Tennant would be a better option than McCluster and Moeaki when you look at what "could have been" with the 2010 draft.

Hootie
09-04-2011, 10:29 AM
Jfc

Sent from my DROID PRO using Tapatalk

cabletech94
09-04-2011, 10:30 AM
He was still recovering from offseason surgery on his knee

props to boss chief and
foreverchiefs58.

pretty sure this was whats happened. 'specially not hearing what the "offseason" procedure that Moe had done.

and if i missed that memo, suck it!!!

WhiteWhale
09-04-2011, 10:44 AM
I'll panic if Hali goes down for the season.

I'll panic if Berry misses the season.. because the drop off is just insane.

I'll panic if Flowers or Carr goes down for the season (I trust Arenas... but not who would step in at NB)

I'll panic if Jamaal Charles misses the season.

KC was soooo lucky last season. I think we had the fewest injuries in the entire NFL. I heard that reported, but never verified it. I don't think anyone would argue our team was, for the most part, very healthy. That's one feat that's almost impossible to duplicate. While I think conditioning can do a ton to prevent injuries... many of them are still complete freak incidents. Acts of god if you will. While losing Moeaki sucks, it's far from 'worst case scenario' entering the NFL season.

patteeu
09-04-2011, 10:44 AM
If Haley hadn't changed things up and focused on conditioning, Moeaki might have died the first time he saw real contact instead of just suffering a season ending injury. Haley saved Moeaki!

Chiefshrink
09-04-2011, 10:45 AM
I pretty much disagree with all of this. While both units had their moments where they could have looked better, there were a lot of positives from both sides of the ball. If Cassel is good to play Sunday against the Bills, I am much more confident we will take care of business.

Now if Palko is our QB this season... I fear RedThat may get his 0-16 season and a shot at Andrew Luck.

You are a good poster 'Coogs' and thankyou for giving at least a substantive rebuttal when you disagree. I would take your second sentence and reverse the "moments" and "positives" and respectfully disagree that there were very few positives and many negative moments all night long. Our first team needed to dominate there 2nd and 3rd stringers and they didn't especially in the 4th pre-season game.

Now in reference to Cassel I never said that Palko should start the season because I agree with you that Cassel is more "intellectually and experience ready" BUT emotionally IMO Cassel is still too afraid to make mistakes thus you make more mistakes and we saw that last night AGAIN holding on to the ball way too long.

Bottom line: You can't play the QB pos scared of making a mistake. Palko is hungry to make plays and will "continue" to attempt to pull the trigger to do so(either passing or running)regardless of failing and the key word here is "continue". Cassel backs off IMO. The thing that really impresses me about Palko is that yes he has great mobility but he continues to look downfield to make a play with his arm before he totally takes off on his own. Cassel doesn't do this IMO. But you are right Cassel has more game experience under center and more playbook memory but Palko is hungrier and not afraid to make a mistake is all I'm saying. And I'm not saying that Palko is our QBOTF either. I just prefer watching Palko over Cassel is all.

milkman
09-04-2011, 10:48 AM
You are a good poster 'Coogs' and thankyou for giving at least a substantive rebuttal when you disagree. I would take your first sentence and reverse the "moments" and "positives" and respectfully disagree that there were very few positives and many negative moments all night long. Our first team needed to dominate there 2nd and 3rd stringers and they didn't especially in the 4th pre-season game.

Now in reference to Cassel I never said that Palko should start the season because I agree with you that Cassel is more "intellectually and experience ready" BUT emotionally IMO Cassel is still too afraid to make mistakes thus you make more mistakes and we saw that last night AGAIN holding on to the ball way too long.

Bottom line: You can't play the QB pos scared of making a mistake. Palko is hungry to make plays and will "continue" to attempt to pull the trigger to do so(either passing or running)regardless of failing and the key word here is "continue". Cassel backs off IMO. The thing that really impresses me about Palko is that yes he has great mobility but he continues to look downfield to make a play with his arm before he totally takes off on his own. Cassel doesn't do this IMO. But you are right Cassel has more game experience under center and more playbook memory but Palko is hungrier and not afraid to make a mistake is all I'm saying. And I'm not saying that Palko is our QBOTF either. I just prefer watching Palko over Cassel is all.

There's a dfference between taking risks and taking stupid risks.

Palko has no business being an NFL QB.

Chiefshrink
09-04-2011, 10:49 AM
If Haley hadn't changed things up and focused on conditioning, Moeaki might have died the first time he saw real contact instead of just suffering a season ending injury. Haley saved Moeaki!

Hey because of this lockout you are going to see a sh**load of injuries more than most and alot of IRs by mid-season because players are just not in good shape especially "hitting shape" IMO.

Extra Point
09-04-2011, 10:53 AM
Nothing beats a milkman-sportsshrink battle!

donkhater
09-04-2011, 10:56 AM
The fact of the matter is that if a team can't overcome the loss of any one non-QB player, then they weren't that great of a team to begin with. Does it affect the season? Yes. Keep KC from reaching the playoffs? I shutter to think that this team's playoff hopes relied on an injury-prone 2nd year TE.

milkman
09-04-2011, 10:56 AM
Nothing beats a milkman-sportsshrink battle!

What battle?

I thought shrink was spot on about Cassel.

I just didn't agree with his "risk" take on Palko.

booger
09-04-2011, 11:01 AM

I imagine folks around the league are finding quite a bit of humor in Palko wasting a precious roster spot.

Harrell from GB
Brandstater from Dallas
O'Connell from Miami
Tolzein from SD

All could be the #3 on the 53 or better yet the PS and save a roster spot for another position.

kstater
09-04-2011, 11:02 AM
The fact of the matter is that if a team can't overcome the loss of any one non-QB player, then they weren't that great of a team to begin with. Does it affect the season? Yes. Keep KC from reaching the playoffs? I shutter to think that this team's playoff hopes relied on an injury-prone 2nd year TE.

Camera or Window?

Chiefshrink
09-04-2011, 11:03 AM

Never said Palko should be the starter but if this season gets off to a shaky start and Cassel is being typical Cassel as I have described; it appears to me that Palko(running the first team BTW) is more accurate in passing(as opposed to Cassel's continued "floaters":#), better mobility while still looking downfied 'TO STILL MAKE A PLAY' and is HUNGRY TO WIN while not afraid to make a mistake.

I would much rather watch Palko/Stanzi for that matter as QB and at least as fan feel we still have a chance to win if Cassel is still Cassel. I do not buy the Cassel much improved BS from last yr. Weis protected him from himself and put the ballgame on the line in the hands of our running game as much as he could avoiding Cassel as much as he could and it worked because we had a weak schedule. This yr will be a whole different story and could get ugly very quickly IMO.

WhiteWhale
09-04-2011, 11:10 AM
Never said Palko should be the starter but if this season gets off to a shaky start and Cassel is being typical Cassel as I have described; it appears to me that Palko(running the first team BTW) is more accurate in passing(as opposed to Cassel's continued "floaters":#), better mobility while still looking downfied 'TO STILL MAKE A PLAY' and is HUNGRY TO WIN while not afraid to make a mistake.

I would much rather watch Palko as QB and at least as fan feel we still have a chance to win if Cassel is still Cassel. I do not buy the Cassel much improved BS from last yr. Weis protected him from himself and put the ballgame on the line in the hands of our running game as much as he could avoiding Cassel as much as he could and it worked because we had a weak schedule. This yr will be a whole different story and could get ugly very quickly IMO.

You're nuts.

If Palko goes out there tossing those fade away jump shots against real NFL defenses you'll be begging to have a real back up caliber QB like Cassel as your starter.

Palko has no business in the NFL, let alone being in a position we may have to rely on him. He was cut from canada and he was cut from the UFL. There's a reason. He's terrible. It's like KC is sandbagging Cassel's spot by having the worst possible back up QB.

King_Chief_Fan
09-04-2011, 11:11 AM
Todd Haley took a gamble and different approach to preseason and now it has backfired BIG TIME with Moeaki out for the year. I may be wrong but didn't Moeaki also tear his ACL while @ Iowa. If I'm right, Moeaki may not be the same player if he is ever able to play at this level again.

Looking at the division (and the conference) 4 of the 6 playoff berths are going to NE, NYJ, PITT, and Balt with the AFCW and AFCS sending just one team to the playoffs. I don't care about the South and I think Philip Rivers is determined more than ever this year to cement his place as an elite QB. SD at worst, is a 12 win team, but 13 or 14 wins are more likely.

All preseason I've read the Chiefs are a better team this year but will have a worse record. Thanks to Haley, with Moeaki's injury, we are a worse team.

What I'm thinking is if Pioli was thinking of firing Haley this if there was a major regression this year, why wait? He already cost us the services of our tight end for the year and KC is probably lucky they did not have to put any other key player on IR after seeing several starters limp off the field after the 1st quarter on Thursday night. This season is lost as far as the playoffs are concerned IMO. Why not let Haley go and see what Maurice Cauthon (sp?) and do? If he surprises everybody, while KC will still not make the playoffs, maybe KC will be farther along for 2012 than letting Haley coach this year and making the change after the season.

Those are my thoughts.

Oh, BTW, here is an article where Wilcots all but calls the Chiefs stupid for how they played the regulars Thurs. night.

http://www.kansascity.com/2011/09/03/3119710/chiefs-lose-moeaki-for-the-season.html
Contender for dumbest post of year

milkman
09-04-2011, 11:15 AM

I would much rather watch Palko/Stanzi for that matter as QB and at least as fan feel we still have a chance to win if Cassel is still Cassel. I do not buy the Cassel much improved BS from last yr. Weis protected him from himself and put the ballgame on the line in the hands of our running game as much as he could avoiding Cassel as much as he could and it worked because we had a weak schedule. This yr will be a whole different story and could get ugly very quickly IMO.

Again, I am not disagreeing with you about Cassel.

Neither am I disagreeing with you overall about the athletic ability of Palko, or the fact that Palko continues to look downfield when he breaks containment.

But his mechanics as a passer are worse than Cassel's, and his decision making is far worse.

You may prefer Palko, but I don't, because this team isn't good enough to overcome mistakes, and Palko makes bad decisions and take stupid risks that will cost this team.

And those risks are made even more stupid by the fact that his mechanics are so bad.

Dave Lane
09-04-2011, 11:19 AM

I think its a chick. And one that doesn't know football and just now decided to post threads.

Chiefshrink
09-04-2011, 11:33 AM
You're nuts.

If Palko goes out there tossing those fade away jump shots

Palko has no business in the NFL, let alone being in a position we may have to rely on him. He was cut from canada and he was cut from the UFL. There's a reason. He's terrible. It's like KC is sandbagging Cassel's spot by having the worst possible back up QB.

Fade away jump shots? Please see Cassel on that one.

Cut? :hmmm: Unitas, Dawson and Warner, weren't they all cut as well? Now I'm not saying Palko is a future hall of famer and anywhere close to these guys and that would be absolutely insane and nuts as you say, however, we must continue to give this kid a chance as he "continues to improve" each game and looks better with the 1st team than Cassel does IMO(key phrase here is "continues to improve") and Haley is honoring that. :thumb:

milkman
09-04-2011, 11:35 AM
Fade away jump shots? Please see Cassel on that one.

Do you actually watch football?

Chiefshrink
09-04-2011, 11:46 AM
But his mechanics as a passer are worse than Cassel's, and his decision making is far worse.

You may prefer Palko, but I don't, because this team isn't good enough to overcome mistakes, and Palko makes bad decisions and take stupid risks that will cost this team.

And those risks are made even more stupid by the fact that his mechanics are so bad.

I get your point. However if the season is looking pretty bleak(not out of the playoff hunt BUT with our tough schedule) by mid-point setting at 3-5 let's say and Cassel is still being Cassel and is still a non-playmaker I am assuming you still stay with Cassel or do you go with Palko/Stanzi and let them truly cut their teeth?

Chiefshrink
09-04-2011, 11:50 AM
Do you actually watch football?

I'm referring to Cassel's continuing "float throws"(e.g. McCluster's acrobatic catch that didn't have to be had the ball been thrown correctly, Cassel still continues this shit)

milkman
09-04-2011, 11:54 AM
I get your point. However if the season is looking pretty bleak(not out of the playoff hunt BUT with our tough schedule) by mid-point setting at 3-5 let's say and Cassel is still being Cassel and is still a non-playmaker I am assuming you still stay with Cassel or do you go with Palko/Stanzi and let them truly cut their teeth?

If it were up to me, I'd have cut Palko yesterday, and pick up a QB off the scrap heap, like a Graham Harrell or Sean Canfield (was he cut?) that actually look like a QB when he releases the ball, not a 3 point jump shooter or a shot putter.

TEX
09-04-2011, 12:00 PM
Moeake has never been able to stay healthy. It was bound to happen. Haley's approach to this preseason was wrong IMO but dude was gonna get hurt regardless. The planets are not lining up at all for KC this year. It could be a very long season.

Hammock Parties
09-04-2011, 12:01 PM
What should Pioli do?

Should he admit that he made mistakes?

http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Dexter+McCluster+Philadelphia+Eagles+v+Kansas+xehxm6Ep8aIl.jpg

Easy 6
09-04-2011, 12:02 PM
http://i.imgur.com/Hhh27.gif

This

Chiefshrink
09-04-2011, 12:04 PM
If it were up to me, I'd have cut Palko yesterday, and pick up a QB off the scrap heap, like a Graham Harrell or Sean Canfield (was he cut?) that actually look like a QB when he releases the ball, not a 3 point jump shooter or a shot putter.

Well looking the part and actually doing the part are 2 different things here.

Palko played better than Harrell IMO and I would venture to guess had a better pre-season overall than Harrell?

Don't know anything about Canfield but I'm sure he "looks the part";)

milkman
09-04-2011, 12:06 PM
Well looking the part and actually doing the part are 2 different things here.

Palko played better than Harrell IMO and I would venture to guess had a better pre-season overall than Harrell?

Don't know anything about Canfield but I'm sure he "looks the part";)

I can't even begin to imagine how you think that Palko looked better than Harrell.

Bill Brasky
09-04-2011, 12:26 PM
Contender for dumbest post of year

I usually don't chime in on threads like this because there are more than enough planateers who do. But sweet Jesus.... firing our fucking head coach a week before the season starts. This is truly the most retarded post I've ever read here.

NJChiefsFan
09-04-2011, 12:35 PM
I really can not believe this OP. If you count up all the quarters the starters played for KC vs. other teams, its probably about even. We just played them more in gm 4 and others did more in game 1 and 3. Lets fire every coach that has a player go down due to an injury. The guy had offseason surgery and has been injured before.

I am not sure what people want. Haley isn't perfect, and has come a long way already in the 3 years he has been here. He got up DJ and Bowe's ass and now both of them are playing like lunatics.

Him and Pioli have made their fair share of mistakes, but overall they have completely changed this organization around. We actually have a direction now. Its not perfect, and its not a striaght arrow to the top, but good grief fire him for Moeaki getting hurt. I don't care what that article said, all the starters got about equal time compared to other teams starters.

You want to say you think we won't be prepared fine, but to say it put guys at risk for injuires is insane. Also, how the hell can you say its failed when we haven't played ONE ****ING GAME!

digger
09-04-2011, 12:40 PM
http://i56.tinypic.com/2dik2o0.gif

Your Michael Bolton?
Then you really like his song?
What's you favorite one?

Hootie
09-04-2011, 12:41 PM
Your Michael Bolton?
What's you favorite one?

how in god's name did you come up with that ridiculous handle?

Bowser
09-04-2011, 12:43 PM
how in god's name did you come up with that ridiculous handle?

His last name is Diggerman, and that is his birthday, I'm guessing.

BigMeatballDave
09-04-2011, 12:47 PM
Moeake has never been able to stay healthy. It was bound to happen. Haley's approach to this preseason was wrong IMO but dude was gonna get hurt regardless. The planets are not lining up at all for KC this year. It could be a very long season.How do you know it was wrong?

Pablo
09-04-2011, 12:50 PM
To the OP.

Stop posting here. Please. You're just bad at the internets.

TEX
09-04-2011, 01:12 PM
How do you know it was wrong?

I said IMO it was the wrong approach - not so much because of injured players but rather because I don't feel they will be ready to start the season. How the Chiefs start out will validate or disprove my opinion.

RippedmyFlesh
09-04-2011, 01:19 PM

He was a good college qb I watched some of his games.
But watching him in college I never thought that he would do anything in the nfl.
Typical good college qb who's play just doesn't translate to the nfl.

Imon Yourside
09-04-2011, 01:51 PM
Tom Brady and the Patriots starters went nearly the entire first half for the Patriots.

What should Robert Kraft do?

Should he fire Bill Belichick?

YES please.

Simply Red
09-04-2011, 01:52 PM
Your Michael Bolton?
What's you favorite one?

http://i52.tinypic.com/zu3ww9.gif

Chiefshrink
09-04-2011, 01:57 PM
http://i52.tinypic.com/zu3ww9.gif

Glad you are still keepin the rhythm Red:thumb:

Hootie
09-04-2011, 02:13 PM
His last name is Diggerman, and that is his birthday, I'm guessing.

ah...thank you

Ming the Merciless
09-04-2011, 02:44 PM
Here is what Pioli should do:

1) Hire a team of private investigators

2) Hire a team of hackers

3) make a large donation to Chiefs planet

4) Purchase the houses next to yours, and fill them with thieves and thugs

5) Between 1,2,3 &4, make sure that you never EVER have an internet connection, computer, chiefs planet account / thread starting abilty or make any other stupid posts.

cabletech94
09-04-2011, 03:24 PM
Here is what Pioli should do:

1) Hire a team of private investigators

2) Hire a team of hackers

3) make a large donation to Chiefs planet

4) Purchase the houses next to yours, and fill them with thieves and thugs

5) Between 1,2,3 &4, make sure that you never EVER have an internet connection, computer, chiefs planet account / thread starting abilty or make any other stupid posts.

you forgot :

6) Profit.

Ming the Merciless
09-04-2011, 03:25 PM
you forgot :

6) Profit.

actually the meme would be

6) ????????

7) Profit

But I am serious. Not meme'ing at all.

cabletech94
09-04-2011, 03:27 PM
actually the meme would be

6) ????????

7) Profit

But I am serious. Not meme'ing at all.

yeah, but i figured seven steps to be one too many.

Red Beans
09-04-2011, 03:33 PM
We lose Moeaki and suddenly we're a worse team than last year? That statement is total dumbassery. And Mo as coach? Wow, how about we just plug Bill Muir in there, he'd be likely as effective as Carthon and probably wouldn't piss as many people off. Seriously, this thread reeks of stupid...

MoreLemonPledge
09-05-2011, 06:00 PM
http://i55.tinypic.com/140dpxe.jpg

Pasta Little Brioni
09-05-2011, 06:04 PM
This is almost as dumb as Haley "losing" Charles last year.

nychief
09-05-2011, 07:07 PM
wow. Our second year tight end goes down with a knee and now we should fire the coach before the season because, "why wait?"

sedated
09-05-2011, 07:24 PM
Dumbest thread ever, and that's saying a sh!t-ton.

kysirsoze
09-05-2011, 07:25 PM
This is almost as dumb as Haley "losing" Charles last year.

That was dumb, but this is a LOT dumber.

Reerun_KC
09-05-2011, 07:28 PM
WOW

KCwolf
09-05-2011, 08:18 PM
3/4 of my brain cells are gone due to this thread.....I love TM .... but Jezzzzzzus.

Stanley Nickels
09-05-2011, 09:36 PM
Why not let Haley go and see what Maurice Cauthon (sp?) and do? http://www.kansascity.com/2011/09/03/3119710/chiefs-lose-moeaki-for-the-season.html

http://forgifs.com/gallery/d/190612-1/Awkward_applause.gif? (http://forgifs.com)

BossChief
09-05-2011, 09:38 PM
http://i55.tinypic.com/140dpxe.jpg

this is one of my favorite gifs that ive seen.

kysirsoze
09-05-2011, 09:43 PM
Why not let Haley go and see what Maurice Cauthon (sp?) and do?

LMFAO I missed this the first time through. HAHA. Damn this is just about the failingest OP I've ever seen. Just amazing.

BigMeatballDave
09-05-2011, 11:14 PM
I'd be surprised if this chick ever posts again. Brutal.

Just Passin' By
09-05-2011, 11:31 PM
I said IMO it was the wrong approach - not so much because of injured players but rather because I don't feel they will be ready to start the season. How the Chiefs start out will validate or disprove my opinion.

No, it won't. A sample size of 1 won't validate or disprove anything.

whoman69
09-06-2011, 11:52 AM
No, it won't. A sample size of 1 won't validate or disprove anything.

I would say losing at home to a team that based on what it did last year should be beaten, that would be a pretty good indication this team isn't ready to start the season.

whoman69
09-06-2011, 11:53 AM
That doesn't make the initial post any less dumb.

arrowheadnation
09-06-2011, 11:55 AM
The only thing that I think is stupid is that we would dare go into this season without picking up a better backup QB after seeing what little our two are capable of.

Katie
09-06-2011, 02:12 PM
Wow. This just makes me sad - to give up on our team, coaches and players because of some bad breaks?

Rivers may be on a mission to cement his place on the QB totem pole, but that doesn't mean he will. It also doesn't mean that San Diego will win 12+ games.

We had the biggest turn around in history last year, which should give us all hope for the future. There will be bumps in the road, but don't lose sight of the fact that we are going in the right direction.

You do a disservice to our team by suggesting that a few bad breaks will take them down...there is more resolve and strength in them than you think.

HemiEd
09-06-2011, 02:16 PM
Haley should just tank the season in order to get Luck.
You should start a thread, it wouldn't be as stupid as this one. :D

Red Beans
09-06-2011, 02:18 PM
I just hop the previous 3000 and some odd posts weren't quite anywhere near as stupid as this one. If they were, I am going to call the mods out for slacking with that banhammer...

Predarat
09-06-2011, 02:22 PM
He should sign Darrin Girard!!

Jewish Rabbi
09-06-2011, 02:28 PM
There's just no way SD wins 12 games. And I will cut off my testicles and mail them to you if they win 14.

ShowtimeSBMVP
09-06-2011, 02:30 PM
ProFootballWklyPro Football Weekly

#Patriots have former Texans CB Antwaun Molden, rookie Ras-I Dowling. RT @shalisemyoung: Darius Butler has been released by New England

ModSocks
09-06-2011, 02:32 PM
is it wrong that I dont wanna see Brian Waters get a SB Ring? No Patriots SB!

michaelj_58
09-06-2011, 03:02 PM
that sucks about Moecki,But I don't know why they let Beck go.He was a vet. tight end.!!