PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs website has posted their unofficial depth chart

Line Judge
09-06-2011, 09:19 AM
Offense:
POS First Second Third Other
WR1 Steve Breaston Jerheme Urban Jonathan Baldwin
LT Branden Albert Jared Gaither
LG Ryan Lilja Rodney Hudson
C Casey Wiegmann Rodney Hudson
RG Jon Asamoah Rodney Hudson
RT Barry Richardson Steve Maneri
TE Leonard Pope Jake O'Connell
WR2 Dwayne Bowe Terrance Copper Keary Colbert
QB Matt Cassel Tyler Palko Ricky Stanzi
FB Le'Ron McClain Jackie Battle
RB Thomas Jones Jamaal Charles Dexter McCluster Jackie Battle

Defense:
POS First Second Third Other
LDE Tyson Jackson Allen Bailey Amon Gordon
DT Kelly Gregg Jerrell Powe Amon Gordon
RDE Glenn Dorsey Wallace Gilberry Brandon Bair
LOLB Andy Studebaker Justin Houston Cameron Sheffield
LILB Jovan Belcher Demorrio Williams
RILB Derrick Johnson Demorrio Williams Cory Greenwood
ROLB Tamba Hali Cameron Sheffield
LCB Brandon Flowers Travis Daniels
RCB Brandon Carr Javier Arenas Jalil Brown
SS Eric Berry Jon McGraw Donald Washington
FS Kendrick Lewis Sabby Piscitelli

Hammock Parties
09-06-2011, 09:22 AM
Gaither isn't ready to start, I guess?

RealSNR
09-06-2011, 09:24 AM
Green Bay has 5 TEs on their roster, all of them more capable than ours.

That's cute.

Chiefnj2
09-06-2011, 09:25 AM
Lilja already has some mystery injury and KC only has one backup for both guard positions and center?? Not too smart.

RealSNR
09-06-2011, 09:27 AM
Lilja already has some mystery injury and KC only has one backup for both guard positions and center?? Not too smart.They'll have to get creative in a real game. Play Richardson or Albert at guard and sub in Gaither.

Omaha
09-06-2011, 09:29 AM
How is Copper on the team? Didn't he cut himself?

RealSNR
09-06-2011, 09:29 AM
How is Copper on the team? Didn't he cut himself?Because fuck you, that's why

OnTheWarpath15
09-06-2011, 09:30 AM
Because fuck you, that's why

LMAO

O.city
09-06-2011, 09:32 AM
If Gaither is healthy and doesn't start somewhere, this staff should be gone. He is such an upgrade over Richardson at RT it isn't even funny.

ModSocks
09-06-2011, 09:35 AM
Fucking Jersey Shore...Can't believe he's on the team. Tebow Help us if he ever has to make a start...

Chiefnj2
09-06-2011, 09:38 AM
McGraw and Piscitelli. Haley loves him some slow DBs.

The Franchise
09-06-2011, 09:39 AM
Thomas Jones is starting. LMAO

Urc Burry
09-06-2011, 09:44 AM
Man our wr corp looked a lot better with Baldwin amd Moeaki starting

ChiTown
09-06-2011, 09:46 AM
McGraw and Piscitelli. Haley loves him some slow DBs.

That's racist!

Rain Man
09-06-2011, 09:52 AM
If Charles wants to start he's going to have to improve on that 6.4 yards per carry.

Coogs
09-06-2011, 09:54 AM
Without going over to the website, what does "unofficial" mean? Just some sportswriters best guess?

Otter
09-06-2011, 09:56 AM
WR1 Steve Breaston

That's encouraging to read.

Ace Gunner
09-06-2011, 09:59 AM
Because **** you, that's why

one of the better quality posts on this board during the past month.

ForeverChiefs58
09-06-2011, 09:59 AM
A few glaring things I hope changes are:

1) RT Barry Richardson Steve Maneri- if not Gaither or Maneri, Richardson needs to get better before he starts or even sees the field. This could make our QB position, and offense as a whole that much worse.

2) RB Thomas Jones Jamaal Charles- I sure hope this is just a formality, but Two Yard Thomas should never get more carries, or start over Charles. Ever. The difference between the two are like night and day.

3) LDE Tyson Jackson Allen Bailey Amon Gordon- Was hoping a light bulb would go on for Jackson this year, but until that happens I hope Bailey sees the field more.

4) LOLB Andy Studebaker Justin Houston Cameron Sheffield- Same as above, Houston and Sheffield need to be on the field more than Studebaker.

Chiefnj2
09-06-2011, 10:00 AM
Without going over to the website, what does "unofficial" mean? Just some sportswriters best guess?

It's from the Chiefs official site. They have "unofficial" under it, yet it seems pretty official. Another Pioli mystery.

O.city
09-06-2011, 10:04 AM
We should just put the best players on the field more than the shitty players. Period. Who cares who is where on the depth chart. Talent wins in the NFL more than "well he is a good guy who works hard"

kstater
09-06-2011, 10:04 AM
I'm freaking out that Jonews is listed as the startr over Charles. FREAKING OUT

O.city
09-06-2011, 10:06 AM

I feel the sarcasm but I am a little worried that Richardson is the starting RT, when in the GB game Gaither looked immensly better. If Gaither is healthy and we don't put him on the field the F/O should all be punished

Ace Gunner
09-06-2011, 10:07 AM
Gaither isn't ready to start, I guess?

that's better guess than your last 50 guesses.

Coogs
09-06-2011, 10:11 AM
It's from the Chiefs official site. They have "unofficial" under it, yet it seems pretty official. Another Pioli mystery.

LMAO I see!

BigRichard
09-06-2011, 10:18 AM

http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/dynamic/imgs/080425/Stoner-Movies/Super-Troopers_l.jpg

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
09-06-2011, 10:19 AM
I would say it's "unofficial" because Haley said in one of his press conferences that he only puts out a depth chart because the NFL makes him do it. He was laughing at the KC press corps because they take it much more seriously than he does.

I wouldn't take ANYthing on that chart to heart.

It might be close, but I don't think he really sees Jones as better than Charles or really cares about the 2nd or 3rd Inside Linebacker position unless he's getting ready to put them into the game.

It's just words on paper (if you believe his presser).

O.city
09-06-2011, 10:24 AM
I would say it's "unofficial" because Haley said in one of his press conferences that he only puts out a depth chart because the NFL makes him do it. He was laughing at the KC press corps because they take it much more seriously than he does.

I wouldn't take ANYthing on that chart to heart.

It might be close, but I don't think he really sees Jones as better than Charles or really cares about the 2nd or 3rd Inside Linebacker position unless he's getting ready to put them into the game.

It's just words on paper (if you believe his presser).

I'm not worried about the depth chart as much as I am Richardson starting at RT, when we have a better player on the bench.

If that occurs, it makes you wonder about our coaching staffs ability to evaluate talent and make correct decisions. Look at what happened to Charles a few years ago. He was stashed behind LJ for god sakes and it took an injury for him to even get into the game.

OnTheWarpath15
09-06-2011, 10:25 AM
Depth charts mean nothing.

Nothing to see here, move along.

http://www.pxleyes.com/images/users/S/Sarah06/2982/fullsize/4d9b433a7c2c9.gif

ModSocks
09-06-2011, 10:28 AM
3) LDE Tyson Jackson Allen Bailey Amon Gordon- Was hoping a light bulb would go on for Jackson this year, but until that happens I hope Bailey sees the field more.

4) LOLB Andy Studebaker Justin Houston Cameron Sheffield- Same as above, Houston and Sheffield need to be on the field more than Studebaker.

I know Jackson bashing is the popular thing to do, but the guy has made strides if the preseason is any indication. #3 overall pick kinda strides? No. But at least he's looking serviceable. Bailey has shown flashes, but Jackson has shown more and against better competition. Bailey isn't ready to take Jackson's job. Maybe next season, but not this season.

Andy Studebaker will likely come out on passing downs. Don't worry. We'll see plenty of Houston and The Sheriff once the Chiefs start rolling out their pass rushing packages.

The Bad Guy
09-06-2011, 10:32 AM
I'm happy Breaston is in the WR1 role.

Sofa King
09-06-2011, 10:42 AM
If Gaither is healthy and doesn't start somewhere, this staff should be gone. He is such an upgrade over Richardson at RT it isn't even funny.

Good call. Lets fire the whole staff over the fact that one previously injured and consistently unhealthy tackle isn't starting.

I vote you for GM of the year.

O.city
09-06-2011, 10:45 AM
Good call. Lets fire the whole staff over the fact that one previously injured and consistently unhealthy tackle isn't starting.

I vote you for GM of the year.

Sorry didn't mean gone, just stating if healthy Gaither should start over Richardson. Should have chosen my words better.

booger
09-06-2011, 10:55 AM
I don't know WTF they plan on doing for depth behind Belcher. The loss of Siler hurts pretty bad as he could backup both ILB spots. Greenwood is still learning his way but is a good backup at DJ's spot. Williams would get ran all over playiing mike backer. I'd rather see Justin Cole than Williams at that spot.

RealSNR
09-06-2011, 11:19 AM
I know Jackson bashing is the popular thing to do, but the guy has made strides if the preseason is any indication. #3 overall pick kinda strides? No. But at least he's looking serviceable. Bailey has shown flashes, but Jackson has shown more and against better competition. Bailey isn't ready to take Jackson's job. Maybe next season, but not this season.

Andy Studebaker will likely come out on passing downs. Don't worry. We'll see plenty of Houston and The Sheriff once the Chiefs start rolling out their pass rushing packages.Jackson's still getting outplayed by Gilberry, though. I know ol' Wallace sees the field plenty, so it's not like we never get to use him, but it's still gay.

SuperChief
09-06-2011, 11:51 AM
Jackson's still getting outplayed by Gilberry, though. I know ol' Wallace sees the field plenty, so it's not like we never get to use him, but it's still gay.

Whoa.

Molitoth
09-06-2011, 12:07 PM
Copper better catch every pass to ever come within 5 yards of him.

What I saw in preseason was inexcusable.

Epic Fail 007
09-06-2011, 12:28 PM

yes charles is fast but he fumbles to much ,he can`t be trusted to start

ModSocks
09-06-2011, 12:31 PM
Jackson's still getting outplayed by Gilberry, though. I know ol' Wallace sees the field plenty, so it's not like we never get to use him, but it's still gay.

yup. And I doubt we'll have him next season. He's destined to be a 43 End IMO. If he puts together another good season, he's gonna get paid by a 43 team.

RealSNR
09-06-2011, 01:29 PM
:facepalm:

58-4ever
09-06-2011, 02:43 PM
Man our wr corp looked a lot better with Baldwin amd Moeaki starting

Yeah, because Balwin has shown a great ability to bring his game to the pro level in his half of preseason action.

Rasputin
09-06-2011, 02:43 PM
I don't see it that Jones is starting over Charles. This is the depth chart from the Chiefs Links at top of the forum.

http://www.nfl.com/teams/kansascitychiefs/depthchart?team=KC

Urc Burry
09-06-2011, 02:46 PM
Yeah, because Balwin has shown a great ability to bring his game to the pro level in his half of preseason action.

Yeah since Jerheme Urban and Terrance Copper are so much better options then him. And he had a couple nice catches in his 1 game.

MahiMike
09-06-2011, 02:49 PM
Man, Leonard Pope? Baldwin better heal quick. I guess Charles will like the extra blocking but there's 1 less target to throw to now.

Chiefnj2
09-06-2011, 04:59 PM
It doesn't matter if Charles is listed ahead of Jones or vice versa. They are both going to get carries.

Big problems:
1. Gaither should be starting.
2. No interior OL depth at all. Hudson at all 3 positions?
3. No pass catching TE's.
4. Urban and Copper the #3 and #4 WR.
5. How does Jackie Battle have a roster spot?
6. If Berry or Lewis get banged up KC is screwed against the long ball.

Hammock Parties
09-06-2011, 05:00 PM
Jake O'Connell is a receiving tight end.

Battle = ST

Bump
09-06-2011, 05:01 PM
how fucked would we be if Hudson got hurt, God damn we don't have depth whatsoever

Chiefnj2
09-06-2011, 05:03 PM
Jake O'Connell is a receiving tight end.

Battle = ST

5 grabs in 2 years does not speak well to his receiving ability.

Hammock Parties
09-06-2011, 05:04 PM
5 grabs in 2 years does not speak well to his receiving ability.

That's his skillset.

O'Connell is a classic practice squad draft choice. He wasn't even an all-MAC pick, but he does possess tantalizing raw tools for a potential tight end or H-back role down the road.

He caught 46 passes in 44 games for the Redhawks, and was barely a blip on the radar of NFL scouts. That changed with an impressive pro day in front of 10 scouts in March, where O'Connell ran the 40-yard dash in 4.66 and 4.69 seconds and posted a 41-inch vertical jump.

A former high school defensive back and wide receiver in Florida, O'Connell has a long way to go before making an impact at the next level. But give him a year on the practice squad and see if he can earn a roster spot with his special teams play in 2010.

BigMeatballDave
09-06-2011, 05:08 PM
LMAO

Chiefnj2
09-06-2011, 05:08 PM
That's his skillset.

His skillset is "barely a blip on the radar".

BossChief
09-06-2011, 05:49 PM
Jones was listed as the starter at HB in every game last year iirc and Charles played in the first snap in about 1/2 of the games.

This list means as much as a list that any of us were to put together.

milkman
09-06-2011, 07:58 PM

They didn't have the required number of asterisks on either side, did they?

Andy Studebaker will likely come out on passing downs. Don't worry. We'll see plenty of Houston and The Sheriff once the Chiefs start rolling out their pass rushing packages.

There isn't one good reason that Studebaker ever needs to see the field.

Both Houston and Sheffield, in spite of their inexperience, were better against the run that was Studebaker in every single game in this preseason.

If we didn't have Houston and Sheffield, Andy Studebaker would make me long for the days of an old brokedick Mike Vrabel starting ahead of him.

BossChief
09-06-2011, 08:04 PM
They didn't have the required number of asterisks on either side, did they?

There isn't one good reason that Studebaker ever needs to see the field.

Both Houston and Sheffield, in spite of their inexperience, were better against the run that was Studebaker in every single game in this preseason.

If we didn't have Houston and Sheffield, Andy Studebaker would make me long for the days of an old brokedick Mike Vrabel starting ahead of him.

Studebaker > Richardson

Ironic because those are two of our more prominent conversation pieces of the last couple years and both are evidently gonna start week one while a possible elite player sits on the bench that should be playing their position for them.

Gaither + Houston >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Studebaker + Richardson

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-06-2011, 08:11 PM
I'm guessing Gaither is targeted to start game 3 against San Diego, we have a brutal 14 game stretch from then on.

NJChiefsFan
09-06-2011, 08:18 PM
What's the deal with Richardson's injury? Can he even start if they wanted him too?

I am not worried about Gaither. The entire offensive line has played at a level that Richardson can't hide. He is a bad player on what seems like a struggling unit at times. The coaches can't hide him. To me they don't have a choice. I can't imagine they signed Gaither for depth alone.

Studebaker however, is playing on a decent unit, one that can kind of covers for him. I am worried they will let him be out there starting way too long. Unlike the Gaither contract, Houston's is already looking at the long-term. Doesn't really tip the hand at all as to what they will do this year like Gaither's contract seems to.

If Studebaker starts Sunday so be it. I just hope, and kinda doubt, that they let Houston take over the second he has earned it. That point is right now actually, so I guess I hope they let him take over the second Studebaker shows he doesn't deserve it in a real game, which I fear is going to be Sunday.