PDA

View Full Version : KU Any KU Football fans out there?

NIUhuskies
09-06-2011, 05:52 PM
if so, my Northern Illinois Huskies play you guys this Saturday. how do you guys look this year? looking forward to the game!!

Pants
09-06-2011, 06:03 PM
if so, my Northern Illinois Huskies play you guys this Saturday. how do you guys look this year? looking forward to the game!!

There's a thread for this already.

Frazod
09-06-2011, 06:03 PM

Is that being played up here or in Lawrence?

I'd drive half an hour to watch the beakers get their asses kicked. :)

Pants
09-06-2011, 06:05 PM
Is that being played up here or in Lawrence?

I'd drive half an hour to watch the beakers get their asses kicked. :)

LOL

It's in Lawrence.

Frazod
09-06-2011, 06:06 PM
LOL

It's in Lawrence.

Oh well. :D

tk13
09-06-2011, 06:06 PM
I would check with Zach. He knows one I hear.

Saulbadguy
09-06-2011, 06:32 PM
Haven't met one in person.

Bambi
09-06-2011, 06:51 PM
Sure are!

Looking forward to a great game this weekend.

You guys have a bad ass quarterback that is sure to give the shaky KU secondary some problems.

But we have a spectacular group of freshmen playmakers (Miller, Pierson, and Shepard) who are sure to come at the Huskies fast!

I can't wait. Good luck to your squad.

Dr. Johnny Fever
09-06-2011, 07:24 PM
We have a football team?

NIUhuskies
09-06-2011, 07:30 PM
Sure are!

Looking forward to a great game this weekend.

You guys have a bad ass quarterback that is sure to give the shaky KU secondary some problems.

But we have a spectacular group of freshmen playmakers (Miller, Pierson, and Shepard) who are sure to come at the Huskies fast!

I can't wait. Good luck to your squad.

Thx good luck to you guys as well! We are running a no huddle pistol offense this year. It's pretty cool, similar to NevadA in some ways. Absolutely shredded Army with it but they are no Big 12 team. Do you guys have a younger defense this yr? Seemed like mcneese St put up quite a few passing yards

Saul Good
09-06-2011, 07:50 PM
But we have a spectacular group of freshmen playmakers

Spectacular?

Bambi
09-06-2011, 07:50 PM
Thx good luck to you guys as well! We are running a no huddle pistol offense this year. It's pretty cool, similar to NevadA in some ways. Absolutely shredded Army with it but they are no Big 12 team. Do you guys have a younger defense this yr? Seemed like mcneese St put up quite a few passing yards

The secondary is a bit of a mess due to the turmoil brought about by the Mark Mangino dismissal 2 years ago.

Some are converted WRs so they are still getting used to picking up screens and such which were really the problem last week.

Keeston Terry is young and talented and probably considered the brightest spot.

But yes, it is far removed from the days of Kendrick Harper, Darrell Stuckey, and Aqib Talib who now take checks to play football in the NFL...

ArrowheadHawk
09-06-2011, 07:53 PM
I think Northern Illinois is favored to win. KU Secondary is horrible. They look to have a good running game though. Hopefully they can control the clock.

|Zach|
09-06-2011, 07:54 PM
The secondary is a bit of a mess due to the turmoil brought about by the Mark Mangino dismissal 2 years ago.

Some are converted WRs so they are still getting used to picking up screens and such which were really the problem last week.

Keeston Terry is young and talented and probably considered the brightest spot.

But yes, it is far removed from the days of Kendrick Harper, Darrell Stuckey, and Aqib Talib who now take checks to play football in the NFL...

You can think the great state of Missouri for some of your brightest stars. One for the fact that they come from Missouri and the other because we don't have room on our squad even for really talented kids.

16 Tigers on NFL rosters right now.

|Zach|
09-06-2011, 07:54 PM
I think Northern Illinois is favored to win. KU Secondary is horrible. They look to have a good running game though. Hopefully they can control the clock.

The offense looks more talented for sure.

ArrowheadHawk
09-06-2011, 07:55 PM
You can think the great state of Missouri for some of your brightest stars. One for the fact that they come from Missouri and the other because we don't have room on our squad even for really talented kids.

16 Tigers on NFL rosters right now.

Think you very much Missouri.

Bambi
09-06-2011, 08:01 PM
Think you very much Missouri.

LMAO

What's up Arrowhead?

Looking forward to Saturday. Sucks last week wasn't televised so it should be fun to see all the guys get after it this time around.

ArrowheadHawk
09-06-2011, 08:05 PM
LMAO

What's up Arrowhead?

Looking forward to Saturday. Sucks last week wasn't televised so it should be fun to see all the guys get after it this time around.

I was going to try and go to the game but I'm going to settle for watching it in a bar. The old lady doesn't want to go to these types of games until the hawks have for sure turned around. I think we will be going to the KState game. I have a friend who is a Sooner fan that wants me to go to that game with him, but I don't think I want to see that live.

Saulbadguy
09-06-2011, 08:06 PM

That can't be right. KU should be favored IMO.

ArrowheadHawk
09-06-2011, 08:08 PM

I hope they can play well. I don't have much hope after last year.

NIUhuskies
09-06-2011, 08:14 PM

How do you figure?? Just curious...

KC_Connection
09-06-2011, 08:17 PM
Not going to the 'ship this season.

Bambi
09-06-2011, 08:19 PM
I was going to try and go to the game but I'm going to settle for watching it in a bar. The old lady doesn't want to go to these types of games until the hawks have for sure turned around. I think we will be going to the KState game. I have a friend who is a Sooner fan that wants me to go to that game with him, but I don't think I want to see that live.

I'm still figuring out which game to make my annual pilgrimage back to Lawrence for.

I'm definitely feeling the same way. The Oklahome game is the only one on the schedule that I've written down for an absolute loss (ass beating).... they are looking very, very good.

teedubya
09-06-2011, 08:30 PM

The freshmen running backs look incredible, from the small sample size. I think we will be able to run well this year... our Defense is absolutely atrocious though. H.O.R.R.I.B.L.E.